20-Somethings - When are you the hungriest?

View Full Version : When are you the hungriest?

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm curious. I've noticed with me that I'm the most in the morning or mid morning.

I usually do Breakfast at 6:45, snack 8:15, snack 10, maybe another snack at 11:30 and then lunch at 12:30 or 1, snack around 3:30 or 4, dinner 6:30 and then I'm good for the rest of the night maybe a snack around 8:30 but very light.

I wonder why I'm so hungry in the morning. It's fine with me, I'd rather be hungry in the morning than evening.

What about you?

Star2Be
09-24-2008, 12:57 PM
I think I get the most hungry right before I have my dinner, and then a couple hours after dinner. I'm really bad at keeping up with having snacks to keep my metabolism up all day; I really just kinda have the three main meals and random snacks on days where I feel like I need one. Thus when I get around to dinner it's usually been 3-4 hours since the last time I ate anything (sometimes 5 hours, heh) and I usually feel like inhaling my entire kitchen by that point, lol. But I never want to have dinner toooo early because I don't want to get the after-dinner hunger too early, either, LOL. A couple hours or so after I have dinner, I always get really bad mouth-hunger--I know I'm not actually hungry because I just had dinner, but I just feel like eating/tasting something (usually something sweet). I think it's because I usually stay up pretty late after dinner, so I have enough time to digest it and be ready for more! Lol. But I'm usually pretty good at cutting myself off after dinner, or if I have anything it's just a piece of fruit or something, so I don't feel too guilty.

I've found that the earlier I eat, the hungrier I am all day. I'm sure it has something to do with jump-starting your metabolism and such, which is good but also sooo frustrating when I feel like I'm never full! Lol. So I always have breakfast but I wait until 10 or so. I'm not usually hungry right when I wake up, but a few hours later I get the tummy gurgles, and that's when I know it's time for breakfast! :D If I could do the "6 small meals" thing, though, I think I would. It just doesn't fit into my schedule (especially when I go back to school, I'll be lucky if I can even make myself have breakfast every day! :p).

caligirl98
09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
monday, wedenesday and every other friday, breakfast at 5, snack at 10, lunch at 1:30 and dinner maybe around 9pm...I'm always super hungry at like 9am and 11am on these days. Tues and Thur, breakfast is 7, lunch at 1:30 and dinner maybe around 8pm and I don't usually feel starving on these days. I'm very used to skipping meals...I need to learn how to snack during the day. I only had 1400 cals yesterday because I didn't snack.

sh3l5
09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
im hungriest right after my workout....
hence the way i schedule it to finish bout 5 or ten mins before my tea...

breakfast 6.45am....
orange 10am....
yoghurt 1am....
tea 5pm....

i try not to snack in the evening but if i do its something little....
if its after 8pm i just go without and crave breakfast the following morning....

Star2Be
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
^ Don't mean to pry, but is that all you eat all day? That doesn't sound like very much! :?:

mamaspank
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I am always the most hungry at dinner. I could go all morning and afternoon without a morsel -- I have only done this a handful of times saving my points for an explosively awesome meal, but I easily could do this every day. I have toast in the morning and snack on fruit all day and have a very small light lunch. At dinner is where I usually fit in all my vegis -- a huge bowl -- and I will eat something dense. I think this is because I usually go for a run before dinner.

junebug41
09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
11 a.m. and 4 p.m. I dunno why :shrug: Therefor I'm prone to early lunches and dinners :)

Kelbrina
09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, aside from always being hungry - yikes! I'm usually hungriest after work/school. I usually have class from about 10 until 5 with some worked mixed in, so I am STARVING when I get home! Snacking is hard with straight class/work. Ugh.

LandonsBaby
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
im hungriest right after my workout....
hence the way i schedule it to finish bout 5 or ten mins before my tea...

breakfast 6.45am....
orange 10am....
yoghurt 1am....
tea 5pm....

i try not to snack in the evening but if i do its something little....
if its after 8pm i just go without and crave breakfast the following morning....

If that really is all you eat, it's no wonder you can't go to the bathroom.

Fat Pants
09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Seems for me to be anywhere between 9 a.m. until I eat lunch at 11 a.m. I eat breakfast at 6 a.m. so I've started incorporating a snack around 9:30 because I'm just so starving. After lunch I'm usually pretty good the rest of the day, but being really hungry and having bagels or donuts at your disposal likeI do is not a good idea!

ghost
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm usually hungriest around noon and I don't get a lunch break until 1 usually. I have a liquid breakfast, my morning latte, which is super caloric, its a bad habit I just can't break. I snack sometimes in the mid morning if I bring a healthy snack to work with me, but I've found that having a morning snack actually makes me feel hungrier before I get my lunch break. Weird huh?

NishKitten
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm never hungry for breakfast, never hungry for dinner. But lunch time is my thing.

I don't know why.

LadyPhoenix
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm usually hungriest between 3:00-5:00 because that's because my favorite shows are on then and I'm used to eating while I watch those shows. So I don't overeat, I have a prepackaged snack so I can control how much I eat.

belinda245
09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I am usually the hungriest around 6- 8 pm.. which is usually after my 60 min walk on the treadmill.

luvja
09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
^ Don't mean to pry, but is that all you eat all day? That doesn't sound like very much! :?:

In the UK I think they call Supper, "Tea". I remember my english neighbour said "It's tea time" and I was like WTF? No, I don't want tea, I wan't dinner, it's 5pm! She's like yeah, same thing...
I was so confused. Lol.

Anywho, I find I'm most hungry at night.... I don't snack much during the day. I eat 3 meals a day, then usually a snack at night.

CandyKisses0204
09-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Im usually most hungry right after a work our no matter what time and then around 7 at dinner time if i dont eat right on time i just want to eat everything in sight

kukristen
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
ALLWAAAYYS around 1 p.m. or 2 p.m.

I think it's because that's when I start to get a little restless/bored at work... And I usually stay a bit hungry until I go home. As soon as I'm in my car and leaving though, I'm not hungry any more. Probably ALL mental, and it drives me crazy... :dizzy:

LandonsBaby
09-24-2008, 05:07 PM
In the UK I think they call Supper, "Tea". I remember my english neighbour said "It's tea time" and I was like WTF? No, I don't want tea, I wan't dinner, it's 5pm! She's like yeah, same thing...
I was so confused. Lol.

That may be what she meant. Even so, her afternoon doesn't consist of much food.

Blcarter84
09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I am usually the hungriest around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Which is fine cuz that's lunch time for me, unless I am at work then i can't eat until I get done usually around 4 or so.

msolson81
09-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I get horribly hungry at around 9 or 10PM. It is really tough to go to bed sometimes with grumbles in my stomach, but it I can't take it, I'll eat a WW cheese stick and that usually does the trick without going overboard so late in the evening.

yesitsmeagain
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I"m definetely hungriest in the morning!
7- Breakfast
10- Snack (STARVING at this point)
12- Lunch
15- another snack (smaller than morning)
17- supper

I can easily go without eating the rest of the evening.

DRose
09-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I am usually not hungry until dinner time, I will normally have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. I'll have a medium sized meal at dinner. My big thing is I stay up late and I always end up wanting something at night even if I'm not hungry. I will try to ignore it but if I just can't bare it I might have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn, or something light like that. Although I have to be careful because if I start it is hard to stop.

princess2323
09-29-2008, 05:33 PM
i'm a dinner eater too--- i wont have much if anything for breakfast---nothing at all most days maybe just a coffee---
lunch is usually a sandwich ---sometimes even a coffee as well
dinner is when i eat its like i dont even get hungry until like 5 or 6 and then its like i havent really eaten anything

carinna
09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
It's a combo between dinner time and late-night. Which is why I have to work hard to be extra good during the day. In case of the occassional slip-up at night.

Chele615
09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I usually get hungry around 9:30am and then again around 4:30pm. I am up by 5am every morning for work...so 9:30 is my little snack time right before homeroom. Then 4:30 is so close to dinnertime, but so far away too!! haha

UrsusMaritimus
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm ALWAYS hungry in the evenings. I try to have a late dinner, because otherwise I'll crave things at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. It's so annoying!

Wolf Goddess
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Usually right before dinner, especially right after I start cooking it. I'll get a wiff of some veggies sauteing or meat roasting and I'll hear my stomach rumble. The time between lunch and dinner is usually the longest time without food that I go - often I don't have time in the afternoon for a snack.

joyra
09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
I am always hungriest after work, no matter what time I get off. At my old job I got done at 3:30 and would come home and eat and eat and eat until I decided I had just had dinner at 4:30 pm.

My new job I am home at 5-5:30. Unfortunately, if I eat when I get home, I am done for the night... my boyfriend gets home 10-30 minutes before me and if I come home and he's eating, I start eating--and no exercise gets done.

I'm starting JM 30 Day Shred on Monday so that will have to change.

Anyways, I eat:
7:40 - Light breakfast, yogurt or small muffin
12:30 - Korean-style cafeteria lunch... I eat about half as much as my skinny Korean co-workers
5:30 - 7:00 - Big *** dinner

butterflyangels
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I tend to get hungry late afternoon/right before dinner, and then around 8-9 o'clock. I think it has a lot to do with boredom and/or emotional eating, which is something I'm trying to work on.

Annita
09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
i don't feel hungry, unless i skip a main meal... >_< what i eat a day usually

7-8AM: breakfast
12PM: lunch
4 PM or 7PM: snack
8.30PM or 10PM: dinner

i eat basically 3 main meals only. Any extra meals or snack just keep me too full for the main course and then i often skip the main meal when i eat extra snack time. That's not good and so that's why ^-^ Altho it sounds little but it's 1500-1800 calories per day ^-^