South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Height: 5'7"

Default How do I get back on the wagon?

I was on the SBD for about 2 months and I lost 25 pounds. However, what started out as "celebrating my birthday" turned into a three month downward spiral. I have regained about 8 pounds and most of my muscle and I look terribly bloated. How do I get back on the wagon and start again? Anyway else fall off and get back on with success?
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Start back on phase 1?? I would think you need to get rid of the cravings and get back into the SB mode of thinking... good luck! You did it once, you can do it again!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #3  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Yes, start back on Phase 1 and be sure to plan. Without an action plan, you're not going to succeed. Plan your meals, go grocery shopping, get rid of any unhealthy food you have in your pantry. You can do it, you just have to start again.

Good luck!!!
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LadyPhoenix, as the others have said, you should start from the very beginning again with a clean Phase 1. You have to detox and rid your body of all the cravings. When you start Phase 2, take it slowly. We have a great sticky about how to approach Phase 2 in our FAQ section of this forum.
Good luck this time around, and it's great to have you back!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i agree. just start all over from day one phase 1! good luck!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #6  

And you are not alone, many of us have eaten something that has brought on cravings that required a few days, week or two back in Phase I to detox, regroup and start a new. I think of Phase I as my safety place, if I try something that turns out to be a trigger food for me (I learned I really can’t eat sugar free pudding) then just moving back to Phase I allows me to just detox and not think about loosing weight until I’m feel back in control.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Right, I've done Ph1 3 or 4 times over the last year. It's the thing that really kicks me back into gear when I start to slide. I'm going on vacation in about a week and I'm already planning Ph1 for at least a week when I get back.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

so...you just climb back on with more determination! Hope that answers your question.

And POST! This board is for support at all times, not just when we're doing OK.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

having a treat now and again is good, but I'm learning when I do to make it something that wont send the trigger gun into over load. cheese cake for my birthday this year, and not the kind found here on south beach! Nope! I plan to go to a bakery and pick up ONE piece, and ENJOY IT! hehehee. But thats way off in December! .

I myself have restarted p1 four times! Each time I found I jumped to fast into p2. I also learned for me, to stick with p 1.5. see, I'm PCOS and my body reacts differently to the whole wheats, and fruits. so instead of three helpings, for myself, I have to stick to 1 of each per day. I do not recommend this unless you have too!

There's a "easing into p2" stickie, as cottage mentioned. READ IT, it helped me! This time I seem to be doing much better after reading that!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #10  

Hi LadyPhoenix : )

I just started SBD and today is day 1 for me! I posted in the phase1 section. First and foremost, congratulations on the 25lb. loss! THat is wonderful. I havn't fallen off the wagon on this plan yet as it's totally new to me and just started but I sure have fallen off of a very healthy eating regiment and for more than 3 months! For me, the longer I am off of it..the harder it seems to start again. You already have a jump start in the sense you know the plan (the SBD) etc. I did what someone else suggested here regarding the grocery shopping. I picked a day to start and went to the market and got all of the things I need. Preplanning my meals for 2 days in advance has always helped me. I'm good for the week! lol. I think just picking a day and saying okayyyyyyyy day 1 today and then going and posting (as ruth said) will surely help.

I sooooo know what you mean about the birthday dinner! That has happened to me in the past! I got thrown off course. Tomorrow is a new day. Hope you join us in the thread, we can help each other (all of us) get on and stay on that wagon...one day at a time! Let's kick some butt!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I fall often. (in more ways than one)

But I agree with everyone above. If you can't kick the cravings, hit Ph1 again. I've had to do it numerous times, and I always swear it's going to kill me, but it doesn't, and I actually look and feel better around day 5. Then, take your time easing into Ph2.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and talk to us! We're all here to help.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #12  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Default Lady Phoneix-

How did it go getting back to plan? Did you decide to go to Phase 1 for craving control? I hope all is going well for you!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #13  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

8 of 25 is not too bad. i bet when you start phase 1 several of those bloat pounds will get gone!!
you can do this!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Thanks for all the encouragement and support!! I have decided to start Phase 1 again tomorrow. I was a little nervous about how much it was going to cost me to do it because I am a financially-challenged college student but I've found creative ways to save money. Today I am going grocery shopping and clean out my fridge and pantry. I'll check in with you guys along the way. Let's do it! :-)
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/231/170

Height: 6'

I'm right with you Lady, we can do this (again!)
Sandi
Skandia is offline   Reply With Quote