100 lb. Club - OCTOBER NSV's

View Full Version : OCTOBER NSV's

Sandi
10-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

Dumplin
10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
This morning I put on a sweat shirt ....... so much bigger on my this year!!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

BarbPA
10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
New month...I thought I'd jump in more on this board. ;)

My personal trainer recommended me for a newspaper segment about getting fit! The journalist contacted me today. Yikes! :o

Gela
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Two people at work this morning asked me "You've lost a lot of weight lately" even though I only lost 4 lb in September. Gotta love exercise!

Altari
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
The number of "fitting" pants in my closet now exceed the number of "not fitting" pants.

I could pull up a pair of size 16s and button/zip them. THEY LOOKED TERRIBLE, but THEY FIT.

BarbPA
10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Today I put on a pair of pants that were too tight when I bought them but I still bought them because they were on sale and I used them as motivation....they FIT! I'm wearing them comfortably.
:carrot:

Tammy73
10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Today I ran for 30 minutes straight!!! When I started working out 11 weeks ago I could only run for 1 minute before I had to take a break.
I'm absolutely thrilled with this accomplishment!

Altari
10-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I went to Outback Steakhouse and *epic music* didn't eat the bread! Oh god...it looked so good..

BarbPA
10-05-2008, 12:05 AM
I went out for Mexican with a group of friends tonight and didn't order a margarita!!! Also made pretty good food choices!
:)

lizziep
10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
i went up a level on my work out - from lvl 3 to 4 - nearly killed me but I moved up!! i'll take it.

WarMaiden
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Yet another female coworker asked me if I'd been losing weight. She's happy for me. They are all happy for me! Yay!

pengbear
10-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Way to go Ladies, AWESOME job. At work on Monday, one of the ladies I worked with pulled me aside and said, You are literally shrinking before my eyes. You wore that same outfit a couple weeks ago and now it's hanging off of you! I blushed, I was so happy!
Then yesterday, I went to lunch with a friend to Longhorn and ate NONE of the bread. Not even a crumb. Even tho in my head, I was slathering it with butter and gobbling 3 loaves of it. I've never been able to do that before. I usually give in and have a tiny piece.

ghost
10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm wearing size 12 jeans today and they look fabulous! Ya, I've been shakin my bootay all day long, everytime I pass a reflective surface, I give it a little shake.

LWM
10-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Holy cow...these NSVs are amazing. Congrats, everyone!

Every day after lunch, our team's admin puts a big box of various candy on her desk for everyone to sample. I have walked on by for a week now - I figure by the end of the month I'll be able to break that after-lunch-treat habit.

Altari
10-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Not really a NSV but...kind of...

I GOT MY PERIOD.

Sorry if it's TMI. But this is like the BEST thing that could have happened today.

BarbPA
10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Great Job Everyone! I love it! :carrot:

Altari...it all counts! ;)

When I was picking up my boys at daycare today the director stopped to tell me that my weight loss is really starting to be noticeable! :goodvibes I'm also noticing my collar bones more than I have in a long time!

Star2Be
10-08-2008, 02:24 AM
^ LOL how funny, I just commented on the exact same thing on another thread! I never even knew that I had collarbones... Hehe.

My latest NSV is that I wanted to wear one of my favorite shirts to class the other day, but when I put it on I realized that it's definitely too loose on me now! I'm not exactly swimming in it, but I was shocked at how big it was on me--this is a shirt that I used to avoid wearing because it was too tight (waaay back in the day)!! :D

Star2Be
10-10-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL I feel so vain, posting two in a row, but I had another really good one today! When I was at work today, I walked into the breakroom to find that someone had left a big box of donuts for everyone to eat... OMG. What the crap is with everyone trying to make me eat donuts lately?! Lol first my parents kept buying boxes of donuts before I left for school, and now this! They looked sooo good, too--cream-filled, chocolate-covered, EVERYTHING delicious. BUT I didn't have one!! I took a few generous sniffs (LOL) but it was like, I barely even gave it a second thought... I knew I wasn't going to have one. That made me feel very powerful! Then later one of my friends bought one of my favorite kind of candy bars and kept offering me half, and I was pretty close to caving "because one little bite won't hurt" (and really, it probably wouldn't've, but I DIDN'T NEED IT)... But I didn't! Yea!

Finally, when I was at lunch today at my school dining hall, one of the cashiers actually complimented me on my weight loss! She was like, "Girl, you look so good!" and I thought she was complimenting my outfit or something so I was kinda confused LOL but then she said "Have you been working out or what? You've lost a lot of weight!" I was so flattered that even though she probably sees hundreds of students every day, she actually noticed. Though it was a little embarrassing for all the people behind me in line to hear, hehe. :o

Ahhh, nothing brightens my day like a good NSV! This has got to be one of my favorite 3FC threads!

Lyn2007
10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
I had to dig and search to find this thread! What gives?

Let's hear some more NSV's!

Mine is: I rode my bike 3x this week (so far) and strength trained yesterday! I am finally getting my groove on again.

BarbPA
10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I just got a new haircut and color. I feel like a new person. The last time I saw my hairdresser I had 45 extra pounds on me. She was so excited to see less of me. :carrot: Also, pants that were my favorites are now tooooo big! :carrot:

foxxy511
10-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I tried on a size 14 pants the other week...and they actually fit!! I haven't worn a 14 since high school...like sophomore year of high school. YAY!

Redheaded I am
10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Today I'm wearing a really cool pair of denim capris for the first time in almost two years!!! I kept them around because I loved them so much and was thinking that "someday" I could fit into them again. Well, "someday" is TODAY!!!

BarbPA
10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Great job everyone!!

I just had an awesome moment in my closet. :D I started going through old pants....you know the ones that haven't been worn in years and have the layer of dust on the hanger. Well, I had to put several pair in the "to donate" pile, found several that now fit that haven't fit in years, and found a few more that are my next goal!!!! My biggest moment was slipping on my "cruise pants". These are a cute pair of red capris that I bought years about before when we went on a cruise. They were too tight when I bought them, but they were my goal for the ship. I wore them on that vacation! After that vacation my life got a little out of control and those pants no longer fit....UNTIL TODAY!!!! I slipped them on comfortably!!! Now I'm ready for another cruise. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Star2Be
10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Ahh, I'm glad to see someone else finally posted on this thread LOL. I kept wanting to, but didn't want to hijack this thread to be used exclusively for my personal celebrations! :^:

Congrats to everyone on your NSVs!! foxxy511, I'm hoping to be a size 14 very soon (if I'm not already--I haven't tried on anything new in a while). Hopefully I'll be celebrating with you soon! ;)

As most of my NSVs seem to be, I had an amazing resistance-to-temptation NSV yesterday! I think I'm just more proud of these NSVs than any other kind because I love knowing that I have awesome willpower, hehe. Anyways, I had to go to an officer's meeting for one of the clubs I'm in at school. It was a pretty low-key affair at one of my friend's apartments, and she decided to make a little "tea party" out of it... Now tea is okay, but she had made Funfetti cupcakes (complete with a big tub of chocolate frosting for us to ice them ourselves!) and had gone to a bakery and gotten these HUGE (like 5" in diameter), delicious-looking cookies... Man, I just wanted to dig into that stuff sooo badly! Lol. It's been a really long time since I've had anything dessert-y! And everyone else at the meeting was indulging, so I'm not gonna lie, I came pretty close to having a little bit. But I was like, no, I'm gonna regret this, so I didn't do it and I ate my pre-approved snack (fruit leather, hehe) instead! Yea! :D

foxxy511
10-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Meredith, I'm having the same resistance-to-temptation NSV's as you!

Tonight, I went out with my friend and her boyfriend for some drinks/appetizers. I just had one amaretto sour and then drank water the rest of the night. AND I didn't TOUCH the plate of appetizers that was filled with yummy things like mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, and potato skins. I knew I would regret having it, so I didn't have it!

And Meredith, you'll be in 14's in no time, if you're not already!!

H8cake
10-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Congrat's everyone on the great NSV's! It's really encouraging to read these!
I had a customer come into my shop today who hasn't been in for quite some time and she looked at me kind of funny and asked "have you done something different? You look different" and I said "yes, I've lost quite a bit of weight". She said "I thought so, but then I thought maybe I was in the wrong shop or something because you look so different." I think she was afraid to ask if I'd lost weight, but she was really nice about it. She said her husband has diabetes in his family too, and that motivated him to go to weight watchers and lose a lot of weight. She was really sweet about it and it made me feel great!

lizziep
10-19-2008, 03:14 AM
the other day i wore a skirt and some make up because i had an interview - I got 3 compliments on my outfit and one on my make up! wow. and someone asked if i had lipstick on and said i had nice lips so they couldn't ever really tell if i was wearing make up or not.

stupid work brought in 3 sheet cakes from Costco AND cookies - i had a small piece of cake and only took a couple bites & tossed the rest out. this is not something that would usually happen and i left the cookies where they were!

valpal23
10-19-2008, 03:28 AM
I fit size L in most stores. its craziness! yay me :)

Lyn2007
10-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Yesterday was "big PMS day" but I did not have ANY salty stuff or sugary stuff or white carby stuff. I allowed myself a bowl of kashi flax almond honey cereal with almond milk, some whole grain and flax cranberry walnut bread I made (lowfat, reduced sugar) and a package of kashi pumpkin spice flax granola bars. I think this fed the PMS monster very well while not giving me cravings or setting me off.

Huma
10-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Hello everyone.

I am currently 160 lbs, any ideas how do I shed atleast 30 pounds. Please. My target by December this year is 130 pounds. Advise

Star2Be
10-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey Huma! Welcome to 3FC! Your post might get more attention if you make a brand new thread in the forum. But you'll find that there is plenty of advice floating around here, so if you really want to lose those 30 lbs, you can do it! :D

My NSV today is that I finally broke down and took in some of my old size-18 jeans last night... The size-16s that I bought a few weeks ago are already feeling loose (I knew I should have waited before buying more pants! But I thought they would last longer!), and I want pants that actually hug my body and show it off! LOL. But it felt like such a huge commitment... Plus, it was so weird to think These are pants that fit me totally well, even a little snugly this time last year, and I am now cutting 4 inches of fabric off of them... And another clothing-related NSV was that I tried on one of my shirts that I LOVE but has always been a bit tight on me, especially in the arms (like almost cutting-off-my-circulation in the arms, heh) and it was really loose on me! I haven't tried on that shirt in a while, so I was totally shocked. I was hoping that it'd fit better/more comfortably, but was not at ALL expecting it to be loose--even in the arms! That was a pretty cool feeling. :cool:

gumboot
11-01-2008, 03:22 AM
I set a goal at the beginning of the month that I would drink my minimum 64 ounces of water a day and exercise at lease three times a week. It is now the 31st of the month and I can report that I drank my water every single day this month and exercised 26 of the 31 days. I am very proud of myself!