20-Somethings - Weight loss buddies!

View Full Version : Weight loss buddies!

JamieJo
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey all - New to this message board deal...

I want a weight loss buddy! I am looking for someone(s) to keep each other on track with similar weight loss goals. Would like to share meal plan ideas and daily work out plans! I am 27, 5'6 and 165 pounds. I want to loose 25 pounds by Jan 15th. I want someone (or a group) that will kick each other's butt and keep each other motivated! Any takers???

Scorpio1986
09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm 5'6" and about 165 to 170. I have an old scale so I'm not sure. Jan 15 sounds like a good goal. I've been trying to lose weight but haven't been able to get myself on a permanent schedule (ie, eat well most of the week, eat ridiculously much on the weekends....friend invites me to dinner, i go crazy...try to exercise but it ends up only being about 2x a week...i think it should be more like at least 4 times a week.)

I'm almost 22. I think it sounds like a good idea. How should we go about keeping in touch?

JamieJo
09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I feel like I was just reading about myself!!! (Do pretty good most of the week - go CRAZY on the weekends, have great intentions of exercise but literally ends up being 2X per week!) Too funny!

Do you want to just keep in touch on this message board page for now?

How did you find this page? What state do you live in? Have you ever been on diets before? What kind of exercise do you do when you do do it? What are your "triggers" i.e. gets you eating badly?

JamieJo
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Anyone else want to be buddies out there??

Scorpio1986
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I found 3FC looking for weight loss/health message boards. I want to be in this for the long run, not to look like Heidi Klum or whoever, but to be healthy and fit. I'm from the Chicago area. I weighed about 140 when I got to college, (but I used to be around 175 or so, I lost the weight unhealthily for the most part, ie skipping meals and such). I guess I gained the freshman 25. I was about 160 a year ago, but then I met my boyfriend and we go out to eat all the time. I think my problem is I treat myself with food and don't move enough, i.e., " Oh, dinner date with the boy Friday night, I deserve to order what I want, or All my girls are getting a margarita, I should too, or Ugh I don't feel like going to class so I'll treat myself with a frappucino as an incentive."

I used to do the elliptical (sparingly), but I find that I prefer the treadmill now. I;ve been on it for a half hour, running 2 5-min segments and walking the rest. I think I'm going to start walking for 45 minutes or an hour, while setting the treadmill to incline. I'm in school and work, so I always have some excuse like "Oh, I should be spending that hour studying, instead of working out." I think if I start waking up a bit earlier, I can work out then. The reason being nothing "pops up" early in the morning, but it does in the afternoon or at night.

So, what's your story? :)

JamieJo
09-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I found 3FC (Why do they call it that) the same way you did. I actually was watching my DVRed "The Biggest Looser" this morning and first went looking on their page for message boards - but there wasn't much on there for activity so I did a google search and found this page! Thank goodness!

I am also in this for the long run but have to reach my goal of 140 by Jan 15 because of that trip. That will keep me motivated! I also was abou 140 when I went to collage but got up to about 170 very quickly that first year. I joined the miltiary, and of course the weight came off...problem was that once out of basic training, I never wanted to do physical work again! :) So I got back up to about 170ish quickly. I did weight watchers a couple years ago and was down to 150 pretty fast...then had a baby. :) I weighed OVER 200LBS when I gave birth!!! OUCH!!! And easily got back to 165 and stuck here. I've tried going back to WW, but without my friends (whom I did it with the first time) I can't seem to keep myself motivated.

My biggest "trigger" is my husband. He eats constantly and terrible food (and never gains a pound.) It's hard too because he usually makes dinner and it's hard to pass up yummy, bad for me, food for something healthy when the bad stuff is right in front of me. I also am a closet fast food person and LOVE chinese food!

I work full time, am also in the Air Guard, on my last semester of collage and have a 17 month old so I'm queen at "I should be doing homework" when it's time to work out! I know it sounds crazy but the school is an online school and I'm able to do alot of it at work. And the guards thing is only once a month. So I really should not use the "I'm busy" card when it comes to working out. In December I'll totally be done with school and in April, I'm getting out of the miltiary (I can't wait!)

So yeah...I think that about sums it up! Tomorrow is our DAY ONE! Do you work out at a gym or at your home? Do they have an accurate scale there or do you have access to one? This morning I was 164.9.

I have a treadmill that I never use (and should) and a weight bench. I also own the Barry's Bootcamp DVD deal (which I LOVE.) I also have access to the gym nearby where I work (and never go there...)

My Goals (What are yours?)

My Weekly weightloss goal: 162 by next Sunday
Exercise Tomorrow: Walk during both breaks at work. (About 20 min each). Do the Barry's Bootcamp DVD (lower body) tomorrow night.
Food: Write down everything I put into my mouth tomorrow so I have to really pay attention to what I'm eating!

Scorpio1986
09-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Unfortunately, no scale here at school. I'll be home in two weeks.
I am going to bed by midnight tonight, and waking up early to walk 45 minutes on a 1.5 incline.

3FC stands for 3 fat chicks, the name of the website.

sxulcmnky
09-29-2008, 09:05 AM
hey ladies :D

i'd love to join in on this... i'm looking to lose 17 by christmas which is only a couple of months away, but i think i can do it... it's just going to be harder this time since i can't run yet (knee surgery ~1 month ago and then today i slipped going down the stairs and landed on the bad leg which made a pop noise and hurt like heck)

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome Sally! Great job on your weight loss so far!

So what are you goals for today? Eating and working out wise?

sxulcmnky
09-29-2008, 10:02 AM

and my goals for today are:

stay on track food wise (until i get my WW At home package in the mail which i ordered today, that means 1600 cals)

exercise = non-exisitent today... i moved this weekend WHILE being sick, then messed up my still healing knee as i tripped down the stairs this morning, and i have to go back to the old apt after work today to clean with my old roommates.... which leaves no time for exercise before bed... other than some "extra carricular" exercise that i'll have directly after work before hitting up the old place to clean :D

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I really like WW...BUT, it is very hard to do just at home....so if you have any questions or whatever, let me know! I track my eating by the points system of WW - at least I'm starting today. ;) I get 22 points per day but am going to try to stick to 20 for the error margin that I'm sure I have with some of the stuff I eat!

I plan to report on this board exactly what I eat each day and how many points it was so I stay accountable to you guys!:dizzy:

Watch them cals while conducting hte "extra carricular" activities!!! :)

sxulcmnky
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
lol... ya there's no cals consumed during that ;) only calories burned

and thanks :D i have a coworker here who's doing it and will help too :D

<- will report foodage too :D (with calories again until i get my kit)

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
OH!!! haha! And here I was thinking having a few drinks! I guess that does count as at least SOME exercise for today! :) haha!

sxulcmnky
09-29-2008, 10:35 AM
OH!!! haha! And here I was thinking having a few drinks! I guess that does count as at least SOME exercise for today! :) haha!
:D:devil:

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Today was a good day for me! Did the 25 min workout on the treadmil...it was raining all day so I could walk on breaks. But I did running and walking so that was good. I also did the Barry Boot Camp upper body DVD and ate well!
English Muffin with PB - about 6 points
banana - 2 points
Spec K bar - 2 points
Left overs - 7 points ???
More left overs - 7 points ???
2 bottles water - Will get another two in before bed
one diet coke

About 24 points - I'm really not sure how bad my "left overs" are. It's green beans, corn, carrots, hamburger, onions, and cream of mushroom. Can't be THAT bad?!

Tomorrow's goals: Walk for at least one break and do lower body DVD.

How did you guys do?

Scorpio1986
09-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Today wasnt good because i didn't exercise as planned. I'm hoping that I will tomorrow. I'll check in tomorrow evening.

sxulcmnky
09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
i failed... but not too bad considering i skipped breakfast and didn't eat lunch until like 3... then only had cereal for dinner and some snacks

yesterday's meals:

coffee - 70
2 PB Crackers - 400
coke 12oz - 140
honeycombs - 240
1% milk - 110
chicken lo mein - 200
6 fried dumplings - 420
100 cal reeses pack - 100

Total Calories - 1680
Over by 80

JamieJo
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Sally - How do you say you failed then? What's 80 calories in the big picture?? :)

Ok - Ladies - Today is going to be better for you both!

Scorpio1986
09-30-2008, 10:46 PM
No exercise today.
I have stress from school and work, and on top of that my roommates can be *****y sometimes. Ugh. Tomorrow is a new day...

sxulcmnky
09-30-2008, 10:53 PM
i hadn't done the math yet when i said that and just didn't go back and edit it out lol

today i did good :D i was under calories by like 50 or something. I'll write down what i actually ate today when i get to work tomorrow morning :D

YESTERDAY'S FOOD LOG:
coffee - 70
PB Crackers - 200
campbells Chicken noodle soup at hand - 80
diet pepsi - 0
gaterade - 130
5 triscuit thin crisps - 47
1oz almonds - 170
2.5 honeycombs - 300
1c 1% milk - 110
Bacon Potato Cheese Soup (Campbells) - 220

total calories - 1527
under by 73 calories :D

JamieJo
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Bad day for me yesterday.

English muffin - one side with PB, one side with jelly = 4 points
banana = 2 points
Spec K bar - 2 points
left over lunch = 7 points
Too many "drinks" AND popcorn!!! :( BAD BAD BAD

No exercise.... had a gal pal having a very bad day so I sat with her while she drank away her sorrorws!

That bacon Potato Cheese Soup sounds YUMMY. I think I need to get some of that! Is the whole can only 220 points?

sxulcmnky
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Bad day for me yesterday.

English muffin - one side with PB, one side with jelly = 4 points
banana = 2 points
Spec K bar - 2 points
left over lunch = 7 points
Too many "drinks" AND popcorn!!! :( BAD BAD BAD

No exercise.... had a gal pal having a very bad day so I sat with her while she drank away her sorrorws!

That bacon Potato Cheese Soup sounds YUMMY. I think I need to get some of that! Is the whole can only 220 points?

yup whole can was 220 calories.... YAY!

anywho... get back on that roll today chica... good luck!!!

JamieJo
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah - Today is week 1 day 2 on the C25K running deal!

sxulcmnky
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
i really want to get into that but i have to wait for my knee to completely heal... they said i won't be able to run/jog (do anything over 2.5mph on the treadmill) for at least 6 weeks

oh and i'm an idiot who doesn't do math well... (i always just say i'm too pretty to do math :D)... so ya.. the campbell's soup was 320 calories so i was over by 27 calories yesterday... still not bad though.

JamieJo
10-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah - Make sure you heal up before you start anything. No point in further hurting yourself!

I'm very much dreading working out today. I'm in that day after drinking too much mode...all I want is greasy food and to lay on the couch and watch TV. I'm not getting anything done at work today...obviously! :)

BUT, I will do it!! :)

sxulcmnky
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
i failed miserably yesterday. my mom had me come out to the bar with her. she wanted me to go so bad she came and picked me up (now that i live 1.6 miles from her it's easier for her to do so, rather than last week when i lived 25 miles from her)

so here's my food log:
2 coffee creamers 140
PB Crackers 200
100 cal reeses pack 100
beef barley chunky Campbell's 340
3 mini buirgers 300
french fries 660
Miller Lite (1) 90
2.5 honeycombs 300
1.5 cup skim milk 135
Total Calories - 2265
Over by - 865

oh ya and yesterday is when i changed my calories from 1600 or 1400... so that made it worse

luckily tomorrow i should get my WW Package in the mail and when i get home from work i will be reading up on it... and saturday my best friend is coming to hang out (mini-sleep over at the new place because she doesn't drive and since i moved, she is like 30 mins from my place verses before when she was 10) and she is going to read up on it and see if it's something she would be interested in. she can just get the calculator from ebay and share my materials. She weights ~240-260 so she has a lot to lose and it makes me feel good that she looks to me for advice since i've already lost ~40lbs (before i gained back)

JamieJo
10-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Ouch Sally - We really need to kick ourselves in the *** today. I did horrible too. I was a little hung over so ate bacon, eggs, hashbrowns AND toast. Then last night we went to the Olive Garden...soup and salad...then no working out last night. AND, I found where my husband hid the scale, stepped on it, and was not happy. I just want to break that 160 mark!!!

So yeah... I need to get on the ball. I think I might try this calorie counting deal...

sxulcmnky
10-02-2008, 02:30 PM
it's not a bad thing i lost ~40 on it...

so ya.

and we really do need to get back on track... tonight i'm staying in and i still have ~600 calories left... 300 will go to my bowl of cereal i eat EVERY NIGHT when i get home (it's my comfort food or something) and the rest will go to something else... just not sure what that something else will be... maybe a sandwich?

JamieJo
10-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I'll probably try to track calories now but will always keep up with WW points. It's just inevitalbe that I know how many points I'm eating all the time!

lunabella
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey girls! So I'm a bit late in finding this thread but I'm in DESPERATE need of someone to help keep me accountable. I did really well over the summer and lost about 12 pounds (from 149 to 137) and was very happy with everything. Unfortunately, when school started back up everything went to ****. My boyfriend moved back down here and I practically live with him, and he loves to cook and eat everything under the sun and he absolutely cannot gain a single ounce. I, on the other hand, have to watch what I eat and it's soooo difficult to stay on track with how busy I am and constantly stressed and having crappy food all around his apartment.

I've thankfully been able to maintain between 137 and 140 since classes started back up, but I am back to feeling fat and down about myself and upset that I didn't keep up with how well I was doing. I've been pretty good about exercising, but still not as good as I should be.

I need a swift kick to the ***!! And some serious motivation, cuz I'm definitely lacking in that department right now.

Mind if I join you? :)

JamieJo
10-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Alright Lunabella - I guess you can join us! ;) haha! OF COURSE YOU CAN.

So tell me....what are you eating plans today and work out plan?

lunabella
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome :-D

This morning I had oatmeal for breakfast at about 11 (didn't have time to grab anything before class), then I had a grilled chicken sandwhich for lunch an hour or so ago. I'm going grocery shopping when I get off work so I'm thinking of grabbing a salad from the salad bar for dinner and picking up everything I need to get back on the EFS diet that worked so well for me at the end of summer.

As far as exercise goes, I have a flag football game at 10 tonight so I'll be doing a decent amount of running there. . .it's kind of a short game tho so if I have time before the game when I get back from the grocery store I'm going to run a mile or two. Tomorrow will be Day 1 of EFS and a 5k (3.1 mile) run. . I'm running a 5k race with my dad next Saturday so I have to make sure I'm feeling confident!

Hope the hang over went away and didn't sabatoge you too much . . I know EXACTLY how that goes!! lol

sxulcmnky
10-03-2008, 08:11 AM
good morning ladies!

i did good yesterday... only over my 1400 calories by 25 :D

2 coffee creamers - 140
Carnation Instant Breakfast w/1c skim milk - 150
Strawberries & Cream oatmeal (1pack) - 30
Campbells Chunky Chic. Broc Cheese w/Potato Soup - 400
coffee - 70
PB Crackers - 200
2.5 honeycombs - 300
1.5 cup skim milk - 135

Total Calories - 1425
Over Calories by 25

JamieJo
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Sally - I'm surprised that you aim for 1400 calories per day. In talking with the calorie counters I figurd that I should be aiming for 1500. Why did you pick 1400? Did you get your WW kit yet? I think I should just stick to counting points...

I did good yesterday too - First time since Monday! ;)

Two 6 inch turkey subs from subway - 630 calories (I had cucumbers, lettus, and pickles) How many calories did this add?
2 diet cokes
4 bottles of water
brown rice/broc - 500 calories
3 mini corndogs - 200 calories
Ice cream sandwich - 250 calories
Total - 1580 - Over by 80.

Did week 2 day 1 of C25K and really enjoyed it...looking foward to working out today!

I did, however, sneak a peek at the scale this morning and was dissappointed. :(

sxulcmnky
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
i didn't sneak any peeks at the scale today... as a matter of fact i have it off the floor and in a cabinet so i don't just hop on it whenever i go to the bathroom :D but the other day i weighed and i was at 191... so ya... i hope i'm at least back at 187 on sunday

and for the calories... i chose that number based on the ballys nutrition site... i go to their gym and it's a free perk thing with it.... when i stopped calorie counting before i was at 1450 calories... figured cutting those final 50 wouldn't be too hard... and it really hasn't (so long as i stay away from the bar lol)

I will have ~600 calories left after work today... and at least 100 will go to a miller lite because i need a beer after this week... i'll probably still only have one though :D

My kit gets delivered today. when i got to work at 630, the UPS site said it was on the truck for delivery.... which means it should be on the porch when i get home :D YAY!!! I'm super excited to plow through the information!

good job on the calories yesterday!!!!! as for the finding out about how many calories the veggies added, check out this site (http://www.nutritiondata.com/)... it was a god send when i started to calorie count.

the next book i'm buying is The Complete Book of Food Counts... it has EVERYTING in it :D

lunabella
10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
hey ladies!

so I didn't get to go to my football game last night, I had a KILLER migraine and was attempting to study for my marketing exam with it and needless to say it took me a long time to make sure I knew all the stuff I needed. I did do well with eating tho, so that's a plus.

Here's what I've eaten so far today:
10:00am-
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (egg whites only) scrambled with a pinch of salt
1 cup skim milk
an orange
12:00pm-
1/2 Balance bar
Mountain Dew (needed caffeine before my exam and I forgot to pick up diet soda last night so it was all that was in my bf's apartment that had caffeine in it)
3:30pm-
pear
6:15pm-
small salad w/3 tbsp low fat dressing

dinner tonight will be 1/2 cup of beans and 2 servings of veggies (my bf's a master of the grill so he'll be grilling a ton of veggies tonight to last me all week . . yay!) and then a snack later on

of course it's Friday night so there's going to be some alcohol involved tonight, but hopefully I'll be able to keep it to a minimum and still have a fun night

I'm planning on going for a run when I get home in an hour or so

Hope everyone's doing well and has a great weekend!!!

JamieJo
10-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey ladies - THe hubby got pizza last night. POOEY. And of course, I ate it. Too much of it. BAD BAD BAD. BUT, I did do week 2 day 2 of the C25K and this morning did day 3 of week 2, plus some and weights....so I think I'm okay....well, until lunch that I'm having with some old friends at the olive garden. I'm sticking with soup and a little salad though!! Weighed in at 162 though so that was okay. Tomorrow morning is my official weigh in so I hope it stays 162 or lower!!! :)

Have a great weekend ladies. Keep working out!

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Where did you guys go?

lunabella
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm here! Sorry, I'm never on a computer over the weekend unless it's for homework. I did pretty well this weekend minus some BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes) of food my bf was eating and some more alcohol than originally planned, but I'm down to 136 so I'm pleased :)

Saturday:
meal 1 - yogurt, blueberries, skim milk
snack 1 - 1/2 balance bar
meal 2 - 3 hard boiled eggs (I only meant to have one plus a salad but Iwaited too long to eat cuz I was out playing tennis for a long time and then was ravenous when I got back and boyfriend made 3 instead of 1. Oops. I left out the salad to kind of make up for it.)
snack 2 - other 1/2 balance bar
meal 3 - 4 oz grilled chicken, mushrooms
meal 4 - baby corn, green beans, 1/2 cup black beans

Sunday:
meal 1 - packet of oatmeal, orange, skim milk
snack 1 - pear
meal 2 - 1 cup black beans, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup salsa, 4 oz grilled chicken chopped up (mix it all up and it tastes like a taco! yummy!)
snack 2 - apple
meal 3 - mushrooms and green beans

Today has also gone pretty well. I got up late (skipped class due to a migraine) so I ate yogurt with blueberries and had a glass of milk around 11:00. I'll have half of a power bar at about 1 or 2, depending on when I'm hungry. At 4:00 I'll have a protein shake then hit the gym at around 4:30 or 5:00. A little after I get back from the gym I'll have a salad with egg whites, then 2 or 3 hours after that I'll have a turkey burger with 1tsp of ketchup and 1 cup of brown rice.

I'm running a 5k on Saturday morning with my dad, and I'm a little stressed about it because I haven't gotten in nearly as much training as I was planning. Things are just so hectic it's hard to find the time. I've been staying active but not running like I should have been. After Saturday I'm going to keep running but I definitely need to add some weight training into my plan but I am not really sure where to start.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

kimberlyw
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi all! I am about to post an intro in another thread but wanted to pop in here and see if I could get hooked up with a buddy as well:) I am Kim, 27 years old, 160lbs currently and would like to get back down to 114 but would be happy at 120! I have four kids (my youngest was born September 4, 2008) and have been married 10 years:) I started putting on weight when I was preggo with my third and never lost it all. I need the support to stick with the exercise and the healthy eating! Thanks!

Oh, I started today with diet and exercise (well, I haven't done the exercise yet - I will when I am done with this post:) So far for breakfast I had 2 cups coffee and 1/2 cup of loose granola. For lunch the plan is icerburg lettuce with ham cut up on top - YUMMY. For snacks I have yogurt and laughing cow cheese. For dinner I plan on another salad or a veggie burger.

jahjah1223
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I would LOVE to lose 20 pounds by jan 15 count me in!

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Lunabella - You're lucky. I didn't want to have to come hunt you down for your update! :) Great job on the loss. I weighed 161.9 on Sunday morning (official weigh in day) and Sat was day one of TOM so I think I'm doing pretty good. I ate pretty badly all weekend so I'm not going to list it out! :) But today, I'm back on track. Going to do week 3 day 1 on C25K tonight too! I REALLY hope to be 159.9 (at least) by next Sunday. I just HAVE to break that 160 mark!!! ERRRRR!!!! BUT, my birthday is Thursday and I already know will be a BAD diet day....oh well, only comes once a year.

Welcome Kim! We are right at the same weight! Sounds like you are all started with your eating plan! Did you work out today??? :)

Hello Yahyah, again... :) haha! Are you going to run around naked if you loose the 20 pounds?? :) (For those of you reading and think I'm crazy, her and I were talking about this on another post...) :)

jahjah1223
10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Hello Yahyah, again... :) haha! Are you going to run around naked if you loose the 20 pounds?? :) (For those of you reading and think I'm crazy, her and I were talking about this on another post...) :)

Haha i promise i will .

kimberlyw
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
JamieJo: I just finished my exercising and had a yogurt for a reward LOL! I don't think I have ever ran before without something chasing me! That was hard to start doing! I ran/walked for 35 minutes. I also did my own exercises that I have picked up over the years for another 30 minutes. I am so exhausted now and I need a shower again! My kids enjoyed it though! My ten yo, 8 yo, and 2 yo were running around the living room and kitchen with me almost the whole time - it was kinda fun! I hope to stick to it tomorrow too (I have a feeling I may be a little sore in the calves though). I stuck to the diet also - YAY ME!!!!!! It was a hard first step for me:)

JamieJo
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Great job Kim!!!!! Check out the Couch to 5K program. I've never been a "runner" but I've tried getting into it many times and failed just because I feel like I'm not doing enough to do anything....but I LOVE this C25K running deal! It has really kept me motivated. Yesterday I did week 3 day 1 and even stayed on the treadmill longer doing inclines and such. I was so damn proud! And this morning I saw 159.8 on the scale! Under 160!!!! I never thought I would see that again! YAY for me and Yey to all of us for doing this!!!!

kimberlyw
10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Jaime, do you have a link for that?? Where do I find info on it? I would very much be interested:) Thanks!

JamieJo
10-07-2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Here ya go!

lunabella
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
good job on the first step kimberlyw! I'm sure you'll be able to keep it up :) and remember, even if you're sore . . . pain is just weakness (and fat) leaving the body! haha. I agree with JamieJo, from what I hear the C25K thing is great for people who want to start running but have never really done it before. Just google "couch to 5k" to find some great info!

Congrats on the loss JamieJo!!! I bet it feels good to see a "15" at the beginning of the scale :)

I stuck to my eating plan last night except for a few ice cream Dibs that were just too tempting when my bf's roommate whipped them out. But I did go for a 3 mile run so I considered it a good day. This morning I didn't have time to make my breakfast before class so I ate my "snack" of 1/2 a power bar then made a veggie egg white omelet after class and had it with a glass of milk. Meal #2 will be a salad and an orange at about 2, then I'll have snack #2 (1/2 a power bar) around 5.

I'm planning to meet a friend at the gym at 6:30 for some classes and maybe get a short run in at some point.

Meal #3 will be 4oz of chicken and 1/2 cup of green beans after the gym. I'm meeting a friend at the library at 8 to study for a linear algebra exam (oh so much fun haha), so when I get home from that I'll eat meal #4 of 2 servings veggies and 1 cup of brown rice.

Hope everyone has a fantastic (on plan) day!!

JamieJo
10-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Gosh - I just can't imagine getting to where I can comfortably run 3 miles. I hope that day comes!!! Have you always been a runner or did you have to work up to it?

I've seen it on this site between other people but it really would be so cool to plan a trip somewhere with a bunch of people on here! I'm a travel freak....listen to me...geez...I already have a trip planned for Jan 09 and want to start thinking about planning another one....geez, geez, geez.....:)

lunabella
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I've never really considered myself a runner . . . in high school I played midfield in soccer so I was always running on the field and I did track to supplement that but ended up just being a triple jumper cuz I had bad shin splints and my coach wanted me to save my shins for jumping instead of wasting them on running.

Since I started college in '05 I haven't been that active, I only started running this summer. The first time I tried I really pushed myself and was very surprised at myself for being able to run 2 miles on the treadmill since I've always been convinced I'm not a long distance runner (and it had been forever since I had tried to run!). . . but I've found that I can't consistently run longer distances as easily as I did that first time.

Since then I've been training for a 5K that's this upcoming Satruday so I've been trying to run between a mile and three miles a few times a week. I've definitely had to work up to 3 being semi-comfortable. My trick is when I start running I tell myself I can walk if I make a certain goal, i.e. "if I run for 10 minutes I can walk for a minute," then when I get to 10 minutes I decide if I really need to let myself walk. I'll think "ok, I've made it 10 minutes and I'm really not as tired as I thought I would be, I'll go to 15 minutes and then walk if I need to". . then 17 minutes, then 20, etc etc. The trick is I need to really let myself walk if my body is telling me I need to or I won't be able to keep tricking myself to keep going.

Really I've found that every little bit helps . . .even if I am too tired to do what my original plan was (i.e. 2 or 3 miles) if I just start running and let myself stop after 1 mile, the next time I run I'll be able to go further. As long as I keep conditioning myself to run whether I feel like it or not it keeps getting easier.

Making sure you have a playlist that'll pump you up is also a big factor! If I'm listening to a slow country song I lose all motivation to keep going and feel really tired, but if I'm listening to an upbeat hip-hop song my feet seem to move themselves!

Just keep working at it and I promise that day will come for you! Even when I was running track the idea of running 3 miles was way too daunting cuz I was just a jumper and a sprinter. . .and now I wish I had made a habit of it way sooner!

You can do it! :)

kimberlyw
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Okay I have decided to do the C25K too! I am so excited! I went to Hibbert Sports and got a good pair of running shoes tonight! I am going to the gym tomorrow to run on the treadmill - I am counting yesterday's jog as day one of the program since I walked/ran for 35 minutes. So tomorrow will be week one day two of the program!

JamieJo
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Kim - HOW DID IT GO????? I'm sure you did very well.

Tonight is week 3 day 2 for me but I'm super soar from Monday. (I did more then the C25K-not sure where Monday's ambition came from...) But I HAVE to do it!

lunabella
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
yeah Kim, update us! How'd it go? :)

You can do it Jamie! Once your body starts moving your muscles will loosen up and the movement will help the soreness caused by lactic acid. . .so I promise you'll feel better after you do it! Just stretch a lot afterwards :)

I posted a super long-winded post in the october 10lb challenge thread so I'll try to keep this short since I know a lot of the same people are in both haha.

I've been doing well on my calories and eating healthy meals or snacks every 2-3 hours . . .but the temptation of my bf's food is SO DIFFICULT to resist as pms and stress is taking over my life at the moment. Uggghhh. I can do it!!

Yesterday I went to 2 classes at the gym (BLT: buns, legs, thighs; ABS: abs, back, strength) and am not nearly as sore as I was expecting to be. I'll consider that a good thing. Today's my running day, I'm hoping to get 2-3 miles done outside instead of on the treadmill . .but we'll see if I have time before the sun sets.

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of their day!

kimberlyw
10-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Jaime, I'll let ya know tonight after I have gotten back from the gym:) I am really excited though! My calves still hurt from running/walking for 35 min on Monday LOL!

JamieJo
10-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey ladies - So I had a so-so day. I did week 3 day 2 of C25K and again stayed on the treadmill for some more abuse. Luna, you were right. Once I got going I was totally fine. I need to get more controled with my food. I cheated ALOT last week and still lost but I know that I can't keep that up. I do pretty good when I'm at work but when I get home it's like a free for all... I don't really have much "junk" in the house but always seem to find something "bad..." Like today...I gave my daughter a gram cracker and had the thought that I wish I had some choc to put on one for me....then I dug out the choclate chips that have been in the back of the cupboard forever and ate a bunch of it. GEEZ...felt HORRIBLE afterwards but just couldn't resist. So then I had two 3 point bags of chips for what reason, I don't know... SO yeah. Enough about that.... :) BUT, on the more positive thinking note, two weeks ago I would have done all that eating, plus more without any working out so I guess I'm doing better then I would have two weeks ago. :)

Tomorrow's my birthday. I'm going to be 28. TWENTY EIGHT! I really don't know where the last 10 years have gone!!!! I've already vowed that I'm going out with my girlfriends tomorrow night and am not going to be "that girl" who is counting points tomorrow night! :)

kimberlyw
10-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Gah! Well, the gym never happened :mad:. Hubby is not being very supportive and it is really starting to piss me off considering that his snide remarks are part (okay the biggest part) of why I want to lose so badly :mad:.

Anyway, on a positive note, I have decided to buy a treadmill from Walmart and exercise at home. At least then Hubby can't interfere with my goals. :D I am getting it on Friday so I guess I won't really get to do any cardio or start the C25K until Monday :( I have to admit that more than a little frustrates me. Anyway, at least now there won't be any reason to not do it;)

Sorry you fell off plan Jaime, but if it makes you feel any better, as far the exercise portion of my weight loss plan, I haven't even gotten on the horse once! LOL!

I know I am going to stop buying junk food (Hubby will have to go to the store and buy his own if he wants any), because my kids aren't all that interested in it anyway and I certainly don't need it:) GL Jaime!

Lunabella, how was your run?? I am so jealous right now LOL!

I understand what you mean about the BF's food being so tempting! I had a salad for dinner while my hubby made fishsticks and mashed potatoes (is there anything more unhealthy???!) and proceeded to sit next to me in the living room to eat (I had gone out there to eat to avoid any temptation). I really wish that he would be a little more supportive.

He says that I look great and sexy and all that, but we got into a fight a week ago and I called him a not-so-nice name to his face and his comeback for me was "You're a fat cow". So how can I ever believe that he thinks I am pretty at this weight now??? :?:

Okay I am done ranting now:) Have a good night ladies - I am heading to bed early.

smallification
10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Happy birthday, JamieJo!

JamieJo
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Ah Kim - You're story, although depressing for you, made me laugh this morning. Been there, done that! My husband is really good but while I'm eating something healthy, he's making something in the deep fat fryer! And I'm sure he doesn't think you are a "fat cow!" He just knew that was a comment that would really get to you which was why he said it! :) I'll look forward to you getting that treadmill. I love mine!

lunabella
10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
happy birthday Jamie!!! I hope you have a blast tonight! From what Jillian Micheals says, the best drinks are clear alcohol with a diet mixer (they have more calories than say a Mich Ultra but they have less carbs and you will feel them more so you don't have to drink as much) . . .I'm partial to a vodka tonic, but I hear that vodka and diet coke (aka "a skinny b****" from what a bartender friend told me) is pretty yummy.

Unfortunately, Kim, my PMS got the best of me last night and I was curled up on the couch with my stomach in knots and a cold washcloth on my head. I did do a good bit of walking yesterday around campus and running errands, but by the time I was supposed to go for a run I could barely stand. I also gave in to a serious salt craving that I was having, but only by having a handful of baked Tostitos after my 3rd meal . . to make up for it I didn't have my 4th meal (which was just supposed to be brown rice and veggies anyway. . .I had added extra veggies to my 3rd meal so I wasn't too concerned about it).
Today should be better, I'm armed with some Midol lol. I have a flag football game at 10 so maybe I'll get a 2 mile run in before that.

I'm sorry your DH isn't being very supportive. I'm sure that makes things way more difficult than they already are. Have you tried to talk to him about it? And as for him calling you a fat cow, I'm sure he only said that because you called him a name and he KNEW that a name like that would get to you.

I got in an argument with this b**** who was trying to convince my bf to sleep with her (an argument over his phone cuz she kept trying to contact him after both he and I had told her to go away and leave him and us alone) and she made a comment about my "gut" . . .and she's never even seen me. People just know how to hit a girl where it hurts. Next time he says that, tell him a part of him that could use some growing ;)

Edit:
Almost forgot to share my good news of the day . . .the scale read 135 this morning! Yay! I'm going to wait and see if it's still like that tomorrow before I change my info tho. Cross your fingers!

JamieJo
10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Morning ladies! Thanks for the birthday wishes and all that! :) And great job Luna on the weight loss! AND....nice picture! I want to look like you when I grow up! :) HEHE!

So, had a depressing morning. I was down to 159.8 on Monday and this morning I was back up over 164. I get it...I was VERY bad on Thursday and now that I've thought about it, not much better yesterday and no working out either day...so I guess I deserve it. It's just frustrating that I've been working so hard the last 3 weeks, finally saw under 160, just to have a bad day or two and back up where I started.... Thank goodness birthday's only come once a year.

I just don't see how I'll make the 10 lbs in October challenge now...I literally still have 10 pounds to go after my last two days....ahhhhhh.....so frustrated right now!!!!

We'll, back on the wagon today. Have to go to the store and get some healthy stuff and do week 3 day 3 on the C25K...

lunabella
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Where is everyone???

Guess what?? I ran my first 5k race on Saturday . . .I didn't walk at all and finished in 29 min 47 seconds!! Woop woop!!! I'm very proud of myself, I was very worried that I was going to make a fool out of myself during it but I think I might actually qualify as a runner now! yay!!

On a bad note, my weekend was HORRIBLY off plan. . so that +period=2 lb gain! Nooooo!! I'm really hoping it's just water weight and that I'll be back down to 135 in a day or two after staying OP. Wish me luck!

Jamie, thanks! I love this pic, it's one of the few new ones I have where you can really see my weight loss (I'm the one on the left, obviously, considering the other girl is a super tall and thin model-esque type! - she was bending down for the pic haha - But, I love her anyway lol). . .I'm glad you had a good birthday, and you'll get back down with a few days on plan, don't you worry! How's your c25k going?

And Kim, how's YOUR c25k going???

JamieJo
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey Lunabella - I'm not sure where everyone else went...I think they ditched us. :(

I would be so excited to run a 5K and not walk at all! Yesterday I did week 4 day 1 and almost quit a couple of times. But I made it. And I'm SORE today! Whoah. I sure hope day 2 goes better! :)

So you are doing the 10 pound challange in Oct too? Do you have 5 or point 5 left to go??? I have 6 pounds to go and just can't seem to break this 160/161 mark. I was really frustrated this weekend because I saw the scale say 167! ERRRKKKK!!! But it must have been water weight because I'm back down to 161.

lunabella
10-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey Jamie! I think they ditched us too :( It's cool, we can hold each other accountable!

After your post I realized that my signature was confusing (I didn't even think about that!) so I changed it . . . it's 5 more to go. I wish it was .5, that would make my life easier!!

I hope you can break your plateau. . maybe if you post what you've been doing regarding eating and exercising I can help you brainstorm ideas to bust through it! Two heads are always better than one :)

I hate that water weight can make that much of a difference on the scale!! I've been avioding the scale like the plague since my TOM has been here and I didn't eat that well over the weekend so I knew the water weight was gonna discourage me if I looked at the number.

I've been slacking on my exercising since my run on Saturday :( I've been SO busy, it's effing ridiculous!!! Last night was pretty dang stressful so I really want to go for a run today to let off some steam, but I had class at 9 and 10, I'm at work until 2:15, I have class at 3 and 4, and I'm going to a breast cancer fund raiser after that so I just dunno if it's gonna happen. Grr. Tomorrow I will definitely run.

On a good note, I've been eating well. . .minus the alcohol, dangit. But it's my last year in college, I'm not giving up the social life for weight loss. And I seem to be doing ok with alcohol still in my diet so I'm not that worried about it right now. Normally I stick to very low cal drinks (i.e. vodka tonics, vodka and diet cokes, Michelob Ultras), but last night after seeing an ex for the first time in a while I downed two Long Islands. Whoops! :) At least I ate super healthy throughout the day and had a good bit of calories saved for the night.

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Might I just say that I have both insane respect and admiration for the fact that you're both doing 5 k runs? I simply could not do that. I'm impressed with myself for getting my booty moving and walking 8,500 steps a day by skipping bus rides to and from campus... I can't even IMAGINE running 5 k. I'm hella impressed with you ladies, though. Well done!

Jamie:
What the heck? Your scale is mean, lol. Musta been water weight... at the same time, do you think your scale might be a little tempermental? 167 when you're actually 161?? Yipes. My scale used to weigh me super high if I set it down on carpet, or bathmats, is yours on a hard surface?

Either way, YAY for being down to 161! We're so similar in our goals, and where we are, I'd MORE than willingly join your little thread of two and get you guys to help me be accountable for my weight loss as well. ;)

Luna:
Ew, the accidental ex run-in. That's worth a couple of Long Islands. ;) Sounds like you're awesomely on-track tho!

I feel your pain about the social life... I'm in my last year of university, so I'm trying desperately to balance school, work, friends, weightloss and a long-distance relationship. Jesus, it's hard as ****, isn't it?

JamieJo
10-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Luna, I think I will start posting my food and maybe you guys can give me some food ideas. I've done WW in the past so I know how to count points so I TRY to do that. But, like last night, I was giving my daughter some chicken nuggets and HAD to have some... So those took me over my daily points.

Have you guys tried those "side dishes" in the "rice" area? I LOVE the chicken rice one. I put A TON of broc and carrot slices in it when I make it. I think there is 2.5 servings in the bag and each serving is around 250 points. But usually get 3, sometimes 4 meals out of one because of all veggies I put in it. So yeah, had that for dinner and for lunch today. I am also addicted to peanut butter. I have it every day on an engligh muffin in the morning. I will track everything today and report back tomorrow. :)

Jelbb - Welcome! Thanks for the credit, but I'm not up to 5K YET! I'm doing the C25K (couch to 5K) program and did week 4 day 1 yesterday...which killed me!

Oh - And I know I have a good scale. It's one of the fancy Weight Watcher ones and sits in the same place. I think my problem was that I didn't eat much on my birthday (last Thursday) went out and drank like I was 21 again, and then spent 2 days eating everything in site. :)

So are you girls considering that trip that "mckenziesmom" is planning?

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 02:33 PM
What trip is this now? And... if it's a trip, I'm willing to bet ten bucks that it's somewhere in the states. Huzzah for being above the border. ;)

Mmmmm, I love those side dishes like that. I wonder if they have wheat/gluten in them...
I'm doing kinda a combo of cutting out wheat and gluten, and also watching my calories and not eating junk.
Though, to be totally honest, I think the biggest motivator to cut out the junk is the anti-wheat thing, because all the junk I want has wheat in it... :D Cookies, donuts, cakes, etc., lol.

And hey, working your way up to a 5 K is more than I'm doing! CONGRATS, and keep going darling!

Oh, hey, I have a fancy Weight Watchers scale too, lol. It's glass and pretty, and lately is my best friend since the numbers keep dropping. Woo! :D

JamieJo
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
I bet we have the same scale! :)

Check out the side dishes. If I think about it when I'm home, I'll check the label and post. But I think they are just called "side dishes" and they come in little bags with many differen flavors. I LOVE EM.

Check out the thread about Meet and Greet. Click on "new posts" at the top and you should be able to find it. ;) Right now it's looking like the vote is VEGAS.

Scorpio1986
10-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Hi everyone...

Sorry I haven't posted.

Walked/ran for 45 min or and hour 3 times this week so far, and it's wednesday :).
Food has been ehhh.
But feeling good about the exercise!

JamieJo
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Last night I was horrible. Don't even want to discuss it! :(

Back on track today. C25K tonight. Week 4 day 2

lunabella
10-16-2008, 02:06 PM
jelbb - welcome!! Thanks for joining our little accountability thread :) And you know what? If you switched from riding the bus to walking, you ARE technically working yourself up to a 5k. . every little bit counts! Keep adding a bit more walking and eventually some wogging (walking/jogging) and then some jogging and you'll be running 5ks before you know it, I promise! It's really surprising how quickly your body adapts and how much you can do. . .I didn't think I'd EVER be running a 5k! Even back in high school when I was running track I considered myself a sprinter and that I'd NEVER do anything over a mile lol!

scorpio - welcome back :) good job on all the exercise!! I'm impressed!

Jamie - it's cool, no worries, we all have those nights ;) and you're handling it perfectly. . acknowledge that it happened, then move on to today with a clean slate. Hey, do you actually have a diet blog? When I try to click on your link it doesn't work :( The link that shows up isn't one for a blog either, it's something about a slider-scale, I think it might be a ticker?

All right someone seriously needs to kick my butt into gear, I haven't done ANY exercise since my race on Saturday. What is wrong with me???? For some reason my muscles aching as if I have exercised and my hip and knees hurt, but I haven't done anything since my race except walk around campus for classes. I have a flag football game tonight (the championship game!!) so that'll count for something, but I need to be doing something every day. Where did my motivation go?? Can someone please find it and send it back my way? I'd appreciate it.

I realized today that by reaching 135 I now only weigh 5 lbs more than my 5'11 boyfriend instead of almost 20 lbs! Yay!

JamieJo
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Hey Luna! Thanks for telling me about the blog thing. I do have one, sorta, and didn't realize that my link didn't work. I think it should now. :)

I think you're okay to take a few days off after running a 5K! Wasn't it you who told me that even those I was sore to get back on the horse and the soreness would go away?! Well, hop to it! :) You better have some exercise planned for Friday too! Have fun at that flag football game. I sure wish we had stuff like that around here!

Tonight is week 4 day 2 of C25K. So far today I had a 6 inch turkey sub with lots of veggies/no cheese and one of the tiny bags of peanut m&m's from the darn haloween candy! :)

So what do you ladies think of the whole 3FC trip to Vegas in 2010? Do you think you will go? I would like to go but am a little nervous about it. I think I would end up trying to get at least one of my girlfriends to come with me... :)

lunabella
10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
good for you on keeping up with the c25k! I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing in 2010 (I graduate college in May of '09) so I can't start planning anything for then haha. I don't even know what job I'll have or how vacation time will work or anything like that.

But I'll definitely see how it's looking as it gets closer!

Jelbb
10-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Luna:
Hmm. Me and a 5k. I just don't know, hehe.
But I downloaded a couple of audiobooks (TWILIGHT, YAY! :D) and I find they keep me entertained. I don't mind exercise at all, it's the boredom that I associate with it that really bugs me. Long as I can throw a book on on my iPod, I'd be happy to walk 10 K, lol!

LUNA! *swift kick in the butt* DO YOU REALIZE... how many calories you could be dropping by just a 15 or 20 minute run a day!?!?! WOMAN, you could be down an extra lb for that! NOW YOU GET YOUR BOOTY MOVING!!! Find a time tomorrow.. that you are GOING to go for that run!!!

...that was me. Kicking your butt. How'd it go? You feel motivated? Inspired? Ready to write a novel about me, as your mentor, forever? That was my goal. I know, I'm epic.

Scorpio:
Kudos on the exercise! Well, food can't always be perfect. Keep up the workouts, and a little more food effort next week, and the pounds'll be FLYING off. :D

Jamie:
Ahh, I think they need to have a Canada meet and greet. ****, you're from Wisconsin, it'd be closer for you to come to a Canada one, probably, anyhow. :D
...let's be realistic here, geography is not my strongest subject, and I'd have to look up a map to be sure of where Wisconsin is. But in an episode of That 70s Show, they drove to Canada to buy beer, and it didn't take them more than a day, so you can't be THAT far from the border, because TV = reality. *nods seriously*

Also, I'm ditto with Luna. I may well be moved to Ireland by then if me and the boy are still together... I'll be drinking Guinness and saying "Tanks" (thanks) and "Ah, yer Grand," (It's okay.) instead of drinking Maple Syrup and saying, "Yes, me and the mister bought our pet polar bear a few years ago, he's like part of the family now."

Oh, and LUNA.
Who are you in your display picture? I keep glancing at it, just because I'm so curious.. blue shirt? Black shirt. Blue shirt... black shirt...

kimberlyw
10-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Luna, sorry I haven't been on in a while. Hubby and the kids and I went out of town for the weekend and it has just been super busy with the move coming up in 3 weeks - YIKES!!!

I feel bad for saying this but the C25K hasn't even been started by me yet - I know shame on me! I can't seem to get to the gym to run - by the time hubby gets home I am too tired to go. Anyway, logistically it is just not a possibility right now with kids and moving and such. Hubby doesn't want me to get the treadmill until we move so that is postponed as well:(

However, he is considering buying the Nintendo Wii Fit for me - YAY!!! I could start that and do it for now until we move and get settled.

I forgot to mention that it occured to me that right after we move hubby is leaving in mid November and will not return until mid December for training so I will have to stop the C25K for almost a month due to lack of childcare.....I think the Wii Fit will work better until we get settled in NC and then I can committ more fully to the C25K. Thanks for asking though:) Does anyone on here know anything or have the Wii Fit??

Scorpio1986
10-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Walked for 45 minutes tonight, at 3.5 mph with a 1.0 incline. 1.5 was making my shins hurt in a weird way. Ok foodwise today, minus some halloween candy and 2 subway cookies...Oh and I'm going home this weekend so I'll check my weight. I worked out 3 or 4 times this week, its so sad that my life is such a blur that I cant even remember these things. So we'll say three to be safe. I'm going home this weekend and I'll weigh myself on my Wii Fit. We have two scales at home and they both say totally different numbers. So this week so far was ok foodwise and pretty decent exercise wise :) baby steps.

JamieJo
10-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Jelbb - YOU CRACK ME UP! Seriously! I think I would come to Canada just to get some laughs! Great motivation speech!!! Wisconsin is a state the shares its borders with Canada, yes. :) haha! Now that I think about it, I'm actually surprised that I've never been to Canada...just never had a reason to I guess. (Luna is the one on the left in her pic)

Welcome back Kim! My husband just won a Wii and I'm also considering getting the "fit" program... at least put in on the Christmas list if I don't buy it myself. Just the regular games on there were a good little workout. Tennis and the boxing anyways!

Great job Scorpio! I can't believe how many people have a Wii?!!?!? And you can weigh yourself with it? Oh geez...I need to get this program!

So for myself I saw 160.2 on the scale this morning, which I REALLY needed because I've been feeling pretty unsuccessful with this weight loss deal. Yesterday I did REALLY good with food...stuck under 25 points anyways. I also completed week 4 day 2 on the C25K. I almost quit a couple of times but I stuck it out! I started out the first 5 min walk at 3.1 and the running at 5.1. I pushed it up to 6MPH a couple times and even ended up running 2 more minutes at my final run at 6MPH just to see if I could do it! And I did it! Then I walk at 3.4/3.6 with a hand weight doing arm curls and tri curls. To end it I jump the incline up to 10 for as long as I can handle it. My treadmill is always at a 1.5 incline, which my husband HATES, but I don't really notice it anymore. Ended up spending 50 min total on the treadmill so I was pretty darn proud of myself. ;) I think I MAY have experienced that whole endorphin thing with that additional two min run following the 5 min required part at 6MPH. Two weeks ago I NEVER would have even attempted it. Is that what people mean when they talking about endorphins?

Jelbb
10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Jamie:
Look at you darling! You're so close to being under 160!!!! Congrats on the light weigh-in, that's so exciting for you!

Also, KUDOS for the 1.5 incline. I've heard that if you don't have it on an incline at all, that a treadmill makes it easier for you to run than just running outside... so to keep the benefits on par, you have to have at least a bit of an incline, so that's fantastic! Your hubby will just have to deal with the fact that it's making him healthier. :D

Also, well done with all of your exercise successes! ...would you believe that since I started this new attempt at weight loss, I haven't been to the gym once? I know, Luna, my pep talk is full of hypocrisy. :D ALTHOUGH, I have been skipping the bus and walking the 20 minutes to and from campus every day, so I'm not totally sitting on my bottom.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna boogie off to campus now. I've got another midterm to fail today. *snuffles sadly* :(

JamieJo
10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Good luck on the midterm!

I really dislike going to the gym, although I have free access to one here on the military post, but I still don't go there. I am always so uncomfortable and NEVER try to push myself when I do go. There are just so many more guys then girls and I feel like they are always looking at the girls there. So I'm glad I could afford the treadmill in my basement. I usually, actually always, end up in just my sports bra and shorts by the end! :) hehe

Jelbb
10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Haha, yeah, I'm the same way at the gym usually. I get really self conscious, which is why I adoooore my gym... it's called "Exclusively Women's" and guess what... it's exclusively for women. :D

And.. oh dear, I need luck. I should be studying right now, not browsing the forums. Gonna go do that, lol!!! :D

lunabella
10-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Haha thanks for that awesome speech!! I do feel motivated now! And as Jamie already told you, I'm the one in the blue shirt :)

Unfortunately I have to run off to class and didn't have time to post earlier today so this is gonna be really short but I'll come back soon with updates and personals :)

Hope everyone's having a fantastic friday!

sweetums4
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi! I've just started posting today. Put some intros out there, but I am also looking for a weight loss buddy. I figure the more I can motivate someone and the more I can be motivated by others, the better success I'll have! :)

I'm 27 years old, weigh 141 give or take 1-3 lbs on any given day...I'm 5'2. My goal is to lose at least 1 lb a week beginning Monday, Oct. 20, to reach a goal of at least 120 by 2/14/09.

Feel free to send me a private msg or try me on yahoo, if you'd like.

Scorpio1986
10-20-2008, 02:50 AM
I hate scales. I didn't get a chance to check my wii fit, but I have two other scales at home and they give me an EIGHT POUND difference. I go with the higher one. I lost five pounds of water weight over night apparently. I can't believe it. I hate scales so much and am happy I don;t have one at school. Going to soldier on with exercise this week, I am going to try an hour three days this week.

Good job ladies! Keep it up!

JamieJo
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Pretty frustrated here this morning. Had drill this weekend and as always, it puts me way off my weight loss goals. There was a lot of physical stuff going on but there is always too much BAD food around too. I completed week 4 day 3 of the C25K but the scale was also up this morning to 163. I'm hoping it is water weight from the beers I had Sat night... :(

kimberlyw
10-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Jaime, I worked out with the Wii Fit twice already and I am totally in LOVE:) It is such an awesome program and I am actually having FUN doing it!!!! I think I could do this everyday! If you have the money, I would STRONGLY suggest getting it!

Let me tell you, you can not cheat on the Yoga section of it! It measures your center of balance so you have to do the pose correctly and it BURNS! I am so sore - but in a good way because I know that I did the workouts correctly this time! I love this program so much!!!!

JamieJo
10-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks Kim! I might have to get it. If not, it's on my Christmas list!

Scorpio1986
10-21-2008, 02:29 AM
I love my Wii Fit too! The Wii is my brother's though, so I can't take it to school. Definitely will be using it come winter break!

Today I walked on the treadmill for an hour while reading for school. Obviously it wasn't a tough workout, but i broke a sweat and people came in after me and left before me which is a good feeling. I did a 1.0 incline. 1.5 at first but my shins felt funny so I went down to 1.0. I also ran for 5 minutes of that hour, after I finished reading.

Stay strong ladies!

JamieJo
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Great job scorpio! Whrere is everyone else???

Completed week 5 day 1 yesterday. Thought I just might die...but I made it! I'm pretty confident on day 2 but day 3 is running straight for 20 mins. I know I'm not ready for that yet so I may have to do week 5 day 2 a couple of times! ;) AND, I avoided the scale this morning. WHICH IS CRAZY because that is usually the first thing I run for in the morning. I'm going to attempt to wait until Thursday morning to weigh in...but well see!

kimberlyw
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Okay, been working out for 1 hour everyday on the Wii and I am now down to 150lbs!!!!! I quit the diet - I can't keep track of all those calories, but I seem to be losing fine just eating healthy and exercising! I am soooo happy!!!

JamieJo
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
W T G Kim!!!!

Scorpio1986
10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
So...I think I have acid reflux...and my 22nd birthday was yesterday so i think this is a sign that I'm getting older and have to watch what I eat even more carefully. My weight barely budged from last weekend and I worked out a good couple times. Hmm...I don't quite understand, perhaps it's muscle starting to build up. I honestly feel healthier though and I swear I look slightly more slim. I'm going to keep it up anyway...

Scorpio1986
10-27-2008, 01:26 AM
I was on the treadmill for 20 minutes today, 5 of those minutes were running minutes and I didn't even feel winded at the end of them. Looks like I;m getting stronger. Unfortunately, we only have 2 treadmills and 25 floors of people in my building so i was checking for two hours until I finally got a free one. By then, it was getting late and I had hw left. Food wasn't the best today, had KFC but probably less than the old me would have ate. I'm considering journaling what I eat again, perhaps that will help. Also, my sister asked if i wanted mcdonalds today and i said no without even thinking about it. and then i realized that i did that and was pretty happy. Also, im going to try not to eat after 9, i did have some frozen corn (130 calories i think), but im going to allow myself to eat veggies or fruit after nine if im hungry. baby steps, baby steps...

sxulcmnky
10-27-2008, 08:51 AM
i went hiking at Great Falls yesterday for 4 hours... logged about 3.5 miles on my pedometer and that was with going around and climbing on the rocks

JamieJo
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey guys!!! I've completed week 5 day 3 on the C25K which I was very excited about on Friday! I never thought I would be running for 20 mins straight! But I did it! Scale is going between 159.3 and 160.4 all weekend. Really hope to see a solid 2LB loss this week!

Scorpio1986
10-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Treadmill yesterday for 20 minutes, tonight for 30. Felt so tired before I went on the treadmill tonight, but have some energy now surprisingly. Too bad I'm not a morning person, i sure could use that extra boost during the day.

I didn't eat so great as usual. I have acid reflux too so i should be watching and planning what i eat but this time in the semester is hectic so i slack off.

Starbucks muffin
2 caramel macchiatos with skim milk
starbucks yogurt parfait
mcdonalds cheeseburger happy meal
hummus and veggie pita sandwich
snapple green tea

Way over 2000 calories I'm sure. Ugh...and tomorrow I can't go grocery shopping either because i work all day and have a group project to do right after. I feel unhealthy minus the working out part.