UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Default Anyone from London?

Hi All.

I live in Twickenham and was wondering if there was anyone nearby who would be interested in getting together... whether just for outdoor exercise or a cinema, or whatever.

Anybody into the Friday night skate in London? Or, the Sunday skating stroll?
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #2  

The group skate starts at Hyde Park at 2pm on Sundays. I believe it's about 10 miles.

Last edited by Taurie; 09-20-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:53 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

great idea....
dunt fink id find anyone from hereford on the forum!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 AM   #4  

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there is anyone on this side of town either.
I ended up missing the skate thing yesterday, but since we were already there we skated through the park anyway and there were a couple of events/festivals going on in the area, so it was a lot of fun.
Next time I'll make the group skate on time though.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:30 AM   #5  

Well, I live in West London. Don't think skating is for me though! I am trying to walk more. You'd think with all the lovely parks around there would be an incentive, wouldn't you? I work right near Hyde Park!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

I'm in London - Herne Hill area. My Mum lives in Kingston and goes running with a group of other women in Richmond Park. I have Brockwell Park instead, which isn't quite so inspiring! How is it going? Did you try the skate?
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by southofriver View Post
I'm in London - Herne Hill area. My Mum lives in Kingston and goes running with a group of other women in Richmond Park. I have Brockwell Park instead, which isn't quite so inspiring! How is it going? Did you try the skate?
Wow! I actually know where Herne Hill is. I'm still learning my way around London. I've been to the Brixton Academy a few times to see my friends' band play. That's somewhat close to you, right?
I'm just a few minutes away from Richmond Park. I haven't gone running there though. Not sure if I can do a whole lap there... it's over 7 miles around. It's HUGE! I usually cap out at 5 miles.
I actually haven't gone skating with the group yet at Hyde Park (yet). My bf and I have gone on our own, but the last couple weekends we've been out late on Saturday nights and too hungover to exert ourselves on skates. I've got to learn to take advantage of dry weather on Sundays!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

Taurie, yes, it is near Brixton. This means I have to run up some very busy streets to work. I think the polite thing to say is that it's "vibrant." But the park is nice and there's stuff to do.

I know what you mean about Saturdays. There's so much to pack in at weekends. I suppose you have to try to make exercising fun for yourself. And maybe go to bed earlier.
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote