Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready to Try Again........#154

QueenB
04-10-2002, 10:08 PM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

QueenB
04-10-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey guys! :wave: Don't have time to put in a long post.......I am heading out the door for work. :( I was just reading and noticed we were getting a little long and thought I'd get us rolling on the next thread. Hope you are all well and I'll catch you later!! :love:

thinthinker
04-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: Five minutes is all I have even though I would love to reply to everyone tonight. You know me, always have 2 cents worth to put in. But alas, no time. Need some shut eye BIG time! :yawn:

I have done horribly since yesterday afternoon. I can't believe I was doing so well for almost 2 whole days, and then BOOM, blew it BIG time! I guess I should have just fell for all those temptations during the day yesterday because I was going to blow the day to heck later anyway.

I'm still in a funk over the failure, so I'm going to just hit the bed and hope for a better day tomorrow.

Love to all.

2cute2Bfat
04-11-2002, 12:01 AM
Hi guys or rather gals. LOL

I am totally worn out. My legs hurt beyond description. :(
I left here this morning to go make a final decision about my bedroom furniture... and just had to look at 4-5 more stores.... just in case they had something better. LOL
Well, I did find something better. :D
After chasing the ENTIRE day I finally signed my jane doe on a new set at 8:30pm. I am sooooooo sore. My legs just ache.
But.. I am very happy with my choice. And I am very excited about painting and getting a new bedspread and the works. :D
I have had this bedspread since 1980. :o The furniture even longer. And it was used when we bought it from a relative. LOL
I made the mistake and took my husband to see the final 2 choices ... and he found a recliner he loved... so now I am also the proud owner of a new recliner too. LOL

Kat... I guess we both spent a LOT of money today. LOL
I am a longgggg time owner of a Kirby. I have had mine since 1980 so yes it will last forever. I did not buy mine. My husband bought if for me for christmas 1980. I DID NOT WANT IT. :lol:
I hate house work... and it was more to make him happy than me. Bless his heart... he tries... but a husband should not "surprise" his wife with household tools.... especially if she HATES cleaning house. LOL

Mary... those cookies sounds sooo good. :T
I can't wait to try them.

And JEN... bless your heart. I know how you feel. We all have been there. That is the same reason so many of us just quit trying. BUT DON'T YOU !!!! I know you want a quick solution... but if you go and read success stories... "the norm" is only a pound a week for most... and even less sometimes. If you watch these slimfast commercials.... they brag they lost 30 pounds in just 6 months. That is only 5 lbs a month. So please hang in there.

Thin... One bad day does not change the fact that you had two wonderful days. Just get back on track and then you can brag how you did great all week except for only one bad day. ;)

QueenB... thanks for starting the new thread. You did great.
Hopefully I will see all of you tomorrow. :wave:

2cute2Bfat
04-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Wake up ... wake up you sleepy heads.
I am embarrassed to say I don't know if it is wed or thurs. :o
But either way... it is time to wake up and come join us. :p

Grannie39074
04-11-2002, 04:23 PM
happy thursday
I have just got back from Sams Club been on a shopping trip for the reception Sunday.

We ate at McAllister's Deli I had a baked pot stuffed with grilled chin, green onions and cheese it was good DH has VFW tonight so I'm not cooking.

I have work to do so i'm gone be back later

MichelleK
04-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey where is everyone????

Sorry I didnt' make it here yesterday...well I did read but just didnt' feel like posting. Have an issue I am dealing with here and it gets me depressed and then I start crying...just like now!

I did get on the scale today and lost .6 lbs...yippeee! Thats two sticks of butter off my rear end! I did manage to squeeeeeze into my size 22 jeans this morning...and boy do I mean squeeze!!! I guess if I didn't do the chinese buffet when my parents were here then I would have done better...but my dad likes that place so we had to go!! Plus I know I was putting more stuff in my mouth than I should have...

Anyhow...I did go across the street to the supermarket after my meeting and got those Skinny Corn Chips...they are pretty good...I got the barbecue and the sour cream and onion...(I think)...the barbeque ones are 1 pt per cup and well worth it! They were $2.29 a bag but I figure I don't think twice about spending $5 at McDonalds!! I also got the Light Laughing Cow cheese wedges. They are 1 point per wedge and they spread pretty far on some crackers or wasa bread for a 2 or 3 pt snack or side with a sandwich. I really like going to the store now and finding low point foods to eat! The colavetti bread sticks are great too..they are long long long ones, really thin though and they come 3 to an individual pkg for 1 point. They go great with soup or a salad. Speaking of which...Baylee that ginger dressing sounds yummy! For some reason I bought a small hunk of fresh ginger today...I must have ESP or something!

My little brat woke up from a two hour nap and is a CRAB today! Don't know what his problem is. I just made him a grilled cheese sandwich since he didn't eat breakfast or lunch today. He is picking at it and whining too and getting into my keys...I can hear them! Anyone want a kid for the night? FREE!

Baylee...thats right girl...you show those two snots what you can do! Who do people think they are anyway...its always the ones with flaws who try to take the focus off of themselves!

Thin...no such thing as failure! You just made a few wrong choices for yourself. You can make new choices with a new day!

Jen there isn't anyone who wants instant gratification more than I do! You just hang in there...the key here is to NEVER GIVE UP>>>this is a new way of life...you will be eating this way for the rest of your life...once we lose the weight we still have to watch our portions so we don't gain it all back again! Doing it slowly like we are changes our behavior...thats what makes us keep it off in the end!

2Cute...I dont' envy you...I hate furniture shopping...I want everything I see and no money!

Tina...you are doing so good!! I wish I could be as dedicated to the program as you are! You inspire me to keep going too. I know the program works if you work the program...you are living proof!

Mary...cookies...THey sound wonderful but I think I am going to pass this time. I have a hard time limiting myself. I would eat all my points just on those!

I was suppose to have a job interview today at 1:30 but it got postponed till next week. My old company called because they have a Property Manager position open down in Philadelphia at University Square. Its a 442 unit apartment building with about 20 commercial stores and a daycare too! They had an emergency at one of the other properties so they had to cancel the interview.
I was doing commercial property management before I had the baby but I hated it. I like residential better. The commercial was shopping centers and office buildings.

Well I should go do something contructive...like fold the load of laundry in the basket! And maybe the one in the dryer too!

I;ll check back again later! Michelle

2cute2Bfat
04-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Well I have woken up since I last popped in. and I know it is Thursday now. LOL . I could not be online earlier because they were suppose to deliver the box spring and mattress for my daughters room and they were suppose to call before they came. Well, they never called.. but they did show up.

Oh my God....It is like sleeping on a cloud in heaven !!!!! :angel:
It is WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!! :spin:
There is no way this bed is leaving this house... I just may move into that room myself. LOL IT IS SOOOOOO SOFT !!!!!!
Just thought you would like to know. :) :) :) :)

I am definitely going to have to go buy new sheets. The mattress is soooo thick that I don't think my sheets will fit. LOL. I had to take the old headboard completely out of the room because only a little bit showed... and it looked plum stupid. LOL

I almost have to run and "jump" to get on it...LOL... but what a soft landing. Ahhhhhh
Can you tell I am a happy camper. :D :D :D

Now if only hubby and I had that nice set on our new bed frame.
LOL ... we are stuck with the old set. Oh well... I am still happy.

katrinabgood
04-11-2002, 05:38 PM
My mother in law is rambling on and on and on, on the phone...a perfect opportunity to post...blah blah blah...I wish it was on her dime, however... an hour long peak hour call to California...:( she's trying to get me to take sides against her ex son in law, I'm not taking the bait!! :devil: hee hee...Thank God dh and kids just came in...I did the old phone hand off...

DH and I went out to lunch today...I was good...had grilled chicken and grated veggies (red and green cabbage, carrots, zucchini and onions) with a yummy homemade salsa on panini bread...:T lots of rouhage for me.

We went to Barnes and Noble to pick up an SAT review for my daughter, where I managed to find YET ANOTHER weight loss type book..."The Fat Flush." I was reading a review of it on-line about a week ago, and just happened to see it in the store. It sounded interesting...something about de-toxifying the liver with certain food combinations that will help with weight loss...I'm a sucker for a book. I'll share any earth shattering findings.

Gotta go...he is hovering over my shoulder now, annoying me...I'll be back!

thinthinker
04-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Hi all! :wave: Today is just as bad as yesterday. I'm bummed at my lack of willpower. :o

We are going out of town for the weekend. Big 50th Wedding Anniversary party in Fort Wayne, IN. So we're leaving Saturday morning and won't be home until Sunday evening.

I'm working again tomorrow, but I think I'll sleep in a little. This being at the job by 8:00 am is just killing me. I am NOT a morning person! :eek:

I'll try to get back in here before I leave town. Love to all.

"Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light." - Jennie Jerome Churchill

LuckyLadyBug
04-11-2002, 09:32 PM
I am proud of all of you. You all seem to be chugging along.

I must be having a mid-life crisis. I can't seem to get it together. I hope if I get a couple projects done I will feel more in control.

I think I just keep blaming my fat for my disposition and at the same time my brain knows better. :dizzy: Perfect smiley...it's me lately.....

I am thankful you are all here....it gives me hope.

katrinabgood
04-11-2002, 10:52 PM
That is the perfect word, Lucky...chugging...it implies that, although we are moving...we are doing it s*l*o*w*l*y...sometimes much slower than we would like, but we WILL get there and so will you! Even if I have to hightail it up to Minnesota and drag you along myself, YOU'RE COMING WITH US!

Where is it, that we are going to, you may ask? To that wonderful place where you do not have to shop in "Plus Size" or "Women's World" or "Big Gals" and where you needn't be afraid to get on the roller coaster, thinking that the bar won't close...the place where there are mirrors everywhere and you don't need to avert your eyes to any of them...in fact, you will LOVE what you see when you do look! In this place, the bathing suits do not require skirts and the tucking in of shirts is encouraged...not to mention wearing sleeveless shirts in the summer...there are no "Bingo Arms" here!

My decision to NOT have a dish of cookie dough ice cream tonight just brought me a few steps closer to this lovely place!

What OTHER kinds of things can be found here, girls? I'm curious...what will YOU find when we get there? Hmmm?

2cute2Bfat
04-12-2002, 07:38 AM
Good morning friends.

I came in earlier.. but the site was shut down. No, they did not add our pictures back. I think they are gone for good. :(

Thin... enjoy your trip. Just remember the food is not the only thing to enjoy. Focus on the people. Keep yourself busy asking everyone to tell you about themselves. Trust me... once they start talking about themselves they won't let you go... so you will be kept away from the food table. LOL

Luckylady... I wish I didn't know so well how you and Thin feel about your food. :o Hope is all I have ... and I am just barely hanging onto it. The worst place to be is feeling hopeless.
BUT WE ARE NOT HOPELESS !!! We are just slow learners.
Hang in there girl.

Kat... I really enjoyed your posts. They are so uplifting. Thanks.
You are one of my inspirweightions today. ;)
You asked what I will find when I get there....my feet for one. :lol:
I want to be able to just walk. I want to find a normal form in the store window reflections. I want to find 30 minutes in the park "playing" with my grandchildren instead of just watching them play with their other grandma. :cry: I want to be able to walk down the aisle of my daughters weddings. I don't want much... but it would mean the world to me.
As I sit here wiping the tears off my face... I wonder why something that means sooooo much to me... is sooooo HARD for me to do.

LuckyLadyBug
04-12-2002, 08:08 AM
Exactly, 2Cute, that is how I feel too. ALL the things I want are good so why don't I do it. I have done many hard things in my life before but this one seems to have me stuck. And don't say I am not ready....I hate that excuse. Why don't I make the effort? Maybe I don't really care?????

Kat I want the freedom of movement again. To move through life gracefully. Mow, rake, paint, run, play, shop, and DANCE.

Maybe I just haven't exercised with any regularity or DANCED lately to remind myself how great that feels.

I do have many issues in my life right now and I guess I have let them dominate ME lately. ding ding ding....These things depress me, make me sad, and guess what ....lead me to the couch and food. Looks like I need to make some lists of what I love to do and what is good for my body and make those #1. (like I didn't know all this - senior moment - that lasted for a LLLOOONNNGGG time) :lol:

2Cute I know you, like me have a parent or parents in a nursing home. As much as I know it is the right thing in my Dad's situation it doesn't help the guilt and saddness I feel. The whole thing zaps me of a lot of my energy. While typing this, maybe when it gets warmer (28 here now) when I visit him during the week I will take him for a walk. Pushing his wheelchair has got to be good overall exercise.

I just have to think and "be" smarter about my body and health.
Nothing I don't know I just don't keep it in the forfront of mind.

Grannie39074
04-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Good morning all.
Hope all of you are doing well.
What I want!
I want my dh to look at me like he looks at waitresses, I do see him. :(

I want people to tell me, boy you sure look good and mean it.

I want to buy clothes in the regular section not full size.

I want to be below 200 lbs.

Surely I don't want too much.

I have to drive my aunts dog to have it's hair cut today and go shopping for food. I'll be back later

katrinabgood
04-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Hi there...

OK, I thought of a few more...

I want one chin and one chin only! :o
I want someone to "check me out"...that hasn't happened in a long time! :smug:
I want to buy pretty underthings @ Victoria's Secret.;)
I want to shop in the junior dept.:rolleyes:

That's it for now...back later with more...let's hear YOURS...I'm finding this to be very motivating!

:wave:

2cute2Bfat
04-12-2002, 01:36 PM
I don't know if this is an announcement or a warning. ????
Today on Oprah the topic is Obesity.
The commercials show women weighing 300...400.... and more.
After watching just the commercials I could feel myself getting all tense.
I could feel the need to cry.
So that is why I say..."an announcement or warning" :lol:

I am sure I will watch it... but I am afraid to at the same time. :^:
If I were following my food program I wouldn't have a problem.
I would feel good about myself because I knew I was following my program.

Well, I am hungry... LOL.
No, I am not turning to food. :lol:
I ate breakfast at 5am and it is 12:30 here now. I am truly just hungry.

I had to come back and ask this question.
I often feel guilty eating... even if it is time to eat.
It is almost like I don't deserve to eat because I am fat.
Does anyone else ever feel this way?

I don't remember if I feel this guilt if I am on program.
Hmmm... I just don't remember. I am going to have to pay attention and see.

MichelleK
04-12-2002, 07:11 PM
ok you all...come out come out wherever you are!!

I had a bad day with the little boy today...he just cried all day and threw fits when I wouldn't give him cookies all day long. Brat he is turning into! He is bathed and in his jammies and getting ready to go to bed!!

I can't wait to jump in bed myself!

I had a great lunch today....I took a cup of cooked pasta and mixed it with 2 Tablespoons of the light alouette cheese spread and mixed in some steamed veggies and threw in some salt and pepper and walaa had a great filling lunch today for 5 points plus a point for the bread sticks.

I want to get my baby boy (brat) to bed so I won't post individually tonight..but I will catch up with you all tomorrow. We have gymboree class tomorrow morning...John is going with us this time since he is off this weekend. My exercise for the week! LOL

Have a great night!

Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
04-12-2002, 11:15 PM
2Cute
I had to come back and ask this question.
I often feel guilty eating... even if it is time to eat.
It is almost like I don't deserve to eat because I am fat.
Does anyone else ever feel this way?

YES yes yes….I do feel that way. I taped Oprah so I am off to watch it and will continue then. Well, I guess it was okay. I suppose I was looking for an answer or fix but didn’t get one so I was disappointed.

From the Oprah web site:
“I don't feel this show sent a very positive message about maintaining one's body weight and over-all state of health. At the end of the show, the last thing said was 'diets don't ever work'. Well, they sure don't work if a person doesn't have any more willpower than to keep eating pizza and cake every single day. Diets take a certain amount of self-discipline. Today's world makes it much easier than ever before to keep healthy and fit. I don't believe in discriminating against overweight individuals, but I felt that most of the guests had a complacent attitude about their obesity. The show left everyone with the idea that being fat is essentially a hopeless situation, and it really isn't. “

I think to some extent I have bought into this…that my situation is hopeless so why even try. I I have found “diets” don’t work. I don’t know what will but diets have not, at least for me.

Come on….we have to show them all – that we can lose this weight and we can be happy with ourselves.

thinthinker
04-13-2002, 12:06 AM
Hi all! :wave: I'm off to Fort Wayne in the morning and won't be back until Sunday night. Hope to see you all when I get back.

2cute2Bfat
04-13-2002, 03:54 AM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Bayleeeeeeeee
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu !!!!!

How old are you going to be today??
Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day.
Tell us all about it.

I am still cleaning out my bedroom.
85% is already in the garage... but still have a lot left.
We are going to paint the ceiling first... and then the walls.
I decided to stick to a basic almond color wall because I don't want to have to do this again for a longgggggg time. In fact.. I don't plan to EVER do this again. :lol:
I wanted a sage green... but I don't want to ask my dear husband to paint it twice if I don't like it. In the past.. that always happens.. and he lovingly paints it again until I am happy.
We are both too fat and old to do this twice. :rolleyes:

Lucky lady.. I too was disappointed in Oprah. but I could relate in several areas. I really related to the statement... "it is just easier to stay fat". The "easy" way out.. is not easy nor the way out. I think it is going to take some hard work and commitment.

I have got to get to bed. I have stayed up wayyyyy to late for all I have to do tomorrow. good night all. ZZzzzzz

prism
04-13-2002, 04:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry to miss you yesterday. When I was set to post thurs evening the site was down. I totally binged these last two days. I don't know why. Nothing is happening. This evening I was reflecting on the upcoming months. I have to do this. My outlook needs to change. Tomorrow once again, I start fresh. I'll work in the yard and do some craft.

See ya,
Malia

LuckyLadyBug
04-13-2002, 09:05 AM
Happy Birthday, Baylee I am an Aries too.... Both Minnesota and both Aries....

I think that is where I have gotten too, 2Cute, it's just easier to stay at this weight. Of course, I also miss out on a lot of life because of it. I haven't gotten to where a couple of the girls were where they love themselves at their weight and do anything they want - swim etc. I couldn't even imagine putting on a bathing suit. And, for me, I hate the way I look at this weight. Well, we all have to figure out what is right for us and I am thankful you are all hear to talk to.

I have to meet with the nursing home now for my Dad's birthday party and then it's home to paint (YES, I continue to paint my porch) and hopefully get some other things done....rake, haul stuff. Have a good Saturday...it's sunny and 45 already here....yippee.

MichelleK
04-13-2002, 11:10 AM
Good morning! Is it nap time yet? Yaawn! We just got back from gymboree class. Like I said before 45 minutes of pure exercise! But my baby boy just loves it there!! He was climbing, crawling, sliding and running all over the place today!

I didn't eat breakfast before we went...I actually FORGOT to eat! Yes I know...I hate people that say they FORGOT to eat..just how can you forget something like that! I was so busy this morning. We got up at 6:30 and I gave Andrew his breakfast and I got showered and dressed and got my grocery list and coupons together and then got him dressed and took him to the store with me then when we got back it was 20 minutes till we had to leave for class. I had to put the groceries away during that time, change his diaper and get him a cup of juice to take with us for after class. Phew..I'm exhausted just typing this!

I did manage to find the skinny cow ice cream sundaes finally. Every time I go they are out of them...so I grabbed 3 boxes today! I had a 3 pt grilled cheese sandwich and a sundae when we got home. I love those darn things! I had to share it with Andrew though, he loves ice cream!

Lucky, have fun painting your porch. I just went outside and planted my herbs in the planter I bought a month ago. I have to go out to the garden when I am done here and plant my eggplant.

Baylee....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! to you! It sounds like you have your food planned out for you this weekend...thats a step in the right direction!

Malia....just jump right back on track and never look back! Whats done is done!

2Cute..I saw the Oprah thing a long time ago....it was a repeat. I wasn't impressed with it either. I don't want to be heavy all my life and will work on it forever if thats what it takes...I am determined...I am woman...hear me roar! LOL I need you to get back on that roll you were on. You were so determined....you can do that again! I was so inspired by you!!

Thin have fun in Fort Wayne...behave! We are watching you!! LOL

Kat...I want to be proud of myself!! I don't want that double chin I am developing and I want to be a mom my son can be proud of...so this weight is coming OFF this time! I don't want to be as tired at the end of the 45 minute gymboree class!

Tina where are you girlfriend!??

Well you all...I better go get that eggplant planted! I'll be back!

Michelle

katrinabgood
04-13-2002, 11:56 AM
I'm here for a quick visit...lots to do today. I've already exercised, it felt good after missing the last 3 days. I have definitly noticed a pattern of behavior for myself over the last month or two...I seem to be really motivated for about a week and a half, THEN I slip into the doldrums...it lasts about 3 or 4 days. It would be very easy just to stay there and wallow, but somehow i manage to pick myself back up and start again. Not that starting over is a bad thing , but undoing the damage done takes just about the time I'm in the Happy Mode...so it's one big circle...round and round and round I go (and get!)

I don't want to make excuses, I just want to do this! I have lost weight successfully in the past...I need to get back to that mindset...all the time...not just a few days at a time...

Back to work for me...after my chores are done, I think I'm going to buy some nice flowers to plant...gardening keeps me away from the frig and gives me something to think about other than food! It's 71 degrees today, the world is in bloom, I will not sulk anymore! :D

Have a good day all...

katrinabgood
04-13-2002, 12:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR BAYLEEEEEEE....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!

2cute2Bfat
04-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Do not post on this thread.
Instead... go to the next thread... #155 for the ongoing 300+ thread.
See you all there. :wave: