Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Meet and Greet!!

Hey all!

Several people on the 3FC website have expressed interest in trying to work out a deal sometime in the future where we all meet up. Kind of like a little retreat!

This place is an awesome place to give and get support, and the people are soooo nice. It is nice to know there is someone out there going through the same thing you are. I feel like through the months we all come to know each other.

So.....I was asked to start a thread (I wasn't really sure where to put it so I put it here???). This thread is for people to put down if they would be interested in meeting up with several of the members here from the site. Now IF (and I said if) we end up doing this there are a few things you should know:

#1. This meet and greet is not being arranged by 3FC. It is a personal choice that several of us have made.

#2. The date hasn't been set yet...but will probably be at least 2 years from now (This is so everyone who wants to go has the opportunity to save money for the flight / hotel / food / activities / etc.)

#3. If you are interested please simply post your name (screen name will be fine) AND a location you think would be fun to go to and meet up with your
3FC friends.

#4. Since there maybe many people sign up for this...please limit posts to only your name and location you choose (you can pick more than one)....you can chat about it in other threads...thanks guys!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Kickin' things off!

I'm McKenziesmomma (a.k.a. Melissa)

and I think it would be cool to do this in Las Vegas

or

at a beach somewhere....we could all go in on a CONDO!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #3  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thin4Good - Emily

I don't care where.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Melissa,
Its me, Donna. Not opposed to a beach but I vote for Vegas. If we have enough interest, Vegas hotels are good about group rates and extras to get groups there.

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Melissa--I love Vegas--and there are so many cheap flights there from so many places in the US. And I was just there last month, and the taxi drivers and restaurant people said tourism is down by a full third from last year! So there are MANY deals on hotels there now.

And it's got something for everyone--shopping, food, drink, shows, pool time while it's hot, open all night, etc.
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Sounds interesting

I'm thinking maybe a place that has had it hard hit from the hurriances-example New Orleans, Texas area. There has to be some cool spa resorts, etc to chill out and eat well. Just a thought.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #7  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I'm Abby.. and i'm up for anywhere.. although a girls vacay to vegas sounds AMAZING!

A spa or something Anywhere would be awesome. Pampering our butts off!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi, Im Heather or Heather1979

I like the vegas and spa idea. Vegas would most likely be the cheapest.
heather1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #9  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Count me in - I'm open to anywhere - spa treat sounds great as does condo together or group deal somewhere. It's coming together, woo hoo!

Dora
Doragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/166.8/140

Height: 5'3

Hey its Jessica! This sounds like a great idea. A lot of hard work to get it together but would really be a lot of fun!

I have never been to Vegas so that would be fun.

Condos in FL are fairly inexpensive when you have a group...we are planning a moms trip there next year and it really isn't much when you can split the cost.
jessacaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #11  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Cool! Sounds awesome - I'll be in if at all possible.

Can I suggest the halfway point - Hawaii!

Cheers girls.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #12  
it's always something

I hate to sound negative, but threads like this pop up in this forum every now and then and never really happen. It's targeting too large of a group that's too widespread. However, there are many smaller groups within the forum that do have meetups and are very successful with them. My suggestion would be to mention this in the forum you most regularly frequent (maybe in the daily) and see if there's an interest, then go from there. I think it's much more likely to happen
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #13  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Suzanne - this conversation started over on the Biggest Loser Blue team thread, we just didn't want anyone not doing BL to feel like they weren't invited too.

I'm in, and I don't care where we decide to go. But the Gulf Coast would be fine, I'll send DH on vacation and ya'll can come camp in my back yard. - Dee
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #14  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

MommaK I can't wait to meet you.
Let me say this: YOU must do this, don't let anything stop you, so what if everyone can't make it. If it was placed on your heart then do it. I would like vagas for many of the reasons listed above.
One suggestion is you might want to get yourself a committie so that you can delagate duties. Your committie can meet on line or if possible phone conference. Also, there might be a person online that has experience as a travel agent, if so and they are willing use their skills. By all means necessary be the first to make this happen. It doesn't matter the size of the event just make it happen. Write your vision down and it shall come to pass. I'll see ya soon Momma
Babygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #15  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

im all over helping work on this
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote