General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 08:06 PM   #1  

Question New, and very confused

Hello there. I've recently jumped on the Slim Fast bandwagon and had a couple questions. The main question is that I've read a lot of things about eating low fat. But Slim Fast is more low-cal than low-fat. I mean on low-fat, you could eat a bag of sugar, which is fat free. Could someone tell me the difference between low-cal and low-fat, which I should concentrate on, and how much fat does one need to eat? Thanks a lot
Old 04-11-2002, 09:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

For what its worth, this is my opinion . . .

I think you shoud keep an eye on all of it. I've been counting calories for over a year now and I find that the only way to fill up well enough on my lower-calorie level is to eat low-fat and lower sugar levels. Basically, if you eat a small enough number of calories, you'll lose weight but in order to feel fullfilled (and more likely to stick with it as a result), I'd suggest limiting the fat and sugar too. A good tool is www.fitday.com where you can input your daily foods and it will let you know how you're doing

From what I've heard one should eat no more than 30% of their calories from fat and no less than 10% from fat (one needs SOME fat in their diet!). I try to aim for between 20% and 25% fat myself.. Its tough sometimes but I actually feel much better when I'm not eating that extra fat!

I aim for around 1400-1500 calories a day so that should work out to be like between 30 and 40 grams of fat a day.. give or take a couple.

Hope that helps.. I've got my 2 cents all over the place tonight.. so just tell me to shut up if I'm babbling

Christine
195/148/130

Last edited by silence; 04-11-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Closed Thread