Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  

Default Restarting (Again)

Ughh I'm so far off the wagon, I can't even see the dust clouds anymore.
(Too much of a stretch for a metaphor? Maybe? Sorry. Okay. Anyway...)

I've gained again. I can feel it in my clothes. (Ticker is not accurate) Bluhh. I don't know what it is, but once I get super busy, I stop working out. And when I stop working out, it's only a few weeks before I stop eating right. It's a horrible chain of events and I can't figure out how to stop it.

Today, my first class was canceled, so I stayed at home (I have two classes TR, one at 9:30 in the morning and then another at 4:00 pm) for the morning and exercised. Which was a lucky break for today, but I need to figure out how to get exercise in when my schedule is going normal. Ideas, anyone?

Also, I need to stop buying food on campus. They have very few healthy choices, and eating the fruit cups every day for lunch gets monotonous. I need to start bringing food from home.

Things in my life that have caused all of this:
Well, one thing I've already touched on: school. I'm a full-time student taking courses that require a LOT of work. I'm staying on top of my schoolwork, but that leaves little time for exercise, unless I want to cut into my sleeping time.

I broke up with my boyfriend of two and a half years. In short: I was tired of putting up with his crap. We're still friends, but he still ticks me off from time to time. It's weird having to remind him (and myself) that I'm not his girlfriend anymore and that he needs to grow up. He relies on me for everything, and I can't handle that. (That wasn't the only thing dealing with the breakup, but it was the only thing that I thought pertained to this post)

I saw pictures of myself from this past weekend (my dad's 50th), and I was just revolted. How can I stay on the wagon? I always get back on, but it's keeping my balance that's the problem. And I'm not talking minor slip-ups, I mean completely gone, that wagon is bye-bye. I've tried keeping journals of what I eat and when I exercise, but that fell to the wayside also. Does anyone have any advice for getting back in there? I hate the body that I'm in and I really really WANT to get out of it.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/244/150

Height: 5'9"

You just have to really really want it. When I quit smoking, I really wanted to so I succeeded and it has been 9 whole months since I touched a nasty ciggarette. And my weight went way up. And now I really really want to lose weight. and I find that if I really want something, I will work really hard to get it. So, that is my answer to stay on the wagon. Make a list of all the reasons you really want to lose the weight, then make a list of excuses as to why your not able to. Then decide which is more important. I am going to school, I am married, I have a 6 year old son in first grade, and I am making it happen. Luckily I don't have to work. But sometimes it feels like work because I am making separate meals most nights now. Just have to stick with it. Go and read some other threads, about falling off the wagon, and there is a couple of people that put it really good about choices and how you decide your life will go. Good luck.
ducky0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hey you!

I was wondering where you went awhile ago. So happy to see you again!

Gah! I'm sorry about the boy troubles & the busy-ness.

*turns to her advice-like mode*

Forget the wagon, forget the diets, forget the temporary feelings.

This is now your new normal. (This being mostly healthy eating & regular exercise.) So now. What does that mean you do when you get super busy? It means you make time for exercise just as you would your classes. What does that mean when you have lousy unfun man troubles? You eat & enjoy your healthy meals and come onto 3FC to complain to me about how awful men are.

You can do this, chica! How do you start again? Same way you began last time. One step after the other. What habit can you see yourself tackling right this very moment? Have you gotten in some water today? You can do that right now! Have time for a quick walk? You can do that... right now! Something little, some small habit that you know you can change for good. Hold onto it. Change the crap outta that habit, forever! You can change it, ...right... now...

Finally, stop going away from 3FC too long We care! And we know you can succeed. No matter how busy, no matter how "bad" you think you've been... we've been there, and we've done that. You can get through it just as we have.

So, my friend. What are you going to do right now?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #4  

Thanks for the advice.

Today I drank only water, I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike AND I walked home from my friend's house just now. (I took a ride there)

YAY. I FEEL AWESOME.

I'm considering going to my friend's house more often, just to have an excuse to walk.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #5  
capegirl

S/C/G: 200/212/150

Height: 5'8

Hi, I'm in the same spot. I am still hoping that I'll discover an easier, faster way to lose weight and be able to eat whatever I want. Has anyone found a diet like that? How about a magic pill? I get terrible cravings and I give in. Once that starts, you better watch out, nothing in the world can stop me! It's such a weird thing, intellectually I know what to do and how to do it, but I can't make it stick. The "dark side" takes over! It's so frustrating. I use to be thin. When I was a teen, my weight was 125. Now I have lost and gained so many times, I have a closet full of clothes that are small, medium, large, extra large and at the moment I've crossed over to the X's. What do people do the first few weeks? How do people get into the groove of taking care of themselves. Pretty weired that I need help with that. You don't mind me whinning do you?
Lisa
leure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #6  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm totally with you! I was at a low of 186 and I just weighed myself and am at 193. *sigh*

I came so far and then went SO MANY STEPS BACK.

My goal for the end of the year is 30 pounds lost. I'm thinking that's not going to happen now, so I am hoping for 15 pounds lost (I think I can handle that!!).

I realize that everything builds up and overwhelms me. I have to do everything in baby steps. So, tomorrow I am going to do 30 minutes on the treadmill and drink at least 3 bottles of water. That's two t hings I need to do and I think I can handle that.

Maybe if you just write down what your goals are and then make one or two goals a day to motivate you? You can add a new goal when you're ready. Anyway, that's what I'm doing.

Good luck!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'7

Hey! I'm new here and it looks like I have found thr right forum. I start.. and stop. It's a vicscious cycle. I have pants I ccan't wear and am sitting at my desk staring at my puffed out stomach. Does drinking alot of water really help?
bluesky69477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #8  

Baby steps really do help! I love forming new [good] habits. And drinking water helps a loooooot. It helps to keep your body from retaining fluid. And if that seems a little counter-intuitive, you can at least tell yourself that you're gettin in a little more walkin when you keep going to the bathroom.

Today I'm going to find a blank journal, and on the first page draw a silhouette of a female figure. I'm going to number the places where I'm going to take measurements (bust, waist, hips, you know--normal places) and then I'm going to use that journal to keep a record of my measurements.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:44 AM   #10  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

lol. I have a weird tip. When I feel I've been neglecting my diet or not following it right I start from scratch. Literally. I imagine I've never never ever in my life been on a diet and that this is my first one. I forget all the other 'diet failures' and just start from scratch. This 'exercise' or whatever you wish to call it has saved me from the toughest spots.

hope it helps someone else!!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #11  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like you are picking yourself up. When I am exercising I say this mantra "I want to look like the athlete I am" because I can haul butt in a swimming pool but I am still a big girl. Once I made that commitment to myself, the eating part was easier. The other mantra I have (non exercising) is "I want to LOOK as good as I FEEL on the inside". The only thing holding me back from feeling 100% great is the body I am currently in. And with every few pounds I lose, I begin to reclaim that good feeling.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote