Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al

WOW

Do you ever have days where you're feeling kinda....skinny? Like, wow I've lost SO MUCH weigh, my clothes are loose, down a few sizes, feel pretty good and then...

BAM!!!

you catch a side view of yourself in a mirror and go BOING!!! is that ME???

or read a story on CNN about an inmate who can't be executed thru lethal injection because he's too fat to find his veins humanely -- and he's an INCH shorter than you and weighs about the same?????

or your crush on Toby Keith takes on a new meaning when he's 6'4 and weighs THIRTY POUNDS LESS THAN YOU?!

Yup, denial ain't just a river in egypt to be sure!!!

gah! this is depressing !!!!! lol

sorry for the rantin' girls

p.s. my signature avatar is for a ridiculous movie based on the ridiculous Twilight series of vampire books LOL yes, I'm 13!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yeah. I've had those days. I hate them! I know I'm fat....I need no reminders from life!

And.....I can't wait for the Twilight movie!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-17-2008 at 11:14 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Those moments are no fun!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/207/175

Height: 5'8"

Ohmygosh! I hear you 100%! AND my DH is always saying I'm 12, so at least you are a teenager ROFLMAO
juneteenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

When those things happen it's so embarassing! Such a wake-up call! I went to the doctor with my son - he's 5'10" and weighs 230. The doctor told him he's obese! I thought what the ****? He looks good to me! And I'm 5'3" and at the time weighed 260. What was the doctor thinking about me? And for some reason, at the time I was thinking I looked OK.

I realize my denial runs very, very, deep.
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #6  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I have definitely had those moments! I generally have a healthy self-esteem, so I worry that I'm getting ahead of myself and feeling overly confident when I "shouldn't"--now before you all jump on me, I know that I am a valuable individual and have every right to be just as confident and happy as a thin woman, but I think it would be much easier if I lost some weight first! So I start thinking to myself "Hey, I'm not doing so bad! Size 16, alright! I'm almost average-sized!" And then I'll see all the rolls in the mirror, or see/hear some anti-fat-people comment, or realize that I'm still ~80 pounds away from goal, and I think, ", I've got a LONG way to go!" Lol.

Gotta love those days when you feel skinny, though. If you always felt like a fat blob, how would you motivate yourself to keep going?
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

You've lost 60 lbs so far, that is incredible. Do you understand what I'd give to be your weight right now? Every pound is a struggle and you've lost 60 of them so far! I'm sure you look fabulous.

P.S. I heard about that Ohio inmate who claims he's "too fat" for the lethal injection.....
I'm sorry but I show absolutley no sympathy for him, he raped and killed two young girls.
As far as I'm concerned, he deserves to die a painful death. Sorry I'm so blunt.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #8  
FB

I had that very thing happen months and months ago. I was having a great day, my jeans were literally falling off, my cheekbones were thinking about making an appearance soon and my hair was just right. Feeling like a hot mama.

While I was getting dressed to take my son out cartoons were playing. It was The Flintstones. The episode that day was about Fred being fat and going on a diet. It naturally went on and on about his weight.

No big deal until they mentioned it, the actual number. Hells, I weighed more than that. It's stupid in retrospect, but my confidence, previously soaring, took a huge plummet over that cartoon.

PS: You make me LOL over that Twilight stuff. In a good way!

Last edited by FB; 09-17-2008 at 11:46 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #9  
Its my time to shine!

S/C/G: 271~265~171

i can totally relate to you trazey. I guess sometimes i just have to laugh at myself and not get to discouraged. How many time have i gotten ready for a party or a holiday or something and felt like i was smokin and then a week or two later saw the pictures!!! Im looking forward to the time I can look at those pictures and really see what i felt like i was... Im down 6 this week and not going to give in.... so i got a question for you... Team Edward or Team Jacob????? LOLOL

Last edited by JustBarbi; 09-17-2008 at 11:58 AM.
JustBarbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #10  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Angry Stupid reality!

I think I've spent a lot of time in denial. My self-image isn't as fat as I am. So, when I'm not acknowledging how fat I am, I'm typically finding it hard to put a lot of effort into the whole weight loss thing. And then some stupid picture, or I'm standing next to one of my skinny sisters in a mirror and it all comes crashing down.

I guess what I'm saying is that I DO need those reminders because otherwise I'll "forget."

I remember in The Carb Queen, how she talked about being 468 pounds, having her bed on cinderblocks so she wouldn't break it, having to park within a few feet of anywhere she wanted to go. And STILL she would have days where she thought she looked smokin', would see a guy staring at her and think he was thinking how hot she was.

I found that kind-of shocking, but at the same time I thought, well, that's exactly the kind of denial and fooling myself that's allowed me to gain so much weight.

Yup, DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al. You said a mouthful, girlfriend.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The weight is coming off so much slower this time, and it's so easy to get discouraged. When I'm hit with the discouragement, I have to remind myself of the progress I've made, not how far I have to go, or I feel overwhelmed.

I ran into a picture of myself not too long ago. I was in my 20's around 230 lbs and the picture was taken by a boyfriend and I was sitting on a tree branch, trying to look "hot." I remember at the time when I first saw it, I hated it. I thought I looked like a cow trying to look sexy.

My reaction today was "Dang, I looked hot." And I don't think it's delusion, as much as comparison. What I wouldn't give to be whining about how "fat I am" at 115 lbs less than I am today. Oops, starting to think that way again, have to remind myself how far I've come.

I've gained quality of life more in this nearly 60 lb loss, than I ever experienced with a weight loss before. I reversed quite a bit of disease and disability, and I do have a far way to go, but I have to focus on my progress or I start to think I can't do this.

Last edited by kaplods; 09-17-2008 at 01:01 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBarbi View Post
... Team Edward or Team Jacob????? LOLOL
EDWARD all the way!!!

DH came in from working outside and his hands were cold and when he touched me i said "this is what bella must feel like ALL the time" and he said "i'm a 46 year old man married to a 13 year old" hahahahaha
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #13  
Its my time to shine!

S/C/G: 271~265~171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
EDWARD all the way!!!

DH came in from working outside and his hands were cold and when he touched me i said "this is what bella must feel like ALL the time" and he said "i'm a 46 year old man married to a 13 year old" hahahahaha

LOL thats funny. My husband always accuses me of being a child also. Its ok though because i dont feel a bit older than my 13 year old daughter.... oh and we are Jacob Black fans here.... dont hold it against me please...
JustBarbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

No no, never! I like Jacob too, and he got a happy ending too! yay! I don't know if you've read "Breaking Dawn" yet so I don't want to spoil it for you!!!

hmmm one boy who's freezing cold all the time, or one boy who's scalding hot all the time...I'll take cold over hot, i hate being too warm LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

yes yes yes!!!!!

I'm having one of those days where I feel like I weigh more than when I started this journey! I know this isn't true, but I look in the mirror, and I say, have I really lost over 50 lbs? cause I can't see it.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote