100 lb. Club - DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al

View Full Version : DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al

Trazey34
09-17-2008, 11:24 AM
WOW

Do you ever have days where you're feeling kinda....skinny? Like, wow I've lost SO MUCH weigh, my clothes are loose, down a few sizes, feel pretty good and then...

BAM!!!

you catch a side view of yourself in a mirror and go BOING!!! is that ME???

or read a story on CNN about an inmate who can't be executed thru lethal injection because he's too fat to find his veins humanely -- and he's an INCH shorter than you and weighs about the same?????

or your crush on Toby Keith takes on a new meaning when he's 6'4 and weighs THIRTY POUNDS LESS THAN YOU?!

Yup, denial ain't just a river in egypt to be sure!!!

gah! this is depressing !!!!! lol

sorry for the rantin' girls :)

p.s. my signature avatar is for a ridiculous movie based on the ridiculous Twilight series of vampire books LOL yes, I'm 13!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah. I've had those days. I hate them! I know I'm fat....I need no reminders from life!

And.....I can't wait for the Twilight movie!

Lovely
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Those moments are no fun!

juneteenth
09-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Ohmygosh! I hear you 100%! AND my DH is always saying I'm 12, so at least you are a teenager ROFLMAO

avi0903
09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
When those things happen it's so embarassing! Such a wake-up call! I went to the doctor with my son - he's 5'10" and weighs 230. The doctor told him he's obese! I thought what the ****? He looks good to me! And I'm 5'3" and at the time weighed 260. What was the doctor thinking about me? And for some reason, at the time I was thinking I looked OK.

I realize my denial runs very, very, deep.

Star2Be
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, I have definitely had those moments! I generally have a healthy self-esteem, so I worry that I'm getting ahead of myself and feeling overly confident when I "shouldn't"--now before you all jump on me, I know that I am a valuable individual and have every right to be just as confident and happy as a thin woman, but I think it would be much easier if I lost some weight first! ;) So I start thinking to myself "Hey, I'm not doing so bad! Size 16, alright! I'm almost average-sized!" And then I'll see all the rolls in the mirror, or see/hear some anti-fat-people comment, or realize that I'm still ~80 pounds away from goal, and I think, ":censored:, I've got a LONG way to go!" Lol.

Gotta love those days when you feel skinny, though. If you always felt like a fat blob, how would you motivate yourself to keep going? :D

luvja
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
:hug: You've lost 60 lbs so far, that is incredible. Do you understand what I'd give to be your weight right now? Every pound is a struggle and you've lost 60 of them so far! I'm sure you look fabulous. :)

P.S. I heard about that Ohio inmate who claims he's "too fat" for the lethal injection.....
I'm sorry but I show absolutley no sympathy for him, he raped and killed two young girls.
As far as I'm concerned, he deserves to die a painful death. Sorry I'm so blunt.

FB
09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
I had that very thing happen months and months ago. I was having a great day, my jeans were literally falling off, my cheekbones were thinking about making an appearance soon and my hair was just right. Feeling like a hot mama.

While I was getting dressed to take my son out cartoons were playing. It was The Flintstones. The episode that day was about Fred being fat and going on a diet. It naturally went on and on about his weight.

No big deal until they mentioned it, the actual number. Hells, I weighed more than that. It's stupid in retrospect, but my confidence, previously soaring, took a huge plummet over that cartoon.

PS: You make me LOL over that Twilight stuff. In a good way!

JustBarbi
09-17-2008, 12:49 PM
i can totally relate to you trazey. I guess sometimes i just have to laugh at myself and not get to discouraged. How many time have i gotten ready for a party or a holiday or something and felt like i was smokin and then a week or two later saw the pictures!!! Im looking forward to the time I can look at those pictures and really see what i felt like i was... Im down 6 this week and not going to give in.... so i got a question for you... Team Edward or Team Jacob????? LOLOL

Arabella
09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
I think I've spent a lot of time in denial. My self-image isn't as fat as I am. :dz: So, when I'm not acknowledging how fat I am, I'm typically finding it hard to put a lot of effort into the whole weight loss thing. And then some stupid picture, or I'm standing next to one of my skinny sisters in a mirror and it all comes crashing down.

I guess what I'm saying is that I DO need those reminders because otherwise I'll "forget."

I remember in The Carb Queen, how she talked about being 468 pounds, having her bed on cinderblocks so she wouldn't break it, having to park within a few feet of anywhere she wanted to go. And STILL she would have days where she thought she looked smokin', would see a guy staring at her and think he was thinking how hot she was.

I found that kind-of shocking, but at the same time I thought, well, that's exactly the kind of denial and fooling myself that's allowed me to gain so much weight.

Yup, DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al. You said a mouthful, girlfriend.

kaplods
09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
The weight is coming off so much slower this time, and it's so easy to get discouraged. When I'm hit with the discouragement, I have to remind myself of the progress I've made, not how far I have to go, or I feel overwhelmed.

I ran into a picture of myself not too long ago. I was in my 20's around 230 lbs and the picture was taken by a boyfriend and I was sitting on a tree branch, trying to look "hot." I remember at the time when I first saw it, I hated it. I thought I looked like a cow trying to look sexy.

My reaction today was "Dang, I looked hot." And I don't think it's delusion, as much as comparison. What I wouldn't give to be whining about how "fat I am" at 115 lbs less than I am today. Oops, starting to think that way again, have to remind myself how far I've come.

I've gained quality of life more in this nearly 60 lb loss, than I ever experienced with a weight loss before. I reversed quite a bit of disease and disability, and I do have a far way to go, but I have to focus on my progress or I start to think I can't do this.

Trazey34
09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
... Team Edward or Team Jacob????? LOLOL

EDWARD all the way!!!

DH came in from working outside and his hands were cold and when he touched me i said "this is what bella must feel like ALL the time" and he said "i'm a 46 year old man married to a 13 year old" hahahahaha

JustBarbi
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
EDWARD all the way!!!

DH came in from working outside and his hands were cold and when he touched me i said "this is what bella must feel like ALL the time" and he said "i'm a 46 year old man married to a 13 year old" hahahahaha

LOL thats funny. My husband always accuses me of being a child also. Its ok though because i dont feel a bit older than my 13 year old daughter.... oh and we are Jacob Black fans here.... dont hold it against me please... :D

Trazey34
09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
No no, never! I like Jacob too, and he got a happy ending too! yay! I don't know if you've read "Breaking Dawn" yet so I don't want to spoil it for you!!!

hmmm one boy who's freezing cold all the time, or one boy who's scalding hot all the time...I'll take cold over hot, i hate being too warm LOL

Smiling_Sara
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
yes yes yes!!!!!

I'm having one of those days where I feel like I weigh more than when I started this journey! I know this isn't true, but I look in the mirror, and I say, have I really lost over 50 lbs? cause I can't see it.

Smiling_Sara
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
kind of a off topic question since some of you mentioned Twilight. Are the books SOOOO good that even tho a movie is coming out, that I should read the book before seeing it?

Trazey34
09-17-2008, 11:51 PM
I really enjoyed the books - as in, devoured FOUR huge books in about 10 days LOL, but they certainly aren't for everyone. They are not...well...a 'challenging' read, for one thing LOL but it's fun fluff for the brain - and the movie is only about the 1st book, a lot more stuff happens! If you can get it from the library or 2nd hand, and can appreciate ridiculously romantic fluff, go for it!

from220to112
09-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Haha I have LOL'd so much at this post! Denial is my homeboy! I have mentioned in another post that I feel like I'm smaller than I actually am, and I just can't get that I am 'obese' but still wear US size 8 clothes.

But the worst thing is that I have started working out 6 days a week, am feeling real muscular definition and feel fitter, and have started thinking about what I can do with my new-found fitness. The other day I thought 'OMG I should apply for a triathlon!!' But then the non-deranged side of me spoke up and said 'well you couldn't do that 50lbs ago, what makes you think you could do it now?'

But the thing I've always tried to remember is that no matter what size or shape or weight you are, your current weight is someone's goal weight.

Oooh but about what you were saying about guys checking you out. Apparently, apparently, I have the opposite problem. If a guy smiles at me or looks at me, I tend to go 'oh geez is there mascara down my face? Has someone written something on my forehead? Or is it just a pity look?' And my friends go 'erm no...i think he probably just liked you'. I refuse to accept that guys can fancy me. Sigh.

Pandora123a
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
no matter what size or shape or weight you are, your current weight is someone's goal weight.

I love that! I do the agony/ecstacy thing all the time. One moment I have on my size 18 black jeans, look in the mirror and think "boy do I look terrific..hot..fit..powerful...attractive." I even think that maybe this should be my goal weight cause I look great!

Then I try on something that doesn't fit yet, or catch a glimpse of myself unawares, or look at my body unclothes (I definitely look better in clothes) and suddenly I think "what a cow".

I suspect that both messages are strong enough that they will continue to happen even when I reach goal.

Star2Be
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
But the thing I've always tried to remember is that no matter what size or shape or weight you are, your current weight is someone's goal weight.
Hey, I like that, too! I don't think anyone's "goal" is to be 227, heh, but it wasn't so long ago that I would have killed to weigh this much. I definitely do a backwards delusional thing to myself where I forget how much weight I actually have lost. I haven't seen much of a difference in my physical appearance yet (though I don't know if it's noticeable to others), so it's easy to continue thinking that I've stayed about the same. It feels so weird when I see people on here who are in the 220s (or see the smaller women on The Biggest Loser) and I'm so jealous and think, Man, I wish I weighed that much... Then I remember--hey! I kinda do weigh that much! I still think of myself in terms of being 263 lbs, i.e. I was jealous of a woman who weighed 256 on The Biggest Loser because she's "smaller" than me, hehe, and I thought "I wish they would have more women my size on this show! These women aren't that big!" But it's hard for me to accept that I'm not that big anymore, either. Even when I type that now, it feels like a lie! In the past I've always considered 220s to be the thin side of fat (hehe) but now that I'm there, I feel like I'm the same size I've always been. Heck, I barely even see a big difference from how I looked at my heaviest a few years ago (~280 lbs, we didn't have a scale)! I guess I'm just both kinds of delusional. :rolleyes: Hehe!

Sorry to get slightly O/T but that's a great attitude to have, from220to112... Thanks for sharing! :D

Slashnl
09-18-2008, 04:45 PM
or read a story on CNN about an inmate who can't be executed thru lethal injection because he's too fat to find his veins humanely -- and he's an INCH shorter than you and weighs about the same?????

OMG. I saw this, too. I read the story and kept looking down at my own arms, wondering how that could be. Add me to the world of the delusional!

clewles81
09-18-2008, 06:14 PM
I know exactly what you are saying....it happens to me far to often!!!

kaplods
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Star2Be,

My TOPS goal weight slip says 250 lbs. I needed a slip for the group, and while my goal weight here is 150, when my doctor asked what I wanted my goal weight to be, I suggested 200 lbs. He asked me if I might want to reconsider and I thought he meant that he thought the goal weight was too high.

I said, well I thought I'd get to 200 and try to maintain that for a while before deciding whether to go lower - but he had meant the other direction, that he thought that losing nearly 200 lbs, might be overly ambitious, and I could be setting myself up for failure and discouragement.

So, I have three goal weights (any of which I can change at any time). My TOPS goal weight of 250 lbs, my personal "I'd be ecstatic to reach" goal weight of 200 lbs, and my 150 lbs "healthy, but I haven't weighed since I was no more than 10 years old" weight.

It really is true, that almost ANY weight is someone's goal weight. My guess is that the men and women they've shown on tv who are approaching or exceeding 1000 lbs would kill to weigh my highest weight of 394 lbs. It really is a matter of perspective. I remember one guy being quoted how happy he would be just to reach a weight at which he could walk again.

Star2Be
09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
^You are right, as usual! :D But seriously, thanks for helping me keep things in perspective. What a boost!

Smiling_Sara
09-19-2008, 11:07 AM
I really enjoyed the books - as in, devoured FOUR huge books in about 10 days LOL, but they certainly aren't for everyone. They are not...well...a 'challenging' read, for one thing LOL but it's fun fluff for the brain - and the movie is only about the 1st book, a lot more stuff happens! If you can get it from the library or 2nd hand, and can appreciate ridiculously romantic fluff, go for it!

So, I want to pick a couple of them up today at Target. Can you tell me what the order of the books are. I know Twilight is 1. But after that I'm not sure. I don't wanna get 1 and 3 ya know? thanks!!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
After Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, then Breaking Dawn. Enjoy!

LisaF
09-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I know this isn't true, but I look in the mirror, and I say, have I really lost over 50 lbs? cause I can't see it.

You know, I feel the exact same way when I look at myself naked. With clothes on, I can see it (usually). But when I'm naked, all I see is fat rolls. I don't know when that's going to change.

Lisa

aliciag57
09-21-2008, 02:09 PM
You know, I feel the exact same way when I look at myself naked. With clothes on, I can see it (usually). But when I'm naked, all I see is fat rolls. I don't know when that's going to change.

Lisa

Lisa,

When you feel that way, take a look at your ticker! You are amazing!!!:carrot:

SuchAPrettyFace
09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
It happens for me when I try to buy new clothes!!! I think I'm doing great and then nope, those 22's don't fit you, even though the 22's at home do, but just ned replacing. Frustrating.