South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Question in Re to condensed soup

I've been looking some superfast low effort either 20 min or maybe crockpot recipes because with Fall here my energy is gone (thanks be to fibromyalgia) and whatever is left I'd like to use for exercise.
Much of what I have found involved various Campbells condensed soups healthy request

here is my Q I found on some other random SB inspired website ppl saying that Healthy request was ok for all phases. But since I don't "know" these chicks and they don't have Nessa (Woman you're the gold standard!) I figured I'd put it to you guys.
Are the healthy Request soups even remotely ok?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I would have to read the label. There are many varieties of this soup. Most of the soup labels I have read have no-no ingredients...noodles, potatoes, starches not allowed.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Check out Campbell's new V-8 soups. They look pretty ok...6g of sugar per serving, but a serving is a cup, so if you use it in a recipe, should be ok because you wouldn't be getting that much. They have a recipe section that looks good too. I haven't tried any yet, but other than the corn the others look ok.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-02-2008 at 07:12 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i need to see the ingredients to know for sure.

more than likely for phase 2 they are fine for occasional use.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/125/125

Height: 5'5"

The Campbells V8 soups have potatoes in the ingredients. I personally would use low sodium broth and if phase 2, ww flour to thicken at the end when about ready to eat..you can add creaminess via fat free condensed evaporated milk. It truly depends on the recipe that you are trying to alter. If you have a specific recipe, I will gladly help figure out ways to alter it. I have been doing this diet for almost 2 years now and I love to cook so I look at altering recipes as a challenge.
Ciaran60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Well, that stinks! I didn't see the ingredients listed anywhere. Will have to check them out on the boxes at the store. They all have potatoes? Well, humphh!!!!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #7  
Determined to lose!

I was in the store today, looking at canned soup for my son (he asked to loan some food till he gets his first paycheck)... They had canned soup with no additives, no preservatives, NO MSG!!!!! was a new line from Campbells healthy something or other. Looked pretty good to me, but I didn't read all the ingredients, but opted not to buy it for my son as it wasn't specific to his list (tortilla's, chicken and cheese to stuff tortillas, and frozen pizza) LOL, I keep warning him that he wont always be able to get away with that lifestyle, and it's unhealthy even if he is thin. He doesn't care, he's a teen!!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I guess I'm goign to have to find more alternatives! I just want something I don't have to think about or put too much work in b/c this time of year My body stops completely by 7pm and I get home at 6:30/6:45 Research it is!
Thanks Ladies
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Kierie, I love the Taco Soup/Refried Bean soup recipes. They are as quick as canned because mostly everything comes out of a can. Open a couple of cans of Rotels, some refried beans, whole beans, add water to desired thickness, check your fridge to see if you have any leftover meat, salsa, or veggies that need to get used up and throw in there. If you haven't tried it you should. I use refried pintos or black beans, or all different types of whole beans. By varying a bit you can get lots of different soups. The fireside white bean and sausage soup is also really quick, using canned beans.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

Kierie, I love to make a dish on the weekends, like (clears throat) Taco bake! this week it will be chili. I make those and eat on them throughout the week, and have chicken breasts ready to pop in the broiler for the nights I'm rushed. Chicken breast with lemon pepper seasoning, throw a bag of veggies in microwave, a side of cottage cheese and/or apple sauce, and milk is a nice QUICK, healthy dinner!

ETA: i cleared my throat cause the girls like to pick on me, once I discovered the taco bake (I substitute the tomato paste for pesto and it makes a world of difference) I make it like every week for a month solid! h eheheheh. although I haven't made it in a month. I do, girls, plan to make it next week, as its my sons birthday and he LOVES it! hahahaha.

Last edited by Loriann7; 10-03-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote