Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/214/160

Height: 5'3

Default Night time eating

Hi everyone! I'm really having trouble with eating at bedtime!!! The last three nights I have eaten until falling a sleep!!!! I'm on weight watchers and have been doing well, then wham I just want to eat at night. I'm usually at my point max., not using any extra of the 35. Not that I have any extra left after I go on a binge. Help what can I do that will break this cycle ?
Lashelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Lashelle - I am on WW too and have had the same problem with wanting to eat, non stop, at night. I like to keep some 0-1 point snacks around so that when I feel like munching while watching tv before bed, I can eat them without ruining all my progress for the day. Try things like dill pickles, Progresso soups have a few 0 point cans, WW Ice Cream Fudge Bars are 1 point. One of my favorite things is keeping gum around. If I need something sweet I pick a fruity flavor or if I just feel like eating and have no points, I'll pick wintergreen or spearmint because it makes my mouth minty fresh and who wants to eat a cookie with a mouth of mint!! I heard that if you brush your teeth instead of eating too it helps because of the same minty mouth it gives you. Good Luck!!

Last edited by HilaryAnne; 10-02-2008 at 08:10 AM.
HilaryAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Lashelle, I'm going to move your post to General Diet Plans and Questions. It'll get more coverage there.

I used to have a terrible time with night time eating. I could easily consume 1000 calories while reading in bed. I tried every trick in the book to break the habit.
I know this'll sound really unappealing to you, but I eventually ended up putting a small bowl of fruit on my bedside table. I didn't allow myself to go back downstairs for anything else. I tell you, I felt incredibly virtuous eating an apple instead of party bad of chips.
It actually only took about four days to break myself of the habit. I was really surprised that my "just do it" attitude worked. It's been almost a year, and I've never looked back. It's the most incredible feeling knowing that I was able to break a bad habit. All by myself.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #4  

Yes- it is that- just a habit to be broken. I did it by brushing my teeth very thoroughly around 7 (I hate brushing and flossing), then telling myself if I ate anything after that I'd only have to brush and floss again. Funny but true!
plaidkitty is offline   Reply With Quote