Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #143

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #143

sami
04-12-2002, 09:13 AM
We are a group of christians who will be there for you in encouragement and prayer. Everyone is welcome!

sami
04-12-2002, 09:23 AM
Good morning to all!
I can't belive it is Fri! And I have made it 6 days OP!!!!!! I fill like I can do it! My fasting bloodsugars are still to high but have come down a lot! And the bottom #of my blood pressure was 80 last night! (top still needs work) Please keep my M-I-L in your prayers she has developed an infection after sugery. And please keep my F-I-L in your prayers They wanted to put in a feeding tube and he has refused. The staff infection is so bad they want to remove more toes.

Sorry I can't address everyone but my prayers are with you. Wilma praying that you can get through this virus!
Sami

doitforme
04-12-2002, 10:20 AM
I am happy to hear your doing better! It is awesome that you stayed op all week, I pray that mil and fil will soon be better as well. Wilma I also pray you'll soon be up and about. Have a great day.:wave:

wilma12
04-12-2002, 12:46 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. I'm still feeling weak. I feel better one day and then the next I'm right back at it again. This virus lasts 2 - 3 weeks for some people. I was glad for a day off yesterday so I could take it easy. Today, work has been really hectic so I know I'll be useless tonight.

Oh well, this too shall pass!! Ive been drinking lots of water and eating fruit so hopefully it will pass quickly.

Take care! Talk to you again soon!

ECmom
04-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Hi!
Just a quick hello after a busy day. Sami, Wilma and Doitforme I will keep your personal concerns in my prayers.
I hope to leave personal responses tomorrow.
Sami,thanks for starting a new thread, as busy as you have been.
Ginny

Zoe
04-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Hi Y'all :wave:

Well, our out-of-town guest is now gone and I'm back on track. I was so, so, SO bad with my eating while she was here, always out and about, eating and eating and eating. Did we just HAVE to take her to all the great spots to eat here in the DFW area. :?: Anyway, I got myself together yesterday ~ even got on the scale. Holy Cow, I was 1/2 pound away from slitting my throat!!! :lol: I feel great though, really have been good for 2 days now. We went to El Chico's tonight and I had just a few chips but I had a taco salad which I don't think is TOO bad. The beans in it are high in fiber and I used hot sauce instead of salad dressing. I think that was ok. I'm trying to just cut back instead of saying the "D" word.

Tomorrow is our company golf tournament. We have one twice a year ~ the only time I ever play. So I will be up and out early. It should be fun.

Have a great weekend ~ talk to y'all tomorrow.

EZMONEY
04-13-2002, 12:42 AM
HI Ladies-- I have been really busy as usual watching sporting events- DD tennis match today--1.5 hours away--she did well and I am proud of her, she didn't win though--BUMMER--DS lost his mens softball game last night too-- step-D lost her softball game the day before ( we are all LOOOOsers here!!) DS has track meet tomorrow and DD another tennis match and step-D softball so there is a chance for a new start--HE always gives us new chances doesn't HE??!!! HE is an AWESOME GOD!!
SAMI-I am still praying for your family, and you- watch that BP!! WILMA--sorry you are still sick but at least you have time to work on the quilt, I bet it is beautiful-- my ex made one out of T-SHIRTS that my son had accumulated over all the years of high school and rec. sports, it was really neat and LARGE about 1.5 KING size.GINNY-- glad to hear improvement on your son-- my wife is a teacher and it is not easy for them either, glad you are into the sports too-- take time to walk during all of the dead time before the games if you can-- I could have walked around the world instead I sat on my butt most of the time before the games just visiting.

EZMONEY
04-13-2002, 12:56 AM
Sometimes I type too much and I can not send it--I am a computer reject!! ZOE--Hey what is a relative for if you can't take them to the places we never take ourselves to to eat?Good luck in the golf tourny-I love the game but never get to play much--I am lously!!! SUE those next 9 pounds will come easy 'cause we are all pulling for you--just drag us along it will burn more calories!!
Well thanks for the prayers, the DS and his ankle are fine-well at least strong enough to compete tomorrow so we shall see. I will be with him at a college 1.5 hrs. south of home at the same time my ex and my daughter's boyfriend will be 1.5 hrs. north with her for her match and my wife will be watching her daughters softball game at the same time!!
See you all later--HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY if I don't check in on SAT. IN HIS LOVE-Gary

sami
04-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Blessing this sunday morning,
Well I did it I made it one whole week OP!!!!!!! The scales are going down again! I will WI Mon at work because my Boss and I made a a Weight loss challenge we both want to lose 50 by august 30. The one who doesnt make goal owes dinner to the group who witnessed the challeng! I made that challenge because it makes me be accountable in front of my peers. And to lose 50 that would be 2.5 lbs a week and that would be no cheating!!!!! This week I worked on just eating 3 meals at the same time everyday. And staying on the diabetic diet. I traded cokes for water. Please pray that I don't let myself down in front of my peers and I make this challenge.

Wilma-Praying that by Mon you will be over this flu! I had 3 with strep this week but that goes away fast with meds.

Ez-money-Enjoy those kids! I can't belive I have one getting married soon. Thanks for your encouragement. How is the gym working out for you?

Zoe-We missed you! Just get back on the wagon and keep on going don't look back! On easter I was so down because my fat clothes didn't fit. And I beat myself up saying that if only I stayed OP I would be at goal. And all that did was bring me down. We are going to make goal this year!

Ginny-You sound so tired try to get some rest! I know that is easier said than done.

Doitforme-Thank you so much for your prayers. It is just a matter of short time now for my FIL He has not ate in over 3 months now is skin and bone. I truly feel blessed to have such great friends to turn to for prayer durning this time.

This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoyce and be glad in it!
Sami

Zoe
04-14-2002, 12:07 PM
Well, here I sit, not in church, feeling guilty. Why was I so lazy this morning anyway?? :shrug: The fact is yesterday, golf was rained out after only 9 holes, my son drove down to Austin after that (over night) and my honey, Greg, is out on the golf course this morning. <sigh> I guess I just felt tired and lazy and that's not a good excuse. :(

Gary ~ I'm not a golfter myself but my husband Greg and son Chris are FANATICS! My husband isn't your normal everyday golfing husband.....he actually WANTS me to play! :lol: So before this golf outting with our company, I bought my own clubs and am ready to take some lessons. I really CAN see where you could be addicted to it....haha. Your family sure is active and athletic. That's a good thing. Don't worry about being "losers". :lol: (that was funny) cuz next time, they're all bound to WIN!

Sami ~ I've been doing the same thing you did at Easter, beating myself up because my "fat" clothes didn't fit. They still don't but I've lost 5 1/2 pounds now, further away from that "slit my throat" mark and feeling great. I just stopped using that "D" word and I've done great! :D

Speaking of being athletic, I'm not....I hate exercise and really do need to get myself motivated. I'm not ashame to say that I am 46 and do not look it......(maybe 40-ish but hey, that's great!) and I want to get myself staying looking younger so I am going to be moving this summer. As I said, I'm going to be playing some golf, I'm going to be roller skating on a trail with a friend about 2 or so times a week (that's great for your hips and thighs) and the healthclub I belong to (Bally's) is going to be seeing me again. With the summer and it staying light later, Greg and Chris will be playing golf alot so I may as well do something productive for myself, right???

Ok, I've rambled enough but it sure feels good to be back here and back on track. Hello to everyone else I didn't mention. I'm sorry about that but I'm needing to get back in the swing of this. Have a wonderfully blessed Lord's Day.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

doitforme
04-14-2002, 10:20 PM
I am very happy to hear everyone is feelling better, and doing better, I went home to my parents for the weekend. I got to spend some quality time with my niece, and nephews. They grow up so fast. It was my turn to clean the church, I am on a rotating list, so I got that done Sat. then attended Sunday School, church and evening service. What an awesome God we serve.
Zoe glad to hear your motivated again and not beating yourself up, sami glad to hear you did so well all week, it won't be long before your BP is normal again. Gary- Thanks for the encouragement. E.C.mom thanks for your prayers. wilma, I pray your feeling tip top tom.
God Bless you all, Check in after work tom.:wave:

ECmom
04-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Good evening!!
This has been such a busy, busy weekend............hope that I will get thru this insanity. Nothing bad, just a lot of craziness!
I will get on tomorrow and read the posts and respond to each of you.
Have a great nite.
Ginny

losing4good
04-15-2002, 09:42 AM
Hello all!!! Boy time really got away from me! We had some sick kids for a bit, then I've had a *nice* sinus headache for the past week or so... my past two Monday's were not good for the scale. I really got lazy about my eating, and had 2 gains in a row. Not a lot... 2.25 total gain for those Monday's... but this past week, I resolved to not let this headache or our hectic schedule take over, and got back to where I was, plus another 1/2 lb (2.75 total loss last week). So.... :D

Our schedule IS really hectic right now. With the exception of our 2 yo, my whole family is involved in the church's Spring drama. My dh has quite a few scenes, as does my 9yo. My 7.5 yo has a couple, my 3 yo is a dead girl who Jesus heals, and my 2.5 mo is, well, of course, baby Jesus! :lol: What a debut, eh? :lol: It's just one scene, His birth, and I have to be on stage for that, but I'm hidden away. Whew! Soooooo we've been spending MANY hours at church this month. It's getting very hard for the small ones. They have to be there if their scene is being rehersed, but you never know if it'll be 10 minutes or 2 hrs before they get to it, and you know how it is when you take your kids to someplace else... especially someplace w/a wide open space.... sitting still is not exactly what they'd like to do! :( We still have 2 more weeks of the nuttiness to go though... and, my bil and his wife will be there, as well as her mom. My bil is not saved, so who knows... If he or someone else in the audience accepts the truth, all the craziness will be worth it, right???? ;)

Glad to see so many people posting, and to see that most are getting/keeping focused!! Yipeee!!! We can do it!!

Patricia

173/156.5/156 (first mini)/105ish (final goal)

wilma12
04-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Good Morning! Thank you for your prayers. I am finally feeling normal again. I woke up with energy this morning. I hope that it's here to stay. I have a busy week ahead of me.

On Thursday, I drive down to Winnipeg (5 hours) to pick up my oldest DS. He's finished his year at school and is ready to come home. That in itself will be an adjustment for me. He has a job interview so hopefully he'll get the job. It's at a golf course so it'll be right up his alley. Please pray that he gets it. He really needs to do something other than lie around at home and the money for next year's schooling will help too.

It sounds like you are all doing well and keeping very busy. I'm so glad you have time to sign in here and be a support. Thanks!!

Have a wonderful day!!

EZMONEY
04-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Good Day Ladies-
A new week ahead of us-- got off early today, had to work yesterday so I missed church ( I could have gone Sat. night after work but didn't~too tired~ why do we do that? SOOO Glad HE is never too tired for us!!!)
SAMI- the gym is working out fine~if I use it!~ just got off the elliptical trainer a few minutes ago- had a great work-out. I have not been home much in the last few weeks (how is that for an excuse? I can do better just give me time-HA!) You are so right the time really does fly with the kids--I have always tried to take advantage of every minute-- the old CATS IN THE CRADEL song--remember it? really sunk in to me when I was a teen-ager and it came out-- I didn't want to be like that--The things my children got involved in, sports ,scouts and dance really helped out as far as being able to be involved with them. When my ex left I thought that somehow I was going to lose time with them and it freaked me out-- they were 6&8 at the time-But without going into a tremendous amount of detail let me just say the Good LORD worked it ALL out to my advantage!!

EZMONEY
04-15-2002, 06:24 PM
I didn't want to lose another post due to length!!
ZOE-your DH sounds like a great guy-not too many guys would allow their wives in on their sports! You will love the golf-plus the time shared!! SUE- how cool for you to be able to clean your church-- we have a school also so we have janitors that we pay- it is a almost full time job. GINNY- take it easy!! slow done a little ( if you can) PATRICIA- your house sounds like the showing of 7th HEAVEN!!! good luck with the play! I'm sure it will go well--autographs for all if you get famous RIGHT? WILMA- I am praying for the right job for your son-- a job at the golf course sounds great--Although my son carries a full load at school,works at the sporting goods store part time, trains every day for 3 hours for his sports- he still has time to sleep on the couch!! If he didn't do all these things he would have couch sores!!!
Well it is my turn to make dinner so I shall leave you all to your daily trials and blessings!! In CHRIST--Gary

doitforme
04-15-2002, 08:19 PM
I had a whole post written, when I went to submit it, it said your not logged in, I went back and the funny thing is it said, thanks for logging in, go figure, any way my whole day has gone like that. I got stuck in a van that was broke down for two hours waiting for a tow truck, and alternate transportation. I just got the words out of my mouth or should I say off my fingers. How we should not be upset about such incedental things, where no one is actually hurt, when whammo, this happens. Somebody has a sense of humor.???????????I will try to keep mine. As I was saying count your blessing every day, count them one by one.l Glad to hear all is well, I'm almost afraid to continue. Maybe I just check back later. Maybe the dark cloud will have disappated a little. :lol:

ECmom
04-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Good evening,
Great to see all the posts- and hear from some who have not had much of a chance to post recently. Once again, I only have a few minutes, so I will just say hello and let you know that I keep you in my prayers. Speaking of prayers, I must get more diligent about my prayer life.........which has been a bit weak recently. The excuse of "I have been busy" is the reason why, but that is rather shallow and not what God wants! Guess I ought to get back to some sort of discipline with that.

Have a great nite
Ginny

sami
04-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Blessing to all!
My WI went great! Drum roll...........I lost 9 lbs last week! I know the first couple weeks you lose the most then it drop down to a couple a week but I will take it! It just showed me how much I was cheating before. I think the biggest change I have made is cutting out soda. If I want soda I drink diet Rite it has no cal and no sodium! I think when I hit the 20lb loss I will see a change in blood pressure and sugar.

EZ-I never knew how much stress and total Joy I could have until I had Children. I have 6 and I love holidays. My oldest is getting married next year Mike is a great guy and I love him like my own. He is an only child and he love to be around the gang! I see others at work who send so much time at work and missing out on the kids lives.

Wilma-so glad your feeling well. Praying it is all behind you! And that DS gets that job!

Ginny-I hope things are calming down.

Doitforme-Momma said there would be days like this

Patricia-Wow it sound like fun! Is the play the life of Jesus? I had sick kids last week that is so draining!

Zoe-Just vision if you look young now just think how young you will look when you reach your goal! I hate to exercise! I have been putting on music and dancing (kind of the Richard Simmons thing) And boy do I pray that my neighbors can't see inside the window!

I pray everyone has an OP day!
Sami

wilma12
04-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Sami: Hurrah!! Clap! Clap! Clap! You're doing awesome. Keep up the good work!!

I am feeling more energetic as the days get brighter and longer. I am actually itching to get outside and do some yard work. It's still a little too wet but I am thinking about what to plant in my garden.

I get off work an hour early today so I will have time to go for a walk. I find that my body is craving it but my will is still struggling with it. Why is it that I know what is good for my body to be healthy but I don't do it? Carnal nature!

Have a great day!

doitforme
04-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Gonna need those shades today, it suppose to hit 85. I love the sun, and pray today goes smoother than yesterday. Thanks wilma and your absolutely right, momma did say there would be days like that, praise God they are not too often. CONGRADULATIONS on the 9lb lose that was great. I gained 2 lbs, but my rings are tight so I think its the water thing again, I lost one today so maybe tom. I'll be back to 9lb to go. I am happy though I have only been at this since Jan. 2 and have lost 50lbs. So, I know the body has to adjust a little. ECMOM- It is so true we come up with excuses to put prayer off, as well as bible study, Speaking of which I need to catch up my devotions after I post, priorities are lined up wrong again, God forgive me I know He will. Well gotta Run, talk to ya later. God Bless:wave:

pravda
04-16-2002, 12:52 PM
Sami-Congrats on the 9lbs loss! That is great, keep up the good work. I remember how I felt when I lost the 1st pounds.

Well, I am doing good this week so far, then again it is only Tuesday. The A/C in our house went out, we had someone come look at it yesterday, he will call us today with an estimate. He said that it should not cost more than 100.00 to fix, but with my luck, it will be the only one out there that is no longer made, and he will have to specail order it and will cost 1000.00! Of course I am in Texas, where the summers are not nice! I am not looking forward to not having an A/C this summer, the temps are already unseansonally warm! We will see.........

Callie, the baby that was born early, made it thru a whole week. She is doing ok. She had some trouble with her kidneys, but they seem to be ok. Other than that, it is still a waiting game. Thanks for all the prayers.

I am trying to convince myself that I NEED to get back to working out. I was doing so good there for a while and now I have not been back since Feb some time. I know that I have to go sometime, but finding the time to do it is not easy.
I have not weighed myself in a few weeks, so I am sure tht things are back up. But I am still trying to eat healthy and better.

Ds is taking the TAAS test today and tomorrow, I pray that he does ok. He has been tutoriung for this for the past month or so. These test, for all who dont know, are given state wide in Texas and it kinda tells how the teachers will deal with the kids nextr year. If they do well, they might get into some advanced classes. He will be fine,. I am sure.

Well, I have not had a chance to read all the posting, so I am sure that there a lot of good things going on with you guys. I am praying for you all!

Pravda
262/245/125
mini goal 220 by aug 2002

terese
04-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Good morning Everyone!
I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing good! I just wanted to say that This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. I woke up this morning heavy! I was bumming around when I thought to myself, "hey, what's wrong with you! Get yourself together." Now usually, I don't rise to that occasion, but, for some reason, this morning I felt if I didn't, all of **** would break loose against me! :eek: I slowly moved my body towards the bathtub, totally late for work. I felt like everything was shutting down. As I sat in the hot water, I just started to say to myself, "I'm going to have a good day, regardless of what's going on or how I feel right now, there are good things in store for me. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." It took a good talking of about twenty minutes, but by the time I got out, I was refreshed and ready for the day. I thought I would encourage all of you. Sometime things can get blown all out of proportion, especially when we let it sit in our minds and stir. It's when we fill that same space up with good things, it shoves the other out. Anyways, late for work and all, I'm having a good day.

sami
04-17-2002, 01:04 AM
Terese-We all have days like that. And I like the way you handled it. This is the day that the Lord has made!!!!! I just keep thinking how great it will be when I don't wake up heavy!

Pravda-So glad to hear Callie is doing well! Praise The LORD!!! You hang in there with the Weight gain don't give up!

I have a prayer request. Saturday someone who goes to our Church had her baby at 24weeks she weighted 1lb 15oz. Her name is Madison. This is there first baby. She is holding her own and doing well. Please keep her in your prayers.

It is late and I am dead! Have a blessed night!
Sami

TeeJay
04-17-2002, 09:02 AM
Hello all,
I just found out about this BB and registered today.

I am a christian lady who believes in the power of prayer.. but I still have such a struggle with food , and lately it seems to be getting worse. I would appreciate any prayers.

Nice to meet all of you,
Have a blessed day.
TeeJay

ECmom
04-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Good morning!
Welcome TeeJay!!!
Sami- I will remember Madison in prayer......so young and little. The Lord loves us all..........:)
Off to a busy day, but I wanted to check in and read your posts.

Good news, Pravda about Callie, and Wilma that you are feeling better.
Have a great day!
Ginny

doitforme
04-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Your right It is a day the LOrd has made, and lets rejoicce. It is beautif-u-l- l our there. Its 85 already. Get your shades you'll need them. I am happy Terese that you delt with that the right way. There is no reason to beat up on yourself. There is always tom. and things could be so much worse. I haven't lost anything in a week now, but it'll come. Pravada, glad to hear callie is holding her own, She continues on my prayer list. Sami -I am sorry to hear about Madison, I will add her to the list as well.
Welcome teejay, we are happy you decided to join us, the more the merrier. Ecmom- you are so right He does love us all, even though we don't deserve it, and often put him in second place,. God Bless , I gotta go to work so I'll check back this afternoon. Have a blessed day!!:wave:

wilma12
04-17-2002, 11:20 AM
It has been very interesting around here! We had 4 inches of wet, sticky snow fall overnight. The roads are aweful. It took me twice as long to get to work as it normally does. Thank the Lord we made it safely. It should all be melted off the roads by after work. What a mess!! Our yard was just drying up too! Oh well, the farmers are happy. The land did need the moisture.

I went to Bible Study last night and was blessed. Our topic is Caring for Others. It's so important to think of others even when we're busy. I need to be more aware of what is going on around me.

Doitforme: You're doing great! Keep it up! Send me some of your warm weather! :)

Pravda: I'm so glad to hear that Callie is holding her own. She is still in my prayers. I also can identify with you about exercise. I am finding it a real struggle. No excuses! Let's get moving!!

Terese: Sometimes it is mind over matter. Our attitude is a decision most of the time. I really struggle with that. My DH is so good for me in that he lets me know when I have a bad attitude.

Sami: I will definitely pray for Madison. I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

TeeJay: Welcome! This is a wonderful place to come for encouragement. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

Ginny: You seem to be so busy all the time. Do you take time for yourself? I hope so. You deserve it.

Have a wonderful day!!

pravda
04-17-2002, 02:55 PM
We had a bought with Tornados last night. That was scary. They were too close to my house. I was at work, but my Ds and Dh were home. I was so worried! But God was watching over us and they never came close to our neighborhood! I was so thankful. They were like 1/2 mi away though.

Today I am determined to stay on plan. I am doing good so far.

TeeJay-Welcome. We are glad you found us! Hope that you get the encouragement you need here. We are here for you, just ask!

Sami-I will pray for Madison. I am not too sure how close you are to the family, but with Callie, we are best friends, the best thing we have done for them, is be there to listen, hold there hands and pray!

Wilma-glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am determined to get in some kind of excersice today! What about you?

For any that I missed...Hello and have a great Wednesday!

pravda
262/245/125
mini goal 220 aug 2002

Gutchie
04-17-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi girls, and Gary.
1st. week saw a loss of 3 pounds. I was thrilled until I read that 9, way to go girl! Congrats!

My prayers go out to the early "little babes". Dh and I lost 2 tiny ones born away to early, unfortunately neither son born alive.
Such progress has been made today in neo departments they can do much more now. God Bless the little child.

Summer is here in Southern Ontario. Gee, 2 weeks ago a blizzard, now, 85 degrees and a sweat happening while working at the barn chores. The 2 goats, and our quarter horse are flying about the fields enjoying every moment of it. Ds has already been stung by the first bee on the farm and as for the lady bugs, you ladies want some? Talk about lots of them, we're swatting them everywhere.

Well its Wednesday evening and it finds me off to Bible Study.
Our topic this month, the book of Romans.
God Bless each of you.
Have a good OP week everyone.
Hugs from the farm.

Sister Joanne

Doin It Right
04-17-2002, 10:20 PM
Just checking in. We are still living with dd and the mono. It has been 3 weeks. I think she is better but not yet ready to return to school. Still very tired and severe pain.

I am recommitting each day to better eating although I am still making some bad choice, and recommiting each day. A positive note is I am concentrating on eating more vegetables, and I am walking 5 times a week. Right now I think I am stress eating. Excuses or not, I need to get on track and quite sabatoging my best efforts.
De

Doin It Right
04-17-2002, 10:21 PM
A thought just occured to me, I eat in the evening to relax. That is when I do the worst of my eating. Then when the food relaxs me, I go to bed.

Any ideas about how to change this behavior?

De

EZMONEY
04-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Hi Everyone--
Just got home from watching my neice in a play at her high school-- it was really fun. Welcome TeeJay. Joanne, I just love the book of ROMANS don't you! For me it has all the stuff we really need to be working towards becoming "Christlike". The book has comforted me many times. Well, DE, my advice would be to eat dinner, rest awhile then for your RELAXATION for the evening take your walk then, rather than at another time in the day, if you can. Then come home and have a LIGHT snack if you still need one--okie-dokie.
Gotta go- In CHRIST and HIS LOVE-Gary

doitforme
04-18-2002, 09:33 AM
Hi !! congradulations joanne 3lbbs is a great start.
Glad to hear callie, Madison still holding their own. Pray for them every night. De at least your making a concious effort to add veggies, since your under a great deal of stress at this time, that in itself is great start. Gary- your right about Romans. One of my favorite verses is Romans 5:8 God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
Then we have nerve enough to have him play second fiddle in our lives, But through His grace He loves us anyway. Pray you all have a blessed day, off to bowling. :wave:

Zoe
04-18-2002, 03:40 PM
Hello my friends ~ Just a quick note, can’t stay……we had a BIG storm here this week, lots of thunder and lightening and a TORNADO that touched down only 5 blocks from my house!! What a fright! Anyway, the lightening fried my cable modem and they don’t just let you come get another one. You have to make an appt. and let them come do it for you. Pooh! So I am typing this from work but too busy to ‘chat’. I miss you all……hopefully I’ll be back up and running next week.

Have a great weekend.

Zoe <><