Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #1  

Question What motivates you?

Lately I have been feeling so unmotivated to go to the gym or even to eat heathy. I am pretty sure it is all the bad food I am putting into my body that makes me feel this way but I just can't seem to break through this. I want so much to lose the weight but I just can't seem to want to do it. I guess I am just wondering what makes all of you motivated to get out of bed and keep going.
Linzy
Lindzy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #2  

Height: 4' 10"

I'm sure all of us have been at the point that you are, that's what got all of us to where we're at. I was at that point for years, I just didn't care. Then you make a move to start, which is a Huge step! Once you start eating better, you'll find all kinds of energy you didn't used to have. Then as time goes on you see the scale move, feel changes even if you can't see them yet, fit into something that was too tight or someone will ask if you've been losing weight and it can inspire you to keep going. But the biggest changes can be inside your body where you can't see what's happening. Just take it day by day and things will get better!
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I agree with Dolly.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Because if I stay in bed all day and eat all the chocolatey things I want to, I'm not going anywhere soon. I know the only way to lose weight is so become healthy and get moving, thats the only way to it, so that's what I'm doing. Where does the motivation come from ? I just think of how great I'll feel after I've worked out, or made a healthier choice or how good it will feel to see a healthy number on the scale. Also setting small and realistic goals for yourself because when you hit them you feel positive and motivated to continue going forward and hitting new goals.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 394/See Wt Tracker!/180

Height: 5"10

Ok...What motivates me...

1. The picture in my blog of me and my son at his graduation...ack..that is me?
2. My health, and living to see my kids have kids...and them grow up.
3. being able to do activities that are more enjoyable when you are thin...hike, swimming, dancing, live an active life.
4. at the bottom of the list I will add vanity, I don't want to be unattractive, I would like to be the guy that is handsome not the phatguy I have been for years now.

Persistance, patience and mostly hard work...I WILL get there..
Hang tough all,

- Elliott
BldBlue1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have to set mini goals or I get discouraged. My goal this week was to count all of my points this weekend and stay within my daily allowance. If I look at the big picture it feels hopeless. And when I feel hopeless, I eat. It's a horrible cycle. Good luck and I hope you find your inspiration.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #7  

1. being a good role model for my kids
2. feeling good about myself. I have never enjoyed exercising. It's hard to motivate myself. Once I get going, it gets easier. Right now, I'm comitting to do something for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
3. my mom - she died on the 4th of July of a heart attack. She was only 45 and had 80 percent blockage in one artery and at least 40% in the others. If I leave this world at 45, I'll be leaving teenage daughters. I can't do that to them or to me. I love and miss my mom so much that I pull myself up everyday and try to make better choices. It doesn't always happen, but each week gets better.
4. I treat myself to non-food treats. Usually, that means that I go to the bookstore without my husband or kids and read magazines or books. I also get a green tea.
5. podcasts - I like insideoutweightloss by renee stephens and motivation to move. Both can be found on itunes or other websites. Listening to podcasts makes my walks fly by. I don't notice the pain as much.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #8  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

I also have a problem keeping my motivation, but to get myself back on track I think about:
I want to be healthy and active so I can enjoy my daughters longer.
I want to look nicer and be able to wear cuter clothes.
Better quality of life: Eating right and exercising makes me feel so much better.
I want to be a good role model for my daughers so maybe they won't have to go through this when they are older.
I'm just tired of being overweight!!
Slimmin Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #9  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Thinking about how I look in pictures is a big motivator for me. I think I'm going to hang one up on the fridge (and maybe an older picture where I'm a better weight) to remind myself why I'm doing this. Plus, my kids, I want to be healthy and set a good example for them and be able to keep up with them.

Exercise is hard for me to get motivated. I really hate it while I'm doing it, but I love the way I feel the rest of the day. I just feel so awake and energized the rest of the day, so that's what keeps me going.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #10  
Wishing...

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5' 8"

my main motivation right now is a vacation to mexico that i am taking in 6 months, i want to enjoy myself down there and know that i look good in my bikini!! other motivations, i quit smoking after many years and am trying to be more healthy to make up for all the damage i did to my body! I also like how i feel after i work out, when i do get make time to do it ; ) also my aunt is very blunt about how she thinks i look and my little stomach that I am getting, sometimes i am grateful she is so honest but others id wish she shut up! her honesty kinda puts fuel in me to get things done
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #11  
Starting Over After Baby

S/C/G: 193/193/143

Height: 5'6"

Looking at old pictures and comparing them to new pictures. Buying cuter, more fun clothing. Having more energy. The compliments I receive. Fitting into my old, skinnier clothes. My husband bragging about my hard work to everyone.

The motivation comes and goes, though. I cycle through not wanting to do it anymore and just go for the donuts/chocolate/etc. But I look and feel so much better now than I did at 205+ that I know this is totally worth it and that I need to keep working on changing.

The Beck Diet Solution Book has really helped me gain perspective and keep going during some of those rough patches.
cathochick is offline   Reply With Quote