South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208.5/204/170

Height: 5'7"

Default SB Newb needs input on meals for phase 1

Hey there everyone, I'm pretty new to all of this so I'm looking for some input/tips for phase 1. I've found a chart somewhere online to chart Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, 3 Snacks, Water and Exersice for an entire week. I've charted the next 3 days. I don't want to get ahead of myself in case I need to tweak it. Any input or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Day 1
B-Tofu Scramble & Coffee w/ non-dairy creamer
(extra firm tofu, chopped broccoli, onion, tomato, garlic and spices sauted in olive oil)
S- Body Fortress Protein shake made with water
L- 2 C. Spring Mix salad topped with Pinto beans, 1/2 oz. shredded cheddar, handful of cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber with dressing made with dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar.
S- Sliced cucumber
D- Grilled chicken breast and steamed green beans
S- 1 oz. raw almonds
Water- Aiming for 6- 8oz. glasses as this will be a challange.

Day 2
B- Coffee w/non-dairy creamer and leftover Tofu Scramble
S- Cottage cheese/Non-fat plain yogurt mix w/ Sugar Free jelly
L- Spring Mix salad w/ sliced turkey, handful of tomatoes, cucumber and ranch dressing
S- 1 oz. colby-jack cheese and sliced bell peppers
D- Shrimp with stir fried vegetables (peppers, green beans, onion) soy sauce
S- Body Fortress protein shake made with water

Day 3
B- Spring Mix salad with 3 smashed boiled egg whites (no dressing) and Coffee with non-dairy creamer
S- 2 turkey and cheese rollup with dijon mustard
L- Leftover Tofu Scramble w/ steamed broccoli
S- sliced cucumber/bell pepper/cherry tomatoes w hummus
D- Black beans and ground turkey seasoned w/ spices over spring mix salad greens w/ salsa and light sour cream
S- sugar free fudgesicle

So again any input on how I can successfuly complete the rest of my 1st week on phase 1 would be awesome. Thanks ladies!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Looks like you are doing a good job of packing the veggies in, this is key.
I question the sf jelly though, it is still made with fruit, right, off-limits for Ph1, maybe some sf jello instead?

You are missing on the dairy some days. Remember cheese is not dairy. Dairy is milk and yogurt. You also are missing beans one day. I make sure to eat beans every day in Ph1.

Main things for Ph1:
Eat if you are hungry
Make sure you get snacks in
Eat your dairy, beans, and veggies every day
Also, if you haven't read the book, make sure you do so you will understand how the diet works.

Finally, welcome!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

switch out the non-dairy creamer... use fat free half and half.

not sure what a body fortress shake is but it's probably not a great thing to be having while on SBD as we tend not to drink our food...

are you getting enough good fats?

how do you feel?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208.5/204/170

Height: 5'7"

Awesome, thank you! I didn't expect such quick replys. I haven't actually started yet. I'm trying to plan ahead so I don't end up sabatoging myself. I have a hard time with dairy, but I use plain soymilk in it's place, so I believe I may have to add that into my plan. Body fortess is whey protein powder, which I thought I could use at times for a quick snack (idea...soymilk, protein, spices and maybe cottage cheese or plain nonfat yogurt?). As I'm looking at my menus I'd posted, I'm not seeing my healthy fats either. Maybe adding avacado to my salads or olive oil to my dressings, smart balance on my steamed veggies...not sure how to squeeze these in without overdoing it. I've tried/researched so many weight loss diets and programs that it's a bit overwhelming. I chose SBD because I HATE counting anything(points, caloreies, etc.)...I don't want to be deprived of the things that I enjoy (now is temporary...eventually I will learn a new way to incorporate things I love without overdoing it and gaining a healthy relationship with food). So posting, being honest, and accepting constructive critisism and advice from others that have had success is a giant step in the right direction.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

any of those suggestions would be a good choice for your fat... i love avocado.

i did SBd for 2 1/2 years before i got frustrated enough to incorporate my solidly established healthy eating habits into counting the amounts ('i'm doing a SBD weight watchers hybrid)....
Closed Thread