20-Somethings - DDR is whooping my butt!

View Full Version : DDR is whooping my butt!

Kelbrina
09-18-2008, 10:37 PM
So I just started my exercise regime this week and I've done DDR for about 30-45 minutes on medium difficulty for the past 3-4 days and it is kicking my butt! I tried doing it tonight and I only put in half an hour and my legs felt like jell-o the entire time, I could barely lift them up.

Should I cut back, do you think? Maybe do it half an hour a night? Or maybe 45-60 mins every other day? Which would be better until I get more stamina?

HeatherMcG
09-18-2008, 10:58 PM
DDR as in Dance, Dance Revolution???

If so, WOW!!!! That would be a great workout. One level and I am beat!!

nana64
09-19-2008, 12:41 AM
I say take it half an hour at a time till you get use to it, and then up it 20 minutes in like a week or two. I have DDR is so much fun but can't play now since my PS2 broke. I do have Wii fit, but the games aren't that intense.

sh3l5
09-19-2008, 03:07 AM
this is another reason i would love a console....
so many additional forms of exercise available....
especially with the wii!....
mite av to be a crimbo pressie to myself!....

Kelbrina
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I don't have a console, I play it on my computer, you guys should try it!

Go to: stepmania.com

It's a free version of DDR they developed, and you can get a dance pad with a USB port to plug into your computer (I ordered one from China that cost like 10 bucks and then 12 bucks in shipping).

So for around 25 bucks or so you can get a great work out at home without having to brave the gym or bad weather! :)

And thanks, I'll try the half hour every day thing until I can work it up to more!

sh3l5
09-20-2008, 03:29 AM
oh wow brilliant....
what an idea....
thanks for that!....