20-Somethings - Weekend Support Chat 26-28

View Full Version : Weekend Support Chat 26-28

Taylor86
09-26-2008, 01:41 PM
HI all!

Here is a weekend chat for those of us who have trouble staying on track during the weekend!

I am gonna set 2 goals for myself and if I met them I gonna give myself a dancing carrot :carrot: cause who doesn't love those dancing carrots!

Goals:
Stay within my calories
Get 1- 2 workouts in before monday

Let's help each other during these two days of freedom!

sh3l5
09-26-2008, 01:48 PM
brilliant idea i love these chat threads....
ive finished eating what im going to eat today....
well within calories and well worked out....
im guna move around some more tonight as i have a day of travelling tomorrow....
up at stupid oclock to work out before we go....
heres to loosing some weight....

amandarose17
09-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, this is going to be great, since my weekend is not starting well. A women at work who I love is retiring and today was her party. I think I ate my weight in chili and fudge. Chocolate actually gives me a headache, but it was so good. So here I am at my desk, with a huge headache, 2 more hours to go.

Anyway, I am feel a little down about this, I have not binged like this since I started trying to lose weight back in July. Not only mentally bad, but my body is really hating me right now.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Iconised Ghost
09-26-2008, 05:28 PM
i know how you feel amandarose, yesterday i was feeling really down because it looked like i had gained 2kg (i dunno, 4.4 pounds or something) so i ate about half a box of shapes crackers (arounf 500 calories). And then i woke up kicking myself, but when i weighed myself i was only up 200g, not 2kg, it makes no sense dammit!!!

I am going out today for lunch AND dinner. I might be able to get salad for lunch, but dinner's going to be delicious on an epic scale. I'll try and look up the menu before i go, but its italian, and one of my ultimate weaknesses is pasta >.<

yesitsmeagain
09-26-2008, 05:43 PM
A weekend of work for me...so I won't be sitting around the house all day snacking!

ZetaMD2Be
09-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi ladies!! My goal for the weekend will be to get in at least one workout each day... which is sometimes easier said than done.

ghost
09-26-2008, 08:00 PM
My weekend goal is to sleep and clean. And if I have time left over, organize. I'll also do cardio if the gym is open, its been closed for staff training all week. If the gym is not open my contingency plan is to ride my bike and maybe *try* jogging for the first time since 1996 high school cross country. I said TRY! Other then that, I'm still not over my nacho craving so I dare not venture out of my neighborhood.

i am still trying
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
hi everyone,
My goals this weekend are:
- workout once mre ( i went spinning tonight)
- Stay within my calories BOTH days.

My father in law is coming over for 4 days and that usually means eating out a lot, and eating really late. i think this time I am sticking to my plan. I really get annoyed when I deviate from Plan b/c of other factors. It's one thing when i do it to myself, but SUPER annoying when you want to stay OP but are forced not you, you know?...

ValRock
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone! I've got a lot more calories for today but I'm not hungry... that's ODD!

I'm giving myself a cheat day this weekend. Hubby wants to go out and I hate keeping track at the resturaunt.

So far so good this week, though :).

My goal for next week is to get out for at least a few walks! I'm on my feet at work all day but I need to start a *real* exercise routine.

Taylor86
09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I bought the Hungry Girl cookbook and I am TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH IT! I know it is going to help me stick to my plan this weekend!

I know we can do this, girls!

sh3l5
09-27-2008, 03:35 AM
ive just done me morning workout....
was a little cold out in the shed to say the least....
do you burn more calories the colder it is?....
im not weighing til Monday....
first for me....
guna try and ween myself off weighing everyday....
heres to reading now....
hopefully somewhere healthy for lunch & no opportunities for snacking later....
:)

i am still trying
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
well, last night wasn't the best start to my weekend. Like I said my FIL came in on a flight at midnight and he was hungry.
What's open at midnight: Diners.
What kind of food do diners have: Greasy food.
Fried foods are my trigger foods. I love them. Anyways, I shared a poutine with my husband, but I ate about 3/4 and he ate 1/4 I think.
**note** if you don't know what poutine is, it's a Canadian heart attack on a plate. Fries, covered in gravy, covered in cheese curds. Sooo yummy, but sooo bad.

That was the only mess up, NO MORE I SAY! breakfast went well, I had an egg, yoghurt, nectarine. My regular breakfast.

Kelbrina
09-27-2008, 11:02 AM
There's a small fall festival literally two steps outside my apartment building and I think I read something about apple crisps... mmmm! I think I'll hide inside today!

smallification
09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Today is the end of my first week. Lost 3.8 lbs! I had two free meals, too. I went out for dinner one day and lunch another.

Of course that rate will slow down a lot, but I feel good.

sh3l5
09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
great loss....
i had an apple and orange for lunch today....
bf wants chinese for tea....
shud i have a couple of spoons of his chicken curry and boiled rice....
or should i go for toast/sandwhich?....

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Just woke up...it's about 11 here...I am eating my regular breakfast and even added some mushrooms.

Today is going to be very uneventful for me....basically another trip to the store (WHY am I ALWAYS out of something!!?!) laundry, chores and homework.

All I have to do is just keep away from the KITCHEN!

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 01:52 PM
So far so good today. Got up and went to the gym and worked out pretty good 5.4 miles 620 caloies in 60 minutes. Gotta hop in the shower, eat breakfast and head to work!

sh3l5
09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
i settled for cheese on toast....
and a cake....
not the best option but better than chinese....

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Ugh! Chinese is my favorite food in the whole entire world and the one I must avoid! Good job and making a better choice.

I know I SHOULD go to the gym today...I should I should I should.....but I haven't gone to the gym on my own in about a week...blah.

sh3l5
09-27-2008, 02:02 PM
u can do it....
gym will be soo good....
think of the feeling you will have afterwards!....

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a good choice to me, Sh3l5!

Taylor, I gotta get to the gym too! I'm gonna try for both days this weekend. Don't know when the last time was that that happened!

Chele615
09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
It's been raining here all day yesterday and right now it is downpouring. There was a small break in the rain earlier this morning, so i used that as my time to go to the gym. I really didn't want to go and just wanted to be lazy in my pajamas all day long! I'm proud of myself for still going to the gym though.

I only did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then left....but I still went and, according to the machine, burned 418 calories. I had an english muffin and banana for breakfast, a big salad and a turkey pita for lunch, and am still trying to decide what I am going to have for dinner. I tried a new sparkling water flavor today. It was Orange Cream and it tastes just like an orange creamsicle. SO GOOD!!!

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Chele, I know what you mean about wanting to stay in your PJs all day! I literally wore mine until 5 pm, until I finally got off my butt and went to the gym.

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok so its 5:30 here and I just got done with work for today. I only had an apple earlier today so I am starving and just made my lunch/dinner. Its only about 300 calories but I plan on having more later. Have to get good rest so I can wake up and go to the gym before work tomorrow. Gotta have a good weigh in on tuesday morning!

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I am *almost* through saturday. We were going to grill some chicken but went out to the grill and found the gas missing (either it was out or someone in our apartment complex took it) so I cooked it up in a pan with some olive oil which cost me an extra 60 calories but that still leaves me with 208 to play with tonight. Don't know what I am gonna do - might make a fruit plate with some babybel...

Didn't make it to the gym either. Blah. I will tomorrow though!!

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 09:41 PM
sometimes olive oil is so worth it.

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
oh, I know! Don't get me started....red wine...bread....olive oil....*drools*

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 09:50 PM
o my god yes, i love that stuff...whats it called... Dukkah! Or how ever you spell it. I could live on that stuff

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok, when they cure cancer and all that other bad stuff...they need to make a pill, shot, cream, drink, whatever so we can eat whatever we want and be healthy and perfect.

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
yeah that would be ideal :D

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
K i've had three drinks now at home and I am feeling a little tipsy. Maybe I am a super lightweight but it feels good to relax. Good thing I made them diet. ahhh

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
light weights rock! i love being a cheap drunk :D

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah its inexpensive and I didnt' drink one sip for 2 1/2 years until about 2 months ago so I'm definitely a light weight nd I even make my drinks light....hmmm

garstar
09-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Blcarter you're funny, what's the occasion?

I have learned to love diet vodkas. Save the calories!

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 11:04 PM
The occasion is...hmmm nothing really just enjoying a Saturday night with my boy at home watching some Samarai Jack and posting bulletins!

garstar
09-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Sounds more exciting then mine :)

I'm watching food network and sewing. However, I did manage to make a bag, yippie!

Go Samurai Jack haha

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 11:10 PM
im writing an intervention proposal -___- it would be interesting, if wasnt so damn huge!

I used to love the ads for samurai jack, but i never got round to watching it for some reason. Sheep in the Big City was awesome though! Swanky :D

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 11:16 PM
We just have every episode on DVD so he watches that. I dont actually have TV TV so to speak so we watch movies and Tv on dvds and blu ray

ducky0224
09-27-2008, 11:45 PM
What is diet vodka?

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
It's vodka with diet coke!

OMG the boy is making pancakes. NOOOO!!!

I have 237 calories left so I am making myself a turkey sandwich. I got light hamburger buns (80 calories) Turkey (20) fat free kraft cheese (30) and a 100 calorie pack instead of pancakes. I won't even have a bite...no no no.

BAD PANCAKES.

Iconised Ghost
09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
did you guys ever celebrate pancake day when u were little?

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Um. I think so....we had 100 day when I was in kindergarden when we had to make something with '100' things on it. I did super glued 100 pennies to a poster....let's just say I have never been 'artsy' in that sense. I am also pretty sure I ended up gluing my fingers together that day...

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 12:33 AM
again....I stress...he is sitting right beside me eating 4 huge pancakes with butter and syrup. Dear. God. KILL ME

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Ok. it's over and I didn't even have a bite. We even went to the store to get some food cause we both were hungry and I got those light hamburger buns and fat free cheese instead of chips and queso which I wanted to get.

Iconised Ghost
09-28-2008, 12:52 AM
yay its over! I think pancakes day is something to do with spring coming, and using up whats left in your pantry so you can spring clean it. It just came to mind because of you talking about pancakes and it being the first day after turning our clocks forwards here.

Congrats on not eating the pancakes :broc: I think i would definately have given in

Spoz
09-28-2008, 01:24 AM
I wish I had diet vodka last night, I think I got so drunk I didn't know what the **** I was drinking and I sure as **** don't remember getting home v.v IT's terrible.

Now I'm going to have to deal with the scale saying I'm 7 lbs less in the morning and then putting it all back on (plus 2 more probably) tomorrow. I think an intense gym visit is in due today... Hope you all had a great Saturday night! :)

sh3l5
09-28-2008, 02:53 AM
i had a great saturday....
ate really well....
worked out....
hope the scale reflects it....

im going to have an easier Sunday, but still a binge free one!....

sh3l5
09-28-2008, 06:38 AM
im so hungry, come on lunch time....
50 mins and counting....

Chele615
09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Taylor....good job on resisting the pancake temptation!!! Pancakes are one of my downfalls, especially chocolate chip ones!!

I went to the gym this morning, even though my knee was bothering me a bit when I woke up. It was fine once I got there and stretched out and was plugging away on the elliptical. Normally, I would have probably skipped the gym today to rest a bit, but my friend is getting married in upstate New Hampshire this coming weekend, so there are three days I won't be able to get to the gym.

I like having the Clear Choice sparkling water when I'm dying for soda but don't want to drink soda. Yesterday, I tried the Orange Cream flavor which tasted just like a creamsicle!!!! I am thinking that would probably be so good with vodka ;)