Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge-free challenge ~ Sept. 22 - 28

It's Monday again! Let's stay accountable. Please post your challenges and successes and keep track of your binge free days!

Today will be day 15 for me.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #2  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

I'm going for a binge-free week. I'd like to be 100% on-plan with both diet and exercise this week, but rather than setting myself up for disaster, I'm gonna say, let's go for 90% on-plan eating and exercising, with NO BINGES for the week!

Thanks for the thread! Hope to check in with good reports this week.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #3  
cher37

Back to Day 1 for me - rough week last week, anticipate rougher one this week (my parents are visiting..) but the hubby's away so I'll have no one to blame but myself if I go off track!

Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #4  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

I give it a go.

I will stay OP and no binges for me !!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure if I've ever binged as badly as I did today. Maybe the day I ate a whole half gallon of ice cream. I hope I can remember this feeling and NOT binge tomorrow... I'm holding out for ONE day binge free.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #6  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Day 1 for me. I'm going to keep trying.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

After a disastrous evening -- and feeling horrible this morning, of course -- I am more than willing to say "I'm in"!

Hopefully this will be the ONE time I'm able to stick to this commitment.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #8  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

full of grace, cher, luvin - how is it going?

iris, chickie, Lizzy - hugs to you. Today is a new day, forget about yesterday and move forward.

Day 16 for me.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #9  
Intuitive Eater

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Chicks in Control forum. It's my first time visiting.

I realize that I need to do something about my binge eating. I've recently switched from a diet plan to a non-diet plan and find the freedom to eat whatever I want a bit overwhelming. I've been binging on all kinds of junk food that I've been avoiding and I've got to do something QUICK! I think it is an adjustment period I'm going thru from switching plans, but I still have this nasty habit of binge eating that I learned about 2 years ago when going thru a particularly boring time in my life. (Prior to that I had never binged before.)

Well anyways, I hope you don't mind if I join you all. I don't really have a goal but to make it thru one day at a time. Maybe the accountability will help. I'll try to check in daily. Nice to meet everyone.

PS. Hi iriswhispers!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #10  
cher37

Blue Serenity!

& Hello Ladies!

Well I made it through Day 1 and now halfway through Day 2 (passed by bag of Munchies on sale for $1, but got caught in line and the Smarties were calling my name! - so I bought an indiv. box, and will enjoy it throughout the rest of the day (better choice than a large bag of chips & cheesies I think!) Not considered a binge when its I stop at one right?!?!

Have a good day & stay strong!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #11  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Man I've been doing AWFUL!

Count me in as day 1.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hi blue serenity! welcome to the chicks in control forum! =)

yey, cher! I definitley don't consider it a binge if I stop. good choice on the individual box. I have to train myself that it may be more cost effective to buy the big packs of things, but in the end I think it's better to spend a little more money and not end up gorging and feeling miserable.

spoz and lizzy... I've been a binging maniac lately so I'm shooting for day one as well. I'm trying to keep myself busy and am heading to my cubicle shortly instead of working from home because then I won't have the pantry and frigde to lure me into a binging frenzy.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #13  
cher37

Day 2 is done!! I'm going to bed - nigh'night folks!

I made choc.chip cookies for my son today - It was hard to resist the temptation to eat the remaining dough in the bowl while the 1st batch was cooking but I did it! I even logged in the bit of dough that ate off the beaters & spoons! (I'm trying not to avoid/pretend that I ate 'extras') - the scale can always tells the truth anyways so why fight it eh?!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #14  
Intuitive Eater

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes.

cher37, good for you! I would have had a hard time resisting the cookies! lol You're right, those bites here and there do add up.

I made it thru my first day, even stayed on plan. Workin' on day 2 now!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #15  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well, I've managed day 32 before so I'm not sure why the last few weeks have been so difficult. It's like after being good for so long has just sent me into crazed woman mode!

Anyway day 2 for me anyway and I'm doing okay at the moment. I guess even if we're going back to day 1-2 over again we're still TRYING.
Closed Thread