100 lb. Club - One thing I have done well today...

Beverlyjoy
09-19-2008, 08:19 AM
(or yesterday)

any topic...:)

djay
09-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I let the dogs out BEFORE they could pee in the livingroom. Sorry, that's all I have at 6:20AM! :)

Beverlyjoy
09-19-2008, 08:24 AM
- I cleaned the kitchen and it's sparkling

(djay...I changed it to include yesterday too!)

HeatherMcG
09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
I babysat my brother even though I didn't want to. lol My rents were in a real bind so it was me to the rescue!:moped:

djay
09-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh. Ok Since we can go back to yesterday!:)

I addes 10 mins and 4 flights of stairs to my daily walk yesterday!

I'm proud to be up to 60 mins. at 3mph. and 12 flights of stairs. Compare that to where I started 6 weeks ago at 20 mins at 2 mph. and 2 flights of stairs! I feel pretty good!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

mamaspank
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I made wonderful scrambled eggs for my baby boy who is up entirely too early. Or up way too late!

kate1970
09-19-2008, 09:44 AM
I did my workout before 9am, cleaned the lounge and bathroom, did the ironing and all the weekend shopping.

mj5
09-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I gave one of my staff some extra positive support this morning. She is struggle w/ some personal issues and was feeling pretty low. I reminded her that she has to take care of herself, before she can try to take care of anyone else.

Kofarq
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I went through piles and boxes of clothes. I have lots for my friend's new consignment store. I'm glad I tried stuff on, because I'm proud to report that lots of stuff from my too-small box fit me, including a pair of size 8 shorts (fluke), and 4 pairs of size 10 pants.

Here we go again
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm so tired today but I got out of bed. :) So far haven't canceled any of my activities after work and for the weekend.

Star2Be
09-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Hmm, well one thing I did well yesterday was that I had very good eating habits! I stayed way under my usual calories and got plenty of fruit, vegetables, protein, etc. I was quite proud! And when I was watching a movie with a friend and she offered me some cool ranch Doritos (out of the BAG, mind you!) I only had two. Because I really love those things, hehe. I think she could tell that I was really debating it, though, because she got a strange look and said "Um, you don't have to have any... I was just offering..." LOL. But I was proud that I stopped after two, because I'm sure I could have polished off the whole bag. :o Hehe.

JulieJ08
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I ran 20 minutes! First time! I paid a deserved compliment. I'm wearing a cute dress from the back of my closet that finally fit.

FB
09-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I had a genius photo shoot this morning with a rosy cheeked, blond ringlet 2 year old. Genius! Her dad should just hand me his wallet. Lol.

Yesterday my strides per minute on the elliptical finally broke 200. I was hyper.

Bee20nine
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Last night I was able to grow closer to my bible study girls by letting my guard down and letting them in.

scalewatcher
09-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I ate breakfast. I don't like to eat in the morning but I'm trying.

Trazey34
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I ate my can of vegetable soup, some salad and an apple for lunch while everyone else had pizza and chocolate chip cookies hahaha Of course I feel I deserve a medal - never mind the MILLION times I ate pizza and cookies and THEY ate a salad! ha

Bee20nine
09-19-2008, 02:20 PM
I ate my can of vegetable soup, some salad and an apple for lunch while everyone else had pizza and chocolate chip cookies hahaha Of course I feel I deserve a medal - never mind the MILLION times I ate pizza and cookies and THEY ate a salad! ha

You do deserve a medal! You won today's battle!

avi0903
09-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Thank you for this thread - It's so nice to be able to remind ourselves of the good stuff. I have been standing my ground with my kids and not caving in every time they want me to buy them something. I really feel good about myself when I watch my spending. I've also been having the feeling that my controlling my spending, and controlling my giving in to my kids, is an extension of my controlling myself and my food.

I feel like I'm beginning to connect some of the pieces. Yay!

twilit tera
09-19-2008, 04:31 PM
This morning my hubby made breakfast for me and used "his" bread (not whole wheat) for my toast. I took one bite, noticed the difference in taste (it wasn't bad, just sweeter) and asked him if he remembered that my bread is in the fridge (it also has no artificial preservatives).

When he realized his mistake, he apologized, and I accepted, but that wasn't good enough. I offered him the toast he'd made for me and made sure to get my own whole wheat toast instead. (I also cut the amount of butter he gave me by half, so that it spread as thin as I could get it.)

Then I told him how I was training myself to stop thinking "This once won't hurt" and he agreed with me completely.

:D

52amazing
09-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I use Diet Power on my computer to track my nutrition. It gives a Nutrition Quotient every day, in the form of a letter grade (A-F) based on whether you ate properly in each category based on the Daily Values set up for you. So far, every day I've gotten a D or an F, for not eating enough protein, or eating too much sodium.

Today ~ I got my first A!

Denise

Ufi
09-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I had some good ideas and did some good research to help a place where I volunteer.

Beverlyjoy
09-20-2008, 08:41 AM
I reorganized many of the files in my office. That felt good!

JulieJ08
09-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I just agreed to babysit for my sister next weekend. OK, she doesn't have to twist my arm ;). But I do hate the drive and disruption to my schedule.

juneteenth
09-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Today I chose my kids over extended family.

(There is a birthday party for my DH's aunt today, but the kids don't really want to go because they just want to play pretend & ride their bikes...usually I'd feel pressure from the family and take them anyway, and the kids ALWAYS end up having fun once we ger there... but today I told the kids we'd stay home. They literally jumped for joy LOL)

Greedy Gretchen
09-20-2008, 05:09 PM
took the stairs 4 times! :dizzy:

FB
09-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I really wanted to go shopping, it's my Saturday thing. Instead I went to the gym and pushed myself like never before on my upper body workout. I amazed the gym guys. The only problem? To get myself going farther and heavier I promised myself I could go shopping. :)

twilit tera
09-20-2008, 06:51 PM
I went for a very sweaty walk in the park with B. :D

...The only problem? To get myself going farther and heavier I promised myself I could go shopping.

:chin:Hmmm... I fail to see how that's a problem. ;)

Goldana
09-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Yesterday, I threw out one huge bag of junk from my house.
If you knew what my house looked like then you would realize that this is a huge accomplishment for me! :)
I'm throwing out another huge bag today...definitely.

JulieJ08
09-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Yesterday, I threw out one huge bag of junk from my house.
If you knew what my house looked like then you would realize that this is a huge accomplishment for me! :)
I'm throwing out another huge bag today...definitely.

That's a great feeling .:carrot:

SuchAPrettyFace
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I went out for breakfast with my friend. I made a plan before we got there & I stuck to it.

Star2Be
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I just got back from my friend's niece's 1st birthday party, and I did very well at the party! There wasn't a lot of junk there to begin with, but I ate a couple of fruit slices and just ONE bite of birthday cake. Yea! :D

Beverlyjoy
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I am so good at making my to-do lists. We are going on vacation and I need to get organized. When I have those lists...then those thoughts don't need to 'spin' around in my head. Plus...I LOVE crossing things off as I complete them.

carinna
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Chose a salad even though I really REALLY wanted pizza for lunch. :D

JulieJ08
09-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I put sunscreen on my face today. My new goal (as of today) is to wear it every single day and have a tan free face by winter. Not that I have a real tan, I'm fair-skinned and burn easily, but there is definitely an effect from the daily short times out in the sun.

Hope to get my hands/arms/feet in on this too, but have to find a sunscreen I can stand to wear everyday that doesn't cost much.

luvin2lose
09-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I bought cocoa butter lotion for myself.

:yay:

LadyinFlux
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
I went to my class at the gym and really pushed myself.