Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Maximum number of net carbs?

How many carbs do you still lose with?

If I restrict to 20 or less per day, I lose about 4-6 pounds per week. I'd like to push it up to 25 or 30 per day {today, I'm at 18 net carbs already eek!}. For the past few months, I've been counting any non-vegetable carbs, and aiming for less than 10 per day. But with all the veggies, I'm fairly sure I was well over 50 carbs per day. I lost about 1-2 pounds per week.

Does anyone have any insights into the magic carb number?
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #2  

It's really all about determining the number of carbs that works for each individual. 4-6 lbs per week is amazing! I know most plans say your loss will end up slowing to 1-2 lbs per week so it sounds like you will be more than able to maintain being around there - I say keep doing what you're doing now!
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

If I restrict to 20 or less, I actually lose my appetite and I don't eat and I don't lose! So I usually limit that to a day or two to get back into ketosis, then go back up to about 35 or so. That way I am not hungry a lot, but I still lose about 3 lbs a week. I can get up to about 50 and still stay in ketosis but the weight loss slows quite a bit.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i am trying lc again...i did it for about a month last summer and then stopped losing got frustrated and life got in the way...excuses excuses i know....anyways i cannot give up fruit, which may have been my downfall last time, but want to try it again since i have a trip coming up at the holidays and will be seeing a lot of family and am not losing enough with my current 1400 calories a day and 3 times a wk workouts....i know i need to bump up my exercise but what is the absolute max amt of carbs for you all where you can still lose a good 2-5 pounds a week. thanks
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote