Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 03:37 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Wink Thursday Chatters

Here we go!!!!!
Our old thread was getting very long.

Anyone new is more than welcome to come in and join our chatter!

The weather is great in TX. I am planning a short vacation that's coming up very soon. I haven't lost as much weight as I'd hoped for. However, I'm not going to get disgusted with myself. I have lost inches and that's great!

Let's talk!!!

Tina
Old 04-13-2002, 06:56 PM   #2  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Tina, to answer your question .... I hate tests!! I don't think they take into account those who DON'T TEST WELL. Me for one Inches are good, that is a major mile stone.

It rained here today. Now the sun is out and it's muggy.

I went to an all day work shop. It was good, but my eyes are tired and so is my brain.

I was up yesterday. Hopefully it will make it down by Monday. I want to make it to 30pounds before school is out. Which means I need to lose 8-9 pounds before the end of May. I need to get VERY VERY serious about it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Susan
Old 04-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Okay everyone---let's help Susan "get serious."
Susan, You Can Do This!!!!! 8 or 9 pounds by the end of May will come off.

I am sooooo tired today. I'm gonna have to get some rest in before my trip. Last year, I had a sore throat when we left.
Why do we push ourselves so hard before a trip? It's just crazy.

Does anyone watch Survivor? Now that's one way to lose weight.

Tina
Old 04-16-2002, 09:23 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Where is everyone? Please write something!

Tina, when is your trip? I'm so jealous. You deserve this trip!!! Go relax! I always get so stressed out before I go.

I'm in the mode to get my 8 pounds off. I'm going to do it, at least get close to it.

Have a great evening,
Susan
Old 04-16-2002, 11:51 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

It's very quet around here!

Here's a Warning!
Do not use Band-Aid callus relief pads with Compeed unless you don't plan on taking them off. I thought it was a normal pad that I put on this morning. Well, tonight when I was trying to peel it off, my skin was coming off with it!

There's no warning on the box & no instructions on removal. There's a ph. # but it's only for business hours. I finally found a web site that gave instructions.
I got it off but have a cut/torn place on the bottom of my foot. I think I'll write Johnson & Johnson about this product.
So there!!!! The consumer report for the day.

Everyone have a great weigh-in this week.

Tina
Old 04-17-2002, 05:24 PM   #6  
Susan

Tina,

Thanks for the tip! I don't think I've used them before but now I know what to expect. I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you took them off. Gotta get those feet ready for vacation!

Susan
Old 04-24-2002, 05:25 PM   #7  

YIKES!!!

I was feeling bad about not being able to get into this place. Maybe all of you have been having the same problems. Tonight I was able to get in after the 3rd try. Technology is wonderful!!!

Food has been OK up until lunch today. It was the interpreter's birthday, so we always "do" a yummy carry in lunch.

I seem to be drinking more water, but it might be my imagination. Seems like I'm in the bathroom a lot though. Aren't you all glad to know that?

Exercise is just OK. Still not super motivated. I should be out walking every day, but I'm not. Lazy.

Talk to you later!!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:10 PM   #8  
Susan

Howdy,

Tammy, I'm right there with you! Life has been very busy here!

Well, I having knee surgery again. It will be May 14. I'm also having a custom made brace made to help support my knee. I'll have a bionic leg. This is all a last effort to see if I can avoid having partial knee replacement.

Hope Tina is having a blast! Having fun sitting on the beach and veggie!! And hopefully have a drink with a little umbrella.

Have a great day!
Old 04-25-2002, 06:14 PM   #9  

Susan, boo on the knee surgery! Our PE teacher has had surgery on both of her knees. Not a fun time.

Do you think Tina will have a drink with a little umbrella for us? I'm sure she's having a wonderful time, and I'm SURE she wishes we were there. Right?????

Actually, I wish we were there!!!

My son was so excited tonight because he didn't have anything going on after track practice. He couldn't wait to get home to mow. Hope he stays this enthusiastic about mowing!!!!

Need to go grade some papers so I can get to bed earlier. The snooze alarm and I are becoming best friends in the morning!!
Old 04-25-2002, 06:25 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

I'm Baaack! And, I brought enough rum cake for everyone. Yummy!!!!

I missed y'all----well, maybe not.
Had a great trip.
Boy, what happened here???? The thread was very quiet.

Susan, I'm sorry about your knee surgery. What are they going to do?

Tammy, I don't know why you aren't able to get online here.

I'll tell you about the trip after I chill out and SLEEP.

Tina
Old 04-26-2002, 03:43 PM   #11  

Welcome Back!!!

I don't want rum cake!!! I want a fancy drink with a pretty little umbrella! LOL

Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'm jealous.

Today I was able to get in here the first time. Usually I try in the evenings, but thought I'd try today when I got home from school. Earlier than usual, I'm never home until 5, and it's about 3;40 now. Tim has a track meet in 45 minutes, so I had to come home and take care of the dog before I head for that.

Have a good weekend!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:34 PM   #12  
Susan

Howdy,

It has been extremely quiet here. I can tell you that for us teachers, life is hectic at this time of year. (At least for me, but that's no excuse)

I'm having arthroscopic knee surgery for the 3rd time. I'm getting a lovely super duper knee brace, hoping to help relocate some of the pressure on my knee. All to avoid..... partial knee replacement, which will be the next surgery. I was actually hoping he would go ahead and do it now. I left the office, hurried to the car and cried. I just want a normal knee again!!!

Tina, welcome back!!! Rum cake is GOOD! Now what about those drinks? Do tell?

Tammy, glad you got home early yesterday!!! Isn't it nice to be home a little early!!

Talk to you soon,
Susan
Old 04-26-2002, 10:18 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Thanks for the welcome home.

It was a super trip. I love the Caymanians. They are a very polite people.....very genuine---something we don't always see very often here, right?
The best part of the trip happened on Tuesday. We took a boat (catamaran) out to a spot where there are stingrays !!!
They will come up all around you wanting something to eat. They feel just like velvet...just don't step on their tails or you'll be sorry. Then, we went to a coral reef to snorkel.
Now, I was truly terrified of this because I am not a good swimmer. The captain had life jackets that we put around our waists. That was great because I didn't have to worry about drowning in 10+ feet of water. We saw the most beautiful coral and fishes down there.

The food was great! They use lots of bell peppers and hot peppers. The rum cakes are "to die for."

About those drinks----- I hate to disappoint you, but, I don't drink. Sooooo----I only embibed in the rum cakes.

We got lots of exercise,
Would you believe, this morning my scales showed that I'd lost 1 1/2 pounds.

Security at the airports was okay. When I went through the metal detector in Grand Cayman, it went off. The guard told me to take off my sandals. That was it! Isn't that funny.

I'm glad to be home. Hope y'all enjoyed this small essay of my trip.

How is everyone doing OP???????

Tina
Old 04-27-2002, 09:38 PM   #14  

Tina, a fancy drink with a beautiful little umbrella without alcohol would be just fine!! lol

Stingrays are so neat!!! When we were in Florida a few years ago, we were at a beach off the Gulf. There were so many of them there!

Snorkeling? I would have to get up lots of courage to try it. You are my hero for trying it!

Susan, I agree about being busy at school. We have so many meetings anyway, and now we will be having more making plans for the different students for next year.

OP? Welllllllllllll, some days seem to be better than others. My hubby doesn't get home from work until 8:30. We've been waiting to eat supper with him. That is not turning out to be a good idea. I'm having trouble falling asleep, and then I dream so much. I think it's from eating so late. I may just have to eat earlier, and maybe have some fruit when he has his supper when he gets home.

It has been raining since midafternoon. Not sure how long it's supposed to last, but I'm tired of it.

Bye!
Old 04-28-2002, 09:09 AM   #15  
Susan

Hi,

All I have to say, Tina that's my kind of vacation!!! Have a great time and come home less than I started! I'm right there with you guys.... my drink would have been a diet dr. pepper with an umbrella. ( I'm an occassional drinker and the word occassional should be seldom to blue moon. I'm the one when friends go out, that is drinking ice tea.

Sounds wonderful!!!! and Beautiful!!! I'll put that one my list of vacation spots and once I have a good knee again we'll go. I want to be able to enjoy it and do everything.

As for my knee, I'm thankful that I have 2 legs and I can walk, I'm in good health, etc.... I've just come to a little bump in the road. I'll get over it and hopefully.... this time it will all work without a major surgery. I have a much better attitude than the other day. I was feeling sorry for myself! I had to stop and think HOW LUCKY I AM!

Tammy, I'm ready for summer. How about you? We get out the last day of May ( I think) I plan to be back the last week, just for the kids and to wrap things up. I hope I'm able to go back then. I have a friend who says she'll come pick me up and bring me home so I don't have to drive.

I'm feeling really bloated today. I had chicken and dumplings last night ( homemade) They were good but my body is holding the extra water.

Sorry for the novel this morning. Glad we are back to writing again. I've missed you guys.

Susan
Closed Thread