20-Somethings - I would love to lose 10lbs in October. Can I do it?

Fat Melanie
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
That may seem like a bit of an extreme goal.

But I was checking out the calendar for October and it almost has 5 weeks.

Attainable?

sh3l5
09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
2lb a week certainly is....

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 02:35 PM
VERY VERY VERY attainable! On Weight Watchers they estimate for a person to loose 2 pounds per week ( and that is very healthy.) I made a goal yesterday to 155 (down 10 pounds) by the end of October too. LETS DO IT!

PhotoChick
09-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I think at your weight it would be attainable, but I think you'll need to be very strict with yourself about staying OP.

I am hoping to lose 8 this month ... (not counting the nearly 7 lbs of water weight I put on this weekend from eating waaaaaayyyyy too much salt and not drinking enough water). My October goals include eating 100% on plan during the week, only allowing myself one non-counting meal on the weekends, and sticking with my gym schedule faithfully.

Maybe we can help encourage each other this month! :)

Fat Melanie
09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys. I definitely needed confirmation.

Count me in, PhotoChick... I could use all the encouragement I can get and I have an abundance of encouragement for everyone else who needs it! :) Good luck losing the 8lbs. I'm positive you can do it. Look how much you've done already. That goes for all of you, whatever your goals may be. It is attainable. :D

SwimGirl
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Of course you can!! It'll be hard work, but 10 pounds in a month is SO worth it!! It's my goal to lose 6 pounds in the next by Oct 16th, a little over 2 weeks.. and I totally think I can do it. Good luck! :)

-Aimee

michellenew
09-29-2008, 03:23 PM
count me in!
i think 10lbs/monts is doable!;)
LET'S DO IT!

Fat Melanie
09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Alright girls, we're sooo going to do this. There's no way that we can't. We all seem very motivated. You will lose 6lbs SwimGirl, I will lose 10, PhotoChick will lose 8, Michellenew will lose 10 or whatever it is she wishes to lose..

I read a book on positive affirmations and how much they can change your thinking and therefore your outcome, so I'm trying to tell myself everyday that I will be 178 by the end of October.

michellenew
09-29-2008, 03:32 PM
thanks melanie :hug:

PhotoChick
09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm in. I just posted my commitment to my blog ... so it's all out there for everyone to see. :)

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm IN TOO!!! 10 pounds by Halloween!!!!!!!

princess2323
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
i think its totally doable---

I'm in --- 10lbs by halloween!!!!that will put me at prepregancy weight and then i can work on the rest :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Fat Melanie
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm glad to see everyone's with me! The day after Halloween is my birthday, so how cool would that be to have lost 10lbs? That's all I want for my birthday, to just lose 10lbs.

I'm excited.

That's a good idea about posting this in the blogs. If you guys also have blogs, it's a good suggestion to post your commitment to the 10lb October challenge. This way you're holding yourself accountable to not only yourself but everyone else, and it's more motivational. I found when I posted in my blog I did better. Whenever I slack off with my blogging, I also tend to slack off with being OP because the blog is a reminder that I'm blogging for a reason! So, excellent idea. I plan to do the same.

One thing I really need encouragment on is to get up and exercise. I'm trying to find a simple and easy 'toning' routine to do along with cardio. I just have to actually get up off my booty and do it. I would love to be able to do an hour or so a day.

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Have you ever seen Barry's Bootcamp? GREAT toning DVD!!!! I LOVE IT. Uses the bands. You get 3 DVDs (that have multiple work out's on them) the bands with handles and a nice exercise type ball for about 65 bucks. Google it if interested! I LOVE It! And they are short work outs that REALLY work.

I just started a blog today, but having trouble getting around it. I will work on it!

...BUT I will loose 10 pounds this month!

Fat Melanie
09-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Kudos on your positivity! And I believe you will most definitely lose 10lbs.

The workout DVD definitely sounds interesting. I'm going to check amazon.com to see if they sell any used, and also check Walmart the next time I'm in. I think I NEED some bootcamp to whip me into shape and get me disciplined. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

SwimGirl
09-30-2008, 03:16 AM
Melanie - I just started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred!! I love it! It's 20 minutes and you do cardio, weights and abs! I got it for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart, such a great investment - also says you can lose up to 20 pounds in a month. Its REALLY hard, but for me its SO worth it! I just don't have time to workout, but I can always fit in 20 minutes! I love how positive you are!!

I can't wait to hear how we all do!!

-Aimee

sh3l5
09-30-2008, 03:22 AM
i lost 8.9lbs in September....
u can definately do 10lbs in October....
just keep pushing away at it....

reddahlia
09-30-2008, 04:56 AM
I'm in! I will lose 10 pounds by the end of October. By the end of October, I will weigh 192 and see the 100's again for the first time in more than 4 years! I'm completely with you on the positive affirmations Melanie, I think that your state of mind is so important! :)

CatRocks
09-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Count me in people!! I'm going to aim for 5 pounds by halloween. It's not an awful lot but I'm losing weight so slowly... But i'm aiming for my goal of 120 by Christmas, so it's only 13 pounds to go!!
Cat
x

sxulcmnky
09-30-2008, 11:24 AM
count me in too... i say i'll lose ~10lbs. I just want to get back on the losing end of this journey rather than the gaining end

Fat Melanie
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
SwimGirl, I keep hearing rave reviews about the 30 day shred. And it's only 10 bucks at Walmart?? Awesome. Now that's an expense I can definitely shell out $10 bucks for. $10 bucks for 10 lbs!

Sh315, congrats on the 8.9 lbs in September! You did an awesome job.

Reddahlia, thank you! You are going to lose 10lbs by the end of October. :D I also read group positive energy is even more effective.

Catrocks, you can do it. You'll lose the 13lbs by Christmas, I have no doubt of that.

Sxulcmnky, don't worry, you'll definitely get back on the losing end (really, the winning end!) of your journey. :)

Everyone like my signature? I did like Photochick did, posted my commitment in my blog. Then I added it to my signature for reinforcement.

I believe this can be done.

And I'm definitely going to get a workout DVD. I'm very interested in the Barry Bootcamp but it's too expensive for my budget right now, but it's on my wishlist. I'm going to try to get the Jillian Michael shred. Do you have to use a lot of equipment, like weights and stuff?

ducky0224
09-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I think it will work for you!! Just make sure you burn more than you eat, and don't eat more than you can burn. If you have a bad day, make up for it during the week, exercise harder and longer, and eat better than norm. Good luck!! I think I will join that goal as well. Ten pounds in a month? We should all try that!

sh3l5
09-30-2008, 01:03 PM
i think im going to slow down in October....
im not feeling awfully great health wise atm!....

ChileanChick
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone!!!
I´m new here, and I´d love to join your "10 lbs club" for October... since I just started I think 10 pds in a month is pretty doable... as I weigh in kgs that will be 5 kilos for me!!!
Hope I can join...

i am still trying
09-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I have 10 pounds left to gobut I too am loosing super slowly so I 'm going to make it 5 pounds in October.
We can do this!!!!!!

ChileanChick
09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
So tomorrow we should post our starting weight?
I really want to join you, I´m so happy I found this supper supportive site!!!!

miss michelle
09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
hi everyone :)
i haven't been on 3FC in a while, but i have been trying to eat a lot better (and lose some weight) the past two weeks, with a goal to lose ten pounds in october. i thought that this would be a good way to set some goals and make some friends here =) good luck everyone!!

garstar
09-30-2008, 04:46 PM
5 lbs, I'm down. I need to cut my calories down though and up my exercise. I only lost 1 or 2 lbs last month, and I pretty much stayed on plan.... so.... time to change!

Spoz
09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm going to go for it too, though I might aim for 7 lbs instead, I only lost 1lb in September but have upped my workout sessions.

iriswhispers
09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
yey, 10-lb club!! I'm in!

Fat Melanie
09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Great so everybody's in then? Awesome. Even if you're not shooting for 10lbs that's still fine and I still believe you will all make your goals.

ChileanChick, the second you posted in here you've joined! :D Don't worry, it's not some exclusive club thing. Anyone can do it! I'm glad you're with all of us on this.

Sh315 hope you feel better. Listen to what your body tells you to do until you get better. Take it easy and don't stress about it. Everything will work out fine. :D

Blcarter84
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Ok so I totally want to lose 11 pounds..i Know this is for 10 but I want 11 because that will make me at 199!!! Which of course is finally out of the 200's. I am defnitely going to have to work out EVERYDAY. GO US! YAY

DRose
09-30-2008, 10:57 PM
I am definitely going for this! 10 lbs by Halloween!

SwimGirl
10-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Melanie - I am really enjoying the workout, I like the price too!

So what kind of diets are you all following? I am making up my own, I've stopped having sugar and wheat.. those are my trigger foods. They cause me to over eat, and to drink LOTS of sugary drinks! Soo bad! I am also following the 30 Day Shred for exercise.

-Aimee

iriswhispers
10-01-2008, 01:08 AM
no specific diet for me- i'm trying to keep approximate track of calories and eat generally healthy. the big thing for me is watching portion sizes and avoiding sweets!

hborden
10-01-2008, 02:05 AM
I would love to lose 10 lbs in October! That would put me under 200 lbs. Let's do it!!!

sh3l5
10-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Im feeling so much better today!....
I think im still going to take it easy tho, im not swimming tonight....
hello October!....
heres to our scales budging....

ChileanChick
10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
OCTOBER IS HERE!!!
That means that we start our "XX (put ur own info here) Pds Challenge" (should I call it that way?)

Anyway, I´m shooting for 10,3 pds.. it´s my first month so I´ve got a lot of water weight and they say he first month is the easiest.. and that way I´m gonna be 69 kilos exactly...

So, my starting weight is 73,7 kilos- 162,1 pds

(Sorry if this is too formal, but I needed to do it this way.. it´s easier for me when I share..)

JamieJo
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey ladies! Day one! I can't wait for Sunday so I can see how I did this week! 10 pounds less - here I come!

sxulcmnky
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
ok today starts the challenge :D

SW - 191 this morning via scale
GW - 177

as for diet... i'm counting calories while i wait for my WW at home to get in... which should be delivered in 2 days according to the UPS tracker.

exercise isn't much now... other than walking around. i think i'm going to break out my WATP DVD today and see if i can do the 1 mile without my knee hurting too bad... as soon as it starts to hurt though, i'm stopping so as to not injure it more (healing again from surgery on 29 aug/reinjury 29 sept)

miss michelle
10-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey girlies,
I'll post too =)
Weigh in this morning - 150 lbs (high for me b/c I had a late dinner I think)
Goal - 140 lbs!!!

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Chilean Chick- the pounds abbreviation is lbs. I know, doesn' make any sense right. US crazy americans! lol

butterflyangels
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I also have the goal of losing 10 pounds in October! Ultimately, I want to lose at least 15 before December 1st, but am realistically factoring Thanksgiving into it all, and then can be pleasantly surprised.

ChileanChick
10-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Chilean Chick- the pounds abbreviation is lbs. I know, doesn' make any sense right. US crazy americans! lol

Really? Lol, so when I see "lbs" I should read "pounds"? Thatīs so so strange.. as my nick says Iīm chilean so my english kind of sucks and I donīt get that stuff so.. sorry for my ignorance and tks for teaching me! Corrections are really appreciated!!

So day 1 is almost over!!!
Iīm really happy, I exercised and stayed OP... Yay!:carrot:
How did you all do?

iriswhispers
10-01-2008, 09:47 PM
hello october 1!

starting at 139.5 lbs
goal 129.5 lbs (lose 10!)

today... so far, so good. still have to workout and eat dinner, so we'll see how that goes.

Fat Melanie
10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm doing the South Beach diet.

Starting weight- 187lbs
Goal weight- 177lbs

I didn't exercise on October 1st and I should have. Argh. Not a good way to start off a new month! But, I did lose a lb right before October 1st, making 8lbs for September (and I had got a late start staying on plan in September) so I know I can lose 10 in October! I plan on doing some circuit style exercise later, after my soap. :D

Fat Melanie
10-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Just realized... if I get to 177 by the end of October, I'll only be a few lbs away from a healthy weight for my height and frame.

YAY!!!!

Also when are you guys weighing in? I weigh daily but the only weight I count is Monday weigh ins. I'm going to report my Monday weigh-ins here so next Monday, we'll see if I've lost 2lbs or not. Hope so!

ChileanChick
10-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I weigh daily too cause I love to put the weight in Fitday and get the charts LOL!!!
But I´ll post the wednesday weigh ins so it will be exactly a week...

Melanie, I love soaps too, which one do you watch?

Fat Melanie
10-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I watch Days of Our Lives daily. I'm going to start walking in place during Days 'cause it's an hour. What do you watch?

ChileanChick
10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Mmm I watch a chilean one.. Hijos Del Monte! 5 brothers.. mmm they are so so hot!!!!!
Soaps are really part of our culture lol, but seriously, for example when there´s a really popular one the final episode is shown in the Plaza de Armas (like the most important square in Santiago) jaja so that everybody can watch it!

Mmm Gossip Girl, OTH, Prison Break, etc are not considered soaps right?

Dazzling
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I m in, and this time I will do it right and won't give up :)
Starting weight 187, by November 1st, I will be 177.
Any plans on how you will be losing the weight? I'll be doing the fire up metabolism diet, it worked for me before, I will also exercise 2 hours a day.
Keep me updated :)

ChileanChick
10-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Welcome Dazzling!! I read ur post on the Metabolism Diet, personally, I can´t do those diets where they tell you exactly what to eat, I get kind of bored and end up eating everything!
I´m calorie counting, but there´s people following SBD and other plans..

Well, 2nd day almost over, I did pretty well, ate OP and exercised (already updated my info in the exercise challenge forum LOL), but today I´m really tired, it´s spring here so I´m expecting sun and heat, but no, we had a "grey day" those really depressing ones, no sun, very cold buaghh and yesterday it took hours to fall asleep! Hope you´re all doing great!!!

ChileanChick
10-02-2008, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Fat Melanie;2390975]Just realized... if I get to 177 by the end of October, I'll only be a few lbs away from a healthy weight for my height and frame.

QUOTE]

Wow congratulations! Isnīt it great when you go from one "range" to another? Iīm just a few pds away too, Iīll be so happy when it no longer says "overweight"!!!!

SwimGirl
10-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Melanie - I am following my own plan, it's very similar to South Beach though! So you can feel my pain when I say no sugar!

Tomorrow is my WI day, I usually weigh in on either Friday's or Saturday's, depending on work. I always weigh on a day off of work, not too sure why, but I seem to get lower numbers! lol. TOM started yesterday, so I don't know if I'll see any loss. I should - I've been SO SO good with my diet, and even better with exercise. I will also be taking measurements tomorrow. I have a lot more to lose than you guys, its a total bummer! I am tired of being this weight, which is why I'm working so hard! Thats my little vent!

-Aimee

reddahlia
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm calorie counting, tracking with DietPower. I'm going to try to eat more protein and unprocessed foods this month. I have ordered the thirty day shred, and when I receive it I'll start on that. Until then, it's walking, yoga and a buff brides dvd. :) Just lost two pounds, so my starting weight is 200.6, goal will be 191. I will be soooo excited to be below 200!!!!:) Good luck girls!!

PhotoChick
10-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Week 1 is almost over and I'm just posting an update.

I started at 163.4 on Monday.
As of this morning I'm at 161.4.

That's 2lb this week and on target for 8lb this month.

Tonight will be a challenge. It's my 10th anniversary and my husband and I are going out for sushi. (Yes, it's surreal - we've been separated for 18 months, but we're still good friends and are going out to celebrate our anniversary. I know. We're freaks. :))

I'm going to try not to over indulge, and I'm eating light for breakfast and lunch. But I suspect tonight might have to be my "non counting" meal. Which means I'll have to be on plan for the entire rest of the weekend. :)

JamieJo
10-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Happy Anniversary PhotoChick! Great job on the loss!

wrdfrog
10-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Congrats PhotoChick. Also, happy anniversary as well.

I'd like to join in with you all on your October goals as well. I think I want to make a commitment goal as well as a weight loss goal. I want to do my yoga routine every day this month as well as lose 8 pounds. I'm already on track for the yoga, and my weigh in is tomorrow, so I'll check in then!

PhotoChick
10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys! I've been looking up the sushi online and there's such variety in calorie counts depending on where it's made. And the restaurant we're going to doesn't provide calorie info. So tonight is definitely my non-counting night. I suspect I'll go a few hundred over tonight, but at least I'll be getting LOTS of protein! *grin*

sxulcmnky
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys! I've been looking up the sushi online and there's such variety in calorie counts depending on where it's made. And the restaurant we're going to doesn't provide calorie info. So tonight is definitely my non-counting night. I suspect I'll go a few hundred over tonight, but at least I'll be getting LOTS of protein! *grin*

and exercise :D;)

PhotoChick
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
and exercise :D;)
*snicker*

sxulcmnky
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
*snicker*

i wish i was getting "exercise" tonight... i might have to make that happen :devil:

SwimGirl
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
LOL - you girls are too funny!

Photochick - happy anniversary!! Have fun tonight. I love Sushi!! Drink lots of water, you wanna flush out all that salt! And DEFINITELY don't get on that scale tomorrow.. I'm always up a couple pounds after sushi.

So today was my WI, and I stayed the same!! Grr!! TOM ended yesterday so I guess thats probably why. Dunno, so frustrating!! I was 110% on track.

-Aimee

ChileanChick
10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Day 3 almost over!
Wasn´t the best day for me, I had my cheat meal (we celebrated a friend´s bday so we had pizza and ice cream and chocolate.. really horrible) but the good part is that it stopped there and i managed to eat healthy the rest of the day. That´s good cause I tend to be "all or nothing" so I´d eat badly the whole day, but today I didn´t and even went to the gym! Yey!
I´m scared of weighing tomorrow though..

Photochick.. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

kittycat40
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
over tonight, but at least I'll be getting LOTS of protein! *grin*

hee, sex joke. have fun!! :D

ChileanChick
10-04-2008, 07:19 PM
How´s everyone doing?
Yesterday I had a so so day, but I didn´t let that get in the way and today I ate totally OP and went to the gym!
Hope to hear from you all!

JamieJo
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
well today is Sunday...official weigh in day for me (although I weighed myself the last few days too. My 10 pound goal is on it's way. I started at about 164/165 and today I weighed in at 161.9. So....I'm GOING to get 154/155 by the end of October!!!! How did everyone else do this weekend?

hborden
10-05-2008, 12:59 PM
So I'm counting this as week 1 in October over, because I'm weird like that. This week started off strong. I've been doing The Biggest Loser Cardio Workout every other day, because I'm super sore afterwards. I was counting calories, unfortunately I made some bad decisions. Since friday I have pretty much had to eat out every meal except breakfasts, which have still been surprisingly healthy. I had a goodbye/good luck lunch at work, out of town (so I had to get lunch somewhere), dinner yesterday and today for my grandparents anniversary. Basically the idea of getting something good for me never passed through my thick skull, so three of the times I got burgers. It's bad because I think that its negated all my hard work, doing the workout and counting calories before the weekend. However, the one bright side is that I'm soo sick of eating out. All I want to do is make myself a big salad and eat it in my pjs at home. So hopefully that keeps up this week.

Starting weight: 207
WI-1: 207

CatRocks
10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I forgot to weigh in at the start of October!! So thursday was my official weigh in day (the 2nd Oct) and i was 133 exactly. Hopefully by this thursday i'll be down another pound or 2! Wont be able to work out this week much as i'm starting my post-grad course at uni this week and i'm sure it'll be crazy busy with lots of socializing, woop! No alcohol for me though :( Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Cat
x

ChileanChick
10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
All of you who have mondays as WI day I hope to see your progress tomorrow!
I had a great Sunday, even though my whole family came for lunch I stayed totally OP. Today was my gym free day, but in the afternoon I was so bored I managed to get 40 mins in the elliptical!

Hope to hear from u all!

reddahlia
10-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Managed to stay on track all weekend! I was going to have my non-counting meal tonight and got enchiladas but they just didn't taste good to me. Which is great! :) So, I shouldn't go over today even. I have not worked out though, so I have to start that tomorrow. I'll post when I do to keep accountable. ;)

partypantalones
10-06-2008, 03:07 AM
hello friends! i know im a little late jumping in, but i am soooo up for this challenge!

i was OP with WW for a couple months earlier this year and totally derailed 4th of july weekend! ha! its taken umm 3 months to get back here, and as sad as i am to say my progress has been undone, i am so happy to nip it in the bud RIGHT NOW! (and its also nice to know ive done it once - it can be done again... and a freaking good lesson for me about how important maintenance will be, geeeeze)

anyway i slunk back to a meeting for WI a few weeks ago and came in at 187. :/ since i think ive dropped a pound or two since, i will be ambitious and set my october goal at 179. woo woo!

ahhh im so glad to be back! i hope everyone has a happy monday kickoff the week!

ChileanChick
10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Welcome Partypantalones!! Great nick by the way!!
Hope you all have a great Monday..

PhotoChick
10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Official Monday weigh in: 162.4

*sigh*

And tomorrow starts TOM, so you know that means I won't go anywhere for a while.

Off to change my ticker.

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
How does TOM typically affect you guys? Mine came on Saturday-mid morning and I weighed 161.9 Sunday morning. Does it take until TOM is OVER to see that notice of weight being less or do you think the Sunday morning weigh in was pretty correct? (Sorry to get so personal!!! )

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Morning Photochick! Hope you had a great anniversary!

Lets both break that 160 mark this week!

PhotoChick
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Morning Jamie! :)

Well, since I weigh in every day, I can definitely see a pattern. Here's what normally happens for me:

2 ish days before - stall
Day before and start - up anywhere from 1-3 lbs
3 days after - big whoosh of water weight, anywhere from 3-7 lbs

I know it doesn't work that way for everyone, but I can always count (if I've stayed on plan) on dropping at least 3lbs after my TOM.

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I will very much look forward to TOM going home then! 3 - 7 lbs??? WOW! I'll be happy if it's just 2! :)

ChileanChick
10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
How does TOM typically affect you guys? Mine came on Saturday-mid morning and I weighed 161.9 Sunday morning. Does it take until TOM is OVER to see that notice of weight being less or do you think the Sunday morning weigh in was pretty correct? (Sorry to get so personal!!! )

Uhh u wouldnīt believe how much water I retain (is that verb correct?). Iīve always noticed it (impossible not to lol) but as I just aŋstarted weighing I donīt know how many lbs, but for example, my school ring is kind of loose but a few days before TOM I canīt get it out, actually yeasterday it hurt cause it was so so tight. I hate this! I hope to see a big difference after TOM! 7 lbs as Photochick would be great!!!!

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi ChileanChick - We are about the same weight too! Why is your goal 110?

kimberlyw
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I want to do the 10 lb weight loss challenge also:) I think it is attainable and I am really excited now!!! I got "The Firm" fat burning DVD from Target so I am hoping that helps LOL. GL everyone!!

butterflyangels
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I also want to hop onto the Lose 10 pounds in October train... I've lost 3 so far this month, so I'm right on track.

I don't know how much waterweight I retain when TOM comes around... the scale and only recently have a mutual understanding with each other.

Noodle
10-07-2008, 01:17 AM
HEY! Just today I decided to do the same :)
(i.e. 5kgs gone by the end of October)

CatRocks
10-07-2008, 04:30 AM
Today isnt my official weigh in day but i did it anyway... and im down a pound!! Only 4 more lbs to go this month to reach my halloween goal :carrot:
Cat x

JamieJo
10-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Guys! I was under 160 this morning. Birthday suit of course and right when I woke up but I don't care! The scale said 159.8!!!!!! I haven't seen under 160 since my daughter was born!!! WOO HOO!!! I am going to be 155 by the end of Oct!!!!

ChileanChick
10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone!
Wow, almost a week over, tomorrow is my offical WI day (even thougn I wegh everyday to enter it in fitday.. I love the graphs lol)
I´ve seen a lot of you are doing great! Wow, that really motivates me!

Kimberly, Butterflyangels and Noodles WELCOME!!! It would be great to know about your starting and goal weights and your plans.. yeah, I´m a bit curious.. it´s not that you have to, but just to know you better!

Cat Rocks.. congratulations! Only 4 more lbs? You´ll reach your goal o sure!

Jamie Jo.. U´re dping great! Hope to see those numbers soon!

partypantalones
10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
yay! so much success on this thread already and only one week in! woo woo!!

im feeling pretty good these days myself. i think something has really clicked for me - and im really digging all the walk-worthy weather we're getting this week. mmm almost soup season!

lunabella
10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey ladies! Sorry I'm a bit late in finding this thread but I'd love to hop on!! 10 lbs in October would be FANTASTIC (especially cuz I'm hoping to be the Pink Ranger -the original mighty morphin one that I grew up watching, not the new one- for the biggest party of the year at my school which is the night before Halloween)!!

I was back up to 140 at the beginning of October and I'm now 136/137 (the lines on my scale are so little and close together it's hard to tell exactly where the pointer is pointing haha).

I'm following the Extreme Fast Smash diet (which is fantastic and I'm never hungry!) and running my butt off. . . literally! I need to start encorporating some weight training but I'd rather stick to free weights over machines so I'm having difficulty coming up with a plan. If anyone has any ideas I'm completely receptive!

Good luck to everyone!!

And I WILL be 130 by Halloween! :)

kimberlyw
10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome Chilean Chick!! Do you guys use real first names here? (just curious)

I'm Kim, 27 yo, married 10 years, 4 kids (Byron-10, Elijah-8 (going to be 9 on 11/28), Abigail-2 (going to be 3 on 11/21), and Connor-1 month. I just had a baby boy, Connor, on September 4, 2008. My last weigh in preggo was 176. I am now 156. I was 114lbs just before getting preggo with my third (I had been that weight since high school). My goal is to be back at 114 but I would be thrilled to make it 120lbs! I am still BFing so I am trying to loose most of my weight with exercise. I am cutting calories, but not by much. My diet is more of a "healthy foods only" approach with a little bit of portion control.

I have never eaten breakfast (I just do coffee) and for lunch today I had a salad, a yogurt, and some laughing cow cheese. I am having granola for a snack. For dinner, Campbell's soup (broccoli cheese) and maybe another yogurt for dessert:) I drink tons of water to keep the milk supply up and am still taking prenatals as well.

For exercise, I have started jogging/walking (30 min a day), doing some exercises I picked up over the years, and free weights for the arms. That is pretty much me in a nutshell.

ChileanChick
10-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Lunabella.. I only know "that" pink power ranger. Is there a new one? Wow you MUST put pics in your costume!! Here we don´t celebrate Holloween, so no costume for me.. also no candy, so that´s good!

Kimberly! Wow, you´ve lost a lot of weight since sept 4th... great! Sounds like you have a great plan and are having good results...

Well, tomorrow is my official WI day.. also it´s my first week so I hope to see a few lbs less than last wednesday.
Hope you all post your 1st week results tomorrow!!!!!

AhhhI had a great day today, even though I got my period (which puts me in a horrible mood) I ignored all the temptations, ate absolutely OP and even went to the gym! Summer is almost here so I really want to use my bikini this year!

partypantalones
10-08-2008, 03:16 AM
oooohh chileanchick, SUMMER!! i always forget :)

i have some good news - i lost 3.8 lbs since my last WI a month ago. that puts me a little more than a pound less than my original starting weight, so i really do feel back on track now. whew!

now just gotta keep on trucking! i hope everyone has a great OP day tomorrow!

CatRocks
10-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Woop! 131.6 this morning. only 3 and a half lbs to go this month! Again , its not my official weigh in day but i couldnt resist. Tomorrow is my official weigh day so i'll let you know how it goes!
Cat
x

Blcarter84
10-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Ok so down 1.2 pounds this morning...great almost 10 more to go for the month...dont know if I wll make it but I sure will try

ChileanChick
10-08-2008, 12:52 PM
U´re all doing so great! I get really inspired with your posts!

Well, today was my official WI day.. so here are the results
SW (last wednesday): 73.7 kgs
CW: 72.1 kgs
That means I lost 1.6 kgs or 3.5 lbs!!! Yey!!! Only 6.8 left to get to my October goal (10.3 lbs)

Today I don´t feel very feel, when I get my period I have horrible cramps (is that word correct?) so I just took another antiinflamatory and hope to feel better soon.
Right now I´m doing nothing, I´m waiting to get my "practica" (to have your lawyer degree here after taking ur BAR exam you have to work 6 months for free for the government, so I´m waiting to be assigned) so I guess I´ll go to the gym, take a walk with the dogs and have a relaxed day! I feel so useless right now and as I get bored it´s hard to avoid the temptations.. I´ll have to work extra hard!
What do you do in your life?

wrdfrog
10-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Great job everyone. There's been so much motivation in this thread, I'm really glad I joined you all. I stop by to read the responses even if I don't type a reply myself every time I come here.

I wrote it somewhere else, but I think I forgot to put it here. I'm on track so far for this month. I lost two pounds last week. My weigh in day is on Saturday, so I'll be back to post on the 11th to see if I'm still on track for 10 lbs in October.

Keep up the great work ladies. :3

ChileanChick
10-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Everybody´s loosing here...!!!!

lunabella
10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
chileanchick. . there have been many new versions of the power rangers since the original that have, in my humble opinion, ruined the integrity of the mighty morphin ones I used to idolize as a kid! (haha) The only costumes available to buy are the newest version so I'm going to have to attempt to be domestic and make mine! I'll definitely post pics when the time comes :) I probably won't have any problems with candy for halloween but alcohol will surely be my downfall haha.

So I finished off my day pretty strongly yesterday, I went to a BLT class (buns, legs, and thighs) and an ABS (abs, back, and strength) class at the gym and ate on plan except for a taquito that I just couldn't resist. Ok, you caught me, and one of those yummy cream filled cookie things. . .I really need to stop spending so much time around my skinny bf and his football player roommate :( Considering all the temptation they had around me I think I did pretty well only giving in that much! And even with that my calories were definitely not over 1300 so I'm not stressing about it. . . .and I was at 136 this morning. This was a definite 136, not "it might be 136/137 cuz I can't see which little line the pointer is is pointing to" :)

Today will be a two mile run, maybe more. It'll depend on how I feel and if I have time to run outside before the sun goes down (3 miles is soooo long on a treadmill haha). I think I'm going to start throwing in some pushups and crunches after my runs to start working on muscle definition. Does anyone have any good ideas of muscle building/toning exercises that I could just throw in using either just my body weight or light dumbbells?

My goal for today: EVEN THOUGH I'm totally pmsing and craving everything sweet and salty in the world, I WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT give in to temptation tonight! I want to see a good loss when the bloating from TOM goes away!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!!

ChileanChick
10-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Hello hello!
Just wanted to tell you that even though I had a horrible day, totally and completely full with temptations.. I made it through staying absolutely on plan!!! I had my aunts bday, so many yummy stuff, of cpurse cake, but also these nice little sandwichs, and stuffed mushrooms and uhhh LOTS of thing, but I had dinner before going and stuck with diet coke!!!
Also went to the gym!

Hope u had a good day!

JamieJo
10-08-2008, 11:31 PM
lunabella - You are so motivated. I think if I ever get to 136 pounds, I would never pick up another dumb bell again!

lunabella
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
aw thanks jamie :) you are a lot taller than me tho, so I'm sure 136 would be a lot skinnier on you than it is on me (my info says i'm 5'4 but that's rounding up haha).

I want to make sure that when my bodyfat % is low enough for all my muscles to show through there's something to show! :)

Awesome job resisting temptation Chilean!!! You have much more willpower than I do. This PMS is totally kicking my butt.

ChileanChick
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM
chileanchick. . there have been many new versions of the power rangers since the original that have, in my humble opinion, ruined the integrity of the mighty morphin ones I used to idolize as a kid! (haha) The only costumes available to buy are the newest version so I'm going to have to attempt to be domestic and make mine! I'll definitely post pics when the time comes :) I probably won't have any problems with candy for halloween but alcohol will surely be my downfall haha.

So I finished off my day pretty strongly yesterday, I went to a BLT class (buns, legs, and thighs) and an ABS (abs, back, and strength) class at the gym and ate on plan except for a taquito that I just couldn't resist. Ok, you caught me, and one of those yummy cream filled cookie things. . .I really need to stop spending so much time around my skinny bf and his football player roommate :( Considering all the temptation they had around me I think I did pretty well only giving in that much! And even with that my calories were definitely not over 1300 so I'm not stressing about it. . . .and I was at 136 this morning. This was a definite 136, not "it might be 136/137 cuz I can't see which little line the pointer is is pointing to" :)

Today will be a two mile run, maybe more. It'll depend on how I feel and if I have time to run outside before the sun goes down (3 miles is soooo long on a treadmill haha). I think I'm going to start throwing in some pushups and crunches after my runs to start working on muscle definition. Does anyone have any good ideas of muscle building/toning exercises that I could just throw in using either just my body weight or light dumbbells?
My goal for today: EVEN THOUGH I'm totally pmsing and craving everything sweet and salty in the world, I WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT give in to temptation tonight! I want to see a good loss when the bloating from TOM goes away!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!!

On page 1 of the thread of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred thereīs a video, itīs really really short, but I got like 4 or 5 good exercise ideas! Yesterday I did one for my triceps and today they really hurt (in a good way of course).

Blcarter84
10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm completely PMSing as well and feel bloated....I just wish that it will go away soon!! Or at least before my weigh in on Tuesday!

lunabella
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks Chilean, I actually have the 30 day shred DVD and had totally forgotten about it haha! I'll have to whip it back out and get some ideas, if not just keep up with the whole routine!

Blcarter, I know exactttllyyy how you feel. Just make sure you drink as much water as you can and avoid salty foods before your weigh in. . I've found that green tea really helps my bloating too. Good luck!

This morning was the 2nd day the scale read 135 . . .yay! Off to change my ticker!
. . . we'll see if I can hold that when my period actually starts lol.

partypantalones
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
yayy its friday, and this has been a great week for me as far as exercise and eating OP! ive been doing my whole walking thing, and ive probably walked twice as far/long as i expected to when i first started. and i have 30 flex points left for the wknd.

i kinda cant wait for WI this week :) its been one of these weeks where IIII know ive done well, so it doesnt really matter if the scale doesnt get it yet. and after WI on monday i may revise my 179 in october goal. gahhh i wish i could just skip the 70s and be back to the 60s again :P

i hope everyone is having a great friday -- good luck this wknd, and hang in there... we can do it!!

ChileanChick
10-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey!!!
Mmm it´s not a good day for me :( Yesterday I used my cheat meal.. ok, I know I´m allowed a cheat meal a week, but I feel horrible anyway, it´s not that i binged like crazy but had a "normal meal" with my family, lasagna, ice cream for desset and then two pieces of chocolate, ahhh and a glass of wine, result, today I´m 1.3 lbs up.. I knew it would happen, I know it´s not fat but anyway grrrrrrrrrrr!

Also I´m waiting to get my "practica" (to get ur law degree here you have to work 6 months free for the government..) ok every month they publish a list with the ones assigned and I´m not in, so I have to wait another month. I´m so tired of waiting, and actually I can´t start working, I mean, who would hire someone for 1 month? I wouldn´t

And it´s supposed to be spring here and we have a cloudy and cold day... mmm grey days make me sad!!!!

Ahh and i went to get a piercing in my ear and the guy did it wrong!!!! yeahh, believe, in the wrong place.. It is the second hole in my ear and he did it so close to the other one that now I can´t use both earings, so I had to take it out...

I´ll go to the gym, I NEED ENDORPHINES!

JamieJo
10-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Very frustrated here today.... I'm back up to the weight I was when I started this thing. I just don't understand how 3 weeks of doing so good does not stick when you have ONE bad day....

reddahlia
10-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Jamie - I'm sure it will fall off with some water and a little exercise. No worries, you will do fine! :)

Today I hit the one hundreds!! :carrot: I am so, so excited. I have not been below 200 in 6 years, feels like forever. I finally got my 30 day shred in the mail yesterday, took forever. I worked last night and work again tonight, but I'm going to try to get up early today and do it! Congrats everyone! :)

garstar
10-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Ahh and i went to get a piercing in my ear and the guy did it wrong!!!! yeahh, believe, in the wrong place.. It is the second hole in my ear and he did it so close to the other one that now I canīt use both earings, so I had to take it out...

can you let it heal up and then get it redone? What a bummer! You should go back and get your money back!

wrdfrog
10-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Congrats reddahlia! I can't wait til I get there myself. Keep up the good work. I know it must be a great feeling. :3

Today is my weigh in day, and I'm still on track for 10 in October, which really makes me happy. I started at 209 at the beginning of October, and two weeks in I've lost 4.8 pounds in total. I'm halfway there!

Right before I weigh in, I always get so angsty and nervous. This is even when I know I've had a good week. I hope that eventually, I stop placing so much value on what the scale says and just go with how I look and feel. I know for a fact I've been feeling better physically and emotionally since I started. I should put more weight in that.

Anyhoo, keep up the good work chickies!

ChileanChick
10-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Hello!!!

JamieJo.. the same thing happened to me on thursday, one cheat meal and it feels all the hard work is worthless, but as someone said the good news is that it´s mainly water. Drink a lot of water today, exercise and the excess weight will dissapear, and next time you feel like cheating remeber how you feel right now, it´s not that you´ll never cheat but maybe go a little healthier... Keep up posted on how you doing and how you are feeling too!

Reddalia.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!You must feel so proud of yourself.. I imagine your face when you saw a 1 instead of a 2! What a great feeling!

Garstar.. actually i only payed like 4 dollars for the piercing lol (they are really really cheap here) so I don´t mind the money but anyways, it was so sad to take it off, and it hurt, so I lost a few dollars and a lot of extra pain.. but when it heals I want to do it again... but in another place lol

Wrdfrog.. congratulations on your loss too.. I also feel so nervous and anxious before stepping on the scale, actually my WI days I wake up before the alarm goes on, I mean, really really anxious... hope it gets better with time!

I´m having a good saturday, I had lunch with my family, the ate totally unhealthy food, and cake for dessert and cookies and chocolate but I stayed totally OP! Yey and I went to the gym in the morning... the problem is the afternoon, I get kind of bored so I tend to get "hungries" and eat... hope it doesn´t happen today!

ChileanChick
10-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Ahhhh, I want a signature too! snif snif.. still have to wait a few days though

wrdfrog
10-11-2008, 05:40 PM
ChileanChick, thanks! It's good to know I'm not the only one. heh

I do the same thing of eating when I'm bored or stressed. What I've started to do is drink tea when I've got munchies. I make sure to get flavors I really like and keep bags around the house and also at my job. I really like different types of green tea. Also, little healthy snacks like mixed nuts or cheese sticks are good if you just can't overcome the urge to snack. They're filling so you don't need to have a lot of it to be satisfied.

Congrats for staying OP and getting to the gym though! I hope the rest of your day is going well.

ChileanChick
10-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I just had tea... a low cal low fat yogurt and 2 toasts with avocado, yumi, the bad part is that it was so good I want to continue eating.. I think I´ll drink a can of diet coke or diet orange soda and that will keep me away from the other stuff!

lunabella
10-14-2008, 02:06 PM
hey girls! so this weekend+pms=bad for my diet haha. I'm up to 137 again but I'm hoping it's water weight and will be gone after a day or two totally OP so I'm not updating anything yet. I've been good today, but I have a mixer tonight that will include lots of pizza and beer so that I won't have to pay for so I'm aiming for ONE piece of pizza (THAT'S IT!! ONLY ONE LUNA! haha) or maybe just forking up the money to pay for my own salad. I'm sure the frat guys won't be very forgiving with that, but I have a goal I'm going to reach dang it!

Hope everyone's week is going well so far!!

JamieJo
10-15-2008, 02:48 PM
How is everyone doing???? October is half way over! Are you half way to your goal??? :)

raw23
10-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Crap I thought I joined this weeks ago! Eh... well I've been with you all in spirit, I guess. Better late than never.
Half way there. Down to 192 and hoping it holds till Monday - the official WI.

sxulcmnky
10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
i'm about 1/3 of the way to my goal. i hope to make it but i am not sure i will... i'm just happy that the scale is going down and not up lol

how is everyone else doing?

JamieJo
10-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I still have 6 pounds to go! I'm really going to try and step it up the rest of this month and see 155!!!!

wrdfrog
10-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm still with you all too! I like to stick with weighing myself only once per week though, so that's why I haven't updated yet. I will see you Saturday!

lunabella
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
So I survived TOM with maintenance, but no loss. Oh well, I'm still happy to see the scale say 135!! I have exactly 2 weeks till the big halloween party . . maybe I can lose 5 by then. If not, I'll be satisfied with like 131 or so. I really need to step up my exercise, I've been slacking!

Blcarter84
10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Ok so I had to take 4 days off from working out because I hurt my back.(all is better now) I have also been on TOM so that hasn't helped. I haven't gained any but I haven't lost any either. Hoping on Tuesday when this is all over that I show something significant. i still have 8 pounds to go for the month YIKES!!

JamieJo
10-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey Carter - I still have 6 pounds to go....I'm not sure that I will make it but I'm going to give it a good go!

You'll probably loose at least a couple when TOM is gone!

ChileanChick
10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey!!!
I´m back, I went for 4 days with some friends to the beach! We had a great time, but I went totally off plan, lots of pizza, junk food, and 0 exercise...
I don´t want to step on the scale yet... but I´m back! I won´t make the 10 lbs for october, but well, I´m looking at the bright side and that is that I had a good time and that I´m back!

Hope u r doing better than me!!!!

wrdfrog
10-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great weekend and is keeping it healthy!

I lost 2.6 lbs this week. I think I need to up my caloric intake a bit so it's closer to 2 lbs. I lost 2.4 the other two weeks. I don't want it to get into an unhealthy range. So, the total for October is 7.4 lbs lost right now. 2.6 more lbs to go to reach the 10 pound goal for October! I do believe I'm going to make it!

Anyhoo, good luck everyone!

JamieJo
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm back up to 163 this morning. Doesn't look like I'm going to hit 155 this month. :(

PhotoChick
10-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Jamie - I'm right there with ya. I'm up to 166 this morning.

Soooooo frustrating.

Jelbb
10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Jamie, darling, don't lose faith!!! You might surprise yourself still. Either way, I bet that by the end of October you can get solidly under 160! :D And... I don't think I'm gonna quite make it to my end of October 153 either.

...I should gain back a few pounds so we can struggle together. :D

Why the Scale Lies, anyhow. (http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm)

ChileanChick
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey... buuu i´t looks like the scale isn´t our best friend today!

Something strange happened to me, as I have told u a zillion times last week I went to the beach with some friends and for 4 days ate totally off plan and didn´t exercise at all.. of course I gained a few lbs but now I´m loosing very fast, it looks like it was mostly water weight yey!!! Well, I don´t think I´ll make my goal, but anyway, it wasn´t as bad as I thought!

JamieJo
10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey PhotoChick! What is our DEAL??? I know that I REALLY need to pick it up on the diet part! I'm going to the store after work today, no excuses, and loading up.

Hey Jelbb - Don't you dare silly girl!!!

wrdfrog! Way to go - You will have to mentor the rest of us for November!

I'm still going to give it a serious go these next two weeks. Like SERIOUS go. No more cheating. No more, no more, no more! I can do this for just TWO weeks. Let's give the last 12 days a good go ladies!

wrdfrog
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
JamieJo

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I really think it's just because this is my first month starting back on a healthy lifestyle so my body is adjusting and losing a lot of water weight to my way of thinking.

You guys hang in there. Keep motivated and don't get discouraged. We can do it!