Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 03:26 PM   #1  

Default ACK!!! I went bathing suit shopping!

Hi,

Are there are any other masochists out there who went shopping for bathing suits yet? My husband is getting a family membership to use the pool at the college he graduated from through the alumni association. We can't pass up the great deal.

The ACK is for the fans of the Cathy cartoon-how many strips were there of her bathing suit shopping?

Anyway, so I will need a new bathing suit...god, if trying on bathing suits doesn't make you feel so disgusted that you want to wire you jaw shut, then nothing will. They actually didn't look as horrible as I thought they would, but could definitely look much better with major weight loss.

if anyone is shopping for bathing suits, Ross is having a great sale, and they even had a good selection of plus sizes. I got three name brand suits for less than one would have cost at Fashion Bug (three suits for fifty dollars).

I'd better get serious if I'm going to be swimming in a public pool. For the past eight years, we've just been swimming in my mother in law's pool. We don't get to the beach that often, so I didn't care too much how I looked.

have a great day-
Sherry
Old 04-10-2002, 03:31 PM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

Don't you just LOVE doing that?? That is one of my FAVORITE things (heavy sarcasm).. I found a bathing suit last year for my honeymoon at Fashion Bug... I don't think we have Ross's around here, oh well. I'm really hoping to NEED to go bathing suit shopping this summer, because my suit will be too big!! Mine from last year is so cute though, its a 2 piece with a skirt bottom (obviously the top comes over the bottom). I just love it. Covers all the problem areas, and shows off all the good areas
Old 04-10-2002, 05:15 PM   #3  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

lol, I've been in my same suit for 2 years now, hasn't failed me yet, black matte stretch jersey, embellished straps, and a kicky little sheer skirt... might pick up a racer back one sometime soon... swimsuits don't really bother me though, maybe because I SO love swimming, and won't let any amount of weight keep me from enjoying it...
Old 04-11-2002, 10:34 AM   #4  

Talking

Just typing the word bathingsuit makes me squirm. I have 3, and I hate them all. I can never find one that fits and isn't bright hidious colors, or flower patterns. I want something simple. That will hold in and lift certain things. Is that so much to ask for? That is my biggest complaint. No breast support, and I need it.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:01 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jennifer - As I read your post, all I could picture was my bathing suit that I bought last year. Big purple flowers!!! But I needed it for 4th of July, and Fashion Bug was the place!!! Breast support???Is that an option?

PNG - swimsuits don't bother me all that much, I mean it's kinda like, "Oh, like they don't know I'm fat!!"

BethAnne - I wish I had good parts to show!!

Sherry - Great Topic!!!!
Old 04-11-2002, 11:35 PM   #6  

A bathing suit???????? What's that??? I bought a bathing dress. Yes they exist. The catalog Junionia has all sort of suits, however they are not inexpensive.

I am not trying to "hide" that I am heavy---hmmmm how would I do that, but my legs are in such bad shape that I wanted something that covered the top of them. This suit/dress did the trick and made me feel comfortable.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:42 AM   #7  

LMAO..

Flower patterns look good on some people..just not me. lol

Uhm. Yeah. Everyone knows am fat, so it shouldn't bother me at all that much. But to me, walking around in a bathing suit is like walking around naked. And I look alot better with clothes on than when I stand in front of my mirror. No one can see the dimbles and stuff when I have shorts or jeans on. lol Don't get me started, I could go on and on...lol

One day soon..I will run down the beach in a bathing suit. It will happen.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:50 PM   #8  

Default Nice Plus Size Suits

Hi all,

Just dropping in. I found a wonderful suit on www.Junonia.com, kind of expensive, but it has shorts attached and good construction. I don't feel at all self conscious.

Happy swimming!
Old 04-16-2002, 12:12 PM   #9  

Default bathing suits..

I'm glad to say that none of the suits I bought had big flowers on them....they were either solid colors or a small, simple pattern. I don't need huge flowers marching across my hips...

Sherry
Old 04-16-2002, 03:22 PM   #10  

I had to buy a bathing suit for my trip to TX ( I had a GREAT time ) and ended up going to fashon bug. Their not cheep either. It cost me $70.00. But I went to Wal-mart and they had the same type of suit but it just didn't hold me in and it was horrible.

The one I got at FB looks like a tennis outfit. It has a tank top and a little skirt bottom (two piece) it is black whith a pirple sripe that just goes aroung the bottom of the suit. It's nice. My last swim suit was about 5 years old. Hope I can get a new one by the end of this year!!

Well good luck to all that are looking.
Closed Thread