Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/257/144

Height: 5'6"

Default Celebrate!

Hi all:

I just want to celebrate. I am slowly working the 12 steps and trying to live in the moment. I started in OA in February, 2008 and I have never felt better. I feel more at peace than I can ever remember. I have more energy than I've had in years. I find myself WANTING to do things other than sit around binging and feeling crappy about myself and then binging some more to feel better about feeling crappy, and so on. This program has helped me to reconnect with the real me. This may seem ridiculous, but I knew I was really feeling better when I cared enough about myself to actually iron my clothes instead of going to work rumpled every day! Thanks to all in the OA community for the love given and the words of wisdom that have made all of this possible.

Jenny
PudgieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #2  

Now I have the "Celebrate" song in my head! ...but it is a positive thing. Thanks for sharing your joy.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 355/326/219

Height: 5'10"

Jenny,

Congratulations on finding the real meaning of success! It's not about the numbers on a scale or whether we ate the right combination of things...it's all about loving yourself! Praise be to your higher power for restoring your sanity! Just a cautionary note: Keep going back! Speaking for myself, I always seem to let my guard down once I feel good. Don't be fooled!

Blessings for your continued recovery!
junebug69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #4  
Carrie

S/C/G: 225/221.5/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations PudgieMom. I love that we have a community of people who understand the victories.

Peace,
Chickie
ChickieBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #5  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

This is a great site with some good information. I was wallowing in self pity and you have pulled myself up after reading your entries. Thanks.
I am going to go and take a look at the food addicts diet and am going to some good meetings. I need to let go of some unhappiness and maybe when I get well things will not be so bad. But at least I will make better choices.
hijude is offline   Reply With Quote