Old 09-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #1  

Thumbs up McSkinney's Loozing Floozies #37

The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #2  
Losing it!

YIPPPPEEEEE!!! A new thread!!!! Thanks Cheryl!

Day 7 without wine! Last night I even stopped by the liquor store to pick Steve up a few beers. I walked by the wine, stopped and considered, then went on by. Major victory for me!

Suzy, have fun at the party! How cute she chose a breakfast meal! One time I made a meal and everything just happened to be round. Liz was little so I explained to her we were having a "round" meal theme. Just messing with her. I can't remember everything but I went through the list of foods and said meatballs and monkey balls for dessert! Sooooooo....now monkey bread is officially called monkey balls here!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #3  

Suzy have fun tonight. Yes those little ones grow up way to fast. That is nice that her parents let her choose her birthday dinner though it may be a bit unusual.

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread. Much better and you do such a good job.

Gayle a round meal sounds like fun. That is cute.

My piggys feel nice and soft. My good little friend moved her shop into the neighborhood so now I can walk over and have her do my pedicures. She is a sweet one.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Choosing the meal for the evening has always been something I let my girls do for their birthday too. Some birthdays we have pie instead of cake, just depends what they are in the mood for. I found the cutest pic of cupcakes looking like panda bears, I'll try to find a link. Thinking of making some for allie's birthday in Dec.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #5  
Losing it!

http://www.projectfoodie.com/index.p...011&Itemid=122
Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Pop, pop, popping us to the top! Gotta head out the door! Chat later!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #7  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Monkey balls! Choosing the menu for your birthday dinner has always been a tradition in our family...I remember doing it as a kid and our kids did it too. We had a great time last night, but I'm sure the girls had a hard time getting up for school this morning...it was 9:00 before they got to bed!

Thanks for the new thread Cheryl! It's so much faster to load when the threads aren't so long.

Dee ~ I'm glad your piggies are happy! I've never had a pedicure...I can't stand having someone mess with my feet!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #8  

Aww Gayle they are so sweet. Can I have one?

Suzy it feel so good. I love it. I am glad that the party was a good one.

For bithdays we have always choosen what we wanted for dinner but it always seems like a normal dinner. Like maybe extravegant but normal. Could be lobster, steak, sushi, even home made pizza. No monkey balls....but I would munch up those panda bear cupcakes.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Suzy, are we twins? I can't stand anyone touching my feet. It is a quick way for my temper to flare. Steve & both girls LOVE to see if they can get me worked up! It tickles and is almost painful in some ways.

Dee, the cupcakes are adorable! I think I will surprise Allie on her birthday with them. I'll ship you a few but they may have smooshed noses by the time you get them. LOL!

Suzy, I'm making monkey balls this weekend for a brunch!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #10  

Gayle I am not fussy I will take them with smooshed noses and all. Alli will love them.

I hope Alli doesn't want a bike~but I know she is a good girl not like the story I am about to tell.....

Little Carol came into the kitchen where her mother was making dinner. Her birthday was coming up and she thought this was a good time to tell her mother what she wanted. 'Mom, I want a bike for my birthday.' Now, Little Carol was a bit of a troublemaker. She had gotten into trouble at school and at home. Carol's mother asked her if she thought she deserved to get a bike for her birthday. Little Carol, of course, thought she did.

Carol's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted her to reflect on her behavior over the last year, and write a letter to God and tell him why she deserved a bike for her birthday. Little Carol stomped up the steps to her room and sat down to write God a letter.

LETTER 1:
Dear God:
I have been a very good girl this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.

Your friend, Carol

Carol knew this wasn't true. She had not been a very good girl this year, so she tore up the letter and started over.

LETTER 2:
Dear God:
This is your friend Carol. I have been a pretty good girl this year, and I would like a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you,
Carol

Carol knew this wasn't true either. She tore up the letter and started again.

LETTER 3:
Dear God:

I know I haven't been a good girl this year. I am very sorry. I will be a good girl if you just send me a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you,
Carol

Carol knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to get her a bike. By now, she was very upset. She went downstairs and told her mother she wanted to go to church. Carol's mother thought her plan had worked because Carol looked very sad.

'Just be home in time for dinner,' her mother said.

Carol walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. She looked around to see if anyone was there. She picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary, slipped it under her jacket and ran out of the church, down the street, into her house and up to her room. She shut the door and sat down and wrote her letter to God.

LETTER 4:
I GOT YOUR MAMA.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.

Signed,
YOU KNOW WHO
Old 09-19-2008, 05:49 AM   #11  

This is ridiculous. I can't find our thread anymore without a link from the moderator? It is very frustrating.

Dee-Cute story. Are you still doing aqua aerobics? They offer it at our gym and I am wondering if it is a good enough workout for me or not.

We always would let our girls choose the evening meal for their birthdays also.

Gayle-Those cupcakes are so cute!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 09-19-2008 at 05:50 AM.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyM View Post
This is ridiculous. I can't find our thread anymore without a link from the moderator? It is very frustrating.
Shelley, I'm not obliged to post a link. If you have a grief with the forum, I suggest you PM Suzanne or Jennifer.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #13  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley, I agree that this board is huge and it's easy to get lost...just remember to click on "Support Group" (I have that page in my bookmarks to save a few clicks and to avoid the really slow load times) and then we are usually right on page one in the main list of threads.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Shelley, I have the 3FC forum saved in my favorites, from there I need to click on support groups like Suzy said. If we keep posting, we are usually on the first page. Hopefully, it will work for you too! I miss hearing from you!

Day 9 wine free!

Did you guys know Wendys no longer carries the GRILLED BLT salad? I drove thru last night and ordered 3 salads, when we started to eat them, we had a "Homestyle chicken breast" on top of the salad. Sure enough, you can no longer get that one with grilled chicken. All of a sudden, my salad jumped to 780 calories! FYI: The ceasar salad and orange salad still come with grilled.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Shelley's sentence ended with a question mark meaning she was/is confused. I really don't think she has grief with the forum, just having some problems getting around, thats all. As she stated, it is very frustrating though.