Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Default Anybody doing Body For Life?

I posted this previously, but it was in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone here has been doing the BFL, or has done it in the past and what they think of it.

I just received the diet pack from my gym and I'm hoping to lean out and build some muscle.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #2  
Mel

Hi Taurie,
Many of us here have done Body for Life or similar programs. It was my introduction to a structured weightlifting and nutrition program. I did 2 challenges, more or less by the gook, before branching out and experimenting with different approaches.

I think for your goals of gaining muscle, it's a fabulous program. From your stats, it looks like you don't need to lose weight, but want to change you body composition. BFL is a great way to do that. Don't be surprised if you actually gain scale weight and get smaller. When I did my first 12 week challenge, I gained 2 pounds, lost 8% body fat, and went from a tight size 6 (US) jeans size to a loose 4.

Usually I tell women who are using BFL to lose weight to do more cardio, but I think in your case, the original plan would work.

Be careful of the free days- for many of us it re-triggered old binge eating habits.

Have fun and stick around!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #3  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Taurie!

I've also been successful following the Body for Life program. It was my introduction to lifting and eating as well. For the most part I just continued to incorporate many of the eating principles into my eating even today. It has really helped me develop better eating habits such as making sure I always have a good protein source at every "feed" as well as eating at evenly spaced intervals. The best thing I learned from the program was to take time to prepare a healthful mini meal during that mid afternoon crazy time when my eating would just spiral out of control.

Good luck! and enjoy the program.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Here ya go:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119528
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144724
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142759
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138896
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106361

Also if you do a search for "body for life" (put it in quotes in the search field), you'll get 20+ pages of results.

Hope that helps!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies! I just wanted to try a different plan for a bit to re-motivate myself. It's good to know the plan is a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post

Also if you do a search for "body for life" (put it in quotes in the search field), you'll get 20+ pages of results.

Hope that helps!

AAAhhhh! So that's how you do it. I've tried it, but I obviously did it wrong!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, that 3-letter limit can mess up your search results. But if your 3-letter word is part of a group of words in quotes, then the search works.

I found that out via trial and error.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #7  

Cool.

I wish there was someone here to buddy up with... my bf was going to do along with me, but then decided against the investment. He doesn't need it though... he's a freak of nature; naturally lean and puts muscle on by an occasional visit to the gym.