100 lb. Club - Menu/Accountability/Daily Plans - week of Sept. 22 - 29

Beverlyjoy
09-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Do you need a place to put down your daily menu or plans? Maybe accountability would be helpful. Or- would you like a little extra support or a chat. Please join us here!

Beverlyjoy
09-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi Chicks... I stayed on my plan yesterday - I am grateful (5 solid days).

Today is storytelling for seniors and office work.

meditation - done!
stretches - done!
log food
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - refried beans, lite cheese, and salsa on ak mak crackers, spaghetti squash with parm
snack - small bowl cereal, some blueberries, 1/3c skim milk
dinner - pancakes (made with 3 egg whites), boca bacon, sfsyrup, sliced tomatoes
snack -strawberries, trail mix, yogurt

MJ - thanks for the pat on the back! Your girls sound wonderful! Sounds like they have wonderful peronalities. It's great that they are so good with kids too. It's sweet that they want to see their new friend!

Schmoodle, Rhonda, Ginger - your personals are in Sundays post. Hi to you.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Schmoodle
09-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey, chicks! Happy Monday and here's to a fresh start for an on-plan and productive week. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are refreshed and ready to attack the week.

Poor DS is mad at me. I got him up to get ready for school before I realized they have a two hour late start today. At least I realized before he went out to catch the bus! DD gets to sleep in because I realized before waking her, so he thinks this is very unfair. I would think so too! At least he gets to enjoy 2 hours of morning loafing!

My plan for the day:
B: cranberry beans and collard greens, coffee with milk
S: hardboiled egg
L: WW taco wrap, NSA fudgesicle
S: skim latte, apple with almond butter
D: Cream of broccoli chicken soup, roasted green beans
S: skim NSA hot chocolate

Sounds yummy, right?

mj5
09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone! It's another gorgeous fall day here today. After I eat, I am going to run an errand, just to get outside for a bit! I AM going to the gym right after work--tonight is legs/back and cardio.

Beverlyjoy--Yea for another OP day!

Schmoodle--Oops! oh well, 2hrs of loafing can be good too! Yes, your menu sounds yummy to me!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great OP day! I'll check back later!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Friends!

Hubby and I are off work today. Nothing special, just using up some vacation time for the year. Use it or lose it. After getting the girls off to school, I went back to bed and slept until 11.:D Now, I'm doing a little catch-up here at 3FC before tackling some cleaning.

Yesterday, I went for my free 1 hour session with the personal trainer. I left the fitness center feeling weak, shakey and somewhat nauseous. I can't wait until those days are past. However, I am looking forward to some nice shapely metabolism boosting muscles.:D Today, I think every single muscle is sore.

Have a great on-plan day.

mj5
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Rhonda--An hour w/ a trainer, that sounds really cool, hard work, but cool.

Ok, I need some advice. One of my sil's (one I actually like) asked me to speak at her weight loss meeting on a Monday night. They live 2 hours away, so it would have to be when we have some time off if I decide to do it, but I don't know if I should or not....I guess I should get more info. Talking in front of groups isn't that big of a deal (I get a little nervous, but not bad--I do that all the time at work), but weight loss is pretty personal, not sure if I want to share w/ a group that I am not a part of....what do you think?

kissingginger
09-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Hey ladies,

Okay, sleeping in Girlygirl????- that's just not right!!! till 11!!!! (insert major jealousy here....). Having a trainer sounds cool, maybe your shakes and nausea will get better soon..let's hope!

Schmoodle - with kids, sometimes you just can't win. It wasn't fair, but in your defense you didn't wake him on purpose. Hey, we all forget things and make mistakes.

Beverly, I love that you post your food plan. I wish I could mine, I'm just not there yet (organized enough) and I'm eating well, but still "on the fly"...do you know what I mean?

mj5- mmmm...I totally understand what you are asking. Weight loss is a personal topic, but WOW! I think I would feel so honored that someone thought I lost enough weight that I could inspire others! Maybe find out more, like what kind of weight loss group is it, and what kinds of attitudes and beliefs come from the meetings, that might help knowing before hand. I would be a bit nervous too...mmm I would start by asking more questions.

Went to the gym tonight. It was interesting. Got my 2 hours in including spinning and treadmill, and weights. No abs tonight, they are just too sore.

Cheers,
Ginger

mj5
09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Good Morning!

Last night I went through my side of the closet and moved some things around--I pulled out some capris and jeans that are too big (yea!). I need to do the same things w/ shirts, but I ran out of time. Some pants that were too small, fit again! Yippee!

Ginger--Great job at the gym!!!! Yea, I think I need to get more info from my sil....

Rhonda--Wow, 11am! I haven't done that since, well...I can't even remember!

I was just looking at my calendar and realized that I have been OP for 35 days straight! it would have been 46, but I forgot to eat breakfast one day!!!! I cannot believe it. I cannot start taking things for granted. I have to keep doing what works.

I want to thank each of you for your support. Without you, I would not be able to do this!!!! Great job everyone!!!

Beverlyjoy
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi chicks - I had fun with my neighbors last night - we had our annual Dancing with the Stars kick off show gathering. Alexandra (12), Blake (6)(a girl) and their mom have always come over to watch the first show. .:dancer: It's a nice tradition. Had put out frozen grapes, fresh strawberries and other healthy snacks. I said that they didn't need to bring anything. But, they brought pumpkin bread and trail mix made with teddy grahams, and other goodies. I didn't have 'my mind in the right place'. I did over eat and then did some 'grazing' when they left - and feel kind of mad at myself. :(It's kind of amazing how I can go thru an entire weekend of wedding company, meals out and a wedding party and do fine....then, get tripped by homemade trail mix. What I've learned is that I must be willing to push thru the feelings of wanting, wanting, wanting food that I don't need. :dizzy: Always a learning process.

But, I am planning for a healthy day today.:D

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, strawberries
lunch - cottage cheese, lima beans, tomatoes
snack - yogurt and cereal
dinner - turkey polish sausage, green beans with mushrooms
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana milk

MJ - 35 days OP is utterly fantastic. :bravo:That's wonderful. I am so, so glad that tight clothes are now fitting!

Ginger - great job at the gym - I am so happy that you can work it into your busy schedule. :) I do like posting my food plan...putting it down keeps it from spinning around in my head. Once in a while it changes as the day goes on, but, at least it give me some sanity with choices being made ahead.

Rhonda - wow...sleeping that late is amazing. I am a very early riser! You must have needed it. I noticed on another thread that you have lost weight this week. :cp::cp:YAY. I am glad you got your time with the trainer. Do you think youl'll use the trainer again?

Schmoodle...oh the stories I could tell about getting people up at the wrong time. It happens to everyone. Good plan. Have a GREAT day. :D

Hi to everyone that stops by...join in. It helps.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning, Bluesers!

Today is on-plan day #9. Calorie counting and eating healthy is working well. I'm clear headed and optimistic for the first time in quite a while. The only problem I'm having right now is that I'm very very sore from my weight machine workout on Sunday. You should see me trying to sit or go up the stairs! I was planning on going back for more weights today, but I think I'll need to postpone that for another day. Today, I will do another 60 minutes of the beginner's running program despite the pain.

Ginger - I just realized that my abs don't hurt at all. Hmmmmm...maybe I need an additional ab workout.

MJ - Maybe I'm just different, but I don't feel like my weight loss journey is very private. But, then again, I'm not a very private person. I would welcome an opportunity to talk with others about my losses and my thoughts on weight loss. Maybe you would say the one thing that makes someone open their eyes and see this journey in a new light?

Beverly - I definitely want to have personal training sessions. Maybe, I'll ask for this for Christmas. I do think I would want a different trainer...maybe, a woman in her 40's who understands a bit about a "more mature" woman's view of weight loss. :D She didn't seem to understand that I wasn't there for strictly for looks. I'm more concerned with the health aspects like my thinning bones and the visceral (internal) fat. I guess she isn't used to this.

I'm playing catchup today at work to make up for my 2 days vacation. Should be a fun day.

Have a great on-plan day!

Schmoodle
09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Good morning ladies! We need some guys around here!
Rhonda, you're not supposed to have to "catch up" from your vacation! I know, it doesn't really work that way unfortunately... I'm happy to see you in a good weight loss place these days!
Beverlyjoy, the pumpkin bread would be hard for me to resist. Well, you know the drill, we just carry on.
mj, I credit you with the 46! Nobody's perfect and forgetting breakfast isn't a big deal. It goes both ways, I couldn't have done what I've done without the chicks either. Maybe it would be good for you to share some of what you've learned, like a reaffirmation for yourself.
Ginger, great job at the gym.
Wonder how Lyn and slashni are doing?

Gray and gloomy here this morning, I've got some candles burning to help brighten me up. It's supposed to clear and get sunny and warm this afternoon though. Just a normal work and school day around here today.
Plan:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal with blueberries, coffee with milk
S: roasted green beans, hard boiled egg
L: cream of broccoli chicken soup
S: 2% latte, apple with almond butter
D: Taco Bake burrito, roasted cauliflower
S: hot chocolate

mj5
09-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Beverlyjoy--How fun that you have a Dancing w/ the Stars party! The important part is you are planning for a healthy day today!

Rhonda--Great job! Keep it up!

Schmoodle--Hope the sun is shining there now!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your perspectives on the talk. I think part of it is my fear of what if I do it and then fail (again). Silly, I know, but this is almost where I was when I started to re-gain weight. Of course, I am doing MANY things different (posting here and my 'reward' plan are very helpful), so maybe I should talk about it. It's funny, because I always wanted to be my sil's size until she had her last dd, now she is struggling to take off the weight from her pregnancy--she has never struggled w/ her weight before this.

Ok, I am going to head down to the farmers market--I need more apples and some yummy veggies to have w/ dinner.

luvin2lose
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Ladies !!

TUESDAY
Breakfast - beef jerky - 2pts, cheeze its - 6 pts

Lunch - Healthy choice chicken steamer - 6 pts 1/4 cup cheese - 4 pts

Dinner - Healthy choice steak steamer - 6 pts

Snack - 2 cups apple jacks - 4 pts

Total points - 28 pts

I am trying to eat real food. I tend to snack the day away. I am a call center rep for a bank and I have to be chained to my desk 8 hours a day. My goal is to eat an actual Lunch and Dinner everyday the rest of this week.

math puppy
09-23-2008, 05:34 PM
hey gang, i just wrote a bunch of personals and lost them!! >:O
well, i was thinking of each of you, just know that there is a personal for you out there in cyber heaven. ha ha

long time no see. im here to say, i gained a few, lost a few, and hopfully will lose a lot more!!!

gotta go. wish you all a good day!

math puppy
09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
this last week i have been on plan, after a long off plan couple months... i just realized that counting what i lost this week i am exactly where i left off!!! omg! that is a victory for me! i can belive it, im so happy. no gain is a big gain! ha ha!

Lyn2007
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey guys,

I am just kinda peeking in, reading your updates. I feel like I want to respond to each person but my brain is fried. I am cheering you all on though!

Well I decided I have got to go back to counting calories. I had stopped because, well uh, who wants to see 3000 calories on their sparkpage?? Bad idea. I am unable to stay sane without counting the calories so back it goes.

I am already at 1300 today. I really have a hard time not reaching for snacks.

B: kasi waffle, 1T peanut butter, handful of fresh blueberries, iced green tea, skim latte with 2 tsp sugar.

L: 6oz rotisserie chicken, 2 fresh peaches, 1/4 c walnuts mixed with 1T dark chocolate chips, iced green tea

S: (problems begin): light yogurt, 1/2 banana
S: decaf chai tea with 1 T (!!!) sugar and a splash of milk, 1 almond cookie

Now it is only 2pm and I gotta hang on til dinner. For dinner I am going to saute some zucchini, mushrooms and summer squash and top it with homemade low fat spaghetti sauce and a shake of parmesan. Maybe *one* small meatball for protein if I feel I need it.

I really need to plan better...

kissingginger
09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey ladies!

Nice to see you Mathpuppy! no gain is great!! I can feel your excitement.

Okay, so I'm at the gym today, and I'm taking it easy - it's only been 12 hours since I was in (last night from 7pm-9pm) and back again the next morning (today) and it's only 915am. I'm sore, unmotivated, and a bit tired. But I WANT to be there. I plan on doing some walking, some abs and a few lower body exercises....nothing too strenuous.

So I've been shown some of the upper body machines, and I hadn't yet tackle the lower body ones. I asked the lady there to show me (she was the same one who showed me the upper body ones). She kinda fumbled into a "well if you need a personal trainer..." almost seemed sorta offended I asked, but when I cleared it up and just said I need to know HOW to use the machine, not make a program for me specifically, she was okay with it. As she was showing me the machines, she's asking when I was in last, how much I did this week etc.....and of course, I'm kicking it at the gym. She's saying things to me like, well, 2.5 hours is too much time at the gym, and "even I don't go that much" and you only need 50 minutes to do weights etc. And part of me is like WHAT THE (insert bad word here)!!! So what is this all about? Why shouldn't I stay longer and do more cardio? I remember her telling me she wanted to cut up a bit more (which I think in body building language is like getting leaner) and she's thin-ish in a well built sort of way...she's not a stick is what I really mean, but she's in shape. Anyhow, maybe she's just projecting her own issues on me (maybe feels like she should be doing more herself) or maybe she just really doesn't want me to "burn out". I don't know. I just thought it was kinda condescending, slightly annoying (ie. SHE's never been 260 lbs in her life, what does she know about what a morbidly obese person needs in the gym).....

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! What do you all think? Am I just over thinking things at the gym? Maybe I should be thinking about laundry and dishes and my kids. I dunno. I know I need rest, I spent Sunday off from the gym and just walked on my treadmill (at 3.0 -3.4 speed, nothing spectacular!).

I feel a little bit like she was a downer, and it felt uninspiring - and I don't need any of that in my life!

Ginger

Beverlyjoy
09-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi Chicks...I stayed well on my plan yesterday - I am grateful. I am busy with some work for the rest of the week before we leave for vacation on Saturday. I need to take my mom to the eye doctor today.

Take mom to doctor
Office work

breakfast - kashi waffle, npnb toast, berries
lunch - cottage cheese, crackers, green beans and mushrooms
snack - fiber one bar, yogurt
dinner - grilled chicken, steamed carrots, garlic bread, salad
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, almond butter, cinnamon, and milk

meditation
stretches
lots of water
log food
PMA

Ginger - so glad you have time at the gym. Was the woman to whom you asked how to use the machines an employee at the gym? If she is...then, it's probably her job to show you. If she works there, she may have incite on how to start a program, time duration, repititions, etc. I don't know if she was being bossy or trying to be helpful. You can just listen and see if what she says makes sense and then do what you want.

Lyn - it's good to see you posting! Don't worry about responding to everyone - just do what you can, friend. Sorry you've been struggling. Just try to do what you know has worked in the past...tweek it if you need too. If you are feeling really, really stressed try some deep breathing. It can be helpful.

Math Puppy!!!!! It's so good to see you. Wow, managing to stay the same is a huge accomplishment. Excellent. Ya know...sometimes I would lose my personals too when typing them in. Now, I try to remember to copy and save them before going to post them. That way if something happens I still have them and don't have to redo them or feel like I've 'lost' all that time and effort.

Welcome luvn2lose - good goal! It's important to eat meals! So glad you posted.

Rhonda - great job on day nine! Rest your sore parts if you need to and use some different muscles. You are doing great!

Schmoodle - candles on a gloomy day are such a good ideaa!

MJ - seems like you are in a good place now with food and have many good tools to use in your journey. It's wonderful!

Have a GREAT day everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Good morning, Friends!

This is OP day # 10. I'm doing great with the food, however, I've been slacking on the exercise. Since Sunday, I've not had any intentional exercise. I've been reading a lot about the internal visceral fat around our organs and its serious impact on my health. Intense cardio is the #1 way to get rid of this fat along with eating clean, so I must get back into exercising at least 6 days a week. My muscles are feeling much less sore today, so I'll be headed back to the fitness center for another round of the weight machines.

MJ - Remember...failure is no longer an option. Don't even let yourself consider that you might not do this again. This time is your time.

Luvin2lose - Making sure you eat lunch and dinner is a great plan. Please keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Mathpuppy- Welcome back! :carrot:

Lynn - I went back to calorie counting, too. How did dinner go for you last night?

Ginger - how much of your 2 1/2 hours is cardio? Jillian Michaels recommends that you do no more than 2 hours of cardio. Some of these trainers aren't very knowledgeable about weight loss, huh? The trainer I saw on Sunday seemed like she was giving me the same "spiel in a box" as she gives everyone. At times, I felt like I could teach her a few things. :)

My microwave is on the fritz.:( This is really throwing me off in the menu category. I told Hubby that we need a new one....now! Until then, I'm winging it for breakfast and lunch. Fun fun.

Schmoodle
09-24-2008, 10:02 AM
B: oatmeal with blueberries, hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: cranberry beans with greens
L: taco bake burrito
S: smoothie
D: seafood quiche, warm spinach salad
S: hot cocoa

Needed to get that down quick before I forgot!
I woke up with a lovely itchy rash all over my arms this morning. Very red so I must have been scratching all night. It started last night but I thought it was just a bug bite. Very strange, the only thing I did yesterday that I don't do every other day was to take my book out in the yard to read for a while in the evening. Oh, and I picked a big bucket of the last of the grape tomatoes. I think I'll try to dry them, I'll never eat them all.
Still no word from DH, about 3.5 weeks now. Oh well, no news is good news, I always say. I'm sure if Russia had taken an American merchant ship, we'd have heard about it!
Nothing too exciting here today, Parks and Recreation Committee meeting tonight, and I think I'll make a quiche with some leftover fish and crab and shrimp for dinner.
I spent entirely too much time planning our vacation the last couple of days. Therefore I have forbidden myself to think about it today.

So glad to see some of our missing chicks back!
Lyn, your menu looks pretty good. Maybe more protein. When I'm having cravings, if I can eat a hardboiled egg or drink a glass of milk and distract myself for a while sometimes they go away.
We've missed you mathpuppy! It's great that you've been maintaining.
Rhonda, exercise is always the big challenge for me. I'd much rather not eat than have to move. I'm lazy.
Beverlyjoy, glad you had a clean day, I'm sure you feel better. Where are you going for vaca?
Ginger, you are so motivated! Don't let anybody get in your way. Who knows what their issues are or if maybe they're just having a bad day?
mj, maybe you feel like you are not "qualified" to give the talk until you are done losing? C'mon chick, you have lost 87 lbs, you are an authority! How many people do you think could do something like that? Even if you stopped right where you are and never lost another lb., you are still an expert. I'm sure the ladies would love to hear some of the things you've learned.
Hi luvin! Nothing wrong with snacking if you are reaching for the right stuff! You can munch on raw veggies all day. I've got a good recipe for roasted chick peas that make a great snack (taste like corn nuts), and you get fiber and protein to fill you up to boot! Let me know if you want it. I have at least 2 snacks/day. It really helps to keep me on plan. Hunger has never been part of my plan!
Have a great day chicks!

mj5
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Good Morning everyone! Seems like things are picking up around here again, that's a good thing!!! I won't have time for the gym today, but I am going to go for a walk during my lunch break.

luvin2lose--Welcome! Good luck w/ your goal this week. You can do it!

math puppy--Welcome back!!!! It's great to hear from you! I type my p's in a wordpad document, then copy them into the reply box....I've lost too many posts!!! Awesome that you are at the same weight! My dh mentioned that he would like to go to Seattle someday and just happened to think...that's where math puppy is! :)

Lyn--Welcome back! Mmm, your dinner sounds yummy!

Ginger--Yea, you will meet some interesting characters at the gym! Take it w/ a grain of salt! Do what works for you. That's why I use my mp3 player almost all the time. I like to be friendly--say hi, a little chit-chat, ask for help if I need it, but people will put their stuff on you.

Beverylyjoy--Great job!

Rhonda--Thank you!!! Now get to the fitness center and do some cardio today!!!!

Schmoodle--Good Morning!

Yesterday at the farmers market I picked up some really yummy Italian eggplant, green beans, butternut sqash, cauliflower, broccoli, and yellow squash. I cut it all up and roasted w/ lots of garlic. YUM!

Have a great op day!

I just realized...I never moved my ticker on Monday. I am down 2lbs.

kissingginger
09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Ugh, another sore throat. I'm off to the Dr. with all the kids. I hope it's not strep throat coming back again.

k. I'll be back later to chat more.
Ginger

willowgirl
09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, I have been out of the loop around these parts for quite some time. After getting Married and settling down over the last year I realized that I put on about 15 of my 45lb weight loss. Nope, not wanting to cross that bridge again, so I am back on track. And I am taking my husband (who has lost a total of about 70lbs in the last year and a half, with about another 150lbs to go) and my daughter who is almost 11 and will be hitting puberty soon (and I know what happens to girls in my family when they hit puberty), with me :)

B: Fruit Smoothie from Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt, Banana, and some Dole Frozen Fruit - 3pts
S: 1 cup red grapes - 1 pt
L: Sandwich with wheat bread/deli ham, 1 oz pringles, 2 mini kit kat - 10pts
S: hmmm, dunno ate all my food already :)
D: General Tsoa Chicken w/rice (WW Recipe) 6pts
S: dunno, but I WILL be smart about it :)

mj5
09-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Schmoodle--Thank you! Maybe you are right, maybe I don't (didn't) feel 'qualified'...but then again....what do we do here? We talk about our experiences and support each other. Duh?!!!! This would be just a different forum. And Rhonda is right too....maybe one person could take something from what I said and use it. There is nothing better than sharing!!!

Ginger--Well, nothing better than sharing, except when it comes to strep throat! Hope everyone feels better soon!

Willowgirl--Welcome!

I love seeing so much activity around here!

Lyn2007
09-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey guys,

I am doing pretty well today. EVeryone who reads my menus says to eat more protein. And I know that is right! It is probably where a bit of my hunger comes from. I need LESS carbs and MORE protein. I have to remind myself of this somehow.

Breakfast: kashi waffle/1T pb/blueberries, iced green tea, skim chai latte

Snack: 2 peaches

Lunch: leftover low fat stroganoff (No Yolks noodles, extra low fat beef, lean turkey sausage, low fat sauce) and an ice cream bar ARGHHH

I did bike today for 30 minutes AND lifted weights (2 sets) for the first time in weeks. I feel great about that.

Dinner, not sure yet. Need a plan.

Beverlyjoy
09-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok, I need some advice. One of my sil's (one I actually like) asked me to speak at her weight loss meeting on a Monday night. They live 2 hours away, so it would have to be when we have some time off if I decide to do it, but I don't know if I should or not....I guess I should get more info. Talking in front of groups isn't that big of a deal (I get a little nervous, but not bad--I do that all the time at work), but weight loss is pretty personal, not sure if I want to share w/ a group that I am not a part of....what do you think?

MJ - I don't know how I missed this post: .... when Schmoodle addressed it - I didn't know what she was talking about. :dizzy:

Did your SIL mention what kinds of things she wanted you to talk about. I bet you really have alot to share. About things that have worked and things that haven't. WL can be tenuous as we all know - and we all hope and pray we have the tools to keep it going. I think it's OK to mention your fears - but, still be willing to share your journey. Also - if you're really uncomfortable with it - you can always nicely say so.

mj5
09-25-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi everyone! I am up way, way too early this am....my knee is really sore again today. I may have to call the ortho again...not willing to admit 'defeat' yet, though!

Beverlyjoy--Thanks! No, she only mentioned it quick, that had to go...her one of her kids was getting into something he shouldn't. Hopefully this weekend I can get more info.

Yesterday my younger brother called me and we made a lunch 'date' for Friday. He is now working very close to me, so he said anytime I want to have lunch to let him know. That's pretty cool! He's the one in the Army--he's working as a recruiter right now. I'll be able to pick his brain for workout ideas!!! Plus, now that he is working closer, hopefully he will have time to go to the gym w/ me and re-vamp my workout.

Ok, the dogs want to go outside...so we better go out! I'm sure I'll be around later! Have a great OP day!

Beverlyjoy
09-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Good day, Chicks. I stayed in my calorie range yesterday - I am grateful. :)

Two more days until we leave for our vacation. :D Saturday, we are driving thru New York and on to Cape Cod. We will spend some time with my sister there. :) It should be wonderful. I've got things ready food-wise for the road trip - snacks, fruit, my journal, bottled water. I will wear an old ring on my right hand to remind me to stay on plan. That's kind of an old 'trick' I use once in a while. I have had many on plan days in the last week and am back down to 191 - I am grateful. I have a doctor's appointment the week I come back from vacation to take blood labs, etc and am planning/hoping to have that also help me in incentive to eat healthy. There is lots of great fish on the cape...I'll concentrate on that.

I am having a foot flair up and have been hobbling around. :( Darn thing...

Today:
storytelling this am
getting ready for vacation
getting ready for a big program tomorrow

ice/heat
meditation
log food
stretches
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup. pnb toast, grapes
lunch - pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - Fiber One Bar, slice of cheese
dinner - Ruby Tuesdays for dinner - cup of white chicken chili, salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

MJ - it will wonderful for you to see you brother...enjoy! :) Hope your knee calms down. :hug:

Lyn - I struggle getting in enough protein too. Lately, I've been keeping track in my food log of protein amounts too. Yes, plannng helps. You CAN do this. :)

Willowgirl - Welcome! So glad you're joining us. :D You can get that weight off!

Ginger - hope you're feeling better. :hug: You take care now.

Schmoodle - hope your rash is better - ugh! :hug: Goodness - I hope you hear from DH soon. It's a long time to not be in contact. When is your vacation?

Rhonda - great job on another day OP. You rock! :D

HI Math Puppy and Luvin...

Everyone have GREAT day.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Good morning, Friends!

It's a tad bit cold in 'Jaw-ja" this morning. I didn't want to get out of my nice warm bed. Today is on-plan day 11. I'm doing well with the food, but struggling with my exercise committment. I've not exercised since Sunday and the scales know it. Looks like it's time to write down a formal exercise plan for myself.

MJ - I'm so jealous of your farmer's market booty! Sorry the knee is flaring up again. :(
Ginger - What did the doctor say? How are you feeling today?
Shelby - Welcome back! I have a 12 year old and puberty does tend to bring on the weight issues. Kudos to you for helping your family get healthy.
Lynn - I've noticed that high carb days trigger my cravings and my need to snack constantly. Thanks for the reminder that I need to not forget my protein.
Beverly - Are the leaves changing yet in Cape Cod? I've always wanted to go there.

I better get busy with work. I have a lot to get through. Monday, I start a new position with my company and I need to make sure I don't leave anything hanging for my co-workers. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. This new position could lead to some very good things!

My goals for today, I'll track all intake on Daily Plate and I will go to the fitness center and workout on the weights again. No more excuses!

mj5
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi again! I have decided that if my knee isn't remarkably better by Monday, I am calling the ortho. Not sure what he will be able to do, but I guess that's what I pay him for!

Beverlyjoy--You are going to have a fantastic vacation!!! Great job planning ahead and what an incentive w/ the drs appt when you get back! Ooh, I like the ring idea!!! I may have to borrow that one.

Rhonda--Congrats on the new position!!! Is this the one you interviewed for not too long ago? Good for you for recognizing that you need to come up w/ a more formal plan. The farmers market here is wonderful. It's pretty small, but the vendors bring a TON of stuff and they are super friendly. I have experimented w/ lots of different veggies and fruits from talking w/ them. And the best part....SUPER inexpensive!

I am trying hard to focus on work today, but between being up so early, my knee hurting, and it is a gorgeous day--it's HARD!!!

This afternoon I am meeting w/ my director and one of the other managers. We have been chosen to go to a conference in November. It's a pretty big deal to be chosen--it's very expensive to send people and it's at a fancy resort. I am really excited! I have been before and it's usually a lot of fun and very informative. Also, we are hopefully going to be able to move forward with our restructuring plans, which if it happens, *should* mean a promotion for me...so I am trying to take an active role in anything I can that is thrown my way--w/ out overwhelming myself.

Almost time for lunch! I can't wait...I'm pretty hungry!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Schmoodle
09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
good afternoon chicks, can't believe I didnt' make it in here all morning. Nobody wanted to get up today, then after I got everyone out of the house I had to get to an IEP meeting for DS then run errands. Finally got back and had lunch and I was starving! Now I need to get productive and get some work done, but I didn't have a food plan and that is never a good idea!
So:
B was Kashi blueberry waffle with peanut butter, coffee with milk
No snack
L was collard greens with cranberry beans, hard boiled egg

For the rest of the day:
S: skim latte, LCLC with triscuits
D: seafood quiche, warm spinach salad, cottage cheese with sun-dried tomatoes
S: skim hot chocolate

mj, congrats on being chosen to go to the conference. Sounds like it'll be fun! Have a good lunch date.
Beverlyjoy, hope you have a wonderful vacation. Hope your foot is better before you go too. We are going to Orlando Oct 10 - 17. Can't wait!
Rhonda, congrats on the new position. Lots of good work things happening for folks today.
Hi willowgirl, nice to "meet" you! We have that pesky puberty thing in my family too.
Lyn, great blog entry yesterday. I don't even worry about motivation anymore. It just has to be the way it has to be. Lots of days I don't feel motivated, but I am a creature of habit, so I just keep doing what I do. Now if I could only get that way about exercise!
Feel better Ginger!

mj5
09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi again! Ok, so my size 16 jeans arrived today....I can fit into one pair, although they are too tight to wear outside of the house. The other pair is cut different, so they don't fit yet--but they both will soon! I can't believe it! A 16!!!

Lyn2007
09-25-2008, 11:23 PM
mj, wow, a 16! Congrats!

I am still here, doing a little better each day, working towards 100%.

I did take a nice walk today with my daughter, even though I totally did not feel like moving!!

I also managed to skip the fast food yet again. Whew :)

kissingginger
09-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Hey ladies,

I'm around, just not as bubbly as usual. I hit the gym, even though I didn't work out that hard....(it's more for just forming the habit, rather than the intensity). I'm still sniffly, sore throaty. Dr. doesn't think it's strep, but I'll know for sure in another day or so.

I'm super tired, so no personals tonight :( but I miss feeling better. Going to bed early tonight, and see what tomorrow brings.

Ginger

mj5
09-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Good Morning! Awake way, way too early again today! Ugh, at least I can take a nap tomorrow if I need to! Sad that I am planning a nap a day away.....Tomorrow is also my mani/pedi appt. I SO cannot wait!!!!

Schmoodle--Hope today is a more productive day! I can't wait for the conference! It is gorgeous there, the food worries me a bit, but I'll have time to plan ahead.

Lyn--Great job! Keep it up, every day you are working at it is a success!

Ginger--I can't remember if I 'said' this already or not, but I remember when I first started at my gym, I got sick a few times right in a row too. I think it was just exposure to lots of different people and their germs. Mmm, there a happy thought....hope you feel better.

Rhonda--Did you get your projects wrapped up?

Ok, so I am officially obsessed w/ my new phone....I have it set up so pictures come up when some people call and some people have their own ringtone--which is either their favorite song, or a song that reminds me of them. The problem w/ that is....when my phone rings, I probably won't realize it's my phone! LOL!!!

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? After my mani/pedi I am going to hang out w/ one of my friends and her dd. That should be fun, but no plans other than that for me.

Ok, I am going to get ready for work. I'll chat w/ you later!

Schmoodle
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Happy Friday chicks!
DS is home sick today. I'm hoping DD and I don't catch it and the weather doesn't get too bad, as we have a Girl Scout canoe trip in the morning. Otherwise, just a quiet weekend, some yard work if the weather gets nice, playing catch-up as usual. I won't be able to get to the Farmer's market in the morning so I hope they've still got lots of stuff next weekend but it is starting to get cold around here.

mj, did you say where the conference is? If so, I missed that. Congrats on the 16s!
Lyn, you are perseverant, and that will pay off in the end. I think being stubborn and dogged is way more important than being perfect.
Poor Ginger, I hope you can kick whatever is working on you soon.

Plan:
B: egg salad and raw spinach on 1 piece whole grain rye toast, coffee with milk
S: edamame
L: spinach, salmon, sun dried tomato on ww wrap
S: skim latte, apple with almond butter
D: seafood quiche, warm spinach salad, roasted cauliflower
S: skim cocoa

mj5
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Schmoodle--Hope ds feels better. Have fun on your canoe trip tomorrow. Oops, no I didn't say where. It's at the Sagamore in Lake George.

Ok, I just caved....I called the ortho and I have an appt next Thurs. What a fun day off that will be....eye appt in the am and ortho appt in the afternoon!

mj5
09-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow...quiet day today....don't make me start singing! You don't want that!

I must have worn something very flattering today b/c three people mentioned my weight loss and how great I looked. One was our Executive Director and she was very complimtary. It felt really, really good!

ok, I am going to try to find the energy to get a little bit of cleaning done so tomorrow after my mani/pedi I don't have to do any...don't want to mess my those nails!!!!

mj5
09-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Good Morning! I took some pain meds for my knee last night and slept through the night! YIPPEE!!! I only slept until 5am, but I'll take it!!!

Schmoodle--Hope you get to go canoeing today--it's raining here. I think I said the conference is on Lake George...'technically' it's Bolton Landing, but anyway...the resort is the Sagamore and it is really, really nice! I need to remember to pack workout clothes because I'll be there for two nights and will have time (will make time) to workout.

Rhonda--Were you able to get your projects wrapped up? What will your new position be?

Lyn--How are you holding up?

Beverlyjoy--I think you have already left for Cape Cod. I know you will have a wonderful time!!!

ginger--How are you feeling?

math puppy--Don't tease us like that....come on back!!! ;)

I forgot to mention yesterday that while I received compliments from three people....two asked the dreaded 'how much have you lost' question. I had originally decided not to tell people this time around "my #", BUT since I have been doing a lot of thinking about speaking at my sil's weight loss meeting I have been re-thinking that decision. Also, Rhonda's words of encouragement that "failure is not an option" this time. So I shared. Both people were even more supportive and positve after hearing the # and wanted to know how I was doing it. My Executive Director was VERY pleased to hear that I was doing it in a healthy way. She does Weight Watchers herself. She also shared a the name of a good tailor--I was talking about needing to get a few clothes altered.

Lunch w/ my brother yesterday was a lot of fun! He was in uniform and it was nice to hear people call him 'sir' (of course it was funny to me too on as his "sister"). He is still a member at the same gym I go to and is more than willing to have me join him so he can tweak my workouts. Actually, he said he is there every weekday at 5:30am if I want to workout w/ him. Unfortunately, that doesn't give me enough time to workout and then get ready for work, but occassionally I may be able to flex my work hours to do that.

Today is my "take care of mj" day! Last night dh helped me get most of the housework done--yippee! Today I am getting a mani/pedi and my eyebrows waxed. Later I am spending time w/ a friend. Wednesday I have a hair appt for hilights and cut.....I won't recognize myself by Wednesday afternoon!!! LOL! Then Thurs both dh and I have eye appts. We are both getting new glasses and I am FINALLY ordering more contacts--thank goodness dh has awesome optical insurance! Phew...it's going to get expensive around here! Luckily, we have been planning (and saving) for all of this. I am hoping to finally pick out some glasses I actually like....although I ALWAYS say that and rarely end up liking them.

Wow....this post is really long!!! Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!!

mj5
09-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Have I mentioned that I am obsessed w/ my phone....I just realized that I have "Maps" and I can get directions to/from anywhere!!! I am very directionally challanged (and that is an understatement). I can even request businesses (restaurants, gas stations, or whatever) in the area. Wow.

Ok, I think I have had too much coffee.

kissingginger
09-27-2008, 11:29 AM
HI everyone,

I feel so behind sometimes when I see you've posted at 4am MJ! But I know that it's just that I am on the west coast.

It's 7:15am here now. The kids woke me up ( I can never seem to get up before them). I'm drinking tea, and today is officially the coughing day of this cold. I didn't hear from my Dr. which means it's NOT strep (yeah!) and I can pretty much tell now that it's not going in that direction. Yesterday I went to the gym, another light workout, but just doing it more for routine.

MJ- I am *so* jealous but enjoy your ME day!!!! Good job planning and saving...that's awesome. Your DH sounds wonderful, helping with chores. I too, would think it's weird if my brother were in uniform, but cool kinda. It was a long post, but I loved hearing every bit of it! Maybe by wednesday (when you don't recognize yourself any longer!) you might be willing to share some before and after photos? pretty please? no pressure or anything LOL!

Hi girlygirl, beverly, schmoodle, math puppy, lyn! Hope you are all doing well.

Okay, I'm off, I'm doing a garage sale today with my MIL. trying to declutter and get rid of some baby toys, and other stuff I don't need!

Cheers, Ginger

kissingginger
09-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh and MJ your phone obsession is well, *weird* hahahaha. (this is coming from someone who had a cell phone, who for some reason could never keep it charged or even on, or lucky if I even knew where it was - my purse, my jacket...etc.).

I suppose if I had a cool new phone I might have treated it differently, or maybe not! Anyway, enjoy playing with it!

Ginger

Lyn2007
09-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Why don't you guys all come over for tea, and then one of you can give me a massage while the others prep some healthy dinners, clean the house, and occupy the kids? Hmmm? Sound fun??

I did okay this week. I did not lose weight but I did manage to stop the gain, so that's something. Now I really want to start moving the ticker back DOWN.

So I have a plan, and I am going to count my freaking calories every day and eat less and move more. I am tired of being fat. I want some success. I work too hard on this stuff just to see a maintain or a gain..

mj5
09-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi again! I need to get myself dressed to go to my friends house, but I wanted to pop in here first. Not sure what she is having for dinner, but I just had a healthy snack, so I am not going to her house starving.

My nails came out really nice--they are a deep rose color. I have two eyebrows again!!!! YEA!

ginger--Hope you are feeling better soon. Good for you for keeping your routine. I have to do that for myself too--even if I can only go for a little while. If I lived closer I would come over so you could have some *me* time! My dh is wonderful--he really does a lot around the house. I'll think about the pictures....How did your garage sale go? Believe it or not, my family used to yell at me all the time because I used to forget to turn my cell on!

Lyn--Well...if we all lived closer we could rotate houses and have a spa day for a different person....Good for you for having a plan for yourself! I know you can do this!!!

I finally decided that I want dh to cook me chicken picatta, roasted veggies, and brown rice on Monday for my bday dinner. I lightened up the chicken recipe I found online, so hopefully it will be good!

My knee is sore again today, so I am going to take it easy for the rest of today and tomorrow.

mj5
09-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone! It's a gloomy, rainy day here today. I woke up w/ an icky sinus headache and my knee hurts. The dogs and I are going to lounge and watch some 'chick flicks'. Last night I rented Made of Honor w/ Patrick Dempsey....dh is glad he is working today! ;)

Have a great OP day everyone!

Schmoodle
09-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi chicks, sorry I've been MIA this weekend. Aside from being very busy, some stuff happening on the South Beach board has me a little down, so I took a little break to get some distance.
Yesterday I went on a canoeing trip with DD and her Scout troop. Very fun, although the creek was high and the current strong from all the rain. It was a bit too much for the girls to handle and we only made it halfway to our goal point. I kept thinking though that when I was at my starting weight I would never have attempted to put myself in a canoe (don't even know if it would be allowed!). Times like those really make me appreciate what I've done for myself and my family. Go me! But my arms are so sore today. I wanted to sleep in today, but the fire siren went off in town at 6AM, then the kids woke up at 7, so I gave up.
Well, yesterday was play day, so today is a 2-day to-do list to get through. Better get to it! I just had some quiche for breakfast, so I'm going to clean my kitchen and plan menus for the week while I'm at it.

Rhonda, thanks for the helpful comment on the other board. It's a good reminder to everyone that there are folks reading and watching who are not necessarily posting often. I think things are going to be better now, many PMs have been exchanged and I think we have some resolution. It's hard when the mix of personalities changes, ya know? The mods do a great job though.
mj, hope you enjoyed your awesome "me" day! A total makeover, what fun! It's so funny how people suddenly notice the weight loss. In the last couple of weeks three people have asked me "haven't you lost some weight?" It cracks me up because these are people I see often, and I'm thinking, ummm 70 lbs!!!! Was it really not that noticeable that you have to ask? And that you are just now noticing...
Lyn, congrats on stopping the slide. I know that is so hard to do. What if we took turns having a virtual spa day? If I were closer I would definitely take you up on the tea though!
Ginger, I am so impressed with you keeping up your workout schedule even though you are sick. I would so jump on that excuse to not exercise. I am an expert at those kind of excuses.

mj5
09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi again!

Schmoodle--No need to apologize! Sorry to hear that there is something getting you down on another board. The canoeing trip sounds fun. Absolutely "GO YOU!!!!" You should be very proud of what you have done so far, and what you continue to do for yourself and your family. You are setting a great example for your kids. It is odd how people suddenly notice weight loss. My "me" day was fun. Now I can't wait for my hair appt!!! Not sure what to do...probably just a trim and hilights, but we'll see......

Beverlyjoy--I think I am going to 'borrow' your reminder ring idea...I have a sapphire ring that dh bought me several years ago, I have to wear it on my middle finger on my right hand b/c it is a little big now. Plus, since it's blue it works for showing my Biggest Loser Team Spirit! ;)