Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #1  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Default A greenhorn blogger here in need of help

I am a complete beginner when it comes to blogging so bear with me while I explain what I am trying to do. I started blogging yesterday and I made a new category heading of weekly Friday weigh ins. I made an entry for this page and ticked the category I wanted it to go in but everything has appeared on my home page. How do I get this to be on a separate page?

Any help in with this issue would be gratefully received in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks purpleorc
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi

All posts appear on the home page in chronological order, as well as the categories. As the posts drop off the home page, they will still be accessible via the category links.

I hope that answers your question, but please reply if you need further information
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

There are two ways you can post to a blog:

A post appears in date order in the main part of your blog. You can categorize posts and people can click on that category and get a list of only the posts in that category, but from the main page, they'll always appear in date order.

A page will appear as a separate page from your "main" blog area (where your posts appear). You can create separate pages and your blog will link them somewhere in the sidebar.

If you look at my blog: http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/photochick/
You can see I have 2 pages - an about me page and a movies page.

The rest of my posts appear on the main page in date order.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Thanks Susanne and Photochick for taking the time to answer my question much appreciated and very helpful.

purpleorc
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote