20-Somethings - Anyone else taking multivitamins?

View Full Version : Anyone else taking multivitamins?

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 02:22 PM
So I started taking a multi vitamin a couple of days ago and it seems to be helping. I have been eating really well but I was just wondering if anyone else is taking any vitamins and what kind and so on.

LandonsBaby
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm starting out slow on a regimen to help with my thyroid and adrenals. This week I'll get getting more of what I need. This is what I'm doing:

- cod liver oil
- fish oil
- sea salt disolved in water
- lemon water (helps the body become alkaline)
- vitamin c
- vitamin b subingual
- selenium
- magnesium
- calcium
- zinc
- cranberry
- liquid chlorophyll
- adrenal glandular (yeah, this is from live animals)
- adrenal cortex glandular
- thyroid glandular
- digestive enzyme (havne't found one i want yet but I'm looking)
- dandellion root (i need to find this too - got it)
- clay detoxifier
- multi vitamin (maybe...haven't decided yet)

JulieRN
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I try to take a multivitamin, iron supplement, fish oil, and calcium every day. Not that I remember every day :P

DRose
09-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I take Nature Made Multi for her, as well as, Nutrition Now calcium soft chews (chocolate flavor) which is fun because it tastes like a treat but really I am just taking my vitamins. :)

I've also been thinking taking an iron supplement as I think I might be anemic.

hmtklein
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I feel much better on multivitamins than off. I took the GNC active for women now I am on Fatigued to Fantastic- frankly I think GNC did the trick just fine. I also take essential fatty acids.

zenor77
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I take a Rainbow Light multi-vitamin, fish oil, and extra vitamin D (they just raised the RDA.)

Shannon in ATL
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
I've been taking One A Day Women's Weight Control Formula & calcium supplements every day. I'm thinking about adding a fish oil or flaxseed, and have considered changing the vitamin because of the caffeine in this one.

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Make sure that if you take a fish oil capsule that they have the special coating otherwise all day you will be able t taste fish in your mouth and burp it up. ITS DISGUSTING!!

mojolove05
09-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Do you think taking a mulit-vitamin would help me from being so exhausted and tired all the time? I don't think I do enough to stay this tired all the time so I am looking for something that will help me out. Anyone have any ideas?

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I looked for a multivitamin that didn't have CRAZY percentages for your daily allowance. And especiallyl no caffeine. And since I have been taking it I do feel more energized and I think it is helping make sure I am not deficient in one category, so that could be the boost.

Taurie
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I take a Rainbow Light multi-vitamin, fish oil, and extra vitamin D (they just raised the RDA.)

Those are quality vitamins.

I'm currently taking Solaray multies, and a chromium. When I remember I take their Yohimbie before my cardio in the morning... helps to burn fat.
I sometimes take Solgar multies, but the taste is sooo strong.

I also take whole foods brand flax oil capsules.

When I get sore muscles I take a cal/mag.

carinna
09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I take a regular woman's one-a-day type vitamin, but not for my weightloss. Just to help stay healthy.

JasonsLea
09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I take a Equate women's multi vitamin, two fish oil capsules (Nature Made brand, no fish burps), and a magnesium tablet daily......well almost daily! :p

Taylor86
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I take a mutli vitamin with no added iron (because they were left over when I started atkins and when I finish them I will get more with iron) and omega 3,6 and 9. I need to add a calcium

rachiebach
09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
I take the One-A-Day Weight Smart Advance. I just started drinking milk again too bc I needed to add the calcium but HATE swallowing pills! I have to bite the one a day in half as it is!

The multi-vitamin for me is just to make sure that i'm getting all the essentials into my diet even if I don't eat them during the day. It has green tea extract and two other things in it that are supposed to speed your metabolism. Seems to be working! But you HAVE to eat something right after you take it or you will vomit...trust me! They aren't kidding on the box..

Taylor86
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I HATE pills. HATE HATE HATE. I freak out when I need an advil.

jmfan317
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I take a mulitvitamin pretty much everyday

JulieJ08
09-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm starting out slow on a regimen to help with my thyroid and adrenals. This week I'll get getting more of what I need. This is what I'm doing:

- cod liver oil
- fish oil
- sea salt disolved in water
- lemon water (helps the body become alkaline)
- vitamin c
- vitamin b subingual
- selenium
- magnesium
- calcium
- zinc
- cranberry
- liquid chlorophyll
- adrenal glandular (yeah, this is from live animals)
- adrenal cortex glandular
- thyroid glandular
- digestive enzyme (havne't found one i want yet but I'm looking)
- dandellion root (i need to find this too)
- clay detoxifier
- multi vitamin (maybe...haven't decided yet)

Wow!

junebug41
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I HATE pills. HATE HATE HATE. I freak out when I need an advil.

:lol:

I have purchased bottles of multis several times, but I never make it more than a week before I forget :o

NishKitten
09-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I take a hair, skin and nails vitamin with Omega 3's.

And I drink a 16 oz bottle of water with 4 tablespoons of elderberry concentrate every day to control allergies and asthmatic symptoms I get from it.

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I dont' ever take anything so a little goes a long way for me. Just like you "Taylor86" I dislike putting anything in my body. On a super rare occasion and I mean maybe a handful of times a year I will take an excedrin or something for a headache and that is it. Which is good I guess. But trying to get into the regular habit of taking a multivitamin is challenging so instead of putting it in the cupboard I have it right by my alarm clock, computer, and fish food because I use those all the time. It has helped so far to remember

saintxio
09-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Haha. My boyfriend gets pissed at me if I don't take a multi-vitamin. He bought me a bottle of One-a-Day Women's when I ran out of centrum brand kind last month. It's amusing.. because he'd forget everything else... birthdays, allergies, grocery lists.. etc. but that in particular he remembers.

I take it everyday knowing he cares. lol.:hug:

Iconised Ghost
09-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Do you think taking a mulit-vitamin would help me from being so exhausted and tired all the time? I don't think I do enough to stay this tired all the time so I am looking for something that will help me out. Anyone have any ideas?

I think it would probably help, i have found it definately has helped me, i have gone from not being able to get up before 10 to being able to get up at 7am pretty easily. I take a once-a-day executive B stress pill (basically a heap of different B vitamins in one pill) and a once-a-day women's multi

Lackie
10-23-2008, 07:13 PM
So I am bringing this back from the dead since I have a question, but since it works in this thread hooray.

So where do you get your vitamins and what ones do you take if you haven't answered here. I was looking to get some omega's and the fish oil with the special coating just have no clue where to start. Thanks. :)

emcmac87
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I take a multi vitamin from whole foods, biotin, folic acid, a calcium supplement from viactiv and fish oil from whole foods but I am switching to a fish oil gummie because I hate swallowing the huge fish owl pills.

Bee20nine
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I take walmart brand womens daily. When I started with a personal trainer she recommended that I start taking one, and since then I have.

mayness
10-23-2008, 09:20 PM

It helps me! I take a women's multivitamin, B-vitamin complex, and slow-release iron. (My iron levels were always normal when tested, but I swear I have more energy when I take it. Maybe it's my imagination.) I DEFINITELY feel a difference if I forget to take all my vitamins... much more sluggish, and I get tired earlier in the evening.

Although, if something else is wrong health-wise, the vitamins probably won't help. Back when I was on depo-provera birth control, I was tired 100% of the day, no matter what I took... never felt a difference whether I took vitamins or not. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about your lethargy to make sure everything is ok otherwise.

jahjah1223
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Why are you guys taking fish oil vitamins? and does it help with weightloss?