20-Somethings - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

HeatherMcG
09-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey girls!

I have been doing TaeBo lately and getting really bored. I have seen on a few other sites people singing the praises of JM 30DS.

If you are unfamiliar, it works like this. JM has a DVD with 3 seperate workouts. Basically, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. You do each work out for 10 days before advancing to the next. Jillian claims that by doing the workouts and eating healthy, you will lose 20 lbs by the end of the 30 days.

Disclaimer: I think people lose weight differently and the is no way to guarantee anyone a certain amount of weight loss.

I am going to start this new program and was wondering if anyone on here was interested in starting it too. I know that there is a thread completely dedicated to JM 30DS but it hasn't been used in a while and is seemingly dead.

So if you are interested let me know! I'd love to compare results.

i am still trying
09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm interested. I have a gym membership and use it about 2-3 times a week. Do you do the DVD everyday?

HeatherMcG
09-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, I will. It is supposed to be everyday for 30 days.

I won't lie, from the other posts, it seems to be really tough!

jillpeeps
09-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I am game. I own the DVD already. I had done it a few times but have not stuck to it. My only questions is do you think 20 min a day is enough to lose weight? Let me know what you think.

WormwoodDoll
09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I want to try this. How much are the DVDs and were can I buy them? A gym around my area is a bit costly, so I would rather stick to home exercise.

HeatherMcG
09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Jillpeeps[B] I don't really know if 20 minutes is enough for real weight loss. I am adding this to my routine. I already weight train and do isolated ab activities with my hubby. I am just switching out the TaeBo for the Shred because I am looking for something a little more intense. I hear that this workout will make you feel like you have been doing cardio for at least an hour! Also, I walk ALL DAY at my job. So, you might want to consider adding a walk or some toning. But, I would wait to make that decision until you know how this will make you feel.

[B]WormwoodDoll I am pretty sure they are just about everywhere. Target, WalMart, Best Buy, maybe check the video store. I have also seen it on NetFlix. Before you drive all over creation I would call. I know you can also order it on Amazon. I believe it is between $10-$!5.

Since everyone's schedules are different I think that it would be silly to mandate that everyone start on the same day. However, I will be officially starting on Monday and will be doing 10-10-10 with no breaks.

We will be absolutely, positively in pain at the very beginning. The key is NOT TO TAKE A DAY OFF. I know it will suck. I know it will be hard. But, that is how the program is most effective. I don't know about you, but if I am gonna do the work, I want the best possible results. We need to keep each other motivated and have 30 straight days of Shred! Maybe a new ticker??

Someone once told me, "Pain is beauty. If it ain't hurtin'. It ain't workin." lol I think Jillian started that phrase herself!:lol:

jillpeeps
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM
HeatherMcG- I will also start tomorrow and will need lots of motivation to stick to it w/ no breaks for 30 days. My job is sitting at a desk all day so the key for me is to probably get an hour of walking in as well. How much weight training do you do in a week. What is your eating plan? I am excited to see how this will work!!!

Quiet Ballerina
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
For those looking to buy the DVD: Check out ebay if you're on a budget (or amazon). They have some really great deals on the DVD's....I just searched.

HeatherMcG
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I do a lot of weight training in a week. Normally I get in 5-6 days. I do 3 sets of 15 reps on the major muscle groups (biceps, triceps, traps, back) I also do chest flys and bench presses but I do those on an exercise ball.

jillpeeps- I eat 6 small meals a day of about 100-250 calories depending on the meal. I eat more for dinner and lunch. I try to stay under 1500 calories and normally I have to eat extra to get over 1200. It is important to make sure you eat enough calories to burn.

If you sit all day, is it possible to swap out your chair for an exercise ball? I ditched my computer chair at home a long time ago. If you do, you will burn extra calories just staying balanced. Plus you can do leg raises and other ab exercises while on the ball and no one will even know you are doing it! Plus, I find it a lot more comfortable because if inflated properly, it can return your spine to its natural alignment. :)

i am still trying
09-21-2008, 08:51 PM
ok ladies,
I'm off to buy the DVD tomorrow.There are somedays that will be tough to get the workout in, I wont lie.My father in law is visiting next weekend for instance, but if the workouts are only 20-30 mins I am sure I'll have the house for at least an hour a day alone, let's hope :)

Also, I am going to continue doing spinning at my gym 2-3- times a week.

Can someone briefly tell me what the workouts are like. cardio, weight resistance, fullbody...

jmfan317
09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm in I'm gonna buy the dvd this Thursday cuz I get paid that nite. If you check this website out you can watch a clip from the dvd.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-7963

HeatherMcG
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Okay,

So far the group is:

HeatherMcG
i am still trying
jillpeeps
wormwooddoll
Quiet Ballerina
mjluva829

Anyone else? There is still time!

Ready to commit to 30 days of your own Jillian butt-kickin? :)

SephyFowl
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll commit. Are we going to check in daily or? I'm starting tomorrow.. :)

NishKitten
09-21-2008, 11:05 PM
We'll see how tough it is... My friend that I stole the DVD's from said she gave up after the first week. LoL.

I'll be doing this in conjunction with my normal 16 miles of daily bike riding, uphill sprints on Tues/Thurs/Sat, and a 60 minute run on Sundays (approx 7.5 to 9 miles depending on how my arthritis is.)

I threw out all of my clothes that aren't single digits and I refuse to buy a 10 ever again in my life unless i'm knocked up. This is for the visible six pack! :D

ZetaMD2Be
09-22-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm willing to try it out with you ladies. I looked at the preview on the collagevideo website -- it definitely looks challenging!

sh3l5
09-22-2008, 02:08 AM
its a challenge thats for sure....
definately something i will be returning to in a couple of months time....

HeatherMcG
09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
HeatherMcG
i am still trying
jillpeeps
wormwooddoll
Quiet Ballerina
mjluva829
SephyFowl
NishKitten
ZetaMD2Be
sh315
kukristen

Anyone else?

Remember everyone:

TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!

You will want something to compare your measurements to later on. I am starting tonight and will be checking in everynight. I think that at 15 days and 30 days we should post our losses in inches as well as weight.

kukristen
09-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey all -- I'm doing the 30 Day Shred too -- there's a thread on it in the fitness videos forum... but I'm all about joining you guys in keeping track of results, etc...

I'm doing day four tonight -- so I'm early in to it. It's great!!!

HeatherMcG
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Here I go. Wish me luck! Day 1..... :cheer:

Here's to 20 lbs in 30 days! I hope it works! :D

Quiet Ballerina
09-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh...I'm not joining in quite yet. I don't have the DVD. I just searched looking for cheap DVD's. :) Thanks though! I'll be rooting for y'all.

HeatherMcG
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
One word....Intense.

I think my legs are made of jello.

I seriously wanted to puke....lol (sorry for the overshare) :P

Day 1-Level 1 ----Complete!

jillpeeps
09-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Just finished Day 1 level 1 and it feels good!!! What size weights is everyone using? I know I was using 3 lb weights for everything but the chest flys (I used 5 lbs). Here's to the 30 day shred!!! I am trying to get over plateau so hopefully this does it!!!

NishKitten
09-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I skipped my other physical activity (except the bike. I need it to get to and from work) and did all 3 exercise levels just to see what they were about. DEAR GOD HELP ME!!! I feel like I just took the APFT. I know i'll sleep good tonite. LoL!

It is designed for people in a little bit better shape that's for sure, so if you don't exercise regularly or do cardio often be prepared! If you aren't used to seriously punishing bootcamp-style exercise or you have bad knees/ankles/hips or are top heavy (read: very busty or have an otherwise achy back) take care to do the low impact variations she shows, and WATCH YOUR FORM so you aren't straining your back and neck too much!!!!!

I recommend doing good stretching and warm-ups on your own before you start the video because she literally stretches you and warms up for 2 minutes and then it's 100mph from there. Also take your time and stretch reeeeally good afterwards okay?

Our mini-goal to completing the 30 days is to do it and nobody gets injured or pulls a muscle, agreed? Take care and good luck ladies!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

kelli32
09-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I wanna play too.. I'll just be starting late I've got to get some weights and the dvd. I bet I could get to the store tomorrow or Wednesday. I may need those couple of days to get over being sore from just starting riding my bike to class (I feel like someone punched me in the butt from the bike seat) TMI!

I may want to stretch it out a bit? Maybe do 15 days at each level instead of 10. I'm going to Cali at the end of Nov and I'd like it to last til then. Good idea?

taragettingthin
09-23-2008, 02:04 AM
I actually have the dvd, finished it and now am using it when I don't have enough time and want to do an intense workout in a short time. I started it on June 10, and took measurements on June 12.. and skipped here and there. Well, I didn't follow Jillian's meal plan or anything like that so I didn't see the maximum result like the promised 20 lbs. But I lost 8.2 lbs after 30 workout, and 6.25 inches. Mostly the only workout I did was the 30-Day for that month. I used to do TransFirmation 4-5 days out of week and lost anywhere from 4-8 inches in one month. 30-Day Shred is a lot shorter (28 minutes at lvl 3) but it seems like I got pretty much the same result... It really is a great workout DVD.

So good luck everyone! You really will be surprised with how stronger you get as days go by. I really think my arm muscle is due to this workout dvd. I used to be not able to do plank or push-ups and now I can actually do them in regular form. =)

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Count me in! I'm going to get the dvd today and will start tonight. I might be one day behind y'all but that's ok! So we do it everyday for 30 days?

kukristen
09-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey everyone!

I finished day 4 last night and day 5 this morning and feeling better than ever!

I agree with NishKitten -- stretch, stretch, stretch! ESPECIALLY afterward! I hold her stretches a lot longer than Jillian does -- at least 30 seconds and it's helped TREMENDOUSLY with the soreness.

HeatherMcG
09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Kelli32- sure it is a good idea. As long as it is the right decision for you. So you won't see maximum results in 30 days, at least you are doing it!

Here we go again- Yep, yep, yep. 10-10-10 for 30 days. That's what I am doing.

Surprisingly, I am not sore at all today. Seeing as how I felt totally drained last night, I was looking for extreme soreness. Maybe I 'm not sore because I have been TaeBo'ing for a while. I don't know. I am grateful though!

Day 2 tonight! I'll let you know.

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I got the video today! It's on and popping for tonight!

girl anachronism
09-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Just bought the DVD and am starting it today! I absolutely adore Jillian. I've learned soooo much from her radio show, so I can't wait to try out 30 Day Shred.

Are you guys incorporating other workouts? I walk for at least 30 minutes every day, and usually do Wii Fit for an hour a day, 5 days a week. I'll probably keep up the 30 minute walks, but focus on 30 Day Shred more than Wii Fit for the next 30 days.

Speaking of Wii Fit and Jillian, I already have her Wii game pre-ordered. ;)

i am still trying
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I JUST got the DVD but am starting tomorrow. I'll hit spin class today instead. It sounds intense (Shread) cant wait!

What weights do you need?

PS: Biggest Loser's on tonight!!!!!!

HeatherMcG
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
It depends on you. I am using 2.5 because that is what fits on my barbell. Others are using 2, 3, or 5 lbs.

NuevaVida
09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Just wanted to say, GOOD LUCK to all of you. This sounds like something I will be tackling myself in a month or two. Just began exercising and I'm up to 25 minutes on my bike in the AM and 1/2 hour yoga/stretching at night so, I'm making progress but I'm so not there yet.

I'll be checking in on y'all for inspiration! :-)

Mimi

girl anachronism
09-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Just finished Level 1 Day 1. What an amazing workout! I'm glad I've been working out on a pretty regular basis since January, though. I found it to be extremely challenging, and I think if I wasn't used to working out at all, I would want to die. :P

Oh, and it made me realize I need a better sports bra. (TMI?!)

HeatherMcG
09-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Girl- love, Love,LOVE the 30 day shred ticker. When I can have one, I will definitely make one of those. Also, I too need a better sports bra. I had on an underwire, sports bra, and tank with cami. And yet, I still, was trying to avoid a pair of black eyes.

jillpeeps
09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Just finished level 1- day 2!!! It feels so good when you're done it's worth it. I hope I am ready for level 2 by day 11. Oh well ready or not I'm all in! Good luck to everyone else!! I hope everyone is doing well.

jmfan317
09-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I can't wait to purchase this dvd and start the shred with the rest of you

Here we go again
09-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey! I did day 1 level 1. I love this! I was sweating so bad! I'm so glad I'm doing this. I used 5 lb and it was good. I was so tired but I rested 45 min and then went running for 15 min, did 1 mile.

kelli32
09-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Our wal mart doesn't carry that dvd so I'm ordering it on amazon. Looks like I'll be a quite a bit behind everyone but since I plan on stretching it out for 45 days I guess that doesn't matter.

HeatherMcG
09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
HEy all

Level 1- DAy 2 Complete!

Geeze my abs hurt!

WormwoodDoll
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I am going to buy the DVD Thursday when I have off from work. I don't live close to Target or Best Buy, and have no car. That's city living for ya! So I'll be starting Friday. :)

ZetaMD2Be
09-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey ladies!

I bought the DVD yesterday, but due to sheer exhaustion from school and clinic this week, I just couldn't start yesterday. My plan is to start on Thursday after my midterm. Congratulations to those who have already started!!!!

Here we go again
09-24-2008, 10:32 AM
So it's the next day. I'm not that sore at all. I shall do it again when I get home.

girl anachronism
09-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Level 1 Day 2 complete! :)

Spiders from Mars
09-24-2008, 05:40 PM
My boyfriend ordered this for me and I should have it on Friday. I'm so excited to start, it seems like a great workout :)

All your updates are very motivating!

kukristen
09-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey All!

TOM totally ruined my plans to shred this morning -- but I'm determined (with enough pamprin) to do level 1, day 6 tonight...

jillpeeps
09-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Well ladies I finished level 1 Day 3. It's not easy sticking to this but it's a lot easier to stay motivated when I made a commitment w/ other people to do it. I hope everyone else is staying on track and doing good. Does anyone else notice during the lunges the one chick just stands there and does arm curls while Jillian is showing the other chick? Maybe that's how they look like they aren't breaking a sweat. LOL! :)

HeatherMcG
09-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I did notice that. It made me wonder what else she was cheating on too!

I just got back from my sis's Powderpuff game. She was knockin' those girls left and right! That leaves me with a late workout. I must get it done!

Level 1- Day 3 starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........:lifter::lifter::woops:

Krista
09-24-2008, 10:27 PM
This shred sounds like fun! I have to go and get the dvd on Friday.

NishKitten
09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
LOL! I was just about to mention the same thing about the lunges!!!

I was also going to ask -- does anyone else feel like the lunges are giving them super strength in their 'crotchal regions?'

At this rate I feel like i'm going to be able to crack walnuts with my hoo-hoo by the end of the 30 days...

kelli32
09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
At this rate I feel like i'm going to be able to crack walnuts with my hoo-hoo by the end of the 30 days...

That'll be quite a welcome-home present for the hubby lol

NishKitten
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
That'll be quite a welcome-home present for the hubby lol

He would probably be impressed initially, then start to cry... :lol:

jillpeeps
09-24-2008, 11:12 PM
NishKitten- your are going to look like a whole new you when your hubby comes back. He is going to think you are so hot he won't keep his hands off you.

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 01:01 AM
I haven't noticed the chick just standing there. Day 2 done. I have to say my sides are sore. But like you I can do this when i'm accountable to you all!

Is there a way to get a round the long intro before you get to the workout selection? Menu won't work.

SephyFowl
09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
So I have done 2 days and did anyone feel like they should go up a level before the 10th day? I think I would like to go up a level, I am not feeling so sore like I want to feel. TOM is coming soon so I hope that doesn't mess with my commitment! So I know how you feel Kukristen.

You will be a totally different body Nish when your hubs comes home.

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 01:18 PM
ok, I have a silly question. Does anyone feel more sore on one side than the other? I'm only sore on my right torso. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

SephyFowl
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Your muscles may be stronger on one side because you may be dominate and all that. Or you might be working one side more. So basically I have no idea just throwing out some suggestions! :)

girl anachronism
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Day 3 complete!

I wasn't sore after Day 1, but after Day 2, I can really feel it in my sides and arms.

jillpeeps
09-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Level 1 Day 4 Complete. I also was feeling like I could move a level but I am going to wait because I still get a good workout and sweat and I don't want to over do it. Hope everyone is doing well!! The weekend is going to be a challenge to get my workouts in as I have a cousin's wedding all weekend (rehearsal dinner, wedding, gift opening)...Have a good night!

jmfan317
09-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't wait I'm ordering my Shred dvd 2nite. When I get it I can start shredding with ya'll.

Here we go again
09-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Level 1 day 3 done! I felt good afterward. I wanted to push myself so I ran a mile after (15 min).

It's getting easier! I totally saw the lady not doing them. She was cheating! I'm so proud of us!

girl anachronism
09-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Day 4 complete. I have managed to catch a bit of a cold, so I kind of want to die after doing that. I'm going to get tons of rest today and tomorrow, though, so I should be ready for Day 5!

jillpeeps
09-26-2008, 05:15 PM
I hear ya w/ the cold. I have to to and it's not easy staying motivated when I'm sick. Oh well I pushed through it. Level 1 Day 5 done!!! I think if I can make it through tomorrow and Sunday doing the workouts I'm golden for the rest. It'll be interesting to see after days what the results for everyone will be!!

jillpeeps
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry I can't type what I wanted to say was "I have one to" referring to my cold. Oh well!! LOL- that's me never reading what I write before I post it. Have a good night everyone.

WormwoodDoll
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I got my DVD and I start my shred tomorrow! Hopefully this will be a good change for Halloween. Rawr. To top it off, I have made meal planners for the week, and will be only purchasing the food items to follow my meal planner. I hope you ladies are doing well.

jmfan317
09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
My dvd is going 2 be mailed out monday. I will definately be shredding 30 days straight and I've been dieting 4 almost 2 months now. I've been doing other workouts like walking, 100 sit ups, and HHA. I can't wait 2 c what my results will be after the 30 days of shred and everyone elses results. Everyone keep stickin with it and I will be joinin soon.

ZetaMD2Be
09-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I just finished Level 1 - Day 1.. good grief, I got my butt kicked. I had to take a couple seconds break at points during the workout. I hope that over the course of the next 9 days, I'll have built up my stamina enough to not have to break as much.

One day down, 29 to go!

LindsayL0ve
09-26-2008, 08:06 PM
oh, this sounds like it would be fun. I know they have something for JM on Demand I'm going to try later tonight.

Here we go again
09-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Day4 done! It's getting easier. I'm still sweating but it's getting a lot easier and I wasn't sore at all today.

JellyBean32882
09-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Here we go again, is the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workin for ya? I have the DVD but can never stick to it it seems, I have ADD that's probably getting in the way, can't do just one thing, LOL

Here we go again
09-27-2008, 02:08 AM
It is working for me. The first two days I was sore but today I wasn't sore at all. I think I may go up to level 2. I always want to quit or rest at the end of circuit 2 but then she says last one and I get a lot of energy out of no where and do better than at the beginning of the dvd. It's only 30 minutes you can do. My "skinny" jeans are too big for me. I had to buy a new pair of jeans today. Granted I've been working out other than JM but still it makes me feel good. :)

JellyBean32882
09-27-2008, 02:13 AM
I get tired n out of breath alot just the first like 10 min of it.. then there is the problem of keeping my fairly large bust in control as I do the jumping jacks and jump rope exercises, lol

Here we go again
09-27-2008, 02:16 AM
I totally understand! I have the same problem, but hey no one's looking no shame! I have 40DD and no sports bra, I need to invest in one. :) I get more tired at the beginning than the end. Rest of 5 seconds and keep going. you can do it. :)

JellyBean32882
09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Well what foods shall I eat before exercising to boost energy and motivation? Maybe that's part of my problem. I do take Multivitamins daily but I don't think they work that well, lol.

girl anachronism
09-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Day 5 complete!

You know how she says you should feel a huge change in your stamina by day 5, 6, or 7? She's so right! Even with my cold, Day 5 was much less painful and challenging than Day 1. That is a huge motivator too. Now I'm not dreading the pain of Day 6, I'm looking forward to pushing myself and knowing I can do it.

NishKitten
09-27-2008, 11:08 AM
It's unofficial because I don't plan to give a real progress update until day 10/20/30, but... I weighed myself (while wearing shoes and jeans no less) and i'm over the plateau! 140.6!

Took friggin' long enough.

My butt and thighs have been killing me since I started, but I woke up today and they don't hurt. Hoorah!

i am still trying
09-27-2008, 11:15 AM
YAY! That's awesome. :carrot:I hit a plateau a little while back around the exact same weight. I was 141 for like 3-4 weeks. Then after a weekend of eating slightly more calories, i broke it.

As for the shread: I still haven't started...:o I will start on Tuesday when my father in law leaves. he is staying with us until then and I didn't want to have to sneak around and do this when he was here.
I am really eacited. I will still do my spin classes too.

Nish- just a question, are you wanting to go down to 112lbs? I see you are 5'8". I am 5'7 and want to get to 128 i think. Is 112 OK for your height? Just concerned that it might be too low.

jillpeeps
09-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Day 6 complete!!! I think I'll be ready for level 2 once day 11 rolls around!! I heard level 2 is a b*tch!!! Oh well I'm ready for the challenge. Hope everyone is doing well w/ JM 30 day shred wherever you are on your journey.

NishKitten
09-27-2008, 11:31 AM
YAY! That's awesome. :carrot:I hit a plateau a little while back around the exact same weight. I was 141 for like 3-4 weeks. Then after a weekend of eating slightly more calories, i broke it.

As for the shread: I still haven't started...:o I will start on Tuesday when my father in law leaves. he is staying with us until then and I didn't want to have to sneak around and do this when he was here.
I am really eacited. I will still do my spin classes too.

Nish- just a question, are you wanting to go down to 112lbs? I see you are 5'8". I am 5'7 and want to get to 128 i think. Is 112 OK for your height? Just concerned that it might be too low.

It's actually what I weighed before I joined the military back while I was in ballet. While I would love to have that physique again, i've kind of come to realize that my 23-year-old woman's body isn't shaped anything like my 18-year-old teenage girl body was, so i'll probably change it once I get to where i'm comfortable. It's more a joint health thing. The reason I got out of the army was because I shattered the lower half of my right leg and had multiple surgeries to fix the bones in my leg, ankle and foot and achilles tendon. As you can imagine I have horrible arthritis and lots of scar tissue, so the less I weigh the less severe the arthritis, swelling and constant pain. I'm still too heavy at this weight, so i'm feeling it out as I go along.

Here we go again
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Day 5 done! I'm feeling good not sore at all. I may go up to level 2. Do we have to do 10, 10 ,10?

HeatherMcG
09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Oh girls. This DVD kicks my butt. But, it feels so good. like I am actually working and changing my body. Yesterday was day 5, but for unforseen circumstances, I didn't get home until 1:00 am this morning. So, I did JM Day 5 first thing this morning. I am gonna do Day 6 later tonight to keep me on track.

And to agree with others, I do feel more stamina. My form is getting better on all of the exercises. I feel so good. But, I am also walking at least 40 minutes before work too.

***Just a tip. I have myself a big 'ol chest. When you are doing the jumping jacks, use one arm to hold down your chest while moving the other one. Estimate about half way and switch. I know that you are supposed to use both hands but I find when my chest is bouncing around I do not put in as much effort. When I hold them down, I give it 100%! Try it! It works for me.*** :D

JellyBean32882
09-27-2008, 03:57 PM
haha heather, i never tried that, thanks for mentioning it.

SwimGirl
09-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry to just jump in here - I just picked up this DVD today and did a search of it and this thread came up! I plan to start today, I'm very excited! I hope it'll help me lose the last 6 pounds to get to my goal on Oct 16th! I'm a little behind everyone, and hope you all don't mind me hoping in!

-Aimee

HeatherMcG
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome Swimgirl!

Days 5& 6- Complete! Woohoo!

I really can't believe how much stronger I feel! I feel like I could level up already. But, I will resist and wait 4 more days. I want to do this right! Also, I am a bit scared.... have you guys previewed Level 2??? YIKES!!!!

NishKitten
09-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Welcome Swimgirl!

Days 5& 6- Complete! Woohoo!

I really can't believe how much stronger I feel! I feel like I could level up already. But, I will resist and wait 4 more days. I want to do this right! Also, I am a bit scared.... have you guys previewed Level 2??? YIKES!!!!

Two looks awful, but have you previewed level 3!?

Jillian scares me more than the drill sgt's did at BCT... :faint:

Dragging my butt off to take a hot bath with epsom salt now. Goodnight!

ducky0224
09-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I have tried the first and second, and wow. I couldn't do it. you really have to be in shape already to do those. I don't think I could do it untill I lose about 50 lbs. anyone here who does it deserves a big gold medal. It is hard. I have a friend who weighs 150, and tries to do it but has a hard time with it.

SwimGirl
09-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Heather - thanks!! I can't wait until things get easier!

Nish - yikes! Although a bath sounds fab!

I did my first workout - why oh why does Jillian hate me so much?!?!? LOL. It was a lot harder than I thought, but I guess this is what you gotta put in to get the results! 1 down - just 29 more to go!

-Aimee

KateRN
09-28-2008, 02:13 AM
i just finished my first work out on level 1 - holy crap! i just pushed myself harder in 20 min with that video than i did for my 40 minutes i did earlier today in the gym! wow!

KateRN
09-28-2008, 03:18 AM
*and* btw - looking at the way the sweat pants just nicely sat on her hips was *great* motivation - i would do anything for that!

girl anachronism
09-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Day 6 complete! The first circuit is the hardest for me, so once I've gotten through those first 6 minutes, I know I'm good for the rest of it.

Just my opinion for anyone thinking of skipping ahead.... Jillian created the workout this way for a reason. It is supposed to get easier as it goes along, and then when it's time for you start a new level, you're ready to be pushed harder. If you think it's too easy now, just look forward to the fresh challenge that is only a few days away. Just my opinion, of course! :)

SwimGirl
09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Kate - omg! Yes, I would LOVE to have sweat pants sit like that on me! Not to mention wearing a sports bra without anything on top!

girl anachronism - I also have to agree with you with the whole moving ahead before it's time.

Day 2! I woke up with sore inner thighs, but it wasn't too bad. Sometimes I enjoy sore muscles, makes me feel like I'm working hard, yah know?? It was also a little easier today, maybe it was my healthy breakfast!

-Aimee

jillpeeps
09-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Day Seven done!! Uh I didn't think I was going to be able to do it today. It's my TOM and I have a bad cold/sinus infection. But it feels good knowing I pushed myself through the workout. I have not looked at level 2 yet and am scared to! LOL.

Here we go again
09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
So I was feeling froggy and wanted to be with you guys. So I did two today! I don't even know what day is this. I think it's 7! I'm so excited, it's getting way easier but I'm a little nervous about the next level.

Great jobs ladies! I can't wait to hear how our bodies have changed at the end of 30 days!

WormwoodDoll
09-29-2008, 03:25 AM
I feel so...unfit! Haha. I did a trial today, because Monday starts my official logging of my progress, but MAN! MY *** GOT KICKED. I didn't realize how this really does tone up the body. My arms are saying oh god, but my body's like THANK YOUUUU.

SwimGirl
09-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Day 3 complete!! I am pretty sore, but its still manageable! I can't wait to see the results - if only we could fast forward and find out! lol.

-Aimee

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I was just thinking that swim girl. You know the movie click it? I was thinking maybe we could do that but not too much like he did.

I'm a little sore in my lower back today. I think it has to do with me being doing JM twice yesterday.

princess2323
09-29-2008, 03:18 PM
i'll be joining shortly--- i just have to get the dvd this week and i'll start as soon as i get it ---but keeep it up everyone--- it sounds great

i am still trying
09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
OK Ladies,
my DVD is officially ordered and they are shipping it to the Chapters locaton by my house !!! YAY!!!

Probably wont be there until early next week though...:(
Did you all take measurments of yourselves first?

girl anachronism
09-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Day 7 complete!

platnumjo
09-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I am definitely looking into this... I almost ordered the dvd on amazon Friday, but I wanted to hear some feedback first. You all sound like its really doing some work! Do you have to buy any equipment (weights, mat, bands, etc...) to do the workouts?

Spiders from Mars
09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I got the DVD this morning, and just did my first day of level 1. Holy. Cow. I was skeptical about it only being 20 minutes, but it was an awesome workout! I can't wait to do it again :carrot:

PS: platnumjo, if you're doing it on a hard floor, you will want a mat. And yes, you use hand weights.. I started with 3lb. weights. :)

JellyBean32882
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Well as I posted in the fitness board, I find it hard for me to exercise when there are people in the house, I like to be secret when exercising.. can't do it outside obviously.. how do I break this secrecy and not care what people think of me exercising?

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm the same way jelly bean. I don't mind if I'm doing it with my roommate but I don't want others to see me dong the shred. Maybe b/c I'm sweating so much.

joyra
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm a week late with you guys and will be another week behind, too but I still want in on this challenge! I am going out of town for 3 days this weekend so I will start it Sunday evening when I get back.

Since I moved to Korea in late August, my exercising and eating habits have been in the toilet. I've just started walking more and buying healthier foods and I'm excited to make some real headway on getting in shape. I love the Biggest Loser and since I'm not big enough to compete, this is my next best option to have Jillian boss me around.

JellyBean32882
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
It's hard to exercise in your room on the second floor of the house, I always fear shaking the whole second floor, my brother has valuables in his room next to mine - oi.

HeatherMcG
09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, I'm not sure where my posts are going.... I had a good one last night!

Anyway, day 7 done last night and day 8 tonight!

jmfan317
09-29-2008, 08:41 PM
My dvd is on its way I'm thinkin it should be here this week.

HeatherMcG- I luv ur avatar

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 09:28 PM
day 8 done! After I'm done my face is still red and I still sweat but I'm not out of breath like I was. I'm so excited!

HeatherMcG
09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Day 8 done and feeling good. Time for a shower!

SwimGirl
09-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Day 3 complete! I thought I had posted, but I don't see it! Today was a little bit easier! My legs were so sore afterwards, and boy did I curse the stairs at work today! lol. I love love love that this workout is only 20-some odd minutes! I don't think I can say that enough!

-Aimee

girl anachronism
09-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Day 8 complete!

My cold was just not getting better, in fact it was getting worse, so I actually took today off from work. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do the workout today, but I was feeling pretty good at 3:00, so I did it. The only thing I did differently was I did the punches instead of jumping jacks in the first circuit, and punches instead of jump rope. The jumping jacks and jump rope were making me cough like crazy, so I figured I should probably ease off on those. Hopefully I'll be able to do them tomorrow!

One thing I've noticed is 30 Day Shred makes me sweat like crazy! I usually run a few miles on Saturday mornings and don't sweat as much then as I do in this 20 minute workout.

Annita
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
i'm kind of late for this thread. Just get the dvd and ready to get start tonight. It's the beginning of new month too (Oct 1st) so on Oct 31, i hope to have a good result. :( Altho idk if i'll be able to handle it but we'll see lol.

Here we go again
09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Ann- you'll do great!

xYourBelleMortex
09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Do you guys know that if you have comcast cable - then the first two stages are on demand?

I would start this - but my back has been out and I am doing the thai chi route for now. I think if i rocked the jumping jacks I would end up in the hospital. :)

Annita
09-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks Here we go again ^^

i took a peek at level 1. Oh my gosh....
anyways, cardio and abs - they didn't seem too challenge for me since i've been doing most cardio and flexible enough for them.
But strength training.... i might gonna die from the very first round lol.
I'm thinking about getting 1kg/ea dumbbells instead of 3kg that i'm having. >_< Yes i will just go and buy them today to start the work out tonight :( Or else, i dont think i'll be able to handle the strength training part >____<

HeatherMcG
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Day 9- Complete!

Boy do I feel good! I must admit, even though I am sweating profusely, today's workout was relatively easy! I must be getting stronger. I bet I won't be saying the same thing come Day 11!

Oh, guess what I found last night? ..............A bicep!! Yes, a real, hard, muscle. I can't believe it. I am toning!!!

jillpeeps
09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Day 8 Complete!!! I also noticed that the workouts are getting easy but I am still sweating like crazy. I think I'll be ready for another step up by Day 11 and am kind of excited to start a new level. Keep up the good work everyone.

Here we go again
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Day 9 done! I was sick all day and almost didn't do it tonight, but decided that I would. I'm glad that I did.

Heather- I feel the same way. Day 11 won't be so easy!

Ann- You don't have to buy weights, use two canned goods or two water bottles. You can totally improvise. I have full faith that you can do it! The first two days are the worse.

I'm so proud of everybody! It was because of y'all that I did it tonight. I didn't want to have to explain why I didn't do it! Thanks girls!

SwimGirl
09-30-2008, 11:55 PM
I was also sick all day, BUT I did it! Day 4 DONE!! My throat is killing me, I plan to go to bed early so I can workout tomorrow too!!

girl - I noticed that I am sweating a TON as well! I actually need a towel! Kind of gross, but it's gotta be a good workout!

Heather - Yay! I hope to see some muscles pop out too! It's gotta be the pushups, right? We are semi close in weight - have you weighed yet? I am curious to see if I will lose 20 pounds because I am following a great diet right now!

here we go again - I also didn't want to miss posting to say I did it!

-Aimee

kelli32
10-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Just finished Day 1.. my calves are dying. It just so happened that I rode my bike to the tanning salon, then took the dog for a mile run and went straight into the video after that. It really helped with being warm and loosened up but it killed me towards the end of the video. I just used 5 lb weights through the whole thing.. the strength training part was super easy so I may buy 8 or 10's.. I don't want bulging bicepts so stick with 5 or what?

I'm super excited to keep this goin especially since a lot of you are ahead of me its like a little preview of whats to come!

Annita
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Day 1 complete.

my legs aren't as sore as i thought - probably because i'm working out with my legs more often so it used to this pace. Jumping rode, etc.... pretty easy for me.
But my arms. Boy. I didn't get chance to buy 1kg dumbbells or found any empty bottles so i used my 3kg and i have to say i couldn't keep it up with her. I managed to go through all but use 5 sec break quite few times lolz.

But i have to say it feels good after the work out. MY head is a bit light, but i feel very energetic. Through half the workout i thought i was gonna die, but it got better and better in the end. ^_^ Not to mention lots of sweating :D

Hope everyone do great job too ;)

prepping
10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi all! I just picked up the dvd yesterday after seeing all your favourable reviews and I am liking it so far! I look forward to seeing what the effects of going at it for a whole month is. It wasn't quite as hard as I expected -- but I still had to rest my arms a couple times for a few seconds. Using 5lb weights at the moment.

I'll be sure to jump back in here to mention my progress and see all of your successes with it! :D

HeatherMcG
10-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Ladies, today is the day!! Take your 10 day weight loss and measurements!!!

Some are choosing to wait and weigh in tomorrow morning. Your choice, just don't forget! And remember even if your numbers don't change... you are still getting healthy! That, is a victory itself!:carrot:

So post away! Let's see how we are doing!:D

HeatherMcG
i am still trying
jillpeeps
wormwooddoll
Here we go again
mjluva829
SephyFowl
NishKitten
ZetaMD2Be
sh315
kukristen

And anyone who joined us is more than welcome to join in!!!! I just posted the original commiters.

NishKitten
10-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Starting weight: 146.2
Starting Measurements: 34D - 28 - 39.5, thighs: 25.75

Day 10 Weight: 141.4
Measurements: 34D (though my back has noticeably less 'strap squish') - 27.75 - 39, thighs: 25.25

So, i'm down 4.8lbs, 1/4 inch in the waist, 1/2 inch in the hips, and 1/2 inch in the thighs. Whoo!

Now let's hope this trend keeps up the rest of the 20 days!

girl anachronism
10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Day 9 complete!

This thread is so helping me stay motivated. Even though I worked overtime, had to grocery shop, and still have to cook dinner, I made sure to do my workout.

You girls are awesome, keep it up!

jillpeeps
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Uh Day 9 Complete!!! It feels great to stick w/ something everday. Congrats Nishkitten on the loss! I will post my weight loss on Saturday it'll be day 12 for me but that is weigh in day...Good luck to everyone.

SwimGirl
10-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Day 5 Complete!! I got home late from work today, but made sure to work out. Normally I'd use this as a great excuse not to do it.

I can't wait to see everyone's results!!

Nish - Congrats on your loss!! Amazing!!

-Aimee

i am still trying
10-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Ok, I am well, a little behind. My DVD is waiting for me at Chapters and I think i will make it there on Friday to pick it up. I have been doing other workouts in the meantime. So I will be about half way behind you all.
I can't wait. really looking fwd. to the short workout.

Do any of you still do other workouts too? I think i will keep up my 2-3 cardio sessions a week. Is that do-able?

PS-I am down to 137!! WOHO

Annita
10-02-2008, 11:04 AM
day 2 complete

i feel abit stronger than yesterday cuz i noticed i didn't use as much "break" as i was in the 1st day.
Still sweating a whole lot and thinking "i might die" while working out.

@i am still trying: I still do morning workout (24 minutes).

Here we go again
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, girls b/c I'm sick I decided to take off a day. I'm going to start level 2 today and double up one day this weekend. I'm curious to see how everyone is doing on level 2.

I think I'm going to wait to take my measurements until the end. I like the element of surprise more. :)

jmfan317
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm a little behind 2 until my dvd gets here in the mail this week.

prepping
10-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Everyone is doing great in terms of holding onto that commitment of doing the dvd every day! absolutely fantastic. :)

I have a mini success story from yesterday! I had the option to go out last night for dinner but because I wanted to really make sure I got my workout in, I instead went home and was perfectly fine with that! Had a great 2nd day, less breaks, sweat just as much. And on top of that, I look forward to going home and doing it tonight. :)

For you ladies moving on to the next workout, please let us late people know how it is!

kelli32
10-02-2008, 12:51 PM
3rd day done! my knee is bothering me again (old injury) so I'm going to ice it but those knee circles really help. I've been doing those randomly throughout the day when my knee feels stiff and it helps a lot. I'm lovin it though my core feels a lot stronger already.

kukristen
10-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey all!

Day seven is done... I took my measurements this morning, but left them at home (argh) but I do remember that I lost 5.5 inches overall since I've started... so that made me feel awesome.

Workout eight tonight!

HeatherMcG
10-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh girls,

I have no idea what I am going to do. Yesterday during Circuit 1, I was doing jumping jacks. About half way through, I jumped up and thought, "Something doesn't feel right." Came back down and pain shot through my lower back and down my legs. Immediately, my legs went numb for a moment and I sort of fell forward. I started stretching in many different ways thinking I had just tweaked it a little. No such luck. After taking some Bayer and resting a little I stubbornly finished the workout trying to be kind to my aching back and legs. I talked to someone today about it and they think it could be a pinched nerve. I am going to have it checked out tonight.:?:

I am down 6 pounds and 4.5 inches!!!! Woo hoo!! :carrot::D:carrot:

I really don't want to stop now. I am seeing such progress. I have actually grown to love this and look forward to it daily. I may just struggle through it... I don't know......:(

Great job to all so far! I look forward to reading the check in posts every day.

NishKitten
10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh girls,

I have no idea what I am going to do. Yesterday during Circuit 1, I was doing jumping jacks. About half way through, I jumped up and thought, "Something doesn't feel right." Came back down and pain shot through my lower back and down my legs. Immediately, my legs went numb for a moment and I sort of fell forward. I started stretching in many different ways thinking I had just tweaked it a little. No such luck. After taking some Bayer and resting a little I stubbornly finished the workout trying to be kind to my aching back and legs. I talked to someone today about it and they think it could be a pinched nerve. I am going to have it checked out tonight.:?:

I am down 6 pounds and 4.5 inches!!!! Woo hoo!! :carrot::D:carrot:

I really don't want to stop now. I am seeing such progress. I have actually grown to love this and look forward to it daily. I may just struggle through it... I don't know......:(

Great job to all so far! I look forward to reading the check in posts every day.

Yes, yes get it checked and take it easy okay? :hug:
Feel better, and hopefully it's just some byproduct of sleeping or landing funny and it will go away soon. Crossing my fingers for you! :crossed:

girl anachronism
10-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Don't risk serious injury! Take it easy and follow the advice of your doctor. Congrats on your success so far!

As for me:

Day 10 and Level 1 complete!

Down 0 pounds. :( I'm not worried, though, because it's my TOM, so I'm just happy I haven't gained!

However, I've had some amazing success inches wise, so I must be building some muscle. As long as I'm losing inches, I'm not going to freak out about the pounds. I usually lose about 2 pounds the week after my TOM.

Chest: -1.5 inches
Waist: - 2 inches (!!)
Hips: - 1 inch
Thigh: - 0
Arm: - 0
Calf: - .5 inch

jmfan317
10-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Congrats HeatherMcG and Kukristen!! I hope ur knee and back get better HeatherMcG!!

WormwoodDoll
10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I didn't do the shred yesterday. I'm upset about it, but, I was sent home from work because I was shaky and very flushed. I felt like throwing up. This always happen when it's TOM.

WormwoodDoll
10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
And HeatherMcG, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee, but congrats on the progress!

I didn't take my measurements, but I have been tracking the pounds.

jillpeeps
10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Day 10 complete!!! Tomorrow starts level 2 so that should be interesting. HeatherMcG I am glad to hear you going to get it checked out! Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I am so proud of everyone I can't believe how many of us are still going!!! I get frustrated taking measurements as I never seem to get it right as I don't know if I ever get the same spot and get mixed results. Does anyone else have that problem? Also anyone on level 2 how is it going?

WormwoodDoll
10-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Just completed day 3. Since I didn't do it yesterday, I will be making it up. This means my shred will just be over the 30th! I've read other posts and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who needed breaks! :cool: I'm feeling good. I weighed myself (with TOM!!) and I'm down to 230!

NishKitten
10-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Dear god... Level 2...

Jillian either moonlights as a dominatrix or she's got a vendetta against everyone on the friggin' planet!

My abs are KILLING me. Be ready for level two... she's making darn sure you have the outline of a six pack by day 21. I feel like day 1 all over again. :cry: *limps off to take a bath*

SwimGirl
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Heather - oh my goodness! Definitely get that all checked out! I hope you get goods news, have a long hot bath and sleeeep! I honestly think sleep will make everything better. lol. Congrats on the progress though!!

Nish - yikes, something to... looking forward to? lol. Yikes!

Alright ladies I am SO SO impressed with all your results!! Tomorrow is my WI day, after 6 days on the shred... TOM is here, but I've been 100% on plan with my diet, so I don't see how I couldn't see a loss!

Ooops, also I finished day Day 6! WAY less breaks! I am having issues with the pushups, I just can't touch my chest to the floor. I guess I have weak arms?

-Aimee

Here we go again
10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Dear god... Level 2...

Jillian either moonlights as a dominatrix or she's got a vendetta against everyone on the friggin' planet!

My abs are KILLING me. Be ready for level two... she's making darn sure you have the outline of a six pack by day 21. I feel like day 1 all over again. :cry: *limps off to take a bath*

Oh my goodness! I feel the exact way!!!! I was like what happened to the nice Jillian??? She is no longer with us on this journey. I felt like day again too. I'm actually glad. I don't feel sore yet, but in the morning I'm sure I'm going to feel it. The only thing is a lot of the plank exercises my shoes were trying to come off. I have to tie them tighter tomorrow. Level 2 day 1 done!

Heather- I'm praying for you girl. Let us know how you are feeling.

SwimGirl
10-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Day 7 complete! Today was my WI - no change. Kind of shocked at that. But I'm hoping this is because TOM ended yesterday! Next WI is Wednesday (I always weigh on my day off and thats my only day off next week), so cross your fingers for me!!

-Aimee

girl anachronism
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Level 2 Day 1, Day 11 overall complete!

I must be a masochist because I love Level 2! It makes me feel so strong and capable. Plus, I love that the girls on the DVD have a great sense of humor. I thought it was really fun! I'm sick, I know. ;)

i am still trying
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Picked up DVD, am sore from body pump class yesterday. i cant even imagine working out.

Question:
HAve you all ben super sore and then done the Shred the next day? Or have any of you felt too sore to workout the next day?

I will start tomorrow, hopefully i will be able to bend down by then...:)

jmfan317
10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I got the dvd in the mail today and gonna skim through it 2 c wat its like. I'm gonna start my first day of Shred 2morrow.

Spiders from Mars
10-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I've done 4 of the level one workouts now, and I love it. I'm finally able to walk again, but I still get a good sweat! I'm excited for level 2 :)

ChileanChick
10-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey all!
Well, I´ve seen a lot of good comments on this DVD so I really want to get it, but I live in Chile so it´s kind of difficult, but my aunt is in the US now, so where can she get it? I know nothing about stores there so if you can help me and tell me some place where she can get it i´ll really thank you!

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Chil- tell her to go to Target or Wal-mart. That's probably the cheapest place.

OMG!!!! Level 2- day 2 I've never sweat this much.... I'm litterally drenched in sweat and feel so out of breath.I love it! Please forgive me world for ever complaining that level 1 was too easy.... level 2 had kicked my butt. I can tell an improvement from yesterday already. I'm still not sore but that's ok.

jillpeeps
10-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh boy!!! Just did level 2 for the first time and I feel like I am going to die. Honestly if I can do level 2 finish to end w/o breaks by the end of these next ten days I will be very impressed w/ myself. That workout really steps it up another level. I don't even want to know what level 3 is like! But I must say it's a really good workout and I look forward to improving w/ it everyday. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

SwimGirl
10-03-2008, 11:49 PM
I am still trying - I haven't ever been too sore to work out. I've been a little sore, but nothing toooo bad! That said, I am still on level 1!

ChileanChick - Wal-Mart is where I got mine, it was 9.88, very good price!

I have 13 days until I'm off on a mini vacation, it's going to be TOUGH for me because I am working 11 of those days! Darn work is getting in the way of my workouts! heh..

-Aimee

ChileanChick
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the advise!!!
I´ll tell her and later post to let u know if she got it!

jmfan317
10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
That or u can order it online like on Amazon I did. I just got it 2day and looked at the levels. I'll little scaried cuz it looks somewhat difficult but I'm ready 4 a challenge and I'm gonna make it through all the workouts each day nonstop. I start day one 2morrow. I'll let u know how it went.

Annita
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
day 4 completed.
It's almost my TOM (in probably 1-2 days) so i'm kind of exhausted and getting dizzy after working out. But i know i'm getting stronger because lifting those weights doesn't seem as impossible as in day 1. It's a good feeling seeing myself getting stronger everyday ^^ And i don't think i'll move on to next level soon even after day 10. I think i'll stick with this lvl 1 for longer time than 10 days since lifting my dumbbells still don't feel as comfortable as i want to. I want myself to be totally ready for level 2 (which means for me that level 1 should be totally easy to do :D For now, it's still seem quite hard)

Hope everyone is doing ok.

HeatherMcG
10-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear so many are still on board.

Update: I had my back checked out yesterday. It is nothing serious. Just some muscles moving into places they shouldn't have been! She said it was probably just because I was moving my body in ways it wasn't used to moving. So no JM on Thursday or Friday. I will level up today and do Level 2. Between now and level 3, I will try to double up to catch up. I just have to take sort of easy for a while.

I am still sore and still have pain down my legs into my thighs but it is a lot less than before.

Good luck to everyone.

jmfan317
10-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey all,
I just finished my first day of level 1 shred.:carrot: I have never sweated so much in my life doin 20 mins. Jumpin jacks then right in2 jump rope and the jogging type thing where ur literally kickin ur own butt my legs were on fire I had 2 take a small break in between some of those workouts. My legs and arms are killin me but I made it through. :D I definately need to invest in a sports bra. LOL! Level definately isn't easy but once I build my endurance I'll be able to go through the whole workout without stopping. Day 2 is 2morrow. I can't wait til it gets easier as I progress.

HeatherMcG
10-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Holy Cow!! Level 2 is brutal!~~ :)

Maybe that's because I had a 2 day injury break??? I don't know.

girl anachronism
10-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Day 12 done!

i am still trying
10-04-2008, 06:53 PM
PICKED IT UP!!!
Starting Monday sonce I am still super sore from a workout i did on Thursday!!, I know, embarassing.
Anyways looking forward to sharing my results with everyone.
good work girls!

NishKitten
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
No Heather, you are quite right. It is brutal.

Does anyone else get an inkling like maybe Jillian and Nicole (the curly-haired one) date? If they don't they certainly flirt like they do. Smoochie smoochie! :o

And for my last comment of the evening before I go do some yoga stretches for my aching and abused abs... F!@% walking push ups! Thank you and good night.

ChileanChick
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey I watched a clip (the one posted in page 1) and I really think I won´t be able to complete a whole sesion, I know it´s just 20 mins but it looke really really hard!
Is there anyone who couldn´t complete the 20 mins? Should I try anyway?

Ahh my aunt bought me the DVD so I´ll start when she gets back to Chile! Yey!

Its Courtney
10-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I ran out and bought this tonight after some recommendations. I'm so excited and READY to start!! On Monday of course. :)

Tonight and tomorrow will be "treat" days for me...I'm REALLY wanting some sweets cause it's my TOM...blaaah!

Monday it is!

Annita
10-05-2008, 01:24 AM
@Chile: this DVD is hard, i know. I didn't quit out, still stick to it, but i use alot of 5sec breaks. That do helps. Also, the fact that i see the biggest loser and see themselves putting all they got, it does give me courage to stick with it.
Oh and please don't say you can't do it. You can do it ^-^ The first few days might too hard, but you'll see yourself improve every single day ^-^ It's a great feeling and i know you don't want to miss it ^-^

KateRN
10-05-2008, 01:44 AM
i upped to the level 2 too fast! i couldnt even finish it and had to go back to level 1. i have a hard time doing it because we live in a small apartment and when the boy isnt at work, he is here! i'm too embarrassed to do it in front of him so i've only been doing it every couple days and going to the gym on the off days.

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Level 2 day 3 done. I still sweated bad, but it's so good.

Is Jillian gay?

Heather- It is very brutal.

KateRN
10-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Is Jillian gay?

thats been the rumor. personally, i have no idea and i have not researched it much. i heard she was tied to the lesbian gym owner of that personal training reality show in LA... the name is totally escaping me right now.

regardless, i love her! she is so motivating and so good at what she does. she is also GORGEOUS and watching her while i work out is FABULOUS motivation! and frankly, if she wanted me - i'd def start questioning my own sexual orientation!

JoyfulVegGirl
10-05-2008, 03:54 AM
I just got this a few days ago and did L1D1 and it kicked my butt! I've done some pretty intense workouts before (tabata drills anyone?) but this is a whole 'nother level of intense.

Anyway, due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn't able to work out for two days, so I'm starting over tomorrow. I can't wait to see everyone's results! :D

SwimGirl
10-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Kate - the show is called Work It. The woman's name is Jackie I believe.. I agree, Jillian could cause me to switch teams ;)

Heather - glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious!!

Day 8 completed yesterday, I just forgot to post! I came home from work, and although we were went to a party, I sneaked the workout in! I reallllly contemplated not doing it, bad me.. but since I wasn't sore, or sick, I'm going to just keep at 'er! Especially since I'm feeling some results, my waist looks visibly smaller!! I will do measurements on Wednesday!

-Aimee

Annita
10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
day 5 completed.

OMG it's been 5 days already. I can't believe i am able to stick with it lolz.
Day 5 - great improvement since i didn't think during the WHOLE TIME "i'm going to die". lolz. I can see my endurance has gone up since day 1. ^-^ Today, i can really tell that my legs were shaking after the workout. My arms are obviously stronger since i can lift my dumbbells much easier than the 1st day. Oh i haven't told you guys. I didn't switch to 1kg dumbbells and sticked to 3 kg. I thought i couldn't but after day 5, i can see that i'm capable to lift them ;)

I still haven't seen any much improvement on visual muscles yet. But my bf (which learn martial arts and stuff) touched my arms and said that he can feel the muscle is growing. So i'm glad. I trust him on this matter so i'll take that :D

@kate: yes if Jillian wants to take me, i would definitely question my own sexual orientation as well lol. She's just simply gorgeous.
@swimgirl: congrate on your smaller waist ^-^ it's awesome to be able to see such improvement isn't it :) I can't wait for my waist to come down a lil bit as well.

NishKitten
10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Well if that's the case then Jackie needs to get Jillian straight because she is for sure flirting with Nicole on that DVD. Maybe it was before they were together and she was still playing the field. Regardless, it makes me laugh so I don't notice how bad those double jumprope's are.

Watch it, I swear she's just about licking her chops every time she goes to talk to her! LoL.

Sorry for outing her, I kinda feel bad now since people didn't know. 5 years in the Army tends to give you ultrasonic gaydar, so I apologize. She's is fantastic and horrible all at the same time, and yeah, after experiencing her workouts I would probably date her too. I bet she's intense about *everything*. :D

girl anachronism
10-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Jillian is not gay. She's talked about a boyfriend on her radio show. Although, I think she also mentioned them breaking up (I'm obsessed with her radio show, I'm listening right now!).

And I really don't think she's flirting with Natalie on the video. If that's flirting, I must flirt waaaaaaaay more than I ever realized.

As for Jackie, the woman on Work Out, Jillian used to own Sky Sport with Jackie, but sold her part, because it did not fit with her philosophies on working out and weight loss.

I'm a big Jillian fan. ;)

jmfan317
10-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I just woke up and my whole body is sore. I start day 2 level 1 and I'm gonna push through the pain. I can't wait to see the results has the days go by. Jillian rocks!! And is kickin my butt everytime I do this dvd.

NishKitten
10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Jillian is not gay. She's talked about a boyfriend on her radio show. Although, I think she also mentioned them breaking up (I'm obsessed with her radio show, I'm listening right now!).

And I really don't think she's flirting with Natalie on the video. If that's flirting, I must flirt waaaaaaaay more than I ever realized.

As for Jackie, the woman on Work Out, Jillian used to own Sky Sport with Jackie, but sold her part, because it did not fit with her philosophies on working out and weight loss.

I'm a big Jillian fan. ;)

Or they had a bad break up. :p

Bwahahaha!!! Mmmkay... she and Vanessa were best friends like Lindsay and Sam. She can try the tomboy thing all she wants, but i'm not buying it. She's playing for both teams temporarily, or she likes the ladies.

When 98% of your female friends and coworkers are lesbanese (lol), but have to keep it super secret, you learn to pick up on little nuances. She's def checking her out and flirting. I got some of my friends on this DVD and ironically that was the first thing they joked about as well. I'm not crazy, I swear!

Speaking of which, I suddenly dropped 6lbs overnight, and it's kind of freaking me out. I thought I looked unusually slender this morning so I weighed myself and yep, -6. I also woke up to the beginning outlines of a six pack and my inner arms now have that cut in the bicep! I'm also starting to get a cut in my inner thighs. WHOO!!!!

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Nish- I'm so jealous!!! That has not happened to me. I can tell I'm losing inches but no weight at all. It doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if I'll be this weight forever and just keep losing inches.... I know that won't happen but I've been this weight for three months! Level 2 day 4 done. I also made up the one day I missed when I was sick from level 1. I can't believe I did two workouts, she's really kicking my butt.

girl anachronism
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Day 13 done!

I truly feel like I am, as Jillian says, gargling my heart.

NishKitten
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Nish- I'm so jealous!!! That has not happened to me. I can tell I'm losing inches but no weight at all. It doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if I'll be this weight forever and just keep losing inches.... I know that won't happen but I've been this weight for three months! Level 2 day 4 done. I also made up the one day I missed when I was sick from level 1. I can't believe I did two workouts, she's really kicking my butt.

I always find that my changes happen drastically and in giant leaps, never gradual like a lot of other people. When I first started 30DS, the first 6 days or so I actually *gained* 10lbs and all of my clothes barely fit, then all the sudden I dropped some of the puff and went back to normal, and now it seems like the fat and water are disappearing and I can see the muscle definition. I hate how unpredictable and stubborn my body is, and as much as it is a blessing to have such a high lean muscle content and be able to put on muscle so easily, it's really hard to guage how many calories I need, so thats most of the problem.

I asked my new primary care doc when I saw him early this week and he did a body composition test. He told me straight up that my weight fluctuates wildly because my body is constantly in a fasting mode, that i've got genetics that body builders dream about, and I need almost 1000 more calories a day.

Apparently it's a lot more than I thought, or even desire to eat so i've added protein shakes to bump my daily cals from 1100-1300 to 1900-2100 since Thursday. It did the trick, and I suddenly don't need 12 hours of sleep a day to feel rested anymore either.

It could be something as simple as that.

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Nish- I've been playing around with my calories for a while. I upped them to 2200 and I actually started gaining. Now I'm back to 1800 and haven't lost any. I keep losing inches but I have only lost 4 in the last three months. But I've lost a lot of inches. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18 so I guess I'm doing something right but I can't get below 280. Grr.... I don't know what else to do.

jmfan317
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I just completed Day 2 Level 1. I'm still sweatin like crazy. I did notice that I didn't take as many breaks as I did yesterday. So I'm slowly gainin my endurance back and it feels great. Hoping by day 5 I can make it through the whole workout without stopping. I'm still on track with my cals so thats a plus. I have to be at work at 5:30 pm it shouldn't be a long shift cuz then I have to work tomorrow at 9 am. Keep up the good work girls!!

HeatherMcG
10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Level 2 Day 2 complete!! :)

xYourBelleMortex
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Alright Heather, Nish and Here we Go again,

I am soooo on to you guys!!! I am now under the impression that you are Jillian jumping on the 3FC board to make this girl (me) hurt. (tongue in cheek of course) lol. So, I follow this thread for like a week or so. I am anxiously watching the progress and the chit chat... but i figured with a bad back - there is no way I could ever do this stupid video. Yeah, well, I went to a pumpkin patch today and when I got the pictures uploaded - I was like Eff It. I am gonna try this thing. I go on On Demand and I am gonna do this damn thing. The only thing I literally couldn't do was the cool down - my back just wont even let me bend over. I am wondering if there are extra stretches I can do to fix this.

Jillian is the Devil. I was out of breath in like the first five minutes... I managed to do the whole thing, and you all can go ahead and add me to the board, but I am so not happy about it. I am sooooo not happy about it.

You really forget that fat means more than looking awful. Blech, I am going in the shower to cry. I hope this gets easier.

- Paula

Marms
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I just ordered this DVD from overstock.com but I have a question. I thought you were supposed to take a day or two of rest between training you muscles so they can repair themselves. So if you do this workout daily, isn't that overkill? Or does Jillian explain why it is meant to be done daily in the vid?

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
YourBella- First of all, you're funny. I'm so proud of you! The first step is doing it. Good job. Yes, I promise you it gets better. There are a lot of stretches you can do instead of bending over. I would google stretches. Welcome to the thread. There's going to be days that you don't even want to force yourself to do it. I sure have them, but I can't imagine coming on here and not staying with everyone. So you can do it!!!

SwimGirl
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Today was a day I totally didn't want to do it! I got next to NO sleep, and felt sick allll day! Ugh. But I am VERY proud to say, DAY 9 COMPLETE!!! Phew! Is there anyone out there who didn't feel like they were ready to move to Level 2? I am a little nervous!! I think I will just move on, mostly because I plan to restart the whole thing when I get back from my mini vacation!

Also, anyone getting a sore lower back? Mine was bothering me last night.

-Aimee

xYourBelleMortex
10-05-2008, 11:11 PM
YourBella- First of all, you're funny. I'm so proud of you! The first step is doing it. Good job. Yes, I promise you it gets better. There are a lot of stretches you can do instead of bending over. I would google stretches. Welcome to the thread. There's going to be days that you don't even want to force yourself to do it. I sure have them, but I can't imagine coming on here and not staying with everyone. So you can do it!!!

Hahah Thanks. I thrive on the humor. hahah at least you are proud of me. i have to admit that i laughed most of the way through it and called Jillian about 65 four letter power words. I literally couldn't do it in the time that she wanted me to... I am just hoping by the end of the level 1 I will be able to do it without stopping.

NishKitten
10-05-2008, 11:18 PM
LoL!!! If I get to be secret Jillian, do I get to have her awesome shoulders and arms?

It's rough. I did it today still half drunk and sweating pure vodka. I think it was about halfway through the plank jacks when I started cussing out the TV and asking her what the @#$% I did to make her hate me so much.

She's a baaaaaaaaad chick.

Marms -- There are people who will disagree with me, but the recommendation of "rest days" that is wisdom in the world of sports medicine is given to pro athletes that do super intense training for hours everyday. The average person does not in any way shape or form need the same sort of recovery that a pro athlete does. What most of us do in a day, especially those who work sedentary jobs, your hour at the gym is nothing compared to what some people normally do all day every day at their regular job. Do they find it essential to take rest days? It's really about putting your level of activity into perspective. Most of us aren't doing as much as we percieve we are with that measly 30-60 minutes at the gym. Our bodies are amazing and they are designed to be able to handle repeated stress, exhaustion, and hard work. The key to maintaining your strength and being your best every day is proper nutrition and getting enough sleep!

"Rest days" are overrated and over-prescribed to the masses. It's good advice, but it doesn't really apply to normal folks unless you're just trying to keep from getting burned out, or you are starting completely from scratch as a beginner. If you are a true beginner, I would honestly recommend that you get yourself in moderately good shape before trying this program because the risk of injury is higher and a true beginner does need more recovery time than someone who has been working out regularly for awhile. The program is great, gives great results, and is so short that it does not require any sort of rest day. It's 20 minutes. You have the other 23:40 to recover, especially if you only essentially go to work, eat, and go to bed.

If you're ready to get started, then the welcome wagon is here with open arms! :hug: Come, and join us in our misery that is so absurdly satisfying. It's challenging and I believe we are all in agreement that Jillian is a sociopath hellbent on destruction ... fat destruction, that is. :D

My butt WILL fit in these size 6 matchstick jeans I have stapled to my wall by day 30!

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Bella- at one point during the level 2 she says, "I'm sure you're thinking what is the crazy woman thinking.'" I'm always YES!!!! You crazy pycho woman! But, everyday I do more and I get better. Everyday i improve. Everyday you will get better. You will be sore tomorrow or the next day but if you work through the soreness, it totally goes away. I promise!

Swim- it's awesome that you did it. No excuses, you're an inspiration! My lower back was hurting to. On some of the ab stuff that we lift our legs, I have to do it on the carpet and sometimes put a small pillow back there. I totally understand about the lower back. Did it just start hurting or has it been hurting? Mine always has hurt if I do the ab lower stuff.

I'm so glad that there's so many people doing this! Thank you all for inspiring me!!!! You ladies are amazing!

JoyfulVegGirl
10-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Day 1 Level 1 done! Again :D All of this talk about level 2 is making me nervous. ;)

HeatherMcG
10-06-2008, 07:47 AM
I am so proud of all of you!!!!!

Bella- WELCOME! We are glad to have you! And way to take initiative and start this. Its weird, you hate thinking about doing it, you hate doing it, but when you are all done and in the shower, you are so glad you did it! Also, I'm not one for committing to exercise everyday, I mean come on, a girl needs a break don't you think? But, if I want to change my body, I HAVE TO DO THIS. So, I have learned to love it! Not to mention, last week I discovered something I have never felt before.......a bicep!

Any girls feel like Level 2 is way quicker than level 1. I'm always like, "Done already? Did I miss something?" HHMmmmm..... maybe I am becoming a Jillian Junkie? :dizzy:

joyra
10-06-2008, 07:59 AM
I said I'd start yesterday when I got back from my holiday but alas, I was too lazy! Well, laziness no more, I started tonight--right after I did my push-up challenge push-ups for the day, all 30 of them... I had no idea there were push-ups involved!!

Also I don't have dumbbells--so I used nothing. During the chest flies I could see my weak chest muscles twitching away--with no weight! I might try using water bottles tomorrow.

And yes, after swinging my arms like windmills and doing knee circles, I was already tired. But I thought, this is doable. Then I remembered how on the biggest loser, she is relentless. And she is in her workout video too. I survived! :D

i am still trying
10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Yikes ladies,

I am planning to start today after i get home from my new job!!!
I am kind of nervous after hearing all the chat about Jillian the devil :)

No excuses today, it's only 30 mins of my time even if I know I will have lots to do for work right?

I will log in tonight and let everyone know how I did, again slightly scared...

Annita
10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
day 6 completed.
Still sweating like ever. But lots stronger.
I counted how many times i took breaks and i think it was only 3-4 times. :D Great achievement for me ^-^

Hope everyone is doing ok. ^-^

jahjah1223
10-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm going out to buy this DVD today! I'll keep you guys updated

jmfan317
10-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Day 3 level 1 complete. I only stopped 3x's once cuz the phone rang and twice cuz my legs felt like they were gonna fall off. Towards the end it gets so much more easier and I can really tell that my endurance is building up and I'm getting excited. :carrot:

princess2323
10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
got my copy and starting it tonight--- wish me luck--- quite nervous about it ---better stretch--

leighish
10-06-2008, 06:08 PM
did level 1 day 1 today and I'm a little scared. I can really feel the workout but i'm like shaking right now. I wasn't expecting the jumping jacks. eesh.

Spiders from Mars
10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Moved up to level 2 today, since I will be out of town this weekend and won't be able to workout at all. It was SO tough, but it seemed to be done really fast. I'm going to do it again tonight to make up for missing a workout yesterday. I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow ;)

girl anachronism
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Day 14 complete!

jahjah1223
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I do not like the jumping jacks lol

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
It was so much easier today! Level 2 day 5 done. Day 15 done! Half way through baby!

HeatherMcG
10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Level 2 Day 3 !! :broc:

I can't believe how "athletic" I am getting. Wow! Go Jillian. Thanks for making me sweat!

Marms
10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Marms -- There are people who will disagree with me, but the recommendation of "rest days" that is wisdom in the world of sports medicine is given to pro athletes that do super intense training for hours everyday. The average person does not in any way shape or form need the same sort of recovery that a pro athlete does. What most of us do in a day, especially those who work sedentary jobs, your hour at the gym is nothing compared to what some people normally do all day every day at their regular job. Do they find it essential to take rest days? It's really about putting your level of activity into perspective. Most of us aren't doing as much as we percieve we are with that measly 30-60 minutes at the gym. Our bodies are amazing and they are designed to be able to handle repeated stress, exhaustion, and hard work. The key to maintaining your strength and being your best every day is proper nutrition and getting enough sleep!

"Rest days" are overrated and over-prescribed to the masses. It's good advice, but it doesn't really apply to normal folks unless you're just trying to keep from getting burned out, or you are starting completely from scratch as a beginner. If you are a true beginner, I would honestly recommend that you get yourself in moderately good shape before trying this program because the risk of injury is higher and a true beginner does need more recovery time than someone who has been working out regularly for awhile. The program is great, gives great results, and is so short that it does not require any sort of rest day. It's 20 minutes. You have the other 23:40 to recover, especially if you only essentially go to work, eat, and go to bed.

If you're ready to get started, then the welcome wagon is here with open arms! :hug: Come, and join us in our misery that is so absurdly satisfying. It's challenging and I believe we are all in agreement that Jillian is a sociopath hellbent on destruction ... fat destruction, that is. :D

My butt WILL fit in these size 6 matchstick jeans I have stapled to my wall by day 30!

Thanks for replying. I will probably end up only doing it 4 times a week anyway because I want to keep going to my step class on Mon, Thurs & Sat. My dvd was shipped today. Hopefully it will be here by Wednesday so I can join you all. :broc:

SwimGirl
10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Here we go again - have you weighed or taken your measurements since you hit level 2? Since we are close to the same weight I am wondering how much you think you'll lose? I jumped on the scale this morning and I haven't gained or lost any weight at all! I am kind of shocked since it's such a hard workout.

Well, I can't believe I can say this.. but I completed day 10 today!! Wowsers! It doesn't feel like it's been that long already, and on the other hand? It feels like forever, lol.. I am hoping level 2 will be easier in some ways, because my feet get SO sore from doing lunges! Thats my only issue, I always have to stop once on each side. It only happens when I'm working though, but since I'm working 5 days a week its happening too much. It's not like I can run around less at work either. Anyone have any good tips for me on how to make this easier??

-Aimee

NishKitten
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Here we go again - have you weighed or taken your measurements since you hit level 2? Since we are close to the same weight I am wondering how much you think you'll lose? I jumped on the scale this morning and I haven't gained or lost any weight at all! I am kind of shocked since it's such a hard workout.

Well, I can't believe I can say this.. but I completed day 10 today!! Wowsers! It doesn't feel like it's been that long already, and on the other hand? It feels like forever, lol.. I am hoping level 2 will be easier in some ways, because my feet get SO sore from doing lunges! Thats my only issue, I always have to stop once on each side. It only happens when I'm working though, but since I'm working 5 days a week its happening too much. It's not like I can run around less at work either. Anyone have any good tips for me on how to make this easier??

-Aimee

Are you wearing your tennis shoes? If not, you might want to start putting them on before you work out. It's helped me a lot.

Remember ladies -- Just because you're home, you should still wear proper footgear even on carpet, *especially* when doing high impact exercises. They cushion the impact your knees and ankles take when jumping, and they stabilize your feet and ankles when doing lunges and squats.

xYourBelleMortex
10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
*screams* Thanks for all the support guys, but something awwwwwwful happened!!! I was doing the Level 1 On Demand though my cable box, I get everything all set to be tortured and the damn video is GONE!!! Now, with my arms wounded - I am going to have to go out and buy the stupid thing.

Errrrrr. I am a whole big bag of not happy right now.

Although, not having to do jumping jacks on my very thin floor did make me happy.

leighish
10-06-2008, 11:18 PM
The only reason I did it today was because it's in MY ondemand box. teehee.

Annita
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
jumping jack is good. I love jumping jack.
What i hate is the circuit 1 strength training :( Strength is always my weakness >"< At least after 6 days, it's getting better than before.... :(Man, when will level 1 become easy >"<

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 12:47 AM

-Aimee

Hey girl. I'm the worst person to ask about weight. My body has totally boycotted losing weight. I have lost 4 pounds in the last 3 months. But I have lost a lot of inches. I've gone from a 22 to a 18 with some 14's and 16's. So, I don't know. I'm hoping by the end of the 30 days I will have lost 10 pounds and be 6 inches smaller. Inches speak more for me than weight at this point. I took my measurements before I started level 1 and I'd rather just know at the end. it will keep me motivated. I would also say that what made it easier for me, is I never cheated. If I cheat, I don't stretch myself and it doesn't get easier. It will get easier I promise. Great job!

SwimGirl
10-07-2008, 02:19 AM
NishKitten - I am wearing some very nice running shoes I got fitted for, they were fitted to provide a little extra stability because I was jogging on trails. I suspect it's partly because of my job and being on my feet for 9 hours straight, but secretly I hope for an easy fix! lol. For now I just suffer thru it, close my eyes and breath thru the pain.

here we go again - I try to remind myself that weight isn't everything, and that I'd gladly be my weight as long as I was a size 10! lol. But I don't think 260 pound women are in size 10's! Thanks for reminding me of this though, gives me some perspective! And inches are good, which is actually why I am doing this workout.. not to lose pounds but to lose inches. BTW - I love your picture! You are absolutely beautiful! I am going to do my inches this week, your patience impresses me, but I totally am not!

What are we going to do when these 30 days are over? I'm getting bonded to you gals over the pain we experience each and every day! lol.

-Aimee

joyra
10-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm on Day 2 and it hurt! Everything was sore today and hard to move.. but I did notice I was able to focus more--like look at a spot on the wall and just move without breaking concentration. I still didn't use weights--my arms were so sore today from just lifting the weight of my little fists yesterday, particularly my deltoids--had to look it up, never had them hurt like this before.

Part of me feels good that I complete it and part of me feels like I am eons away from being in shape.

Oh yes and I like to add that when Jillian says "No breaks, if you want to lose weight now, don't take a break!" -- it really helps! All I want is a break or to stop early or skip some and I think -- soon 30 days will be over and instead of being X lbs lighter and X inches smaller, I might be half that.. or less.

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
NishKitten - I am wearing some very nice running shoes I got fitted for, they were fitted to provide a little extra stability because I was jogging on trails. I suspect it's partly because of my job and being on my feet for 9 hours straight, but secretly I hope for an easy fix! lol. For now I just suffer thru it, close my eyes and breath thru the pain.

here we go again - I try to remind myself that weight isn't everything, and that I'd gladly be my weight as long as I was a size 10! lol. But I don't think 260 pound women are in size 10's! Thanks for reminding me of this though, gives me some perspective! And inches are good, which is actually why I am doing this workout.. not to lose pounds but to lose inches. BTW - I love your picture! You are absolutely beautiful! I am going to do my inches this week, your patience impresses me, but I totally am not!

What are we going to do when these 30 days are over? I'm getting bonded to you gals over the pain we experience each and every day! lol.

-Aimee

Ok, Swim Girl you officially my new BFF. lol :hug: I needed that this morning. Have you ever head people say, "God give me patience but hurry!"? I kinda feel that I'm like that. Everyday I have to tell myself. I'm not in a race. This is a lifestyle journey. Then I start bragging on myself. lol I don't know any other women that are 280's that can run a 10 min mile and no one can guess my weight. I get hit on everyday, not that really matters, but still makes you feel good. :)

I understand about the feet too. The inside of my arch will start cramping when I stay on it for too long with all my weight. I don't know if it's b/c of my weight but I just force myself to keep going and then i shake it out good.

I was wondering what we'll do after this too. I was thinking of starting over but I don't know. Does she have another video that's different? I would totally be game for something else after our 30 days.

prepping
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh wow, I had to catch up reading 6 pages of posts. You all are doing wonderful! And yes, pain... sweet sweet pain.

I had to miss a day on the weekend so today will be on my 6th day @ Level 1. Everything is definately improving so I can't complain about that. Although I still have to fight that voice in the back of my head that speaks up about 5 minutes into it saying it's too hard and I should just get back on the bike.... but I push through it and forget about the voice almost immediately!

As of yet I still have not lost anything. That's a bugger. But alas, it will fall off eventually because there is no way anyone can do a workout like this for 30 days (while watching what they eat) and not lose weight. That would be a cruel world.

Working late today so it's going to be a battle of wills to do it tonight around 9/9:30pm... Will update when I can. Hoping I am a little closer to perfecting the workout without having any breaks.

Have fun ladies! :D

SwimGirl
10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
There is no exercising for me this morning, I am sooo tired and have a stuffed up head. Dragging myself off the couch for exercise doesn't sound appealing! We'll see how I'm feeling after work - I don't get home until 10pm though.

here we go again - I have heard that saying before.. I am totally feeling that! Glad I'm not alone! Guys never hit on me - or maybe I don't notice. I've been with my bf for 8.5 years, I've forgotten what flirting even is! Thats impressive that you are running, I totally can't do it!!

-Aimee

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Swim- Running isn't hard, it gets easier the more you do it. I bet you could totally run a mile in a few weeks. I hope you feel better!

NishKitten
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
It seems like everyone is sick but me! Is it cold season already?

I came home after sprints this morning and did Level 2, advanced moves, no breaks. It was so hardcore I actually died for a few minutes after that workout, but my cat started stepping on my face so I came back to life.

I'm getting in bed after this and i'm not getting back up until tomorrow.

jmfan317
10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Nishkitten I agree I'm not sick either. I hope for the ones that r sick ya'll get better soon. I just completed day 4 level 1. This time I only took 2 breaks. It seems to be gettin easier. Its just I get tired when I have to go from jumpin jacks to jump rope to jumpin jacks then back to jump rope. I can tell my endurance is building which is great. I also did a 15 min walk this morning.

girl anachronism
10-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Day 15 done!

Halfway there! I'm kind of bummed, though, that I've lost only 2 pounds. My clothes, however, are fitting entirely different, and I've definitely lost inches. I don't know what's going on with the pounds. :( I'm trying not to let it get me down, though.

Annita
10-07-2008, 09:14 PM
TOM is killing me. Yesterday after done 7th day shred i was totally tired >"< It's 7th day and i'm still feeling it hard :D But uh oh.... can't deny the fact that i can follow Jillian most of the time, except strength training part (needed to take few breaks) but that's ok tho. I know i'm weak at it and i know that i'm improving so i'm happy ^-^

Congrats on ladies who've sticked with it and moved up level 2. You're all my inspirations ^-^

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey girls! day 16 done. 6th day at level 2 done. I was able to do all of the advanced except double jump rope. I then was feeling so good, I went to Curves did my workout and on the cardio boards, I did jump rope. People were looking at me like I was crazy. I burned 500 cal just from Curves. It's so amazing how fit I'm getting just from doing this shred. Still in TOM so don't know what my real weight is. I was 287 this morning but weighed this afternoon and was 284. I don't know, my body is weird. I'm so proud of all of us!!!

SwimGirl
10-08-2008, 02:17 AM
No exercise for me today, I just couldn't do it tonight. But I am thinking it might be good for weighing in tomorrow - I seem to gain when I do weights. Geez, bodies are SO confusing!!

Tomorrow I will be starting Level 2 - its my day off from work, so it actually works out perfectly!

I have 9 days to shrink my butt to fit into an airplane seat! hehe... thats actually my goal for all this working out.

here we go again - I am so proud of us all too!! I am totally impressed by your fitness as well!

-Aimee

joyra
10-08-2008, 05:01 AM
I feel so far behind you guys, yet I feel like I've been at this forever. I just finished Day 3... on Day 2 my arms/shoulders were so sore. Today they are still sore, but loosened up quickly--instead it was my calves that were on fire. I haven't done so much calf concentration in years! I think I am so afraid that I'll get big bulky calves--well you know what, I have fat calves now so maybe I should just aim for muscle and be concerned AFTER I get bulky calves (if ever).

Also today was the first time I didn't stop at all. Previously the push-ups got me, I'd do a few and take like a two second break (well, it didn't help that I did my push-up challenge before -- today I didn't). In some ways it's feeling easier but overall it's still very tough!

And I agree, all of you who are on Level 2 are inspiring me!

(Oh yes and I have lost 2 lbs since starting this (after only 2 days!)... but I think it's because I was a total couch potato, who only walked or hiked for exercise... I haven't done intense exercise in forever!)

JoyfulVegGirl
10-08-2008, 06:14 AM
joyra, I just finished day 3 as well, and I feel like it's been forever too. Maybe that says something about Jillian? :D

I don't think I've lost anything yet, but I've gotten really good at kicking my own butt! ;)

Annita
10-08-2008, 11:11 AM
day 8 completed.
Somewhat today i felt like it was day 1 again.
:( Sometimes when exercising i just didn't feel that i've improved at all. :(

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Annita- It's ok girl. Some days are better than others. The good thing is that you haven't given up.

Joy- Great job girl! I was surprised that I was able to work through the soreness and it went away as I was exercising.

Swim girl- Just keep going! I am impressed by my fitness. At the beginning i barely do 30 seconds of jumping jacks now it doesn't faze me.

Did y'all see the biggest loser last night? Jillian was freaking out on people. I understand where she's coming at, but if she cussed me out I wouldn't have been as nice as the other people.

I'm getting nervous about level 3.... only 3 more day and I begin. Is anyone else doing other workouts along with this? Some days I do some days I don't. I feel like I have more energy and I want to.

Annita
10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
@here we go again: thank you.
I do light cardio and abs workout in the morning right after i wake up everyday. It's great feeling and also refresh feeling. :) Sometimes i do hula hoop (~15-20 minutes) in the middle of the day too. Although all of them aren't as intense as Jillian ^^

princess2323
10-08-2008, 01:02 PM
alright--- sore does not begin to describe it ---but i did it i completed day one last night----YAYY!!!! so starting weight for this will be 156.8 ---thats what the scale read this morning==== so we'll see where i go from there--- but i'll get my measurements in the next few days hopefully--- i have to find some measureing tape--- anyway--- fitting into size 9 jeans but quite snug-- so short term goal is to get them to fit properly and then we'll go from there

NishKitten
10-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Okay, ladies. I'm here to cheerlead you because I may have to skip out today. I had my Paragard put in (no kids. I'm sure you can imagine...) and i'm not feeling too hot at the moment. It will probably get better once my tramadol kicks in, but at the moment i'm not so sure i'll get to it. Anything that causes my stomach to tense makes me cramp and want to vomit.

If not i'll double up tomorrow, but i'll update this to let you know. I'm gonna go curl up with my hot water bottle and watch this black market DVD set my husband got me in Iraq. It's got all of the Disney movies/ tom and jerry cartoons/ pixar films/nickelodeon cartoons/Barbie movies on it (I gonna watch Mermaidia!) and i'm a dork that still cannot be pressed to watch grown up TV. If it isn't animated, doesn't have zombies/monsters, Keira Knightley, random explosions, isn't totally stupid, or it's not Discovery Channel then i've probably never bothered to watch it.

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Nish- I'm sorry that you're in pain. I hear you on the animated films. I love them. I think we all have the kid in us that doesn't want to grow up. I hope you feel better and sounds good that you're just going to rest. Thanks for being our cheerleader, cus sometimes I need it. :)

Its Courtney
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Jillian Michaels just kicked my butt.

Today was day 1 level 1 for me! MAN, I could BARELY get through it...it's BRUTAL!! Now that I've been shredded, I'm going to walk/jog the lake.

I can't wait to see what the results are going to be like!! Now I know what you guys are talking about! Whew!

Annita
10-08-2008, 01:51 PM
@its courtney: congrats on finished day 1. Altho it's brutal (yes, i totally hear u), it'll get better ^^
(right...like i could tell you this >"< i've just complained above that i just felt like it's day 1 for me today lolz).

Hope everyone is doing ok - nice and shredded ^-^

girl anachronism
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Did y'all see the biggest loser last night? Jillian was freaking out on people. I understand where she's coming at, but if she cussed me out I wouldn't have been as nice as the other people.

Yes! I totally agreed with her, though. Those people are being given such an awesome opportunity and they weren't appreciating it at all. There are hundreds or thousands of people who, if they were in their place, would have been giving it their all.

I'm going to switch up what time I do my workout today. I've been doing it as soon as I get home from work, and then not eating dinner until 7 or so. I think maybe that's part of what could be slowing down my weight loss? So today I'm going to eat an early dinner at around 5 and then do my work out at 6 or 7.

jmfan317
10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Day 5 Level 1 complete. I'm gettin way better at this. I only took 1 break this time. I did a few real push ups before I went back in2 modified push ups. Push ups are little difficult but I haven't fully built enough strength yet to do actual push ups. I'm hoping to be able to do thoses by the time I start level 2 hopefully. I feel better and I can really feel that I'm building strength in my calves from doin jumpin jacks, jump rope, and kick butt. I can definately feel it in my abs so I know thoses are workin. I'm hopin to lose inches in my inner thighs too. I'm still sweatin like crazy. Keep up the good work everyone!!

girl anachronism
10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Day 16 Complete!

I can't believe how much better my endurance is compared to day 1. There is no way, just two weeks ago, I would have been able to do this. Amazing amazing amazing.

SwimGirl
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
WOW!! Level 2 kicked my butt so hard!! I stopped quite a few times, but I always went back to it, hopefully things get easier! I miss you level 1 and your comparative easiness! lol. Never thought I'd say that!

I am never home to watch The Biggest Loser, its so sad! I think I am home next week to watch it, yay, if I know who anyone is.. lol.

So I did my measurements today after completing level 1! I am down 3 1/2 inches in my hips/waist area! I am happy with that since its such a short time, also my thighs are down half an inch each. Total loss of 5 inches! No change in weight though.

-Aimee

Marms
10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I did day 1 level 1 today. It went ok, cardio wasn't that bad because I take a lot of aerobics classes but the weights killed me. I usually use my 20 lb dumbbells when I weight train my arms so I figured I would cut back down to 15 lbs because it isn't just straight weights. OMG!! Waaaaay to heavy for this dvd. Doing weights in a cardiovascular way is so much harder. I'll be busting out my 5 pounders for next time. I was amazed out how much I was sweating at the end.

NishKitten
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
So I got my butt out of bed and freakin' did it. I couldn't even sleep because the thought of not doing it was wracking my brain. Just got out of the shower and I must say that was NOT pleasant in the least, but magically... during the second circuit I started to feel better. A little lightheaded, but the cramps let up and my pelvic region actually feels a little less swollen and ... erm... "full" for lack of a better term. I'm actually hungry now so i'm making myself a little itsy bitsy smidge of salmon and some unsweetened apple sauce with raisins and cinnamon. Yum!

Hopefully I feel a lot better in the days to come, though I am quite surprised that I powered through it at 100% tonight. I don't even know where that energy came from. Maybe i'm more of a badass than I thought. :p

@Marms - My husband has this stupid saying whenever he is doing PT with his soldiers -- "BEWARE the weenie weight! FEAR the weenie weight! NEVER underestimate the power of the weenie weight!" I'll see him out on Saturdays while I run the track and he has those poor guys working their butts off doing military presses with [B]blades of grass!!!![B] I tried it once, and yanno... it's messed up. After about five that blade of grass weighs about 100lbs. LoL!

I'm doing this workout with 5lb weights too and I always hear that stupid saying in my head when I start to get tired. No joke, I am scared of the weenie weights. Jillian made me a believer.

princess2323
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
LEvel one day two completed--- i'm doing my workouts at night after baby goes to sleep so i dont get disturbed with the baby crying----

and yes another accomplishment is that i finally brought the elliptical into the house---its sitting in the dining room that we dont use anyway--- and i did ten minutes on that too--- so yay!!!

anyway on to the shred thing----

day two was totally murder b'c i was already sore from yesterday's workout ---especially since its been a long time since i've worked out so -- you can consider me a newbie in the workout department---its been maybe a good two or three years since i've had a real workout---

oh and i used the 5lb hand weights and it felt much much harder to lift those today--- i think i'm going to dig out my 3lb weights--- or get something in their place if i dont find them---

anyway good job everyone really had no idea how tough this was--- but i'm not giving up and u shouldnt either ---

on to day 3 level 1

Here we go again
10-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey girls, I completed level 2 day 7. I'm doing everything so much stronger and better. After I went for a an hour walk. I walked 4 miles in an hour. It was good walk. Sorry I didn't read everyone comments, I'll do it tomorrow!

leighish
10-09-2008, 12:38 AM
did level 1 day 2 today. I was going to do day 2 yesterday but my cable box was acting up. Maybe I should just buy the dvd. Anyway, I noticed an improvement already in my stamina. Huh. Go figure. I think I like that Anita (?) looks just as annoyed near the end as I feel.

LindsayL0ve
10-09-2008, 01:56 AM
so, I started this tonight, and I feel like a failure. :(
I didn't finish, I say firstly. I did most of it, except for the cardio bit, bc my living room has LOTS of nick nacks and this house is hold, and once i tried all my dogs went crazy...
and I had to rearrange some of the workouts since I have asthma and I get winded easily.....

but Im going to work on it. and stick with it. since I can't make it to the gym as much as I like, and really i don't think im going to be able to make it at all....:(

JoyfulVegGirl
10-09-2008, 02:57 AM
Lindsay, stick with it! Every time I do it my apartment shakes, but the more I do it the better I am at landing softly, so I've gotten much quieter and the walls don't shake anymore. Just do what you can and don't quit!

So I got my butt out of bed and freakin' did it.

Holy crap, that's some dedication you've got there! :carrot: MAJOR props to you!

Here we go again, I can't wait for you to get to level 3! I'm wondering if Jillian is finally just going to make people implode :p

So I did W1D4 after my run tonight. I'm dead tired, but I have to say that it was easier this time. I didn't do any girly pushups! ;)

joyra
10-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Okay I finished Day 4 of Level 1. I'm going to admit, I nearly skipped it because I was too lazy to do it when I got home from work and I had dinner plans... but those fell through so I had plenty of time to get it done. I'm so glad I did.

Let me just say, I don't address a lot of you by name, but I love you all for checking in here so frequently and sharing this experience. It is really against my nature to stick things out to the end--I am a natural quitter, especially if something is hard, and if not for this list probably would've done it once and forgot about it. I fear it will be Day 29 and I'll still be looking for a reason to get out of it.

But in the meantime... I'm sticking with it. And I'm proud of all of you for sticking with it too. Please, keep sharing!

By the way...

What part do you guys HATE?

I hate the pushups (and I am in the pushup challenge--my shoulders want to fall off!), the lunges (always hated them) and the jumping rope (fire calves!).

Today the jumping jacks actually felt GOOD, like downward dog in yoga, a place to recenter yourself (or I think shake everything loose).

NishKitten
10-09-2008, 10:08 AM
By the way...

What part do you guys HATE?

Plank jacks. %$#! plank jacks! I really don't know why they kick my butt so bad, but they are like murder to me. You'll get some of that action at L2.

Did it this morning since I have errands to run all day. I'm feeling A+ other than being a little sore, slept like a baby last night, and I attribute it to the fact that I got up and exercised instead of laying in bed drinking tea and popping pain pills like a baby. Thank you Joyful for the props, but it's more obsession than dedication. Jillian will not win! LoL.

To all the newbies! It gets easier for like... three days, then you go to Level 2. lmfao! Yell at your TV to stay motivated. It helps a few of us power through it. The physical pain is temporary, just remember that. It's all in your head. You can do it! :D

Annita
10-09-2008, 11:01 AM
@Lindsay: it's ok to modify for easier of Jillian's version. I do too. But if you stick with it, at like, day 5-7 you'll be able to do her version. Things will get better.

Day 9 completed.
I'm so proud of myself today. I can do strength training circuit 1 without breaks. Or actually, most of the strength part i didn't need break anymore. It's getting better, much better. I can see it myself ^-^

Anyways, idk why but everytime i do arm cross and windmill, i feel tired already. I just feel it takes more energy than the actual exercises (lol).

@here we go: you really are my inspiration. I love your energy and your determination. I just wish i have more energy (and wills) to do more exercises. >"<

Here we go again
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Nish- I'm so proud of you! I would've probably cried like a baby and not have exercised. You're amazing!

Annita- Thanks for the encouraging words. :) I've always been hard headed. When I get something in my mind I want to do, I just go for it. Some days are better than others. As Jillian says, if you want your body to change you gotta put stress on it, you can't do a 20 minute workout and take breaks. So I'm taking her words to heart and going for it.

NishKitten
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I wanted to die, trust me. But it was worth it because today I got into -- of all things -- a $240 silk designer wrap shirt that I haven't been able to wear for years because my arms and hips were too big. Not only do I look GREAT in it, but I could even pull the sash back around to tie it in the front WITH SASH TO SPARE!!!! Look how skinny my midriff looks! Those are the hallowed stapled-to-my-wall-for-8-months size 6 jeans by the way. And not just any size 6 jeans, but Denim For Immortality jeans. Whoo!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Keep it up girls, this works I promise!

Its Courtney
10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I've shredded again! Day 2 Level 1! And this time it really was a little easier AND I only took one small break between jumping jacks and jump rope! Tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to get through the whole thing nonstop!

Here we go again
10-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Great job It's Courtney!!! You're doing so good. It will get easier as you do level 1. It's like she sets you up. It's hard, then gets easier, then it gets easy and then up to the next level. Then BAM!!!! you're back to square one. It totally works!