20-Somethings - Weekend Chat (9/20 & 9/21)

View Full Version : Weekend Chat (9/20 & 9/21)

CookieMonster416
09-20-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't know about you guys, but the weekend is my greatest enemy. Thus why this weekend I am starting a Weekend Chat for those of us who want to help each other make it through. The Jewish holidays are at the end of the month and that is usually 1 big eating fest so I really want to make sure that this weekend and all next week I stick to my plan so that I don't just completely fall of the weekend.

I wrote down my weekend eating schedule, and gave myself a couple of extra calories (mostly for drinking). Hopefully I will follow it.

Goal: NO BINGE!!!!!

clewles81
09-20-2008, 12:32 PM
This weekend has already been a huge test and will probably continue to be through Sunday. Last night we went to a southern food buffet with another couple (would not have been my choice) and I was able to do alright stayed away from the dessert table. I left feeling full and guilt free!! Then tomorrow we have Homecoming at our church, which is like another southern food buffet. I am taking a salad so that I atleast know I can eat that!:crossed:

yesitsmeagain
09-20-2008, 12:33 PM
That's right- you're not going to binge this weekend!

I was just thinking about the Jewish holidays too- because my gym is Jewish! Argh, 3 days of no gym is not good.

Had a good dinner out last night- sushi! I never overeat with sushi, so it's my "safe" diet meal.

Kelbrina
09-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm starting this weekend out with a bang.

Coffee and a donut and a reese's cup:rolleyes:! I'm such a sucker for the seasonal reese cups (bats, pumpkins, eggs, etc.).Better make the rest of the day a lot better!

yesitsmeagain
09-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Seasonal reeses cups? :yikes: Thank goodness I've never seen those...

sh3l5
09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Weekends normally not ok for me....
its a time im most likely to binge....
to eat today ive had a yoghurt....
a jacket potato with baked beans (smallest I could find n bout quater a tin of beans)....
and two tiny slices of pizza (about 200 calories apparently) with a piece of bread....
im sticking to that for today....
2mora we have a roast....
but i hardly eat anything else....
hopefully i will see bit more of a loss by Monday....

No bingeing girls, come on!....

HeatherMcG
09-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I have a b-day party for my little cousins today who will be 5 & 6. I know it is going to be cake, candy, and goody filled. I will hear all day, "Aunt Heather, eat this. Have some of that. Try my cake. This is good candy... you used to eat this before!" *sigh*

lol, these little boys love me to death and know all of my OLD favorite foods. I plan on eating before I go and maybe doing a little sampling for courtesy's sake. But, definitely NO cake or candy.:nono: Those are huge trigger foods and if I don't stay away, there is no way I will control myself! lol

sh3l5
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
i hate it in our house when birthdays are near....
we had one in july and two in august....
the next is in November....
i just try to have one small slice of cake and leave it at that....
definately a trigger for me too tho!....
this year for my birthday im going to insist on going out for a meal....
so i can eat my trusted fav baked tattie and beans....
n no cake!....
:)

Kelbrina
09-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Seasonal reeses cups? :yikes: Thank goodness I've never seen those...

Oh god yes, they are SOO good! They have the *perfect* peanut butter to chocolate ratio compared to the normal cups. They cost 50 cents and are like... 190 calories for ONE thing, gah! I save them for a rare treat since I could easily sit down and eat a dozen of them without batting an eye.

But today I also had one small gala apple, 1/2 c. non-fat yogurt and 1 tbs crushed walnuts with a 1/2 tsp. brown sugar on top for breakfast :) One of my favorites, keeps me full for awhile.

CookieMonster416
09-20-2008, 05:36 PM
So far so good for me on the weekend. Still following my food plan. A little nervous for tonite because we are going to a middle eastern byob place. Pita + hummus + rice + wine hmmm could be a downfall for me. I just need to stay strong. I love the feeling of losing weight and need to keep that going.

sh3l5
09-21-2008, 03:58 AM
Sundays r nice ones for me....
yoghurt for brekkie....
workouts....
roast for lunch with no pudding....
crackers for tea....
hopefully no binge again today then i will have survived one whole week binge free....
:)

Iconised Ghost
09-21-2008, 05:14 AM
This weekend has gone well for me, not a lot of exercise done, but eating got back on track so im ready to start the week with a fantastic monday :D Just have to decide what i want for lunch tomorrow....hmmm

CookieMonster416
09-21-2008, 08:55 AM
It is now Sunday and I have not binged yet this weekend (woohoo happy dance!!!) Just have to make it through today. Once again I have my plan all written out. Lots of mini meals/snacks. I'm the type of person who just needs to always be eating so I try and schedule some type of snack food every hour. Seriously, I should try the cereal diet because that's my obsession. Then again, I have found "diets" to actually work long term so probably once I stop eating cereal I'd gain all the weight back.

Taylor86
09-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Cookie - thanks for putting up a weekend chat! I was going to do it but my computer crashed! Great idea.

Well, yesterday was lost to the wind. The whole week in fact was bad. But today I am back on track and doing well......but it is only noon....

HeatherMcG
09-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Okay, I ate the cake. I am not proud.:o

What was I going to do? "Here Aunt Heather. This one is Scooby Doo! I made it just for you. Look, it is even strawberry!" lol

I just couldn't resist I ate a piece. 1 piece. Then later, I ate another for snack. I added it to my calorie list and still finished approx. 500 calories under my goal. I knew I could eat more of something but I just felt so bad for eating 2 pieces of cake, that I didn't eat anything else. I can't believe I gave in. I have been 3 weeks without eating 1 morsel that wasn't approved. *sigh* I guess it was bound to happen sometime. Right? :dizzy:

I think I have ruined my week already.... lol

sh3l5
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I ate a youghurt at breakfast....
roast pork at lunch time, small slice with 2 boiled tattoes, cup carrots and cup cabbage....
with a piece apple crumble (homemade)....
for tea i had 4 double cream crackers with low fat cheese....
and 2 home made fruit cakes....
and 1 home made piece of shortbread....

i feel so bad for eating the cakes, but am hoping the impact wont be too huge!....

Spoz
09-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I got fired over the weekend so no doubt I have eaten like a pig and gotten very drunk. Actually, I havent eaten anything BAD - just way too much. Had an intense gym workout today though so I guess thats something.

Chele615
09-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Today is football game day here, so there is a ton of yummy snacks out in the kitchen that are definitely not good for the plan! haha But I made sure to get my workout in and had a lighter breakfast in order to make up for the fact that I will most likely be stuffing myself silly later on! haha

I did make sure to go through and kind of have a plan beforehand as to what I am going to eat and stuff. So, hopefully that will help out. But, putting that stuff into my online calorie counter made it look not too bad ;)

Go Pats!!!

Iconised Ghost
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I got fired over the weekend so no doubt I have eaten like a pig and gotten very drunk. Actually, I havent eaten anything BAD - just way too much. Had an intense gym workout today though so I guess thats something.

oh no, why'd u get fired? sorry, thats quite a personal question >.<

i am still trying
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
sorry to hear about your job Spoz.

I typically dont hit the gym on weekends b/c I like to spend time at home and with teh family. Usually we'll go for one long walk with the dog. WELL,today we were walking my mini schnauzer named Smudge, and a huge loose German Shepherd came and tried to attack my dog. My husband picked up SMudge and the dog continued to try to bite my dog and eventually bit my husband in the but! We called the City so hopefully they will find the dog and owners! YIKES!!!

Making a healthy dinner so that's good.I need to become super stict on my calories again. I've lost about 6 pounds and it has taken a good month of being strict on calories and only now getting into the gym. I feel myself slipping with the food and for me that's bad!!

Let's all get on track: This week, strict counting! OK!?

Blcarter84
09-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok so for breakfast I had plain oatmeal with some raisins I added to it. Then for a snack I had an apple. Then worked out at the gym. For lunch I had one veggie corndog(150 calories) 1 container of greek yogurt(100 cal) some fresh organic strawberries and one small slice of fresh sourdough bread. then off to work in a bit

Taylor86
09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
B: egg, turkey bacon, thomas light multi grain english muffin
L: 1 cup light soup, tuna sandwich, 100 cal pack
S: special K bar, blueberries, orange
D: chicken breast with mango curry, grilled veggies( a lot of them!) brown rice
S: 100 calorie pack popcorn