Old 10-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/260/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Frustration with loosing weight?

I'm not so much frustrated with the weight loss but what it means for me. As a college student on a tight budget weight loss just seems to keep adding more expenses to everything. For example, I got dressed up for something and my dress, hose, and bra were all too big or almost too big for me. At first I was happy, but then I realized that in a few months I would have to go out and buy a bunch of new stuff, if only to make sure I have support for my bust.

Does anyone else have this type of problem? I tried talking to my friends, but most of them are pretty thin and they all tell me that I should be happy about loosing weight and that the expenses are worth it.

Sometimes it's not only the money that causes my frustration. I almost think that it would be easier to stay my size and just go on as I always have been. Why should I put up with weird looks at the gym?

Is there some kind of weight loss depression that kicks in for people? I feel that I should always be happy when I drop a few pounds.
collegegirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I get depressed about having to lose so much weight to begin with. And your right, the expense of having to buy all new clothes is stressful, but at the same time a happy thing and that confused emotional state can really get to you.
If your clothes that are too big for you are in good condition why not sell them on Ebay or at a consignment second hand clothing shop and re-coup some money?
I get frusterated, because although I've lost in total, almost 90 lbs (my alltime high being 260) I still appear obese and my BMI is still catagorized as obese. That is the big depressor right there for me.
Chin up girl (or in my case chins up), its not only about being thinner, its also about being healthier. And buying smaller clothes beats the hades out of buying larger clothes!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I feel you! Urgh, I just moved down a pant size and I was sooo excited. I had some old size 10's lying around but hate how they all look/fit on me. And my shirts are all huge and only 2 fit me right-and I'm broke so I don't want to go out and spend a ton on new clothes either =(. Especially bc I want to go down to a size 8. Like I don't think I'll mind buying clothes when I'm in my final size, but right now it feels like such a waste! I'm all for Walmart and TJ Maxx...those usually have cheaper clothes and sometimes you can find some really cute stuff in the clearance racks-you just have to dedicate some serious time to it.

Honestly, if you're happy at your current weight then why are you trying to lose weight? Maybe you should make a list of reasons you want to lose weight and then whenever you're feeling down and want to quit, just look at the list (me? I looked at pictures of myself for motivation). Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel because it seems so far away, but it's there I swear!

As for the gym, screw 'em! I don't care anymore. No one there to impress...they're all sweaty too, hehe. Keep on doing what you're doing! And good luck.
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #4  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Yeah get this, I am really broke right now being a single mother and all. So I had gotten some more work out clothes on clearance at target so that was pretty cool. But then when I was doing laundry I noticed that I was missng some items. I went through my 2 drawers and I looked everywhere else in the house and realized that the washers wereOPEN when I went to go change them over to the dryers. Someone had stolen my bras and underwear, and they were old too!!! Isn't that gross. So I ended up spending about 200 dollars on all new underwear and bras when i was waiting to lose all my weight first. Now that just ticks me off!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #5  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

But think about all the health expenses you are savng in the future...i mean really
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

STOLEN UNDERWEAR????? Ewwwwwwwwww.....

Collegegirl -- I totally understand how it gets you down when you're losing weight... I can't really explain how it happens to me, but let me just tell you -- I GET IT!!

In terms of clothes, you might just have to settle for some DIY new clothes....KEEP THE STUFF that is too big for you now.....because put a belt on a dress that's 2-3 sizes too big and all of a sudden it's a tunic dress. BAM -- new outfit!! Invest in some cute wide belts, they're totally in style now, you can get them SUPER cheap, and they'll keep your clothes more fitted and cute until you can save money.

Also, do you know how to sew? Or do you have friends/a mom/sisters who do?? Hang onto your clothes and then tailor them yourself, or GET them tailored. It's cheaper than buying all new clothes and will do (at least for the time being).

Check out clearance stuff EVERYWHERE, and, though it takes some digging, you can find some passable stuff at places like goodwill, etc.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

buy cheap/low quantity items....
its what i do....
i buy one or two pair trousers and a few tops....
when i hit a new size cos i know i wont be in them for too long....
i had a whole wardrobe of size 12....
all of those are now to big....
so i have a few sizes 10s....
and a few 8s ready - not that i ever think i will fit in them!!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
Someone had stolen my bras and underwear, and they were old too!!! Isn't that gross.

EEEEWWWW!! Who steals old bras and underwear? I would find it really creepy wearing someone elses underwear lol

Last edited by nicoledg; 10-03-2008 at 10:20 AM.
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegegirl21 View Post
I'm not so much frustrated with the weight loss but what it means for me. As a college student on a tight budget weight loss just seems to keep adding more expenses to everything. For example, I got dressed up for something and my dress, hose, and bra were all too big or almost too big for me. At first I was happy, but then I realized that in a few months I would have to go out and buy a bunch of new stuff, if only to make sure I have support for my bust.

Does anyone else have this type of problem? I tried talking to my friends, but most of them are pretty thin and they all tell me that I should be happy about loosing weight and that the expenses are worth it.

Sometimes it's not only the money that causes my frustration. I almost think that it would be easier to stay my size and just go on as I always have been. Why should I put up with weird looks at the gym?
Is there some kind of weight loss depression that kicks in for people? I feel that I should always be happy when I drop a few pounds.
Don't give up. Kind of sounds like your mind is trying to trick you into quitting by giving you excuses to think about Yeah, weight loss can be very scary because of all the changes - changes in habits, changes in appearance, changes, changes, changes BUT it is truly worth it - you won't believe how good you're going to feel!

By all means, invest in a couple of good bras (but make sure you watch them like a hawk at the laundry ) - if they have the correct construction, you can use the smaller hooks for quite a while before your actual cup size changes. For the rest of your clothes - hit the sale racks and consignment stores and just buy a few pieces at a time. Sometimes you can make a swap at the consignment stores too. Take them your too big stuff and get a credit toward something that fits. Then when those get too big, just do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
Someone had stolen my bras and underwear, and they were old too!!! Isn't that gross. Now that just ticks me off!
Creepy, creepy, creepy.....
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote