Alternachicks - alternative slacker exercise thread

ollie27
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
yo dudes. so i've been slacking on the exercise thang and if i am to make any sort of change, well, it's gotta involve some movement this i know. and i'm gonna face it: i need some accountability. so i'm posting this thread for the week for me or anyone else who wants to join; but even if it's just me that's cool cause something's gotta give. my problem is not so much energy, but time management. so here's my deal. i work out at least 30 minutes a day this week monday through friday. and now that i've announced it to you all that means i gotta, right? right. feel free to join me or at the least check back in and scrutinize.

:exercise:

unload2
09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
i'll join....my challenge is staying consistent, maybe this is just what I need. Thanks for starting this thread!
My Goals for the week

M: 30 minutes on the elliptical
T: upper body weights
W: 30 minutes on elliptical
Th: lower body
F: 30 minutes elliptical
Sat: upper body weights
Sun: be active - bike ride- hike- play with kids

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
I need more support too!

Today I had planned on walking during both of my breaks (but it's raining out and breat time right now....) which would be 40 mintues of break.

Then tonight I am doing the Barry Bootcamp lower body DVD.

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to be walking, I am also going to get on the treadmil tonight. 60 seconds of jogging/90seconds of walking for a total of 20 mintues.
Come on slackers! We can do it!

Ollie - What is your 30 mintues of exercise that you are going to do today?

ollie27
09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
groovy. we got ourselves a lill alternative slacker support group! you two have my permission to use any four letter words necessary to help get me off me arse! today is day one of icks nay on the ackerslay...or something. and yep, i hear ya on the 'staying consistent' front, unload

I have Tanja Djelevic's Total Body Cardio dvd with a 30 minute express workout. It's pretty hardcore. I'm outta class and suiting up for it now. If I have time later tonight I also have a 20 min Power Yoga Dvd I can bust out, but just getting this 30 minutes in is amounting to something...which is better than nothing.

Lovely
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Just coming in here to give a little kick*** motivation:

:kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt:

Get on the move!

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Ollie - YOU WILL have time for the 20 min Power Yoga too. I better see a posting that said you did both! :)

ollie27
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
thanks for the motivation, Faerie:)

and Jamie, I looked at your post right before I began my exercise and was inspired by the all caps "YOU WILL" to forgo my 30 min express workout and opted for a 45 minute dvd.

monday: check.:exercise:

mauvaisroux
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm in!

30 minute walk at lunch today! Not much but it is a start! :)

Go slacker girls! :cheer:

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Ollie! Sweet!!! Great job!

I did the 25 min week one-day one deal to get up to a 5K in 8 weeks (or something like that.) Went pretty well. And I did the upper body Barry Bootcamp (about 25 min) so I'm a "check" today too!

How about the rest of you???

x meowkat x
09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh man I need to join this thread....It's been a couple MONTHS (eeeek!) since I've actually exercised. I've basically plateaued because I got lazy with my workouts and lazy with my eating over the summer. Now I'm back into all my old habits! I cheated and weighed myself today, just to see how it was going and I managed to gain 5 pounds in a week :o

My plan for the rest of the week is to drink LOTS of water (hoping most of it is water weight since I haven't been drinking my 8 glasses a day) and get back to the gym. Don't think I'll go tonight, since I have work to do around the house, but our downstairs neighbors have been moved out for a month and I have NOT taken advantage of my Dance Dance Revolution game--I think it's time.

ollie27
09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
:cool: groovy job to all the slackers! negative on the 20 minute yoga dvd, but the dishes and some laundry was a sufficient replacement. all in all day one of the deslackerization a success!

jamiejo is that couch to 5k? did you like it? i've been kinda eying b/c of the catchy title but know nothing about it.

meowkat - i can relate. it's been a little over a month since i exercised.

tomorrow. same time, same place?

Lovely
09-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Well, I didn't bring my exercise clothes to work... BUT! I didn't let that hold me back entirely.

While I didn't want to sweat up a storm in my jeans, I knew that I had to move somehow. I ended up taking a few 15 minute walks as breaks throughout the day. (I worked until 8:00 PM tonight :faint:) And my total = 75 minutes of walking! :carrot:

JamieJo
09-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey fellow slackers!

Ollie - Yes - It's the Couch to 5K thing that I found on here. I DO NOT like running but realize it is the best cardio so I figured I would give it a go. What's nice about "this program" is that if you found the week you are in to be too difficult to move on to the next week, you can redo that week...and I like that feeling I guess.

Week one is a 5 min brisk walk for warmup and then 20 more min of 60 jog/60walk. And you do this three times in week one. I did it last night and found it easy so I'm going to keep up with it!

Any other slackers want to try it too and see how we do?

Lovely
09-30-2008, 08:45 AM
I began with the C25K program, too! I like the alternating jogging/walking, though, as it works as HIIT and keeps my body guessing.

ollie27
09-30-2008, 10:55 AM
morning!

couch to 5k? Hmmmm....that would involve me heading somewhere that's walker/runner friendly (which is not my immediate surroundings) and right now my prob is time management, so i'm gonna stick with rotating these few workout dvds i have to get me back into some kind of routine and perhaps work my way up to finding time to walk/run outside in my schedule?

i do have a walk away the pounds dvd, which is the same alternating process, so i'll be with ya in spirit, jamiejo.

i'm outta class today for rosh hashana so i have a wee bit of extra time to catch up on my reading and work.

my goal today is to get off me slackin arse and do the 4 fast miles dvd, which is 4 miles in 50 minutes.

unload2
09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey ladies! Feeling pretty pumped today, I just got finished with my upper body and abs workout. I love lifting weights! So can someone fill me in on this C25K program? Sounds interesting, although unsure of myself jogging or running but I'd still like to check it out. Thanks ladies, everyone kick some @$$ today!

lizziep
09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
i'm in! I started my work week today with a work out. Got up early for it and everything. My goal is to work out every day this week for 30 minutes.

wonder if I can do the couch to 5K on the bike instead....

JamieJo
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
For those of you interested in the c25k...
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

unload2
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
thanks JamieJo....I'll be checking this out soon

ollie27
09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
awesome lizziep!

i just got finished with 4 fast miles! :cb: <---that one's for you, unload. it's not brian in the suit, but hey.

tuesday: chizzity check

owlmonkey
09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm in!
30 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes weights T/Th (starting today!)
45 minutes cardio MWF
Sat-rest
Sun-walk/yoga/something!

jandaman
10-01-2008, 05:54 AM
count me in as well....

started this week with a 1 1/2 hour brisk walk...then felt smug and thought i was exempt the rest of the week..*sheesh* talk about bsing urself!!
in germany they have a metaphor for giving yourself a swift kick to the behind= overcoming your inner "schweinehund" (literal transl=pigdog...basically ur evil pathologically comfy lazy self :) ) so, look out schweinehund!

ollie27
10-01-2008, 08:52 AM
morning! :coffee:

welcome, jan! i say f the local pharmacy scale for now and just concentrate on your schweinehund.

welcome, owlmonkey.

so far so good. lots of reading today, so when i get my 30 minutes of cardio in, i'll be doin alright, gettin good grades, with a future so bright i gotta wear shades...and stuff. :cool:

JamieJo
10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey slackers! Glad everyone is doing so well!

Didn't do squat yesterday! Had a girlfriend who was having a horrible day so I spent the majorty of the evening with her....no exercise for me. :( And probably one too many beers with her! Tonight is week 1 day 2 for C25K and lower body DVD! :)

unload2
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey ladies, hope everyone's having a good day so far. I'm not sure what I'm doing for cardio today, elliptical maybe. Anyone try the Burn and Firm pilates DVD? It's pretty good. I love how tall I feel after pilates!

jandaman- schweinehund= awesome! ha..ha..I've never heard the expresion before

Have a great day everyone..

lizziep
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
hi ladies! I'm not doing anything today or tomorrow! Mandatory overtime days for me- and well honestly after spending 10 hours at work i just come home, have some dinner, and then slide off into my nighttime coma. :)

ollie27
10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
just finished my 30 minutes of kick you in your arse cardio with tanja djelevic, whom i love.

so wednesday: check baby check baby 1,2,3,4 check baby check baby 1,2,3

p.s. did i mention i'm a dork?

ghost
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Okay, I'm in. I've done cardio for the last three days, today I'm taking a day off of cardio and going to do some "other" stuff, including but not limited to, squats, lunges, pushups, crunches, jumping jacks yaddayaddayadda...I hope to do so many crunches that I'll hurt, I want to feel the PAIN in my core.

JamieJo
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Ollie - Congrats!!!!!!!!! Guess I better do my stuff today too... :)

And thanks...now I'm going to be be-bopping that gay song the rest of the day! :) haha!

ollie27
10-01-2008, 10:09 PM
ghost - how's that pain workin out for ya?

thanks jamie. it really does help me to commit out loud and to the world wide web the goal of exercising for 5 days in a row. perhaps i can work my way up to doin it on my own. we shall see! cute kid btw.

ollie27
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
:coffee2: morning!

so i'm off to class for most of the day but when i get back my goal is to take time out of all my :book2: and get at least 30 minutes of cardio in.

hope today is everything everyone hopes it will be and more.

adios!

ollie27
10-02-2008, 08:52 PM
just squeezed in 30 minutes of cardio with 8 minutes to spare til the debate!

thursday: hells yeah

x meowkat x
10-03-2008, 02:56 AM
I've failed to do anything the entire week. At all. I haven't even tried, even though I said I would. I really am a slacker. Congrats to those who are improving :D

ollie27
10-03-2008, 07:27 AM
morning, ladies. or myself. or whomever is listening.

meowkat it's cool, man. i've had a good week for exercise but the previous oh, 7 or so weeks i didn't do jack, so i can relate! this thread has really helped me, so i'll start another one next week. if at first you don't succeed try try again...and stuff. after all, tomorrow is another day.

again, goal today is at least 30 minutes of cardio and it would be soooo cool if i could get a lil but o' yoga in too. we;ve got company coming so there'll be some cleaning involved. that counts, right?

hope everyone's day is as groovy as it can be.

JamieJo
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Did Week 2 Day 1 of the C25K last night...and I must say, feeling great about it! I found where my husband hid the scale and weighed myself this morning with no improvement...was somewhat discouraging but I'm just hoping that come Sunday, it will be less! TOM should be here today so I'm hoping that coming and going will make that scale go down! Week 2 Day 2 tonight!

unload2
10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Morning ladies....ugg it's been a long week. I totally slacked yesterday and didn't do a thing. Mandatory OT is killing me, I'm so sleepy and unmotivated. Last day is today so hope to have a rest filled weekend and back at it next week. Great job everybody! Have a great day.

lizziep
10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
unload - wow glad to know there are other people out there with mandatory OT. i'm so exhausted and cranky.

BUT that being said- I have a date with my recumbent bike and some angry music tonight about 9:30 after work and dinner. I WILL keep this date. I WILL NOT get lazy.

well... we'll see. :D

ollie27
10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
so just finished 30 minutes of cardio.

monday through friday: check and mate

thanks to every one for their support!

what sucks is i'm goin to a lil shin-dig where there will be quite an opportunity to reverse my entire week's work in ounces of beer.

i'm going to try to be a beer baby sitter tonight and nurse just one...

well...we'll see:D

JamieJo
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Liz - YOU WILL NOT GET LAZY! JUST DO IT! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!

Ollie - I can't help you with motivation to baby sit tonight....I don't have that ability when I'm out! :)

ghost
10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
ghost - how's that pain workin out for ya?

thanks jamie. it really does help me to commit out loud and to the world wide web the goal of exercising for 5 days in a row. perhaps i can work my way up to doin it on my own. we shall see! cute kid btw.

Well, the squats and lunges made my legs sore...the pushups killed my pecks...but no matter how many freaking sit ups, crunches or core strength excercises I do I can't get that sore feeling. I get the burn when I'm working it, so I know I'm working the right areas...but, alas, no day after soreness.

I did cardio for 75 minutes last night again and registered a GAIN this am...so sick of my body, so frusterated.

JamieJo
10-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Ghost - Have you ever tried resistance training with those exercise rope thingys (forgetting what they are called at the moment.....) ? I really like Barry's Boot Camp DVD's. They use those handheld ropes for resistance training and they come in different levels. I'm always sore when I finish those DVDs!

And Cardio for 75 min? Wow - that is a long stretch. What are you doing for cardio?

I also had a gain this morning and busted my butt last night (VERY DISSAPPOINTED)....everyone keeps telling me that results are not immediate and your muscles are probably heavier after what you did to them yesterday...so keep it up and stay motivated!

Don't be a slacker!!!!!!!!!!! :) hehe!

lizziep
10-04-2008, 11:00 PM
haha i was totally a slacker last night. i made up for it today with a workout on the next level up on the bike and i thought i was going to croak. finally got a new scale and i'm down 10 lbs. woot! it took way too long to drop that ten though. i need to step it up.

tomorrow morning. before i do anything else i will work it out!

ollie27
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
welp, had plenty of beer friday night and am craving chocolate and (fulfilling said crave) now as i'm pms-ing, so all in all i think i've about canceled out all the cardio i did this week :) buuuut...i'm in a better position that if i hadn't done it.

think i'm coming down with the crud, too. grrr...

congrats lizzie on the loss. that's awesome!

JamieJo
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
geez - I swear that we are all on the same schedule for TOM....I had a pretty bad weekend with food because of TOM...But, the excuse is over, tomorrow is Monday, and time to get back on track!!!!

lizziep
10-06-2008, 02:05 AM
SO- i said i wouldn't do anything until after i worked out. and it was true. i did nothing. all day. and it was glorious. lol. nothing like a true day OFF. i read, i even made hubby bring me breakfast. here's to tomorrow. :)

Samantha123
10-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I could never find the time to exercise, but i have just recently bought trim in 20 from mysummerbody and now there is no excuse i do it before feeding the family. If you are worried about time you should try it out.

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Great job Liz - KEEP IT UP!!!!

unload2
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey ladies! What a long freakin week last week. I'm glad to be back to normal this week. So I plan on going for a walking this am as long as the weather holds up, if not that evil elliptical is calling my name. Great job everyone, keep it up.

ollie27
10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
thanks for the tip samantha. i can't really justify spending 40 dollars right now when i have everything in need to exercise (ummm, but the time). keep us posted though to tell us if it's worth it.

awesome that you got a day off, lizzie. i'm a wee bit jealous.:p but with your OT, you deserved it.

you and me both with the weekend thang, jamiejo.

well, my husband's friend came in and stayed for the weekend with his two coughing, slobbering, booger flinging, snot nosed (but cute) kids. i totally need to lysol or something today. i'm trying to get sick and am ingesting oh about 15 times the daily percentage of vitamin C now trying to ward it off. they left this morning. suffice to say, i didn't really get to do much school reading this weekend and didn't work out at all and ate too much cause i wasn't feeling so hot.

soooooo.....

monday's here again and back to the friggin grind. after class this evening my goal is to come home and do 45 minutes of yoga. nothing to hard as i do have a bit of the ick.

motivational chant...

yoga yoga yoga yoga yoga

lizziep
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
you can do it!!!

rolled out of bed this morning and hopped on the ole exercise bike. woot.
now that it's out of the way i can DO something today!

x meowkat x
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
i'm trying to get sick and am ingesting oh about 15 times the daily percentage of vitamin C now trying to ward it off.

Uhhh, yeah that's me. My bf picked up a nasty cold from some of his friends, and I'm pretty sure he's passed it on to me...of course, he's almost better now :rolleyes: I've been slamming Emergen-C and praying, lol.

I still haven't started exercising yet, but what I have been doing is getting my eating back on track. I went way, waaaaaay off plan for a couple weeks in a row and surprisingly I've only gained about a 1-2 pounds back (it fluctuates). I figure if I can get rid of this sluggish feeling I got from eating all the crap, I'll be much more in the mood to actually exercise. I'm still getting a little activity, because I'm on my feet all day at work...I know it's not the same but it's better than nothing! Good job everyone else, on getting back in gear :cp:

ollie27
10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
i'm feelin a tad bit better so maybe this won't turn in to the all out flu. vitamin C to the rescue. meowkat i hope you can say the same tomorrow. and i'm glad your eating is getting back on track.

just finished my 45 minutes of yoga. thanks for the words of encouragement lizzie:) although all the inhaling and exhaling was a tad bit hard seeing as how i can barely breathe.

so monday: roger ten four good buddy

maybe yoga all week depending on how i'm improving in the crud department? regardless, my slacker arse is doing something everyday and this thread will hold me accountable, right? right. :yes:

unload2
10-07-2008, 11:44 AM
So the weather held up yesterday and friend and I took the kids on a lllooong walk. Today is 45 minute lower body workout.

JamieJo
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm NOT a slacker...well, at least I wasn't yesterday. Did week 3 day 1 of the C25K and made it through with more to spare! woo hoo!

ghost
10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Alright! I finally did it. I got off my arse after a two day break and did my cardio. Sunday night I pseudo strength trained on my living room floor while painting my toenails and watching a movie. Did some push ups, crunches, lunges...okay, really, I could have worked harder, but my toe nails were wet. Last night I did 60 minutes of cardio, should have pushed for 75, but some butthead was on the recumbent bike pretending to work out while his wife was working out. *rolls eyes* if your not "into" it don't come and waste valuable machine time.

This is what I don't get about people who frequent my gym. I'm there to work myself. I work it, I sweat, I groan with excertion. They read a book and doddle about. Sure, I listen to my iPod, but I'm concentraiting on getting a good workout, making an effort, sweating, burning cals, building muscle. Why pay for a huge gym membership if all you ever do is walk slowly on the treadmill, you can do that for free outside or at the store if its too cold. Going to my gym can test your will I tell ya. My coworker goes to the same gym but in the mornings and she says people aren't any better in the morning. *heavy sigh*

lizziep
10-08-2008, 01:42 AM
my gym was dreadful. had the same problem with people who would hog machines and just not do anything. or sit at a weight machine and talk to someone instead of moving their butts so i can use the machine. rude! but the worst was the locker room- oh the horrors.

slackeryness got me again tonight. just don't have it in me. but- i'm down 2 more lbs so i guess i'm still doing alright.

ollie27
10-08-2008, 09:34 PM
yikes. i haven't done anything for two days. i've been on campus the entire time. eck. it's 9:30 and i just got in. i do walk to school so i have been umm moving, but nothing extra.

i'm out of class tomorrow for yom kippur i think and i look forward to having the time to do some more cardio. my weight loss has kind of stalled around 144/145 so I know, I know I gotta do this thang.

i'm so proud of all ye slackers!

JamieJo
10-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Come on you slackers...step it up! :)

Did week 3 day 2 of C25K tonight. I'm beat....

jandaman
10-09-2008, 02:54 PM
lotsa hiking....burning calories thru stress (my mom drives me nuts....sigh) but really need to step it up a notch...
need swift kick to cushiony bottom..tanx

unload2
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
morning everyone.....heading out for a walk with the dogs and little one before I change my mind. haven't really been feeling a$$ kicking kind of exercise lately....any activity is better than none! have a great day!

ollie27
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
gah! not such a good week for exercising. after reading all day long, i rolled my immobile arse up and did a 30 minute cardio video, but i was constantly 30 seconds behind the instructor and knocked my glasses off twice. this weeks has really been funky.

i shant think about that now. i'll think about it tomorrow for tomorrow is another day. so i really need to get my slack arse moving.

tomorrow!

JamieJo
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
So...I'm a slacker. Didn't do squat on Thursday or Friday but eat. I'm back up to the weight I was when I started this thing 3 weeks ago. I'm so frustrated.

ollie27
10-11-2008, 04:19 PM
i can relate, jamiejo. if i had a nickel for every time i stepped on the scale and saw 159 after seeing something lower (sometimes much lower) throughout this entire process...well, i'd have a handful of nickels. it's all about picking yourself back up and keepin on keepin on.

want to be arse kicking buds this coming week since we both had such an egh week this go round? :kickbutt:

i was a bit inspired by seeing 142.5 this morning even though i know it's cause i just came off my period, but i'll take inspiration where i can get it and if it is on the scale--even better. so i just got through doing my 30 minute cardio vid, but i really gave it 100% this go round.

also, i've ate really well all day. momentum for next week? you betcha, doggone it, (wink wink).

i walk to my volunteer gig tomorrow which is all in all about 4 miles. so no vid tomorrow, but monday it's back to the grind and i will do this thang.

goal: monday through friday at least 30 minutes of cardio daily. at least. anything more is a bonus and an additional pat on me arse.

jandaman
10-12-2008, 09:22 AM
walking/biking everywhere......but also indulged in some wholegrain pancakes..hmmmm.. kudos to all youse sporty chicas

unload2
10-12-2008, 12:46 PM
raking the masses amounts of leaves in our yard, and going for a bike ride too. was pretty lazy yesterday.

JamieJo
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
How are my fellow slackers doing???

I finally got over my crabbiness and got on the treadmill today. Did week 3 day 3 of the C25K.... I was surprised; it was pretty easy. Scale is still saying 162 which is pretty much the same as when I started this thing. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong....

ollie27
10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
jamiejo - how's your food intake looking? by your stats it looks like you have lost 3 lbs. right which isn't bad...

well, i got home from class today and went straight to the bedroom to put on my spandex and got my 30 minutes of cardio in. good start for the week, right? i'm worried about later on when the fit hits the shan and i have alot of assignments due.... :book2:

JamieJo
10-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Ollie - I know I could work on my food intake. I always go between about 162 to 165 but thankfully, this morning, the scale said 160.6 again...so I just need to NOT BE A SLACKER and watch that food. It's so hard. My DH is a garbage gut. He will literally go to the store just to get junk food and binge in front of me...and of course is 180 pounds no matter what he eats...ihhh!!!

He did win a Wii this weekend which I tried to get him to not open the package and sell it! BUT, it was super fun once I gave it a chance. The boxing and tennis is a REAL workout! What will they come up with next....

unload2
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
morning everyone....feeling sooooo lazy! forcing myself to lift some weights this morning. Upper body about 45 minutes. have a good day!

lizziep
10-17-2008, 01:14 AM
oh my god. i've been such a slacker i couldn't even be bothered to come in here and post about it! lol.

on sunday I worked out for longer and harder then i ever have before and it felt really good. so good that apparently i felt that i didn't need to do anything else for the rest of the week. lol.

unload2
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
ahhhhhh! what a lazy week for me....I usually walk at least 3-4 mornings with my friend and we didn't even do that. It's so hard to get back into the groove after such a looooong (entire week!), lazy break. So on that note, I WILL get moving over the weekend...kicking self in the a$$. No excuses! Have a great weekend ladies!

JamieJo
10-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Come on you slackers.... NO MORE EXCUSES!

jandaman
10-17-2008, 11:54 AM
oh, ack. count me in on super-slacking. it's tom and i don wanna leave sofa.been walking everywhere tho..haven't i already said that? intend to dance my tush off tonight..does that count as exercise?

ollie27
10-18-2008, 10:03 AM
wow, what's with all the slacking? you all must think this is a slacker thread or something.

okay, it is. but it's a slacker exercise thread too.

that being said, i didn't work out at all this week. i had like 5 things due for school yesterday. buuut, i did walk all over campus and my eating was on point. you know, i miss wokring out when i don't do it.

so it's saturday. i know i have 30 minutes in this day somewhere. i'm gonna do it. do it. do it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/aquatek/benStillerDoIt.jpg

UPDATE: I did it. 30 minutes of cardio today. :)

unload2
10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Hello ladies! Where are we all? 30 day shred 1....DONE! Comcast on demand is the S!

ollie27
10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
:bravo: unload, keep it up, yo.

been a good week so far. i walked 4 miles yesterday and came home after class and like a good little slacker, put on my stretchy pants and did 30 minutes of cardio...

jandaman
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
so, did dance all night...two hour hike on weekend..now down with gnarly cold. eating soup, re-watching 30rock..doing nada! props to da sportee ladeez

unload2
10-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Great Job Ladies! Walked about 4 miles this am, plan on doing the same tomorrow.

ollie27
10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Today: 30 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of Yoga to boot :yay:

unload2
10-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Good Morning everyone. Back on OT so it's been a slow week for me....have a busy day today, still going to make time for 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical before I have to leave for work at 2 p.m.

JamieJo
10-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey slackers - Haven't looked at this thread in awhile...nice to see some of you NOT slacking!!!! WOO HOO!!!

I've been sticking to that C25K deal. Completed week 5 day 2 last night and finally saw the scale say under 160 this morning! YEAH!

sassygrrl
10-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm beginning to slowly do the 30 month shred DVD, but I don't do it every day(I'm suffering from an injury). I'm trying to do the DVD a couple of times a week, and try to walk the dog on other days.

X-meow, I don't have Dance Dance game yet, but I just got the Jillian Michaels Wii game and holy crap. I'm tired after 5 minutes!!

ollie27
10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
okay, 5 days until my samhain challenge ends and i am about .8 pound away. that means everyday this week i need to bust arse on some exercise. so this week i'll be checking in everyday and my goal is to get 50 minutes in daily Mon - Fri.

anyone with me?

ollie27
10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Monday: check

broke out the ol WATP video and did 4 Fast Miles. re: stepping it up this last week of the challenge...

luvmyinnerdemon
10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Hey everyone i am new to this site!

Im going to try and do some cardio at least 3 times this week and keep drinking my water (100 oz!) im trying the divide your weight by 2.

How is the 30 day shred? I am very interested

ollie27
10-29-2008, 10:46 PM
hi slackers!

hi luvmyinnerdemon! welcome to the site. can't tell you much about the 30 day shred. jillian micheals scares me.

well, this week the fit is starting to hit the shan at school and my nose has been in the book for the majority of the week. my eating is on point and i'm still waling to and fro school. what more can i ask right now?

jandaman
10-30-2008, 08:38 AM
ooooooooooo, i luurve jillian! *wistful* wish she would whip me into shape....sigh.

Robot
11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Me being the queen of slackers, I was actually proud of myself today. My sister and I wanted to vote early, and since today was a warm day, we walked to the nearest polling place. It was nice and refreshing, and probably the most exercise I've gotten in a month. I had to wait 2 hours in line though.

ollie27
11-02-2008, 09:01 AM
kudos robot. ain't nothin like a good walk. speakin of which i walk a few miles every sunday to my volunteer gig. that's my exercise for the day. and if i'm going to lose 9 pounds by the week of solstice this thread has to be my new best friend.

Robot
11-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I remember when I did volunteer work. I can't believe how productive I was only a few years ago.

ollie27
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
so i got inspired by the new challenge and did 30 minutes of cardio after i got in from my walk/gig/walk.

robot i remember how unproductive i was 3 years ago. eh, everyone has there ups and downs. hang in there, mon ami.

ollie27
11-03-2008, 09:21 PM
got in 30 minutes of cardio today. wasn't everything i hoped and dreamed it would be, but it was something.

ollie27
11-05-2008, 09:43 PM
i missed yesterday as i had to read an entire novel for school and then as soon as i closed the book the election was called, so i was glued to my monitor.

however, just sneaked in 30 minutes of cardio. i so wish i had time for more.

i realize that i'm probably just talking to myself by now, but if it helps me exercise, it helps me exercise.

cheers!

Robot
11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
You're not talking to yourself, Ollie. I'm still trying to get off my butt and dedicate 20 or 30 minutes to exercise. I should start out with some light yoga, and then go from there.

jandaman
11-06-2008, 11:42 AM
hey ollie..mos def u r not talking to urself...i'm just too embarrassed to keep posting how truly slacker-like i am. i do walk or bike everywhere but have not done anything physically challenging since i donno when. BUT! i won a 7day free trial for curves..gonna check it out.

ollie27
11-06-2008, 08:17 PM
aww, thanks guys.

robot - i love suzanne deason yoga videos. heard of her? very peaceful.

jan - i walk everywhere too and most days it's pretty easy to count that as exercise and be done with it. i'll admit my slacker arse hasn't done anything today. prob is, the end of the semester is coming and i'm so nervous about gaining while sitting on me arse writing seminar papers, which also leads to binging on crappy foods.

yeah my lil 30 minutes every now and then of cardio is something, but it ain't doin much.

we all need a good swift :kickbutt:

Robot
11-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I haven't heard of Suzanne Deason, Ollie, but I'll definitely check out the videos. I have a few Rodney Yee videos packed away in a box somewhere.

powersmatti
11-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Haha, you guys are great. I feel like such a slacker. I mean, I live on a campus with a gym literally two buildings over, yet here I am. I guess at least its a weight loss site. Oh who am I kidding? I'm going over to the gym for a while!

ollie27
11-10-2008, 08:17 AM
so i got up this morning an hour earlier (which i need to do regardless) and did a workout video at 7 in the morning! :yay:

that's the first time that's happened in a long friggin time. months. now if i can do it everyday this week...

Robot
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I did the same thing, Ollie. I woke up early and did a workout. I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and now my body feels like jello. Now I need to crawl into the shower and try to recover.

ollie27
11-10-2008, 10:17 AM
robot :high:!

Robot
11-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Our brains decided to use telepathic powers to wake up early and workout

ollie27
11-10-2008, 07:16 PM
hells yeah! same time same place tomorow?

well, i did another 30 minutes as soon as i got home. so there. 30 minutes as soon as i wake up and 30 minutes when i get home. i can do this. i spend that much time checking email in the morning/evening.

Robot
11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Rock on, Ollie. You are hardcore.

ollie27
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
robot - eh, one good day doesn't qualify as hardcore, but we'll see at the end of the week. so, i am thinking about giving this 30 day shred a go. what size weights if any does it call for?

Robot
11-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Ollie, It didn't specify a weight, but I recommend 2-5 pounds as a start. Even with light weights, my arms were on fire. I think it's because I am severely out of shape.

jandaman
11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
rock on ollie and robot! keep it up and u'll be all lean and mean for winter solstice instead of flabby and crabby like the rest of us (i mean me)
love to join youse guyse but my back's thrown out so no workout possible....mebbe physiotherapy counts?

Robot
11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh no, jandaman. I hope your back feels better.

I did 30 Day Shred again. I felt a little sore when I woke up, but I sucked it up and continued with the workout.

ollie27
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
jan - that sucks, dude! what's up with you and all your woes? here's lookin at you, kid.

robot - :bravo:

i woke up and did 30 min of cardio and hope to do 30 more before i hit the hay. we shall see...

Robot
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Another day of Shred done.

ollie27
11-13-2008, 12:44 AM
another day of rolling outta the bed to do a video. what a long friggin day. just got home from school:faint:

Robot
11-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow, Ollie, I hope you get some sleep.

ghost
11-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I DID IT! I managed to make it to the gym and do cardio for the first time in the month of november. Someone pat me on that back!

Robot
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Yay, ghost! I'll virtually pat you on the back.

As for me, I'm sick, but I'm still planning to do another day of Shred.

Robot
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
OK, I did another Shred. I'm glad I did it; it made me feel a little better.

ghost
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
good job! now I'm a little more motivated to go and get er done again today.

ollie27
11-13-2008, 10:18 PM
well, i missed my cardio today. it's a little after ten and i have been working on a project all night. i thought for a minute there i'd be motivated to do one now, but man oh man, i just want to crawl in bed. but i've ate well all week, so i'm still positive about this whole thang.

here's to hoping i roll outta bed into some spandex in the morning.

robot - you're doing so well! i'm so proud of you!:)

Robot
11-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks, ollie. You only missed one day and it was for a good reason. When you finish with your project, get some sleep, and then do some morning cardio.

ollie27
11-14-2008, 07:55 AM
:coffee:

i got the spandex on and about to hit play. have a good friday everyone!

ghost
11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I managed to do cardio again last night, yeah!

Robot
11-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Rock on ladies!

I did another day of Shred. It gets a little easier. It's still hard as ****, but I get through it.

Robot
11-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I finally got another day of Shred in.

ollie27
11-16-2008, 10:58 AM
so i netflixed this shred thing and will try it out this week. we shall see!

jandaman
11-16-2008, 01:00 PM
hey wimmenfolk..will start 30 day shred as soon as i am able..thx for the inspiration y'all.

Robot
11-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Ollie, good luck with the Shred. I know you can do it! Speaking of it, I did it again today. 7 days in a row!

ghost
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Robot: great job on 7 days in a row! you are rocking it!

I managed to do cardio no friday and sunday, so I'm proud of myself. I have a cardio date with a friend tonight so we can motivate eachother to go longer and harder.

Robot
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Shredded again today.

Robot
11-18-2008, 10:27 AM
It was soo cold this morning, I just wanted to stay under the blanket. Then decided that working out will help me not be cold. So, another day of Shred was done :) .

ghost
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I did cardio again last night, making it two days in a row...and I totally plan on doing it again tonight for a three day cardio streak, and I need it because we had an office birthday party and I had a piece and a half of pizza and a piece of ice cream cake. Shame shame shame.
Great job on another day of the shred Robot! I agree, working out does heat you up nice, thats why its so easy for me to get motivated to work out in the winter time. Summers...eh...too hot and sticky!

Robot
11-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Rock on with the cardio, ghost. OK, so you had some pizza and ice cream cake; you're only human. That cardio probably burned up all the calories anyway.

mauvaisroux
11-18-2008, 10:47 PM
1 hour of dog walking (split into 30 minutes in am and pm)
1 hour of bellydancing

Good going everyone! :cp:

Robot
11-19-2008, 10:15 AM
So today was my last day of Level 1 of the Shred. On to Level 2 tomorrow. I'm scared:yikes:. OK, maybe not scared, but I'm preparing for an even bigger butt kicking.

ghost
11-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I made it a three day streak! Now I'm going for four. I had some serious sweat issues last night, I was drenched by the time I was done, my whole back was wet and I had crescent shaped wet areas under each butt cheek...so not attractive! But even the men in the cardio room were impressed with my workout vigor, which makes me feel good. I've become a gym regular and people ask me advice on workouts, heart rates, how to use the machines and stuff. I like it!

ollie27
11-19-2008, 09:54 PM
well, i've had a helluva week with presentations/papers. thankfully, the last presentation was today AND i got this shred thing in the mail, so i'll see how that goes in the morning and report back. i only have two pound weights, i feel like i need to invest in some heavier ones...maybe i'll swing a cat around in each hand:)

:bravo: ladies! kickin arse and takin names

jandaman
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
MRROWWRRR! (supplying sound effects to hypothetical scenario)

ghost
11-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Lol @ Ollie and Jandaman!

I managed four days in a row! Now I'm going for five. But, I gained on the scale this morning. After effects from pizza? Did 71 minutes last night, was so sweaty by the end of it I was embarrased to walk through the lobby to go to my truck...I had under boob sweat, between boob sweat, under arm sweat, back sweat, butt sweat...it was bad...
it doesn't help that the cardio room is in a mezzanine above the pool, its like a steady 90 degrees F up there.

Robot
11-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Level 2 of Shred is a killer. Jillian isn't kidding when she said she wanted me to feel like I was going to die. My wrist is sore now. I hope it doesn't bother me too much tomorrow.

ollie27
11-21-2008, 10:19 AM
just finished Day 1 of this Shred thing. ummm...yeah...two pound weights are fine;)

Robot
11-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Ollie - Yeah, light weights are best. I only have 5lb weights, so it's intense for me. Speaking of which, I did another day of Shred.

jandaman
11-22-2008, 10:15 AM
ya'll're rockin! i can't wait until my back is realigned and i get doctor's permish to get punished by jillian meself!

Robot
11-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Another day of Shred done.

ollie27
11-23-2008, 02:09 PM
did the shred today. i skipped yesterday as i was a tad hungover (and sore!), but i think starting today i'm really going to attempt 30 days non-stop. thanks for the inspiration, robot!

Robot
11-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks Ollie, I try to inspire. It was this thread itself that inspired me to do the Shred.

Robot
11-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Shredded again!

Robot
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I am half way done with 30DS! Only 15 more days to go.

ghost
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
cardioed again, for 75 minutes, 5 days last week, sooo proud of myself and my energy level is pretty darn good.

Robot
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Yay, ghost, you're kicking butt with that cardio.

powersmatti
11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
I decided to peep into this forum. I'm pretty good about exercise I think. I mean, I do about 30-45 min. cardio everyday. I plan to increase that once I hit 200lbs and then again at 180 and 160lbs. I have a full weight room and cardio gym at college so there really is no excuse. There's all sorts of weight equiptment too. I do my arms and legs on mon, wed, and fri and my abs and back on tues, thurs, and sat. I also do crunches and stretch everyday for belly dance. Oh ya! I also have private belly dance lessons on mon. nights so I'm learning a real skill lol. I'd like to keep posting here from now on too if everyone's ok with it.

Well, look at the time. I need to hit the gym and go to belly dance. Ta ta for now!

Matti

ollie27
11-24-2008, 09:52 PM
day 2 of the shred done. even tho i have a paper due tomorrow at noon, which i have not started yet. that's dedication, holmes. my thighs are so friggin sore. i realize that up until now i have not done any strength training.

bellydancing sounds fun, matti. let me know how it goes.

powersmatti
11-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Belly dance is going great. This is my third lesson. My teacher (and college friend) had her own troupe in Egypt (where she is from). She really focuses on what I want the most. I picked out the style of belly dance I wanted to learn, which is American Tribal Fusion. Its very low-impact, slower belly dance. I told her I want to lose weight and firm up my butt and abs. I do a full warm up and ab, glut, and thigh workout. Then, we cover the basic techniques and build on them from lesson to lesson. Then we cool down and stretch. It can be very cardio heavy somedays, but it is more strength training and toning. Once I start doing routines it will be more aerobic. Until then I still do my cardio workout 30-60 min. per day. She also gives me "homework" which is crunches, stretches, and different variations of our workout to practice. Its nice to be able to see improvement from week to week as well as have a goal of becoming better. Plus, she keeps me accountable!

powersmatti
11-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh, and right on Ollie for balancing homework and workout time. It's not much fun. I have a paper due tomorrow too. I've dodged most of the pre-thanksgiving homework college is notorious for, but I still feel like I'm busy, busy, busy until Wednesday!

ghost
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
rocked the cardio room last night, I was all alone and bustin a move and singing my heart out...for 60 minutes.

I finally registered a loss today, down to 165, yeah!

Robot
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Shredded again!

Elwing
11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Did a great workout class. It was so heavy! It was like... 30 day shred, but then 50 minutes and also running around this large sports hall 20 times. I'm going to do that more often. It is so relaxed when you can just cycle somewhere and as soon as you are there there are no more excuses of sneaking away from your workout.

mauvaisroux
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Way to go chicks! :bravo:

Today - 1 hour walking, 1 hour bellydancing

ghost
11-26-2008, 12:45 PM
an hour of cardio last night, have to go again tonight because the center is closed tomorrow for the holiday.

Robot
11-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I did Shred again. I have a feeling I'll be doing it early in the morning tomorrow, because if I don't do it then, it'll never get done.

Robot
11-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Shredded again!

ollie27
11-27-2008, 03:12 PM
i did the shred today as well. actually i did it twice to make up for a couple of days going without. it's exactly 29 days until i head home for the holidays. my goal is to do it everyday until i hit the road. i may need a good :kickbutt: between now and then.

Robot
11-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Ollie - I can try to give you a virtual a** kicking of motivation if you need me to.

mauvaisroux
11-27-2008, 10:59 PM
1 hour walking.

ollie27
11-28-2008, 02:18 PM
sorry for the long post gang, but i'm thinkin this may help. i've just done the shred again. day 5. well, i'm counting it as day 5. and it's up to me to log in every day. and no more "skipped" my last day should be december 23rd. so there ya go. and yes, robot, virtual arse kickin is welcome:drill:

Day 1 done
Day 2 done
Day 3 skipped
Day 4 done (twice)
Day 5 Nov 28th done
Day 6 check
Day 7 done
Day 8 :(
Day 9 done (twice) i know, i know
Day 10 done and w/new 5 lb. weights!
Day 11 Level 2 Day 1 done
Day 12 check
Day 13 done
Day 14 Dec 7th done
Day 15 skipped. buuuut turned in a paper to my hardest class and celebrated by doing nothing!
Day 16 **** happens
Day 17 done
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22 Dec 15th
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 Dec 23rd

Robot
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
You'll totally kick major behind with Shred, ollie. Tomorrow is my last day of Level 2!

Robot
11-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Last day of level 2 of Shred. On to level 3 tomorrow!

Elwing
11-30-2008, 07:40 AM
I ran 30 minutes today! I had been slacking on my running for some time (though I did enough other exercise). But I had committed to hitting my 30 minute goal at the end of November. I had a party last night, didn't know what exercise to do today, and I thought: "You know what? I'm just going to try it even though my method says there are 3 other steps I should hit first." So, I just did it! It wasn't even very hard and I made a nice sprint at the end. I think running without stopping is better for me. Every stop is a point at which I can say: "Nah, I don't want to run any more. I'm going home."

Robot
11-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Finished my first day of Level 3 Shred. I was thinking of starting C25k in the next week or two.

Robot
12-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Still on Level 3 of Shred. I'm so proud that I haven't missed a day. I wish I could control my eating though. One step at a time, I suppose.

ollie27
12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
holy testicle tuesdays! just finished the first day of level 2 of the shred. i can barely type! wow, robot. kudos to you on how well you've done with this.:lifter:

katiecron
12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
i plan on a 12 minute gazelle (b/c it is so boring) and 30+ DDR. My problem is that the gazelle and playstation are both in the dark, dreary, lonely basement. it is difficult to force myself down there. easy excuse, i know, but there is no alternative for the placement of the TV and gazelle

Robot
12-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Ollie - You rock. Show those planks who's boss! I can't believe I'm on day 7 of level 3. I'm almost done! Then what? I'll be so lost. Maybe I'll do another go round.

Katiecron - Welcome!

ollie27
12-06-2008, 11:44 AM
thanks robot. those are definitely not my fav. 'specially the plank jumping jacks. ugh. actually everything is really hard. i realize that up until now i have done zero strength training. feels good.

welcome katiecron. whats a gazelle and DDR? i kind of wish i had my set up in the basement. i spend a lot of time kickin cats outta the way.

ollie27
12-06-2008, 04:24 PM
**** you pendulum lunges!

Robot
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Ollie - If you love those pendulum lunges now, you'll adore the jumping lunges in level 3.

Elwing
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with the plank exercises. But I notice it's getting easier already. Pushups are very hard on me too. I guess my arms are not very strong... but I can train them to be!

Robot
12-07-2008, 09:42 PM
So close to being finished with Shred, that I can taste it. Only 2 more days. Then I'll take a small break from it and then do it again for 30 days. I feel like a masochist because it's so painful at times, but it feels so good.

Robot
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
whats a gazelle and DDR?

This is a gazelle (http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/comfortforless_2028_36234581)
DDR is Dance Dance Revolution.

ollie27
12-07-2008, 11:34 PM
thanks, robot. i had forgotten i asked. what a pal. what a pal. i remember i tried ot do one of those gazelle things at the gym and lacked the coordination.

elwing, i'll take planks any day over all these friggin lunges.

so when i do lunges, especially those damned pendulum lunges, this muscle that maybe i didn't know was there cause i never used it before, starts screaming. it's right under me arse and right above my thigh. sorta in the middle of the *** and thigh. does this happen to you all? what is that? and anyone know of something i can do to strengthen whatever it is?

Robot
12-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I completed 30 Day Shred!:wl:

I'll probably start again in a week, but for now, I think I'll stick to some yoga or even a Turbo Jam video.

ollie27
12-10-2008, 05:37 PM
robot - you're my hero.

well, i've missed a couple days of the shred, buuuut i do think it was a tad bit silly of me to think i could do it during finals of my first semester of grad school. all i can do is the best i can do. i'm coming up for air from my papers and about to push play.

Robot
12-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Ollie, I know you're focused on your school work, so don't fret if you miss a few days working out.

I didn't workout today. I suppose a day off shouldn't do me any harm.

katiecron
12-15-2008, 02:39 PM
gazelle is totally boring to me, but DDR all week does not sound realistic...
Goals:
Su, M,T: DDR 45 min
M, W, Sa: Bootcamp video 20 min
F: Gazelle :( 20min

katiecron
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
robot - you're my hero.

well, i've missed a couple days of the shred, buuuut i do think it was a tad bit silly of me to think i could do it during finals of my first semester of grad school. all i can do is the best i can do. i'm coming up for air from my papers and about to push play.

I just completed my final semester of grad school. i had used school as an easy excuse to not get in shape for 2 years. now i have no excuses. CONGRATS to you for making such an awesome effort from the beginning of school

ollie27
01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
well, papers aren't due til may. yeah, this semester is shaping up to be as busy as all get out, but there's NO reason why i can't do the shred. 20 minutes every day. just finished my first day. crap, i forgot how tough this is....

Day 1 done Jan. 7
Day 2 done. still sucks.
Day 3 check sucks a little less
Day 4 done, twas a lil half arse, but still done.
Day 5 done
Day 6 done
Day 7 done
Day 8 done Jan. 14
Day 9 done!!!
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30

Robot
01-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Must start shred...now. I was uber busy today. I had to help my brother go to school and register for class. It was like waiting in line at Disney World, except no awesome ride.

Day 1 Done finally! Jan 17th
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30

jandaman
01-09-2009, 07:28 AM
swimming 2x for 1.5 hours
physio exercises every day 20 min- 60 min
yay!

bopeep
01-10-2009, 01:43 AM
This 30 day shred sounds like it's kind of fun/hard/tempting. Those of you that do it - do you do it in addition to using a cardio machine, or do you just do the shred? Does it make you too tired to do other sorts of exercise as well?

BP

ollie27
01-12-2009, 08:48 AM
bopeep - that's the beauty of it; it's 20 minutes a day. so far that's all i've done, but i'll throw in a 30 minute cardio video every now and then and some days i'll do the shred twice, but mostly its just the shred.

for me, it's not so much tired as sore. but that goes away. i like it. until i started doiing it i didn't realize how little strength training i had. it's good for a little bit o'everything.

although i did it this weekend everything else i did was pure laziness complete with a little soy ice cream.

Robot
01-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I did 33 minutes of Wii fit, so I'm excited to actually do something. My hand is feeling much better, but I'm paranoid about doing push ups. Maybe, I'll give it a week, and then continue with Shred.

TheTinGirl
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I just wanted to join...hope it's not too late?
My goal is this:
Mon: Morning Cardio/Upper body weights
Tue: Morning Cardio/Lower body weights
Wed: Morning Cardio/After work Cardio
Thr: Morning Cardio.After work upper body
Friday: Morning Cardio/After work lower

Sat/Sun: Don't screw up what you worked at all week. XD

So far I did go in this morning and do my cardio, yay! I went a whole week without the gym last week and felt horrible, so hopefully this is just what I need!

bopeep
01-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I did 30 minuses on my elliptical, and did 20 minutes of dance practice. I need to bump the dance practice up since my classes start next week (:woohoo:).

ollie - what do you need to do the shred (besided the DVD)? I have a floor mat and some light weights already. Do I need a step bench or anything? I don't know if I would do it every day, but it might be good for those days I'm too tired/lazy to do a longer workout...

BP

ollie27
01-13-2009, 11:42 AM
nope, that's all you need. at first i only had 2 lb. weights, so i had to go and buy 5 lb. weights after 2 days. and it's not exactly a dvd for, umm, tired and lazy days. it's pretty hardcore.

bopeep
01-15-2009, 01:46 AM
nope, that's all you need. at first i only had 2 lb. weights, so i had to go and buy 5 lb. weights after 2 days. and it's not exactly a dvd for, umm, tired and lazy days. it's pretty hardcore.

:lol:

So I might be biting off a muuuuch bigger bite than I thought if I get this? :D It's funny, but when I'm lazy, I feel more lazy about the time a workout takes then the energy it takes. It is so very tempting - I'm going to have to have a look around and see if I can find it locally. I have 2, 5, 8, 10 and 12 pound weights, so I think I should be all set then. I like my 2 pound weights though for fast stuff - they're padded, so when I konk myself with them I'm not bruised too badly! :o

BP