Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #57

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #57

tommysgirl18
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
HI & :welcome3: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer. :woops::running::tread:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :coffee::cofdate::coffee2:

Shopaholic1204
09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Happy Birthday & Anniversary Sassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope they're both great!!!!

Nothing new to report. I moved a lot of boxes last night and this morning. My arms & legs hurt, lol. But its a good kind of hurt, if that makes sense. We're going to my friend's house in PA when Fonzo gets off work. We're gonna pick up our new kitty, and watch the SATC movie!! I'm so excited for both. I shall post pics of the new kitty as well as her name (we picked one last night) when I get home.

Oh ya..Fonzo showed me where he's working at. The ships (if you wanna call them that) are called Yard Patrol. They are smaller than small boys, lol. It was totally weird seeing them after 5 years of seeing giant *** aircraft carriers. So ya..he's basically gonna be fixing the engines on those.

tommysgirl18
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
we were over 100 posts again......so I thought I would start us over again!

so much for Logan doing a daily thing called a nap......he is avoiding it like the plague right now. I have already folded and put away the rest of our laundry. Now, I am about to go get the mail and talk to the office manager about getting a couple of things looked at that need to get looked at.

thanks for the nice comments about my new avatar! I took it the other day when we had our little bonfire and BBQ the other day.

Sassy~ Happy early Birthday and happy early anniversary!!!!

suetalks
09-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Good afternoon...Thought I would stop by to say I have been running errands all day...so busy, busy.

I have also put on chili for today so DH can eat the rest of his cornbread. Great minds think alike Cristina.

Talk later...

Sassy_Chick
09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks Ya'all. We're going out w/ friends tonight.

TTYL!!!

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Caught up just in time to catch Sassy's birthday is tomorrow!!

Happy Birthday Sassy!! Wishing you a wonderful day :) :celebrate::celebrate:

I think cleaning for 5 straight hours allows me to have pancakes and some sausage links, don't you?? I do and I did :D. I had some pancakes this morning and don't feel too guilty. Cleaning is hard work!! Especially those dang beds, I am soooo exhausted...and the novality is starting to wear off....I really need an office job, lol

Jules - why is Teri in NYC?

Mindee- How is your ankle? What kind of cookies did you bake?? Gabster has her school pictures on Monday. Thanks for the new thread :)

Franice - ummm, I have a dish washer you can have?? I don't use it, uses too much water and I have to wash the dishes even before I put the dishes in the machine. lol....do any of the apt's have w/d hook up?? Maybe in the future you guys can transfer?? Just a thought, in the meantime, think of all the calories you are burning going up and down the stairs!!:D

Sue - Good for you on staying below 170. I am weighing above the 143 but I have been eating late so I don't beat myself up too much, figure it will go right back down......you are doing great! :) YUM to chili!

Cristina - hmmm, I forget what you wrote..lol...sorry!! How are you doing?? How is little Chase?? I want an office job now!! I don't want variety.....and I hate thinking that way but I really think my mom hit the nail on the head.....I am too special to clean :queen:.........ok, she didn't say special. lol...Full time jobs are so hard to find in this area, I am going to have to paste 2 part time jobs together....at least with this motel job I will have medical.

Katy - How is L?? Did she ever go back to school?? I think the last I read she was home sick. Good for you on working out in the yard!! You deserve a cookie :D

Tammy - I wouldn't work more hours either...that is why I was off for 14 months, lol. jk,,,,how are you doing today??

Asia,,,where are you chickie???

oops, better go pick up Gaby for Adventure Club, she likes it so far. Also next Tuesday there is going to be a Good News starting up after school ....a church is doing it. I thought that was different, usually church activities aren't in the school.

Trying to get Rach to take the bus down Thursday afternoon, miss her so much. She got her drivers permit and she started school, good for her ,,,,and Beck is pulling in A's.....yay, to both of those girls.

anyway, will have more time to chat tomrrow!! You all take care!

suetalks
09-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Sassy- Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a good time.

Susan- I don't think I would like a job cleaning...can't you find one that involves going to the beach? :)

Well, the chili was good and I had 1/2 bowl. Also had a salad. I have found that I am getting full on much less food..good feeling. And I don't crave snacks...much :)
Rode 2 miles and feel pretty good.

I don't know if I will lose any faster this week, but I am plugging along. We go out of town Thurs. and Fri...so don't know how eating out 2 days will play out.
Then in Oct. we go on vacation for 2 weeks...might be a disaster.
I wanted to be 160 when I hit 60 next month, but time is too short for that now. Darn!

Oh well...just wanted to log in the bike riding. :)

tommysgirl18
09-23-2008, 11:35 PM
the kids are all in bed and asleep! I just got done watching TBL, and now I am watching L & O. Brandon and Logan told me that they wanted hot dogs for dinner, so I made the kids hot dogs. Then I was contemplating what I was going to have for dinner.....when the phone rang. It was my neighbor telling me that she was sending her boyfriend over with their leftovers for me to eat. She knows that Tuesdays are the nights when Tommy has lodge, so she sent them over here for me to eat. So, I had some meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner.

now I am wanting some chili, but Tommy will only make it if it is cold outside.....so I think it is suppose to be cold next week.

Sue~ Have fun this weekend!!!

SuzieQ~ I made some peanut butter cookies the other day. My ankle is doing better. I am still not going gung ho on my workout dvd.....so I am working on my abs for now. I will start back into my walking workouts on the 29th when I start my next challenge with Leslie Sansone.

Sassy_Chick
09-24-2008, 02:31 AM
Hola Chickareenos!

Had a great time with my friends!!! :celebrate: Now its time for bed!!! Nightie night! :yawn:

FrouFrou
09-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Okay, just a quick HI & bye from me this morning. Getting ready to head out in about an hour. Not sure how long I will be gone...about a week I am thinking so...will see you ladies when I get back.

SASSY...again, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU! And Anniversary too!

Have a great day, and rest of the week ladies!

Shopaholic1204
09-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Sassy~Happy Birthday!!!!

Susan~LoL!!! I actually dont mind not having a dishwasher. I just hate it when theres like a thousand dishes to wash. That gets really annoying. And nope...none of the other apartments have w&d hookups. I really miss my washer & dryer, lol.

Well..heres a pic of my new kitten Stormee!!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_4832.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_4834.jpg

Like I said earlier..she's a maine coon. She's a kitten, but she's as big as my other cats. She's really skinny right now, so we gotta fatten her up. She's also very scared. Probably cuz she's been to 4 houses in the past 2 days, lol. But she's sooooooo friendly. The other cats sniffed her out, but it will take some time for them to get used to her. Which is okay, cuz Stormee is just hiding out under the bed. She likes to hide. She's sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

Have a safe trip Cristina

Sassy_Chick
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks All!!!! Francie -- your new kitty is very cute!!! :) I hope you all are doing well!!! :hug:

suetalks
09-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Cute kitty Francie.

Again Sassy...hope you are enjoying your day!

I rode a mile this morning before breakfast and had to stop and eat...I was starved all the sudden. I will go ride more in a bit.
Just packing a few items for an overnight trip, leaving in the a.m tomorrow and back Fri. night. I hope I can curtail the eating..ugh..and it is a buffet. Yikes!
Still wondering why the scales won't move, and having people tell me I look like I am losing.

Not a lot going on today, just one load of wash and a little more yard work. DH is mowing right now, so I have to wait. I planted my irises and squirrels dug them all up. They left them laying though when the found out it wasn't nuts...lol. I am moving some plants around that got too large for their areas this year, or some that just plain didn't like the sun/shade where I put them. I am learning by trial and error and just move things if they don't work out...

Have a nice day ladies and a great Thurs. & Fri. as I won't be checking in.

P.S. Have a safe trip Cristina.

RosieKate
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Sue and Cristina - Have safe trips! See you when you return!

Francie - very cute kitty! So how many cats is that now? I like cats, but my DD's dust allergy keeps us from getting one :(

Mindee - that sounds like a yummy dinner. On Sparkpeople, if you are on the food diary page and you look at the very bottom of the right hand bar, there will be a link that says "Spark Recipes". Click on that, then when you are on the new page, there will be a tab on the top that says " Recipe Calculator", and that is where you can enter your own recipes and get a calorie count. Sometimes the news is not good, as I found out.

Susan-..idk if I could clean for a job, but I could see how it could be therapeutic in a way. You can just turn off the brain, get some good exercise, and feel like a job well done. There's something kind of appealing to that. I'm so glad to see that Astoria is working out so well for you and Gaby; it seems to be the change of pace that you needed to have.

Sassy..sounds like you vacay is going extremely well :) Enjoy your celebrations!

I spent a couple hours in the back yard this morning; now I have piles of produce to deal with. Probably going to freeze most of it. I have basil, kale, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I also have apples that I swapped some zucchini for with my friend. Don't have large enough amounts to can. I can make pesto out of the basil. I can cook the kale and there won't be all that much after it cooks down. I'll make applesauce in the slow cooker. So, I guess my day is only beginning,lol! I did weigh in at 173 today, so i was able to neutralize the cookie binge. Now I just need to stay OP and stop having these little splurges that set me back.

tommysgirl18
09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
popping in shortly........

I went through all the clothes that our neighbor brought over for Marissa. This girl is definitely a typical girl! I haven't even gone through the stuff in the basement yet! And she already has two dressers full, AND most of my side of our walk in closet! I am telling you, she could possibly take over the whole entire walk in closet! (although Tommy won't like that very much!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASSY!!!!!!

Francie~ What a cute little kitty!!!!

I gotta run........I still have a couple of other things before I get Brandon off the bus! A friend of ours called and asked me if I wanted some pizzas. Her work has some extra and she called to see if we wanted some.

Shopaholic1204
09-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Katy~we have 4 cats now, LOL!! this is the last one we'll probably get too.

tommysgirl18
09-25-2008, 12:43 AM
popping in quickly...........

Brandon has his ENT appointment in less 12 hours. I am anxious, excited, and nervous about his appointment! I will make sure that I report to you all how it goes when we get home.

I was going to make some cookies, but Tommy told me "sit down on the couch, watch your program, and relax! you can make them tomorrow. I am going to make my cookies tomorrow also." So, I turned the oven off, put every thing away and parked my butt on the couch to watch the Oprah from the other day with Gwenyth on it. Then I watched an episode of The Doctor's from the other day. At one point I fell asleep on the couch while watching the doctors.

oh yeah.....our neighbor sent over her leftovers for us. she made greek pork chops, white rice and a vegetable. we had tacos for dinner......then she sent those over. I am trying to lose weight, and I think Tommy is going to find what I lose! our neighbor is 100% Italian, so she loves to cook and cooks enough for an army.

in fact, she is actually going to watch Marissa and Logan for us while we take Brandon to the ENT. She told us that she is going to clean our apartment for us while we are gone. I joked with Tommy that we will have to call her when we go to find something. (this was also the same neighbor that offered to wash our laundry for us so it wouldn't cost us any money.) Her dad loves Tommy, and in fact, he went to go to the store the other night and sat and watched DWTS at their place.

Sassy_Chick
09-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Hey all. Thanks so much for all the bday wishes............We were out ALL day and we walked :running: and walked :running: and walked :running: I am totally pooped and so so so sore!!! :stars: Off to bed now! :yawn:

TTYL!

Oh P.S. almost forgot -- DH got the job at the Childrens Hospital!!! :woohoo: What a GREAT Bday present!!! :cheer3:

suetalks
09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::hug::hug::hug::ca rrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

YAY! YAY!YAY! for DH getting the job!!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons: :balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

PARTY!

Now, I am off on my overnight trek....Play nice ladies.

RosieKate
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:Yay for the new job!:carrot::carrot::carrot: What a wonderful Birthday present...

Mindee - Hope the ENT oges well ( sounds like it will) looking forward to a report. Wow - what a neighbor...does she Fed Ex ;)

Francie- lol, does this make you a crazy cat lady...they are hard to resist , aren't they..all so cute!

Sue - have a great trip!

So far, I have been staying OP... and sleeping better, wouldn't you know? I wish I could just keep this in the front of my brain when ever I am confronted with a bucket load of chocolate cake. Sigh. Anyone watching DWTS? We are loving Cloris Leachman! What a broad...in the best sense of the word. Ted really looked kind of pi**ed to be voted off. Oh well, that's the way the ball bounces. Now that Heroes has started, and Survivor starts tonight, I am actually watching TV again. Well, sort of. I watch Heroes on the computer. NBC started allowing people to download some series to PC. It is a much better viewer than their online streaming.

Off to knit and listen to podcasts. Have a great day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Where did Cristina go? I guess I missed that, I will have to go back and read. CRistina & Sue..have a safe trips!

It is early release day for Gaby's school, so only have a second. Working on job stuff this morning, and saw a clerical one come out at the unemployment office so might look into that one too.

Upset because the ex won't let R & R take the bus down here. I think it is safe, it is a big bus and doesn't make stops til it gets here. So, I might have to dash into town tomrrow, it is like I need a hug from those girls!

Sassy - Congrats to DH on the job!

Katy - Cleaning is hard, hard work. lol ...Ya, it isn't that bad, I put the tv on CNN and catch the news. A lot of little details to remember which I like, the beds are the hardest....trying to get the comforter just so and I am a perfectionist so I drive myself insane. Nice benefit is we put candy on the table by the survey thingie and I grab tootsie rolls when I am feeling sorry for myself. lmbo....:D I saw a little of DWTS, probably start watching when they narrow it down some more.

Francie - Cute kitty!! I put Momo out this morning and when I went to bring him back in I saw 2 coyotes across the street, scared the crapola out of me. lol Poor Momo....

Mindee- what are greek pork chops?? Sounds yummy. Praying the ENT goes well. :)

aww, out of time, sorry. just here and trying to get things done. Gaby misses her Daddy Doug and sister Rach..so I feel guilty about that but I think we were all in ruts. Rach is doing great w/ her GED classes and getting her permit and so is Becky , pulling in A's....so I think the move was good for all of us.

anyway, better get!

RosieKate
09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Susan- Cristina is in AK ( or is it AR..I forget) Her father is not doing well...will be gone about a week. I took Greyhounds to visit my mom in Eugene when I was 15...and my 13 yo brother would sometimes come along. Ex needs to lighten up...but you know that already ;)

tommysgirl18
09-25-2008, 06:34 PM
we are back from the ENT. The appointment went well.....in fact, the ENT said that his hearing is just fine. The inner ear pressure is fine and the audiologist agreed with him. we are wondering why he failed the previous ones, but we think he might have been distracted when he was tested. So, me and Brandon waited in the waiting area for him to get tested. She asked Brandon where he went to school and Brandon told her there.

The ENT came back and said that he does have fluid in his ear, but not enough to take drastic action in getting the tubes put in. So, he wants to see him in 4 months.....unless he has any problems that would warrant a visit sooner.

SuzieQ~ I am not exactly sure what all goes into Greek pork chops. I know she uses Greek seasonings and some garlic.

Sassy~ YAY FOR DH!!!!!!!!!

Sassy_Chick
09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Chicks. :wave:

Thank You ALL! It was the BEST Bday present I ever got!!! We are both so excited!!! :D We are going to move out of this crapola apt too, probably not until the 1st of the yr, but we are still gonna be moving!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO HAPPYYYYY!!!! :D :D :D :carrot: :dancer: :celebrate: :woohoo:

I haven't done a thing today. Been lazy.....lol. DH is at our friends laying down new flooring. He wanted me to come over I was like, "NO WAY!" lol. I am living it up while I can........lol. Tomorrow is our 10 yr. Wedding Anniversary http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/422/422532memvz2rrp6.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)............No big plans. Infact if it were up to me, I'd just like to stay home and "celebrate" ;) lol.

I hope you all are doing well. DH just called. I guess our friends want to take us out to dinner.......so got to go and get ready....................Man I think I need to go back to work to get some rest! LMAO!!!! :lol3: But I love it! :love: I don't get to see my friends a whole lot due to our schedules being complete opposite, so it is nice to spend time with them! :)

Shopaholic1204
09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Sassy~WOW..10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooooooooooo awesome!!! Many many many congrats!! I hope Fonzo & I can make it to 10 years. YAY for your hubby's new job too!! And yay for moving!!! So much exciting news for you!!!

Katy~I think if I get one more cat, then I'd be a crazy cat lady, LOL!! But that wont happen. OoO..I'm watching Heroes!!! I cant believe how it ended. Me & Fonzo were like...What??!! LoL!!

Susan~Omg..that is scary!! Thats why I dont let my cats out. I'm afraid of whats out there. Plus, they could get catnapped, lol. Plus..they're so girlie, they wouldnt even venture far, lol.

Mindee~Greek pork chops? That sounds good.

Okay..gonna go, Ugly Betty & Grey's Anatomy come on in a few mins!!!! YAY!!!

tommysgirl18
09-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I am suppose to be cleaning the window on the front door....but I sat down and ate a couple of cookies that Tommy made with a glass of milk.

Sassy~ Congratulations on 10 years!! How long have you guys been together?

Mom2Gaby
09-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Good Morning,

Ok, I am going to have to change my ticker because I have gained back to 146. I guess I can't eat sausage and pancakes w/ butter and syrup all the time. :censored::censored:

I am stressed and nervous.....looking for comfort in my food. :D

mmm, Greek prk chops sounds so good Mindee! I am glad the ENT went well. Remember cleaning does not equal cookies. Darn it. lmbo.

Katy - Ak is Arkansas and AR is Arizona ?? I think that is it. Thanks for the info on Cristina's father, I guess I was reading too fast. Ya, ex needs to lighten up but at 74 I don't think that is happening anytime soon...lol

Francie - I know f-ing COYOTES!! Poor Momo, and declawed and a wuss and even girlie.....though a male....course he was fixed so maybe that explains that. lol Did you enjoy the shows?? I haven't watched tv much since I moved, I go to bed at 7pm w/ Gaby. lol

Sassy - Happy 10 years to you and your sweetie!!:lucky::cheer2::cheer3::congrat::celebrat e:

k- paying for this computer time so I better get off.

chat later :)

Shopaholic1204
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Susan~Az is for Arizona..AR is for Arkansas, AK is for Alaska. Well..I know the Az part is right, LOL!!! Awwwwww poor Momo!!! He's all sorts of defenseless. Omg, I usually wake up from my naps at 7pm..and go back to bed at 3am, lol.

I'm sooooooooooo hungry. I had some yogurt for breakfast, and I dunno what to make for lunch. Maybe I'll have a chocolate bar, lol.

Okay..gonna go search for real food.

tommysgirl18
09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
popping in quickly..........

I am so fed up with Brandon's transportation! They came to pick him up......they left a message at 12:19 telling me that the bus driver was there to pick him up and we weren't there so she went on with her route. I called them back and said that we had been standing outside at the time that she was to have been there and we never saw a bus go by. So, then she tells me, "well the bus driver has to drop a kid off in the complex next to us, and she will be back to pick him up at 1:05" Fine.....whatever. So, I get the boys back inside and we sit down and do a puzzle. I sent his teacher an email explaining that he was coming to school but he was going to be late and why.

1:12 comes around and still no bus....I call transportation again to see where the bus is at. They tell me that she will be turning into our complex in a couple minutes. I FINALLY see the bus and Brandon goes in front of our house for her to pick him up..she pulls up on the side of the complex, so I have to basically chase him down to get him on the bus. then I finally get him on his way to school...............

When I talked to Tommy at lunch he says that he is thinking of a dinner for just us tonight! Not sure how that will work........but we shall see!

jules1216
09-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Francie--your new kitty is precious..are any of your declawed? We are thinking about having Hobb's (Ry's kitty) claws removed. He's afraid to even go out on the deck so he will definitely never be an outdoor kitty. I an definitely a Grey's fan--I thought last night's show was good.

SuzyQ--our phone lines were messed up for two days on our road so I had no pc except at work---looked but didn't post--they save everything you look at and type so I don't post much at work. Teri went to NYC with a froend of hers who used to live there--they had a blast

Mindee--glad the appt went well--when I was having the problems with my ear a few months ago--the ear-nose-throat specialist suggested using Mucinex & a saline solution nose spray--you could probabbly use the little nose saline solution for Brandon to see if that helps him -but ask your dr first

Katy--the cleanse went well--I have better color and more energy. I used a product called Thislyn Cleanse by Natures Way. I like the show Life--I think it's back tonight--I usually watch it online too. Haven't watched DWTS--hubby hates reality--and I pushed it with Big Brother

Sassy--that's great news on hubby's new job!! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

Cristina & Sue--warm thoughts and hopes that you both have safe trips..

Tammy--lots of rain this weekend--maybe another hurricane...

I pick Ry up at BWI (Baltimore-Washington airport) Wednedsay morning and we are going to hit the Edgar Allen Poe museum & walk around inner harbor and find somewhere to eat and then he's back for the winter. He will be going back to the Washington & the golf course next season...he's looking into cruise ship jobs... Teri is doing fine--Dave isn't around and isn't even trying since Teri won't take him back--he's been out of jail over 6 weeks and hasn't found a job--he refuses to get a minimum wage one--he goes back to court for not paying his child support for his daughter in Novemebr so he will be in jail another 45 days then...so sad...I have busy, busy, busy at work--I don't think it will ever slow down....

well gotta run...

ps--I was down another 2 pounds at WW weigh in this morning....

Shopaholic1204
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Mindee~Ugh that really sucks about the bus, that has to be so annoying.

Jules~The only declawed is Sassy..and thats because she was a horrible kitten and scratched up my mom's couch and curtains, and she scratched me really bad on the chest. So she had to be declawed. The other ones arent. They're pretty good about only using the scratching posts. We have a ton of them around here, lol. Hey..I see signs for the Baltimore-Washington airport whenever we're going Spirit!! LoL!!!

Mom2Gaby
09-26-2008, 05:53 PM
:cheer: yay Jules! WW is working well for you, congrats. I probably have the 2 pounds you lost. haha. We have some beautiuful crusie ships that come into Astoria, one from Norway just left. Sounds like a fun job for Ry, I am glad he is able to come home for a bit :) I have been without a computer for awhile now..at least I can do job stuff at the unemployment dept, that helps. I did a lot of computer time at work, I cringe who has records to see where I roamed. lol

Francie - Az,Ar,Ak....omg- what a smartie pants you are!! lol I can't keep that straight.
Momo was declawed by my SIL, she was the original owner. After my brother & her had a baby they decided to give Momo to my mother because of his air (Momo's , not my brother - haha) and when I moved in w/ mom for 10 months I fell in love w/ Momo so he came w/ me when I moved out 15 months ago. Wow, has it been that long??

Mindee - Breathe Mindee!! :) Gaby told me she was off by herself in a little cluster of desk. I was kind of annoyed w/ that myself this morning but when the teacher explained the janitor has to raise all of them and he can only do a few at a time the teacher offered Gaby one of the first raised desk because she is so tall. Anyway, the teacher was going to move some more kids over by Gaby today.
Gaby was cute though she said she was moved because some boy was looking at her paper. lol

better go get my Gaby....chat tomorrow.

jules1216
09-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Francie--When Ry gets back we are going to have Hobbs (named for the orange tiger in the Calvin and Hobbs cartoons) declawed. Have you and your sweetie gone into DC yet--next April when the Cherry Blossums near the Jefferson Memorial are in bloom it's beautiful. I have heard that the malls at Tyson's Corner and Potomac Mills are both fun to shop at--Tammy will have to let us know...Teri used to buy from a catalog called Delia's and it seemed there was a store at one of them that we talked about going to.

SuzyQ--there are alot of ski places close by--he's going to look into winter seasonal jobs at one of them too. I think he would have fun a cruise ship. Royal Carribean has two different cruises that leave from the port of Baltimore. Teri took the 5 day one for graduation/18th bday. We were going to do the 7 day one for her 21st but then she had Dominic, now we talke about having to wait a few years and go on a Disney cruise with Dominic.

Well it looks like the two craft shows that are going on this weekend will be rained out....

tommysgirl18
09-27-2008, 06:11 PM
well, we did end up going out last night! our neighbor came over at about 3:30 and says "how come you are not getting ready?" I said "why would I be getting ready?" She says "because you guys are going out tonight, and I am babysitting. do you want me to do your hair and make up for you?"

so we ended up going out to dinner, then to see some friends, and then to WalMart and Meijers to pick up some things....then we came home. It was nice to get out and just be Mindee and Tommy again, and not mommy and daddy. And like usual, the kids were not allowed to be discussed. I had mentioned on the way into the restaurant that it is going to be nice to not have to look at a kids menu, and Tommy says "shhh! we are not talking about the kids tonight."

Jules~ That is great about the 2 pounds!

Francie~ Our cat is also front declawed......she was like that when we got her from my mom. Our cat that we had before was also front declawed.

SuzieQ~ Thanks for the reminder to breathe! I was fit to be tied when I called them back and they told me that they would have to send her back to pick him up. But I didn't want him to miss a day at school. When I told Tommy about it, he said "you should have just kept him home after that." I said "well, I thought about it, but since it was picture day and we don't know when the make up day is I wanted to send him anyways."

Mom2Gaby
09-27-2008, 07:32 PM
:wave: to Jules & Mindee!!

Hope you all are having a great Saturday.

I am off to a bowling birthday party w/ Gaby.

I worked 6 hours this morning and they brought in pizza, I had 2 small slices. I didn't want any but they talked me into it saying I am on the *name of the motel* diet...because we are up and down stairs we won't gain weight. It is true the other ladies are thin but if there is weight to be gained it will find me...lol

Monday is picture day here, I need to take Gaby in this afternoon and get her bangs cut.

k- I guess that is all, I better dash to the party!! :)

Chat more tomorrow. :) :wave:

Sassy_Chick
09-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Well I'm off to bed........I stayed up as late as I could since its back to work tonight..........:( I am beat, so ttyl.

suetalks
09-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Good Sunday afternoon to you all. We had a nice time Thurs./Fri. on our overnight trip. Visited with in-laws and had a couple good meals. Mom and I were really tired out when we got home. I don't know why DH never gets that tired.
Yesterday we went to a family hog roast and card party. Fun time there too.
I made good choices with food at both events, didn't exercise except for lots of walking. I did peek at the scales yesterday morning...just to see if I could eat..lol. I was DOWN a pound, so don't know if that will hold or not for my Monday WI. *fingers crossed*
I vow to get out and ride that darn bike this afternoon and to not over eat at dinner. I am making meatloaf and all the trimmings. Neighbor just brought us some more tomatoes from his vines, so I plan a big serving of those with cottage cheese for me, some green limas and a small slice of meat. Let mom and DH have the taters and gravy. :)
Not doing anything else today except catching up on rest (oh, and my papers and coffee were relaxing this a.m. )

Hi to you all. I will read and catch up tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Good for you Sue on making some healthy choices! Taters & gravy doesn't even sound good to me but the lima beans do :carrot: Crossing fingers that pound holds for you in Mondays WI :)

I made horrible choices yesterday! lol After my 2 slices of pizza I continued to the birthday party and ate 3 more. Went home and ate a tuna salad. I felt like I overate.

I need to get back on track, and today so far so good!

I am going to take Gaby to an Alpaca farm so she can see the animals. It is beautiful here and I am pooped and feeling down some. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow, lets hope.

Sassy- get some rest! I like your Fall border thingie..how do you guys insert that in?? I want one :D

k- need to go clean up and spend time w/ my Gabster.

:wave: to everyone!

tommysgirl18
09-29-2008, 01:55 AM
just popping in to see how things are going........

we had some friends over on Saturday night and hung out. Sunday we just hung out around the house.

now I am starting to get a headache, so I should probably go get in the shower and head to bed.

Sassy_Chick
09-29-2008, 04:55 AM
Morning all............

Well lastnight/this morning is my first night back to work.............man it totally stinks coming back to work after being on vacation...................I am just not in a good mood at all..............No particular reason just not..........Well I do not feel well, that is one, I guess. But other than that just plain out don't wanna be here. :no: Wanna go home and cuddle under the covers and sleep. :yawn:

Well enough of my whining.........:blah:

Have a Good Day.......

Shopaholic1204
09-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Fonzo woke me up at 6:30am cuz he freaked out when he couldnt find his hat, lol. That boy needs to take better care of his stuff.

We had a very productive Saturday. We unpacked A LOT of boxes!!! Most of the stuff ended up in the trash or goodwill bag. We were supposed to unpack on Sunday, but we got totally into watching the last of the 2nd season & the entire 3rd season of Weeds on dvd, lol. Does anyone watch that show? Oh man, its sooooooooooo addicting!!!! We're gonna start watching Nip/Tuck on dvd next.

Aww..I'm watching my cats right now (they're better than watching tv, lol) and Lucky wants to play with Stormee. But Stormee doesnt understand. She keeps running away from Lucky. Poor Luck, lol...she just wants to play with the little kitty. Which btw, Stormee is almost as big as Lucky, LOL!!! I think Lucky is gonna play alone now. April & Sassy are being grumpy pusses cuz they dont like the new kitty, lol. April is trying to bond with Sassy, but she totally hates April, LOL!!! I have like a mini soap opera going on in my own home, LOL!!! The Days of my Cats..LOL!!!

Ohhhhhh so okay..the other day, I was reading the Military Spouse mag..and noticed a bunch of online schools in there!!! I already know what I want to study, so all I have to do is find the right school for me. I could also get a job through this mil. spouse website..But I dont wanna work just yet, lol.

Okay...back to the Days of my Cats. Stormee is finally playing with Lucky. They just chased each other around the couch. They act like I'm not even here. Its so nice to be loved, LOL!!!

Alright..gonna go look at more schools..

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Good Morning!:carrot:

Made it back to 145, so I am happy. I guess you can have your pizza and eat it too. Course I had a good eating day yesterday, so I am sure that helps.

Francie- yay for you and unpacking! I bet you will be sooooo glad when the moving chore is finally complete! What line of work are you hoping to get into? I was thinking of medical transcription, it takes 7 months to a year to complete the schooling and you can work from home.

Mindee- :hug: hope your headache is gone!

Sassy- :hug: pray the work thing gets easier!

Cristina - :hug::hug: miss you, look forward when you get back. Pray that your father is ok. :hug:

Sue- How was weigh in?? Hope you claimed that pound!

Jules - How long will Ry visit?? I guess I thought he was coming home for the winter. Has he been down to Oregon yet?? He propbably would like it down here too...., I saw that cruise ship back in port this morning, it must have went to Portland for a few days. How is little Dominic??

Katy - Thought of you at the Alpaca farm here in Astoria. I might go find the link, in case you have never been there. Some beautiful items they have made from alpaca wool (?) is there in the little store they have on site. I think a pair of socks was $20 dollars. lol Some very cute babies, one was born last Wednesday and one was born on 9/11 at 9:11. Anyway, wishing you and the family a good week! btw- Rach is on the road w/ her permit, so beware!!! :)

Tammy & Asia - miss you ladies, hope all is well :wave:

k- Job search is on the agenda today and a trip to the beach after school, beautiful weather here this week...have to take advantage of it before the rains come.

wishing you all a great Monday!

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Katy - here is the link to the Alpaca farm... http://www.alpacadigest.com/

tommysgirl18
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
hola chicas!!!

I am about to make some cookies here in a minute! Our office manager gave me this mix that she got for her birthday so I am going to make them and then take some to the office. And then our friend has been wanting me to make my sugar cookies from scratch since she was sick the last time that I made them. So, I am about to set off to do that.

Brandon got on the bus for school, with his normal bus driver! Come to find out, she was sick and then her son dislocated his shoulder at football Thursday night. She asked me about his pick up on Friday, and I told her. She said that it was written right on the sheet the yellow building all the way in the back.

It is chilly here today, so how fitting, but we are going to have chili for dinner!

Sassy~ I hope you feel better soon! Seeing all your fall pictures, it makes me want to find one for my desktop.

Francie~ YAY for unpacking!!! That is so cool about going to school! I am looking into taking some online classes. What are you going to major in when you go back to school? I am looking into nursing.

SuzieQ~ I am envious of your beach weather! we are cold here!

suetalks
09-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Good Monday... Wash day here, ugh! Well, the beds are made and the linens folded. Now I am washing rugs and need to run the vacuum.

The pound was gone this morning...but if I don't get on that bicycle I am sure it will find it's way back. I have been light headed since the allergies kicked back up over the week-end. I am afraid to ride.

Susan- Good luck on the continued job search. I still envy you the beach. Not the up-coming rain however.

Mindee- Cookies sound so good. I made brownies for DH and Mom last week...ended up THROWING 2 away. They didn't eat them fast enough. You could sure tell I wasn't eating them...lol. They would have been gone in a flash.

Francie- Yay on the un-packing. That just takes so long! I hope you get good info about the mil. wives. Cool that you can take classes.

Sassy- Hope you get back in the groove from vacation. When does DH start his new job?

Hi to everyone else...I gotta go finish my housework.

I wanted to add that the family problems are on the mend. Things are going to be okay. I am going to be a great-grandma next May. Grandson (19) is going to be a daddy. They are young, but at least it is with a GF that he had planned to be with for the long haul. Family is strong, so we will all rally round!

Shopaholic1204
09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Susan~Wow..nice weather, really?? What beach are you going to?

Mindee~Mmmm I seriously want some cookies. I was thinking about making some muffins..but still cant find the flippin mixing bowls. And I've looked in every single box!!!!

Sue~Congrats on being a great grandma!!!

Well..I really want to major in criminal justice. But in the end, I still plan on being a stay at home mom. But I still want to continue my education, ya know? So we'll see what happens..

tommysgirl18
09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
popping back in here shortly......Brandon should be getting home soon.

Sue~ Congratulations on being a great-grandma! I am glad to hear that things are on the mend with the family.

Francie~ I hate when you end up with a black hole in your house! we have those around here as well!

Shopaholic1204
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Mindee~There was a black hole at our old place in WA. My serving set from our wedding is still missing!!!! As well as some dvds.

Shopaholic1204
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Theres A Praying Mantis On The Screen Door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Huge!!! I've Never Seen One Before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
omg- Mindee- you and your cookies, I am gaining just reading about it! lol What kind??

It is suppose to be nice til at least Wednesday, today it is close to 80 here on the coast. Think Sunset or Seaside beach. Sunset is about 4 miles, so not to bad.

Had a salad and put left over pork beans on it, it was good...the beans were the sweet kind.

anyway, have to rush to pick up gaby from school and back to work tomorrow.

RosieKate
09-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Sue - it's wash day here, too..glad you GS has such a loving, strong family in this challenging time. From what I can tell, being a GG can be even more fun than being a Gma, at least from the way my Gmas act, lol! And, yes, I am 43 years old and have grandmas. It's big family that started young, so there's something to be said for it, I guess.

Francie - eek a bug! KILL IT! btw.. yay on the unpacking, never a fun job. I never regretted getting my education, even though I didn't pursue my career for very long before becoming a SAHM. It's insurance incase life hands you a big ol' pile o' poo.

Susan- good luck on the job search, I'll check out that link. May have to check it out when I am passing through. Alpaca is a wonderful fiber. Supposed to hit 90 here today. I am frantically watering all my new plants. :fingerscrossed:

Mindee - glad the bus stuff got squared away - how stressful. Cookies sound like just the thing:)

I spent a lovely morning with my Gma in Salem. It was nice to visit without having my kids along. Now I am doing laundry and watering plants. L comes home soon. She wants to join chess club, so we need to get her up to speed on how to play. I've been trying to distract her from Qubo, which is now her new obsession. I limit her to one hour of tv a day, after her chores and homework are done. But sometimes, if she gets caught up in something, She will forget all about tv, so I am working on setting up distractions...

Ciao for now! Hi to everyone I didn't get to this time...hope you are all having a great day!

jules1216
09-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Katy--Ry said the temps were unseasonably warm out your way...

Francie--It used to actually be against the law in MD to kill a praying mantis--they are strange looking. We used to catch them and keep them in little habitats for the day. Have you seen any walking sticks yet? They look like a stick with legs. Do you get financial help for school with hubby being active military? I say go to school. I have been thinking of taking a few classes, but right now I am way too busy.

Mindee--my friend is a school bus driver--her biggest fear is forgetting a child. you will have to share your sugar cookie recipie.

SUe--conrats to you great grandma!! Teri keeps teasin that I had her right after I turned 21 and she had Dominic right before she turned 21 an dif the trend continues by 84 I could actually be a great great grandma...glad your trip went well.

SuzyQ--I never made it to WA when I went to ID--vp waited too long to make a decision--hubby and DD were rebeling against the idea too and RY went to see Tom Petty that weekend. Ry never made it to portland--turns out his friend moved back east--he couldn't find a job and him and his gf were having trouble. He's going back to WA next April, at least that's the plan. Dominic is getting so big. I forgot how fast they grow...

Sassy--when work is a stressful place it hard to go back after a weekend much less a whole week...hugs to you

Cristina--hope everything is ok with you!!! miss you...

Tammy--are you enjoying the weather?? how's the wedding coming together?

Well hubby want the computer...

Shopaholic1204
09-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Katy~Well..cant kill the bug now since its illegal, lol. I cant kill bugs anyway. I usually just give it the room that its in, lol.

Jules~Why is it illegal to kill it? And NOOOOOOOO I havent seen any walking sticks. Omfg..why must bugs be so effin creepy?!!?!? As if I needed more reason to live in a bubble!! My friend said that having a mantis land on your door is supposed to be good luck, lol. So imagine that. Actually, I found a school that helps service members and their spouses. So we'll see what they can do for me.

jules1216
09-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Francie--I called Mom and she said it was true but then I checked the internet and the illegal thing...turns out to be an urban legend...they are rare to see and Mom said about the good luck thing too...my son's biological great grandfather used to take a black snake as a house warming gift..we won't go there...probably an urban legend but it was something about keeping the poisonous snakes away like copperheads. I think you should do the school thing..

Shopaholic1204
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Jules~I looked up walking sticks..and eeskk, those things are creepy looking. It said that you can keep them as pets!!! Wow..black snakes as house warming gifts? Believe it or not snakes dont scare me. I mean, they're kinda gross and all..but growing up in Arizona, you see them all the time. I did hear that killing the praying mantis is illegal in PA. So who knows?

I sent a request for the college. BUT after doing some more reading about it, I'm not sure. LoL!! I think I'll check out other places as well.

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey all...........

Well I'm all alone at work...........:( My coworker called in, her baby is sick and in the hospital...........:( I hope she will be ok. She texted me saying she had a very high fever..........

Anyways, long night ahead of me. I also don't get a lunch since we no longer have any "back-up" but its ok my boss said I can leave an hr early in the morning.....:carrot: But still makes for a very long night.............I figure I can have my little clock radio keep me co.........lol.

But be kinda nice to get outta here an hr early...........wonder if my boss would let me do that every night.......:chin: Better not push it, eh? lol. He was not happy about finding out that we no longer have any back-up. For those of you who are lost: I work in a callcenter, at night, we used to have another team, who does simular work to ours, back us up when we went to breaks, lunches, etc, etc, well they no longer "back us up" and my boss did not know that until I called and told him. (I checked with the team first and they confirmed it) So needless to say he was not a happy camper about that one. Gotta just love the communication around here. lol.

Oh ya and they are having a "co. picnic" tomorrow, only of course the nightshift people will be left out, AGAIN. So frustrating! :mad: We did bring it up to the VP when she had little meeting about the co. with us. She said she'd look into, so we shall see if there is something for us tomorrow night when we come in. I'm definitely not holding my breath, lemme tell ya! lol.

I still don't feel that great, but I will live. lol. I told my coworker that I releived that its a good thing I didn't call off because it did cross my mind. lol. She said she woulda had the "big one" if I did. lol.

Mindee -- I made cookies for DH, but I cheated......I bought the tub of cookie dough. lol. I need to make some from scratch soon..............And thanks and I just love the fall...........so lovely..............:)

Sue -- Thanks. DH goes in for orientation on Thurs. for all his paperwork and all. Then he starts on Oct. 13th, he will be working dayshift for a while, then 2nd, then finally 3rd shift. I love the lady on the couch in your signature! Cute!

Suzy Q -- Thanks.........I think after this week is done I will be "back in the groove" again...........Good Luck on the Job Hunt! :goodluck:

Francie -- Funny you mentioned you saw a Praying Mantis. We have seen two. One was on the back of our car and he HELD on and was still there when we got to the store!!! :yikes: When we came home, there was another one inside our lobby of our apt. building! I think they are facinating. Just very very strange little creatures :mag:.......lol I'm sure they say the same about us. lol!

Katie -- I got my laundry washed, well most of it anyways, just the "delicates" that still need done.........and the rest needs to be put away. Man I hate that job! lol.

Jules -- Yes most definiately and I had just a lovely time off........it was so fun..........*sigh* lol. I will just have to plan another one eventually. I think I will take a day or two off in December for DH's bday, but kinda waiting to see what his schedule will be like..............

Well I hope that is everybody, if I forgot you, I am so sorry, but I will make it up to you on the weekend when I'm off! K? :)

Have a good one and pls wish me luck for a nice quiet night! :crossed: :lucky: lol.

tommysgirl18
09-30-2008, 01:07 AM
well, I made some cookies earlier today, and let's just say that they didn't last long! our neighbor came over and was eating them, and then the kids were eating them. now Tommy wants me to make MORE cookies!

Francie~ We had a black hole at our old apartment a couple of buildings away, but I think we only lost Logan's pacifiers in that one. So, that was an okay one to leave behind!

SuzieQ~ I made sugar ones from scratch earlier....now I am about to make some oatmeal ones. how was the beach?

Katy~ We are working on the same thing with the boys! we try and get them nice and distracted when Brandon gets home from school, so that it won't be any problems for them to go to bed at night.

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! I will post the recipe here in a minute......I have to grab it out of the kitchen!

well, I am off to the kitchen, but I shall return to post the recipe.

Oh yeah......I don't think I have mentioned in here yet, BUT Marissa is now WALKING!

tommysgirl18
09-30-2008, 01:10 AM
back for a quick second since me and Sass posted at the same time!

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! I hope your co-workers little one feels better soon! Trust me, I have the days where I want to cheat and use the premade stuff, which is actually what I am about to use here in a second.

tommysgirl18
09-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Ingredients:
2 c. all purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
3/4 c. sugar (plus more for topping)
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. grated lemon zest

Directions:
1.) Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and mix well.
2.) Whisk eggs in a large bowl until blended. Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and mix well. Stir the dry ingredients into egg mixture until blended. Chill, covered for 30 minutes or longer.
3.) Preheat oven to 400*F
4.) Drop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Mist the bottom of a 3-inch flat bottom glass with water & dip glass in additional sugar. Press the top of each cookie lightly into the glass to flatten, misting glass with water & dipping in sugar before pressing each cookie.
5.) Bake cookies until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Store in airtight containers or freeze for future use.

I actually got this recipe off the side of the bag of sugar that we had....and I thought what the heck? plus, it doesn't use butter so that is a great thing!

Shopaholic1204
09-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Mindee~Mmmmmmmm I'm gonna make those sometime!! TFS!!

Sassy~I hope your coworker's baby is okay!! =( Praying mantis is very strange looking. I'm okay with it being there just as long as I dont look at it, lol. LMAO!! Thats sooooooooooooo funny about it sticking your car!! LOL!!!

Ugh..I slept pretty much off and on all day and now I'm not tired. I am starving though. I'm thinking of eating some yogurt. Ugh..we get paid later tonight, and we'll go grocery shopping when Fonzo gets off work on Wed. We're soooooooo out of food though, lol.

I'm so bored right now. Fonzo is asleep. And I'm watching Cribs on MTV. I dont even know who half these people are. Except for Perez Hilton (LOVE him!!)

Okay..I think I'm gonna go read and try to get sleepy. Nighty nite!!!

Shopaholic1204
09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Where is everyone??

HELLO!!!!!!

*echo*

Mom2Gaby
09-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I am here! :carrot:

I ate 2 pancakes and 1 banana for breakfast, now I can go work it off at work.
Gaby's teacher mentioned a rehab place was looking for help.... I saw the ad last Friday ,actually. I will apply, I guess, her mother works there. I thought that was nice the teacher remembered I was looking for work.
Saw a duplex just down the road from the school, stopped but the rent was $1000 for a 3 bedroom. I am paying $800 now, maybe next summer we can move into astoria.

Didn't make it to the beach! By the time I picked Gaby up and got home the clouds had rolled in and it was down right chilly. brrrrr, so I watched Tori & Dean...it was kind of a marathon. lol Catching up on my reality tv.

oops, better get to work!!

Hi to Katy, Mindee , Sassy, Jules, Francie, Sue, Cristina, Tammy, and Asia!! Chat later when I have more time.

tommysgirl18
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
well, I made oatmeal cookies last night, well early this morning......and I am about to make some peanut butter cookies here in a second! seems like that is all I have been doing lately, but it keeps me busy so I enjoy it!

suetalks
09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Hello ladies... I am up to my eyeballs in ironing today. Just decided to sit for a minute. Had to get out Fall clothes and still doing Summer ones for our trip.

Planning to go ride here in a few minutes too. I got in 2 miles yesterday and boy, did my legs hurt after 4 days of being lazy. The only thing that saved me was the walking for 2 of those days.

Thanks all for the well wishes. I am not used to the idea of being a GGma yet. I AM NOT THAT OLD!!!

Be back later...

Shopaholic1204
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
So everyone can understand how its been for us...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Episode115.jpg

LMAO

Shopaholic1204
09-30-2008, 03:27 PM
and heres another one that was pretty funny...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Episode119.jpg

I have a couple of them if you wanna some more

Mom2Gaby
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
I want to come to your house Mindee!! Cookies sound good. I don't usually have a sweet tooth but lately I have been crving the sweets. I bought a pound cake the other day and a black cherry pie. It was on the reduced rack at the store.

I need to stop doing that though, the pancakes are enough w/ the syrup. ...mmm, and butter. lol

haha, Francie. Cute comic strips!

Sue - yes, congrats on becoming a great grandmother! wow to that. I iron as I go....:dizzy:, lol. I usually pull the dang thing out in the morning and iron what we are going to wear. Funny sig! I like the elderly lady...reminds me of a co worker. lol

Sassy- How are you feeling now?? How is the co worker and the baby? Hate when little ones aren't feeling well.

Jules - Tell Ry it is freezing today on the Oregon coast! He isn't missing anything...I did see a Holland Americans Line cruise ship yesterday. Why are they calling a Holland ship American Line?? :dizzy:

*sigh......anyway, time is up again! I swear, way too busy with this job. lol

I only worked 4 hours and they added Thursday now. I don't mind getting off early because I was able to hand in 2 more applications. Now I need to go get the Gabster.

chat more tomorrow! :carrot:

tommysgirl18
10-01-2008, 01:09 AM
well, I am taking a break on making cookies. for the past couple of days I have noticed that I have had to run the dishwasher a couple of times for the same load. tonight it was no different when I just went to empty it and load it again. so I am washing it yet again! and tomorrow I am going to have the office manager write up a work order for it.

other then that, nothing really new. Brandon was asleep by 7:30! Score one for it being a school night! Score another one for me falling asleep on the couch with him because I took some motrin! now I am starting to get sleepy again, so it will be off to bed here shortly. I want to make sure that the dish washer is going to finish it's job first.

RosieKate
10-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Good Morning! Bad news --TOM has arrived in all its crampy, bi**hy glory; good news--the scale said 171 this morning. Fingers crossed its a "for real" loss, then I'll change my ticker! Really BAD News: I too the Dr. Phil Personality Quiz on Facebook and it rated me a Vain Judgmental Leader, which made me cry. Starting my period I'm sure had nothing to do with that. ;) Stupid quiz...I need to go find a quiz that likes me better:dizzy: I should just stick to playing Bubble Shooter for hours at a time and leave the self awareness to others.

Mindee- What a drag - probably faster to just wash them all by hand, it certainly would be less frustrating. Sounds like Brandon's school year is off to a good start; it's great that he's settling into his routines so well.

Susan - oooh those treats sound so good.

Francie - those comics are so cute, I laughed a the "eating for four" one.

Sue - you are by no means old enough to be a GG (but you will be a wonderful on nonetheless) I felt the same way when I went to my 25 year high school reunion and realized some of my class mates were grandparents - Yikes! I am not old enough to be a grandma!

Sassy- hope work is getting better. Your boss is probably ticked because the company is breaking the law by not allowing you to have breaks. I hope they did something nice for you for the company picnic.

Well, my day gets going early to day. I volunteered to help supervise a.m. study hall at J's school, so we will take off at 7:45 to do that. Other than that, I need to work on my knitting project as the deadline is coming up and I need to clean the bathrooms. What a fun day.

Hi to Jules, Cristina, Tammy and Asia!

Have a great day everyone!

suetalks
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Katy- The funny thing is, my daughter, who is 43 and has a 22 year old is dying to be grandma. (and he isn't even dating) The daughter, who is going to be grandma is less than thrilled. (she is 39) I did get an early start on having a family, so I have no one to blame but myself for that. My daughters got started early by today"s standards, but both were past 20.
Mom is 80 and this is her first GG grandchild.

Feeling rocky again today so I called the Dr. for more meds. I have to shake this infection before we go on vacation. I have 2 weeks to get feeling good. I even have tiny yellow bumps in my mouth and throat (sorry that is gross) but I wondered if that can be caused by anti-biotics...anyone know? I am a mess.

I will do indies later if I don't go back to bed.

Mom2Gaby
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
haha on the quiz katy, no way are you a Vain Judgmental Leader. I don't see that at all. I will take it and see what I am , sounds like fun.

Just a quickie this morning! Need to get to work. Ate 2 pancakes, a yogurt and 1/2 a banana, I am going the wrong way. I guess I thought if I had my fruit and yogurt I would be full and not tempted but I was and ate 2 yummy, buttery, pancakes. Ugh. I will need to work it off this morning. Mega Carbs!

chat more later!

tommysgirl18
10-01-2008, 02:29 PM
well, I am now running the dishwasher again, but this time I am just washing the cookie sheets and a couple of other things. I am hoping that it only had to do with the load possible being too much for it. so, we shall see!

It is really cold outside, so I put on a crock pot dinner and called it done. right now I am eating some lunch, and then I will be off to search for some new recipes of stuff to make. do you ever get into a rut where it seems like you are always eating the same things? well, that is where I think we are now.

Katy~ I got sucked into the bumper stickers on both facebook and myspace. I spent a lot of time on those yesterday.......then I wondered what I did with my time! LOL I have to agree, you are NOT a vain judgemental leader. I will have to find that quiz to see if it gives me the same answer. If it does, then we will know that that is the only answer that quiz gives!

Sue~ I am not sure if those bumps were caused by the antibiotics, but they sound like possible pus pockets.

SuzieQ~ How are you doing? have you heard anything more on the jobs you applied for yesterday?

Mom2Gaby
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Mindee- I have no pots and pans, I would love to cook like you do! A crock pot dinner sounds soooo good.

I left the house at 7:30 this morning so I don't know if there has been call backs regarding the jobs. The retirement center I called yesterday and left a message, what a bunch of dimwits, I am tired of waiting.
I like the idea of the residential aide, I applied there yesterday. Good benefits and full time and something I would like to do long term, working w/ the disabled.

anyway, break time goes waaaaaay too fast!! lol Hope & PRAY I get a trip in this Friday to see my R's!! Did I say Rach has her permit now and is ready to take 3 out of the 5 test for her GED?? Isn't she doing great? I am sooo proud of her.

k- adios!

tommysgirl18
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
SuzieQ~ I am not the greatest cook, but I am working on it. Great job Rach!

I am about to eat some yummy dinner.....and then later on tonight I will be searching for some new recipes!

jules1216
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
SuzyQ--So proud of Rachel too. In WV if a teenager quits school they lose their license of they have it or have to get their GED before they can get it. Ry got his GED after he quit. SInce he moved out at 18 he has always lived close enough to walk to work and the electricians helpers job there was a commuter van. One of the reasons he came home was to get his. He says he can't believe he's waited that long (and driven a number of times without one..) Good luck on the jobs..

Mindee--I used to love to cook big meals when the kids were little, now that it's just me and hubby and he doesn't like leftovers I don't get too so much.

SUe--hope you get to feeling better..

Katy--kinda describes Dr Phil more than you.... What project are you working on now???

Francie--the comics are way too cute

Tammy, Sassy and Mess Cristina--hope all is well!!

Back out to play with Ry and Dominic, it's a little chilly so hubby started a fire outside--I love fall!!! We stopped by Ry's old jib and they want him back--they so love him!!

tommysgirl18
10-02-2008, 01:10 AM
well, I have just got done baking some brownies......which I told Tommy that I am NOT going to eat any of! he laughed, but I told him that I am NOT going to eat any.

Jules~ I have never really got too into cooking, but now I really want to. I keep trying to think of options that I can make.

Shopaholic1204
10-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone!!

Not much to say really. Finally went grocery shopping yesterday. I'm planning on doing a lot of cooking. So Fonzo can see how much of a bad housewife I am, lol. But hopefully cooking at home will make us wanna stay in and eat here instead of eating out a lot, lol. That has become a major problem with us since we got here. OoO..speaking of bad foods, lol. I bought carmel for apples. I LOVE carmel apples in the fall!!!! It will totally kill my teeth, but I dont care. LoL!!!

Okay..I'm gonna go..lol

Sassy_Chick
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Hola Chicks. Well I am so glad this week is finally over! (my work week) I swear this week has DRUG by!!!!!! I am pooped! Why I am still up and awake, I dunno! lol.

I went to Wally World Tuesday Night and found two shirts, that I can wear to work too, for $5 a piece!!! :yikes: I am wearing one of them now and it must look good since um my boss was checking out my boobs this morning, I kid you not! lol. I think its just a male thing that they automatically have to look down at womens boobs. Anyways............I gotta say I love my Crocs (they are shoes if ya don't know) they are totally awesome! DH bought them for me for my bday and they have been on my feet ever since! :running:

Mindee -- I need to do some serious baking I tell ya. I feel so LAZY! lol. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! ;)

Francie -- My coworkers baby is still under the weather, poor little thing! I was so shocked that little guy stuck on the back of our car for that long! (the praying mantis, not some guy.......lmao, now that would funny!!! :lol3:)

Suzy Q -- Yesterday was the first day I actually felt like "myself". My coworker could definitely tell too because I was my "Sassy Self" ;) As you can see from what I wrote to Francie above, my coworkers baby is still sick........:(

Hi Jules, Sue, Katie, Cristina, where art thou??? lol.

UGH I was a total :moo: lastnight. I ate Mickey D's :mcd: for my "lunch" :p Which I guess is what inspired my little :moo: Avatar.........lol. Isn't it cute??? lol.

Ok I think I am done and over now. I am off to bed!!! :yawn:

P.S. Here is my Thursday Pic, kinda reminds ya all of us, doesn't it? lol. :

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/385/385630vyihnocgie.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Shopaholic1204
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Sassy~LMAO!!!!! That would be so funny if some random guy was stuck on your car..haha!!! I hope the baby gets better!!! OMG!! I love your Beaker icon!!!!!!!

tommysgirl18
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
well, so far so good on the not eating the brownies! I find that if I hide the stuff in the microwave, then I forget all about it (unless I need to heat something up, then I move them out of the way, do what I need to do and put them back) I am going to make meatloaf and mashed potates for dinner. Now, I am getting more into cooking since it is colder outside and there really isn't anything else to do. So, I am keeping myself distracted so that I don't sit and eat to fill the void of having nothing to do.

Francie~ I bought a carmel apple with nuts last Friday when we had our date night. Tommy started laughing when I told him that I would cook the meatloaf. Then he said "you cooked last night, I am perfectly capable of making it." I suckered him into letting me cook again....so I have to start that in about an hour and a half.

Sassy~ Not a problem for the recipe! You will have to let me know how they turn out if you make them. My first time making them using the other recipe I have for sugar cookies, they tasted like flour cookies!

ok.....now which one of the girls in that picture is each of us?

FrouFrou
10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Just stopping by to say HI! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
10-02-2008, 05:03 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: omg - Cristina!!!! Yee Haw, good to see you back!

I only have a second, early release at Gaby's school. Worked 4 hours this morning and I heard back from the rehab place and they said they will call me for an interview. I had downloaded the application from the web so she called and asked if I would come in and get the packet, which I did yesterday. So, when I returned it today I was able to meet her, nice people. It won't pay as much as the motel but it offers full medical and raises every 6 months, and it is union and ...there is more of a future there..and the work is more rewarding,,,,and it is full time! lol

So, cross fingers and legs on that!

Mindee- hmmm, I could never hide the brownies. lol I bought some muffins, and need to buy some banana's , those are my only sweets. I must say though the black cherry pie that I bought was to die for..so I am on the look out for more reduced pies :dizzy:

Sassy - Cute avatar of the girls!! I love that one. Enjoy your days off!

Jules - Kind of sad Ry went back home now...hope he returns! lol I love fall too..and ya.. I guess she had to get enrollment papers from the college to take to DMV, but finally ended up back at the high school for some reason. Anyway, she is learning on the roads now..scary, huh?? lol

Francie - :wave:

I better go...going to be late for school and pick up.

Chat more tomorrow if I don't do the trip into Portland. :wave:

tommysgirl18
10-03-2008, 12:38 AM
well, I made dinner again, and I forgot to cover the meatloaf with foil, so it got done sooner then we had anticipated. but it was all good!

Cristina~ It is so good to see you! Do you still have the Turbo Jam? I saw an infomercial for it again, and I was just wondering if you liked it or not.

SuzieQ~ I have still NOT had any brownies! I can't wait to go grocery shopping again! I want to have healthy food and no junk in here! And with as many times as Tommy tells me, we are only shopping on the perimeter and not up and down every aisle!

suetalks
10-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Susan- Best of luck on the rehab job. Sounds like it would be something you like. Add my name to the list of those proud of R and her tests....now I hope she learns to drive safely. :) Hope you get to see the girls this week-end.

Cristina- Hi to you and welcome back. I hope everything is good there. Rest up and come back soon.

Mindee- I also hide goodies so I won't partake. Trouble is DH and Mom really like sweets...and I go so long without them that I cave and gobble. :) Do you have a crock pot? If you google it there are so many good crock pot recipes out there. You can even put food in the pot at night for a yummy breakfast.

Sassy- Cool on the sale tops....I love finding good prices. If I ever get feeling good mom and I are going shopping and I will spend the nice chunk of BD money that DH gave me early. Poor guy wanted me to have new clothes and was aghast at the thought of having to go into a clothing store. haha (I would rather shop for myself anyway)

Francie- Good luck on the cooking. You might also try crock pot cooking. I use mine lots. There are also healthy recipes out there.

Jules- How long is Ry home for? Did he go back to work at his old job? It sounds like he enjoys life...good for him. Thanks, I am feeling better tonight after starting on another round of meds.

Katy- How did the study hall and the knitting go? Hope PMS is over and gone.

Hi to Asia and Tammy.

I didn't exercise outside today due to high winds here...didn't want to chance more ear trouble. I did a little WATP, but still feel so tired I couldn't do much. My appetite has been up and down. One day I can't get enough to eat and then another I don't want to eat anything. (I need more of the latter.) Won't weigh until Mon. I am worried about a family BD bash coming up. Person has to eat on their BD, don't they? This is a BIG one for me, so do I get to eat BIG? J/K...I will try to be good. TRY!

Goodnight Ladies....have a good week-end.

JellyBean32882
10-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Sassy~Happy Birthday!!!!

Susan~LoL!!! I actually dont mind not having a dishwasher. I just hate it when theres like a thousand dishes to wash. That gets really annoying. And nope...none of the other apartments have w&d hookups. I really miss my washer & dryer, lol.

Well..heres a pic of my new kitten Stormee!!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_4832.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_4834.jpg

Like I said earlier..she's a maine coon. She's a kitten, but she's as big as my other cats. She's really skinny right now, so we gotta fatten her up. She's also very scared. Probably cuz she's been to 4 houses in the past 2 days, lol. But she's sooooooo friendly. The other cats sniffed her out, but it will take some time for them to get used to her. Which is okay, cuz Stormee is just hiding out under the bed. She likes to hide. She's sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

Have a safe trip Cristina

Cute kitten.. you know how to fatten her up - this is what i do with my cats when they need fattening up.. feed her 2 packets of purrfectly fish wet food, put a spray of pet authority vitamin & mineral spray (sold at walmart) in the wet food and mix.. for dry food try feeding her the goodlife recipe.. I tell ya, i did this with all my kittens and they are pretty chubby and healthy.

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Hola Chickies. :D

I swear I feel like I have been ran over by a mack truck! :stars: My back and neck are aching and I can't even walk without looking like I am drunk. DH is calling me "Weeble Wobble" :lol:

Francie -- yeah couldn't you see it -- a Blue Nissan Altima with a guy stuck on the back of it! HEE HEE!!!!!! And I always LOVED Beaker!! HE is da bomb YO! :rofl:

Hi Cristina!!! BIG :hug:

Mindee -- I am coming over to your house!!! You are killing me with all the foods you are cooking girl!!! :faint: lol.

Suzy Q -- Thanks. I need rest I feel like I've been run over by a treadmill instead of the other way around and I haven't even been on a treadmill and I could definitely stand to use one!!!! lol. Don't ask me where the treadmill comment came from, I guess from one of the many "voices" in my head!! :lol:

Sue -- Your DH sounds like my DH. lol. He doesn't even like clothes shopping for himself, let alone going with me to clothes shop! lol. I don't really like it either, but I love good bargins!!! :D I hope you and your mom get to go out soon. I miss mine. :( I need a "surrogate" mom. lol. I know my mil would definitely go with me if I asked her too. She's been more like my mama than my own mama lately. Oh I know my mom is "In Love" and all that and I understand that she put up with me in my teenage years so I'm being very patient. lol.

Well off to go watch tv with the hubs. ;)

Take Care Everybody!!!

suetalks
10-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Good chilly morning...it is in the 40's here. Thank goodness the sun is shining. Brrr.
I actually feel like I am going to live today. My sinus and ears are not plugged up. Yay. I might even go shopping later.

Sassy- I know what you mean about someone to shop with. I have always hated going alone. My DD is fun to shop with, but she works a lot. She works at home and can take off for lunch sometimes, but not a day at the Mall. :( Mom likes to go running around with me, but I always have to make sure there is somewhere she can sit down every little bit. We are better at doing lunch. LOL...

Welcome JellyBean. Come back and gab with us soon. We are nice peeps.

OK...doing laundry (always) this morning, then who knows what I might do?

Mom2Gaby
10-03-2008, 02:57 PM
:welcome: Jellybean, come back and chat, the more the merrier!!

Mindee- If I had brownies in the house I would be eating them, you have way too much willpower, send some my way! I keep making pancakes for Gaby and eating her leftovers.

Sassy - My voices tell me to stay away from Treadmills and anything that will make me toned or sweat. I drank coffee this morning and handed in an appliaction to a treatment center, I probably came off like I was drunk because I was waaaaaay to happy and downright extroverted. They probably won't hire me now. lmbo

Sue- aww, didn't make it into Portland today. With the gas prices and 2 days coming up w/ no school for Gaby I will wait to go in. I did job things this morning and think I will just relax til I pick up Gaby at 2:15 pm. It is rainy here, but not to cold. I opened the garage door for Gaby to jump in the car out in the drive way but she wouldn't do it. Thinking of parking the car in the garage....., I don't want to get wet:?:

*sigh , anyway. Watched the debate last night and Gabster spent the time moving her loose tooth back and forth and spitting out blood. It finally came out, and she was thrilled. Today the 3rd graders sell ice cream so she was trying to get money for that. I would have given her the $$$, she doesn't have to take her teeth out. lol

Better head home and relax for a bit, hope you all have a great Friday!

tommysgirl18
10-03-2008, 03:15 PM
well, I am not baking anything today, and I am still NOT eating any brownies! In fact, I forgot all about them.

our neighbor, who is going to start walking with me soon, said that she is going to take me out to dinner just us. so, we are going to go get chinese, she said sometime this weekend. she told me that when she first saw me and would say hi to me, that I never answered her or anything so she thought I was a real snobby witch.

Sue~ Tommy loves sweets and so do the kids.....so I try not to make them all the time for the kids. I do have a crock pot. I will have to google it and see what I can find.

Jellybean~ Welcome and feel free to come back anytime!

Sassy~ I hope you start to feel better soon!! I was starting to feel like I was coming down with something last night....but I am feeling better now. Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down! Any time you want to come on over, feel free! You will just have to dodge toys and kids trying to hang on you!

SuzieQ~ sending you some will power!!!! I am the same way.....that is why I clear their dishes off as soon as they are done eating so I don't get tempted by them just sitting around.

FrouFrou
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Susan...good luck with the job :crossed:

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2008, 05:24 PM
K I just need to vent before my head explodes!!!!!!!! :mad:

I did type it all out then read it and thought, nope, nobody probably will get it, so all I am gonna say is: HR!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! and that is all!!! :tantrum:

Anywho I am off to bed before I about pass out! lol.

Mom2Gaby
10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
awww, thanks Cristina! How are you?? Have missed you tons! And that is a good thing. lol

Mindee- Before Gab is done w/ her pancakes I am asking her "you done??" because I want the leftovers. I always seem to have enough patter for 1 extra pancake *she write ever so innocently*...anyway, it is the carbs that I am trying to limit. Good for you on the brownies!

Sassy - :hug: HR is all you need to say!! lol Hope you are able to relax :)

k- off to get gabster. I might take her to a movie tonight, work in the morning, bleh...and the scale is at 146.8, so HAVE to get that down.

I will put it on my *to do list* *snicker*....lol

tommysgirl18
10-04-2008, 12:45 AM
this is going to be a quick one from me.....

Cristina~ It is good to have you back!

Sassy~ I don't know what is going on, but I hope that it gets fixed soon!

SuzieQ~ I usually don't have time to see what they have left on their plates when I am making lunch. Brandon's bus comes between 12:10 and 12:20, so I am usually just getting done with their lunch when I have to get him onto the bus and then it is nap time for Marissa and Logan.....then I usually get a chance to find something to eat.

Shopaholic1204
10-04-2008, 02:37 AM
I just wanted to stop by and tell you all that I dyed my hair tonight. Well..first we bleached it, then we dyed it (the bleach look on my myspace). So ya..here's my new look:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_4898.jpg

I really wanted to do something different..and this is it, lol. I will put up a better pic of myself tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
10-04-2008, 02:57 AM
popping back in quickly........

Francie~ Love the new color! Is that a red or a pink? will it get lighter or darker?

Shopaholic1204
10-04-2008, 10:44 AM
its called red blonde

suetalks
10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Good morning....Looks to be a beautiful day here. I am doing a Happy Dance this morning. I will give the figures on Monday...if it holds. :)
Extra incentive to NOT overeat today!!

Francie- Quite a change from your dark hair...looks cute.

Running to get things done before family get-together. See ya all later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a wonderful week-end!!

FrouFrou
10-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Hello ladies...

Not a lot going on...trying to get back into the hang of things. Being gone for 8 days kind of spoiled me and I didn't have to do anything. I did try to get walking in when I could. It is not a good thing to take so much time off from exercise for sure...been feeling it the last couple of days. I'll get back to where I was-eventually.

Sorry about not doing individuals...just too much to try and catch up on. Will just do the best I can for now.

FRANCIE...that is quite a change from your natural haircolor, but it's cute. What does the hubby think? Cute 'new' kitty you have there...how's he/she doing? Sorry can't remember if it was male or female.

SUE...hoping all is well with you. Have a nice family get-together.

SASSY...think I saw somewhere that your hubby got the job, happy for you guys. Hugs on HR crap.

SUSAN...did someone say pancakes?! I love the pancakes! Thought that may have been a problem for me but only had them once when I did my 30 day challenge. Thinking I may do that again and possibly go for 45 days this time. Did pretty good while being gone, was a little worried I would have gained but didn't thank goodness! 146.8 is not bad and you are so close to making goal...you will be there before you know it! :hug:

MINDEE...did I see somewhere you have been baking cookies and brownies?! Yum...that's all I can say, lol.

JULES...is Ryan home now?

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I am going to spend the day reading, unless the hubby has other plans. This is the first Saturday he has worked since before the strike. But not sure if he has anything planned or not. I am going to sit on my deck and enjoy the nice fall weather. Most of my trees are turning and it's so pretty...can't wait until they are bigger and there's more leaves/color.

Did my walk this morning...kind of loving the cooler mornings. Today wasn't so bad but I know the treadmill weather is comin'. Going to do a dvd and my weights in a few. Other than that not much going on.

Have a great weekend!

Almost forgot...I am down .4...guess it is a lot better than a gain. :)

FrouFrou
10-04-2008, 03:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/lightningjen/Fall_Halloween/fallitsfallmadebyluvsma10916204-005.gif

tommysgirl18
10-04-2008, 04:26 PM
popping in quickly.......

I am going out to dinner tonight with our neighbor. so, that is going to be a great night out!

I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 227.8! So, that is all the incentive I need to like Sue said, not over eat! On one of my other boards, I joined a small challenge to lose 5 pounds in the month of October. So far, I am doing good. I weighed myself on the 1st, and I was 231.6,,,,,,so even though I am sure that it was all water/fluid I am going to take it and continue on with it!

Francie~ It looks really cute! do they have any other colors like that? (as in two mixed together, like red blond......did I confuse you?)

Cristina~ I know what you mean about getting back into the swing of things! I hurt my ankle after eating some ice cream.....and took some time off to let it heal. I am now working myself back up to where I was. Yup, you read right! I have been a baking/cooking fool lately! I made dinner Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and last night. Tonight I am going out with a neighbor for dinner, so I will get a break. But it really is nice to do it........even though I never liked it before! But you have to start somewhere right?

Mom2Gaby
10-04-2008, 04:49 PM
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/sapphiresky1958/saturday_1-21.gif

Hi,

I wrote a long post this morning and lost it. I hate that!

Cristina - I love pancakes too, especially w/ coffee. The motel I work at is right next to a pancake house, can we say TORTURE! The smell alone is driving me nuts and today I am pretty sure I smelled bacon. lol
I am glad you are back! You deserve the R & R. :D I was down to 143 point something just last week. I will be happy to get it down this weekend. I just feel distracted and stressed and kind of don't have a handle on a schedule.

Francie - wow, big change to the hair! It is almost Beckys shade of red.

Mindee- Enjoy your evening out tonight! I might take Gabster to the movie.

Sue - yay, you sound determined so I am sure you will be just fine at Mondays WI!

:wave: to Sassy, Katy, Jules, Tammy , Asia and Jellybean!!

Sigh..........I better go, worked 4 easy hours this morning, tomorrow should be more busy, so I am glad of that. And it was payday so I got a small check that I will pay bills with. I am craving salad so I need a trip to the store for that. Also need to return books!! k - chat w/ you more later.

Shopaholic1204
10-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Cristina~Thanks..she's a girl, and her name is Stormee. She's a lil sweetie. She's gonna get super big soon, lol And the hubby likes my hair!!! I'm not totally sure that he's used to it yet..but whatever, lol.

Mindee~I didnt really see the other colors. I was just looking for reds. But I got it at Sally's!! They had a pretty nice selection. I almost went with this dark purple that was almost black..but nah, lol.

Susan~Ohhh ya..major change. Its gonna look good with my nose ring, LOL!!!

We spent the night at my friend's house in PA. She's the one that did my hair. =) I also bought my halloween costume last night too. Oh ya..then today, we checked out some Amish stores, and I bought a funny mug. I wanted to buy jam, but I couldnt decide on which one I wanted, lol. OH..then my friend & I went and tasted wine, which was really fun. We even got a free wine glass.

But anyhoo...Fonzo and I are gonna for a walk now. It's really nice outside. TTYL

FrouFrou
10-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Happy Sunday, ladies...

SUSAN...oh the pain. It would kill me to work next to a pancake house...not sure which is worse with me, bacon or pancakes...good thing I don't have either often! You'll get on some kind of schedule soon.

MINDEE...wtg on the weight loss! :bravo: It's a good start!

FRANCIE...that's good Fonzo likes the new haircolor. So what are you going to be for Halloween? Are you going to a party? I haven't been to one in years and never dress up. I keep saying I will dress up to hand out candy but then when it comes down to it I don't. Such a cute name for your kitty.

Nothing much going on today. Did half my walk because I knew I would be mowing the front and back, and didn't want to over do it. Supposed to rain later this afternoon so wanted to get it done. Supposed to rain the next two days...we'll see. I don't really care since I don't plan on going anywhere. Just snuggling in V's big old recliner and reading...that's where you'll find me today...reading and probably watching stupid movies, lol.

Have a great day!

Shopaholic1204
10-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Cristina~What stupid movies are you planning on watching? LoL. I'm going to be a vampire for halloween!!!!! My friend is having a little party..and we're gonna pass out candy. I think we're also gonna watch scary movies too!!! But none of the stupid movies. We're gonna watch the classics like Carrie, The Shining, Nightmare on Elm Street (I've always been too scared to finish it, lol). I totally wanna rent the Japanese version of the Ring & The Grudge. I heard they're way scarier than the American versions. I love love love Halloween.

Mom2Gaby
10-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Don't settle for *stupid movies* with cable tv Cristina I am pretty sure you can find a good movie. lol I think I saw where Color Purple is on today or Mean Girls. I watchd Mean Girls way too many times when Rach was living with me, it isn't bad :D

I am reading "The writing Class" by Jincy Willet what are you reading? I just curl up on the couch when I read, I wish I had a recliner!!

I didn't smell any food this morning, I had a ham grilled sandwish yesterday that was soooo good and some homemade veg beef soup from the Dairy Maid,,,,the food there is way too good.

I was going to say Mindee I made meat loaf the other night. I just used a packet of seasoning. I think I didn't use enough hanburger because it was too salty for me. I made a good dinner last night of sirloin and :broc: course gabster had to have melted cheese on her's. How was your night out last night??

Francie - ick, on Carrie, that one freaks me out. lol I liked The Shinning!

k- I am running behind. I need to get to the store and pick up a few items and Gaby and I have never made it to the movie but thinking a trip to the pool would be better for her.

Only worked 4 hours this morning, stood around for almost 2 of that waiting for people to check out. I think we shouldn't get there so dang early!! I feel guilty hiding out in a vacant room watching CNN. lol I also hand too much time eating Tootsie Rolls...we leave candy in the room so the people will answer a survey on service. blah - blah...that is where the candy comes in. Yesterday I gorged on DOTS....:D

Don't worry I am not looking for a loss this weekend, I just hope to maintain. lol

k- chickies! I guess that is it. Tomorrow is another day off and I can continue my job search.

:wave: hello to everyone else :wave:

suetalks
10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Evening ladies- I didn't WI this morning, but I did okay yesterday with all the food on hand. I rode 2 miles today and should get out for 2 more...but neighbors are burning leaves and I refuse to get in the smoke and start all this allergy thing back up. I was way to sick to want to do it again.
Going shopping tomorrow and then to lunch with DD, Mom and DH for my BD Tues. I am thinking a margarita might be in my future....just one. I deserve it!! I've been a good girl (well, good old broad!)

Glad to see everyone's smiling faces....I will do indies tomorrow. I promise. **

jules1216
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Quick hi...I am so tired--Teri is watching the Steelers game so I am missing Cold Case but I wanted to pop in before I go to bed. My computers acting up so I will try again tomorrow night!!

Shopaholic1204
10-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I LOVE Mean Girls!! Omg..that was seriously my high school, lol. Girls are evil, lol.

Oh, I just started a new book called..The Shunning. Its about this Amish girl. I also bought another Amish book too, lol. Found them both at the Amish store yesterday..and found them again today when I was looking in the Religious Fiction section at B&N.

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Howdy Ya'all.

Well first lemme start out to say that I am not as upset as I was, but that could very well change in the am if I get another email. lol.

Anyways. I logged into my work email from home, to check something like on Friday or Sat and saw an email from my boss and subject line said: Shift Change. So I am like WT?? and opened it and so he wanted one of us, either my coworker or myself to start working 8 pm - 8:30 am instead of 9 pm to 9:30 am. He gave me the first choice since I am the sr. agent, so I jumped on it because I hate being here that late in the mornings and plus with my husband getting his new job, once he is finally on his shift, he will get off at 7:30 AM, which I know is a whole hour before me, but he has longer to drive and a lot more traffic to go through. My coworker said I should ask our boss if I can change to 7 - 7:30, that all he can say is no, so I may ask. Just cuz it'd be nice to get home earlier, but at least I got one hr earlier........every little bit helps.

Everybody is sick. My DH, my coworkers, and me. Nothing too serious, just basically feel like crap :barf: so I did come into work anyways, but I seriously thought about calling off! lol.

Also DH was in a bad mood when I woke up because our kitchen sink stopped up, again. Our apt. building owner did call us and tell us we can now pay $50 less monthly until of all the repairs needed to our apt are fixed. I wish it was more, but I will take whatever I can get!

We're just tired of living in a crap hole. I know we plan on moving eventually, once DH is settled in to his new job and all, but frankly I dunno if we can wait that long! We may have to bump up the moving, even my inlaws said we should move before it starts getting bad out, which makes sense. Who wants to move in the middle of winter, even though we have before........

Anyways...............enough of my whining. lol.

Cristina -- Thanks, yes we are so excited that he got the job!!! Esp now that there is talk of a buy out of my co.!!!! :yikes: I love the "Its Fall "Ya'all" comment that you posted -- so cute!

Francie -- Love the new doo! ;)

Suzy Q -- Ya lets just say it has to deal with $$ and leave it at that, ya'all should understand why I was so upset! Ya just don't mess with peoples money!!! lol.

Hi Sue, Jules, Katie, Mindee, Tammy, everybody else out there!!! :wave:

Have a Good one!

tommysgirl18
10-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Do Not Post Here! See you in BIK #58