Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Default New to this site (and dieting!)

Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and this is my first time trying to lose weight. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be! I hate to exercise, and I love to eat. Currently, my short-term goal is to lose 25 lbs, but I haven't really been able to get anywhere yet. Right now I'm mainly just trying to cut calories, but if I'm having a good day, get in a 20-30 minute workout. I need any support and or advice I can get. Also, how do I get one of those weight tracker icons to put on the bottom of my posts like most people have?
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

hello...
welcome to the forum....
you will find members very willing to help....
and lots of great advice/topics already out there on the boards....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hi Mermaid
You can get the ticker from the site, but you have to wait 30 days and have 30 posts before you can have a signature (i think). What kind of exercise are you doing? Have you set any goals exercise wise? I found that when i decided on a type of exercising that i liked (or at least hated less than all the others!) and set myself a goal, it became a lot more do-able
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5,1"

hey welcome to 3fc! I just discovered the sight a wee while ago and i love it! Like you, i hate exercise and find in really hard to get motivated to do it... but i do try to do 30 mins 3 or 4 times a week. I have also cut my calories waaayyy down. i used to eat like at least 2500 a day and A LOT of alcohol. it's my one downfall. So now instead of having a bottle of wine 3 or 4 night a week (it's awful , i know...), i only drink once a week an limit how much i have. a lot of people on this sight dont drink at all and as much as i'd like to do that, i just cant! And im also trying to eat around 1300 - 1400 cals a day whch was really hard at first, but i think my stomach is shrinking or something because its much easier!!
Anyway, i'll stop blabbering now! Good luck and keep in touch
Cat
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!! This is a great place for support and advice. Baby goals are essential, in my opinion. I just purchased a workout DVD for beginners by Jillian from The Biggest Loser off of amazon. I hate exercising as well so I'm hoping this will slowly work me into an exercise program that I can maintain. I should be receiving it today, hopefully! Anyway, good luck and do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #6  
Nice Pants

S/C/G: 224/202/199

Height: 5' 10.4239"

One of the best things you can do if you're just starting to watch what you eat is to write it down. Everything. I know, it can be kind of a pain, but you'd be amazed at what you find. Nearly everyone universally underestimates their caloric intake. I use the tracker at thedailyplate.com and have kept it up every day since July 28, when I kicked off my latest and greatest attempt.

Hmmm... I take that back. Just my latest attempt. I've had greater.
hillsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I have been tracking calories and I didn't realize just HOW much I was eating. I use fitday and it is helpful. So i am tracking my calories and they say i should only be eating 1200 calories, so the deficit in calories will help me lose weight. But I'm still averaging 1500-1800 calories a day. What do you guys do to curb cravings and stay away from emotional binges? For exercise, I want to get Jillian's and Bob's biggest loser dvd's ... I liked Jillian's sculpting and Bob's cardio max. Anyone else know of any other good cardio dvd's?
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote