Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Overeating & Guilt....

OK, here is a question for everyone... For the most part, I have been doing really good sticking to my diet & not eating food that I know I should not. However, no one is perfect and sometimes I mess up & eat what I know I shouldn't. Here is my problem... When I eat food that I know I shouldn't, that won't help me lose weight, I feel HORRIBLE! I physically get sick... I usually end up vomiting, not because I'm making myself, I want to make that clear. It's not like I'm sticking my finger down my throat or anything, but the guilt of messing up, stresses me out, and I get sick to my stomach. How do I deal with this? Everyone keeps telling me it's ok to cheat every once & awhile, but the guilt I feel when I do is so overwhelming, it makes me sick! Does anyone else experience anything like? How do you deal with?
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I think it's pretty common to feel guilty after indulging in something they should probably avoid. What kind of food is it you usually give in to? If it's something that you could actually eat every so often in moderation and within your plan to prevent yourself from overdoing it then you wont be feeling the guilt.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

It's all different kinda of food. My problem is, I have a husband & a three year old I still have to feed every night. Sometimes I find myself eating what I cook for them for supper because I get bored on a diet. It's not usually one particular type of food, it just happens to be whatever I'm making for dinner for them. Sometimes I know it's ok to eat stuff in moderation, but I still feel guilty. :-(
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It's ok, I think everybody finds that! Cant you include your husband and child into the healthy eating scheme? It would be alot more supportive for you and probably less tempting.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I can relate because I get sick to my stomach, but I don't allow myself to vomit. I hold it down because it is a consequence I have to deal with. I used to have an all or nothing mentality and I still do, but now, I'm trying to change it. I know I will binge once every week or two and the binges are very extreme. I will consume an extra 5,000 calories! I'm very sick like that. Anyway, I pick myself back up and get back on the wagon by drinking lots of water, working out and eating on plan and with a plan for as long as I can. I also feel lots of guilt, but I read something here that resonated with me a great deal. Someone said that if you stumble on a long staircase, do you just throw yourself down the entire thing or do you pick yourself up and start climbing again? I don't think I quoted that just right, but it's the main idea of not letting one slip drive you off the cliff. Hang in there and stick to it and try not to vomit because it is a grey area and not safe. <<hugs>>
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #6  
=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I pick myself back up and get back on the wagon
Well said.
Perseverance never lets you down. If you aren't failing, you aren't trying hard enough.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote