WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for Halloween--October

Tina
10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
:haphal: Hello everyone,
If you are new here, we follow WW and want to be healthy.
You will find lots of support here. Give us a try! :D

We are actually having Fall down here in TX. Hurricane Ike is almost a thing of the past. Out of the 2.1 million customers who were without power, only 2% still need help.
I can actually see my street, as of this evening! Blown down tree limbs and debris were piled up between the sidewalk and curb for two weeks. I'm so happy. And, I'll get some exercise raking the leaves that were left. :carrot:

I've been OP so far this week. My fingers and toes are crossed for a good loss tomorrow.

Everyone come on in and post something, please. :hug:
Tina
:witch:

auntie
10-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I posted this on the weigh in thread.... so I just cut and pasted it here. oops :)

Thanks for starting us off Tina!!!

I know this is silly but I am stressing over having foot surgery next summer. Go figure, it's not like I don't have enough stuff to do between now and then. I don't even go back to the doctor until the end of the month. But I'm worried that I won't be healed by the time I have to go back to school next fall. My toe hardly even bends anymore but I can't have the surgery any earlier because of school and being off for 3 months.

Tina
10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Susan,
I do not think it's silly for you to worry about your surgery. :hug: It's a major deal for you. However, move it to the back of your mind for now!!!!! You know it will have to happen. But, you need to get your mind on something pleasant. (A little, very little, advice from Dr. Tina.)

Can you believe that this week is flying by so fast. Tomorrow, my sister and I are going to go see how Mother is doing. They moved her to a different unit at the nursing home. They have more people per "patient" and that will be much better. I don't go alone any more. It's just so hard to be there since her dementia is worse.

Have a good day tomorrow.

jar1965
10-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Morning Ladies! Anyone doing any Halloween goals?

Tina - I hope you have a nice visit with your mom & sister! :hug:
Thanks for getting us started for this new beautiful fall month! I'm glad the clean up from IKE is getting done.

Sweetkam - I loved your mirror poem. I saved it in hard copy! I think it is one I'll read over again and share with my friends too! I hope your weightloss is going well!

Susan - Hi! I agree with "Dr. Tina".........try to put your foot surgery on the back burner for now. I also agree that you can't help worrying about it. But.......it's tooooo soon! AND JUST THINK of the relief you are going to get!:hug::hug:

Tammy - Hi! How's Maurice? I hope things are going good for you! :hug:

A big shout out to Dori, Maureen, & Cakebatter! I hope you gals are ok! Hey out to anyone I may have missed!

Well I am not feeling good! That gosh darn diverticulosis!!!! Grrrrrrrr. I have noticed when I have an occurance it usually lasts about 5 - 10 days - so I should be on the down side now! I'm going to go WI and post on the WI thread. I'm not feeling it, but ...... we'll see! *It's hard to keep a high fiber LOW POINT diet!

Hugs~
jeanne

jar1965
10-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I finally found a fall avatar!!!!! DON'T BLINK.........as often as I change them!

Tina
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Jeanne, I love it!!!!!

sweetkam
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
HEY! I am soooo excited about october because it brings us closer to the snow while being absolutely beautiful outside! which means i can still bike outside and go trailing! hopefully i will be able to go on a hike on saturday. :running:

Have a good op rest of the week/weekend!

Tina
10-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Happy Weekend,
Grrr..... I wrote a very long post but it's not here!!!!!:mad:
Sometimes I think my computer has a mind of its own and doesn't like me. :lol:
Jeanne, I'm so sorry you've been feeling bad. Has that special diet helped any?
Susan, I hope you aren't stressing out this weekend. BTW, did Pat ever see his neurologist?
Tammy, how is little Maurice? More importantly, how are you doing? We really, really miss you!!!:^:
Dori, where are you girl?
Kam, did you take that hike today? It's beautiful weather right now.
CakeBatter, did you leave us for another thread. :(

Maureen, we miss hearing from you and wonder how things are. Please let us know when your move is scheduled. We could all come help you pack. :D

:flow1:

maureen kempster
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone-I honestly think I'm nuts-I've decided against moving back east-I just don't feel comfortable about being able to get a job there-the economic situation right now isn't the best and I don't think we've seen the end of it yet-so I think I'll play it safe and stay where I have a job and the people don't want me to go-my two grown sons are just going to have to learn to grow up-one just told me that once he gets his things from my apartment he'll consider me dead-oh well! I told him when he grows up I'll be happy to talk to him-
On a cheerier note-I got a 5 month old cocker spaniel female-she's all black and I need some suggestions for a name-any help will be appreciated. My two cats aren't too thrilled right now but I'm sure they'll come around.

When I decided to move I sold a lot of my furniture so now I have to buy some-I am looking forward to that.
As for sticking to program-it's not happening-I've got to get into another frame of mind here and get serious

I hope you all have a super day

thanks for being here
maureen

maureen kempster
10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Tina-I think our messages must have crossed each other!!

Tina
10-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Maureen, you're right. We were posting at the same time.
What is with your son? I'm sorry that's the way it is. Do they both know that you're staying?
Getting new furniture will be fun.
I totally understand not wanting to move when you don't have a job there. Everything is out of whack right now.
I know----we can come help you buy furniture. :):):)
About the puppy's name, I've never had dogs so I'm not the one to offer a name. I'm not sure if your cats will ever appreciate you buying a dog. :lol:

maureen kempster
10-04-2008, 06:35 PM
My sons still think I'm going and that's the way I'm going to leave it for now-

Ladybug2680
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Hello ladies. It's been so long since I posted. Things are still about the same. Most days I feel very overwhelmed. I feel as though I need to go somewhere quiet and have a a real good cry and them maybe everything will be better. I often wonder if things will ever get better. I know I must have faith, but I'm not sure I'm even capable of having some.

As far as being OP, I'm not. Like Maureen said I need to get in a new mindset and get serious with.

Next weekend is my 10 year reunion and I must say I'm very nervous about going due to the amount of weight I have gained. I'm sure things will be fine though.

I'll try to post more often.

auntie
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi All,
We spent the day at the Texas State Fair. I wanted to do something where my mind would be preoccupied. Four years ago today, my one and only child passed away. He was 2 months and 24 days old. I did pretty good most of the day but it was strange I knew when it was the exact time. Tears started flowing but I just kept going. We did have a fun day! Which is what I wanted and I know my son would want!

Tina, how was the visit with your mother? I'm glad you don't go alone.

Tammy, Have you put Maurice down yet? He sure is a cutie!!!

Maureen, want us to come up and have a little chat with your sons? We will!!! :) As for a name for you new puppy.... I'll have to think.

Dori, I can promise you that there will be alot of people who have gained weight and or have lost hair. Go and have a good time!!! I promise you will come back going Oh my gosh!!!!

Jeanne, how are you feeling?

Tina
10-04-2008, 11:24 PM
My dear Susan,
I didn't realize that today was the day. :hug:
I'm glad y'all went to the fair.
Love you,
Tina :hug:

jar1965
10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Morning Ladies! I had an ok weekend. Kinda long and lonely! I was off and everyone else worked. You would think I would have done something productive, but...........I didn't!:o Because I was home all w/e alone for the most part.......I didn't stay OP! I didn't go crazy overboard or anything though! I was going to go for a nice walk this morning, but I haven't even gotten out of my pj's yet.:o It's a brisk bright 40 degrees here this morning.

I watched the Notebook last night. Not good. I mean a great movie, but too sad and sappy when you are home alone! haha!

Tina - Hi! As I was watching the movie (don't take this the wrong way) I thought of you. The main character had dimentia. It helped me understand why you feel how you do. I wasn't familiar with the disease until I watch the movie. Hugs girlfriend. You and your family deserve them! I couldn't even imagine watching my loved one going through dimentia. I actually believe it has to be harder on the family/caregivers!!!

Maureen - Well howdy! So nice to see your post! A new puppy! How wonderful. WE ARE DOG PEOPLE!!! haha! I had a black cocker for 14 years. She had a tad of white on her so we named her Oreo. We also have had a Corky, Abby, Nikki, & Molly! Good Luck on the naming process! It'll come as you get to know her personality! Our Abby is still living she is only 8 and we adopted her 6 years ago from the dog pound. She was starving (26#), abused and so neglected. WELL.........She is now 60# and the love of our lives. Oh & her name at the pound was Dacquari!!!!!!! haha!
Hey, nobody can judge you on your decision weather to move or not!!! You are an adult and you know deep down inside what you need & want!! I'm sure you will do what is right for you! NOW, for that son..........yes indeed, I'd like to join Susan in a "chat" with him! Grrrrrrrr! Hugs girlfriend! :hug:

Susan - Hi! You are a strong woman! My thoughts and love go out to you!

Tammy - Hi! How's Maurice? And Tim? haha! Hope you are enjoying both of them! :hug:

Kam - Hi! SNOW!!!!!! Oh no...........don't say that yet! haha! You must be young yet! I hope you got your hike in yesterday! You take care and stay OP! ;)

Dori! So nice to see you! Have fun at your class reunion and let us know how it goes! Oh, and you know Katherine Hepburn once said....."I believe HAPPY women are the prettiest women!!"

Well ladies, I gotta scott! I'm going to do some laundry and then ........ ummmmm...... nothing I guess! I'm home alone today too! You know, I'm not going to take "empty nest" well when my daughters are gone! Just a little heads up for ya! haha~

Have a great day!
Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
10-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Happy Monday,
It's a work day around here. I have a repairman coming this afternoon to look at the dryer. It makes a horrible screeching noise when it runs. Anyone ever have that problem???
Jeanne, thanks for the hug.
Everyone have a fantastic day. Just remember-----we are beautiful people!

auntie
10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Tina, did you get your dryer fixed? Mine is making a similiar noise. I'm afraid it's going to die soon. It's 14 years old so it's getting close.

Tina
10-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Yes, my dryer is fixed!!!
He took the tub out and saw that the lubrication was all gone. Two parts were grinding and that must be making the noise.
It was a very nice repairman. He only charged $30 for the squirt of stuff. He was supposed to charge $80.00! We had talked about the hurricane and all the money we had to pay to get our trees fixed. :carrot:
Susan, I hope you can get yours fixed easily, too. Our dryer is 7 years old.

Ladybug2680
10-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Tina - Glad your got your dryer fixed.

Okay ladies. I need a swift kick in the behind. This fat has got to come off. *sigh*

Tina
10-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Dori, consider yourself kicked!
I think we all need to get together and exercise!!!!!

Ladybug2680
10-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Okay so this is is plan...I'm going to count my calories and points for a couple of days to see how close they are. I'm beginning to wonder if counting calories at first would help more and then once I've lost a little start with WW's. Only one way to find out. Test it.

So the weather here is GA is actually nice. The mornings have a little chill to the air (which I love) and by noon things have warmed up. Still a little too warm for my taste, but that's okay.

School is okay. My class still isn't running like I would like, but that's my own fault. I plan on setting up centers in the near future and having more time to work with students one on one which is what is needed in the resource setting. We have a four day weekend to celebrate Christopher Columbus. So I'm looking forward to that.

Well I must run for now. Talk to you lovely ladies later.

jar1965
10-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Dori! Here's a swift kick from me too!!!!;)

Tina
10-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi all,
Dori, Yea for a 4-day holiday!!!:carrot:
Jeanne, I hope you're feeling better. :hug:
Tammy, we miss you.:( I hope little Maurice is keeping you company.
Susan, you are just too busy at work. You don't post as much as usual. I miss you, girl. I hope your foot isn't bothering you.
Maureen, I'm sure your boss is happy you are staying. Have you been furniture shopping yet?
CakeBatter, we miss you.:?:

Boy the stock market is doing a number on all the 401Ks and stocks in general. We might have to start cutting back on food shopping to start saving more money.
I've been OP but the scales don't show it. Bad Scales!!!:lol:
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a good reading.

Ladybug2680
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Still having a hard time getting back OP. On top of that our landlord is being a booger.

We signed a year lease last November. Well we wanted to move to a monthly lease and he said that would be okay. However, yesterday I receive an email stating that have listed the house with AHRN and they listed it being available as of November 8. So the next month is going to be crazy. We will have to pack and move in the middle of work, classes for our bachelors and masters degree. I'm absolutely livid to say the least.

Hope all of you all are doing great. Perhaps one day I'll get back on the wagon. *sigh*

auntie
10-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi,

Things are busy. Since school doesn't get out until 4:15 and teachers can leave at 4:30, I don't seem to be able to get out of the building before 5. There seems like I never have enough time to get everything done.

My foot is doing better with the new pads in it but it still hurts. I go back on the 29th and plan on telling him to schedule the surgery for when I get out of school. I plan on doing it as soon as we get out. So I'll spend the summer off my foot. Ugh!!!

Hope everyone had a good day.

jar1965
10-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Just a quick fly by to tell everyone I'm thinking of you!!! Hope you all had a good week. You've been pretty quiet! We have been busy with the house and I haven't felt good. First my diverticulosis and then TOM!!!! Blah!!!

Well have a great weekend! Big hugs!

jeanne

Tina
10-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Everyone!

I hope y'all are having a good weekend. I'm puny! Instead of going to church today, I went to one of those Medi-Clinics in Walgreen's. I've got an acute upper resiratory infection. It's viral so I don't get antibiotics. I've got a prescription nasal spray and some Mucinex today. Fun and games. NOT

I should lose a pound or so since my throat is too sore for me to eat. :mad:

jar1965
10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey Tina - feel better soon!;)

auntie
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Now Tina, that is NO way to spend your weekend. Get to feeling better.

I had a headache since Friday. It was a killer. Pat finally said today "call the massage school and see if you can get in." I did and they said I could come right then that was the only time they had. I did.... and I feel better. It's still there but much better.

Jeanne, you crack me up with all of your avatars. I forget to change them or my ticker for that fact :)

Hi Tammy, how are you doing? How is Tim?

Tina
10-12-2008, 11:29 PM
My Texans won today!!!!! :):):)
Susan, Ouch! I'm glad you got that massage.
How is everyone doing?????

jar1965
10-13-2008, 03:10 PM
hi ladies! I'm at work. It's really quiet today! So, it's harder to stay out of the chocolate. I had to work all weekend to make up my hours from calling off Thursday. Oh well! I'm drinking lots of water today. I thought maybe I would start to feel better if I ate some things that are good for me and drank some water. So, hey, I'll try it. Again!:p

Tina - Go Texans! The Steelers didn't play this week!
How's your cold? Are you feeling better yet? I hear ya about the 401k's! My husband is so into all that!!!! Have a good day.

Tammy - hi and hugs out to you! How is the new kitty? Are you still singing him to sleep? How's Tim? Was he off today for Columbus Day?

Dori - I relate to staying or even getting back OP! Urgh! It's rough. I'm the worst I think! I'm so sorry about the move you are going to have to make in November! Landlords! Urgh again! :hug:

Susan - Hi! So sorry about your headache. I wish we had a massage school to be able to go to!!! I have never had a professional massage - but - I think I would love it! About my avatars - I collect avatars! haha! Actually I have teenage girls and they are always doing something with their myspace and when they find ones I would like - they send them to my file! I enjoy them!

Well I better scoot, just wanted to take some time and do personals since I haven't in awhile! Have a great day. Stay OP! Drink your water! And.........go for a walk!

Hugs!
jeanne

Tina
10-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi all,
Jeanne, you are a ray of sunshine! :)
Maureen, Dori, CakeBatter, Tammy and Susan.....hope y'all are having a good day.
I feel so lousy. Now this respiratory infection has given me an earache. :( I still have some eardrops, though, from another time. I just started using them.
I AM drinking water....and hot tea and juice..... I'm about to wash away.

auntie
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well. It was beautiful here today.

Tina, sorry you are still feeling puny!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Dori, how is school going?

Jeanne, that's great that your daughters watch out for you. The massage school is great!!! Plus it's cheap $30 for an hour.

Tammy, Here's a hug for ya :hug:

Maureen, what's the weather like there this time of the year?

chunckymonkey
10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Susan, my condolences and I too am glad you had a nice time at the fair.

I spent a day and a half with my brother - and this time he actually had fun. He thanked me numerous times and I offered next weekend to him - maybe go to a haunted house or corn maze - he said he'd think about it. Don't know what I did to him and he won't tell me but apparently he's letting bygones be bygones.

Peace to all in the coming week

Tina
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi,
Y'all probably are tired of hearing about my being sick----don't answer that! :lol:
After having fever in the night and not sleeping much, I went to the doctor today. I got antibiotics and something to clear out the congestion. The earache is caused by the swollen glands pressing against the ear. Hopefully, that's right! I'm about at the end of my rope.

Hope y'all had a good Tuesday. BTW, where is everyone?????

auntie
10-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi,
Tina, I'm sorry you are still sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!! Take care of yourself!!!

Well, I ate everything in sight today!!!!! Nothing made me, it was good day otherwise but I just kept eating. Now I'm mad at myself!

Hope everyone had a better food day.

Ladybug2680
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Hello ladies. Things are going well.

We found another house right down the road from the one we're at now. The landlord is so nice and willing to fix things if anything happens. Everything in the house is brand new. We move in November 1st.

Susan - School is okay. I'm a little overwhelmed because it's seems as though there is something new every week that we have to do or turn in. We started testing on Tuesday and will be done next Friday. I don't have to test this year though (which is a wonderful thing). I have hope things will get better though. :)

Tina
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi all :D ,
Is everyone ready for a weekend? I am! I'm feeling lots better. This staying inside and feeling lousy is for the birds. No, not I don't want to wish this on birds. :lol:
Dori, I'm so glad y'all found a house. Wow, and the landlord is willing to fix things, too.
Jeanne, do you have to work this weekend? How is your family doing?
Susan, don't be mad at yourself. We all have bad days, for no reason. ;) Pick one thing that healthy and make sure that you do it this weekend.
Tammy, we miss you, girl!
Maureen, have you been furniture shopping? Did your son move out of your apartment? I'm sorry you are going through all this.
Do you have time to roller blade? I'll bet that would be a good stress-reliever.
CakeBatter, we miss you.

I've got lots of errands to run today. I hope my strength holds up and I'm not too weak. Now that my throat is better, I've got to start eating fruit.

Ladybug2680
10-18-2008, 01:14 PM
This weekend will be spent packing, writing a paper, and 2 units. Yikers. I have a lot to do. I'm trying my hardest to get back OP, but I'm finding it very hard. I'm thinking I'm going to try baby steps and go from there. Well I better get back to packing. Ciao for now. :)

Tina
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi,
I'm checking in to see what's going on with everyone. ?????

Dori, I know what's going on at your house--probably mass chaos with all the packing. I know you'll get it all done in time. :) There's no doubt about it.

I'm feeling good (knock on wood). I'm going to keep on drinking lots of water and juice, though. I'm in the habit and don't want to break out of it.

'Would love to hear from every one of you. hint...hint...hint...

auntie
10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone had a good day! Yesterday, I went grocery shopping, cleaned the house, washed, and then Pat played last night. I had talked myself out of going but Pat said, "Come on and go" So I went. I got in bed at 4:30 this morning. Needless to say, I'm a little tired today. I haven't done much today.

Other than that nothing exciting here.

Dori, I know you will get it all done. I know you are stressed about everything. :hug:

Tina, glad you are feeling better...finally. How is the clean up down there going?

Jeanne, is work still real busy or does it stay busy until after the holidays?

Tammy, we miss you!

sweetkam
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
hi girls! sorry i have been mia but i have been sooooooooooooo busy! i worked 40hrs. this week compared to my 25 that is a lot! well i am down 2lbs this week hopefully that will continue!

jar1965
10-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Good afternoon Ladies! Nothing new to report here! Busy still! Last week we had Boss's Day & Sweetest Day.

Tina - My employees treated me very nicely! There is a local bakery about 12 miles from my main store and they got me petifores!!!!!! Mmmmmm, so scrumpious!!!! I have a great staff in both stores, but because I spend 80% of the time in my "main" store - I'm closer to them!

Well Kaitlin has Drivers Ed until 6:45 and then dance at 7:30 - So much driving in my day. Weds. is a make up day for dance from when we had no power from hurricane Ivan! And then finally Thursday Kaitlin gets her braces off!!! After 4 years!:carrot: I won't know what to do with myself not going to the orthodontist every month! haha! Soooooo, I think Bob and I might do an overnighter Thurs. and Fri. just to get away before the holidays hit!

I hope everyone has a good day!

hugs~
jeanne

jar1965
10-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi ladies! Just a quick fly by to say hi!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
10-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Happy Saturday!!!!!
Kam, it's so good to hear from you. :D:D:D I'm afraid that we are all getting way too busy and don't post much.
I miss it when we don't post. :(:(

Susan, I feel fine now (knock on wood). Thanks for asking.
The hurricane clean-up in Houston is done. Poor Galveston and places down that way will take quite a long time to recover. It devastated those areas. I don't know if Galveston has opened their post office yet....it's that bad.
How are you feeling???

Dori, have you gotten most everything packed away?

Jeanne, I hope y'all are on your getaway now. :)

Tammy, I miss you, girl. :hug:

Maureen, how are you? What's new there?

We had a nice little trip away from home. Now I'm back and need to wash and drink water. :lol:

Tammy
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Hello. My name is Tammy, and I will try to do better about posting!!!!!! The past few days have been bad because of the fibro pain. change in weather always does that. I'd get out of bed to take more meds and to take Maurice out, and that's it. Today is the best day I've had in a while, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

Tina, sorry to hear that your mother's dementia is worse. My cousins are dealing with that with my aunt right now, and it isn't easy for anyone. Glad to hear that you are feeling better after the resperatory infection. I hate to use nasal spray! Bob always swore by it.

Susan, I think everyone gets nervous about any surgery that they have. You are normal!! (whatever normal is, right???) Glad that the massage helped with your headache. When I think of Seamus, I think of Bob helping to take care of him. Hope that's ok.

Jeanne, I love your avatars! Never know what you'll have next! I have never seen the Notebook. Might not want to actually. We have a bakery here in town. The owner goes in to the shop in the middle of the night and starts baking. He is 92 years old!!!! I haven't been in there in ages, so I guess that's a good thing. Were you able to get away with your hubby?

Sweekam, I am not looking forward to snow! The prediction for this week is possible snow on Tues. and Wed. Boo hiss!!!

chunkymonkey, hope you and your brother were able to get to a haunted house or a corn maze. I used to love to do things like that.

Maureen, new furniture could be fun!!! I'm with the others on having a talk with your son.

Dori, have you had the reunion yet? How was it?? I also need a swift kick. I'm sure you are super busy at school. I helped out in my friend's 3rd grade classroom this week. She is totally overwhelmed. And you are moving on top of all of that!

I went to a reflexologist on the 18th. She had served on the same Emmaus Team as I did in July. She was thrilled that my feet were so much more loose than they were in July. That was right after Bob died. She recommended some herbal things and vitamins to help with some things. I haven't been eating right, so I know that I'm not getting all the nutrients that I need plus I haven't been going to the bathroom on a regular basis (too much info???). I am taking 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice in my juice each morning, I am taking calcium supplements that I had stopped, and I am taking something to help with the pain. Well, no more problems with the bathroom!!! lol

By the way............................................. Tim and Lauren are engaged!!!!
He still has a year of school left, and she has 2-3, so the wedding won't be real soon. I am so glad that Tim and Bob had the chance to talk in June before he got sick again.

I am going to change my tracker to start completely over again. I bought new bath scales. The old ones had me gaining 10 pounds in just a couple of minutes, and then the next day I had lost 20 (liked that part!!). Also, when I got on the scales with Maurice, it stayed the same as my weight. Well, he is up to 7.8 pounds now, so I know it should have changed.

I will try to get on here and post at least once a week!!!!!!!!!

maureen kempster
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Tammy, so glad to see you back here-even though I don't post that much I'm here every day reading the posts and getting a bit of encouragement that way-I'm so off program it's pathetic-we had some really strong winds here yesterday-today it's sunny but a bit on the cool side-we'll probably get some snow soon-I made my reservations to go to Ottawa at Christmas-I leave on dec 18 and come back on the 30th-I'll check out the job market while I'm there-they gave me a small vehicle from work to drive-it's a little toyota scion-i like driving it but i don't want to get into the habit because i do like to walk.it is convenient though just having it-i haven't bought any furniture yet because i want to make sure what i'm going to do

well have a great day on program and will always be here

maureen

auntie
10-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi All,
What a week..... thought I was getting a kidney infection, went to the doctor. Test came back negative. They told me to take lots of advil. Felt horrible for 3 days. I think it must of been a virus because others at school felt the same.

Tammy, I'm so happy for Tim and Lauren. I had a funny feeling it was coming in the near future :) I love the idea of Bob taking care of Seamus! I know he is teaching him all kinds of things but best of all just loving on him for me and Seamus is loving on Bob for you!!!

Tina, I know Galveston is destroyed, it's horrible. Sorry about your mother. I know it is tough.

Maureen, I'm glad you are going to Ottawa for the holidays. Been roller blading lately?

Jeanne, how's the candy business?

Dori, when are you moving? I forgot.

If I didn't mention you I am sorry. It's not because I'm not thinking about you.

Oh, we were going to early vote today.... the line was so long. We decided to wait to do it another day.

Tina
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi all,
This weather is just great! I don't like it very cold but this is in between weather. :)
Tammy, it's so good to hear from you. I do hope you keep up posting now. We've missed you so much. That's quite a surprise about Tim and Lauren. I'm glad Bob got to talk to Tim.
Susan, there must be something going around. I hope you feel better this week. Drink lots and lots of water. :)
Maureen, it's good to go be with your family at Christmas. Wow, a company car---what fun. It'll be good in bad weather. You can walk everywhere on weekends. Don't worry about being off program. Remember----try to do one thing that is OP this week. That will help you mentally and physically.
Jeanne, Dori, and Kam---y'all have a great week, too.

Tina
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Happy Monday to all,
Jeanne, did y'all take your little trip? I want to hear all about it.
Hope everyone will have a good day and a great week.
I'm drinking water today.....and washing. Nothing too exciting going on around here.

Tammy
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Maureen, we've had some snow flying around, but nothing much. That's good that you'll be checking out the job market in Ottawa when you are there. You'll be there about the same time that Tim and I are headed for Georgia.

Susan, glad it wasn't a kidney infection, but sorry that you didn't feel well.

Tina, I don't like cold weather either. So why do I live in Ohio?? I have been doing much better about drinking water, and I have been doing better about actually eating and eating healthy.

Went for a reflexology session this morning. That was my 2nd one. It felt pretty good.

Tina
10-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi,
I know that I could Goggle this, but, what is reflexology???

Tammy
10-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Refexology is kind of like a foot massage, except they can "pick up" on problems that you are having with your body. Some people don't believe that they can do that, but I have been sold. Here's what I sent to a good friend earlier about my experience:

The reflexologist was great. The first time that I had it done was right after Bob died. The woman was on the same Emmaus Team with me, and she convinced me to let her "work" on me that weekend. It hurt. It was all of the stress, etc. the past 2 times I've done it, yesterday and a couple weeks ago, it didn't hurt (well maybe a little a couple times). It was so relaxing! There really must be something to the stuff because when I went a couple weeks ago, and she was working on me, she made comments about my lower back hurting, my left knee, and she told me that I was in need of cleansing my colon. When I left her, I planned to go to Burger King because many times that helps with my bathroom problem! Now how did she know that???? Anyway, I ended up going home afterwards instead of to BK. By the next morning, I was cleaned out!! (too much info I know) I have been more regular in the past couple of weeks than I have been in years! Yesterday while she was working, she mentioned my almost clean colon (lol), and she mentioned my upper back especially between my shoulder blades. She was right on because I was hurting big time. She ended up massaging my upper back after she was done with my feet.

I go back to her in a couple weeks. I have started being more faithful about taking all of my meds like I'm supposed to, and I am taking vitamins again.

have a great day everyone!!

jar1965
10-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone! I hope this finds everyone well! We had snow this a.m. Oh well, I do live in Western PA! Ya'd think at 44 I'd be use to it! Hahaha! However, it is suppose to be 60 on friday.:carrot:

Bob and I didn't go away. But we both had a couple of days off together. We took the kids shopping and out to eat a couple of times. We went to Ravenna Ohio and visited my brother and his family! It was nice. Down time!

I haven't been OP at all. Urgh! I have been pre-occupied a little bit though! My youngest passed her drivers test. (honestly, I was hoping for a fail. Isn't that terrible)~;) Well, now of course, she wants to drive to school and dance and work and ...................anywhere in between! It is very stressful! My oldest is involved (newly) with an older guy. He has a 7 year old. He and his WIFE.........ahhhhhhhh...........did I just say WIFE.........are seperated. However, my daughters new friend and son are now struggling financially. Living out of the car, hotels, and with friends. He works very hard in a security job and is trying to be a good daddy. (They just have so much debt and no good credit) If you met him you would never ever now that little tidbit I just shared with you. Well, my daughter goes to bed crying and worrying about them at night and she is absolutely fallen for the little guy! She takes him crayons and coloring books, and snacks and things. My heart is breaking and I get emotional just thinking about them. My life is so good, warm, safe and full.....that sometimes I feel quilty for not inviting them to our house. But.....anyone who has a daughter might understand why I haven't. Anyways..........my heart is broken because jessie is so sad. Did I ever tell you - she always was the child that brought home all the stray kitty's and puppies!!!!????!! She can't stand to see anyone "hurt" or "need" for anything. She is a very bright, well educated, and finacially set young lady. I pray she doesn't fall astray!
Well, I probably shared way too much! But...........it's on my mind 24/7! I am actually going to watch Dillion (that's the little boy) on Friday and take him trick or treating on our block and then let him help me hand out treats.

Take care girls!
jeanne

Tina
10-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Evening all,
Wow, Jeanne you need lots of hugs....:hug: :hug: :hug:
You have quite a lot of stress right now. We are all here for you. And, you can talk about it all you want. :hug:

Tammy, where do you get that aloe vera juice?

Dori, are you all packed up?

Susan, are you feeling better now? thanks for that web site for premmies

Kam, how are you?
Maureen, do y'all have snow yet? Brrrr.... it's been cold for us down here.

I don't if I'll be looking forward to weighing this week. I've been drinking my water, so, that's a positive.

jar1965
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks Tina! It's actually all I can think about! **sigh**

Today I was at Subway and was telling the story (because it is beside my shop and the manager & I talk all the time) and she called the owner and later in the day she came over and gave me a $100.00 gift card for Jessica's friend and son. I also told the girls I work with what was going on and one of them is so generous. She is going to buy Dillion some Christmas gifts.

I made a trick or treat bag for Dillion today and bought him a smooshy, soft, cuddly TY dog. So I will give that to him tomorrow. I'm kind of excited. My kids are too old for trick or treat - so this is kind of a treat for me too! haha!

Well I gotta run. I'm busy busy today.

hugs~
jeanne

jar1965
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
PS - hey girls - the beautiful girls in my avatar ............are mine!:D

Tina
10-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Jeanne, your daughters are dolls!

auntie
10-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi,

Jeanne, Now I wonder why those girls are so cute!!!! Maybe because of their Momma!!!! That's sweet that everyone has taken to helping your daughter's friend and little boy out. Hopefully, they will find a place and can settle down (the guy and little boy )

Tammy, can you taste the aloe vera? I'm so glad the relexologist has helped. I need to find one. I know your friend REALLY enjoyed your email!!!! :hug:

Tina, how are you doing? what's new with you?

Me...... I went to the foot doctor today. Don't go back til April and then we will schedule surgery for the first week in June. He explained everything to me. I felt much better after this visit. Still not looking forward to it but know how it's going to happen.

Well off to do some emails.....

Tina
10-31-2008, 07:36 PM
:haphal:
How is everyone today?
I'm doing fine, thank you. I'm sitting here waiting for all the ghosts and goblins to arrive. We have some new little children on our street this year. I can't wait to see what they're wearing and how they act.
I must admit that I've been into the candy.
I got miniature Tootsie Pops and little snack-size bags of candy corn. I love candy corn! :lol:

Everyone have a great evening.
Oh, for those who don't know it----Larry proposed to me on Halloween night. Now that David is grown and gone, we always go out to supper tonight. Neat, huh!

Tammy
11-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Jeanne, I'll be keeping your daughter's friend and his little boy in my prayers. I hope it all works out for the best. Your daughters are gorgeous!

Susan, you can't taste the aloe vera juice if you put it in juice. I put it in water one day! Never again! I was gagging big time. Glad to hear you are a bit more at peace about the surgery.

Tina, did you get any ghosts and goblins? We've never had anyone at this house. In fact, the only ones that came to the old house were nieces and nephews. I didn't know that Larry proposed on Halloween night, or maybe I did and I forgot. the daughter of a woman from my water aerobics class got married last night.

Tim and Lauren will be here soon. It will be good to see them. They're just staying a few hours, then they'll head back.

Have a great day!!

Tina
11-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm disappointed that the little guy across the street wasn't home last night. Maybe they went to a party. We missed the ones next door to us. They probably came while we were having Chinese food. Yum... There was a house, down the street, that had a big party going on.
We did get some ghosts and goblins. And, we got some "FEMA" ones. :lol: The two girls had long, white t-shirts on with the letters, "FEMA" on the back. The guy was probably on a tricycle with a white box over it. It was supposed to be a mobil house. They were Jr. high age. When I gave out the candy, they gave me a slip of paper that said it was good for a bag of ice, one MRE and some water. Now, that's an original idea!

Tammy, I know you'll enjoy having Tim and Lauren there.

Did everyone enjoy last night?

auntie
11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
We didn't have anyone!!! In all these years, NOT one. Pat even bought a bag of candy just incase. :)

Tina, I didn't know that Larry proposed on Halloween either! You've been holding out on us!! :D I love candy corn too. Have you tried it with popcorn? Oh my gosh, it's to die for!!!

Tammy, I hope Tim and Lauren brought you some candy!!!

Tina
11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I thought I'd told y'all about the proposal date. :)
It just happened on that night. He didn't plan on it being on Halloween. Boy, I didn't care what night it was, just so it happened. :lol:

Everyone have a great Monday.

Tammy
11-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Tina, that's funny about the fema people! Imaginations! I did have a good time with Tim and Lauren, and Susan, they didn't bring any candy!! That's ok though.

I have to stop smoking! I coughed all last night, and I've coughed all day today. I took some medicine earlier. My temp is up, so I guess I must be getting something. Hope I make it to classes this week! (By the way, I don't smoke, just threw that in there!!)

jar1965
11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Just thinking of you!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Tammy, you are a real NUT!!!! :lol: Seriously, I hope you feel better today. I know all about feeling bad. Shish, I had the mess for a whole week.

Disclaimer---this is not political---

Tomorrow is a very important day for all Americans. I hope everyone gets out and votes!

auntie
11-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Tammy, for New Year's I gave up smoking.... (I don't smoke nor have I ever) I just knew it would be something that I could keep. Pat laughs all the time about me being so good about not smoking. Hope you aren't getting sick!!!! That Tim and Lauren..... no candy!!!!!

Tina, I laughed about the FEMA too, that's too funny.

Jeanne, where you busy at work?

Tina
11-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi all,
I hope this has been a great Tuesday for everyone.
Dori, Are you all moved yet?
Maureen, how are you liking that car?
Jeanne, how was Halloween?
Susan, do you give up smoking for Lent, too. :)
Tammy, how are you feeling? Did you get really sick?
Kam, how is everything going for you???
Has anyone gotten a flu shot? Some people get sick from it. I never have.

Went to the dentist today. It's not my favorite thing.
So, I haven't eaten right and didn't drink my water. Tomorrow I will.

Tammy
11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Starting a November Chatters thread!!!