Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat (9/20 & 9/21)

I don't know about you guys, but the weekend is my greatest enemy. Thus why this weekend I am starting a Weekend Chat for those of us who want to help each other make it through. The Jewish holidays are at the end of the month and that is usually 1 big eating fest so I really want to make sure that this weekend and all next week I stick to my plan so that I don't just completely fall of the weekend.

I wrote down my weekend eating schedule, and gave myself a couple of extra calories (mostly for drinking). Hopefully I will follow it.

Goal: NO BINGE!!!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

This weekend has already been a huge test and will probably continue to be through Sunday. Last night we went to a southern food buffet with another couple (would not have been my choice) and I was able to do alright stayed away from the dessert table. I left feeling full and guilt free!! Then tomorrow we have Homecoming at our church, which is like another southern food buffet. I am taking a salad so that I atleast know I can eat that!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  
clean eating chick

That's right- you're not going to binge this weekend!

I was just thinking about the Jewish holidays too- because my gym is Jewish! Argh, 3 days of no gym is not good.

Had a good dinner out last night- sushi! I never overeat with sushi, so it's my "safe" diet meal.

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 09-20-2008 at 11:33 AM.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/238/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm starting this weekend out with a bang.

Coffee and a donut and a reese's cup! I'm such a sucker for the seasonal reese cups (bats, pumpkins, eggs, etc.).Better make the rest of the day a lot better!
Kelbrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #5  
clean eating chick

Seasonal reeses cups? Thank goodness I've never seen those...

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 09-20-2008 at 12:38 PM.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Weekends normally not ok for me....
its a time im most likely to binge....
to eat today ive had a yoghurt....
a jacket potato with baked beans (smallest I could find n bout quater a tin of beans)....
and two tiny slices of pizza (about 200 calories apparently) with a piece of bread....
im sticking to that for today....
2mora we have a roast....
but i hardly eat anything else....
hopefully i will see bit more of a loss by Monday....

No bingeing girls, come on!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #7  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I have a b-day party for my little cousins today who will be 5 & 6. I know it is going to be cake, candy, and goody filled. I will hear all day, "Aunt Heather, eat this. Have some of that. Try my cake. This is good candy... you used to eat this before!" *sigh*

lol, these little boys love me to death and know all of my OLD favorite foods. I plan on eating before I go and maybe doing a little sampling for courtesy's sake. But, definitely NO cake or candy. Those are huge trigger foods and if I don't stay away, there is no way I will control myself! lol
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #8  
Little Miss Random

i hate it in our house when birthdays are near....
we had one in july and two in august....
the next is in November....
i just try to have one small slice of cake and leave it at that....
definately a trigger for me too tho!....
this year for my birthday im going to insist on going out for a meal....
so i can eat my trusted fav baked tattie and beans....
n no cake!....
Old 09-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/238/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmeagain View Post
Seasonal reeses cups? Thank goodness I've never seen those...
Oh god yes, they are SOO good! They have the *perfect* peanut butter to chocolate ratio compared to the normal cups. They cost 50 cents and are like... 190 calories for ONE thing, gah! I save them for a rare treat since I could easily sit down and eat a dozen of them without batting an eye.

But today I also had one small gala apple, 1/2 c. non-fat yogurt and 1 tbs crushed walnuts with a 1/2 tsp. brown sugar on top for breakfast One of my favorites, keeps me full for awhile.
Kelbrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #10  

So far so good for me on the weekend. Still following my food plan. A little nervous for tonite because we are going to a middle eastern byob place. Pita + hummus + rice + wine hmmm could be a downfall for me. I just need to stay strong. I love the feeling of losing weight and need to keep that going.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #11  
Little Miss Random

Sundays r nice ones for me....
yoghurt for brekkie....
workouts....
roast for lunch with no pudding....
crackers for tea....
hopefully no binge again today then i will have survived one whole week binge free....
Old 09-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #12  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

This weekend has gone well for me, not a lot of exercise done, but eating got back on track so im ready to start the week with a fantastic monday Just have to decide what i want for lunch tomorrow....hmmm
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #13  

It is now Sunday and I have not binged yet this weekend (woohoo happy dance!!!) Just have to make it through today. Once again I have my plan all written out. Lots of mini meals/snacks. I'm the type of person who just needs to always be eating so I try and schedule some type of snack food every hour. Seriously, I should try the cereal diet because that's my obsession. Then again, I have found "diets" to actually work long term so probably once I stop eating cereal I'd gain all the weight back.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #14  
I will do this.

Cookie - thanks for putting up a weekend chat! I was going to do it but my computer crashed! Great idea.

Well, yesterday was lost to the wind. The whole week in fact was bad. But today I am back on track and doing well......but it is only noon....
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #15  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Okay, I ate the cake. I am not proud.

What was I going to do? "Here Aunt Heather. This one is Scooby Doo! I made it just for you. Look, it is even strawberry!" lol

I just couldn't resist I ate a piece. 1 piece. Then later, I ate another for snack. I added it to my calorie list and still finished approx. 500 calories under my goal. I knew I could eat more of something but I just felt so bad for eating 2 pieces of cake, that I didn't eat anything else. I can't believe I gave in. I have been 3 weeks without eating 1 morsel that wasn't approved. *sigh* I guess it was bound to happen sometime. Right?

I think I have ruined my week already.... lol
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote