20-Somethings - Weekly Chat 22-28

View Full Version : Weekly Chat 22-28

Here we go again
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Morning Ladies!

I guess I will start the weekly chat.

This weekend went really good for me, but bad in the sense I didn't eat enough. That's a first. :) I'm at work and trying to get through the day.

My speaking went well this weekend. It got easier as I did it. A lot of people came up to me saying that my story helped them. It's so amazing to help others even when it's sharing your business. :)

Star2Be
09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello! Congrats on having a good weekend. I wish I could say the same for myself, LOL. But I am pleased to say that I have recovered from my terrible (mini?)binge on Friday, which led me to gain 1.2 lbs! After eating fairly well on Saturday and extremely well yesterday, I am finally down from my pre-weekend weight! Wahoo! I love changing my ticker, hehe. I usually try to change it in 2-lb increments only (because I don't want to get tripped up by little fluctuations) but I just couldn't wait this time! Heh. It feels so good to get back on track. :D

It's looking like this will be a difficult week because I have to finish (and, er, start) allll my packing for school. That includes having to try on all my clothes and trying frantically to take in everything that doesn't fit before I leave! Hehe. Wish me luck! ;)

caligirl98
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
FINALLY! I lost weight. Well, half a pound, but hey, that's the most weight I've lost in 3 months. And how do I celebrate...yeah, I binged and then made myself sick...but since I haven't done that in WEEKS, I'm not feeling too bad. I keep track on my calendar of how often I do that and they are getting farther and farther apart...down to about once a month instead of once a week, so that's something.

My goal for the week is to keep up last weeks good work...I see the bright side of not having a refrigerator now...I didn't keep much food around in the house to eat so I couldn't binge. I need to avoid those weekend binges...goodness! Kind of annoyed because two 8 week classes started today along with the other class I was taking. It's always 12 weeks of work stuffed into 8 weeks and I always feel really overwhelmed. International business already looks like it's going to be a pain in the ***.

I had cereal this morning instead of oatmeal since I can keep milk in my house again and for the first time in 2 weeks, I'm not starving three hours later.

sh3l5
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
I thought my weekend was gona to show up bad on scales....
didnt tho so im happy....
a new week, a new vow not to snack at all....
im off to enjoy my cheese n crackers n fruit for tea....
:)

ghost
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Oooh, I thought my weekend was going to skew the scale too, but it didn't. Its my TOM too so I was surprised. Had a terrible day friday, saturday, yesterday was okay. I bought a bag of cheetos and a bottle of wine on saturday...not good. I also took my son out for lunch on saturday and had a bad chicken burger and french fry mini binge followed by the cheeto and wine binge. I'm honestly surprised the scale didn't yelp and run away from me this morning when I got on it. I hate TOM.

This week is going to be a strict week food wise after this weekend. I need to get my digestive track back on track...its suffering, I can feel it.

I'm liking the way my legs are starting to look in a towel after a shower, that has never happened before so I'm going to step up my recumbent bike workouts from 25 minutes to 35 minutes. I have really fat legs, I'd like to have normal legs and for once in my life wear a sexy pencil skirt and some nice heals.

amandarose17
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
The dreaded Mondays. For most of us that means back to work. I am having a horrible time at work lately, which has been leading me to eat more. I have not gained any weight, but it's no longer coming off as easy at it was. I even made a vending machine run for some M&M's about 5 minutes ago, but my fingers did the talking and I ended up with smartfood. I heard it's not good for you either, but given the other choice, this seemed like the answer.

If anyone lives in southern Maine and needs an administrative assistant, I will be activly accepting job offers :-)

BellaHTH
Hey everyone!

It's Monday again, and I'm at a loss for what to say. Things (scale-wise) have been good lately, I've been eating pretty good, and not very much. Food hasn't had much appeal for me lately, been kinda on a downer with some emotional stuff going on. I've just been eating when I start to feel sick, which I know isn't good but I'm sure won't last very long. I got in touch with a friend a few weeks ago, but we haven't spoken since. I don't want to bother him since he was training for a marathon, but I'm afraid I've already messed this up. It's a "wait and see" kind situation, so that's what I'm trying to do... The days are getting shorter, and I know that isn't helping my mood... ARGH!

Ok, enough downer stuff, here are some positives:
- I'm down over 26 lbs, so I'm really, REALLY happy about that!
- I've upped my cardio to 50 mins today and could barely tell the difference
- I have a job to go to, and good people to work with
- I am in good health, and so is my family
- Umm, it's sunny out today

Yeah, I'm sure there are more, I think I'm going to go sit in the sun for a bit, perk up my mood!

Have a super day, everyone!

Here we go again
Cal- Great job! See it's so good to work through the plateau, so I'm told. lol

Ghost- did you ever hear from your boyfriend?

ghost
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I gave up on contacting him. I turned my phones off. He officially made my **** list. He's emailed several times and left a few vm messages apologising but I'm pissed off as all **** that he shut me out like that and made me feel like crap so I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine. See how he likes it. Sure, it sounds petty, but I've never been anything but loving and supportive to him and I miss him so terribly it hurts and then he goes and does that....he obviously needs time to consider what I mean to him. I know I've had plenty of time to consider what he means to me.

Here we go again
09-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Ghost- did he say why he didn't return your calls? He better have a good excuse! I don't blame you. what are you going to do?

ghost
09-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I haven't read the emails, his messages are just "please call me back soon..." blah blah blah "what are you doing tonight" blah blah blah " when you get down here we're going to such and such thing so be ready" like he didn't just put me through the wringer or something. Until he gets frantic, this girl is not budging. Payback area a biotch!

Here we go again
09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
I haven't read the emails, his messages are just "please call me back soon..." blah blah blah "what are you doing tonight" blah blah blah " when you get down here we're going to such and such thing so be ready" like he didn't just put me through the wringer or something. Until he gets frantic, this girl is not budging. Payback area a biotch!

lol oh a woman's scorn! You would think that the mens would learn, but no they don't. :nono:

ghost
09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I can tell by his voice on the messages that he knows he f-ed up. And he only calls me certain pet names when there is tension he is trying to clear up. But pet names and reservations at nice restaurants are not going to fix things. I'm going to need some groveling. Is that too much to ask for? How about a few tears...cause I know I shed a few on friday.

flabbyblue
09-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I just wrote about it in the 100 lb club, but I have been without power for over a week :( Im writing, naturally, from work. Not being able to cook at all has really gotten me off track.

That, and nights are so boring that DH and I went to restaurants just to have something to DO at night. There are only so many nights of reading books by flashlight I can take.

I finally checked into a hotel last night, just to have a nice hot shower (SO tired of ice cold showers!). Our power will *HOPEFULLY* be back on later today, but all the eating out (even most restaurants and grocery stores had last power) I know messed me up badly. Sigh. My first week off track since starting.

ghost
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
flabbyblue: Sorry you are having such a sucky week, I hope they get your power on soon. And yeah for warm showers! I just got my water heater fixed after 3 days with cold showers, so I kinda know your pain...but I had electicity at least.

Taylor86
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Mondays is going well so far.

I am going to an Improv show tonight for one of my classes and I know it will be followed by dinner and drinks. We are going to a wine/coffee bar and I will stick to coffee and where ever we go I will get a salad with dressing on the side. I left 900 calories for tonight (think that's enough?) to make sure I can "bites" of things where ever we end up to eat.

Wish me luck!

ghost
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Taylor: I think 900 is more the sufficient. I'm glad your monday is going good. Heres to an on plan week. Remember, even if you go a lil overboard tonight, its not an excuse to go overboard all week. we are here for you. You CAN do this. THIS IS YOUR WEEK TO BE BACK ON PLAN.

I'm going to put "motivational speaker" on my resume, can I use you as a reference?

Here we go again
09-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Taylor-I think 900 is more than enough. I know you can to. You've come so far.

Ghost- Yeah you can use me as a reference too!

I'm with Ghost- I say we stand on plan this week. *raising water bottle* Here's to us staying on track this week!

ghost
09-22-2008, 06:15 PM
*raises sugar free non fat vanilla chai*
I'm in.
although, the janitor must know its my TOM (how?...I shiver to think) cause he brought me a chocolate bar. Sure...I did look up some horse races for him online...maybe its a thank you chocolate bar...
candy bars can be "on plan"...and I'm going to prove it.

Taylor86
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks girls. It's so easy to fall off track...but it is actually easy to stick to it. It just depends on what you put your energy towards. And, ghost you are right - if I do go over board tonight it's not an excuse to go over board the whole week. That really rang a bell...thanks so much.

**raises diet coke** Here's to staying on plan this week!

Here we go again:hug: You are doing so great!

caligirl98
09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
*raising my ice tea* I broke my plateau and its all down from here on out.

Ghost: candy bars are on plan...I only buy fun size though...2 milky ways, 150 cals and my sweet tooth is gone...especially if I eat them reallllllllly slowly.

Chele615
09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I've been having a good Monday so far. One of the women I work with just had her 60th birthday this past weekend, so she brought in parts of her birthday cake for all of us to share today at lunch. She is the sweetest woman and I would have felt really badly if I didn't have a piece....so I cut myself a tiny little square of it. It was so good!!! But just enough to get some sweets, and I found that was all I needed really. Before, I would have found any reason to eat a huge piece with extra frosting!! haha

I went to the gym after school, where I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the recumbent bike. My legs were definitely feeling it after those! We also were out of bananas and needed more water, so I made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some bananas, peaches, carrots, and water.

I'm so tired....I am tempted to put my pajamas on now! haha Especially since my mom has been in her nightgown since she walked in the front door from work about an hour ago. She's coming down with a cold and really doesn't feel good.

Blcarter84
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok so far so good. Monday is more like my friday considering I work the whole weekend and get 2 days off during the week...but its still a day to behave and be on track. So I worked out today, not as super hard as the other days but still extremely SWEATY!! I had some fruit granola and milk this morning. Then for lunch I had 1 slice fresh sourdough(with a little bit of butter on it) 1 greek yogurt (120 cal 0 fat) a couple of fresh strawberries and some baby carrots. Now I am stuffed! I have to work in a couple of hours and then I will have to come home and eat something small before bed so I dont starve!!

HeatherMcG
09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I lost 2.5 lbs this week! Woohoo! :cheer: The week has started out great! I am starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tonight. I started a thread about it so if anyone wants to join, let me know!

RememberHowToSmile
09-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey all,
Happy Monday! I’m doing pretty well I did not binge over the weekend (although my sugar plummeted on Sunday and I ended up eating doughnuts that my brother made but they weren’t terrible because they didn’t have that much fat although they were fried :( )

I started today on a good note, I went to the gym and did 75 minutes. Always a good start to the week. Since I was up extra early I decide to actually do my makeup (normally I just throw on some cover up and go). I have to say that I am actually getting good at doing makeup (I’m not very good at putting on makeup.

Oh I’m also going to San Diego in two weeks which I am totally pumped about because my friends are going to drive from Phoenix to San Diego and hang out with me. I have to go to a conference (which is all expense paid) but I looked at the schedule and it looks like I am going to have a ton of free time. We are going to celebrate my birthday which is the following week. I think it should be a ton of fun.

Lastly my weight is stable this week which is good because TOM, I’m hoping to be down next week. I’m sick of not losing weight.

Here We Go – I’m glad your speech went well.

Meredith – Good job rebounding!!!

Cali – Good job losing weight.

Shel – Glad that the weekend went well!!!

Ghost – Oh that is my biggest problem with food binges, making my stomach and digestive system hurt. Sorry about the binge hopefully things get better.

Amanda – Good job NOT getting M&Ms (one of my personal weaknesses)!!!!

Bella – Great job on losing 26 pounds. You’re on a great start and it sounds like you have a lot of really good things going on.

Ives – Sorry to hear that you don’t have power. Hopefully you will get it back soon. I can’t imagine what you are going though.

Taylor – Good job planning on coffee and not wine. I’m sure 900 calories will be enough. Have fun!

Chele – Good job hitting the gym and with the cake. Totally understand what you mean about the cake with extra frosting. I use to be the same way, now I tend to cut a piece half the size of everyone else and throw about half of it away.

Carter – You look beautiful in you Avatar.

Heather – Good job losing 2.5 pound :cb:

Star2Be
09-22-2008, 07:10 PM
LOL *raises a glass of lite vanilla soy milk* I'm up for a week on-plan, too! We can do it, ladies! :D Ps. Ghost, where do you get a thing like sugar-free non-fat vanilla chai?! What are the calories like? I LOVE chai but have been thinking that I probably wouldn't let myself have it for a looong time... But you may have just made my day! ;)

Taylor - Good luck tonight! I agree, 900 calories should be more than enough. Stay strong, girl! :dizzy:

Chele615 - There's nothing like slipping into your pajamas early and vegging out! (As long as you're not pigging out, too, heh). Especially if you've had a stressful day. Many a time during school last year on Friday afternoons I would get my dinner to go from the dining hall, and take it to my room to eat and watch TV in bed and basically celebrate the fact that I made it through the week. That's one thing that I could never give up, hehe, though this year I'm hoping that the dinners I buy will be MUCH healthier! ;)

Blcarter84 - Mmmm, fresh sourdough with butter? I officially dedicate this newfound craving to you! LOL.

HeatherMcG - Congrats on the loss! That's awesome! :cp:

just keep swimming
09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey, looks like we're all doing well! Chiming in on the cheers to a great week! With my lime flavored sparkling water. ;) Tomorrow is my birthday, so it might be a little tough to stay OP, but I can do it! I already told my family no cake. :)

Ives - Hope you get your power back soon!

Congrats, Heather! Great loss!

And congrats to Cali for breaking through that plateau!

HeatherMcG
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
I am still so happy I lost today. I am also starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tonight. Yowzas I think she might really kill my legs tonight!

I am told that at one part of the video she is screaming, "I want you to feel like you are dying!" lol sounds like every episode of BL

BellaHTH
09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Ahhh, it's Monday night and I can't turn my brain off! I need something to distract me, and mindless television isn't doing it for me!!! Who knew I'd be happy to go to work tomorrow? Not me, that's for sure... It's nice to read about other people's lives on here, everyone is such an inspiration! Even when things aren't perfect, you guys don't give up and just power through.

HeatherMcG -- HAHA I think as long as you don't actually die, sounds like it could be effective!

just keep swimming -- Lime flavored water is soooo good! And you can TOTALLY stay OP, all things in moderation, you can do it! (and Happy Birthday tomorrow!)

Star2Be -- *Week on plan*, I saw HEY, it's only 7 days! and today is almost over.

RemeberHowToSmile -- That is so awesome, getting up early to get in the cardio!!! It just feels good the rest of the day, and you looked good!

Blcarter84 -- I measure how my workouts go by how much I sweat, and the grosser I feel at the end, the more elated I am... Thankfully no one is around to see me in this state!

Chele615 -- It's it funny (in a great way) how different the perspective in on sweets and how the portions make us feel? Like before, if I didn't have a huge serving, I'd feel cheated, and now I feel SOO much better when it's a small serving.

caligirl98 -- end to plateau *hip hip HOORAY!*

Everyone here is awesome and I give you all a big :grouphug:

Taylor86
09-23-2008, 01:39 AM
WOOT! I stayed strong!

We went to chilis and I got a guilt less chicken sandwich (490 calories) and one glass of wine (daily plate told me 125) and 4 fries which puts me below my calories! I can do this! Thanks so much for the support guys! I did it!

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Ok so all I normally ever drink is water, with the exception of mayb some oj once in a while. Well I finally have a day off(it has been over a week) and I am starting the celebration a little early. Unfortunately I can't do too much because I am weighing myself in the morning to see how much I have lost. But I am making a couple of drinks for myself at home tonight. (its the best drink ever) This is the recipe for it.
Shot of Malibu Coconut Rum
Shot of Amaretto
Ice of course
100% Pineapple Juice (fill most of the way)
Splash of 100% Cranberry Juice(not the cocktail)
Splash of Diet Lime Soda (i.e. Sprite, 7Up, Sierra Mist) Whichever you prefer.
And ENJOY!! AHHHH way to take the edge off a long week.

Iconised Ghost
09-23-2008, 02:19 AM
oooh that sounds wonderful, i am a rum fiend :D

taragettingthin
09-23-2008, 03:24 AM
Wow... just one day..and so much to catch up.
My weekend was just horrible... my bf brought danish, bagels, quiche, muffins from work and I have been bad. I have been spotting blood although my TOM was supposed to be last week. (I only have 4 periods in a year bc of pills I'm taking...) Then potluck at work on Sunday night.
Well, I did workout for 55 minutes and the sweat felt so good. I also had lower calories today to even out what I did over the weekend..

Carter, I love malibu and amaretto. It sounds pretty nice.. I have amaretto at home but not malibu. maybe i will try it one day when I get a chance.

Taylor, good job! Stay strong! Yay!

Heather, I also have 30DS. I love her style and I remember my bf saying that she's a b*tch the first time he heard her...but she really let you keep going. At one point, she says "I know you want to shut me off right now!" lol. Keep it up and you will see that you are getting stronger day by day. I lost about 8 inches or so in a month just by doing her 25 minute workout, and not even her food plan.

Remember, San Diego? Wow. I would be excited, too! =) I'm going on my vacation in 2.5 weeks for 2 weeks... going to Korea with my daughter. My parents are so excited and they are counting down the days, as this will be the first time they get to see their first grandchild.

More personals to come...(hopefully...)

smallification
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Ack, I forgot to plan my lunch for today. I'll have to see what is safe to get from the cafeteria.

I haven't exercised at all this week, but I have been helping my boyfriend move, and man, my butt is sore! His new house has a lot of stairs. :)

Star2Be
09-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Good morning ladies! I am feeling pretty triumphant today because I FINALLY started some packing for school last night! Just a little bit, but I did two loads of laundry (and another one is in right now) and manage to pack most of it up, though I had to leave a few shirts out because I still have to sew them. I took in 4-5 shirts just from one load of laundry, so I'm already thinking that this is going to be an interesting week. But I love seeing myself in clothes now more than I ever have in my whole life--I actually have a WAIST; my stomach almost looks flat (when I have clothes on LOL); I'm lovin' it!! :D And another reason I'm feeling pretty happy today is because the guy I have a teensy crush on just wrote on my Facebook wall... Which obviously means that he's in love with me, LOL. I haven't seen him since school ended in the spring--wait'll he sees me now! ;)

Taylor - Great job staying OP last night! We knew you could do it! :D

Blcarter84 - Mmmm, that drink sounds SO yummy! My usual go-to drink (at the trashy college parties I go to, heh) is coconut rum mixed with... Basically anything, LOL. But my favorite is to mix it with pineapple juice, so that drink sounds right up my alley! I will have to try it sometime.

Tara - Eeek, all those delicious carbs in your house! Bagels? Muffins? Danishes? No way I could resist all that, heh. My mom bought a few bagels the other day and they have been calling my name all week. I'm trying to say strong, but man it is hard! Lol so don't feel bad about caving... :dizzy:

smallification - Helping someone move (especially if they have lots of stairs) sounds like exercise to me! I helped my brother move into a third-floor apt with no elevator in 80-degree weather last June, and I thought I was going to die! Hehe.

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Taylor; Great job girl!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ok, so I went to curves and did my measurements.

I've lost 10 inches in 2 months!
I've also lost 1% body fat in just one month! That's pretty awesome.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't lose more inches, but that's ok.

I told her not to tell me how much I weighed. I'm going to do the official way in Thursday to see how much I've lost.

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh and i ran my first 10 min mile last night!!!!! I've never done that before. I mean even as a kid in PE I think my fastest was over 10. I'm so excited. I'm going to keep working on it. :)

Taylor86
09-23-2008, 12:27 PM
I am really proud of myself staying strong last night. I wasn't THAT hard because I knew how many calories I had left and Chili's had a great guilt-less menu that gave the calories! It was also awesome because this was my first time keeping to my diet when I was out with friends and no one looked at the crazy (I knew they weren't going to, but ya know that feeling) and I even enjoyed one glass of wine. Today my goal is get to the gym.

I have a fee minutes (finally!) to do some personals!!

Heather Great job on the loss! I have heard good things about that 30 day shred!

just keep swimming :bday2you::hb::woo::celebrate::gift: I hope it's a good one and from what I hear...calories do not count on your birthday! Enjoy yourself!

Blcarter That drink sounds amazing! Plus - it's going to WAY cheaper than going out! And good job sticking with water - I need to do more of that!

tara I would have not been able to control myself with all that good stuff in! I would eaten it ALL. But I have found some thomas mulit-grain 100 calorie english muffins and they are so tasty and it feels like I am eating a bagel!

star2be You are doing so well girl! I have read a lot of your posts and you just keep kicking butt right and left! OOOoo a crush! I bet you can't wait till he sees you! I cannot WAIT to see one of my ex's or former crushes!

here we go again GREAT JOB IN THE INCHES! :carrot::carrot: I love love love counting my inches instead of my weight! It seems like upping your calories worked. If I don't loose any weight this week I may up my calories because I have been gaining muscle and I know that you burn more calories naturally when you have more muscle...what are your thoughts?

I know I haven't touched base with all of you but once I get done with my take home exam tonight I will get more personals done. I am sending everyone some dancing carrot love...:carrot::carrot:

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
taylor: Thanks so much. When I weight on Thursday morning, I shall let you know. lol I don't want to give bad advice. I've been hovering around 1800 calories and I feel great. I tend to be hungrier in the morning and before lunch but that's ok. I eat after I work out and my body is thanking me. :) I'm a little nervous about weighing in.

caligirl98
09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Taylor: That's great. But how did you limit yourself to 4 french fries...I would have had to throw my plate on the floor to stay at just 4 french fries. You are the queen of will power, woman!

Star: Crushes used to be my motivation to lose weight...well, actually, there is this guy that I USED to have a crush on...say 50 lbs ago...when (no if) I lose these next 60 lbs, I want to see him again and show him what he missed out on. That's not horrible is it? LOL!

Here We Go: 10 inches is insane. I'm doing a happy dancing carrot dance for you. and a 10 minute mile...goodness...the fastest mile I've even done is 17 minutes...in high school, I was the fat kid and it would take all 40 minutes of our gym time for me to walk that mile. My gym teacher hated me.

Didn't work out last night...I just didn't feel like it after 9 hours at work and then an hour fighting with my internet connection trying to get to a web site so I could do my psych homework...I probably could have worked out while I watched wrestling, but I was feeling too lazy at that point....but that’s it...no more BSing...I will be on plan this week. I HAVE to be.

just keep swimming
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Here we go - Congrats on the inches! And the 10 minute mile! I don't know if I can do that yet.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Taylor!

ghost
09-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Here we go again: 10 inches and a 10 minute mile? did it feel like christmas came early for you yesterday? Thats fantastic!

Star2Be: The non-fat sugar free chai is something I get from the corner coffee shack here, I think its Oregon Trail, but she could have changed her brand by now. She started carrying it a few years ago when my friend was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and was going to stop going to the shop because she couldn't order anything on the menu. It was a small 12 oz, so it was about 120 calories with the steamed non fat milk. SOOOO Good! I usually abstain from them, but yesterday was one of those days where everyone was feeling generous and my co worker picked it up for me after her lunch break.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. My sister walked in my house when I was making dinner for my son and her jaw literally dropped when she saw me. She said "you are so skinny, I can't stop starring, how did you lose so much weight, Brian is going to freak out when he sees you..." and then like two minutes later "I can't believe how skinny you are, how much do you weigh?" She was dumbfounded. I like it! LOL!

My son and I rode our bikes to his favorite park (about a mile r/t) and I actually got on the swings wtih him and had a how-high-can-you-go contest with him. Then we had steak salads for dinner and I did floor excercises including lunges, squats, crunches, leg lifts and the dreaded push ups. oh, and I even did jumping jacks which I havn't done since high school PE...wow, didn't realize they worked ya so good.

For the first time in weeks I did not weigh myself this morning. I woke up late and when I got to the office I was literally inundated with work, people throwing things at me as I walked in the door. I am just now settling in and getting my first cup of coffee.

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Ghost- It should shouldn't it? I'm happy with it but its annoying. It's only 3 inches in a month of all that hard work..... I know, I need to focus on the positive. I haven't tried jumping jacks... so you felt the burn?

Cali- I was the fat kid too. lol but I was like 5 inches taller than everyone so they didn't say much to me. lol

Happy birthday Just!!!! I hope you have a great day!

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Here we go again- Wow 10 inches that is AWESOME!! and a 10 minute mile is fantastic...working up a sweat for sure.

I started of my morning by weighing myself. Down 5 pounds this week...woohoo. Then I had 2 eggs and a yogurt. Then for a snack I had some peanut butter crackers(not necessarily super healthy for ya but not too bad) strawberries and of course lots of water. I am not going to be able to go to the gym until 4:30 today because my boyfriend's son is here with me and he won't go so until he goes home I am stuck here. But that's ok because i have laundry to do(LOTS OF IT).

smallification
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Happy birthday, just keep swimming!

sh3l5
09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
i am absolutely ecstatic!

CookieMonster416
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey Taylor - How many calories do you aim for?

I lost about 15 pounds by eating 1200 calories. Was perfect on it for about 4 months (so basically lost 5 pounds a month). Lately I've been slacking a bit and over the week I eat 1200, but on the weekends I do 1400. I have just been sooo hungry lately and wondering if I should aim for 1200-1400 over the week rather than stick to 1200. Problem is, I'm no longer really losing weight...

ghost
09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Cookiemonster: Are you working out also? If you are working out you could eat 1400 on the days you work out and 1200 the days you rest.

shantroy
09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey all,

My life has been crazy with work lately, so I haven't been around here much. I've been on the road almost every day for the last week and will be gone all of next week. I missed all my boot camp classes last week b/c I was gone and it's likely going to be the same for next week as well. I've also been in a bit of a funk lately. Just been unmotivated with everything. I'm bored at work, no longer challenged by my job, my weightloss has stalled... I don't know what it is but all I want to do is lay on the couch and watch TV. I'm making myself do stuff just so that I won't get stuck in front of the TV for hours on end. I'm so far behind in the online class I'm taking it's not even funny. Part of the funk maybe that I'm just overwhelmed with all I have to do and have subconsciously decieded to do nothing instead.

I'll be by later to do personals.

Taylor86
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I stay at 1,500 and I believe my weight is at 230 (I don't weight often, I do inches) normally I do pretty well on this...but I think I just need to be more creative with the things I eat.

If I were to put more variety in my diet I think I would feel less likely to cheat. My problems is portion control...that and you can eat WAY more chicken than any other meat so it leaves me feeling hungry when I do eat other meats. Have you ever seen 4oz of steak?

I don't like cooked fish, but I do like shell fish so I do eat shrimp, scallops..etc...

Really, I am just a bad cook.

just keep swimming
09-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks, small!

OK, so when I first started trying to lose weight, back in March, the last Biggest Loser season was on. I would ALWAYS go to my school's gym at that time and watch the show (they always had it on one of the TVs). I am SO excited that the show is back on, so I can watch it at the Y (where all the cardio machines have their own little TVs!). I forgot what good motivation it is to watch it while working out! So basically, long story short, I'm actually excited to do my workout tonight. :lol:

caligirl98
09-23-2008, 04:34 PM
I’ve been literally running around the warehouse all morning...on purpose trying to burn those cals that I didn't burn last night. From shipping to the shelves to the packaging to the kitchen....I hope it just looks like I'm in a rush to do my job. LOL!

Taylor: I have issues with portion control too. Back in my younger day I was an over eater...let see if I can break this down, at 9 y/o I was 114, at 10 y/o I was 150 and at 12 y/o I was 243. That's when I put my foot down and stopped over eating...so much. I just started skipping breakfast and lunch plus I had to walk to school in middle school and super far to the bus stop in high school. I pretty much maintained the weight for a few years give or take 50lbs (at 20, I was probably 320) which was when I started really looking at serving sizes...is it just me or are serving sizes super small? I mean, I know what they say about Americans and overeating and what not but 3/4 cup of cereal is like 4 spoonfuls...I don't need to be stuffed but can I at least be satisfied?

ghost
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
When I first started actually measuring and weighing my food I was astounded at the size of a serving size for certain things. I remember the first time I actually measured out 1 tablespoon of olive oil and put it in a pan to stirfry some chicken and veggies. It was then that I realized where all the extra calories were coming from. And YES Caligirl! I remember measuring out a serving of fiber one and just being dumbfounded. THATS IT? Lmao!

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm right there with you girls! I've been doing portion control and counting calories. I would look down and say you gotta be kidding me!

Ghost- congrats on dumbfounding your sister! I can't wait to do that to my family in December. Oh the look on their faces!!!! I can't wait.... Ok, now I'm way too excited.

UrsusMaritimus
09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey everyone! Sounds like you're all doing fabulous this week.

Taylor - Congrats on sticking to your plan!

Ghost - Having read the other posts, I'm curious... Has the boyfriend started grovelling yet?

CookieMonster - I started out eating about 1400 calories per day, but lately it's been more like 1600-1700. I am still losing weight - albeit at a slower rate, but it's worth it to me not to feel hungry.

My emotions have been totally up and down this week. My decision to leave school is both exciting and scary. I've been oscillating between feeling really, really relieved and disappointed that things didn't work out the way I thought they would when I started graduate school in 2002. I know I made the right decision, though.

I've been exercising a lot, which is good. My workout buddy and I are planning to run a 10K in May (the "Bolder Boulder"), so we're beginning to train for that. I don't love running, but I think having that goal will motivate me to stick with it.

I really need to get my eating under control. I've been so lax for the past few weeks. I ate at McDonald's last night, which made me feel sick. Blech. I felt sick all evening.

ghost
09-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Ghost - Having read the other posts, I'm curious... Has the boyfriend started grovelling yet?

Yes! Yes he has. He has seen the error of his ways. Much groveling, apologising and promising it'll never happen again. And then he'll say something backhanded like, "I never knew you were so high maintainence till I moved 4000 miles away." Well...duh...now you have to WORK at paying attention to me. I guess I'm just used to a guy who swore he couldn't live without me, and now he is living without me and its driving me crazy! It's driving us both crazy.

Star2Be
09-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Hehe, I'm so glad you guys understand about my little crush! I debated whether I should post that because I'm wary of seeming like a giggly little schoolgirl (or a Facebook stalker LOL), but I guess that's what I am! He's just a friend that I met last year--the typical nerdy type that I always go for... I somewhat entertained the possibility that he liked me too, but I never had the guts to find out. I intend to change that this year! Especially since I'm feeling more and more confident all the time. ;) Here's hoping we fall madly in love, LOL!

Here we go again - WOW, congrats on the loss! You're really doing great! And I am also quite shocked by the 10-minute mile... I didn't realize such superhuman feats really existed! Hehe. I'm another one who was always the "fat kid," got picked last for everything, failed the presidential physical fitness test EVERY YEAR, etc. :o Lol.

Taylor - Thank you!! That gave me such a lift, you don't even understand, hehe. :D

Ghost - I am officially SO jealous that you have access to this magical beverage and I don't! Haha. But then again, maybe that's a good thing--otherwise I'd probably drink one of those things every day! And that's SO awesome about your sister! Gotta love it when people are absolutely dumbfounded by your progress. Plus it's really great that she's so supportive of you.

Blcarter84 - I already wrote this in your thread, LOL, but congrats again! That is so awesome! And I'm totally feeling your pain on the laundry bit... I've made major progress in packing for school but I still have ~1/2 of my wardrobe to wash and pack! Yuck! :dizzy:

Just keep swimming - Happy Birthday!! :celebrate::gift: I agree, calories definitely do NOT count for you today! ;) Hehe. And I am SO excited to watch Biggest Loser tonight! I had never watched a single episode before this season, but now that I've started my weight loss I feel like I can actually relate to the contestants and the whole show is so fascinating and so motivating--those diagrams they showed last week with the people's hearts covered in fat and muck REALLY freaked me out, haha.

sh3l5 - Okay, I'll bite--why are you ecstatic?! Haha curiosity killed the cat, I guess.

Caligirl - Portion sizes drive me nuts, too! My favorite one is with ICE CREAM. I know this has been said a million times before but I'll say it again, hehe--who eats 1/4 cup of ice cream?! Psychopaths?! :eek: Lol.

*Whew!* This website really wears me out, hehe. I'll be quite sad when I return to school and I no longer have time to bum around here all day!

ghost
09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Ghost - I am officially SO jealous that you have access to this magical beverage and I don't! Haha. But then again, maybe that's a good thing--otherwise I'd probably drink one of those things every day! And that's SO awesome about your sister! Gotta love it when people are absolutely dumbfounded by your progress. Plus it's really great that she's so supportive of you.

She's actually not that supportive. Just a few weeks ago she told my parents and all our mutual friends that I was starving myself because she was self conscious about me losing weight and looking normal again because she's always been the "skinny" sister and me the "fat" one. I'm sure in the next few days I'll start hearing that one again, she's very insecure.

just keep swimming
09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Meredith - 2 things: 1) Facebook stalking = awesome. 2) Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I actually only ate 1800-something calories, which isn't bad, and I'm going to the gym to use my birthday present from my parents, a new Polar heart rate monitor! Wow, who knew I could get excited about exercise gadgets?

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Does everybody have Facebook? We should be friends. :)

you can look me up by Heatherarnon@gmail.com

Chele615
09-23-2008, 09:02 PM
I love Facebook....especially since you can "stalk" people's pages ;) LOL

RememberHowToSmile
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
OMG I just ate a pint of ice cream, I was having such a great day. Healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but I was craving sweets and my calories were only 900 plus I did 75 minutes of cardio and I decided to get a pint of ice cream. Well I was only going to have a serving but ate it out of the carton and then next thing I know the whole thing was gone. Now I feel like I’m going to puke.

Just Keep Swimming – Happy Birthday!!!!

Heather – LOL that does sound like BL. I love facebook although I find it weird when people who are not my friends (like old high school classmates) stalk me and then when I run into them in public they make comment about my weight.

Bella – I total agree about getting up and going to the gym it makes me feel better.

Taylor – Good job!!! I understand what you mean about portion control but try and fill your plate up with lots of veggies to make up for the little portion of meat.

Carter – Hmmm that sounds good. I had a rum and diet caffeine free coke last night. Great job being down 5 pounds.

Tara – I agree I’m shocked at how much people are writing. I would love to go to Korea, I haven’t been able to go to asia yet, but I’m sure one day. Oh what was your hubby thinking bring all that **** home.

Meredith – It is funny that you mentioned that your stomach looks flat with clothing on because I totally agree that I look one way with clothing on but different without. It is so hard having extra skin I can’t wait to get it removed. I have to stay I’m in school but if I don’t come here then my eating gets out of control. Also the health stuff on biggest loser freaked me out and made me appreciate all the weight I’ve lost.

Here We Go – Good Job on the measurements and the 10 minute mile!!!!

Ghost – Don’t you love when the you get those complements. It makes you feel so good.

Shan – Travelling sucks. Stay strong.

Cali – On Fridays I normally end up running up and down stairs like a million times at work and just keep saying to my boss that it’s just a little bit of way to get an extra work out in.

Jaclyn – Well at least you are exercising, try and get the eating under control think about what is causing the eating.

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks Remember. I've missed you around here. :) You're such an inspiration.

So I did the Jillian Michaels thing. Then I ran, but I was so tired I just slowed it down to a 15 min mile. I'm so proud of everyone. I think the endorfines are really going b/c I feel great!

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 11:57 PM
So I finally got to go to the gym today after my boyfriend's son left and sure made it worth it. I ran for 60 minutes, went 5.5 miles and burned 630 calories. Now if that doesn't get my to my goal next tuesday of being down 3 more pounds I dont know what will. Although I had a cookie today that I made I didn't sit down and eat a ton of them. My breakfast and lunch were SUPER HEALTHY and my dinner will consist of a turkey burger that I made with swiss cheese tomato onion mustard and a whole wheat bun. SOUNDS delicious I can't wait. But first I need to shower.....sticky and sweaty I am!
Rememberhowtosmile-you are truly an inspiration, you make me realize I can do it too. I am also from michigan and just moved to nevada a couple of months ago.
To everyone else. GREAT JOB! keep it up and I will see ya'll tomorrow(so to speak)

UrsusMaritimus
09-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Ghost - 4000 miles??? Where the heck is this man? I'm glad he's seen the error of his ways. :D

garstar
09-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Does everybody have Facebook? We should be friends. :)

you can look me up by Heatherarnon@gmail.com

same here - my name is Sarah Gar on there, just search :)

I love new friends:)

Blcarter - 5.5 miles! WOW I get tired from 3 miles.... Now I want to try to run 5 and see if I can do it :) haha

Iconised Ghost
09-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Happy birthday just keep swimming! Or belated birthday if i am late >.<

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Good morning! So I got my scale back after not having it for a week. Um, I gained, I was 284. I'm like what the crap? How can that be. I upped my cals, I've been working out. I'm not going to dwell on it. I can't it will discourage me. I can do is keep doing what I'm doing.

Gar- We're so friends on my facebook!

caligirl98
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Here we go, that sometimes happens. I remember a couple of years ago when I got my treadmill, I was 262 and for a week and half, I was eating right and walking like 4 miles a day and then after like 11 days, I finally stepped on the scale and nearly had a stroke...267. That's happened to me a couple of times...I feel great, but the scale contradicts me. You really can't dwell on it if you know you're doing what's right. Like I say, the scale isn't the only way to measure weight loss.

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Here we go, that sometimes happens. I remember a couple of years ago when I got my treadmill, I was 262 and for a week and half, I was eating right and walking like 4 miles a day and then after like 11 days, I finally stepped on the scale and nearly had a stroke...267. That's happened to me a couple of times...I feel great, but the scale contradicts me. You really can't dwell on it if you know you're doing what's right. Like I say, the scale isn't the only way to measure weight loss.

Thanks Cali. I was doing better when I didn't way myself. I think I'll just weigh once a week. I did it b/c I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day thing and I wanted to see what my starting weight was. All morning I've been saying inches, I've lost 10 inches in two months. I wish I would have measured myself when I first started losing. That first month I lost 19 pounds and I have no idea how many inches. In two months since then I've lost 4 pounds and 10 inches. So strange.

just keep swimming
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Here we go and garstar - I friended both of you. :) Haha we should all be facebook friends! You can search for me by my AIM screen name, a kool aid notion.

Oh, and thanks again for all the birthday wishes!! :D :grouphug:

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Here we go and garstar - I friended both of you. :) Haha we should all be facebook friends! You can search for me by my AIM screen name, a kool aid notion.

Oh, and thanks again for all the birthday wishes!! :D :grouphug:

I just confirmed you! It's funny to know that we have real names. lol

Star2Be
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well today. I am feeling good and have maintained my loss from yesterday, so now I don't feel so bad about changing my ticker, heh. It's a teensy bit disappointing that I won't reach my mini-goal before starting school (darn you, last weekend!!), but I am so close so I'm not stressed about it. Plus, I'm not so sure that I want to move on to my next mini-goal of, *gulp* Onederland. It's a veeery scary thought! It seems a million miles away right now; I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a heckuva lot closer than I was before! I still feel like I have 64 lbs to go, LOL.

I am a bit worried because I made plans to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight with some friends... I think I can indulge a bit and have EITHER some fries or some chicken dumplings (minus the chicken, ha) but I can't decide which one, and I'm worried that I'll cave in and have both, heh. I tried to find some nutritional info and it looks as though the "Country Vegetable Plate" has 380 cals but it sounds so boring! I hate to pay good money for something that's not even good as what I good make at home! Which is why I'm tempted to indulge, grr. We'll just have to see how it goes... Wish me luck, everyone! :crossed:

Ghost - Time for me to put my foot in my mouth, I guess! :o But I am really sorry to hear that your sister has been acting that way... I've experienced something similar with my mother being really unsupportive, and basically trying to sabotage me along the way, and it is really hard. Weight loss just seems to screw with people's heads and make otherwise normal people act like total jerks, heh. But good luck dealing with her and her insecurities. You are no longer the "fat" sister and you worked very hard for it, so hopefully her comments can just bounce off of your hard muscle, hehe.

RememberHowToSmile - Yes! The loose skin is irritating. I don't have it too badly yet (because I haven't lost that much yet LOL) but I'm already starting to notice. But with clothes ON, my boobs are pushed off my my mid-section and you can see how it actually flattens out, and the softness is all covered! ;) Before I was more akin to a solid mass of flab, with my chest blending in to my stomach, hehe.

Blcarter - That dinner does sound pretty yummy! Though I'm a vegetarian, heh, so I'd probably sub a garden burger or some tofurky! Great job working out and eating healthily today--you are really doing well so far! :D

Here we go again - Huh! Sorry to hear that you didn't have a loss, but that must've just been one of those crazy fluctuations, especially since you know that you've lost so many inches already. Obviously whatever you're doing is working, so I hope you're not too discouraged by the scale. It's good to see that your attitude is so great--some people (like, um, me) would probably be tempted to give up, and it's very admirable that you're not even considering that as a possibility. You go girl!! :cheer3:

ghost
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Okay people. Whats the worst thing thats ever happened to you food wise? Last night I made a big tasty salad with cucumbers, tomatos, carrots, raddish, goat cheese and balsamic. I sat down, ready to dig in and enjoy. First bite, I get a huge chunck of goat cheese which is usually my fav. IT WAS MOLDY! I gagged, spit it out and about died. I had to run to the sink because my gag reflex was going full force and I was losing it. I had to throw the salad out. Then, for the rest of the night I could smell and taste moldy goat cheese. OMG. It was the worst thing ever. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy goat cheese again. *insert sad face here*

Other then that horrendous experience I'm doing good. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 171.5ish...so .5lbs in a week, but thats with TOM having been last week so I'm lucky there wasn't a gain. I swear I can still smell and taste moldy goat cheese.

Here we go again: After giving your scale to your roommate did you zero it before you stepped on it? I know when my scale gets moved around it gets discombobulated and I have to zero it. Also, did you weight in the morning or at night? I usually weigh in the morning becasue I can fluctuate up to 4-5 lbs during the day. It creates this weird love/hate relationship between me and my scale where I totally b!tch it out and then have to apologise profusely the next morning. You know how it is.

Star: Mothers are supposed to love us the way we are, I think thats why they sabatage us the most. When I first started dieting, at 230+ lbs my mom brought me a double cheeseburger with a large order of fries to work one day out of the blue. We ended up not talking for a week over the incident. I still can't figure out her motivations for that, and its been two year.

UrsusMaritimus: He's in San Fran, its more like where the heck am I?

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Okay people. Whats the worst thing thats ever happened to you food wise? Last night I made a big tasty salad with cucumbers, tomatos, carrots, raddish, goat cheese and balsamic. I sat down, ready to dig in and enjoy. First bite, I get a huge chunck of goat cheese which is usually my fav. IT WAS MOLDY! I gagged, spit it out and about died. I had to run to the sink because my gag reflex was going full force and I was losing it. I had to throw the salad out. Then, for the rest of the night I could smell and taste moldy goat cheese. OMG. It was the worst thing ever. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy goat cheese again. *insert sad face here*

Other then that horrendous experience I'm doing good. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 171.5ish...so .5lbs in a week, but thats with TOM having been last week so I'm lucky there wasn't a gain. I swear I can still smell and taste moldy goat cheese.

Here we go again: After giving your scale to your roommate did you zero it before you stepped on it? I know when my scale gets moved around it gets discombobulated and I have to zero it. Also, did you weight in the morning or at night? I usually weigh in the morning becasue I can fluctuate up to 4-5 lbs during the day. It creates this weird love/hate relationship between me and my scale where I totally b!tch it out and then have to apologise profusely the next morning. You know how it is.

Here's the thing. I weighed last night. I weighed 284 i was like cool b/c i usually weigh a lot more at night. I weighed this morning and it was 284.4. I was like whatever! It's digital, do I have to zero it? I'm so done with scales.

That's awful about the goat cheese.... I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight. :)

caligirl98
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Ghost, it's good to know I'm not the only person that has verbal and physical fights with the scale.

Hmmm, I don't think anything that bad food wise has ever happened to me...I'm paranoid about food, I freeze EVERYTHING...even my cheese. And if it's in the fridge for longer than a week, I throw it out no matter if it's good or not. Wait, I've had some bad milk experiences...you know pour a whole bowl of cereal, take a spoonful and realize the milk is bad...I've done that couple of times because I keep milk around longer than I should...it doesn't bother me though...

BellaHTH
09-24-2008, 03:02 PM
AHH, I can not keep up with this place, but I love love LOVE all of the inspiration people put out there!

Today is a brown day, I'm wearing all brown (pants, shirt, even my Croc flippers are brown...) I've felt better today than I have in over a week, which is really saying something. My mood has been so down this past week, I hate it! Ahh, trying to focus on the pos and all that. Ok, so food still isn't that appealing to me (no even pasta - GAHH!) which is so strange me to me and I'm not sure this has happened before. Even when I was in high school and would starve myself (yeah, I know). Has this ever happened to anyone? Where food isn't appealing? Whatever, it will probably go back to how it was and all food will be TOO APPEALING. So I've been staying OP and exercising every day, and tonight I'll be attempting to make veggie burgers with pepper and onions. My cooking skills leave something to be desired, so as long as the are edible, I'll be one happy chica!

Star2Be -- You're veg too? I'm SURE you've mentioned this before... What's your fav meal? Oh, and crushes on nerdy types is the BEST, I'm right there with ya!!

Here we go again -- you're an inspiration, it never ceases to amaze me how POSITIVE you are, and encouraging to there people. 10 inches and a 10 min mile? That is AMAZING! I know how it feels to have the scale not reflect all the hard work, oh do I! But just look at the journey, and not this little "bump", you must be doing something right to have come this far!

RemeberHowToSmile -- I love your photo (I'm guessing that is you), and it always gives me that little push, you look so great! It sounds like you have a super active day (75 mins cardio??!!!) so the ice cream isn't too bad. Sometimes I wish we could bottle that "icky" feeling for times like this, as a preventative measure!

just keep swimming -- I had to look up that gadget, the Polar heart rate monitor, and it looks really cool! Happy (belated) Birthday!

ghost -- I'm sorry your sis isn't more supportive, but you know the truth and you are loosing weight the right way. The people in your life are (hopefully) smart enough to see through her insecurities and see what a wonderful thing you are doing. Because it is, it's WONDERFUL!

UrsusMaritimus -- That is so awesome about the 10k, it seems like a lot of people I know are doing those now. It's so great you have someone else to do this with, also to keep the motivation up. And for the school decision, you know what is right for you. Just because you are wary doens't mean it was the wrong decisions, and it sounds like you know that.

caligirl98 -- I think a lot of serving sizes, especially on prepared foods, are skewed to fit a certain calorie count. You look at the nutritional info and think "oh, only 190 cals, not too bad" but then it's like 3 spoonfuls. They're betting that people don't measure, and I don't think most people do. Once you start paying attention, at least for me, it's such an eye opener!

ghost
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Ghost, it's good to know I'm not the only person that has verbal and physical fights with the scale.

Hmmm, I don't think anything that bad food wise has ever happened to me...I'm paranoid about food, I freeze EVERYTHING...even my cheese. And if it's in the fridge for longer than a week, I throw it out no matter if it's good or not. Wait, I've had some bad milk experiences...you know pour a whole bowl of cereal, take a spoonful and realize the milk is bad...I've done that couple of times because I keep milk around longer than I should...it doesn't bother me though...

I've been known to put my scale on restriction and ground it to the closet on my worst days...lmao! I freeze alot of things too. But that goat cheese was brand new and the sell by date was 10/15 so I thought I was safe...guess it must have gotton warm at some point in the shipping process, that happens with food headed for remote locations.

AHH, I can not keep up with this place, but I love love LOVE all of the inspiration people put out there!

Today is a brown day, I'm wearing all brown (pants, shirt, even my Croc flippers are brown...) I've felt better today than I have in over a week, which is really saying something. My mood has been so down this past week, I hate it! Ahh, trying to focus on the pos and all that. Ok, so food still isn't that appealing to me (no even pasta - GAHH!) which is so strange me to me and I'm not sure this has happened before. Even when I was in high school and would starve myself (yeah, I know). Has this ever happened to anyone? Where food isn't appealing? Whatever, it will probably go back to how it was and all food will be TOO APPEALING. So I've been staying OP and exercising every day, and tonight I'll be attempting to make veggie burgers with pepper and onions. My cooking skills leave something to be desired, so as long as the are edible, I'll be one happy chica!

ghost -- I'm sorry your sis isn't more supportive, but you know the truth and you are loosing weight the right way. The people in your life are (hopefully) smart enough to see through her insecurities and see what a wonderful thing you are doing. Because it is, it's WONDERFUL!

Are you gettting sick or have a sinus thing going on? I know when I can't smell food I can take it or leave it.

I've just come to the conclusion that my sister is a psychopath. My man has always felt she is a negative in my life and even changed my deadbolt lock and door knob lock and installed huge bolt locks on the inside of my front door so I can lock her out. She has literally stood out side the house banging on the doors and windows for hours before trying to get attention and acting dramatic. And of course she hates him, she's the only person who has ever met him that HATES him...its a sign.

i am still trying
09-24-2008, 03:57 PM
You girls are great!
I have been really trying to be good with my calories, keeping them under control and getting out to the gym 3 times a week. So far this week, it's been once and it's already Wed. but I will go tomorrow for sure.
I am getting a little impatient here with my SLOW weight loss. It's been about 1.5 months and I have been great with my eating and OK with exercise, only to see a 5 lb. loss, and I think 3 of those were water weight!
At night when I get some nagging urge to eat more when when my calories are done I usually come on here, great motivator to not eat more.

Bella: how are you making the veggie burgers?

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Bella- Me an inspiration? Thanks I needed that! I don't feel like it at all.

I just looked in the mirror as I was washing my hands. I had my arms raised to fix my hair. I saw this ball of hangingness come from my left arm! It was so weird. I looked pretty tone until 3 to 4 inches from my armpit and then it just sagged. I'm like what the crap? Where did that COME From? It wasn't there last week and now its there? it looks awful..... I think it's lose skin mixed with some fatty tissue.... does anyone else have this?

Blcarter84
09-24-2008, 05:11 PM

I just looked in the mirror as I was washing my hands. I had my arms raised to fix my hair. I saw this ball of hangingness come from my left arm! It was so weird. I looked pretty tone until 3 to 4 inches from my armpit and then it just sagged. I'm like what the crap? Where did that COME From? It wasn't there last week and now its there? it looks awful..... I think it's lose skin mixed with some fatty tissue.... does anyone else have this?

Well I definitely have a second wave going on. Not terrible but defniitely NOT good. Can't wait to get rid of it for sure.

Anyways so today has been a good day so far(its only 1pm but hey) I had oatmeal with raisins and a yogurt for breakfast. Then I went to the gym and ran for 30 minutes and then did weights for arms and shoulders. Now I am having lunch, strawberries, carrots, 2 eggs and some wheat bread. Maybe some roasted almonds if I am still hungry. And of course I have been drinking tons of water! Hoipe my results next week are just as awesome. I can't wai to be a HOT mom!

ghost
09-24-2008, 05:52 PM
oh, don't get me started on my upper arms. But, its safe to say, yes, I sooo have the same problem. skin with gross fat under it. All lumpy. Can't wait till it goes away. Hey, its fat, right? If I keep losing its bound to disappear. The skin though, thats going to take some time to shrink.

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 06:02 PM
but it looks so weird! it's like, ok I can't describe it. I'll take a picture. I've NEVER seen anything like it!

HeatherMcG
09-24-2008, 06:08 PM
You girls are all so entertaining! I love getting on here everyday.

ghost
09-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh, you don't need to take a pic, I have a visual right here under my right arm...and my left arm, that I can use, LOL! Careful, you'll start playing with it and won't be able to stop.

BellaHTH
09-24-2008, 07:34 PM
HAHA on the one hand, I love that I am losing weight. On the other, the loose skin thing bugs me. I know, there really isn't anything I can do about it, but still... Why can't it just, ya know, go away with the fat????? I never said I was logical about all things!

Are you gettting sick or have a sinus thing going on? I know when I can't smell food I can take it or leave it.

I've just come to the conclusion that my sister is a psychopath. My man has always felt she is a negative in my life and even changed my deadbolt lock and door knob lock and installed huge bolt locks on the inside of my front door so I can lock her out. She has literally stood out side the house banging on the doors and windows for hours before trying to get attention and acting dramatic. And of course she hates him, she's the only person who has ever met him that HATES him...its a sign.

I don't think getting sick, I smell things just fine (better than fine, which is annoying most of the time) so who knows. Watch, tomorrow I'll have a terrible cold, just because I have luck like that!!! HA! Oh, and your sister sounds like she has some issues that go way beyond your weight, so... it's good that you know that now, I guess!

Bella: how are you making the veggie burgers?

I usually make them with TVP, black beans, bread crumbs, some spices, ketchup, corn, and this time around peppers and onions. I try to pack as many veggies/beans as possible until it almost doesn't hold together, then fry in a TINY bit of oil and then freeze. But this time around I think I'm going to form them, freeze, and then fry/bake when I want to use them. So far, I have NOT been disappointed by the basic recipe...

You are! You always have a kind word or a positive spin. I'm aspiring to bring a little more of that into my personality!

ghost
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Okay, I am in LOVE with Amy's Organic Kitchen enchilada bowl. YUM! And dang oreo's have the orange filled halloween cookies out...heavy sigh. I'm still on plan though!

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 08:02 PM
ummm how sad is this. I did take pictures of it. I want proof!!!!

caligirl98
09-24-2008, 08:07 PM
UGH! By the time I get home, I'm not going to feel like doing anything...this sucks...

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
UGH! By the time I get home, I'm not going to feel like doing anything...this sucks...

:hug: I'm sorry Cali. Rough day?

Taylor86
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Woot! I got the gym today.

These are my gym goals because I have to write then down cause life is crazy.
Friday - sunday - tuesday-weds-friday

Stayed within my calories yesterday. We went to wendy's and I stuck with a plain potato and a small chili! Yay!

caligirl98
09-24-2008, 08:37 PM
It's always a rough day...I hate taking 8 week classes...it's still 12 weeks of work, just crammed into 8 weeks...I have to redo my psych paper, read a long azz chapter for international business, and 2 chapters for direct marketing and I don't have the time...ARGH! my life sucks..

Ok, I'm done. ;-)

Taylor86
09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
cali - I totally understand. Although I have never taken an 8 week class - I did spend 2 hours at Office Max to do an exam yesterday (my teacher is really artsy and she wanted up to make something 'artsy' and I was like NOOO please give me a 10 page paper! I can't draw or sew or even use clip art!)

Yeah, that was my night last night. 2 hours at office max trying to make something artsy. It was 10pm when I got home and the boy and I didn't want to cook so he wanted to go through wendy's and I made good choices.

I see my dad tomorrow and I know he loves wine and red meat. Hopefully I will be able to control myself AND I pray he doesn't have cheese. I am a cheese and wine-o.

RememberHowToSmile
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Well I was able to do some rebounding today. When I was craving ice cream I had chocolate cool whip and a hundred calorie cookie pack. I also went to the gym today not for too long but still some is better than none. But best of all … I bought some size 12 pants from old navy when they were on sale for uber cheap and they were too tight on me. Now I can comfortable button and zip with no problem.

Carter – wow running 5.5 miles that is amazing!!!

Here we Go – Give it a day or two to see if your weight balances out. And to be honest I have been bouncing around the same 5 pounds for a very long time but I’m losing size. Like I said I can fit into a 12. And um extra skin I posted about that yesterday. I have a ton of extra skin especially on my arms and I know there is fat in it. I think part of the reason I’m losing size and not weight is because there is the fat mixed in the skin that I don’t think you can lose without surgery. I decided that I’m going to get lower body lift and breast implants however I’m still debating the arm surgery because of the visible scar eventhough my arms look bad.

Meredith – I have so much trouble going out to eat because I want to order the entire side of the menu. I tend to order way to much food and either share it with everyone at the table, sometimes I take it home, others I leave it and say oh well. I’ve become comfortable with the fact that going out to eat is a big waste of money for me (because I order so much).

Bella – Yes that is me when I went to a concert about a month ago. The funny thing is I wore a similar (not as short and not as cut up) outfit last year to a concert and totally didn’t fell sex and felt uncomfortable. Now I’m looking for excuses to wear that short skirt again because I felt like I could work it.

Ghost – I hate when food goes bad. My roommate and I are constantly in disagreement on how long things stay good. It’s funny because it depends on the item sometimes I am the more conservative one about this type of this thing and other times she is.

I’m still trying – All I have to say is slow and steady wins the race.

Taylor – good job going to the gym and staying on plan.

Cali – Totally understand what you are saying about school, it keeps me insanely busy and I am taking full semester classes.

Transformer08
09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow, Chipotle is reaallly bad for you!! I REALLY wanted Chipotle for dinner tonight so I made tonight my "out" meal. (I have decided to have a rule that I get eat out once a week, this way I don't feel totally deprived, but it minimizes the damage.)

So I ordered a carnitas burrito, which is my usual. But I did order it "fajita" style so there were peppers instead of beans. And I ended up scooping out the majority of rice out of it. (Calorie counting has taught me that rice is just not worth the calories to me. I should have thought of that when I was ordering...)

Afterwards I went to mydailyplate to see how many calories it was, for tracking purposes and I think it was still like 1000 calories... Whoops...

Next time I eat there I need to make sure I'm super light on calories the rest of the day -- today I wasn't.

Star2Be
09-25-2008, 03:38 AM
OMG packing packing packing packing packing. I am officially going insane. ARGH!

And I just realized that I have no idea where my student ID is. I mean NO idea. I know I had it at the end of last year, but somehow my memory magically drops off right after I turned in my keys last Spring... I don't even remember which purse I was using at the time! It's not a really big deal, but it costs $20 to replace it and I just generally feel angry and frustrated that I did that. I'm always losing things!! :mad: Grrr...

Ok but seriously I am going crazy right now. Most of my packing is done now, so tomorrow shouldn't be a mad rush or anything... But I'm still stressed about the ID, stressed about packing (and thinking that I'm going to forget something), disappointed with the way I ate at Cracker Barrel (it wasn't awful but I could've done better), and I'm starting to feel worried about starting school again because I know it'll only get a billion times more stressful from here on out. My school is extremely challenging (ranked 8th in the nation, holla) and sometimes I really feel like it's going to kill me! I am [I]always worried and never EVER reach a moment where it's like "ahh, ok, finally I can relax!" because it's always go go go and you never even get a moment to catch your breath. And I feel like crap all the time because I never get enough sleep - I usually get an average of 3-5 hours per night - so I'm always exhausted. Being there is just the most physically and mentally draining thing I have ever experienced, and I guess I'm just scared to go back because I'm scared that I can't handle it. I've been SO excited to go back and so looking forward to it that I've managed to overlook/forget all the things about school that I hate. NOW I remember why I was so ecstatic to start summer break, and I don't want to give it up! I mean--I know that for every thing I hate about my school, there are at least 20 that I love... And logically I can assume that I'll be happy once I get there... But I just can't shake this panicky feeling. I feel so overwhelmed!

Ugh, I know I'm just jittery. And whining pathetically. If it weren't for my stupid ID, this never would have happened! Hopefully everything will seem better in the morning, because I'm just gonna go to bed now! :stress:

Ps. I'll write personals later!

artsnsmarts
09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Ladies...it is SO SO HARD for me to get back on track! I was POSITIVE that Monday I'd be back on the horse and it would go smoothly..but I can't seem to get myself to track my food!! Since I eat basically the same thing every day, I know that I'm stay within my calories almost 100%, but I just can't make it happen.

ahhhhhhhhhh!!! Words of support?

Taylor86
09-25-2008, 11:38 AM
arts I was in the same boat a few days ago and now I have been back on track for 5 days. The first thing I did was GO TO THE GYM and eat your usual breakfast. Then each day I gave myself 100-200 extra calories to play with so I could have something if I felt like cheating. By day three I was back to my usually calories and feeling much better. I know it's hard and it sucks but I hope this little bit of advice helps you. Plus - after three days you start to feel so good again you don't wanna cheat!

Spoz
09-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Girls t today I had the worst binge ever and could really use some upliftment, and i know what incredibly positive and beautiful you all are...so I find myself posting here. If anybody has any words of wisdom or just anything positive.. I'd be so grateful.

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Spoz- Ok, girl. You've been doing so good. Have you thought about why you binge? Do you have a friend you call when you're about to or feel down? You should get a plan together b/c you know that you don't like to do it. You are beautiful and don't compare yourself to other people. YOU are on your OWN journey not someone else's. All you can do it your personal best everyday and if you stumble or fall pick yourself and keep going. Don't give up!

Arts- You can do this. I think what Taylor suggested is great. Get up work out, eat breakfast. I know that you're busy but I think that busy people get things done. :) Have you thought about why you want to lose weight and get healthy? Have you written it down? I was getting so discouraged but I have decided that I am not what I weigh. Even if the scale is not moving, even if I look at my body and cringe does it matter? If I am doing everything that I can to change my body and to be healthy than that's all I can do. That's it! Why beat myself up? Did I work out today? Did I eat within calories? Did I drink my water? Did I eat lost of fruit veggies? Did I limit my fat intake? If it's yes to all of those questions, why do I get upset? It's pointless. No longer am I going to ask myself other questions. Did I lose weight? It doesn't matter. At the end of the week, how does my body feel? Are my clothes fitting better?

I don't mean to be preaching, but I feel that we are all being hard on ourselves. We should enjoy this process b/c I know I'm only going through this one time! I know you all are too. We are beautiful strong women. We have decided to something about where we are and not just complain or feel bad about ourselves. We are strong b/c we make hard decisions everyday. We delay instant gratification for the long term goal. We have seen the big picture and we will not get distracted it. :carrot: :cp::bravo: So here's to us!

Strong beautiful women on a mission! *raises water bottle* Who's with me? :)

caligirl98
09-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Spozdon't beat yourself up about it. It's over and you know what you did and now you move on. Stay positive. Do you have binge triggers?

So, it took me 3 freaking hours to read that 31 page chapter. Who the **** writes a 31 page chapter? Don't they have any thing better to do? By the time I finished, all I could do was crawl into bed.

And I'm doing it again...when ever I feel like I have a ton of homework, I do it before I do anything else. I've barely worked out this week, but on the flip side of that, I've barely ate. 1100 cals yesterday because I was reading a chapter right through my dinner time and all I grabbed was a cup of dry honey nut cheerios for the second night in a row. I'm sooooo freaking tired right now. I just feel so overwhelmed right now with work (hitting our busy season) and school (3 classes, 2 are 8 weeks), I don't feel like doing anything else.

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Spozdon't beat yourself up about it. It's over and you know what you did and now you move on. Stay positive. Do you have binge triggers?

So, it took me 3 freaking hours to read that 31 page chapter. Who the **** writes a 31 page chapter? Don't they have any thing better to do? By the time I finished, all I could do was crawl into bed.

And I'm doing it again...when ever I feel like I have a ton of homework, I do it before I do anything else. I've barely worked out this week, but on the flip side of that, I've barely ate. 1100 cals yesterday because I was reading a chapter right through my dinner time and all I grabbed was a cup of dry honey nut cheerios for the second night in a row. I'm sooooo freaking tired right now. I just feel so overwhelmed right now with work (hitting our busy season) and school (3 classes, 2 are 8 weeks), I don't feel like doing anything else.

Cal- :hug: I'm sorry! Do the best you can do. When is your 8 week class over?

caligirl98
09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Mid november...

I'm going to cry...

ghost
09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Ahhh, I feel your pain all you stressed out student types. I really want to go back to school to finish my degree, but being a mom, working full time and trying to fit an education in there somewhere was just too stressful for me. I can't wait till my son is a teenager and more independent so I can fulfill those dreams I harbor.

Yesterday I started feeling very weird, like, not physically, but mentally. Like, I'm viewing my life from a differnt perspective then I have before. Its quite distrubing.

I also had the unsavory task of ordering snow boots for the coming winter. I should have done this months ago because it'll probably start snowing before they get here and my boots have a leak and my son's feet have grown two sizes since last winter so he can't even get his feet inside his boots anymore. Boots are a very important clothing item here. They have to be quality. Especially for me because if my feet get cold my whole body gets cold and its so hard for me to warm up after I get chilled. I hate that its almost winter.

My gym is closed all week. The employees are going through training and re-certifying for CPR, AED and lifeguard stuff. So I ate on the low low end of my calorie spectrum. I wanted to either ride bikes or go for a walk, but, some stupid fishing boat lost a load of herring in the bay and all the dead rotting fish washed up on the beach and outside it smelled like rotting death and decay. So gross. And I live a block back from the beach and it still almost made me vomit when I was outside.

Rememberhowtosmile: size 12's rock. I put on a pair of size 14's this morning that I wanted to wear and they were so baggy they looked sloppy so I couldn't wear them. I need to buy size 12's.

Meredith: Hopefully once you get to school you'll have a renewed vigor for the lifestyle and your trepidations will go away. PS, I always find my ID's inthe back pockets of jeans I havn't worn in a coons age (how long is a coons age anyways?).

Arts: Just do it. Just decide to have a better day. Just say you are in control and just be in control.

Spoz: Binges are what they are. Just learn something from the situation even if its just that you don't have control 100% of the time and learn to accept that about yourself. Write about the binge in a journal, noting your feelings before the binge and after the binge and the next time you want to binge re-read your entry and see if that helps.

Caligirl: I'm proud of you for not using stress as an excuse to eat badly, but, you need to eat MORE! And, take a nap if you can fit one in. Being tired and stressed and not eating enough is a sure fire way to invoke illness. I know you can't slack off, but just take a few minutes out of your day for self care. And take a multivitamin if you are not already. I'm a mom, I can't help worrying and caretaking. So, take care of yourself!

Taylor86
09-25-2008, 04:24 PM
I have come to the conclusion that fat free cheese just gives the illusion of cheese. It is not real cheese just cheese colored.

So I ran out of 100 calorie packs so I am eating a salad with my tuna sandwich and I think I may switch to eating salads with my lunch cause you can eat a lot of more salad than 100 calorie packs. I also got this yummy Honey Mustard salad spray made by safeway...MMmmm

So I have explained to ya'll that my dad loves his red meat and his wine and once a week my bf and I go over there and eat dinner with him. Well, tonight is that night and I have been doing SO WELL these last 5 days that I don't wanna ruin it. So here's what I did: I know my dad is going to grill so I marinaded some chicken over night in this really yummy sauce and I already have my 1 cup o' brown rice in the fridge. He usually as salad stuff at his house so I will make a salad there and I have already factored in 2 glasses of wine with my dinner in dailyplate. I know he has diet coke at his house so I will treat myself to a few of those instead of more wine!

I know I can do this! Plus - I have my audition on monday and who want's to be bloated for that?

Personals later..I promise!

ghost
09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Great thinking Taylor! I heart diet coke...its my guilty pleasure. So, what kind of marinade do you use for your chicken. I'm getting bored with my chicken lately and have a whole bag of tenderloins in the freezer I could be eating but I can't think of a creative way to cook them that I havn't already worn out.

i am still trying
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
taylor- love your plan.

i am actually planning a dinner out at a girlfriends house tonight. She's making a soup, i think it's not cream based, and I am bringing a multigrain loaf of yummy bread and 4 delicious home made toffee cookies. 3 for her and 1 for me! Also, i think I am bringing a green salad. I think that should be good. soup, a small piece of bread, 1 cookie and a big salad. I hpoe I follow through with this plan. Lots of times I have the best intentions and then blow it!

here we go I agree, we're too hard on ourselves.

We're taking lots of steps in the right direction. getting healthier.I do understand those down days though, like I still feel like cr*p whenever a skinny girl walks by me on the street or wherever. i kind of feel obsessed. I look at ever girl and check out her weight. Not like I am judging her , but I am judging ME. I think, why can't I be that thin etc.

HeatherMcG
09-25-2008, 05:42 PM
We are too hard on ourselves. I come on here and comfort you guys and end up saying those same negative things about myself. The difference is, I don't comfort me. You know what I mean?

Ahh.... the sorrow of weight loss. :(

just keep swimming
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
We are too hard on ourselves. I come on here and comfort you guys and end up saying those same negative things about myself. The difference is, I don't comfort me. You know what I mean?

Totally. I always think if only I could take my own advice. I know I'm being sincere when I tell other people not to beat themselves up, get back on track, etc., so why don't we believe ourselves?!

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Here I am saying all of these great things and I have negative thoughts toward myself. It's like I can believe that someone else can it but it's harder for me.

ghost
09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
I've been listening to The Weightloss Diaries by Courtney Rubin on my iPod lately and she says something that hits home. She's talking to her dietician about how she feels about being fat and struggling with her diet and her dietician says "if you talked to a child the way you talk to yourself I'd have to call child protective services on you."
And you know what....she's right. I could never degrade my own child the way I degrade myself when it comes to food, diet and being fat.

HeatherMcG
09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
ghost, here we go again, just keep swimming... So true! I must be more positive! Maybe we need to set a goal about this?

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm in- tell me what our goal should be? lol

HeatherMcG
09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I dunno... .someone else be creative!

Taylor86
09-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I use all sort of marinades - from fat free italian dressing, BBQ...really ANYTHING UNDER 100 calories I will try at least once.

I have found this amazing one called Mango Curry from Safeway Selects. Yummy.

So, we might not end grill. I have to go to the apple store with my dad to pick something up and he might take us out...so cross your fingers for me. I am gonna try my best!

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Heather: How about everytime we think a bad thought about ourselves we don't dwell on it more than 5 seconds?

Star2Be
09-25-2008, 08:24 PM
So the packing madness continues... But I'm pretty close to being done now. And I was right, I'm feeling much better now. Still scared (and stilled PO'd about my ID, lol) but MUCH better.

I much confess--in addition to not eating well at Cracker Barrel last night, I also ate badly today. My parents took me out for lunch today and I just didn't care! I ate the most unhealthy-looking veggie burger I've ever seen (even the bun had grease on it!) and terrible (but delicious) french fries. Emotional eating, anyone? :o Heh, but I'm over it. The only thing bothering me is that I can feel the sodium circulating through my body and blowing me up like a balloon! So I've been drinking tons of water and wondering if I'll ever be hungry again... It should take about 3 days to work off the calories from that stupid burger. :rolleyes:

Ghost - You're probably right. I really think that once I get there, I'll be so excited about it that all my fears will go away. I know that I truly DO love my school, and ultimately I DO want to go back, but I guess it was a little scary to have the memory of all the things I don't love about it to come crashing down like that all at once. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Taylor86 - Oooooh, an audition! I have heard you mention auditioning for things several times before, and since I'm a singer/actress it always makes me very curious! Lol so what is the audition for? Break a leg!! Ps. Great job formulating the plan for dinner with your dad! I'm impressed. And good luck if you end up going out instead!

Here we go again et al - You all are so right! I'm very hard on myself; always have been. Sometimes that's not such a bad thing, because it makes me a very ambitious and hard-working person. But in a situation like this, I think we all need to remember that it's ok to be human and make mistakes... It sounds cliche, but no one IS perfect and no one gets through this without any slip-ups whatsoever! I know I (we!) can do this, and one little mistake (or even two, or three) is NOT going to undo all of your progress. Every once in a while I still have to remind myself that I cannot gain back 40 lbs in one day, because I really do get scared that I'll wake up one day and my body will be like "Just kidding! I decided to go back to my old form because you had french fries yesterday!" A mistake might cost you a couple lbs at the most, but the important thing is to recognize the mistake, mourn it for a little bit, and then GET BACK ON TRACK. That's the exact kind of thing that I would say to someone else who was feeling bad about something they did, but it can be so hard to take your own advice. :p

Star2Be
09-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Ps. I almost forgot!!! I have some good news today! After lunch I went to the drugstore with my mom to pick up some of her meds, and I did one of those blood-pressure-checker-things. My BP was 120/77! Woohoo!! :D I just wish I could remember what it was when I got it checked at the doctor in July (the infamous doctor's appt that was also the first real day of my weight loss!), but I KNOW that it was way higher. This is very special for me because both of my parents are on meds for high blood pressure and tons of other health problems that are linked to obesity--diabetes, high cholesterol/blood pressure, etc. It's scary to know how much being overweight can jack up your health, so it just reminds me that it's not too late for me to change and avoid all of the problems that they've had. That means so much to me!

RememberHowToSmile
09-25-2008, 10:31 PM
So today has been a really good day. I wore my size 12 jeans. I thought they looked really good on me but overall I thought I looked like a mess today. However I ran into one of my friends and his girl friend (I see him all the time and but I don’t see her very often) and she said hi then followed it wow you really are looking great. It’s always nice to get a complement when you fell you don’t look our best.

Transformer – I hate when I realize how bad my old favorites are for me. (And it is good to see you back).

Meredith – Totally understand the student ID problem use to have search to find mine every year. At least you’ll get a better photo if you have to get a new ID. Good luck packing. Great job with the blood pressure!!!

Arts – you can do it just focus and start slowly, record everything even if it is over your calories.

Spoz – Good job coming hear rather then binging.

Here We Go – I totally agree with you.

Cali – Hang in there you’ll survive.

Ghost – Where are you from? I am actually surprised we are still having nice weather in Michigan. The only problem with the extra skin in my waist I could never wear them with a tight shirt because you would see it however they fit perfect in the thighs and legs so with looser shirt and sweater they will work but with tight shirts I have to wear the looser 14s.

Taylor – Good luck on Monday. I’m sure you’ll do great. I totally agree about the fat free cheese, I normally do 2% rather then fat free it’s less plastic like. I also prefer the block 2% rather then the pre-shredded because the shredded doesn’t melt as well.

Ghost and Taylor – I’m addicted to diet coke too but after 3 pm I switch to diet caffeine free most days (except Thursday because of my long class schedule).

I’m still trying – Soup and salad sounds like a good plan, hmmm toffee cookies sound so good.

artsnsmarts
09-26-2008, 12:08 AM
YOU LADIES ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...coming back here and reading this has given me the motivation to get back on track. Also, today I was shopping at my favorite store (j.crew -- BEST.STORE.EVER.), and just for kicks and since they were so on sale, I grabbed a pair of size 12 trouser jeans, which I have always loved. THEY FIT PERFECTLY!! I'm so so excited, they're such a great buy!! I actually might go get another pair :) I also bought a sweater, IN A MEDIUM!!

I think this shows me that even though I've been a bit off track, my choices aren't as bad as they used to be. Even though I might not have been as diligently writing things down, I'm still considering what I'm eating and making conscious decisions.

ALSO -- I have a chance to sing for a VERY VERY powerful Broadway name in a few weeks. I met her a few days ago through a coach I've worked with once or twice, and the coach said "You've GOT to hear (my name) sing...this girl has got some serious pipes, and is a real actress." So in two weeks....I'm singing for her. EEK! So I need to get my breath support back (aka WORK OUTTTTTTTTTT!) and my confidence back as well. This is a huge huge huge huge huge opportunity for someone my age, and I can't let it run away from me!

Taylor86
09-26-2008, 01:16 AM
star2be I am theater and english major but I do mostly opera with Opera Colorado and Sante Fe Opera House .I don't study opera at my school because I hate the vocal department and everyone thinks they are "OmG So GoOd AnD LiKe TOtAlLy!" I take theory/voice from an outside school and avoid the 'drama' at my school. I am auditioning for a play called Hot L Baltimore so there is a part for a "soft bodied prostitute with a beautiful face" and she is basically crazy throughout the whole play and comes in to each scene with a different guy. It seemed too fun to pass up!

I did okay at my dads. I didn't end up eating my dinner at all and drank 5 glasses of wine. I have 308 calories left and now I am gonna go make a tuna sandwich. >.<

Blcarter84
09-26-2008, 03:12 AM
okay so i worked out pretty good at the gym today. And I ate a really healthy lunch and dinner. I was pretty down on my calories for the day since all I got in for breakfast was a yogurt. I sat down and was having a drink with my man when he opened up some doritos which I haven't had since I was in high school(so like 7 years) and I ate a whole bunch of them. EWWW I am never doing that AGAIN! I feel gross. I hope that doesn't mess up my progress. Well I guess that was only one mistake so not so terrible. I will try and wake up all refreshed before I have to go to wor\k.

Here we go again
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Good morning. Happy Friday!

I'm so glad it's Friday. I had a good day yesterday. I am confused. Last night I weighed after I ate dinner and worked out. I was 283 and I had been 286 that morning. This morning I weighed and I was 285. I'm always lighter in the morning until now. So weird.

I am happy to report that my skinny jeans are now really baggy on me. :) yay! I'm also wearing an XL tank top which is still amazing me that I'm wearing clothes from a regular store and not the plus section!

BellaHTH
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Ahhh Friday! This week has been a lot LOT better than last week, tolerable at least. I'm really trying to not live my life for "what's next", wanting things to just be over with and move on to when things are "better" because then my life will just pass me by. What's that quote, "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" ??? So I'm choosing today, to enjoy TODAY! With that said, yesterday was a really good day. Well, there was work -- blah. But after work I hung out with a friend, ordered some running shoes (the most I have EVER paid for a piece of clothing, EVER. but I think they will be worth it) and then we went out for Chinese. I haven't had in a long time, sesame tofu, and it was wonderful! I had half and took half home, HUGE thing for me. Then we went to her house and hung out, played with her dog (so cute, I wanted to take her home) and watched Grey's (ummm, it was mostly a downer episode). All in all it was a good evening. And then I got up this morning and worked out, so I'm proud of me. And tomorrow and I think I'm going to a cranberry festival.. should be fun!

Blcarter84 -- Don't you just hate that, when you aren't even really wanting to eat something, but it's there in front of you so you do? Anyways, I say partaking in Doritos every 7 years is ok... ;)

Taylor86 -- 5 glasses of wine and I'd be passed out on the floor! I'm not even joking, I can not handle alcohol like I used to. *sigh* Oh, that parts sounds super fun!!! I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

artsnsmarts -- My heart lept when I read your post, these are the moments that keep me motivated. Even just hearing you talk about yours helps me to imagine the moment when that will happen to me. To go clothes shopping again is a huge deal for me, I really enjoy fashion, not obsessed but I love pretty things! And that is so AMAZING about the audition!

RemeberHowToSmile -- Ahh, compliments are so nice to hear from people you wouldn't expect them from. I like to hear them but they still make me uncomfortable (yeah, I'm weird).

Star2Be -- Haha, I see you writing your posts just bouncing around! you can totally do the whole school things, and you are going to rock at it! Just remember to breath, you'll be ok. And that is so awesome about the blood pressure!

Here we go again -- your inspirational post brought tears to my eyes. We are all doing this amazing and challenging thing, but we are doing it! Thank you for that post. And I like the idea of not dwelling on the negative (hard as that is sometimes), sometimes it seems harder than being healthy!! ha! And YAY to the "baggy" skinny jeans!!

i am still trying -- I totally know what you mean about seeing a thin person and thoughts just popping into my head. Like, how do they make it look so EASY to be thin? Of course, that doesn't matter, cuz I need to do what works for me and what is best for my health. But at those moments, seeing those people, sometimes I want to scream "Life is NOT fair!" Eh, I don't have an answer or solution, except to just keep doing the work, it WILL pay off!!

ghost -- Only you know what you can handle, so don't beat yourself up! Plus, I'm sure you will look back and appreciate the time you are able to spend with your son now. It's never too late to go back to school! I can relate to the feeling weird mentally and the different perspective. It's a little unnerving for me as well. And also, eww to the fishy vomit smell...

caligirl98 -- Please remember to take care of yourself. :hug: I am sending you good energy and a little more energy!

Spoz -- You are doing an amazing job, one slip will NOT derail you!!! Just recognize it, and move on. You will not be defined by the lows, but rather by the accomplishments!!!

Taylor86
09-26-2008, 01:36 PM
yeah, it was a bad choice to not eat any dinner and have 5 glasses of wine. I made a bad choice when I got home. Damn. Oh well, I know for next time.

arts break a leg at the audition! That sounds so cool!

ghost
09-26-2008, 01:44 PM
yeah!!! its friday! I sooo need a weekend to just sleep. So, I finally found an ebay seller who will ship some dang pants to me! For all you ebay sellers out there, may I point out that if you don't ship to Alaska yet you claim to ship to the United States, you are a liar. It doesn't cost a single penny more to ship to Alaska, and there is absolutly no customs to ship to Alaska, we are a part of the US. So, I'm getting two new pairs of size 12 pants, hopefully soon because I'm looking pretty sloppy in my size 14's.

I'm wiped out today. I just want to take a long nap.

Here we go again
09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Ghost- That's awesome! Size 12 great job.

It's been quiet around here. On my lunch break I went and splurged. My skinny jeans are too big so I went shopping and I'm down a size! Yay. I don't know if it's officially down but it is in retrospect. My regular jeans are size 4 and Lane Bryant. My skinny jeans that are too big are 18. So I went to LB cus they were having a sale. I got a size 2 so I really don't know where I'm at but they fit good. I wish it was regular sizes so I know what they are. grrr. lol

Iconised Ghost
09-26-2008, 06:19 PM
here we go again: that is awesome progress, you must be feeling on top of the world :carrot:

I've had one of those weeks where you stress over all the little things you know? from losing keys, to not getting enough work done, to being late, to eating to a little bit too much every night, its been driving me nuts :dizzy: thank god its the weekend

Taylor86
09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I got the Hungry Girl Cookbook today! It is so AWESOME! I love it and I am so willing to post anything you girls are looking for. Just let me know - there are some really AMAZING and easy stuff in there! It's got low-cal margaritas, chocolate, breakfasts, coffee drinks, smoothies..really anything! Just let me know!

I made a "Bacon cheese burger" from the HG cookbook for lunch.
It was a boca burger, light bun, jenni-o turkey bacon and a slice of fat free cheese and 1/2 a tablespoon of light miracle whip. So yummy and I believe it was only 260 calories!

I got a new audition outfit today at Lane Bryant. Not all black, but black pants, a maroon blouse and a black button down sweater. It looks super good!

It kinda sucks I have lost 22 inches and only one pant size. I have lost 2 shirt sizes though. I think it has to do with my butt. I have a white girl booty which I actually love but I just wish it would momentarily make itself smaller when I try on pants. Oh well.

I am sorta being bad right now - I am drinking a giant diet coke. I feel bad cause I know that diet coke isn't the best for me but gosh - I guess it is better than the Cheetos I would love to be eating right now. MMmm Cheetos.

here we go I know, the LB sizes drive me nutty! I am a red 3 and I think that is a 18/20...I am not sure. But GREAT JOB with the weight loss and getting into a smaller size! You go girl!

iconised ghost I totally understand about the little things stressing you out. I can get into the bad habit of stressing out about every little thing - but oddly enough if I am eating healthy and taking care of myself the little things seem to get smaller.

bellaI know, it's kind bad about how much I can drink at one time but one thing I never do is drive. Ever. It was a bad choice to drink and not eat, though. I won't do that again. Great job on taking 1/2 of your food home! I can never seem to do that!

Taylor86
09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Ever just felt like you need to buckle down? Yeah, I am there. I just need to put my game face on and go for this. I have been fiddling with this for too long - I am gonna get serious.

artsnsmarts
09-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Taylor -- It's good to not wear all black for an audition!! Soooo many people wear all black to auditions and it just makes you forgettable! ALSO -- my biggest piece of advice is to wear memorable shoes!! Think about it...everyone behind the table needs a place to look and in order to avoid awkwardness, a lot of times they'll look at your shoes!! I've gotten callbacks JUST BECAUSE my wearing not-normal shoes has sparked a conversation. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true!!

AND I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU ON FEELING LIKE I NEED TO BUCKLE DOWN!! Let's doing a Taylor/Arts joint buckle down starting immediately tomorrow morning!! (I just say that since I'm not planning on eating anything else tonight...) Sound like a plan?

i am still trying
09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
taylor- I had that feeling a month ago, and so far not bad for me. a little slip here and there, but I really did get serious.

Is the Hungry Girl Cookbook in chapters?I might buy it, sounds good.

I have the Looney Spoons Cookbook which is the best cookbook EVER for low fat delicious recipies. Maybe it's a Canadian thing? Because it's pretty popular here and they actually have made at least one more of thier cookbooks. I for sure recommend Looney Spoons. I like using the recipies for get togethers so that I know I am bringing something Yummy but healthy too.

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
arts Totally sounds like a plan to me! Buckle down is a total go! Yeah, I love my black clothes but since I am going for a prostitute I thought a lacy blouse under my black button up would look good. Shoes? I have zerba ones from Ann Taylor that might work but they are 4 inch heels....I will think about it. And I always wear the same thing to the call back so they know who I am. GO BUCKLE DOWN! :hug:

I am still tryingThe HG cookbook is in chapters and it so much fun to read! Yeah something just clicked for me. Even though I have been staying within my calories my choices still could be better....and no more "bites" of the boyfriends stuff!

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 06:50 AM
iconised ghost I totally understand about the little things stressing you out. I can get into the bad habit of stressing out about every little thing - but oddly enough if I am eating healthy and taking care of myself the little things seem to get smaller.

Yes, on days where i work out everything else seems to just fall into place easier. I have no idea why, you would think that adding another thing into your day would make the other things worse :dizzy: good luck with your audition!

i am still trying
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
I hear you about the 'bites' of the boyfriends food. i do that ALL the time!! And then it's really hard to count those calories because I'm sure exactly how much I ate etc...

Is anyone exercising today? Need some motivation. It's super rainy here and so I could do a DVD I have, kickboxing....

Star2Be
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Just checking in today! WOW, I have missed so much! Haha. Yesterday was the infamous 6-hour drive to Chicago with my parents and a mini-van jammed to the brim with all my stuff, hehe. The drive was ok, though I wanted to throttle my mother a couple times. ;) We basically dumped my stuff in my room (and I got a replacement ID :rolleyes:) and then went to move my brother (who also lives in Chicago) out of his THIRD FLOOR apt (with NO ELEVATOR). My dad is very overweight and can't really make it up the stairs, and my mom is extremely lazy (no REALLY though) so guess who ended up doing ALL the work? Lol. I would have been more angry about it if it weren't for the fact that I kept thinking Okaaay, here's my workout for the day! LOL. Carrying tons of heavy boxes up and down 2 flights of stairs? Sounds like a workout to me! Heh. But I was surprised at how good my stamina was. I helped him move IN to this apt last spring and I remember it being much harder to make it up and down the stairs then! So that was kinda cool. :dizzy:

ANYWAYS, the really good news is: remember the guy I was talking about, from Facebook (LOL)? I ran into him!! And it was before I got all sweaty and nasty from moving in/out; it was right when I arrived at my dorm and was still looking really cute (at least I thought so, heh). He seemed really happy to see me and gave me a hug right away! I was in a big hurry to get all my stuff moved in, so I didn't have much time to talk, but he helped me with a couple of my things and said he wanted to see my room (OoOoO! haha, jk) and he definitely seemed to make a note of my room number/location, muahaha. But I told him that there wasn't anything in it yet (which was true) but he should definitely come back tomorrow (i.e. today) so we could catch up. I'm all settled in now with all of my little decorative touches everywhere - I'm a little obsessive about splattering my personality all over the room to make it feel like it's "mine" - so he's free to come by anytime! LOL.

I weighed in today and I'm at 224.2--I don't want to change my ticker yet, but hopefully tomorrow or SOON I'll be officially down a pound! With my bad eating at Cracker Barrel and the fried nastiness that I had with my parents on Thursday, I gained 1-2 lbs. It's good to see that I'm back on track again (LOL if I had a nickel for every time I've said that... JK :p) and I am very optimistic that I will reach my mini-goal before the end of next week! Wish me luck, everyone!!

Here we go again
09-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Star- that's awesome that you saw the boy and that you survived the trip. What a great workout.

So this morning I weighed in. I was 282. Yay! T- 285, W-286 Th- 285 F 283 Sat 282. I had gone up when I changed my cals to 2200. I think it's starting to work. I ate 2300 yesterday. I had sushi with lots of good stuff! Of course, I had non fat frozen yogurt. It had been a long time. I think body is liking the increase in calories along with all of the workouts I'm doing. I'm not on here much through the weekend but I won't be as busy.

taragettingthin
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
My DD is gone since yesterday till next Sunday. She went to visit her father with the grandma and some other people to Colorado. I told myself that when she's gone, I am going to work out more and eat healthier and so on...but it's already falling down... I just don't have motivation for anything. Like yesterday, I woke up at 12 or 1 (since I went to bed at 430) and didn't eat anything till like 4. Same thing today. I still haven't ate anything..and I've been up since 10'ish.. Just don't feel like eating. It's one of my bad habit... when I'm by myself, I don't really feel like eating... More like too lazy to eat. haha... I'm going to go run 3 miles and maybe do some DVD too... I know I really gotta do this because I only got 13 days left till Korea..and I want to see 160's before I leave..I saw 174 this morning.

Here, Congrats on 282. You are almost to 270's. Yay!
Star, Good luck on your mini-goal. I know you can do it!
Icon, I think the reason we get more motivated when we work out is the adrenaline... Maybe? I remember that even when I wake up an hour early to work out, I had more energy because I worked out. On the days I get to sleep in but no work out, I was more tired...
Taylor, HG Cookbook? Hmmm... Sounds very tempting. The only cookbook I have is from Korea..and although it's not fattening or anything like that, it's not all low fat, low carb, and so on... not really healthy conscious book. I may really have to look into it when I come back from Korea.
Arts, How about Taylor/Art/Tara buckle down? I really NEED TO do this. I mean... I'm going to be meeting people I haven't seen in almost 5 years!!

HeatherMcG
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi girls..

You are gone one day and miss so much! So I weighed in today, I know, I know, my day is Monday but I just couldn't help it! And, I am 270!!!!!

So close to the 260's.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Enjoy and relax as much as possible. :)

Here we go again
09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Target: thanks! I can't wait to be in the 270's!

Heather- that's awesome! You go girl!

I'm feeling good today. I'm going to do some things for me today. :)

taragettingthin
09-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Here we go, Glad to hear that you are feeling good. We all need to do some things for ourselves...and have ME time... (I need to take my own advice, too. lol)

Heather, YAY! YAY! :cheer:

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 04:00 PM
OK, so basically we should start a buckling down/positive self-talk thread!!

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
I feel like I have been just "floating" through this weight-loss journey for the last two months. Not really totally engaged but not totally going back to my old habits. I mean, I know small choices everyday add up but I also think that I could make more whole-some healthy food choices. I also haven't been working out as much as I should be.

My excuse for working out is that I am auditioning on monday and if I do get in the play rehearsals are 4-8 monday - friday (I go to school 8am-3:45pm everyday but friday) so I don't know when I am gonna make time to workout because waking up early is just not an option so why start working out hard now if I can't keep up with it...excuses, excuses, excuses...blah blah blah.

The food thing is a little easier to commit too now that I have the HG cookbook. 90% of the stuff in there has 4 steps or less and takes almost no cooking at all and food has always been the thing I put my effort towards.

I wish I could have the motivation to even do my homework today. I am just drinking water and watching Americas Next Top Model feeling very.....fat.

HeatherMcG
09-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh Taylor. I am sorry! You have a great start. Try to dig deep, around the excuses and reconnect with the reason you are trying to get healthy. Throw away those excuses and find some motivation. I know you can do it because anyone can do it with hard work!!! Keep your head up and good luck at your audition!

Here we go- Okay. I will do the challenge. No negative thoughts for more than 5 seconds! Good idea!

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey, I'm watching the America's Next Top Model marathon too!

Positive self-talk and buckling down! We can do it!

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I love watching the drama of Americas Next Time Model. Crying over the littlest thing....fighting over beds....

The b*tch inside me likes to make fun of them cause I can't get away with it anywhere else.

Well I haven't had the motivation to go to the gym but I did make an AWESOME lunch. Hummus, turkey, light bread, salad, 1 serving of progresso light soup. It made me feel like I went to Penera (sp?) Bread....but I saved about 4890586095.5 calories and I still have 1.048 calories left for today! Woot.

The boy and I are grilling chicken tonight. I have been marinating it for 2 days so it should be really moist! That with some grilled veggies and brown rice for dinner...yum!

...I am stalking the boards today..can you tell?

HeatherMcG
09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I am being a board stalker too...... hubby is playing COD4 online and I can't stand to watch it for hours. lol

JellyBean32882
09-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey, is the Hungry Girl Cookbook popular? I keep hearing lots swear by that cookbook, do you lose weight with the recipes?

i am still trying
09-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I wish i could board stalk today. I am running around with this catering w are doing . My husband owns a restaurant and today there is a weddign we're catering (along with the daily restaurant). The thing is that the hall is a 5 min. walk from my house so i have been back and forth like 5 time already. AND i am headig back in 30 mins. I guess it's some form of exercise since I never ended up doing kickboxing :(

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 05:38 PM
jelly No, not exactly. It is a low-calorie/low-fat cook book. It also works with weigh watchers and has point values for everything on the book. Here is the website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Ooh, I'm board stalking a little bit too. We are getting absolutely DRENCHED with rain this weekend, so I can't really go outside. Still gotta get to the gym though. In fact, I think I'm going to do that now!

My new favorite flavor combo is hummus & taboule. Yummy and low-cal! Put in on a wrap or a pita and fill with veggies! Delish! Also, have you guys tried the Joseph's flax, oat bran, and whole wheat tortillas? SO good and only 60 cals for the pita and 70 for a wrap!!

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Get out! Those sound so good. I eat sarah lee multi grain light bread. 4 grams of fiber and 90 calories. I just wish I had time to wonder around the store and just...discover new things.

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Ode To Gym.

To my dearest gym,

When I use you,

you make me feel so slim

But why, oh why

can you make me feel so grim

When we spend time together I sweat

It kinda makes me want a cigarette

I curse, I yell, I cry, I b*tich

At times I can even scream

In a high pitch

I wish I could just sit here and refuse your call

Or I could just bang my head against this wall

I know that if I want to be HOT

I better get my *** in gear

And do a squat

Oh gym, how I loathe thee

But I know we both agree

That fat is something

I'd rather not be

Poorly written - I know, but I thought some of you would get a kick out of it. Enjoy!

Chele615
09-27-2008, 06:37 PM
just keep swimming.....I'm from "Red Sox Nation" too and I'm already sick of the rain!!! haha We had a short bit of time this morning when there was a bit of sun out and I couldn't believe it almost!! haha

I am currently watching "A League of Their Own". I adore this movie so much...but it's getting near the end of the movie and I hate the ending! haha I am tempted to find something else to watch instead of the ending. LOL

HeatherMcG
09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
taylor- too funny!:lol:

You should really get buy some rights to that before it ends up on every other weight loss site! lol

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
"When we spend time together I sweat

It kinda makes me want a cigarette"

I like that bit best :D

Ok, between sunday and wednesday i gained 2kg, between wednesday and sat i lose 2kg, and then over night i gained 2kg. That so cannot be accurate right??

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Taylor - that is so awesome!! :lol:

Chele - For real, this weather is a little ridiculous. I had to drive in the city last night in the pouring rain. Not my favorite activity!

Iconised - Could be water weight, could be that your scale is broken! My digital scale was being sketchy like that, so I switched back to my trusty analog one. I do wish it would measure fractions of pounds, though, since I am losing SLOWLY. ;)

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 08:51 PM
i thought it was water weight the first time, so i have been drinking plenty since wednesday, seemed to be working until this morning! Maybe i should try using my gym's scale, only thing is i cant weigh myself naked there ;) As for fractions of pounds, i guess thats one advantage of the metric system, being able to weigh yourself in grams

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Man, what ISN'T an advantage of the metric system, really? I wish the US would just freaking switch already. :lol:

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 09:13 PM
:D i must admit i am far more partial to metrics, but i grew up with it so i'm biased ;)

just keep swimming
09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I work in a chemistry lab, and we measure everything with the metric system. It really is much easier to use, in my opinion. And now this has become a rather nerdy conversation. :lol:

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I do not miss rain and snow that's for sure. It is sunny like everyday here(I just moved here 4 months ago from michigan). I can't wait until winter comes just so I can remember why I moved out here!!!

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I am *almost* through saturday!!!! I hate weekends food - wise. Bleh. Get through tomorrow and I have gotten through a full weekend with no binge and if I workout tomorrow I get a dancing carrot!

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I work in a chemistry lab, and we measure everything with the metric system. It really is much easier to use, in my opinion. And now this has become a rather nerdy conversation. :lol:

nerdy conversations are my specialty 8)

go get that dancing carrot taylor!

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Yay for dancing CARROTS!! I WANT ONE

Taylor86
09-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, I think you should get one. I have read a bunch of your posts and you kicking some major butt!! So, consider this your very own dancing carrot! :carrot:

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 10:36 PM
YEAH!! I am sceaming right now you just can't hear me. I love the dancing carrot. I can't wait til Ican post my ticker and everything.....ugh seems like it takes FOREVER:):) Gotta......keep......running.

Iconised Ghost
09-27-2008, 10:36 PM
you can have one from me too! :carrot:

Chele615
09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
I do not miss rain and snow that's for sure. It is sunny like everyday here(I just moved here 4 months ago from michigan). I can't wait until winter comes just so I can remember why I moved out here!!!

I know I always complain every winter, but I don't think I would survive a winter without snow!!! haha Last winter, it was 65 degrees in January for about a week and I was getting depressed because it wasn't cold! haha Plus, I'm a teacher....and I look forward to snow days and late delays much more now as a teacher than I ever did as a student ;) LOL

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Sweet 2 Dancing CARROTS WOOHOO!!!!
And ummm I lived in alabama for almost a year and LOVED That it didnt' snow onece Just didn't like Hurricane Katrina much but ya know thats how it goes

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 01:23 AM
My boyfriend is making pancakes. This is not okay. But I made myself a yummy turkey sandwich with my extra 200 or so calories. I also got light hamburger buns...they are soo cute! These little hamburger buns for only 80 calories and I put a fat free kraft single and some mustard and bit of turkey. WOOT. Pancakes must die!

I will get some whole wheat/lite/fiber pancakes some day...then add fruit.

BellaHTH
09-28-2008, 01:55 AM
bellaI know, it's kind bad about how much I can drink at one time but one thing I never do is drive. Ever. It was a bad choice to drink and not eat, though. I won't do that again. Great job on taking 1/2 of your food home! I can never seem to do that!

Ahhhh, no! I wasn't judging, I swear! I'm so sorry if it came across that way. That was me being jealous of people who can handle alcohol, and missing a time when I used to be able to...a long time ago. Which, now that I think about it, is kinda warped on my end and just reminds me of a time in my life when I was more social... But at this point in my life, if I turned to alcohol at all, it would definitely become a problem that I wouldn't be able to stop, so I can't start. *another sigh*

But I AM happy to hear no drinking and driving, it's just never necessary and not worth it. :D

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Oh, no no. Totally didn't take it that way. No worries, babe.

BellaHTH
09-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Ok, good. Heww.

OMG, I have to go to bed now, I'm becoming a doof.

Iconised Ghost
09-28-2008, 02:39 AM
whats a doof? >.< is it like a doofus?

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 02:46 AM
I think so...

Star2Be
09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
LOL as far as I know, doof is short for doofus. I love calling myself a doof! :D

Well yesterday was certainly an interesting day. I didn't eat REALLY well, but I did myself proud, I'd say. Fruit for breakfast, steamed vegetables & spinachy rice for lunch, and then for dinner I went to a restaurant and ordered a veggie burrito (it sounded like a healthy one--with black beans and no sour cream or guac) but it came with a huge side of rice and beans (again, black beans), so I just ate that instead and saved the burrito for my lunch today! I can't think of the last time I EVER saved half a meal from a restaurant! So that's a pretty big accomplishment. Then I was at this special event at my school where a local museum opens up exclusively for the students one night at the beginning of the year, and of course there were tons of "refreshments" everywhere--cookies, brownies, and free soda up the wazoo! But all I had was 1/4 a brownie (they were already cut in half, and I had half of the half LOL) and threw the other half away, then a bit later I had half a cookie and threw the other half away. And lots of water! I couldn't believe that I actually did that, though... I can't remember the last time I threw away anything tasty, haha. Plus since my campus is HUGE and I walk everywhere, plus I went up/down lots of stairs at the museum and other places, I feel like I burned twice the calories that I typically would in one day. I haven't weighed in yet today, but I'm hoping it will be good news! :D I'll come back later after I do.

Chele615
09-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Good for you Meredith on making good choices, even if it meant having to throw away brownies and cookies. I always find it really difficult to control myself when things are just laying around waiting for people to eat them. It's a lot harder to resist the cookies when there's a big pile of them there, screaming out your name ;) LOL

The local supermarket makes their own brand of yogurts and I found "Caramel Creme" flavor recently and it's so good. It doesn't really taste much like a caramel creme candy, but I like it. It was actually my breakfast this morning. Well, it was more like a late breakfast since I didn't eat it until around 11:30am. I am getting a bit hungry again, but I am trying to hold off until 2 to have lunch. I just poured myself a huge glass of water to see if that helps at all.

It's been pouring here all weekend, so although I have made it to the gym both days, it's still turning into "lazy days" which is why I want to try really hard not to go too out of control today.

BellaHTH
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
whats a doof? >.< is it like a doofus?

Haha yes, "doof" is the lazy shortened version of "doofus". It was pretty late and I was having a hard time forming coherent thoughts. I shouldn't be allowed to communicate with anyone at these times because I just end up making a fool of myself...

Star2Be -- That is so awesome about your completely outstanding choices for food restraint!!! It sounds like you are starting out the school year on a high note. Yay!

Chele615 -- I love good finds at the market. And isn't it strange how we can sometimes "trick" our brains/bodies with a glass of water? Definitely a helpful tip.

Well, I went to Cranberry Fest yesterday, and we walked around for 5 HOURS without sitting once, so that was why I couldn't form coherent thoughts last night. It was a giant craft festival with just about every single different kind of sellable item on the plant. I kid you not! The weather was nice, a little warm, and not much of the food appealed to me (a lot of meat on a stick and super fried things). I got some sweet potato fries, lemonade, and a few Bavarian almonds. I also got to see a lot of dogs, which was probably my more favoritest part ever! Today is my day of rest...:dizzy:

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Well I am sitting here at my favorite watering hole trying to get some inspiration for my english homework. I thought that a nice diet vodka ( 60 calories) might get my blood moving. If drinking and writing is good enough for Hemingway its good enough for me.

I might grab some lunch here too. They have a great veggie burger with a side of broccoli and a bake potato.... now if I can only find the strength to avoid that queso....

Here we go again
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
wow! I missed alot. haven't read everything yet, but I wanted to share. I weighed today. I'm 281!!!!!! After being stuck around 282 and up to 286 for two months I'm down a pound. I'm so stinking excited.

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
YOU GO GIRL!!! I am so happy for you.

taragettingthin
09-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing good... I just came back from a baby shower, and actually did okay, had only half of the sandwich. ;)

Well, when I got to the baby shower, I was trying to figure out where it was being held...because the hotel has its own restaurant. I wasn't sure if it was at the restaurant or the hotel itself. So I'm standing at the parking lot trying to figure it out and make a phone call. This guy pulls up in huge truck and asks me if I ate yet. I was like EXCUSE ME?! He then points at the restaurant and asked again if I ate. I said No and he asks me to get in his truck! I was like No..I got a shower to go to, and he kept begging me, calling me baby, and all that. I felt.. I dunno...flattered but more freaked out. I was walking down the parking lot away from him towards the entrance of the hotel and he was following me in his truck keep asking me to get on his truck because he has been looking for a woman like me and so on.. Yuck...scary...

Anyways... Someone on here talked about romaine lettuce and hummus. So I went and got it last week...and I already finished the lettuce. Not the hummus, which is good...but they really are soo good together. Even my 2 year old DD loved it. ;)

Here we go again
09-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you!!!! 270's here I come.

Here we go again
09-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Target: I'm so glad you liked it! I love it so much better than chips.

HeatherMcG
09-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Here We Go Again- Congrats on your loss!! I am so proud you beat your plateau! :D

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I love hummus! Turkey and hummus sandwiches are the best.

So, as you guys know I am sitting at my local bar having a few drinks and doing homework. I am really watching it on the drinks - only had one so far (60 calories a piece) and between them I am drinking just plain diet coke. I know I can handle it....but the boy just ordered the queso. My favorite. I did ask for a side of veggies to make the damage minimal. >.<

Chele615
09-28-2008, 06:14 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with food/diets/exercise/etc, but I figured I would still share. My dad took my car to get the oil changed this afternoon and he comes home, asking over and over again if I had opened up the hood for anyone to look under it anytime recently. Seriously, I'm such a stereotypical girl that I don't even know where the thing to pop the hood is! haha So, it's not been opened since the last time I got my oil changed about 5 months ago.

Turns out, the mechanic found a random screwdriver hanging out in my engine. He said that I was lucky because if the screwdriver had hit certain parts of the engine, it could have cost $1000 of damage. I seriously don't think it's been opened since the last time I got my oil changed, so I find it amusing that the person who found it could have actually been the one who left it there in the first place. LOL

Taylor86
09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Now the boy wants chipotle. I am gonna cry.

Blcarter84
09-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Taylor you can do it!!! Me onthe other hand..i haven't been having a very good day. I woke up and got ready for the gym and got to fighting with my boyfriend which after an hour all I had time for was getting in the shower and going to work. So I was bummed about that, then I was at work and should have been cut at 3:45 but instead I got another table at 4 and didn't get ou of there until 5:15 which made my boyfriend late for work(we work at the same place) Then i get home and do my regular checking out websites. I went on my myspace and saw that my son's father is going to have another baby in april, whcih makes me angry because he already has 2 sons 8 months apart and he never has sent me any money to help me out and 2 weeks ago he said he was gonna start sending me like 50 bucks a week to help out. Now that he is going to have another baby(with a girl he ha sbeen with since april) I am out of luck on the money thing for sure. So anyways that is my day. It really makes me wanna go out to eat with my son!!!!!

just keep swimming
09-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Ooh, Here we go, congrats!!

Taylor - Stay strong! :cheer2:

Tara - That is such a creepy story. Why do people think it's OK to behave like that?

Blcarter - Wow, that is a really tough situation. I wish I had some helpful advice... I do have a hug! :hug:

OK, that's it, I am officially recommitting myself to losing this weight.

Taylor86
09-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Jessica. I am right there with you. I am trying but it doesn't seem to be clicking like I thought it would.....I think I ate my motivation..

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Taylor- you're so funny. I have to use that. "I think I ate my motivation" Did you go to Chipoltle?

Are this talk about hummus, I just had me some with crispy romaine lettuce. It was so good.

Blcarter84
09-29-2008, 01:14 AM
So really how can I get my own dancing carrot

Star2Be
09-29-2008, 03:18 AM
I don't have time to write much (bedtime! first day of classes tomorrow! :eek:) but I just had to say CONGRATS to Here we go again!!! I am sooo happy for you that you managed to break out of that plateau! You'll be in the 270s in no time. ;)

In other news, when I finally weighed in today I had a bit of controversy. When I first stepped on it said 224.2, and I thought, Aww bummer I did all that exercising and healthy eating yesterday and I didn't even get a teeny tiny loss! BUT then I stepped on again and it said 223.4... Tried a few more times and it said that every time after that, but I still wasn't satisfied. Grr, stupid scale! But at any rate, at least I didn't gain. I'm going to see what the scale says tomorrow before I change my ticker. :rolleyes:

In other good news, tonight I got to hang out with the boy I'm a little hung up on (yes, the one who wrote on my Facebook wall!) for an entire HOUR! Could've been longer but he has class early tomorrow and really needed to get to bed. It was pretty blissful... He hugged me goodbye... I'm a little bit giddy as can be right now!! :o

Wish me luck with my first day of classes tomorrow! Blech.

Iconised Ghost
09-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Chele- that cracked me up! :D

Tara- that is really creepy O_O I would have run a mile. Of course i can out run a truck!