20-Somethings - Ideas for Exercise?

View Full Version : Ideas for Exercise?

Ami12345
09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone! I am new here... what are the latest hip new trendy exercise ideas? I mean other than like yoga and pilates and all that... I need cardio and I need it now... I do best in classes rather than like jogging or something... thanks for any input!

xoxoxo
-Ami:carrot:

jillnicole03
09-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Well I love Turbo Jam... it's a dvd you can do at home, with a great instructor :)
Hope you find what you're looking for!

amandarose17
09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Have you ever heard of Cardio pilates? I took a free class a couple years ago and it is a workout. It's pilates while jumping on a trampoline. No prior workout experiance needed, at least not in the class I took. I was not able to take more than one class since the one place I could find charged way too much than I can afford, but it might be something you want to look into.

reese121077
09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Dance classes!

I took Salsa dancing.. and even in a beginner class you really work up a sweat.. and it's a lot of fun!

Also.. where I went they were pretty inexpensive.. it was $10 per class... and they had other packages for more committed people.

CandyKisses0204
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Zumba Zumba Zumba!!!!!

yesitsmeagain
09-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I want to go to Zumba but the darn class is always full! Why doesn't my gym have more than ONE class a week?

sh3l5
09-19-2008, 02:04 AM
ive never done any form of group exercise....
always been and done it on my own....
except for swimming with me dad n brother....
i work harder on my own....
dunt like people watching me....

rockstar87
09-19-2008, 08:43 AM
I've done combat classes. I'm not a fan of kickboxing because it's too dancey. I did martial arts for years as a kid so I really like that kind of stuff.

If you like intense workouts boot camp classes are great for strength and cardio and give you one **** of a workout!

LindsayL0ve
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Those dance workout dvd are nice. I have two left feet, so its all bad for me. lol. but it doesn't feel like you are exercising.

Star2Be
09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Perhaps you could look into belly dance? I just started taking classes about a month ago and I love it so far. How intense of a workout it will be really depends on the instructor and how long the class is, etc, but I find that my class usually gets my heart rate up and gets me a little sweaty, heh. Especially since we've started doing more advanced things/putting all the moves together with choreography. It's definitely a class where curves and jiggles work in your favor, LOL. ;) And it's so much fun!

Ami12345
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
These are some great ideas... thanks so much! Hey, I do have one question: what is zumba? Is it a kind of dancing? They offer it at a gym I am looking at. I hate going to gyms though. I get really intimidated and end up leaving & not going back. But my living room is not really all that big, so my workout space is limited. Although, I did find some free workout videos on my cable under "free ondemand" ... ok enough rambling... xoxoxo