Support Groups - Slim Down Sisters: Frolic into FALL

Rosario
09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
New season, new thread!!

Sorry about the cheesy title, but I missed out on the creativity gene. lol

Everybody welcome!!!

Rosario
09-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm coming back from a not-so-good weekend. Ate lots, and moved none. But today's a brand new day. Besides, I checked my blood pressure last night at one of those kiosks and it said I'm prehypertension. scary. i've got to start taking care of myself more. I just read this story about a man who was cut in 2 and is still living and doing stuff. That's sad. Here I am with no physical defects and I'm just throwing it away. Kind of scary what we take for granted. :(

courtnie - sucks about the job, but awesome on the tickets! youre apps sopind yummy. Wish I would start cooking more. Just the word epilator sounds painful. I hate hair!

aimee - i hear ya. sticking to what works for you. and that definitely makes it hard when you go over to people's houses. hmm....that's a toughie. maybe we can talk about it more when I get to that situation. However, I'm not cutting out anything really so I know you got it way tougher than I do. WTG on the smaller clothes!!! (I wish i was in that size!!!)

shari - what's new??

:wave:

JasonsLea
09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
:wave: gals!

Damn, this year has FLOWN by! WI is tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed that it's good. Things are slowly getting back to normal, at least in my apartment. Still hoping and praying for a better position.

Rosario
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
shari - good luck at weigh in! and hopefully something comes up at the job. yes the year did go by so fast - its going to be haloween already! scary!!

didnt get to work out today. i was just sooo lazy when i got home. i think its the commute thats killing me. driving gets me superlazy and sleepy. grrr...im hoping to wake up early to get a workout in. wish me luck!!

SwimGirl
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for starting the new thread!! I can't believe its fall, yuck! It's very cold here... so I'm not too excited about it.

Busy day for me today, I am in makeup school from 9am - 5pm, and then tonight I am off to a lounge for a product launch. I hope not to stay too late since the phone rang this morning at 5am!!! Someone from josh's work. I am off to shower and get on with my day! Have a good one ladies!

Also - still going pretty good with no sugar/wheat!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Ro- May weekend eating wasnt good either. I celebrated my birthday from Friday to Sunday! Dh took Friday off work too. Thanks for getting a new thread started. I've still got to go back and read up on what I've been missing. Did you get your workout this morning.

Shari- A better job will come even though it seems like it's taking it's precious time. Hang in there!

Well, today I'm getting back on track. I've already accepted the fact I will probably gain at weigh in on Thursday. Oh, well next weeks will be better since I'm going to be back on track today. I hope everyone is off to a great start for today. Remember you have the chance to make better decision every minute. Don't forget to get your water in gals. I've already got one 16.9 down and working on another one.

JasonsLea
09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Unfreakingbelieveable! For the first time in a LONG time, I've had a loss this morning! Down 2 lbs! Not only that, I got a email from a customer service company called West offering me a work at home position! I put in for it like two months ago and totally forgot about it!

JasonsLea
09-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, I did a little grocery shopping today too. I'm such a fiber whore, seriously. If it doesn't have a good amount of fiber, I won't get it (well besides yogurt and milk!). I brought:

those new High Fiber Quaker oatmeal squares (210 cals, 4g fat, 10g fiber)
the new Chex Mix chocolate chunk bars (140 cals, 3g fat, 2g fiber....not as much fiber as I usually like but hey, I had a coupon)
Betty Crocker twice backed potatoes (220 cals, 7g fat, 6g fiber)
egg rolls
Baked Cheetos
sliced deli ham
sparkling water
beef jerky
Yoplait yogurt
Fiber One yogurt
Lean Pockets

SwimGirl
09-24-2008, 02:25 AM
hsmom - we posted within a minute of each other! Although over here it was 6am, yuck! Glad to hear you are getting some motivation to get on plan! And yes, every minute, every meal provides with new opportunities to do better!

Shari - I don't know how you work two jobs! Thats so crazy! I hope this job works out for you :) you know what I tried instead of beef jerky? Turkey bites, sorta like pepperonis, but So yummy! Lower in calories and way lower in fat! My shopping list is pretty depressing when I'm on this plan.. so the other day I went shopping for this..
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes
- cucumber
- baby spinach
- LOTS of broccoli
- 1 orange
- eggs
- egg whites
- low fat ricotta cheese
- fat free plain yogurt
- strawberries
- turkey pepperoni's
- almonds
- 1% milk

boring right??

So today was makeup school, what I learned? I actually know a lot!! I just need the confidence. I learned that I know how to do a smokey eye, infact I have kind of mastered it. I am quite proud of this :) We did a navy smokey eye on me, well someone else did my makeup, she did a pretty crappy job. I was disappointed. And then tonight I went to a product launch, I sat in a lounge, drank martini's and ate appies.. long day though! I looked pretty darn fabulous, if I do say so myself. I was wearing black dress pants with a boot cut, pointy toe shoes, black shirt with a CUTE neckline and a classy flower print on one side and this cute little black jacket. Black was the theme, gotta hide my fat.. lol.. and I lived thru the entire day with a migraine!! And now I gotta get to bed before I pass out..

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Shari- I hope the thing with West works out. Don't you just love a good surprise.

Aimee- Your working is interesting to me and I enjoy hearing about it. I don't wear makeup very offen maybe once or twice a year.

Ro- Is your area having as hard a time as ours with being able to find a gas station with gas? Barrett Parkway doesn't have a gas station one that dh can get gas from!

Tomorrow is weigh in for me. I know I'm going to have a gain from partying this weekend away since it was my birthday. This morning I ate a big healthy breakfast (lunch foods with a coffee). Since I normally eat a big dinner I thought I would reverse it today so I'll have all day to burn off the calories. I'm going to try and get 15-30 minutes of a workout in carefully. I think I over did it on the bike the other day to my right knee.

hsmomx2
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
My grocery shopping on Friday included:
bananas
fat free milk
soymilk
Ground white Turkey
Turkey sausage links
chicken breast
Progresso soup
creme horns (dh's I can't stand them)
crab meat
pepperoni
black olives
mushrooms

Rosario
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
hsmomx2 - you know I keep hearing about people having trouble finding gas. My bf's BIL couldnt find any in Marrietta. But I haven't really noticed gas stations near me being empty. I drive from Lawrenceville to Dunwoody and I haven't really seen any empty stations. Maybe because I don't need gas yet. I filled up on Sunday night and that'll last me til the week's end. Happy Late B-day!! So what are you doing for workouts??

aimee - I have yet to come out with a good smoky eye. I try and I try and it never really comes out the way I want it to. I got close once! I think its because of my eyelid. Idk to get off topic, whats your favorite martini? (everybody answer this!!). I've tried only 2 i think..the appletini and a pomegranate one. The appletini has definitely been the best so far.

shari - i dont buy groceries anymore so I dont have a shopping list :( Congrats on your loss!! It's always nice to see the scale going down. That's really good about the job. It'd be awesome working from home. Make sure it's not one of those companies that you have to send money to though. Those cos are kinda fishy.

I for the life of me cannot get myself to freaking work out. I'm just so lazy when i get home from work. It's not that I don't have energy, its just that I don't have the energy to start something. Even tennis, which I love playing and I know isn't boring. Grr!! I don't know what's wrong with me. Well, yea I do. I'm just being a lazy bum!! I'm trying to get out of this funk but can't seem to do it (hmmm....can't or won't??) Help me!!!

Rosario
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM

SwimGirl
09-24-2008, 01:25 PM
hsmom - I find the makeup industry interesting - we'll see how long I stay in it though. Our company is going thru a change towards having less and less staff working, and so the customer service aspect is changing dramatically. We don't have time to do makeup on people for the most part, and if we do, we have to forgo the other parts of our job. It's sad really. GL on WI tomorrow if we don't talk before then! I can't imagine a shortage of gas, that sounds crazy to me!

Rosario - the key to a smokey eye is lining on the inside, as well as making sure you bring in the shadow from the top and use an eyeliner brush to smudge from the middle of the eye outwards, over top and a little below your liner. My fav martini, hmm, good question! Right now? I'd say Caramel Apple Martini - I can even make them at home. We sometimes go to our friends place to have martini parties, so much fun! I've tried too many to count, yikes! What you need to do is force yourself to workout, and do that for a couple of days and you'll get into the swing of things again! I remember when I'd come home work and workout do that I'd have more energy! I forget that feeling, so sad.. I need to get back into working out too.

Today I want to do anything but go to work. I am tired, still have a slight headache from yesterday.. I am living in denial right now. Yesterday I wasn't 100% on plan, but I think I made the smartest decisions I could. Breakfast I was feeling pretty barfy, so I just had coffee and fruit. Lunch was provided, I had a HUGE salad and half a wrap. The wrap wasn't part of the plan, but I limited it as best I could. And when they served dessert? I went for a walk with a friend! No juice, no pop! :) I snacked on almonds on my way to the product launch, and when I got there they had appies, so I had like 3 mini quiches, 1 beef kabob, 2 incredibly small turkey sandwiches, they were literally 2 inches across! When I got home last night I thought I was gonna die of hunger, so Josh bought me a sandwich and 7up, I ate them anyways... bad me! But today I'm back at it! And now I have to go eat breakfast!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Ro- For my movement today, I'm going to do the wii fit or walking. I'm not sure yet. I've never had a martini. I wonder how ya'll don't have a shortage there. Even with the gas shortage around here and in Kennasaw dh is going to Roswell to look for another job. They started firing people at his work last week that was hourly now they just sent home all the office ladies. The pay roll lady told the techs there's not enough to even pay them this week! Hopefully dh will have a new job by the end of the day or next week.

Aimee- Yesterday, you may not of been on plan 100%, but look at all the better choices you did make. Change happens a little at a time not over night so you still deserve a pat on the back. Keep it up.

Shari- WTG on the weight loss.

Since all of us seem to be struggling with exercise, would ya'll like to do some exercise and post what we did? We can help each other get into the habit of working out or start one. What do y'all say are you gamed?

hsmomx2
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, I got in 15 mins so far of step. Dh called and he doesn't have to worry about getting off an hour early. The dealership he's been working for is now closed. So he's trying to find out when they are are coming back so he can get his toolbox and rollcart! That's just dumb. I hope there's not more problems that's going to come up from it closing. Arrgh!

JasonsLea
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Aimee ~ Maybe one day you can do my makeup. :p Have you been to a doctor about your migraines? I wanted to buy some chicken breasts but since I'm always gone, it's easier to buy things that are already ready to eat or can go in the microwave. I LOVE baby spinach!

HS ~ Thank you. I forgot to buy fruit! :o GL on your WI tomorrow!

Ro ~ I've never had a martini. :^: Do you have a bike or roller skates? Get outside! Cooler weather is coming and it makes it easier to exercise (at least for me!).

So I rode a bike, first time in YEARS, to the library today. It's my friend's bike, she needs to get the brake line fixed along with the bike chain cover and extra padding on the handles, but I survived! :dizzy: It's 1.53 miles between her house and the library which adds up to 3.06 miles for one whole trip! I don't know how many cals I burned but my legs, arms, and back hurt and I was sweating buckets. Counts for something! :D

sotypical
09-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Shari - congrats on the job! yay! and congrats on your loss!

Aimee - your shopping list sounds good to me! What are these pills again and where to I get them BOGO?

My shopping list for yesterday:
low fat lemon merguine yogurt
low fat vanilla yogurt
balsamic vinegar
turkey and ham lunch meat
red onion, normal onion, green onion
whole wheat pasta: macaroni and penne
extra lean ground beef
ground sausage
low fat sharp cheese
red pepper
zucchini
green cabbage
broccoli
vegetable broth
light popcorn
jam
kraft dinner (lol)

Ro - fav martini? not really sure I had an apple one once and it was sooo gross

I have totally been slacking on exercise as well! BUT this morning before even reading this, I did 35 min on my exercise bike! First exercise in like two months... besides that 10km run I killed myself on.

Shari - WTG on your bike ride!

I can't believe how busy you girls have been the last day or so! wow

Aimee - get your butt over here and visit me and show me how to do my makeup!

As for me today, I am working from home. I took my boyfriend to Wendy's and got myself... NOTHING. I did have about 4 fries and a bit of his burger and sip of his sprite. But I came home and made myself a chicken wrap. I got myself this lemon jam and it tastes like lemon merguine but now I dunno what to eat it on, LOL.

hsmomx2
09-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Those sounded like great workouts.

Shari did you have to peddle up any hills?

JasonsLea
09-24-2008, 10:26 PM
My butt hurts. Just wanted yall to know. :D

WTG at Wendy's, Courtnie!

HS ~ A few slight ones, up and down.

Rosario
09-25-2008, 11:38 AM
shari - wow, you are way braver than me. Bikes are painful to me. The seat is way uncomfortable on my butt. but that's awesome that you rode that much. what did you pick up at the library?

hsmomx2 - I'm sorry about your hubby's job. things are tough, aren't they? My bf lost his job almost 3 months ago and the job market hasn't been looking good. He did have 2 companies interested in him, but we are waiting on his residency card so he had to turn them down. So until he has that, he pretty much can't get hired anywhere. How'd u do at WI?

courtnie - way to say no to Wendy's!! COngrats on that exercise. Maybe now you'll get back into your old workout routine. I love all things Lemon. What is that stuff you bought? Maybe they carry it here in the states (wishful thinking)?

aimee - you have been making such good choices, I know you won't let one minor setback throw you off track. caramel apple sounds yummy. How do you make that?

I agree with hsmomx2. I say we post all of our workouts to motivate each other. I know I need it.

Didn't work out again last night. Food was a teensy bit better. I'm hoping to be extra good today. I have got to start bringing in snacks. the time between bfast and lunch and lunch and dinner is what makes me crazy and then I go and eat junk food. Have to stop doing that.

There's a gym right down the street from my work. I'm seriously contemplating joining. First thing, it is right by my work. 2nd thing, I have an hour lunch eveyrday that I don't even use most of the time because I have nothing to do. What a perfect way to use up an hour!! Its 9 bucks to start and 19 bucks a month. I don't really have the money for that right now, but I spent more than 19 bucks on junk food this past month. I might as well spend it on something that's good for me, no? I'm going tomorrow to check it out so we'll see what I decide.

Nosey question: What's your guys getting ready (for work, errands, going out, whatever) routine??

Hope everyone has an OP day!!

sotypical
09-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Ro - This is the lemon jam (http://www.edsmith.com/web/edsmith.nsf/eng/Lemon) I got. I got the one that says "Lemon Spread" I am really digging it on whole wheat toast. The gym sounds great! What an awesome way to use your lunch period. Maybe I should consider that! haha

As far as getting ready for work:

Get up (5-6am)
Exercise if I can
Shower
Cream all over
Eat breakfast / make coffee / get lunch together (usually make the night before)
Blow dry hair (if it is that sort of day)
Get Dressed
Make-up
Put hair up (if not blow drying)
Get things together, ready to go
Give the boyfriend a kiss
Apply lip gloss
Run out the door (7:10-7:25)

Surfing around the board today... feeling guilty for not using my Wii Fit *sigh*

JasonsLea
09-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Ro ~ Nothing yesterday. I didn't have a backpack to put any books in, I just went to use the computer.

I don't really have any routine for getting ready for work....and work is really all I do! :lol: Usually I get up after hitting the snooze button 300+ times, go to the restroom, walk around cursing, take a shower, get dressed, eat, brush my teeth, grumble some more.

SwimGirl
09-26-2008, 10:21 AM
hsmom - sorry to hear about your husband, you should move here, lots of jobs! I like your idea of the the movement thing, I'm not doing so great.. just the usual stuff like work.

Shari - good job on the biking! I haven't biked in so long, but doing it on flat ground sounds like fun! I haven't gone to the doctor about my headaches yet, i don't know if I want to. I know they put people on drugs that they have to take for the rest of their lives, doesn't sound too appealing to me. I can mostly control them thru diet and exercise.

Rosario - the gym sounds like a good idea, if you'd go. I know I wouldn't go, so I haven't bothered with that. Nice price though!! Here its 45-100 a month for a gym pass depending on the gym. Too expensive for me! The caramel apple martini is vodka, sour puss apple and butterscotch schnapps, 1 oz of each, but I always mess around with it. I have a morning routine when I work at 8:30am..
up at 6:10
cuddle with bf for 2 minutes or so
computer until 6:25am, it seems to wake me up slowly and I feel more relaxed when I do this
shower
after the shower I tone, serum and moisturize
makeup, I even have a little routine within this!
get dressed, do hair
leave at 7:30-7:40

I am a woman of routines I think.. heh. I always do things in a certain order as well.

Courtnie - the pills I got are called PGX, I got them at LD on the BOGO. That sale ended 3-4 weeks ago, but since I know so many managers I got the sale price. I have to admit, I don't really know how to do a casual makeup look... so I can do smokey eye and glittery eye.. lol. I will learn more, and become an expert!

Alright, so I lost my entire first post, and that was my second go at it! Stupid computers sometimes! I got up stupidly early this morning, drove Josh to the bus, got in the door and he called me because he'd thrown up. So I went and picked him up.. sucks! Cuz I was up an hour earlier than I normally do.. I would have loved that extra sleep. Thank goodness its friday! Have a good day ladies!

-Aimee

sotypical
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Aimee - are they very expensive normally? I kinda wanna try them!

I am for sure a woman of routine as well, I have a routine the shower, a routine for putting my cream on, a routine for putting my makeup on... LOL Yah... otherwise I would forget half the stuff so it goes in the same order every morning, lol.

I am soooo hungry, must go eat.

SwimGirl
09-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Courtnie - 24.99 for a bottle, I think it's got 90 pills in them? I got mine at LD, but they might be cheaper elsewhere! I normally only them take 2 meals a day, because it slows the intake of any pills you might be taking, and since I take my birth control in the morning, I don't do it then. I am staving right now.. I could eat a horse!! LOL. I enjoy my morning routine, I think? Its the only way I remember to do things as well.. I am SO forgetful in the morning!

So I was peaking into other threads this morning and I discovered a new workout tape, Jillian Michael's 30 day shred I think it's called. I might go see if LD or Wal-Mart has it! It looks really intense, and I could reallllly stand to lose some inches! Especially around my waist.

Last night Josh and I were going to go out, to his friends place and then to a bar.. so I got dressed up in an outfit that was sexy in my mind! lol. But he said it was too nice, and I was over dressed! I couldn't find anything else to wear since I am still having issues with all my jeans (how can they be still SO tight after losing 8 pounds??), anyways.. we stayed home. Stupid. Who doesn't take their gf out because she looks TOO good??

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.. come out and tell us about it!! ;)

-Aimee

Rosario
09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
courtnie - routines are nice!! I wish I'd get into a working out routine. When I am in one, it just feels wrong if I miss a workout. So I'll workout at midnight if I have to.

aimee - what exactly do those pills do? you know about the headaches, have you ever tried sniffing an apple? Supposedly, it does something with your brain and receptors and all that jazz. My dad told me about that. For awhile, he was into alternative medicine and he read about all this kind of stuff. Maybe it'll help with your headaches. Its worth a try.

shari - that's a routine you have there!! lol that's basically mine too. I don't put makeup on until Im at work and I let my hair dry with this fan I have at work. Lets me sleep in a bit longer.

I lost 1.6 pounds this week. woohoo. It wasnt much but its something. I think because I wasn't eating as much as I have been eating i.e. junk food. So that's a start.

I'm still torn about the gym. I know if I get the membership I'll go, because it is just too convenient. And Im always looking for stuff to do on my lunch time. So its perfect. But Im still skeptical about paying 20 bucks a month (its for 36 months...i hate contracts). I think most likely I will go ahead and do it.

We were supposed to go to my bf's uncles house for some tamales. But we're not going after all so I need to find something to entertain myself for the rest of the day. What to do, what to do?

have a good one ya'll. :wave:

Rosario
09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
aimee - you didn't go out cause you were dressed to sexy or because your plans fell through? that sucks. You should've went out on your own!! lol I hate wasting an outfit! Especially since it is very rare where I feel like I'm dressed nice. Especially after all the effort I put into getting ready!! Shoot, I don't care where but my bf better be taking me somewhere!

SwimGirl
09-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Rosario - Congrats on the loss!! Almost 2 pounds, thats REALLY good :) I'm very happy for you!! LAst night Josh thought I was over dressed and said I should change.. I tried, nothing looked good. I got cranky and refused to go out. He actually suggested I wear sweat pants!! They are lululemon ones, which are semi nice.. but still, I wanna feel pretty.. not like going for a run! The PGX pills are basically fibre pills, they expand in your stomach and I believe they slow your digestion which keeps you fuller longer. Don't quote me on any of that! lol. If you think you'd go to the gym - I say do it! At least then you know you are exercising 5 days a week!

Today I dropped Josh off at work, and then went on the hunt of jeans. What I discovered is that I am in between sizes! 16's fit in the butt & legs, but the waist was too small, major muffin-top! The 18's were HUGE in the butt and legs, and made me look like I have a penis - and then the waist sorta fit, still a little tight. I even tried on 20's, they were so huge everywhere except the waist was still a little tight. I seriously don't get it! I finally found a pair that fit the waist, but they came up to my boobs, not so good. Alright, that was probably too much info! And I still don't own a pair of jeans. I did however buy a workout DVD - Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Hopefully that'll get my butt moving! And then I can start posting how I am moving!

Oops, also.. down 1 pound!! 260 right on the button! So close to the 250's..

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-28-2008, 01:06 AM
I did my first workout! I nearly died! It was reallllly hard! As long as I keep up with my diet I will definitely be losing some weight from this! Fingers crossed its 6 pounds! 20 minute workouts too, which is nice and easy to fit in.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Day 2 of 30 Day shred! I woke up with sore inner thighs, but not much else was sore. Tomorrow will be another thing!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
09-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Congrats on your losses Aimee and Ro!

TOM came this week and I'm hoping he leaves before my WI Tuesday, and takes any friends he's thinking of leaving behind! I really want a loss this week, I've been a good girl.

Rosario
09-28-2008, 10:10 PM
aimee - that's awesome on your loss!! WTg! jeans suck. I'm not even bothering with trying to buy jeans. Last time I tried on a size 26 at Lane bryant. They fit ok at the waist but I was literally swimming in them everywhere else. I only have this one pair of 20s that I wear only because they stretch. And even then I don't wear them often because theyre starting to feel tight. So what's the Jillian Shred all about? What kind of workouts does it consist of?

shari - hang in there and I'll be crossing my fingers for a loss for your next WI.

hsmomx2 - if you're reading, we are finally feeling the no-gas burn. I haven't really seen stations with gas. I have enough gas to get to work tomorrow but I have got to go hunting for some to last me the week!!

me and the bf ended up going to his grandmas for tamales. They are these huge monstrosities. Delicious, but huge. That's all we pretty much did. Went to favorite store in the world (Target) to pick up some things. Picked up some apples and snacks for me. and that's about it.

I've been surfing target.com for the past hour. They have so much cute stuff, and on clearance. I love a bargain!!!! Only thing is, in smaller sizes. Man, smaller people get some of the best deals. There's another incentive for me to start getting serious about losing weight!!

Well, i have to go mentally prepare myself for the work week ahead (watching engaged and underaged on mtv.com lol) so I will chat with u tomorrow!

SwimGirl
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Shari - Thanks!! GL with your WI, drink lots of water to help get rid of the TOM weight!

Rosario - The workout is really hard!! OMG! My legs are aching, and when I went grocery shopping today I wanted a wheel chair! lol. So the workout itself - it's 20 minutes broken down to 3 minute weight, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute of abs. The cardio is jumping jacks, jumping rope, running in place and this punching thing. The jumping jacks kill me! I like really hard workouts, and 20 minutes is very manageable for me right now. I also enjoy Target, I make sure I go there every time I'm in the USA. Definitely some cute shirts, I've never tried any other clothes though. I think when I'm in San Fran I'm going hit up H&M, got any other ideas for me? Jeans are just so lame! How do you get around wearing them? When I was smaller I'd wear a lot of skirts, but now that I'm so over weight I just can't pull them off!

Well ladies, I am 100 pounds away from my goal! I just realized that today. It'll be nice to get into the single digits, also I reallllly want to see those 250's! I've been a very very good girl today, the scale this morning sent shock waves thru me.. it said 264! I know I couldn't possibly gain 4 pounds over night.. but its a good encouragement to get back on plan. Also this week Josh is going out of town for work. So I am alone Tuesday-Friday, might help with the eating better - he can be a bad influence. It should help with working out... gonna be a lonely week. One of my closest friends is still away in Europe, and with Josh gone.. I got no one to talk to on the phone except my family! LOL. I'm such a loser. I better go make dinner! ttyl!

-Aimee

Rosario
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
aimee - I've only been able to get away with not wearing jeans because of the summer. I've been in shorts and skirts. I rarely go out so I don't need that many outfits any way. But since it's getting colder I'm going to have to find a way to squeeze myself into my jeans. I can't wait to fit into H&M clothes. they have some of the bests prices. I wouldn't know where else to shop as I only really shop at Old Navy. And I'm sure you have that store in Canada. Where do you shop up there? that dvd sounds like a killer workout . And I hate jumping jacks!! they hurt. good luck on your alone time. I know what you mean when u say your bf is a bad influence. Mine is too, especially with eating snacks late at night. Bad Boyfriend.

I am also 100 pounds away from goal. I'm hoping maybe I'll be better off at a higher weight, but my goal weight is based on the Bmi chart. But I don't want to get to small because I have a big head and I am really not a fan of the whole lollipop look. I guess we'll see when I get there (If I ever do).

Scale creeped down a little this morning. I guess it's the not eating so much part because I haven't worked out at all. Had my yummy semi healthy bfast - mixed fresh fruit and a croissant. Brought my lunch and a snack to work. The only thing I'm going to have to watch is I bought this Chocaolate Monkey trail mix thingie - dried bananas, pineapple, cherries, w/ nuts and chocolate covered peanuts. I'm going to have to limit myself to just one serving, but when I get hungry I go snack happy. Hopefully, I don't get hungry.

And...I'm going to try to get moving today.

How's everyone else doing??

sotypical
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
WOW you girls were busy posting.

Aimee and Ro: congrats on your loss!! WTG

Aimee: sorry josh is being such a prick... but you already got my thoughts on that one ;) haha Lululemons are nice, but I don't feel right going out in them either. I feel soooo lazy or bleh, not sure how so many people do it! WTG on the video! you really liking it? Maybe I should get a copy. So I bought a HUGE bottle of those pills from Costco, did you start with taking 1 or 2 with a meal? how many are you taking now? Try American Eagle jeans, the boyfriend cut... I am really digging them right now, they fit nice for me anyway. Oh and you can call me!

Ro: sounds like you are doing great! We don't have target here but I really really want to shop at one! Everyone always talks about it and it sounds like such a great store. And trader joes... I wish we had that too.

So I exercised 3 days last week and got up this morning to do it and then said screw it. We have company coming end of this week and here next, so I wont do it will they are here. So I think I might wait to get into my routine after they go. That way I can just keep going... I dunno. My scale is still going up, I feel like I am going to be back at starting weight soon and I am not even eating that badly! I don't get it... My weekends are not that great but not that bad either. Anyway I am taking this pills so hopefully soon. Least if I stay the same I wont have to buy new winter clothes.... HAHA. bleh

Happy monday!

SwimGirl
09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Rosario - I don't usually find a lot at the Old Navy by my house, but I bet I could find something in a bigger store! I usually prefer The GAP though, but they are starting to get boring! I really just need 1 pair of pants, I have enough shirts to last me a couple years! When I shop I go to the above stores, umm, Smart Set, Reitmans, Aritzia, Jacob, and Lululemon. These are all Canadian stores, Aritzia and Lululemon have expanded to the USA though. I am hungry, so all your food sounds good to me! I made my lunch for today at work, greek salad, and soup! And I am bringing potato salad for my snack at work. I think I'll have an omelet for breakfast! Whats your goal weight? Mine is 160 - I set it to this because this is the weight I remember being in high school. I might decide to go lower once I get there, we'll see! So I have at LEAST 100 pounds to lose.. its kind of freaky to think about!

I work the late shift tonight, and then Josh is off to his conference tomorrow morning, and I also work early tomorrow. I hate doing these shifts! Just makes me tired the rest of the week. I am off to workout and then make breakfast! I will be back to post my moving!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Courtnie - took me so long to post I missed yours! I am only taking 1 pill with 2 meals a day, I should probably up it soon though! I might start that today! The video was only 10 bucks, so it was well worth it! I am enjoying it, mostly because its so short. I don't want to be spending much time on exercising, because then my diet gets off track.. and my diet is the key to all this weight loss! I am almost considering taking the video with me when I go to San Francisco later next month, heh.. but I know I wouldn't end up doing it. I took my measurements before I started, so I'll keep you all posted on how those go!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Day 3 complete!! And boy am I sore!! But its good.. Also got on the scale this morning, and its 260 - phew! Not sure why it was up 4 pounds yesterday.. I hope at the end of this week I'll be into those 250's!!

-Aimee

sotypical
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Aimee - congrats on day 3! yay! I just started taking the pills this morning, i read all about them and they sound awesome. Then I was talking to my friend and his mom owns a bunch of health food stores in Vancouver and his girlfriend works in one of them... anyway his girlfriend thinks they are like the best thing there is! I am taking two with a meal... hope they dont bug me too much! Do you take them before snacks too?

SwimGirl
09-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Courtnie -yay! Glad you bought them?? They just help keep me full and keep away those cravings... for example, TOM starts in the next couple of days.. and very little cravings! Yay!!

I am soooo tired, but I did soooo good today! I just gonna continue this, and I totally will! And on Friday I'll be announcing that I weigh 258 pounds! It'll be exciting as heck! And then I'm gonna go buy some new shoes to celebrate! hehe.. K, I am off to bed! goooooodnight!

-Aimee

Rosario
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
courtnie - maybe if you keep your eating in check, you'll be okay without the exercise until you're ready to start your routine. Target is awesome and I've heard great things about Trader Joes but have never been in one. Those pills sound like a pretty good thing. Hopefully they work out good for you.

aimee - I think my goal weight is 155 or 150 can't remember. According to the BMI chart, I think 155 is the highest I can be with a normal BMI. But again If I'm happy and healthy at a higher weight, then that's where I'll stop. I always here stuff about those BMI charts being bunk, so I'm just using it as a guideline. Well it looks like you found something you can stick to. And it only costed 10 bucks. I hear if you can go 11 days with sticking to a routine, then you'll pretty much stick to it for a while. 7(or is it 8) more days to go for you!!

The good news about yesterday is I finally worked out. I did the first video in my SI6 series. The bad news is I went overboard with that trail mix and some late night snacking. So the scale was up this morning. I put that trail mix in the kitchen at work (out of sight, out of mind). Hopefully, I can control myself with the eating a little more.

I e-mailed that chick who showed me around the gym yesterday. She hasn't e-mailed me back!! She better not be blowing me off. I guess she doesn't want a contract that bad. Or maybe I'm just overreacting and she's busy. We'll see.

hope you all have a good day. 4 more days til the weekend!!

sotypical
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Aimee - I think I am glad I bought them. They are expensive but I really hope they will be worth it. Keep it up, you are doing awesome. You and I have been chatting for what.... 3 years almost.. 2.5 maybe, anyway - I think this is the best you have done in that time, I am so proud and happy for you!

Ro - I hope these pills work, eating good alone doesn't seem to be working that great for me. Congrats on working out! Going overboard is bad... but trail mix is full of nuts and nuts are good for you - least it wasn't french fries or something! I do love trail mix... mmm Good luck with the gym! I am sure she is just busy.

I am so excited, I just ordered myself new ram for my Macbook Pro! (read: Courtnie is a mega nerd) - it was such a good deal and I wanted more ram! woo! It wont be here for a bit I am excited non-the less haha.

Today we are going for sushi for lunch, YUM! hopefully I don't over do it...

JasonsLea
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Damn TOM. Those two lbs I lost last week? They're baacccckkkk! *pouts*

SwimGirl
10-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Ugh!! I am sick!! I am so not happy enough this.. every time I do a closing with an opening the next morning I get sick! So frustrating! I am contemplating exercising tonight, I really wanted to keep with the 30 Day Shred. It's just a sore throat right now, I came from work early and got rid of the barfing and headache. I dunno..

Rosario - I remember when I was 17 and was told I was considered overweight - I was horrified!!! I was swimming 6 days a week, biking, hiking.. and I was wearing a size 30 jean. I didn't understand how that could work. Anyways, now I'm getting it -weight to height ratio doesn't always work. Especially if you have a lot of muscles. So when I get smaller I'm going to put more of an emphasis on my waist size. Good job working out!! Yay! I'm so proud of you! As for the gym lady, maybe she was sick? Had to take a day offf, really busy.. could be anything!

Courtnie - thanks!! :) It's nice to hear!! I think I am doing pretty good, this might be the longest i've give up sugar without it being a detox! lol, you are totally a geek with your ram.. Its good though! Gives yah character! :)

Shari - Stupid TOM! I'm sorry to hear about your WI, those 2 pounds will definitely come off next week, and MORE!!

Alright, so this post took me FOREVER to do!! I got interrupted by the phone, a visitor, making dinner, working out! Oh my!! But I DID workout!! Day 4 of the Shred! My throat is still killing me, but I'm glad I did it!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow, this morning came too fast!! I still have a sore throat, and will definitely be going to bed earlier tonight!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Aimee - hope you are feeling better soon. WTG on still working out even though you are not feeling well. Remember to give yourself a break though!

Shari - they will be gone again next week!

Rosario
10-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Crap!! I had a post going but then my IE froze up!!

Courtnie - Do you know how to make your own sushi? I so want to try it. I saw this awesome how-to vid on about.com and it looks easy enough (it probably isn't). I've been searching for sushi recipes all morning. Now I just need to get a bamboo rolling mat. How is it going with the pills?

Aimee - that's kind of sad that your job schedules your for a day of opening right after a night of closing. You'd think they'd be a bit more considerate. But then again, that means you'd always be closing or opening. I guess it's to shake things up a bit, huh? Great job on working out. Make sure you do take it easy though and take care of yourself or that sore throat will be sticking around longer than it should. Feel better!

shari - don't worry. Those two pounds will be gone by next WI. And if you've been extra good, you're loss is going to be awesome next week. have you been good??? :drill:

the gym girl e-mailed me back. too bad it wasn't with a better offer. So I still have to think about that.

Yesterday was awful. I was all over the place with my eating. And I didn't work out. Scale was up 2 pounds this morning. I know it's not permanent but I could really feel those 2 pounds.

But today I've been good so far. Just need to continue on through the night and get a workout in. ANd not let my bf be a bad influence and talk me into late night snacks. I think that is what is making me uneasy in the morning.

I discovered something today. It's not the healthiest thing in the world, but I found that drinking a midmorning coffee curbs my hunger a bit. I wasn't as hungry by lunch time like I usually am. I was even thinking about picking up some fast food and not eating the lunch I brought, but after drinking the coffee, I didn't have a second thought about food. Even when I was in the grocery section in Wal-Mart. I did buy some Tiramisu flavored creamer and I'm going to start drinking a coffee for my AM snack. Like I said, I know it's not healthy but it can't hurt either. Or can it??

I think I've rambled enough for the day. :wave:

Rosario
10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
hsmomx2 - where've you been hiding? hope everything is okay.

sotypical
10-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Ro - I do know how to make sushi but it just isnt not a good. I hear getting the rice just right is hard... i have yet to do it right, but it comes out okay. It is good, but just not the same. It is not that hard to roll them, i watched videos online to do it right, haha. I had sushi for lunch yesterday and today! mmm The pills are going good, less cravings for sure. Like when I am hungry, I am just hungry but dont really feel or care to eat... if that makes sense. Like food sounds good to me, but not like OMG MUST EAT IT NOW!

Oh and the Coffee thing - coffee is known to be an appetite suppressant - also it is not that bad. If you start drinking 15 cups a day you might be in for some trouble, but 2-3 I don't think is that bad.

Don't worry about those two pounds, my scale was up this morning too! bleh, I blame the white rice in the sushi, haha. I totally ate way too much sushi today, but all well. I will try and eat less at dinner.

I don't really know what to think about work right now... so much going on. Again, stupid internet... I hate posting that kinda thing for everyone to read and find :/

SwimGirl
10-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Courtnie - its just a little sore throat, I can't let it stop me from working out! I am sleeping LOTS though, drinking tons of water and taking it easy. 20 minutes can't kill me! Josh was talking to the western rep of Webber Vitamins, and he was telling her that I was taking them. He was saying that she's lost 29 pounds!! She told him to get me to up the pills to 2 instead of 1, so I guess I'll start that tomorrow. Aren't you amazed that those pills can keep the cravings away? Thats my fav part! I also find that when I'm hungry that I can make sensible decisions, and have the patience to make something healthy to eat.

Rosario - What was the gym deal they offered you? I have also made sushi! My mom and I did manage to perfect the rice, and it turned out great! I don't have to patience to do it again though.. lol. Definitely a group event! I often have a latte for a snack, I always get low fat though! It always feels like a treat, and I always need a little pick me up in the afternoon, heh. You definitely can't gain 2 pounds overnight! If you ate late, its probably just from that!

Day 4 of 30 Day Shred complete! I ate pretty good, my dinner feels like it wasn't very healthy. I had a bread made from kamut, which is a different kind of wheat, seems to work better in my body! And on that I had a chicken salad that Josh made for me, I also had a huge salad. Felt kind of like cheating because of the bread. But it's never bothered me before. Anyways, I'm just rambling.

I miss Josh. Its so quiet, and I don't have anyone to talk to, or to hug me. I don't know how people deal with being away from their loved ones for more that a week! I have been away from Josh longer, but I was always with someone. I can't wait for him to come home, he wants me to come up there tomorrow night after work. I doubt I will, just because the drive would be unpleasant. Anyways, I'm off to watch a little tv and get some sleep!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Day 6: 30 Day Shred DONE!! I am tired! But its a good tired. Although Josh called me in the middle of the night and he was REALLY sick.. and he wanted me to come get him today after work!! 3 hour drive there, and 3 hours back! Anyways, he's feeling better thanks to flu drugs, phew! I don't know if I could have done it without like 6 energy drinks! lol.

Where is everyone today??

-Aimee

sotypical
10-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Aimee - I for sure find even if I am starving it is not like shove something unhealthy in my mouth. Yesterday I really wanted hummus and I probably ate a bit too much... but really, hummus? Least it wasn't french fries! I just started taking two right away... no change in the scale yet... in fact one morning I saw 180 but it is has been like 181.8 every since :( Maybe just because I am drinking a lot more water. I am over 10 pound heavier then I was this time last year, and almost 20 pounds from the year before. It is so depressing because I have been working at it and I am still up.... alot. I really want to be 160 for Karden's xmas party, I looked so good last year - people that hadn't seen me in years were like WOW you look fantastic... I don't want to go there being fat again. Where is Josh?

sotypical
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Aimee - I just saw a thing on LD website saying this month is double stamp month for Lisa Waiter... does that mean I get TWO stamps for every $25?

SwimGirl
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Courtnie - it sure does!! I might even buy some Lise Watier this month, I love me some double stamps! Plus I wanna buy my mom something from their line, and there is a REALLY nice gold eyeshadow! Hmm, I am perplexed about how come you haven't lost with the pills! The pills gave me confidence to give up the sugar and wheat, which were my vices.. so thats why everything worked so well for me.

-Aimee

Rosario
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
courtnie - Ok, what's LD and Lisa Waiter? hang in there. this hard work will pay off sooner or later (it always does)! I saw a vid on how to make sushi rice. It looks easy too. I can't wait to try it.

aimee- if my bf had called me to come pick him up three hours away....I would of been like "oh, **** no!!" hehe I love you but it's not happening. but then again, I might actually do it. WTG on all your hard work!! send some of that energy to me please. the offer was 40 bucks a month for a year. and she was gonna waive the 150 dollar set up fee. idk...any gym who asks for that much for a set up fee doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

so i've been bad the past couple of days. seriously bad. and I plan on being bad through tonite. weigh in was bad. but I was expecting it.

but don't worry, I plan on picking back up tomorrow. I wanteed to start the C25k program. I uploaded a bad a$$ house mix into my Ipod. totally pump you up music. i can see myself working out to it. just listening to it in the car got me going.

aaaand....my mom might buy me and my bf a plane ticket to go visit LA. eek!! I hope she can. She was thinking for thanksgiving, but I was looking at Halloween. Tix prices are way cheaper. SO hopefully everything works out and I can go home for a much needed visit.

so motivation and some new music!! yay! I'm actually looking forward to starting tomorrow!

Rosario
10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
okay, I see Lisa Waiter is a makeup brand and LD is where Aimee works?

SwimGirl
10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Rosario - you got it! Lise Watier is a Canadian makeup brand, sort of similar to MAC, but more like Elizabeth Arden for trendy people! LD = London Drugs, its a drug store here in Canada. Not much in the USA that compares to it. We are a drug store with a computer dept, audio visual dept (tv's & such), camera's, cell phones, photo developing, cosmetics with higher end stuff and lower end stuff like covergirl, maybelline, etc. Also we sell furniture.. pretty much everything!! Also they pay good! lol I hope the trip to LA happens! Thats very exciting!! I enjoyed the C25K, but its so rainy and gross here that exercising outside just won't be happening for me! The Jillian workout is still serving me well! Josh was SO sick, and I was worried about him.. he hasn't been that sick in years! The worst thing about being sick and throwing up non stop is having to do that away from home, with someone else there! BTW - thats a horrible price for the gym membership!

Alright! I am discouraged, I don't get how I could be on plan AND exercising all week and I'm still the same?? I don't get it!! Anyways, I'll keep plugging away, I am hoping that its because of TOM ending. I better go exercising now though! Josh is almost home.. yay!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Day 7 complete!! Wow, i've exercised every single day for 7 days! Wowsers! I am happy with that! I also vacuumed! It's time to move, I hate cleaning this crap hole of a place.. lol. Josh and I upped our limit for rent to 1100 a month, maybe we can find a decent place for that! Here's hoping!! And no more basement suites, even if they are affordable.. I can't handle all the spiders... eeek!!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Just me again.. Josh came home and went straight to bed!! So I went shopping, but it sucked because I needed his advice. I've been so lonely while he was gone and he comes home.. and I'm still alone!! Also, I hate living in the city I do... I haven't made any friends, and I hate it here. End of my venting..

-Aimee

Rosario
10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
aimee - why don't you come move over here so you can be my friend? I'm in the same boat as you. I've lived here for 3 years and I have yet to make a real friend. It's just me and the bf. We used to go out with some couples (one of them his cousin and her bf) but since they broke up we don't really hang out with anyone. that's great about moving into a new place. maybe you should look for an apartment building with lots of young people. that'd be a new way to make some friends. Way to go on finishing a week of workouts!! you're awesome!

Went to church last night and then we met up with my bf's cousin and some of her friends. Went to her friend's house and I had a lot of vodka. Then we came home. Fun times! lol It was ackward for me since I suck at meeting new people. oh well.

it's too hot right now to do my c25k so Ima wait to do it later on tonite. aimee, i think my bf as what your bf has. Not the throwing up, but he feels sick. Still he's a big baby when he's sick.

have a good one girls!

it's so

hsmomx2
10-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll have to come back later and read up on what all I've missed. Dh is still jobless thanks to the dealership closing. So things aren't functioning like normal, but I'm enjoying having this extra time with him. We know when a position comes available he wont have vacation time for probably a year. So we're just trying to enjoy the lemonaide from the lemons we have right now. Eating has been okay, but could be a great deal better. Tom came by to visit so there's no lose for me this week. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

SwimGirl
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Rosario - you could come move here? Or lets go move to somewhere warm, like California, by the ocean.. and we can be really hot surfer chicks! Hmm, that could work for me! heh.. The workouts are getting me some results so thats why I am keeping at it! Thanks :) I don't wanna jinx myself, but I think I am down 1-1.5 inches around my waist! Josh has really swollen glands and he is having issues swallowing. It sucks because he's not talking much, which gets me thinking bad thoughts, and its lonely!

hsmom - sorry to hear about whats going on.. but glad you are taking full advantage of the opportunity you are presented with! Stupid TOM! Seriously, we need to find a way for us to get TOM without gaining weight!

This morning I had to get up at 6am for a meeting at work, ugh! It was really early, and now I don't feel like doing anything. I had to drive Josh to work to get shampoo, conditioner and all those girly stuff that I was completely out of. Which means I have to go pick Josh up from work at 8:30pm, poopy! lol. I am off to go slack off!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Alright, so it's been 9 days of moving! 27 minute workouts! I am pleased with how my clothes are fitting, and the workouts are becoming more of a routine rather than... I dunno how to explain it really. I just do it, also helps that I post my workouts in two places everyday.. don't wanna let anyone, mostly myself, down!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Aimee - congrats on day 9! wtg! I hope Josh is feeling better soon so you guys can hang out. I still say move the island ;) You can find something nice here for $1100 for sure! And I am here... nice place, a friend - what more can you want? haha Not to mention the island is beautiful!

Ro - I suck with new people too. I managed to drink a whole bottle of wine Saturday night so don't feel too bad about the vodka.

hsmomx2 - enjoy your time together and hope he finds a new job soon!

So I broke my scale on the weekend *wails* it is one of those really expensive ones that remember your starting weight and everything... argh. I am kinda mad. The only reason I can think it broke is because my hair dripped some water on it. Like a $60 or something dollar scale and I drink some water on it and it breaks? argh I have had this sine the start. I haven't decided if I rush out and buy a new scale or just not have one for a while.... I dunno if I can go without. Not weight today and yesterday was hard but nice at the same time to not worry about it.... my Wii Fit weighs too, but that takes like a few minutes to get that far and when I am in a hurry in the mornings... not gonna happen. Just incase I don't buy a scale for a while, I upped my ticket to what it sad Saturday morning. *sigh*

Karden and I went out yesterday and he bought us 600 thread count sheets! woo - they are very nice! And they were 60% off and now we have 4 pillow cases that match! yay! lol We were talking about getting a king bed but I am pretty sure that wont happen now, I think we will just get a new duvet cover and stuff. We always had nice bedding but now we will have even nicer stuff, lol.

I have so much family here. From all different sides. Karden's dad, my step dad's mom and on my dad's side a cousin from Scotland. Trying to see everyone has been a juggle and full of eating. Least I have made okay choices and small portions... expect one dinner of Chinese and that bottle of wine, haha. Not to mention my sisters birthday party was Saturday night and then yesterday was her real birthday and we did thanksgiving dinner... it has been a CRAZY few days. It is nice seeing everyone, but I am pretty tired! I was up until 6am Sunday morning and then back up at 9! I made it all day feeling good though - I couldn't believe it! I am more tired this morning then I was yesterday! haha crazy.

Anyway that was long enough for now. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

SwimGirl
10-07-2008, 03:26 AM
Courtnie - thats an impressive post lady! Broke your scale? That doesn't sound good, it also doesn't sound like a scale could bread from such a thing! What about a battery? Could it be anything like that? Getting a new scale is so depressing too, because sometimes they weigh different! I love bedding! I own 4 duvets, lol, summer, fall, winter and one I don't use anymore because it sheds! I have to admit having all matching pillow cases would be nice.. not going to happen to me though! We seriously have 10 pillows! Only 5 on the bed, for now the other 5 are on the couch since Josh has had to sleep on the couch all week since he's been sick.

Day 10! Yay! I gotta say, tomorrow might have to be a rest day.. I might have hit a wall. My face is all stuffed up, which happened AFTER the workout. I'm afraid if I push myself any more I'll be stuck in bed on Wednesday, which is my day off! I better go to bed, I am exhausted. Goodnight!

-Aimee

Rosario
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM
hsmomx2 - I hope your dh finds something soon. Its so bad right now. An aunt, cousin, and uncle of mine have already been laid off. I'm thinking the economy is only going to get worse. I'm so scared.

aimee - california it is!! I love it there. And I think I'm going to live at the beach when I go back! I'm glad your seeing results from your workouts. That's the best incentive to keep going, right? Yes take a day of rest!! Your body will thank you later. Just don't take too long of a rest, you know? And I'm so happy you've made it to the point where working out is just part of what you do now. I can't wait til I get to that point!

courtnie - high thread count sheets are the best!! JC Penney usually has some on sale around christmas time for 50 percent off. I hope we can stock up on some this year. that's great that you've been making right choices with so much family around. Just try not to think about it too much.. I found that I fail more often than not when I stress and think about what I'm going to eat. Enjoy the time with you family!

well I didn't get to start C25k on sat. ended up taking the bf to the ER room because he had a really high fever. they didn't find anything wrong with him. the dr said it might've been something he ate (damn waffle house!!). so he was sick all day sat and sun and I had to play nurse. But good thing is we didn't eat out at all over the weekend and the scale was down yesterday morning.

yesterday was another story. bad all around. I was just a real pig with food. but I'm moving on to today. Had my planned bfast and now I'm enjoying my a.m. coffee. It doesn't taste as good with sugar substitute. But I guess I'll try to save on calories and keep using equal.

I really want to start working out already. I've got my pump me up music on the Ipod and even bought some new workout pants at target (on clearance for 5 bucks...score!!). I just haven't yet. Grrr!! I think I'm going to hold off on the C25k right now and just try to start walking around the block.

Guys please send me energy vibes (or get off your lazy butt ones)!

P.S. if you guys have any Martha Stewart in you, I found the cutest blog (blogs are my thing now) of some lady who does cupcakes and cakes. Check it out. SHe does some really cute stuff.
Bakerella (http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com)

Rosario
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
so yesterday was a very good day. I ate what I had planned to eat. I went to kroger during my lunch and bought some cheese, fruit, and nuts to keep on hand at work for snacking. I did really good. I'm proud of myself.

I didn't walk around the block last night, but I did work out. Woo hoo!! And SI6 always makes me sweat like crazy. So I'm pretty satisfied with it.

This morning, I got to work early and realizeed I didn't have anything to drink for lunch. I got the sudden urge to head over to McD's for some bfast even though I had already eaten my cereal. I don't know how I correlated not having anything to drink for lunch with eating bfast, but whatever I did. I was fighting with myself but thought better of it. I was thinking I really want to lose this weight and I know eating fast food isn't going to help. Rosario 1 Fast Food 0. I wonder how long I can go without eating the stuff.

I hope you guys are all doing good!

JasonsLea
10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Hola ladies!

I'm thisclose to being back full force! My last day at the second job is next week. Yesterday I got my cable and internet back! WOOOOT! And Mama and I found a fantastic computer at the pawn shop for $250! Half what I was going to pay for a brandnew computer. :dizzy: So it's in layaway and I should have it by the end of next week! :carrot:

I miss yall! :hug:

SwimGirl
10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Rosario - Congrats on your success!! Exercising, eating well, rejecting fast food! I am impressed!! You will be glad to hear that I took yesterday off for rest! I feel guilty today, but will definitely be working out to compensate for that! I'd definitely work up to C25K, walking is a good idea, because I was walking every day when I started the running part and it was hard! I had to stop because it was so snowy here though and I was basically stuck at home for 2 weeks!

Shari - yay! Glad to hear you got a good deal on the computer! And we look forward to having you back!!

Well, as I said, no exercise from me yesterday. I was having a pity party yesterday morning and decided not to exercise... today I feel guilty! But I'm going to finish this post and get my runners on and start level 2 of the 30 day shred! I have lost a few inches since I've started :) 1 inch from my hips, 1 inch from my waist (smallest part), and 1 1/2 inches from my "roll". I think these are pretty good results for 10 days of work!

My personal life is feeling pretty crappy the past couple of days.. work is a drag, I have a horrible meeting tomorrow, and we are coming into the busy season. My manager at work yesterday gave me this crappy thing called a "bravo" for stepping up my game at work!! Like, WHAT?? I haven't changed a thing, the only thing thats changed is that I've been working with stronger employee's at work! It just feels... not nice since I haven't been working harder at all. Josh and I are still not able to sleep in the same bed, which I don't know why.. but it makes me feel.. odd. Like we aren't as close. I dunno, could all be in my mind.. hopefully tonight will be good, we are planning to spend the evening together. I need it.

I am off to watch the end of a bad movie and exercise!

-Aimee

Rosario
10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
aimee - that's great about your loss in inches!!! woohoo!!! those are very GOOD results!! good luck on starting level 2! isn't a "bravo" a good thing??? we are our worse critics. so just because you feel like you aren't working harder, doesn't mean other people don't see something else, you know? Have you talked to your bf?? If you guys aren't sharing the same bed, maybe something is up with him? Maybe you snore too loud? lol just kidding. but definitely if you feel a rift between you guys, spill it and discuss it with him. Talking is always the way to go. and speaking of crappy movies, I just saw the crappiest movie ever last night. The Happening and OMG was it crappy!

shari - good to hear from you. That's great about the computer. Why is the other job ending? I want to hear what you've been up to!!

Onto Day 3 of eating right and working out. the only thing I ate out of plan yesterday was some truffles and OMG they were awesome. Like little chocolate ice cream balls in my mouth. I really hope the MIL hid the bag as I will go on the hunt and probably eat them all.

there wasn't any milk at home and i didn't wake up early enough to scramble up an egg, so I stopped at MCD's for some bfast. Alls I got was a bagel w/ cc, and a parfait. Pretty good choice, no? But after adding up the calories, it didn't seem like such a good one after all. Oh well, just as long as I stay on plan for the rest of the day.

So I'm defintiely going to LA at the end of Oct. woohoo!! I can't wait!

take care :wave:

oh yea scale was down this morning...i hope it stays down til tomorrow morning! :crossed:

sotypical
10-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Ro - WTG on day three of good choices! yay!

Aimee - sorry you are having such a hard time, I still think you guys should move to the island!

My eating has been meh. All well, and no scale still. I think I am just going to go without for a bit, I have some other stuff I want to buy. I am starting to Christmas shop already... so it doesn't hit me so hard in a month or so. I have a few things on my list to get this week. And I want to go get some new makeup while it is double stamp month! Just waiting for my visa period to end (today.) I am in one of my weird OCD moods. I feel like I should clean up the bathrooms and throw away every hair product and makeup product I havent used in the last 3 months.... sigh. I have so many tubes of lip gloss, like cheap stuff - that I don't use anymore because I am addicted to the good stuff, haha. And so many cheap hair products I wont use any more because they burn on my flat iron... bleh. I don't even wanna think how much money in stuff! Bottles of perfume I dont like... body sprays... lol I figured I am going to put it all in a bag and bring take it to my sister and tell her to take what she wants. It is just depressing you know... but it is taking up space, and with christmas coming I will need space after, LOL. I hate sitting here at work, wishing I was at home cleaning... how bad is that? I hate when I get thinking like that.

I don't have a ton of money to buy the makeup I want with, but double stamps! I am so bad... haha

SwimGirl
10-09-2008, 11:22 PM
OMG - I posted earlier, and then the site went down!!! Grrrr!!

Rosario - I am so happy things are coming together for you :) The bf and I aren't sleeping together because he's snoring so loud.. I sometimes kick him out, and sometimes he willingly leaves. Its still hard though. And he's still so tired all the time, has no energy to spend time with me.

Courtnie - I own cheap stuff and expensive stuff, gotta mix it up.. no one can really afford all the expensive stuff! I also get tons of stuff for free, thats the only reason I own so much.. otherwise I'd stick to my cream gold eye shadow and my brown. I also never throw out lip gloss.. I loooove lip gloss!! I think I own like 30 or something.

So I chopped and dyed my hair!! It looks very cute I'm told, not too sure how I feel about it yet, it's SO different! I ran into my bf's friend at the mall, and he walks up to me, smiles and asks if I've been working out because I'm looking good.. as he eyes me up and down! And then he said I looked sexy with my hair cut. LOL. Kinda nice to hear, even if he's married and my bf's good friend! Also, Day 2 of 30 days shred done!! I am so sore though, it hurts to type. Yes, thats right... hurts to type!!! I'm gonna go find dinner now!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Aimee - I wanna see pics of that hair! Also, how often does LD do double stamps? like could I expect it again before xmas or should i go stock up now to get my stamps? haha OH and when you fill a card, do you have to use it right away or can I save it for later? (I am 3 from a full card)

So I rushed home from work last night and cleaned the cupboards! I got rids of TONS of stuff, but they are still pretty full. I cant believe all the creams and lip glosses and make up I have. Some of what is left I still wont even use but I am not ready to get rid of it yet. I filled one of the big lululemon bags with stuff and took it to my sister, told her to get threw it and let all her friends go threw it and just throw the rest away. It was lots of hair products and bubble bath and stuff. Some of my favourite bubble bath too, but I just have way to much of stuff and I know I will get more for xmas, even though I said not to get me any! lol

I have officially started my Christmas shopping... this sounds horrible, but I am shopping the clearance stuff. I really wanna try and do it cheaper this year. I found a nice starbucks mug for dad (i am also crocheting him a blanket) and just ordered some hand soap online (for my mom, she actually asked for hand soap, weird) from fruits-passions.com - and I got a free body butter that smells so good... so I think I will keep that for me, haha - you know, cuz I need more now that I cleaned everything out! I have no idea what to get my little sister or my boyfriend though.... I know my little sister wants books, but I will need to get her a little something else extra I think.

Happy Friday everyone!

SwimGirl
10-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Courtnie - double stamps in Lise Watier is once a year - usually around this time of year. But they are apparently doing a GWP closer to christmas, not entirely sure what the GWP is just yet though. And you can totally save it for later! I can give you bath products, since I don't have a bath tub and I get that stuff EVERY YEAR for xmas... even though everyone knows we don't have a bath tub. It's sooo silly! I have two huge baskets under my sink with products in them. I hate going thru them though because spiders live under the sink. Eww..

I have been sucking really badly... it started with not sleeping right at night, and having a sore back.. and then it keeps adding to it every night. I wake up sore and feeling MORE sore than when I went to bed. Josh better get better soon, or I may go insane!! Today I am determined to get off sugar, I got readdicted to soft drinks :(

-Aimee

Rosario
10-13-2008, 12:32 PM
oy!! I've been hella bad. I've eaten A LOT this weekend. and I didn't work out at all. eek!! and I only have 17 more days til I leave for LA!! crap! I gotta get on my game.

so far today I've stayed on track. Fought with myself this morning about going to Mcds to pick up bfast. I won. So I ended up with a coffee and some almonds. haven't been hungry much yet. I know it's not the healthiest menu but I'm not hungry so I'll save my fruit and cheese for later on when I know I will be hungry.

Hoping to work out tonite. Last time I worked out was Thursday!! That is so bad!

aimee - let's go chica!! let's get back on it! we've had our fun but now it's time to return to our regularly scheduled program!! have you been working out?? that's funny about the bath gifts. some people just don't think. lol I want to see a pic of your hair too!

courtnie - you should have sent some of that stuff to me!! I'm seriously lacking in the luxurious products area. I don't even have a perfume right now. I have to wait until the xmas sales at Perfumania (buy 1, get the 2nd for 9.99) :( that's sad

how's everyone else doing???

SwimGirl
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I wonder if its possible to die from being SO tired? When I wake up in the morning I am actually more tired than when I went to bed... it's not a good thing. My muscles are just aching, and I haven't worked out since the last time I posted on here! I get to sleep in tomorrow morning... but I also have to pick Josh up from work late tonight.. thats all my complaining... and now I have to go back to work :( Have a good day girls!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Aimee - People give bath products cuz it is easy, I told my mom this year to not buy me anything of the sort. I am guilty of giving the stuff to though. Hope you are feeling better. My back has been really sore too.

Ro - what about ordering from bath and body works? I have always wanted to order from there, and it seems cheap! But they don't ship to Canada :( I get most of my perfume at xmas, or I buy it when its 9.99.

This weekend Karden bought us a duvet cover to match our new sheets! I love it, its just a chocolate brown (like the sheets) but checked with a shinier brown. Very nice, and I feel rich sleeping in chocolate brown bedding, lol.

I also went and did my makeup shopping - got lots of stuff! Two new lip glosses, two eye shadows an eye base and a cover up! So nice! LOVE the eyeshadow! Karden bought me some of it, hehe.

I also cooked my first turkey! with stuffing, and mashed potatoes! mmmm it turned out really good! My eating wasn't that great, but not that bad either. I did drink a whole bottle of wine though, haha.

AND I did LOTS of crocheting on my blanket I am making - could be why I am so sore. Overall it was a pretty productive weekend.

JasonsLea
10-14-2008, 04:38 PM
:wave: gals!

I'm BACK! Seriously, got the computer and have developed one of my short spans of insomia making it mine the last couple of days. I'm going to try to break the cycle tonight cause I'm tired. Tonight is also my last night at Valero. I decided I won't start working the WAH job until I get back from my trip to Alabama. What has happened since I left?

*I got a puppy, still unnamed.
*I refound my love of reading and read a extensive list when I was without internet.
*I haven't lost any weight but it's getting cooler, fall is here and exercise is SO much easier and enjoyable for me in cold weather.
*I have a temporary roommate, my friend Rayn. She's helping me more than she knows, I'm not as worrisome about my stuff being destroyed or people invading my space. I'm still about my privacy and space, just not as...ridgid I guess.

I still hate my job at the VA. Last night, my supervisors ganged up on me and I bit off all my nails that I was trying to grow. It was either that or kill someone, destroy something, or binge like ****. Besides that, my life is getting better, I think. I've missed yall! :hug:

Rosario
10-14-2008, 06:04 PM
shari - please post pics of your new puppy! what hav eyou been reading? glad having a roomate eased things up for you. Supervisors suck!! Just count to 10!

courtnie - I'll have to stock up around xmas. Bath and body works is very good. there's an outlet store near where I live, so I'll definitely be stopping by for xmas. congrats on the turkey!! I don't know if ill ever be brave enough to try cooking one of those. I think Im going to order a turkey breast from boston market this year. :blush:

aimee - uh oh!! are you preggers?!?! I know being overly tired is one of the symptoms!!!

i ate like a huge pig today. but Im really fed up with it all. I don't want to be fat anymore. It's toomuch. Physically and emotionally. Im feeling pretty down right now.

I'm going to work out tonite if it kills me!!

SwimGirl
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Rosario - lol, I am totally not preggo! I just haven't been sleeping well, and have been going to bed late, and getting up at 6am. I am totally NOT a morning person.. and just toooo much working! I am feeling you on the fat thing - as I tried on clothes on for my trip? My jeans are tight! They are alright to wear, but I wish they were looser. Stupid clothes! Also you should be talking to ME about perfume - I have like 12 bottles! I don't always have to pay for them, or I get them at 50% off.

Shari - WB! Glad to hear things are getting better! I look forward to having you around some more :)

Well ladies, today is my last day of work and then I am OFF TO CALIFORNIA!! Yay! I am excited to sleep in.. and to see something new!! I think I'll be excited tonight when I'm off work, except I still have to come home and pack.. I better go shower.. talk to you ladies later!!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Aimee - HAVE FUN IN CALIFORNIA!!!

SwimGirl
10-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Well I didn't make it thru my shift at work, I was totally not feeling good. These migraines are seriously not good, ugh! I will have to deal with that when I get back as well. I seriously just didn't want to be one of those people who have to take pills for the rest of their life, yah know? Maybe the doctor will have better news for me.

So, I am off to California!!! I am not too sure how the posting thing will go while I am away, I may not get a chance.... OR I might get a chance every single second. lol.. Be good!!

-Aimee

Rosario
10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
aimee - how long are you going to be there?? stay there until the 31st and we'll meet up!! :P hopefully you feel better. nobody likes to feel sick on vacation. and the next free bottle you get, send it my way ;). have fun on your vacay!

yesterday was a bad day. but only 2 more weeks and then I leave for LA so I'm really going to get to it. I want to drop a couple of pounds or some bloat just to feel a teensy bit better about myself. have been good so far today but the real test is when I get home.

on a good note. I scored some tanks from target for only 2 bucks! and a white tee for 2 bucks. they were on clearance. hahaha!! I love good deals!!

JasonsLea
10-17-2008, 01:48 AM
INTRODUCING......

LEONIDAS

(formerly Unnamed Baby :p)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/JasonsLea/Leonidas/100_0382.jpg

*Sorry for the oversized pic.*

Rosario
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
shari - TAN LINDO!!! He's so cute!! And I love that name!!

well Ive been soooo bad. Haven't even weighed myself lately. but it's monday and ya'll know the drill. It's a fresh start, I will do this, yadda yadda yadda.
Only 10 more days til I leave for LA. I better get crackin. Like seriously.

Hope ya'll are doing good!!

SwimGirl
10-22-2008, 03:28 AM
I am HOME from California!!!! It was AMAZING, and I am so exhausted, but in a better way than I was from work! lol. We were pulling long long days, yesterday we left the house at 10am (but was up at 8:30am), and got home a 12am!! OMG! It was crazy, we did the Alcatraz tour, did a city tour, shopping, dinner, and rode the cable cars until nearly 12. It was a well rounded day! Tina Turner was AMAZING, it was a really good concert! Hard to believe she's 69 years old, wowsers! I lost 1.5 pounds according to my brother's scale, I checked my weight the first day, and then this morning, just to see the difference.. we'll see what my own scale says though. We ate at this diner on the second day, and I was sick for TWO days from it! So I barely ate out, and we walked a ton.

I am totally a california girl - now I just gotta find a way to get there! I think I'd enjoy SoCal a bit more, Northern Cali isn't quite me. San Francisco though, wow, you could spend many weeks there exploring new things.

So thats my trip in a nutshell! I will be back to the diet/exercise thing VERY good, gotta get skinny to live in Cali ;) I am off to bed, mmmm... my own bed. Other than Josh? It might be the thing I missed the most! Also - I really need to exfoliate! lol.

Rosario - get on the band wagon!!

Shari - very cute!! how did you come up with the name?

-Aimee

Rosario
10-23-2008, 06:29 PM
dammit!! I had a post and i lost it. I'll be back.

SwimGirl
10-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Rosario - I hate that!

Where is everyone these days?? Update on me? I'm still feeling sick from whatever happened on my trip, ugh. I hate being sick, and these days I feel like thats all I ever am!! And to top THAT?? Yesterday my throat started to hurt, like seriously, nooooo thank you!! I am loading up on vitamin c, and hope to be all rested and feeling better on Monday to start exercising and hit my end of November goal! Oh - also, I didn't gain weight when I was gone!! Woohoo!!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
10-25-2008, 05:02 PM
:wave: everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around, the new computer had a nasty virus and I just managed to kill it or at least subdue it enough so I can get online. TOM was last week and it was horrid so I'm taking a freebie this weigh in.

Halloween is SO close! 1 more week! What are you guys going to do?

SwimGirl
10-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Shari - I am working Halloween, and then since I work early the next day, I will be going to bed early! heh. I'm such an old lady at times!

Today is monday, I had hoped to be 100% feeling better to start exercising today, I'm still not there... but I might do it anyways. My only symptom for this cold are really runny nose, so it shouldn't be too bad. We did a big grocery shop yesterday and can finally stop eating out! While I didn't gain weight when I was away on vacation, I have a feeling I have since I got home. Not good. But at least I'm able to eat without getting sick. I think thats it from me... now I get to go to work. I miss the days when I had Monday's OFF!!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
10-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Just stopping in for a quick minute. I've not been able to get on here until now. Our cable and internet got disconnected so it's been hard. Dh still hasn't been able to get a job. No body is hiring in his field and to top it off dh said it's 2nd in the most lay offs for this year. I just didn't want ya'll gals to think I've forgotten about y'all.

sotypical
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Sorry I have been MIA.

How is everyone?

SwimGirl
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
hsmom - sorry to hear about your husband's work stuff - hopefully things look up soon! We haven't forgotten about you either!!

Courtnie - I am good! How are you doing?

I couldn't force myself to get up to exercise this morning! So I slept in, but I enjoyed every single second of it. lol. My scale was down a pound this morning, but I don't weigh in until Thursday, but it's nice to see the preview! I am off to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
10-30-2008, 02:21 AM
:wave: ladies!

Same ol, same ol around my way. I sent in my application for school today. Missed the deadline for the fall semester so I will have to go in the spring which is actually better, gives me more time to prepare and get some stuff together and done. I'm EXCITED! Several on my close friends are going to the same school, including my roommate. :grouphug:

I played my first game of pool last weekend. It was awesome, I played like 5 games and laughed my *** off at my weak shots. :lol:

I work both Thanksgiving and Christmas so I'm happy (time and a half, ya baby!). I've decided that I will buy myself the Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. So psyched! :spin:

Amany is sending me a belly dance dvd and I'm so hyped about it! My next door neighbors want us to take an actual class so once we find one and I get the money, I'm going! I also decided to try rock climbing. Seriously. I looked it up online and a college close to my apartment has a rock climbing wall so I'm calling them tomorrow! :cool:

I'm trying to push myself outside my box, ya know? Try new things. Cat, my soon to be new neighbor, is teaching me how to meditate. Her and her sister Susie are so awesome (they are the ones that want to do the belly dance class).

I've also started taking pictures of what I eat with my digital camera. Sounds kinda crazy, I know, but it seems to be helping. I hate keeping a food journal so this way, I can keep track without writing anything and worrying about losing the paper/notebook. No way will I lose my camera! Plus, it's helping me to stop eating at work. I mean, I can't just whip out a camera in the middle of the hallway and take pictures of food! People will think I'm a loon (more than they already do)! :dizzy:

Oh and I decided to change my WI days to Thursdays, at least till the end of the year. Both Thanksgiving and Christmas are on Thursday. :)

SwimGirl
10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Shari - wow! Sounds like things are going very well for you! I am so happy for you!! What are you going to go to school for? The picture thing seems to be working for yah, and yes, you can't really take a picture in the middle of the hallway! Do you save your pictures on your computer?

Well I had started exercising again, and this morning I woke up with a completely swollen throat.. I can't talk, or swallow! Well I probably could, but the pain is a little too much to handle. Not very good. Not too sure what I can do about this.. drink my calories I guess for today. I was so excited to be back on track with exercise and eating well.. grr! Alright, thats all I've got!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I decided a trip to the doctor was in store after I started to cough up blood. He says I have tonsillitis!! And also I am apparently highly contagious. So I am off work for today and tomorrow. I will go in on Saturday - mostly because I can't not go to work.. makes me feel guilty. I hear Josh coughing, not good.. he called into his work and said he'd be late.. I am making him nap so hopefully he doesn't get this. And thats the end of my crappy update :(

-Aimee

JasonsLea
10-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh Aimee! :hug: Do you have to have surgery for that?

SwimGirl
10-31-2008, 03:15 AM
Shari - unfortunately no! It might make the pain go away faster, but alas I'm just taking antibiotics and pretending to sleep. I have been laying down and having tiny cat naps here and there.. soon I'll take something to make me sleep, gotta love advil pm's!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Happy Hallowe'en everyone!!!!

http://mydogkeiko.com/photos/halloween08/snow-white2.jpg

JasonsLea
11-01-2008, 01:12 AM
:haphal: everyone!

How goes the trick or treating? :)

None of that jazz for me, I prefer watching movies in bed tonight. Tired. :yawn:

Aimee ~ I hope you get better soon, babe!

Courtnie ~ Keiko looks SO cute!

back at it
11-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Popping in!! Hi guys!! How's trix?

I haven't lost a pound since I was on here last....almost a year.
Hope you are all well!

SwimGirl
11-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Courtnie - Keiko is SO cute! Did you only get one halloween outfit though? ;)

Shari - no trick or treating for me either, I was laying on the couch all night, except for a brief trip to the pharmacy for some stuff to help me sleep (didn't work).

back at it - I can give you my tonsillitis.. I've lost 7 pounds in 3 days from it. Not the most pleasant way though..

I am still not feeling better, infact, I could say I'm feeling worse! The first day it was all fever and a little sore throat.. now it's all sore throat, but like blindingly painful. I haven't slept for more than an hour since Wednesday night... and although I tried to sleep last night? Every time I'd fall asleep I'd wake up 2-3 minutes later choking. This was after taking a whole bunch of drugs to make me less phlegmy and very sleepy... won't be buying those products again! Anyways.. thats all thats going on over here.. little pity party for one! What I wouldn't do to be able to have a drink of water!!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
sleeping makes me feel good!! yay... night night

SwimGirl
11-03-2008, 09:50 PM
What a difference a nights sleep makes!! I went back to the doctor, he gave me some steroids to help flush the infection out, and he gave me some sleeping pills.. which would explain the last post (which I do not recall doing). Josh was the hero and bought a cough syrup that worked, and I slept for 15 hours. It was amazing, and today my voice is back, and more importantly.. *I* am back. I felt so, odd, since Thursday, hard to explain. Anyways! Now I just heal and hope to maintain a little of this weight loss !

-Aimee

back at it
11-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Aimee, thanks for the offer but I've been sick since August and even that hasn't worked! LOL! Glad to hear you are feeling better though!! :)

I joined a gym today!! First time EVER!! Wish me luck!

SwimGirl
11-04-2008, 03:47 AM
back at it - sick since August? OMG - how are you not going crazy? I really sick from Thursday until today, and I thought I'd go crazy! Have you been to the doctors? Are they okay with you joining the gym while you are sick? Good luck with the gym! I do miss the elliptical from the gym, best cardio!

I am feeling better and better and the day goes along! Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well :)

-Aimee

JasonsLea
11-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Aimee ~ I'm so happy you are feeling better!

Good to see you Back at It!

I tried tracking my meals on My Fitness Pal cause it's where I have my ticker but no, I'm going back to Sparkpeople!

Rosario
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey guys!!

Sorry I've been away for so long. It was such a hassle to log in, but I changed my password to an easy one and now I'll be back full force. Besides, I haven't been doing much in the weight loss department. it's been forever since I've weighed myself.

I just got back from LA last nite. I'm exhausted. But I had lots of fun hanging out with my family. I ate like I have never eaten before. But now that I'm back in Ga, that's all over with.

My plan is to get back on track tomorrow. My bf's parents are leaving for colombia for 2 months. So I'll be doing the cooking from now on. And I'll have more privacy for exercise. And wouldn't it be cool, if I was smaller when they came back?? Plus, I vowed to return to California in a much, much smaller size!

aimee - what is going on with your immune system, girl?!?! You've been sick like crazy!! Hope you start feeling better soon. It sucks being sick. So my guess is you haven't been doing the 30 day shred? Im going to pick it up from the Library today and was planning on starting it tomorrow too. Get better so we can be workout buddies!! lol

Wendy!!! - haven't seen your name in forever!!! How've you been???

shari - wow, looks like you've got so much going on. I bet that will help you in the long run. I find when I'm super busy, I don't think about food so much and don't let it run my life, you know? Hopefully that helps you out. what do you plan on going to school for?/ I can't wait til I get started with school!

courtnie - Keiko is so effin cute!! You have to put up more pics of him!

hsmomx2 - I'm sorry about you and your hubby's situation. Hopefully he can find something soon. My bf is still jobless and he'll probably have to wait until next year to get his residency card. By then I'm hoping there are more available jobs out there.

Tomorrow morning is the moment of truth! I have to step on the scale and see where I'm at. I'm scared!

It's good to be back!! take care! :wave:

back at it
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Ro~ I came back here because I missed you guys!! Remind me to add you all to Facebook!
I'm doing great, I'm in school taking education assistant, LOVE it!! My son is 5 now, ya I know crazy how time flies! I have maintained this weight give or take a pound or two here and there but now I want to get just a little smaller, like 10ish pounds.

Aimee~ The Dr. said it was ok, thinks it may actually help if I were more active that sedentary life now.I've has the flu. or flu like symptoms since Aug, it won't go away so some blood tests are in my future,ACK!:(

The good news is that I lost 4 lbs in one week(probably water weight) the bad news is that my mom made cabbage rolls that I've been eating for lunch the past 2 days(today and tomorrow). The white rice and hamburger is going to KILL ME! AHHH!Oh well.
Start the gym on Friday!:)

SwimGirl
11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Shari - I have to admit I don't know what either of those are! Maybe Spark people, but I haven't used it.

Rosario - I know :( My immune system sucks right now, I hate it. Someone at work said to me, oh, you are always sick! I seriously almost cried. I don't want to be that person who is always sick, I want to be normal and healthy! Its hard when I'm run down and dealing with sick people alllllll day long. Glad you had fun on your trip!! Did you vote?

back at it - flu symptoms suck! I sure hope the working helps it go away :) Congrats on the 4 pounds!! Amazing! Especially if you only want to lose 10 pounds! I hear you about cabbage rolls, worse for me is perogies! I'm head home to Manitoba for Easter and they are planning to do it all since I haven't been back in a while.. its going to be scary!

I made it thru work yesterday, barely.. but I made it! Today is a longer day, and I'm sure when it's over I'll come home and sleep for a looong time! I guess the one kind of fun thing about this sickness is seeing my weight down 10 pounds - I'm trying to be more positive, lol.. I am off to shower! Have a good day!

-Aimee

Rosario
11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
aimee - maybe that person made that comment out of concern? I'd be worried if someone I knew was constantly sick. I'm sure you've been to the doctor. They haven't told you anything about maybe having vitamin deficiencies? That's weird if your body is constantly getting sick. Or it could be that maybe your body is rundown and you never let it FULLY recuperate. There's got to be something going on there. But hey your down 10 pounds. I guess thats one good thing about your whole ordeal. Keep it up??? Lol

back it at - well it seems that you've been doing great at maintaining. That's great!! I wish I could say that I've lost some weight, but I'm actually higher on the scale than I was when you were around. :( But I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things and really start losing weight. Aren't cabbage rolls good for you?? I mean, they have cabbage!

I finally stepped on the scale. And I was not pleased. 254.8. That's pretty high for me. I really got to get back into the game. I picked up a copy of the 30 day shred, so hopefully it's something i can stick to and keep up with. The eating should be a bit better since I'll be cooking my own food and well, we don't have money for eating out so much. I swear, I'll be smaller when my Bf's parents return from their vacation. That's 70 days away. I'm sure I could do lots of damage in 70 days!!

SwimGirl
11-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Rosario - I don't know that I am constantly sick, I definitely have issues with migraines... once a month or so these days... some people think of that as being constantly sick. I definitely get really run down at work, we are all really over worked these days. And then because I work in a store with a pharmacy? We get all the sickest people. I've always known my immune system isn't the strongest, I was sick as a child.. but I try to be good with food and diet for that reason. Doctor's just say I have a weaker immune system and to take vitamin c. It's a sore spot for me because I do have to work harder than every other person, and thats hard. :( It feels like I have to work harder than everyone at everything, which also makes me stressed and run down... and so the cycle continues!

Yesterday was alright with work! I was tired at the end of the day, and I slept pretty good last night :) I might even jump back into bed for a couple more hours.. lol.. so bad! I am done with my antibiotics so I should be getting back to normal soon. Does anyone else find when they are on antibiotics they seem to almost suck the life out of you? Anyways, I think I will jump back into bed for a bit!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
:wave: everyone!

Back At It ~ WTG on those 4 lbs, water weight or not. :p

Aimee ~ Maybe you need to see another doctor. It never hurts to get a second or third opinion.

Ro ~ 70 days? You can SO do some damage! I put 30DS on hold at the library so I can try it before I buy it. I've heard alot of good things about it.

SwimGirl
11-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Shari - 30 Day shred is amazing! I only got thru 12 days before I went to San Francisco, but I lost 4 inches from my waist! Its a HARD workout, but since its only 27 minutes, its doable. I'm going to restart it when I'm getting better! I hate doctor's, but I have seen toooo many doctors. They tested everything on me when I had mysterious illness. I've had 6 doctors do every test they can think up on me, except cut me open and explore inside me.

Anyways, I don't want to dwell on being sick. My mysterious sickness kept me away from life for nearly a year, so with that in mind? Tonsillitis once every 3 years and a cold every couple of months is doable. I have to focus on being positive, and go forward. I won't see any more doctors, just take vitamin C and continue getting healthy and fit.

-Aimee

sotypical
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, you girls have been busy! I guess it has also been a week since I last posted...

back at it - welcome back!

ro - nice to see you posting again!

Aimee - I do noticed that you seem to feel under the weather a lot... not sick necessarily, but head ache, stomach ache or whatever. I think it is because your stressed and people treat you like crap sometimes... just my two cents tho.

SO BIG NEWS.

I joined weight watchers today. I have been doing online for a while, but I actually joined meetings... and paid up front for... 6 MONTHS! So i have to go! I almost cried during the weight in. I am so close to 200 pounds again, I can't believe I let that happen... seriously, omg.

But anyway, I hope this does the trick for me! I feel good, like this will help. But this is just day 1 of week 1, lol.

I found this site yesterday http://www.bookcloseouts.com/ they ship from both canada and us, so no customs, prices are AWESOME! I got 12 books for $54 US shipped! I got myself that set by Emily Griffin - something borrowed, something blue and baby proof... thought I would give them a read. I also got sister 9 books for xmas! haha I am excited!

Any plans for the weekend?

JasonsLea
11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
:wave: girls.

I'm doing double overtime tomorrow. This is supposed to be my weekend off but I really need the money and it's the 11am - 7:30pm shift which is the one I would probably have to work if I ever go fulltime. So I might as well see how it is. If you hear about some worker going ballistic at the San Antonio VA.....you know who it is. :p :lol:

SwimGirl
11-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Hey Gals!

Courtnie - GL with WW! 181 isn't that close to 200 pounds, and you'll lose all of that with WW, it is supposed to be one of the better diets out there.

Shari - so did you freak out? ;)

I am down 3 pounds officially! I knew I'd gain some of that weight back, I'm just thrilled it wasn't all of it. I'm solidly into the 250's again, phew! Just 3 more pounds to hit my November goal, and 3 weeks to do it in. Well I am off to work!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Aimee ~ WOOOOT! :carrot: WTG girlie!

The overtime was actually alright. The only prob I had was that THREE supervisors were there, I can barely stand having just one!

Rosario
11-10-2008, 04:43 PM
yikes!! I've been gone for a minute. I've been so bad (that's why I haven't been on!). Today has been ok except for a mini chocolate kiss binge. But I'm over it and still plan to move on. Hopefully, I get to start 30 day shred tonight :crossed:. It getting dark early is really messing with me. I have to just fight through it. Grrr!!

shari - yay for OT!! extra cash is always a bonus!

aimee - :congrats: that's an awesome loss!!! you're so close to your goal too. Way to go!! (I have yet to ever hit a goal :(, so I'm very envious right now!! lol)

courtnie - that sounds like an awesome website. If I had $$ i'd be ordering books like crazy. But since money is short, I have to make do with the library. How's it going with weight watchers? They say you're supposed to be more successful with going to the meetings.

sotypical
11-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Aimee - my ticker isn't right! LOL
yay on not gaining all of it back!

Ro - I dunno, second meeting is not until Friday. And i still don't have a scale at home. I can go get mine fixed for free... I think I can anyway, but I kinda like not having a scale if that makes any sense?

My eat has been good, so far I have used 4 extra points, and it is day 5! I did good during the weekend... I would like to see myself eating more veggies and fruit though.

As for the books, I ordered for xmas presents! haha

And... today.... I GOT A SPEEDING TICKET! argh, I mean I was speeding my own fault, but ggeeez what a start to a day. lol all well... least the nice cop gave me a cheaper ticket then it should of been. Oh, and he was cute. BUT to top it off I was on my way to work... to make up time cuz my flat tire... so its like, if I hadnt of been coming to work today... like I normally wouldnt... all well, thats life.

JasonsLea
11-12-2008, 04:11 AM
:wave: all!

I'm going back to Bama for a visit on Friday and will be gone for about a week so don't think I just disappeared on you! I'm up late figuring out how I'm going to get there and back, I'm dead broke. At this time, it's a train ride there and a plane ride back. That is unless the fares change on me at the last minute. :no:

I wonder what is wrong with me. Lately, I've just been wanting to quit the WL mindset. I'm not making any progress and it's all my fault. But I know there is no other route for me. My workshirts are a 4X and they are starting to feel tight on me. 4X! But even as I try to suck in my stomach, I'm shoveling crap down my throat. :?:

Rosario
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
shari - weightloss is a drag. Unless you're in the right mindset, there really isn't anything you can do about losing weight. You have to really want it. But the key thing is to NEVER GIVE UP. Regardless of how slow your weight loss is moving or how hard it is. You have to keep on going and sure enough, you'll get to where you want to be. That's what keeps me going. I've been trying to lose weight FOREVER. And I haven't been into it like I should be but knowing that one day I'll do what I have to do, keeps me going. So hang in there. You'll get there!

courtnie - of course it's good to not have a scale. that way you don't worry about fluctuations. Any traffic tickets suck!!! Me and the bf have absolutely no money right now, but he has tickets to pay off still. It's aggravating. I wish I didn't have to drive to not run the risk of getting pulled over.

So I finally started the 30 day shred. And I have to say, this is something I can stick to. I really liked the workout. I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be, just really feeling it in my legs. But I need to work on the cardio part. that was killer for me. But I'm very optimistic about this workout!!

Eating has been a bit better. Monday was baad. yesterday was better. And I'm continuing on to today. I guess there is a plus side to not having any money...you can't go out to eat at all!!

:wave: have a good one!

back at it
11-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey there ladies!!
I went for my "consultaion" at the gym today, couldn't actually go do a workout till I did that. I got some solid ideas and I'm excited to begin...tomorrow I hope! I was guarenteed a 10 lbs weight loss by Feb 23rd if I keep my end of the bargin, I so want this!!
Just have to find the time....
Anyone ever hear from "Artsygirl"?
Catch ya all later!!

Wendy

Rosario
11-13-2008, 10:10 AM
wendy - I never saw Brandy posting again. Don't you sometimes wonder what happens to people when they stop posting?? You can so lose 10 lbs by Feb. But of course you're going to have to work! I know you can do it!!

Finshed Day 2 of the Shred. I was thisclose to not working out. But then I start browsing my Alloy and Delia's catalog and got motivated because I really want to fit into their clothes some day. So glad I stuck to it. It was a little easier. cardio is still killing me. My boobs bouce around waaay too much and it's kind of painful. I'll have to strap them down real good tonite.

Eating is still out of whack. But I'm really trying to do better. I've been craving coke like crazy!! And yesterday and this morning, I gave into those cravings. But I know if I keep workign out, my eating will definitely get better.

have a good day ladies!! :wave:

JasonsLea
11-13-2008, 02:11 PM
:wave: girls.

Ro ~ Thanks for the words of encouragement. You are so right. I'm not giving up, something has to give eventually. WTG on two days of the Shred! Hopefully, when I come back, the library will have my copy ready.

Wendy ~ You're going to surpass those 10lbs by Feb!

back at it
11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi gals! Went to the gym yesterday and just learnt how to use some machines and I'm already sore! LOL! I'm starting full throttle on Monday, this weekend I drink! Wahaha!! Last night out till sometime in 2009 so better make the best of it i say! :)

Ro_ I always wonder about lost friends... I miss them.
Anyone have facebook?PM me and I'll add you if you like!

Sheri- I hope to lose more than 10 but so hard to get motivated hey?

Catch ya all later!

JasonsLea
11-14-2008, 12:24 AM
WTG Wendy!

Okay, so I'm off to Alabama. See yall later!

SwimGirl
11-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Courtnie - That sucks about your speeding ticket! I would be a nervous wreck, I've never been pulled over by the cops before.. but I've been with my brother and I nearly fainted I was so nervous and freaked out.. lol. I'm a geek! How's WW? When is your next WI?

Shari - I think weight loss is one of the hardest things we might ever have to do, but I think once we accomplish it.. it'll just change our lives. So stick with it, you are worth it!! Have fun in Alabama!! Be good!

Rosario - thanks! I am happy to be so near goal, I am hopeful that I can hit my goal by the end of the month! Glad you are enjoying the 30 day shred! I really do like it! Good investment!

back at it - I'm excited for you and the gym! You can totally do 10 pounds by Feb. I have a goal to hit 230's by April for my trip to see my grandma. I'm also going to hook up with some people from the 2 high schools I went to. It'll be exciting!

I finally exercised today! Phew! It was good though! I really need to grocery shop though, my good is pretty darn bad! I am still maintaining my weight, so thats my good news :) Alright I am off to bed! Goodnight!

-Aimee

back at it
11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Hello! :)

SwimGirl
11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Wendy - so what part of Winnipeg do you live in? My grandma and aunt are in osbourne village, which is where I used to live too. This will be my first trip back to Winnipeg in like 3 years!

Got on the scale this morning, still holding steady at 258 - phew! Today I am cleaning the kitchen, and tomorrow I am gonna start cooking in there again!

-Aimee

Rosario
11-15-2008, 08:29 PM
aimee - I'm glad your still holding the scale down! WTG! So are you doing 30DS again? If you are good!! We can motivate each other! And I haven't bought it yet. I borrowed it from the library. There's no budget for exercise ids, but the library is a great resource, unless I have to wait long.

wendy - hey girlie!! how's the gym going. I'm not much of a facebooker. I'm more on myspace. It's way easier to use.

shari - have a fun and safe trip!!

Well, I finished day 5. I feel good! The scale is up but its TOM and I think that's why. Plus, I still haven't been watching my eating. But one thing at a time.

Not up to much this weekend. Baked some cheesecake chocolate muffins. So good and so bad. Don't worry, I won't eat 'em all!

Have a good one gals! :wave:

SwimGirl
11-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Rosario - I am on day 2 of the shred! Just finished it! Sometimes I think Jillian is psycho! The last ab workout always kills me, darn you bicycle crunch!! What kind of weights are you using? I alternate between 3 pound and 5 pound depending on the movement. All the matters is that you found a way to get it! I am lucky to be able to afford those things right now, hasn't always been that way though! I am currently saving 45 dollars every 2 weeks - gas dropped 62 cents a litre. Its amazing! To compare? 1.51 = approx 6 dollars a gallon, and now we are at approx 3 dollars a gallon. It's amazing :)

My kitchen is CLEAN!! And the fridge is actually clean too! I was very productive... I also made jello shooters, lol, not too sure what I was thinking! Josh invited a friend over, so hopefully this will just be the start of the night! We'll see though! If not, I asked Josh to pick me up a magazine, and I'll just hang out at home reading that, and possibly this book I got.. its supposed to help me get rich. Its called Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It's supposed to be really good - and it was only 16 bucks!

For all you American's, I am thinking of heading down to Seattle for Black Friday - are the deals really worth it?? Not entirely sure what I'd buy.. but I've been invited by a group of girls I'm trying to become better friends with, so it'd be a bonding thing! Lemme know!

-Aimee

back at it
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Aimee~Osbourne is about 10 minutes away from me! We ought to get together for a cheat lunch! LOL! Just kidding, I'm sure theres at least one decent restaurant in Winterpeg!
Ro~ I start tomorrow, my bag is already in the car so I can't use that excuse that I forgot it at home! LOL! Wish me luck, I'm going to be very,very sore for the next couple weeks!

SwimGirl
11-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Day 3 of the shred complete! I really didn't want to do it, and its a little late in the day to exercise (started at 7pm!).. I'm really sore today. Not too sure what thats about. Josh and I went Christmas shopping today, seems a little soon.. BUT! Only 3 paychecks until christmas and we have FAR too many people to shop for. Today we finished shopping for the 4 kids! Just the 8 adults to go! Er, wait, 16 adults.. dunno how I forgot half of them.. lol. It's a good xmas though, not as many people to shop for as normal :)

Wendy - We'll definitely try for a lunch! :) Or maybe a walk ? ;) Good luck with the gym tomorrow!! I am considering getting a trainer after christmas, I gotta get effective with my workouts so I lose the maximum amount of inches!

-Aimee

Rosario
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
aimee - black friday shopping might be a good idea. With the way sales are down and people not wanting to spend money and everything, there might be some really good deals to get people into the stores. I haven't really seen anything salewise, though. those ads don't usually come out til' the day before Thanksgviing. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not using conventinal weights right now. I'm using our Wii Mario Kart steering wheels. LOL. I only had one 5 pound weight and started using it, just trading off, but it feels too weird. So I just used those. I need to upgrade to something heavier, though, because it has gotten too easy.

Wendy - good luck at the gym. Remember the hardest part is getting yourself there. Once you're there you'll get into it!! Have fun too !

I gave myself a break last night. But I will continue onto Day 6 of the Shred tonight. Eating has been okay today. It could be better, but it could've been a lot worse.

I can't wait for this week to be over. After this week, it's a short work week next week and then the 4 day weekend I've been so looking forward to. No black Friday for me. I hate crowds. I'm even going to bypass going to see Twilight this weekend. I'll wait til the hysteria dies down and probably see it next weekend.

I guess I'm an anti-social butterfly :(

TTYL :wave:

sotypical
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
WOW! I am sure bad at posting.

Aimee - WTG on exercising again!

So I went to my WW meeting on Friday, week two weigh in down 4.8! Alot is water but I will take it. Hope I can keep it up for this Friday. We went to a hockey game on the weekend, it was better then normal eating wise though.

And a VERY VERY crazy game and night. Long story short we ended up in the back of a 10 person limo, filled with free booze and a free ride... that was after free drinks and eats at a bar.... I did pretty good, only 3 drinks!

JasonsLea
11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
:wave: girls!

I'll be home Saturday. I feel oddly focused now.

back at it
11-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey Courtnie, good for you!
Shari, welcome back!
Hi Ro
Hi Aimee

Went to the gym today and I feel like a bowl of jello, hope I'm not to sore tomorrow! ACK!
Catch ya's later!

SwimGirl
11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
So I had a little moment today - my thought was this... this is my only life, and being too lazy to cook my own healthy meals, making myself fat by eating all those bad things for me.. and waiting to basically LIVE until I am skinny is just a WASTE OF TIME!! I need to get myself together, this is just unacceptable.

And with that said - I exercised today, and I ate dinner at home! That was day 4 of the shred!

Rosario - I don't think I will be going go Black Friday, mostly because I can't get the time off work. We are fully into christmas, so yah, no time off! Weights a pretty darn expensive! I couldn't believe it, kinda insane, it was like 10 bucks for each 5 pound weight, how does that even make sense?? How are you doing with the pushups? I am still on the girl ones, I don't know if I'll ever graduate to the other ones! But I am making it thru them all :)

Courtnie - Congrats on the WI!

Shari - Glad to hear the motivation you've got, don't you wish we could bottle it for times in need?

Wendy - hi! I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow either!

-Aimee

Rosario
11-18-2008, 03:49 PM
eek! I haven't worked out in 2 days. It's just yesterday I got home later than usual and I was draggin! But tonight I have to cook so I will be definitely be getting in a workout. Besides, my boobs are sticking out more than my tummy and I want it to stay that way!!!

aimee -:hug: I know how you feel. I've come to that realization already yet I still don't change my bad ways. I'm one of those stubborn people though. And it'll probably take something major to make me come to my senses. And I don't want it to come to that. That's why Im trying to change NOW! I hate push-ups!! I do the girl ones to...before I was doing the really girly ones by juts lifting my weight up and down. ANd I rarely get through them all. I just have no arm strength at all! All my strength is in my legs (well, no wonder...they've been carrying my bug butt around all these years!! lol)

wendy - great job on going to the gym! you'll feel much better as you go more and more. Besides feeling like jello, I bet your pretty proud of yourself. Keep it up!

shari - you better STAY focused chica!!

courtnie - some girls have all the luck!! I'd kill for a limo ride and free drinks!! lol great job on your loss!!

SwimGirl
11-19-2008, 03:35 AM
Day 5 of the shred is complete!! It was a late workout, I started it at like 9pm.. but since I stayed up later than normal, it turned out okay! Plus I got the workout in! Phew! I have noticed that since I started working out - I am gaining weight, hopefully all water weight. Talk about frustrating though since I am starting to get some control on my eating.

Rosario - what do you mean by really girly ones? Is there a way to make it easier? I could go for that! I hate the lunges, only because they hurt my feet.. which I think is due to standing and walking 8.5 hours a day. I am halfway there! I am excited to see my measurements at the end of the 10 days, hopefully they are where I ended the 10 days last time!

I am off to bed - Josh needs me to drive him to work in the morning, yuck, so I have to get up early-ish. Good night!

-Aimee

sotypical
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Aimee - yay on day 5! I havent exercised in forever!

Ro - luck? LOL, I didn't get into how creepy the people in the limo were hahaha

Rosario
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
aimee - the first week of the shred, I gained weight too. But after giving myself a break and starting again, the scale was down this morning. I'll wait to officially weigh in after the first 10 days are up. And I read about other people who did gain weight at first when starting the shred. I guess I wouldn't call them girly push-ups, more like super lazy push ups! They are just pushing up your upper body weight. Your hips are practivally glued to the floor and you're just lifting your torso up. I got them from the SI6 series. They're way lazy.

courtnie - ok, creepy people + back of a limo = can't be good. LOL what happened?

Finished Day 6 last night. I'm glad to say that I can get through way more cardio than I was when I first started. Yippee. I'm still working on gettting through a whole workout without stopping and doing every single rep. I do get in a 5 second break here and there. I need to step it up a bit more since I'll be starting Level 2 soon and I'm scared!! Cooked dinner last night too. Yummy chicken and mashed potatoes and salad. I'm feeling good. The scale was down this morning so I'm a very happy camper. THere's still a part of me that wishes this could happen a lot faster. But I know I got to be in it for the long haul. That makes me sad. But I know it'll be worth it in the end.

back at it
11-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey all! Thought I'd pop in and let you know that I am like jello again! :) Day 2 of the gym complete! I hope I can do the stairs in the school tomorrow chasing the kids around! And laughing may hurt as I really worked the abs today!All good!
Later! Time for sleep!

Rosario
11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
wendy - you'll start feeling better after your body gets used to it so hang in there. How's your little boy??

Day 7 of the shred done! yay for me! it really is getting easier and easier. esp the cardio. I'm still dreading level 2.

Eating could be better still. scale was down this morning. woo hoo! but it isn't official until I finish Day 10 of the shred. That'll be sunday morning. bad timing really because I never do well on the weekends. but we'll see how it goes.

trying to eat less to get ready for thanksgiving. I want that meal to be a real treat so I have to cut back on eating so much. we'll probably get together with my bf's sis and they'll make some colombian dishes and I'll make some traditional dishes. I love the holidays. so much family and so much eating!!

hope everyone is doing good! :wave:

Rosario
11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
hey guys!

finsihed day 8. yesterday's workout was less than stellar. I got it in really late, like 11pm. I finished it but I didn't have as much energy as I usually do. I will never work out that late again!!

How are you all doing??

SwimGirl
11-22-2008, 04:50 AM
OMG!! Best. Concert. Ever. It was so so good, and our seats were so so good!! Lady Gaga was really good, Natasha Beddingfield was SOOOO good!!! And NKOTB? Priceless, they were like... amazing. My ears are ringing, my legs are sore from dancing so much, and I am EXHAUSTED!! But it was SO worth it!

I will come tomorrow when I'm not so exhausted and post for real! Just wanted to update you all on my concert!!

-Aimee

Rosario
11-23-2008, 04:45 PM
aimee -aww your so lucky i would of loved to see NKOtB. and I'm really starting to like Natasha Beddingfield. Glad you had fun.

I finally finished day 10 level 1. The results are in. I lost 3.4 pounds and .5 inch of my bust, 2.5 off my waist, 1 inch off my hips, and .5 inch off my calves. I'll take that!! LOL

I'm about to start level 2 and im scerrrred. LOL

take care :wave:

JasonsLea
11-24-2008, 01:16 AM
:wave: everyone!

Okay so some sh!t went down and I'm not going to be home until tomorrow afternoon. :mad: I miss Leonidas and my computer SO much! TOM started last week and I hope he didn't screw me over too bad on WI this week.

Aimee ~ I'm so glad you had fun at the concert!

Wendy ~ WOOOT for gym!

Ro ~ :congrat: on finishing the first level and losing those 3 lbs and inches! :woohoo:

back at it
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey Kids!
Good job Ro!! That rocks hey??

Someone want to come over and take the bits and bites away please? man, the eating is just brutal these days, gotta be PMSing.
Anyhoo, checking in, making sure I don't go to far astray from you all!

back at it
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
BTW~ Where did you get your name avatar Shari? I ♥ it!!

sotypical
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Aimee - the concert sounds like a blast! I am glad you had so much fun!

JasonsLea
11-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Guys, I suck and need help.

Today I weighed in at my highest weight ever: 262.8

I look like a female Santa....at least tummy wise!

*sigh*

Though I am thoroughly pissed at myself, I can't stop eating......or this weightloss battle. Delusional as I am, I'm still truckin. Please baby Jesus, let something give.

I'm starting with no soda and JM 30 Day Shred.

:thanks1: girls!

back at it
11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
:broc: Hello!!
The gym is good but the eating is bad.

JasonsLea
11-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Wendy ~ I had my namesig made by a friend. I asked her for a holiday tag that wasn't all cutesy and she made this one. :)

JasonsLea
11-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Just dropping in to say hi!

I'm on my way to see Twilight! Hopefully. :)

JasonsLea
11-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Ro ~ Seriously sweetie, you HAVE GOT to go see Twilight!!! NOW! It's......just awesome!

back at it
12-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey all! I'm still around, been super busy though. I have exams coming up so i'm getting nervous which means the eating is not to good.
Been going to the gym on a regular basis and although I haven't lost any weight (because of the bad,bad food) I have managed to lose 4 inches so all is ok!
Catch ya all later!
Take care!

JasonsLea
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone! I hope the reason everyone is off is because of the holidays. I've been a bad 3FC poster but I'll be better, I swear. I have been catching up on my workouts and eating pretty good.

WI last Thursday: -2.6

Hope we all make it back! Let's start the new year off right....together! :grouphug:

back at it
12-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm in Shari!
I hurt my back so been off the gym for 2 weeks, sucks. I'm feeling somewhat better so I'm going to try the gym again in a couple days. Eating has been not to bad, but I'm not seeing any weight change at all so I'm getting depressed and thinking why do i bother even trying anymore...
Anyhoo, Happy Holidays everyone!!Catch ya in the New Year!!

sotypical
12-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Just dropping in to wish everyone a super Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

JasonsLea
12-25-2008, 02:21 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

back at it
12-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Happy Boxing Day!! LOL!
Looking forward to the New year!!

JasonsLea
12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Wendy ~ I'm ready for the new year too.

It's starting off on a kinda sour note with all my bills being WAY past due. Then today I found out that something is wrong with Leonidas' hips. :( My baby is in pain and my heart hurts so much! Surgery is expensive but the only other option is to put him down.....I can't do that! Leonidas is my baby and the only one I can shower my love on unchecked. I love him and if I have to work three jobs, I will to make him better!

My goals for 2009:

* Get all my bills up to date.
* Clear up at least 75% of my credit report.
* Save at least $1000.
* Get Leonidas whatever medicine/surgery he needs.
* Move into a little house with a yard.
* Get my truck.
* Hit ONEderland.
* Take better care of my hair.
* Clear up this rash on my legs and get my sexy gams back. :devil:

back at it
12-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd do whatever I had to do to save my pets also Shari, sure hope things work out so you get the $ fast and relief for Leonidas!
My goal...s are:
* to hit the gym at least 4 days a week and get to goal by May 18th(Long weekend)
* to Finish my course with flying colors
*get a job in the field I chose
* save $ for Mexico for next year
* meet a man..LOL! Not just any man but a keeper.
*more to come!

back at it
12-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Where are all my "Slim Down Sisters"???? COME BACK!!!!

So did you see that I didn't mention anything about "diet" in my last post???? Well, I'm off the diets and just trying to eat less and somewhat healthier,hope it works for me!
I'm back on the wagon as of today, gym tomorrow but will have to take it easy so as to not hurt my back again and have another 3 weeks off.
I'm at 145 LBS as of this morning, and I took pictures of myself in the bathing suits I'm taking to Mexico in...56 days, and also going to hang them around the house to keep me motivated! LOL! Yep, I'm a little wierd sometimes!
Looking forward to the new Thread for 2009, Ro, thats up to you to start and I'm counting on you being here Hun!!
This is our year ladies!! Whooop!!
Gone to update the ticker...NOW! Ha!

purplecrush
12-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey girlies!! Its almost January...and you know what that means...IM BACK!! Sorry ive been MIA...my life has been insane the last 6 months!!! I wont bore you with the details..but I have managed to lose weight..so thats good!! I should be ALOT less but im going to be happy with what I DID lose!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Have a safe New years!!

JasonsLea
12-30-2008, 07:45 PM
:wave: girls!

RANDEE! Good to see you sweetie!

I've been without a computer for the last couple of days but I should get it back sometimes this week.....shooting for tomorrow!

I've just been babying Leonidas. Poor sweetie, his hips hurt so much he doesn't even want to go outside! He loves the outdoors! :(

I think I will make us a new thread either today or tomorrow. It's a ghost town but if anyone wants to come back, they will know where to find us!

back at it
12-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Me Me!! I wanna find ya all!!

back at it
01-01-2009, 01:37 PM
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

Just waiting on the new thread.....

JasonsLea
01-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Here's our new thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2521106#post2521106