The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 6 - Show Discussion - **SPOILERS**

Pages : [1] 2

chellez
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Tonight's the night!

How excited are you that there's a new BL on? It feels like its been forever! :carrot:

ThisTimeIsDifferent
09-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't wait :woohoo::woohoo:

Hopefulpinkangel
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm so excited!!!!!!!

KLK
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I've never seen it, but i would like to start watching it -- what channel is it on, and at what time?

I'm so bad about keeping up with TV shows... the only show I was able to follow successfully in the last few years is Big Love, and only then because I was able to watch episodes I missed on HBO on Demand.

scarahjs
09-16-2008, 12:08 PM
It is on NBC from 8-10.

I didn't watch this last season of BL but I have watched all the other ones. You can definitly get into watching them very easy!

Christian
09-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh I cannot wait for tonight!!! I want to lose at least 10 pounds by seasons end, and get more active and this show helps SO much in the motivation department :D

Dumplin
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm so excited....I just can't hide it.....I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!!!

Manick
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I am SET! :carrot:

Dh is already teasing me, "wanna go to the movies tonight?" "Shall I bring home a pizza for dinner?"

....he is actually, teasing... he's been very supportive of my hard work and healthy eating...and since he has to eat healthy too he better like it!:rollpin:

mountain mama
09-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I watched the first hour online today. Like always, I had tears streaming down my face watching all these people being so happy to get onthe show and working so hard and whatnot.
I will watch the full episode as soon s it comes on tonite. Can't wait!!
Jillian scares me on the show especially this time around.. already.. one hour into it. I love her.. but I would be scared to have her screaming in my face! hehehe

Fat Chick B Gone
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
$%*& I don't think I'll be able to record due to other shows (I share the DVR with my roomie). Oh well NBC will hopefully put it up online after.

practiceliving
09-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I am so excited but also in a pickle... the season premiere of House is on at 8pm too!

mountain mama
09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I am so excited but also in a pickle... the season premiere of House is on at 8pm too!

Im a die hard houser too! I know they will both be online tho.. maybe a dy or so later though. i watch all my shows online ( no cable) i will let you know so you wont be in a pickle for long!!

MotoMichelle
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Does NBC usually put the whole episodes on their website afterwards?

I'm in Houston and still without power at home due to hurricane Ike, but I'm hoping I can come here to my office and watch it online tomorrow. :crossed:

Chemgirl22
09-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Last season was the first time I ever watched BL, and I must admit I got hooked pretty quickly. I will be watching this season, looks like its gonna be really good.

Shopaholic1204
09-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Thank God we finally got our cable hooked up today!! Now if only I knew what channel was NBC..lol. I hate having to learn all the channels in a new place. The stupid guide on the tv says..To Be Announced. Grrr..I wish it would hurry up and update already!!!

chiquita623
09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
I am soooo pumped up about the show tonight. It always gives me hope that I really can lose weight and exercise and at some point down the road be a smokin' hot momma!! Yea Baby!!

mollymom
09-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Someone had the brilliant idea of trying to do some exercise during the show...even with commercials only wouldn't that be at least half an hour (sad commentary on commercials)!

I hereby pledge that I will use the commercials to do some weight training and some work on my ball, I need to get inspired to exercise again, as I seem to be just collapsing on the couch after work lately.:carrot:

Chemgirl22
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Someone had the brilliant idea of trying to do some exercise during the show...even with commercials only wouldn't that be at least half an hour (sad commentary on commercials)!

I hereby pledge that I will use the commercials to do some weight training and some work on my ball, I need to get inspired to exercise again, as I seem to be just collapsing on the couch after work lately.:carrot:

That's a great idea, I think I may get some steps in or do jumping jacks or something during the commercials.

aprilcp12344
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
TBL or House??

Why do they make us chooooseee!!!!

It's not fair... but I can always watch one afterward online then.

*tear*

I work at 2am... so House it is for me tonight. It gets done a hour earlier...

clewles81
09-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I am so excited about TBL, but the finale of Big Brother is coming on at 9, I guess I will try to catch it during the commercials!!

ThisTimeIsDifferent
09-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Only 25 minutes left :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

princesspeach
09-16-2008, 09:11 PM
BOB is looking so FINE! :)
I always have o wonder - how come they act "soo surprised", because of all the cameras?! Jillian is looking pretty too!

Iwanawurkit
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Awesome!!!!!

mj5
09-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I am so mad....we are pre-empted by a Yankee game!!! Ugh! They are going to show it Sat night, but I don't think I can wait that long! I'll have to watch it online!!!

princesspeach
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
i never understand why ppl would want to go home... with the flight - that's retaining water!

Shopaholic1204
09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow..this show is so eye opening. Me & the hubby are gonna go find the gym on base tomorrow.

Bob is so hot!!!

princesspeach
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
naturally it's the 2 teams i like in the bottom 2. NATURALLY.

justjenn80
09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
i don't understand how they drop so many lbs so quickly!!! And i want to see a follow up show about the contestants on the first couple of seasons to see if they kept the weight off.

Shopaholic1204
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
they work out A TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could have a gym where i lived.

princesspeach
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Jenn; i was GOBSMACKED when i saw how many calories they were burning off a day, about 3300 (like the grey team)? and then they're probably eating 1200 (women) 1800 (men) apprx a day? that much drastic a shock must equal so much weight loss. but i have NO idea how healthy that is. (not somuch the nine = more like the 20++)

justjenn80
09-16-2008, 11:05 PM
princesspeach....ugh, stuff like that really piss me off because i feel like it promotes unhealthy eating and exercise habits and could lead to an eating disorder.

Andi18
09-16-2008, 11:10 PM
You also have to remember that this is a game. There is no doubt that they gain extra weight that is easier to take off for the first weeks weigh in...ie water... Plus the change in lifestyle from being a couch potato to working out 30 minutes (Jerry) to 4-6 hours a day if not more (everyone else) is going to cause a great change in the first few episodes. Also, keep in mind that these weigh ins are not done on exact week intervals, some "weeks" can consist of fewer or greater days. They also have people there that shop for their food, giving them only what the Bob & Jillian tell them to get.

They have done follow ups on some of the contestants. Granted, you go back to real life and no longer have the support that you had on the show, you are bound to gain back some of the weight. Some of the contestants lose sooo much that they are actually unhealthy for the finale and have to gain back some weight to live a normal lifestyle.

carrie77
09-16-2008, 11:17 PM
I love the show but it always annoys me that they feel the need to follow the rest of the reality show world and vote somebody off every week. Couldn't they start a new trend that could see all contestants making it to the very end together, but still have challenges and mini 'losers/winners' along the way? I hate seeing people go so early into it because they really need to be there.

princesspeach
09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Pippi from the third season (New Jersey) is like my inspiration because she lost it and she healthy gained back say 10ish lbs to hover around 120-130 more or less, she was on Montel.

I realise it's a game; but for me I'd rather see it done super healthy. When I was first fat I lost 20 lbs in a month TOTAL (1/2 of it was being in a different country/stomach problems, and the other 1/2 was fat). no matter how much water weight you put on (for the game) I have to wonder how healthy it is. I know a week on the show isn't a week in real life, so even if they said A wee is actually a week and a 1/2 or something that would be nice :)

Jen: i know. and that really quick flash of "check your doctor." isn't long or BIG enough for me.

princesspeach
09-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Carrie I agree. this isn't survivor.
I'd keep them on all the time and have "Winner of the Week"
(unless they cheat by waterloading).

ThisTimeIsDifferent
09-16-2008, 11:27 PM
i don't understand how they drop so many lbs so quickly!!! And i want to see a follow up show about the contestants on the first couple of seasons to see if they kept the weight off.

It was mentioned briefly last season by one of the trainers that these people are working out ATLEAST 6 hours a day. That's a whole lot of exercise:yikes:

practiceliving
09-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I gotta say, I don't love "mean Jillian."

All the "real age" and medical stuff has me thinking I should go for a physical, just to see what all is going on inside me!

Nori71
09-17-2008, 02:11 AM
naturally it's the 2 teams i like in the bottom 2. NATURALLY.ME TOO! I was so sad to see those 2 teams at the bottom. I secretly wanted Brown in the bottom and to go home... But, it's a game and I would have voted Green off also - since they were the competition.

I gotta say, I don't love "mean Jillian."
I've always liked her aggressive, borderline abrasive edge...but JEEZ! She had her *tender* moments, but yeah, scary!! When you think that these people go through such shock to their bodies in the first week it's amazing they can do what they can.

scarahjs
09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
I was happy when I saw the green team go home. It seems like they were to cocky about it when they were in the gym.

I think it would be nice to do a complete evaluation of your body to see what we really look like inside and see what our age is.

Andi18
09-17-2008, 07:39 AM
I am going to agree that it is not healthy to lose so much weight in that amount of time. It definitely does a number on the body which is why quite a few of the people gain back some of the weight. Part of that though is also that they go back to their old habits. They don't have the support after the show, the doctors that are with them on set every day, the trainers that push them, the people that buy/make their food, and...they have to go back work (which is where I put on most of my weight...fricken food days :devil: )

It would be nice to see all of the contestants be able to stay throughout the full season, but I don't see NBC changing it. They think that they've got a good thing going right now.

I was secretly hoping Brown would go home but I know they need to be there for their kids so I was fine with Green going home.

crazy4weightloss
09-17-2008, 08:37 AM
I watched it last night. The one thing that bothered me was the poor girl on the yellow team doing those jumping jacks. Wouldn't you think they would fit them with a supportive bra? I mean come on. I have a huge chest and I know that could not have felt good:(

lovnmom
09-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Who else thinks yellow girl and gray T.L. will have a little thing going on by the end of the show if they both can stay on?? They were so cute and supportive of each other at various turns...

Clydegirl
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I was glad to see the yellow team do so well at the weigh in. I hope they stay for a while. He has such a huge handicap not being able to exercise as much as the other contestants.

They never said why Tom on the grey team was restricted on his exercise. Or did I miss that?

Keillynsmom
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
What were they wearing on their arms? Bodybuggs or some other calories burned counting device?

ceegee
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I found the orange team to be entertaining.....he made me laugh!

To get perspective on the whole weigh in, try weighing yourself after you workout. I know I can easily lose 2 pounds of water from a 45 minute workout. So imagine how much you'd lose working out as much as they do!

What were they wearing on their arms? Bodybuggs or some other calories burned counting device?

bodybuggs :)

ThisTimeIsDifferent
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Who else thinks yellow girl and gray T.L. will have a little thing going on by the end of the show if they both can stay on?? They were so cute and supportive of each other at various turns...

I was thinking the same thing!

mountain mama
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree with lovnmom and this time it's different! I think they would make a sweeet couple :)

mollymom
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I haven't a clue what went on because I fell asleep sometime between opening credits and first commercial break! So much for exercising during the commercials!:?:I opened my eyes, briefly, when they were doing something about age, vs. adjusted age? I then went back to sleep until 1:30 AM when I dragged butt up to bed for the last few hours:^:

There is a site called real age in which you can do a questionnaire, fairly extensive the gives you an adjusted age based on weight, lifestyle, drinking, smoking, exercising, dietary etc.

MotoMichelle
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Does NBC usually put the whole episodes on their website afterwards?

I'm in Houston and still without power at home due to hurricane Ike, but I'm hoping I can come here to my office and watch it online tomorrow. :crossed:

I got to watch it online!! :carrot: Whew! I am happy.

The girl on the yellow team is too sweet! I like her a lot already. I also liked the orange team and were glad they didn't go home.

The green team looked great afterwards!

I saw an interview with Jillian and Bob on Larry King. He asked if it was unhealthy to lose weight so fast and they both said absolutely not as long as it's done through the healthy methods of exercise and healthy eating.

practiceliving
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I've always liked her aggressive, borderline abrasive edge...but JEEZ! She had her *tender* moments, but yeah, scary!! When you think that these people go through such shock to their bodies in the first week it's amazing they can do what they can.

Yeah, I've loved her in past seasons because she doesn't take any bull from her teams, but last night was a little over the top. The whole passing out/dying/throwing up thing didn't sit well with me, especially considering the yellow team dad COULD HAVE died! I hope she'll go back to the Jillian we know and love later in the season.

crazy4weightloss - I thought the same thing about the sports bras! When they showed the green wife running in the update bit, I was like "OUCH"

crazy4weightloss
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I was just thinking that would be something that they as in the show would help them with. That can really mess up your back and cause lots of other problems.

CandyKisses0204
09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Im sad the green team went home. And i would just like to point out that "mean jillian" cracks me up. I know its not supposed to be funny but i cant help but laugh at her. If it was me i think i might cry or punch her in the face... Hmmm

lovnmom
09-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Yep, Jillian is my fave by far no matter how hot Bob is, but I did think the, "every time you feel like stopping think of your dad who could die on the TM," was over the top. I totally loved how every time Jillian yelled at the dad he just said, "yes ma'am." Both father and daughter are totally cute. I can't waite for next week to get to know them all better. Well, as good as you can know reality tv folk.....as for the whole bra thing maybe they could get Champion or someone like that as a new sponsor. At least then we wouldn't have to watch them make all their snacks with low calories jell-o products lol

crazy4weightloss
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
as for the whole bra thing maybe they could get Champion or someone like that as a new sponsor. At least then we wouldn't have to watch them make all their snacks with low calories jell-o products lol

Lmao. Very true. Or the brand shock absorber.

dixied
09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Here's my geeky contribution to the conversation. I didn't get all the numbers filled out because I'm relying on TWOP for recaps. I didn't get to finish watching last night, so it's on my tivo schedule for tonight, and I'll finish the chart tomorrow. (Unless someone can fill in the blanks for me?)

If you're wondering about the "Weight @ 47% BF Lost" column, that's what Ali lost last year to win. I had a complicated chart with where each contestant could end up based on healthy body weight last year. I'll be doing it again, but not until they knock off some more folks.

Kelleigh
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I just adore the yellow team. I was cheering her on as she went up that hill all by herself.

Does anyone else think she (yellow team daughter, I think her name is Colleen?) looks like Reese Witherspoon? I really do!

MotoMichelle
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Im sad the green team went home. And i would just like to point out that "mean jillian" cracks me up. I know its not supposed to be funny but i cant help but laugh at her. If it was me i think i might cry or punch her in the face... Hmmm

Haha me too! I don't mind the mean Jillian.

Smiling1
09-17-2008, 05:52 PM

I love that Yellow team girl. I have to look at the official site, I am sure she has a name. She reminds me of me, except I realize that I am old enough to me her Mom. Her Dad is only 51. Seriously, the guy looks at least ten years older. Anyways when she said, "All the cookies I ate, all the walks I could have gone on, and didn't". DING DING DING That was as light bulb moment for me. They gray team is really cute also, they are going to be HOT when they drop, say 100 lbs.:D

bethbeth
09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
What a bummer that we have to wait a whole week for the next episode!

vixjean
09-17-2008, 10:49 PM
YES LT and the blond girl would be a GREAT couple. I love the cop dad, did you see how AWESOME he looked after he lost all that weight, he couldn't hold back the smile!

Also, here is the thread I started for working out during commercials, it didn't really take off (because I am a thread killer, LOL) but I will still be checking on it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151450

vixjean
09-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I love that Yellow team girl. I have to look at the official site, I am sure she has a name. :lol::lol:

Terri in MO
09-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm catching up on last nights first show.

I so want a pink T-shirt.

I could have done without the closeup of the girl throwing up in the trash can. That was gross.

Also, I'm finding Jillian to be highly annoying. I'd have to punch her in the face if she was screaming at me like that. I can appreciate being tough but what I don't like is when she is gritting her teeth and yelling at people. Or when she was pissed at Jerry for falling off the treadmill. She should understand how at his weight and age, that his body can't just jump into heavy duty exercise; particulary if he has back and knee issues. But I guess she's doing it for the camera. I'd still have to punch her.

You'd think they'd get better looking sports bras for the women since they are special colors.

Amazing losses this week. Heck, I'd be delirious for a three pound loss! :lol:

sportmom
09-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I noticed that many of the girls are extremely pretty already and well made up and I know they will be gorgeous in the end. I think NBC picks them that way on purpose.

vixjean
09-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes those baggy sports bras are just not going to cut it, what is up with that?

MotoMichelle
09-17-2008, 11:44 PM
They gray team is really cute also, they are going to be HOT when they drop, say 100 lbs.:D

I like the grey team too! They are funny guys. :D

modcat44
09-18-2008, 12:06 AM
WOW! Dixied! WTG on that chart--such dedication! that is a geeky but very neat thing you did! I will enjoy following that every week.

I agree about Colleen and LT making a cute couple. And I also wish no one had to go home--I would be devastated if I got that chance and only made it one week, or two and then had to go home--even though it is extremely hard being there, I'm sure.

They could also have Advil or some anti-inflammatory sponsor the show--I think I'd take a jumbo-sized bottle with me if I knew I was going to be exercising 6 or more hours/day!

lovnmom
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Kelliegh and Smiling1, I so agree that there are some totally hot babes that will be emerging as this seson goes on...I can't remember the pink girl's name, but how cute is she in her sassy glasses..I just didn't have any team that made me think "fake." They all seem so sincere. I'm with bethbeth...why do we have to waite a whole week???

MotoMichelle
09-18-2008, 10:28 AM
You guys that don't like how Jillian is acting - remember they do a lot of editing to make things appear worse/more dramatic than they are.

Remember last season when it appeared on the show that she told Allison Sweeny to "Leave her the F alone!" about Brittany? I heard on her radio show that she was actually yelling that at one of the producers who was trying to provoke Brittany to get a better reaction and some tears.

I noticed on Tuesday's show that they used the same shot of Bob looking towards his team with an upset expression twice. Once they used it during one of the first weigh in's and then they used the exact same shot for one of the last weigh in's. I suppose they used it twice because it was a dramatic/angry type of glance he was giving.

shrinkinglizzy
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
CAUTION: RANT AHEAD
Yeah, these reality shows are a pretty sad commentary on our whole society in some ways, but that's not to say I'm not a total sucker for them! I was just reading a few articles in New York Mag about Bravo's reality shows, and what happens to the winners (Jay McCarroll from Project Runway, Harold from Top Chef, etc), and it ain't pretty! They pretty much end up selling out or broke. And Bravo kind of owns their souls. And while we all expect them to finish the show and then have people throw money at them, it just doesn't happen, and meanwhile, they've taken 5 months of their lives off of their normal jobs, so they end up kind of screwed (can I use that word here?)

Perhaps if I were a person with stronger principles, I'd stop watching reality TV. But alas...
END RANT.

So anyway, TBL was pretty awesome. I've never really watched it except for catching a marathon here or there, so I'm excited for this season as it is REALLY motivating. Watching them work so hard and then seeing the payoff at then end definitely got me moving yesterday after I watched it online.
And I second the idea that they purposely pick "they'd be so pretty if they lost weight," or "oh, but she has such a pretty face!" types for the show. I also noticed that they didn't really let us get very connected to the green team, as opposed to yellow, for example. And as for Jillian, yeah, I don't feel so good about using a father's demise as motivation to do a jumping jack.
Can't wait for next week!
S

dixied
09-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Just my opinion. ;)

I think a lot of what we see of Jillian is heavily edited. Come on, they work out 6 hours a day and she screams at them like that the entire time? No way. She wouldn't have a voice left by the end of the first week. Also, a lot of the yelling reminds me of the Marines. I have a great uncle who was a DI. They get up in your face and break you down so that they can start to rebuild your self confidence. Has there ever been a former military person on the show? Wait, wasn't Kae (S4) military? Look how well she did. Of course that was with Bob, but still...

sportmom
09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Has anyone found the complete show link yet? The one on NBC right now is only the first hour. I only caught dribs and drabs of hour 2 and would really like to watch the whole thing uninterrupted.

Ilene
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I can't believe how good the couple who was voted off looked ... I can't wait to see her in her new dress on the last show... I enjoyed it, but I only saw the last hour....

krjpy
09-18-2008, 02:50 PM
I am really rooting for the Yellow Team. I think that the father really needs this more than anyone on that show and he has a daughter that is willing to do whatever is necessary to see him live a long healthy life. I will be devestated if they get booted off anytime soon. I think she can loose a good bit of weight, but is not in the state he is in (unlike LT is in comparison to his dad - LTs weight was insane)

BTW - did anyone figure out whay Tom Sr was on limited workout? We got it on The Yellow Team Father (the cop), but I don't remember getting the scoop on Tom Sr.

MotoMichelle
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Has anyone found the complete show link yet? The one on NBC right now is only the first hour. I only caught dribs and drabs of hour 2 and would really like to watch the whole thing uninterrupted.

It is on NBC's website. The description says it's only the 1st hour but it was the whole show for me.

sportmom
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Nope, it's only 46 minutes now, I watched all of it. It ended after the challenge.

dixied
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Yesterday there was a second video (clearly marked full episode), but they've removed it.

I have a question about the Yellow Team's Dad, Jerry. He's a police sergeant? How does he keep his job? My DH is a LEO and he has to pass a yearly fitness test. Even if he worked the desk, he'd still have to take the physical and pass it. I hope he loses a lot and can convert some of his fellow Law Enforcement Officers, it's generally a very unhealthy profession.

CandyKisses0204
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing

Kelleigh
09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Kelliegh and Smiling1, I so agree that there are some totally hot babes that will be emerging as this seson goes on...I can't remember the pink girl's name, but how cute is she in her sassy glasses..I just didn't have any team that made me think "fake." They all seem so sincere. I'm with bethbeth...why do we have to waite a whole week???

Yeah, I liked her glasses too. Made me think of Suzy. Remember her? And that grey team. My oh My:o, but I can't wait to see them at the end!

I have a question about the Yellow Team's Dad, Jerry. He's a police sergeant? How does he keep his job? My DH is a LEO and he has to pass a yearly fitness test. Even if he worked the desk, he'd still have to take the physical and pass it. I hope he loses a lot and can convert some of his fellow Law Enforcement Officers, it's generally a very unhealthy profession.

Do all LEO's have to pass an annual fitness test? I know the ones in my town sure couldn't do it! Not that I could either:D

lifechange
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Re the 3300 calories burned. The fellow they focused on and looked at his body bugg readout was very heavy. He had to have been close to 400 lbs. So you plug that into your treadmill or elliptical and the calories burned at that weight ratchets up even when you aren't going all out.

kissingginger
09-19-2008, 08:34 PM
I was wondering too about the 3000-4000 calories burned. Is it possible they are counting their basal amount of calories your body would burn + exercise? I think mine is about 2800 calories without doing anything? Does anyone know what I mean?

Ginger

chick_in_the_hat
09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
kissingginger - I would assume that is what they are counting. But I would be very careful about using those numbers for weight loss because they can be deceptive. Fit Day says I burn way more calories than I really do. Since they upgraded I can set a custom level - I find I'm probably pretty close to around 1400 calories a day without exercise. The more you weigh the more calories you burn just by getting through the day...so the grey team dude burns tons of calories especially since he is workiing out like a maniac. :D

tigerchic89
09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I also love this show. I've only been watching it for about a year.

ITA about the sports bras

last season, I wondered about the things on things arms. I'll go google it, but is it a HR monitor that downloads to teh PC???

I think the producers prob think that thay showed Jillian as too soft last season. SO they're making her look super tough. My dh thinks she is nuts, LOL

SavingServo
09-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm so sad I can't find the full episode anywhere anymore. :( But I saw the first hour on hulu and I'm not really rooting for anyone yet. But I like Ed (Orange Team guy), and what I'm really rooting for is for Coleen and LT to get together. ;)

PurpleChakra
09-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I was happy to see the Green team go home.. I thought they were too arrogant in the gym. I don't like it when people are like that. I don't know if they just wanted to appear more confident than the rest, but seriously.
I was soo thrilled to see the yellow team got immunity.
I am really truly rooting for this team. He needs the most help. And I would love to see him change his life. He needs to be there otherwise I honestly don't think he's got a future ahead of him. Plus he sort of reminds me of my dad and my dad passed away from a stoke due to his obesity and health issues. I couldn't help him, because I couldn't help myself.. And his daughter is soo brave for him, that's a heavy burden on her shoulders to be the strong one for her father. So I am all for the YELLOW team.

Oh.. I love Jillian, but I thought she was a little harsh with Yellow Team Dad.. I know they probably edited it together to make her look mean and nasty but at the same time, have a heart. The poor guy fell off the treadmill. Although when they showed the clip of her saying that you are either going to keep walking or die on this treadmill, she could've been saying that to any one of them, but it only looked like she was saying it to him.
That's the magic of editting I guess.

Just my thoughts on the first episode. :)
Looking foward to Tuesday.

PurpleChakra
09-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Does anyone else think she (yellow team daughter, I think her name is Colleen?) looks like Reese Witherspoon? I really do!

I was thinking the exact same thing!!

Naia
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I was wondering too about the 3000-4000 calories burned. Is it possible they are counting their basal amount of calories your body would burn + exercise? I think mine is about 2800 calories without doing anything? Does anyone know what I mean?

Ginger

I do, and it counts basal, walking, exercise, sleeping, everything! I have a Sensewear -- its pretty much the same thing as a Body Bugg -- and when it shows you the calories burned, it's for *everything*. On mine every day is from midnight to midnight. So it's not so much that it includes a number for the "basal" amount, as it just keeps counting your calories burned for every moment you have it on.

For an example, when I looked at mine last night - after a day gardening, cleaning house & an hour workout at the gym - it said I'd burned 2462 calories. That was from 12:01 am to 7:45pm (when I looked at it) so it included the time I was asleep, watching tv, everything. I'm 192 pounds, 36 & a woman... so for him since he's a guy, and much bigger -- the calories they showed burned are about right for a whole day & long workout.

ITA about the sports bras

last season, I wondered about the things on things arms. I'll go google it, but is it a HR monitor that downloads to teh PC???

I agree about the sports bras! I always think, what is up with that?!! I could never workout in one of those flimsy things!!

On thing on the arms -- they wear a BodyBugg. It measures what you're doing constantly, but it doesn't measure heartrate.

Here's a great thread on the bodybugg:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146354

I love mine, I've only had it for a week, so I'm still excited about it :D It's really great to see the graph of how active (or in my case, inactive!!!!) I am. It lets you input your food (like fitday), and measures exactly how many calories you burn daily.

practiceliving
09-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Just noticed that while Jillian is yelling at Coleen during the LCW, Jerry is on freaking *oxygen* on the treadmill - you can see him in the background with a nasal cannula on. Does it seem to anyone else like that's taking it too far? Like, if he needs oxygen to workout, perhaps he's working out too hard?

MotoMichelle
09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, I have to say I was disappointed that the grey team got sent home. I like the yellow team too, though, so it was a no win situation to me last night.

I like the orange team but was surprised when they voted grey. I like the pink team too but am not sure about the rest yet.

I thought Michelle's answer to her 2lb weight loss was great! Good for her! :hug:

dixied
09-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Here's this weeks geeky-chart. I realized that last weeks chart indicated body fat percentages, not percentage of weight lost. I guess I was kinda out of it when I made the chart.

I have mixed feelings about the elimination last night. I liked the gray team, and the yellow team, but if I'd been voting, I would have voted for the team made up of two men. Usually the men are the bigger threats. Getting rid of them when they have a chance is probably a good move.

I just did the math for Colleen. They said "4 months later" when they did the update on Tom and LT, so there's 12 weeks, and it's another 12 weeks to the finale? So 24 weeks for Colleen to lose 47% (116, and at 5'-2" that's heathy). That works out to 3.58 pounds a week. I just added a new column to the chart, it really looks like it could be anyone's game.

krjpy
09-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I have to say I LOST ALL RESPECT for the Orange team, I really think that regardless they owed it to the Grey Team to NOT vote for them. If their vote didn't matter, they should have just said that we owed them our vote for give us both of their support the previous week. NO ONE would have been upset, esp if as they said it wasn't going to make a difference in the outcome of the vote.

I think that it was more Heba's decission and I refuse to cheer for them in anyway. I know it is a game, but you have to have some morals and loyalty.

Now that my rant is over, did anyone see where to go to get the recipes that Rocco had them make? I want to try a couple of them.

Lawrencia
09-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't understand the Orange team's motivation either. I suppose they must have thought that the gray team was going no matter what, so they might as well try to get in good with the yellow team. I'd have thought though that they could have used their vote to keep gray as an argument down the road about how they keep their word. Like "look, we voted for the yellow team, even when we knew it wasn't popular and that it was futile because the gray team was going, but we gave our word to the gray team just like we are giving our word to you."

ThisTimeIsDifferent
09-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I have to say I LOST ALL RESPECT for the Orange team, I really think that regardless they owed it to the Grey Team to NOT vote for them. If their vote didn't matter, they should have just said that we owed them our vote for give us both of their support the previous week. NO ONE would have been upset, esp if as they said it wasn't going to make a difference in the outcome of the vote.

I think that it was more Heba's decission and I refuse to cheer for them in anyway. I know it is a game, but you have to have some morals and loyalty.

Now that my rant is over, did anyone see where to go to get the recipes that Rocco had them make? I want to try a couple of them.

I agree!! I was so disappointed with the orange teams decision. I like both the yellow and gray team so I'm sad to see them go. But did you see TJ on when they followed up on him 4 moths later??!! I think he's a hottie:devil:!

Terri in MO
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree about the orange team.

I am beginning to really dislike the whole voting people off thing. Especially when Heba (I think it was her) said that Colleen needed to go because she is the biggest threat to win the biggest loser. I thought to myself, Heba girl, get to working your *** off like Colleen is and she won't be the biggest threat. For some reason, her comment just seemed whiney to me. I think they should all stay and have to work hard the whole time for the big prize.

I thought Jillian was much better last night. How do you think they had such huge losses that first week? That was a bit much IMHO.

The two Tom's looked great and so happy! That's what its about more than the big prize.

Manick
09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
So glad you're back with the charts Dix :D I enjoy them!

kellybones
09-24-2008, 02:13 PM
That chart is awesome!

I 'm not sure who was looking - but the recipes are up at the NBC Biggest Loser website

Here is a link that might or might not work! http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/exclusives/nutrition/roccos_recipes/chicken-caesar.shtml

krjpy
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Kellybones - THANKS for the link!!!!

practiceliving
09-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Some of those recipes look deeeelicious! I'm shocked that they're using NuSalt, though, considering that the NuSalt website says you should "consult with your physician before using Nu-Salt." Umm... sounds sketchy to me!

Kelleigh
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, I have to say I was disappointed that the grey team got sent home. I like the yellow team too, though, so it was a no win situation to me last night.

Me too! The grey and the yellow were my two favorite teams and for both of them to be below was just awful. When Coleen kept raising her hand and bidding I was yelling at the tv, "STOP, QUIT, NO". I really can't believe she did that and I looked at my DH and said, "Jill's gonna kill her".

I have to say I LOST ALL RESPECT for the Orange team

Me too. I wouldn't mind seeing the orange team go home next week.

But did you see TJ on when they followed up on him 4 moths later??!! I think he's a hottie:devil:!

Yeah, he is! I can't wait to see him at the end. I hope he wins.

Thanks for the awesome chart Dix!:)

Kimphin
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
It is probably compounded by editing, but I seriously dislike the Brown team. If they are truly acting the way that they are being portrayed, I predict that the other teams will vote them out as soon as they are below the line.

mountain mama
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
im upset! I can't find episode two online anywhere! Im sure Iw ill be ble to find it n a couple days.. but i dont like waiting!

Smiling1
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
It is probably compounded by editing, but I seriously dislike the Brown team. If they are truly acting the way that they are being portrayed, I predict that the other teams will vote them out as soon as they are below the line.

OMG YES. I had such a bad taste in my mouth when the wife admitted that the hubby was faking his injury so they wouldn't be perceived as a major threat. And then the hubby was really a :devil: when talking about voting off the gray team. But as previously stated, I lost all respect for the orange team also. Both have to go---SOON. I am loving the purple and pink team now. They both have lots of heart and respect the other players.

But, I loved it when LT during his exit interview, said something like, "Wouldn't you be pissed if you went on a makeover show and turned out uglier than you started". LOL Give that boy props for having a great sense of humor.

tigerchic89
09-24-2008, 06:52 PM
im upset! I can't find episode two online anywhere! Im sure Iw ill be ble to find it n a couple days.. but i dont like waiting!

I've never had luck finding the episodes online, only the 2 min recaps and the extra scenes at nbc.com

OMG YES. I had such a bad taste in my mouth when the wife admitted that the hubby was faking his injury so they wouldn't be perceived as a major threat. And then the hubby was really a :devil: when talking about voting off the gray team.

But, I loved it when LT during his exit interview, said something like, "Wouldn't you be pissed if you went on a makeover show and turned out uglier than you started". LOL Give that boy props for having a great sense of humor.

I don't like teh guy on the brown, or the guy on the orange.. they just seem lik ethey can be such jerks.

I was cracking up when LT said that about his 3lb gain. that was soooo funny

Is there anywhere online to watch bask episodes from seasons 1-4 ? I didn;t watch then, adn I'd love to see them. TIA

PurpleChakra
09-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I have to throw my two cents in, I was a bit disappointed in Colleens decision to risk their stay for the prize of $10,000.
Her father DESPARATELY NEEDS TO BE THERE and to risk it for money is just rediculous. I understand that she really believed in themselves that they could lose the 14 pounds, but that was just being foolish and it almost cost them their time there. I felt like telling her that she just sold her fathers life for $10,000.00

just my two cents... I'm still rooting for the yellow team!! ALL THE WAY!!

sportmom
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I was cracking up when LT said that about his 3lb gain. that was soooo funny

I LOVED this part - how true!!!

Just noticed that while Jillian is yelling at Coleen during the LCW, Jerry is on freaking *oxygen* on the treadmill - you can see him in the background with a nasal cannula on. Does it seem to anyone else like that's taking it too far? Like, if he needs oxygen to workout, perhaps he's working out too hard?

I didn't see that, but did notice when Jillian was giving it to her that dad was standing in the background and not moving! Just like the way SHE stopped moving last week when Jillian turned her back on her and went to help the dad - then did the double take spin around and Colleen started her jumping jax again. WHen I noticed it this week tho, I was mostly watching his feet to see that they weren't moving, so I might have missed the mask. If so, YES, I def feel that is CRAZY.

chick_in_the_hat
09-24-2008, 11:04 PM

Rocco :T

Here's a link to the recipes (http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/exclusives/nutrition/roccos_recipes/).

Oh and I'm not surprised gray got voted off...but kinda bummed. That LT had the fire in his eye. :carrot:

DUH...there are two more pages of replies I haven't read yet.

stacylambert
09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I have a question...what's with all the subway? Isn't lunch meat notorious for being high in sodium and containing nitrates and stuff? I know its about advertising too, and I understand the gum and brita, but all the subway sandwiches kind of irritate me.

MotoMichelle
09-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I have a question...what's with all the subway? Isn't lunch meat notorious for being high in sodium and containing nitrates and stuff? I know its about advertising too, and I understand the gum and brita, but all the subway sandwiches kind of irritate me.

That's the main thing I dislike in TBL - all the product placement and endorsement.

The Jennie-O part was just obnoxious. "Hi Rocco. I'm looking at the Jennie-O turkey products and there's just SOOO much choice!"

lovnmom
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Product placement...boo hiss!!!
I'm in total agreement about Heba having to go. In one week she became so fake. The brown team wife sooo gets on my nerves. When her husband had to tell her to clap at the end of the slide challenge that just screamed SELF CENTERED. (I chose those two words over a less appropriate word.) I too was so mad at Colleen for bidding in that manner. What was she thinking? There were two teams with smaller % than them that would've ended up under the line instead.. I think the Toms would still be there if yellow hadn't have been under the line with them, but Colleen seriously kicked exercise butt during the slide challenge. I don't even know her and I was so proud. My kids think I'm so weird when I watch this show!! Loving the pink team. I have an awful relationship with my own mother and it's too cool watching them be so supportive of each other!

Kimphin
09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't see that, but did notice when Jillian was giving it to her that dad was standing in the background and not moving! Just like the way SHE stopped moving last week when Jillian turned her back on her and went to help the dad - then did the double take spin around and Colleen started her jumping jax again. WHen I noticed it this week tho, I was mostly watching his feet to see that they weren't moving, so I might have missed the mask. If so, YES, I def feel that is CRAZY.

That's what I noticed first - that he was just standing on the treadmill. Then I noticed the oxygen - and, yikes, I cut him some slack!

Honestly, I hope that they are able to stay for a few weeks, I don't see that team as a threat (as a team), and I don't think he will do well at home. I really like that team, but when Colleen bid I was a little disappointed.

tigerchic89
09-26-2008, 08:43 AM
does anyone else thinkk it is wild how similar the pink team mom and dd look. They look so identical to me, and their bodies are so similar. such strong genetic links there

lovnmom
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
tigerchic89, I had pointed that out while we were watching and then my children were noticing the body shape resemblances in all the parents and their children....my youngest daughter and I will be like that too, but my oldest daughter is all her dad's side!!! Making my youngest daughter petite and small boned and my oldest more amazon like. Both very beautiful, but in completely opposite ways!

Tetra
09-26-2008, 08:23 PM
This show is SOOO painful to watch. I am very thankful for my DVR. With skipping the commercials, and the recap that they do after the commercial to remind us what just happened 3.5 minutes before, there's actually only about 45 minutes of show for 2 hours. It just feels so disrespectful to the fans of the show to put them through this! I mean, wait, what is the average percentage of weight loss in week 2?

And what the heck is with all the over-the-top weeping when voting someone off. I don't care for the voting at all, I wish the lowest performer would just go home - the manufactured drama and ridiculous histrionics don't do anything for me. I have started to turn it off after the weigh-ins.

lovnmom
09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Tetra, The whole format of the show does make it more and more difficult to remain a loyal fan. Everything is so strung out. That said, I'll be a watchin' tonight though, but maybe not 4 weeks from now.

angeline
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Orange deserves to be betrayed - AGREE
Brown self-centered (would've preferred the "other" word) - AGREE
Yellow daughter is fierce and resembles Reese W - AGREE
Rocco is a hottie - AGREE
Too, too many commercials...love my DVR - AGREE
Yellow dad really needs to be there - AGREE

hmmmmm...what else? dont' remember but i AGREE with all of you!!

now, does anyone think that the daughter on the pink team resembles allie (from last season) who was also on the pink team???

wonder who is goin' home tonight????

dixied
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
does anyone else thinkk it is wild how similar the pink team mom and dd look. They look so identical to me, and their bodies are so similar. such strong genetic links there

I used to say that my goal shirt would say "To not look like my Mom". We're in the same boat with the strong resemblance, to the point that when I go home to visit people I haven't seen in years have called me by my mom's name.

Kelleigh
09-30-2008, 08:40 PM
now, does anyone think that the daughter on the pink team resembles allie (from last season) who was also on the pink team???

I have thought that too! Sometimes it seems these reality shows try to keep the same type people everytime. Like Amazing Race usually has an older couple every season. Know what I'm saying?

dixied
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm really disliking the orange team. They seem soooo cocky.

Kelleigh
09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I think the orange team is cocky also. I was really hoping to see them below the yellow line.

Did anyone else notice the brown team wife smirking when the yellow team fell below or was it just me? I mean, I know they must of been glad to be safe, but geez have a little respect. I really think she was smirking.

What about Jerry?!?! I was stunned. He has worked so hard and it really shows. I was so worried when he went home, but he's done great!

Ilene
09-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Jerry was looking awesome... I was very impressed by him...

Yes, the brown team did have a smile/smirk when they were above the line...

vixjean
10-01-2008, 12:59 AM
yes the brownie girl was totally smirking which was totally rude. I hope they go.
Orange team - I like the husband - he has his funny moments
Yellow - He should have stayed, BUT I know no parent would send their kid home, ya know?

Clydegirl
10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I was glad to see Jerry doing so well at home. What a wonderful father. Very emotional when they were deciding who should go home.

The brown team is very annoying. I saw her smirking when yellow fell below the yellow line.

practiceliving
10-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh GOSH. The whole Coleen-Jerry elimination has me in tears. I'm the same age as Coleen and see a lot of similarities between us, and I totally understand her love for her daddy and her desire for him to live a long life. My daddy is healthier than Jerry, but it really hit home for me.

Diva
10-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Oh GOSH. The whole Coleen-Jerry elimination has me in tears. I'm the same age as Coleen and see a lot of similarities between us, and I totally understand her love for her daddy and her desire for him to live a long life. My daddy is healthier than Jerry, but it really hit home for me.

Awwww I'm just watching now and came on to say how much I love these two and am really pulling for them, but now I see they go? :( That blows. There's really no other team here that have touched me.

Diva
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
OMG! The smug look and smirk on the Brown teams faces just makes me hate them and hope that THEY FAIL!

Smiling1
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
OMG! The smug look and smirk on the Brown teams faces just makes me hate them and hope that THEY FAIL!

:barf:I hope the producers are showing us some foreshadowing. . .especially when the wife said "oh, I am going to stay here, and hubby will go home". I wouldn't count on it, sweetheart. That Brady dude seems like a controlfreak to me.

But, I do think that the Yellow Team Dad looks marvelous and I was so overjoyed to see that he was able to get his act together and lose weight and get into shape. He looks fantastic. If he could do it, there is no excuse for any of us. Is there a Mrs. Yellow Team, because they never mentioned her.

Kimphin
10-01-2008, 11:59 AM
OMG, I wanted to reach through the TV and smack the Brown Team wife!!!! The smirking!!! Does she not realize that there are a bunch of cameras around? I agree that she may be a little overconfident that she would be staying instead of hubby - That should be good drama when it is their turn to decide.

I was so proud of Jerry with his at home success. I can't wait to see him at the final!

I don't really have any attachments to any of the other teams now, though. It really is the first season that I don't care who goes home anymore.

sportmom
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
From watching this since season 2, I'm going to predict that both brown and red and pink don't stay much longer. I know they don't know the winner yet, but they do already know who has gone home from the ranch right now as they edit this, and those teams just are not getting as much face time as the yellow, orange, purple teams are. So we have noticed over the seasons that they really expose you to a lot of air time for the people who become the eventual winners. I would take a stab and say that today, brown and red are already back home - real time today.

I also think that since they knew Jerry gained weight that morning, that they "threw" the show at that night's taping by only sending one person home. I think they TOTALLY manipulated the show to keep Coleen on. Otherwise they would have gone home. ANyone else with me here on this suspicion? They want Coleen's transformation into a svelte beauty queen to be caught each week for the ratings.

I'll be the stinker that says the whole last 15 mins at the end last nite was a waste of time and overly dramatic. We knew from the beginning it would be jerry going home. With all his issues he needed to be near home and his own dr and let his daughter rise to glory. He had no chance of being above the yellow line consistently going forward.

As for snickering, maybe we wouldn't have snickered but yes you'd definitely feel relief when you saw you weren't going home. We all know how they like to edit - I remember seeing teasers going into commercial of someone screaming or Jillian looking shocked that were totally inserted bc when the actual footage shows after commercial, no one screamed and Jillian wasn't even shown. I mean, it's all max-edited and things do not happen in sequence. Just like if you've ever sat in a live taping, they make you clap for like 3 mins straight 3 different times just so they can film you and later use the closeups and applause to edit into the tape later during the tape that's broadcast.

But have a great week everyone - red, blue, or just a fan of the show! Hey, do you think they'll split up the teams next week? I thought that's what was coming last nite and why they made everyone show up even tho there wasn't a vote.

Diva
10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I feel the same way Kim. I mean I am glad Colleen is still there and I am totally rooting for her, but besides her; I have absolutely no attachments. I am soooo glad Jerry went home and continued to lose weight. That's so awesome because I was so worried. I don't know if the Mom is around. I kind of got them impression at her little Birthday wing-ding that maybe she died or left them? I have no idea, but you can totally see the love between father & daughter. It makes me miss my Daddy.

dixied
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I also think that since they knew Jerry gained weight that morning, that they "threw" the show at that night's taping by only sending one person home. I think they TOTALLY manipulated the show to keep Coleen on. Otherwise they would have gone home. ANyone else with me here on this suspicion? They want Coleen's transformation into a svelte beauty queen to be caught each week for the ratings.

As soon as they said only one person would go home, I knew it would be Jerry. Even before they weighted in. That was so staged, it looked like one of the product placements. But Jerry looked great, and I hope he keeps it up.

This week's chart will be delayed. I forgot to e-mail it to work, I'll finish it tonight and post it.

tigerchic89
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
As soon as they said only one person would go home, I knew it would be Jerry. Even before they weighted in. That was so staged, it looked like one of the product placements. But Jerry looked great, and I hope he keeps it up.

yup, exactly what I thought. Only, I thought that they woudl go to all individuals after one team had been split up.

sportmom
10-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Me too Tiger, I think we'll see that next week. Otherwise, how will they make it fair to Coleen. I guess they could avg the pairs and take her number solo, but still that's not fair bc she doesn't have the "male" or heavier team mate to inflate the average for her.

practiceliving
10-08-2008, 01:08 AM
So what did everyone think of tonight's episode?

I'm a little confused about Jillian's team. They worked really hard in the challenge, but then suck in the gym to the point that Jillian has to scream at them. I wonder what we're not seeing because of all the editing?

Iwanawurkit
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
I didn't get to see it last night but I will be watching for sure tonight. Had my times mixed up and watched a stupid special instead. Bummer!

RangerChic
10-08-2008, 09:04 AM
So what did everyone think of tonight's episode?

I'm a little confused about Jillian's team. They worked really hard in the challenge, but then suck in the gym to the point that Jillian has to scream at them. I wonder what we're not seeing because of all the editing?

You know, I was like, what the heck? Her team did do great on the challenge and then they're not doing their homework? Not sure what's in these people's heads, but they really do need to get in the game. The purple mom is so annoying to me. Jill tried to get to the bottom of her problems, but she just seems only half-heartily into this.

bethbeth
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Where was Bob last night?

sportmom
10-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Couldn't belive it when Amy gave that "mwah" and bah-buy wave and walked off the treadmill and out of the gym. If that was me, I woulda been inching up the treadmill into a jog so that she'd stop yelling! In fact, i WAS on the treadmill at the time in my own home, and felt the need to go faster! Sheez, I would have complied, and then that nite talked to the producers about getting on the other team. ;) I think purple mom's tears were produced as well on their day away - it was like, ok, you wanna see me cry, i'll fake a tear or two, but it wasn't alot and her eyes didn't get watery. And she kept glancing at the camera, like, are you filming this? Maybe when you're yelled at by someone half your age it doesn't mean as much? You just don't take it seriously, cuz you're thinking, get real......

Nori71
10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Marianne - I do think there's sooo much editing going on.

I'm really dissapointed with this season of TBL. Nearly all the people I picked as favs are already gone and I actually didn't even have the desire to watch last night. I caught the last 15 minutes and then realized there was no elimination!

RangerChic
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Where was Bob last night?

He was around, but it seemed the focus was more on Jill's team.

practiceliving
10-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Wow, talk about a totally difference between last night and tonight's episodes!

I have to say, I was NOT expecting the orange team to be the bottom team! I guess that's because there was little focus on Bob's teams this week, but I thought it would be one of Jillian's teams. Ed's looking great though - he's lost 50lbs since he left the ranch!!

RangerChic
10-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah, was a bit surprising. I have to say, I am happy though that Coleen squeeked through on the weigh in. So far, she's the one I kinda like.

Smiling1
10-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I am wondering why the Orange team seems to have trouble losing weight. They both have lots of weight to lose, in the past those with large numbers to lose get the weight off quicker.

miriam101
10-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Maybe orange have trouble losing weight because of other issues, hehe. Still mad at them for backstabbing gray!!

Andi18
10-10-2008, 08:28 AM
From watching this since season 2, I'm going to predict that both brown and red and pink don't stay much longer. I know they don't know the winner yet, but they do already know who has gone home from the ranch right now as they edit this, and those teams just are not getting as much face time as the yellow, orange, purple teams are. So we have noticed over the seasons that they really expose you to a lot of air time for the people who become the eventual winners. I would take a stab and say that today, brown and red are already back home - real time today.

Just an FYI - all teams are back home now. They have already started filming for the next season ;)

I am disappointed in the girls (Jillian's team). They definitely do not seem to be putting as much in as previous seasons, but then again I also know there is a lot of editing being done so we don't know the whole picture. The fact that they are not doing there homework is pathetic. That is wasting precious time that they have during this once in a lifetime opportunity.

I can't wait to see how well Heba sticks this out. Right now I am hoping for Heba and Coleen to go far in the show. It would be nice to see all of the guys get sent home, but we will see if that happens. With Ed not losing any the other night, it was stupid to send him home as he would be dropping large numbers, but you know as soon as they go back to voting for elimination he would be a target if he ever fell below the yellow line.

RangerChic
10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I've become friends with some of the girls from this season on myspace, and they all say "editing, editing, editing." :)

KimL1214
10-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I've been glued to every season, except for this one...

MotoMichelle
10-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I was disappointed it was the orange team. They were the only remaining team that I liked a good bit.

Now I'm hoping for Colleen, Heba, or Michelle to go far.

I can not stand the brown team. Ugh! They are both annoying. The red team is ok. I'm not crazy about the two remaining moms.

dixied
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
anyone watching tonight?

dixied
10-14-2008, 09:23 PM
How can Heba say her team choices weren't "personal" when she said at the picnic table that he was a "little shrew (?)" and it was the wrong day to piss her off?

Marms
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I agree. She acted terribly. And someone needs to remind her that this is a COMPETITION and that him sneaking food does not make him a shrew......it makes him competitive.

sportmom
10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh no, I think Shellay is about to be sent home. She is a disadvantage on the challenges ............

but please don't let anyone say, with heavy heart. UGH

Too late, THEY SAID IT! puh leez

dixied
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh no, I think Shellay is about to be sent home. She is a disadvantage on the challenges ............

silly, it's with a heavy, heavy, heavy heart. LOL Nicole from the Season that Bill won (4?) always had at least 4 "heavys" in her elimination speech. I thought once they got rid of her that it could have been a 1/2 hour show. :D

sportmom
10-14-2008, 10:53 PM
oh gosh, when did this even start?? We'll have to watch a marathon to find out.

I was watching a movie over the weekend where someone used that terminology - I laughed. 2 votes for Shellay, here we come.

sportmom
10-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Hmm, who's going to be the tie-breaker??? 2 for Shell 2 for Renee........ Colleen will vote off Shellay, she's edgy enough and win-savvy enough.

sportmom
10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Yep, she's toast. Too bad. Amy will come totally U-N-G-L-U-E-D when she finds out and ALL of next week. Ohhhh, the drama!

And how could the wife who got on blue get so upset about hubby going on black. At least he's still THERE! Not like Heba or Colleen. Babies.

dixied
10-14-2008, 10:59 PM
She looks so good!

sportmom
10-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Definitely!!! Good for her!

Smiling1
10-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Shellay looks fabulous. Her dh looks real happy:D too. I was bawling my eyes out during that elimination. There I said it.:) And, I think I hate Hebba more than the brown team now.

chellez
10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I was really shocked that Shellay went home. I have kind of pulling for them to boot off Renee. :devil:

I think the whole elimination speech may actually be given to them on cards prior to going in. Michelle's entire speech was word for word from last season.

Come on now people... :exercise: Let's get Original...Original.... I want it to be Original! Let me hear you be honest for once! Be honest once! :exercise:

:lol: If you are totally lost at my funny, go watch the Office from last week. :p

RangerChic
10-15-2008, 09:16 AM
And how could the wife who got on blue get so upset about hubby going on black. At least he's still THERE! Not like Heba or Colleen. Babies.

Yes, Amy was upset and I don't blame her. While I see what you are saying and don't completely disagree, it was about Heba doing it out of spite for Phil. Other than that reason, seems okay to me.

dixied
10-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I still haven't chosen someone to root for, however I'm now rooting against Heba and Vicki. Heba, cause I think she's a real *itch, and Vicki because her facial expressions annoy me. ;) Brady can stay, he seems nice enough, but his wife is driving me batty with her mousy attitude.

hereyago
10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Heba actually had a great idea in the challenge to keep things the same. Not sure why Phil would want to interfere with that except out of mistrust and animosity.

I thought Heba really screwed up even though the black team landed on the chopping block. No reason to disrupt half your team out of spite.

I loved the physical all day hiking challenge. Good mind game, good strategy by both teams. Pretty clever and daunting.

I was not a Shellay fan until this week actually and then she was voted off.

Like others on this thread, I am not really attached to anyone yet. I like Colleen, Renee, and Michelle (stop whining), and maybe Amy (Phil's wife). However, I am not rooting for any one particular person and usually I have a favorite by now.

ksk571
10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
silly, it's with a heavy, heavy, heavy heart. LOL Nicole from the Season that Bill won (4?) always had at least 4 "heavys" in her elimination speech. I thought once they got rid of her that it could have been a 1/2 hour show. :D

:rofl: Now that's funny stuff!

MotoMichelle
10-15-2008, 01:36 PM

Haha my husband actually made a comment about that last night. Always with the heavy heart. :dizzy:

I liked Heba before but this week she really disappointed me. How childish she acted. I still don't care for the brown team, although the husband isn't as bad.

At this point I'm hoping Coleen goes far or Michelle (as long as they don't over do her emotional baggage - that gets old).

sportmom
10-15-2008, 02:05 PM
At this point I'm hoping Coleen goes far or Michelle (as long as they don't over do her emotional baggage - that gets old).

Totally agree- that "I'm going home" thing, blah. Did anyone even ever believe that was real and not totally contrived? It just sounded SOOO scripted and fed to them. Like even the mom started grinning at one point. Who would leave - and the reasons weren't even good. You'd be a fool. And the whole story about her mom leaving - well, she was 20 then, an adult. Was she still living at home and was left? Doesn't sound like it - she got a call that mom was leaving and taking her 2 sisters, sounds like she was already out on her own. I think that's being overplayed as well for ratings.

Kelleigh
10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
I kinda thought they should of voted off Michelle just because of all that bologna. "I don't know if I'm ready to be here". "I feel guilty I'm with my mom" wah wah wah. It got on my nerves very bad.

And Heba... let's just say I will be jumping up and down when she gets voted off. If she ever does. Usually the most annoying ones hang around. And is it just me or is she sorta conceited? She's almost full of herself at times. Now I'm not knocking confidence, I just think Heba thinks she's better than anyone else.

At first Coleen was my fav, but now I'm leaning toward Amy from the purple team or even the red team. The brown team wife... I can't believe she's still there and she gives the most smirky looking grins.

sportmom
10-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Yep, cocky is a good way to put it. But sometimes that is just a cover for very deep insecurities, you know? Almost like bullies.

canadianwoman
10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
And Heba... let's just say I will be jumping up and down when she gets voted off.

So will I. In fact I wil probably jump so high that my 10 calorie Jello Cup, my Coolwhip in a can and my glass of skim milk will fall to the floor.

Oh well...less calories for me. :D:carrot:

Kelleigh
10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
So will I. In fact I wil probably jump so high that my 10 calorie Jello Cup, my Coolwhip in a can and my glass of skim milk will fall to the floor.

:rofl:

But hopefully you'll still have your pack of Wrigley's Extra sugar-free gum in your pocket!:D

chick_in_the_hat
10-16-2008, 10:13 PM

Oh well...less calories for me. :D:carrot:

:lol3: And your Jenny-O turkey burger.

I'm leaning towards Coleen or Brady (he has been rocking his workouts and it seems like his attitude has come a long way from the I hate vegetables episode). ickie and Heba can go soon, please....

What the heck is wrong with Vickie that she can't walk up and down a mountain? Not that it's easy...but everyone else seemed able. FAKER? :s:

Heba is just a whiney 5 yr old.

And Michelle's emotional baggage is getting old - going over it again each episode. At least her Dad seems to be a cool dood. :cool: I don't really know what to think about Renee - she hardly gets any camera time.

Red team....MEH.

sportmom
10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh man, I'm glad someone brought up the Cool Whip in a CAN. I mean, how unhealthy and unnatural must that crap be??? UGH These trainers must feel their stomach turn when they have to pimp this stuff.

Oh, and gum? Put it in the category of diet soda - stimulates appetite from the chewing motion and makes you seek more sugar because the sugary taste is a trigger. The milk is the only thing I can't take issue with - I used it last nite after I weight lifted. There's actually research posted on the weight lifting forum that chocolate milk is the perfect post workout snack from a carb/protein ratio perspective.

canadianwoman
10-17-2008, 03:53 AM
Oh man, I'm glad someone brought up the Cool Whip in a CAN. I mean, how unhealthy and unnatural must that crap be???

And probably chock full of hydrogenated vegetable oils.....just what we need.....NOT.

These trainers must feel their stomach turn when they have to pimp this stuff.

Have you noticed that is it only Bob who pimps the processed stuff? That is because Jillian will not do it. She even mentioned that in her latest podcast.

There's actually research posted on the weight lifting forum that chocolate milk is the perfect post workout snack from a carb/protein ratio perspective.

Very true. I have seen it mentioned many times as a good post workout drink on another weight lifting forum.

canadianwoman
10-17-2008, 03:59 AM
:lol3: And your Jenny-O turkey burger.

That too. :D (even though we don't have Jenny-O up here where I reside.)

What the heck is wrong with Vickie that she can't walk up and down a mountain?

She has really bad arthritic knees. It was mentioned in an episode.

Michelle's emotional baggage is getting old - going over it again each episode. At least her Dad seems to be a cool dood.

Hopefully her parents were watching that episode with her (because I am assuming they are all at home now until the finale) and have talked to her about it and straightenned her out on the matter.

canadianwoman
10-17-2008, 04:01 AM
:rofl:

But hopefully you'll still have your pack of Wrigley's Extra sugar-free gum in your pocket!:D

I never touch the stuff. Artificial sweeteners are poison in my opinion. Blech.:barf:

RangerChic
10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Have you noticed that is it only Bob who pimps the processed stuff? That is because Jillian will not do it. She even mentioned that in her latest podcast.

Yeah, she even wasn't totally onboard with the nalegene bottles until it was proven to her that they changed. I realize Bob wants to keep the show happy, but maybe he needs to do what Jillian did and say no way.

dixied
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
The only pimped product I use on a regular basis is the Jennie-O turkey. It's cheaper than ground beef around here and I can sneak it into DHs meals and he doesn't know the difference.

Subway - All that bread has HFCS, or so I hear.
Extra Gum - Studies show that chewing gum can cause a bloated feeling from the excess air in your stomach. Just what I need.
Jello- My DSS hates jell-o. He thinks the texture is gross, so I don't ever think to buy it.
Cool Whip in a can - you know that's got to have some strange chemicals.

sportmom
10-17-2008, 05:07 PM
We call subway, bread sandwiches. It's all bread with a kleenex sized amount of meat and cheese! THat's gotta totally blow their carb ratios for the day. Hey, maybe it's the only carbs they get all week or something! LOL

chick_in_the_hat
10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
She has really bad arthritic knees. It was mentioned in an episode.

Ahh - I'm shutting up about it then. :tape:

sportmom
10-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Actually, I should retract my mean comments about Subway. Yes, it's still mostly a bread sandwich, but I think 99% of the breads on the store shelves have hfcs. I think you probably have to go to a hfstore to find it w/o it, and then it would probably be a commitment to make the adjustment to get used to it. I can take the little bit in my whole wheat bread I think.......... I'll focus on avoiding it in other places. :)

chick_in_the_hat
10-17-2008, 10:30 PM
About Subway...I hardly ever eat lunch out so I don't go there very often. But given the other available choices of "fast food"....it's easier to find a relatively healthy chioce at a place like Subway than say a McDonalds....at least I'm not tempted by fries (just cause I don't order them doesn't mean I don't want to steal DH's). :P

Can you get a healthier choice at a health food store? Of course...but they are a little harder to come by. :D

canadianwoman
10-18-2008, 08:07 AM
We call subway, bread sandwiches. It's all bread with a kleenex sized amount of meat and cheese!

My former daughter-in-law worked at Subway when my son first met her and she said the workers were told to use as little meat and cheese (and other fillings) and they could get away with in order to save the store owners money.

Ever since if we want subs (in my family) we make our own since we live next to a 24 hour supermarket.

sportmom
10-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, I suspected as much, Canada. I guess if you are on the road and need to make a stop, it's ok, but not as a regular meal replacement if you're just tired of the same old ho hum at home.

JoyfulVegGirl
10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
My sister was fired from Subway for putting too many olives on people's subs (at their request). True story ;)

I seriously can't WAIT for Heba to be voted off. I know it's a game but she's such a control freak, especially in the challenges! Poor Amy, I really wish she'd started eating brownies earlier in the challenge just so Heba would lose one for once.

I feel the same way about Vickie as well. I couldn't believe she was whining about Brady holding her back a couple of weeks ago! He works harder than anyone else on that show!

It'll be interesting to see how Jillian reacts to losing Shellay.

hereyago
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Looking forward to tonight's episode. TBL is the only reason I like working out on Tuesday nights.

Incredible that Brady walked 20 miles and could barely move 5 weeks before that. Also wondering if Vicky is faking it with the bigger numbers she is pulling.

dixied
10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Looking forward to tonight's episode. TBL is the only reason I like working out on Tuesday nights.

Incredible that Brady walked 20 miles and could barely move 5 weeks before that. Also wondering if Vicky is faking it with the bigger numbers she is pulling.

I think that they have doctors who monitor them pretty closely, so if it's arthritis, she's probably under supervision or restricted from running. Not that it would matter to Jillian, look what she had Jerry doing and he was only suppoed to exercise 30 minutes a day. Vicky is lucky Heba didn't put her with Jillian. :drill:

MotoMichelle
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM

Did you notice that on the milk promo that Bob didn't drink the milk? Last time he was on Jillian's show he discussed that he had gone vegetarian. Maybe even vegan if he's not doing dairy.

dixied
10-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Vicky is really not helping her cause tonight. How could she not want videos of her kids? I understand not wanting to get hurt, but she's a real whiner!

Colleen's boyfriend looked a little shocked. She's right, it was cute.

dixied
10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Okay it's official I despise the Hebatroll-Brady-Vickywhiner alliance.

dixied
10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
You're all working out right? That's why I'm in here alone talking to myself?

As they are weighing in, I realized that when I weigh myself I hear the BL scale sound effects in my head.

Vicky and Michelle are within a pound of each other, but Vicky looks much bigger to me. It's probably just the fact I don't like her. ;)

dixied
10-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Do any of my invisible friends out there tonight suspect Brady loaded up on water based on the teaser for next week. I think Bob's comment on "they blew us away" was a comment on tonights weigh-in. I think Brady sucked down some water based on the fact they controlled the alliance. Heba not being sure of who to vote for was BS. Why is it the nasty people always go far in this game?:?:

ksk571
10-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Do any of my invisible friends out there tonight suspect Brady loaded up on water based on the teaser for next week. I think Bob's comment on "they blew us away" was a comment on tonights weigh-in. I think Brady sucked down some water based on the fact they controlled the alliance. Heba not being sure of who to vote for was BS. Why is it the nasty people always go far in this game?:?:

The smug grin on Vicki's face told me that something was up. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened this week.

vixjean
10-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Okay it's official I despise the Hebatroll-Brady-Vickywhiner alliance.

Yes Vicky is my LEAST favorite, I vote that she changes her name! ;)

Yes Brady had to be water logging, yes Bob knew.

Yes Heba is the suck!

Yes I wanted to smack Vicky like 47 times with her nasty smile!

sportmom
10-21-2008, 11:37 PM
I thought maybe it could be Phil who blows them away - I mean, he's got vengeance on his side now.

heba is so stupid. I mean, you hate Phil so you get rid of his wife? That's so elementary. OK< that does absolutely nothing to him AND now he's going to come after you even more, ya nitwit. Who hates WHO here? I think the brady/wifey actually made up all that smack talk to strengthen the alliance. You know the producers probably fed it to them too.

Folks, tonite the battle was between class and trash, and sadly, class lost. Vickie just looks like some dumpy wrong side of the tracks chick stuck in 1972 with her small mind and hairstyle. She gives the south a bad name, while Amy gave the south a good name. We see where that got her. The trash overtook the class. So sad. To your point Dee, it's just like season 3 again where the mean girls rule.

OK, we need a refresh of the rules around water logging. Does anyone remember the specifics of the Matt Rule from season 2?

Mom2QJandT
10-21-2008, 11:41 PM
I think something is up. Vicky was way too happy to see Brady's low number. I can't stand the alliance and I want all three of them outta there!

Bette k
10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
OK, it's offical now, Black is my team, except for Amy who should really be black the whole blue team can go home with my blessing. Also what was it with that place Bob took them, I don't like heights but I would much rather have done the ropes than that.

ksk571
10-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I thought maybe it could be Phil who blows them away - I mean, he's got vengeance on his side now.

heba is so stupid. I mean, you hate Phil so you get rid of his wife? That's so elementary. OK< that does absolutely nothing to him AND now he's going to come after you even more, ya nitwit. Who hates WHO here? I think the brady/wifey actually made up all that smack talk to strengthen the alliance. You know the producers probably fed it to them too.

I thought that it was wierd that they didn't show Phil talking to Brady. I also wondered if it was a made up story. Hmmm?

vixjean
10-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Okay - the way the Vicky lady was all, "I don't need to see or talk to my kids, that does nothing for me" EWE, seriously, worst mom EVER!

dkneec19
10-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I agree with ALL of you about the alliance of A-holes. What really irked me about vicky was her comment saying something like "I know some people are here to lose weight, and that's noble, but brady and I are here to win the money"

Wtf, what a jerk. I really wanted Amy to just turn around to all of them and just flip em all the bird. Seriously, Heba is so rude and fowl with her "well sorry, YOU married him" bs when talking with Amy about Phil.

*sigh* that show gets me all fussed up sometimes.

canadianwoman
10-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Did you notice that on the milk promo that Bob didn't drink the milk? Last time he was on Jillian's show he discussed that he had gone vegetarian. Maybe even vegan if he's not doing dairy.

Yep. I did notice that. I think he might be vegan but I am not 100% positive on that.

canadianwoman
10-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Okay - the way the Vicky lady was all, "I don't need to see or talk to my kids, that does nothing for me" EWE, seriously, worst mom EVER!

Seriously! I would be dying to see my boys after 6 weeks even if they *are* grown adults now and of course I would LOVE to see my 19 month old grandson.

When Vicky said what she said I wanted to smack her sorry a**. I hope her kids were watching that at home when she said it. What a nice mom....NOT!!!

Amy P, Brady and Vickie had such a good chance to vote ****-disturbing Heba off tonight and they blew it. Of course Amy P. didn't have much of a choice in the matter but she looked great at the end of the show.

Clydegirl
10-22-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't know who I dislike more out of those 3.

Vicky is a nasty piece of work. I noticed the smirk on her face when Brady got the low number. There is something fishy going on.

canadianwoman
10-22-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't know who I dislike more out of those 3.

Vicky is a nasty piece of work. I noticed the smirk on her face when Brady got the low number. There is something fishy going on.

Hmmm. Now I am wondering if Vicky and Brady are conspiring against Heba in the privacy of thier room when the cameras are not in there.

If it happens...remember that I called it first.:D

vixjean
10-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Hmmm. Now I am wondering if Vicky and Brady are conspiring against Heba in the privacy of thier room when the cameras are not in there.

If it happens...remember that I called it first.:D

Ummm... That's too obvious, I don't think you can call that one ;)
They are married so of course they are just using Heba as an extra vote, and if Heba doesn't turn fast enough, she will just be thrown away towards the end.
(Okay, I watched way too much survivor in my years)

iwmonn
10-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Did Heba actually really truly say it out loud??? She FORBID Amy P from rooting Phil on during the balance beam? LMAO!

I had the same thoughts about the conversation Phil supposedly had with Brady. Why didn't we see any of it? You know if it happened the film crew was around somewhere. I'm thinking it's some sort of game play also. Vickie always looks like she's got evil up her sleeve. ;)

Poor Heba thinks she's so in control of that game, but I have a feeling Vickie is the puppeteer.

And I totally concur about something being up with Brady's 3lb loss. Those 3 are something else! Heba is going to be in a huge world of hurt when it comes to her being on the block with Vickie or Brady! Or just wait til singles.... All 3 of them (or whoever is left) are going to be major-in-trouble.

The Neil Waterload Rule was that if there were any weight gain, it could not be counted in the next weeks loss. I don't recall any penalty if he didn't go into the negative.

HVEECK
10-22-2008, 02:20 AM
I cant wait for vicky and Hebba to be voted off!!!! Vicky makes me sick! right from the begining she pissed me off. she was all gun ho about even kicking her own husband off! Now that thing with not caring about hearing from her kids, what a cold hearted b****! And hebba just drives me up a wall. Im with the black team all the way!

vixjean
10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
go black! but I love the little Amy girl on blue team, she is so cute.

crazy4weightloss
10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Icky Vicky has to go. I wanted to stick my hand through the computer and punch her. She is the biggest loser, but not in a good way.

RangerChic
10-22-2008, 10:02 AM
OK, it's offical now, Black is my team, except for Amy who should really be black the whole blue team can go home with my blessing.

I agree, I'm with the black team all the way. I'm rooting most for Coleen and Michelle. I liked how Coleen was saying that the black team has class and the blue doesn't because they were smack talking the black team during the challenge. Good for her!

RangerChic
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm really hoping Heba goes soon. At least the way she's being portrayed on the show makes me not like her at all.

futuresize6
10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I would like someone admirable to win the game-in past seasons doesn't the winner always seem likable and deserving? The Vicky/Brady/Heba alliance is so low class and tacky, Colleen said it perfect during the challenge. That smirk has got to go! She bugs the crap out of me. If any of those three should happen to win I will be angry! Go Black team!!!

hereyago
10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Of course I forgot their is no individual yellow line.

Something definitely going on with Vicky and Brady's weigh in last night. Wondering if Brady drank water to throw the weigh in knowing that he wouldn't be voted off. Then of course next week he would have a huge drop in pounds which would make him safe, and then Vicky wouldn't be voted off with his alliance in the majority.

They can tag team like that back and forth for a couple of times.

Lori Bell
10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
This is the first season I have watched TBL and I'm hooked...LOL I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes Heba & Vicky. I kind of liked Brady, but after reading your comments, I think he did chug water to weigh more...he knew he was safe. Cheater!!! My favorite is Michelle. She is so cute and seems real...

I have to wonder what is up with everyone's gut though...The girls under 200 still have these huge stomachs...Just doesn't seem right.

Kimphin
10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Icky and Hubba-Bubba are awful trolls. Honestly - are they going to be proud of the way they are coming across? Mark my words, they will be out there on myspace or something whining about how they were edited to look bad. No, trolls, you made yourselves look bad!

If I hear Hubba say one more time "I will be carrying our child", I will hurl. If I hear Icky say one more word... period, I will hurl. Ugh.

I think the producers will change up the game to minimize the alliance - eventually. Right now it is making good drama.

Brady and Icky will never get any Oscars or Emmy awards - they are terrible actors! Brady turning to the scale readout and saying- "I have no idea how that happened" - such bad acting!!!!

I don't watch Survivor because all of the infighting and scheming reminds me too much of work. Now TBL is becoming similar. It makes me sad.

sportmom
10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
The thought of heba parenting anything, even a dog, really makes me sad. THe kid, no matter how sweet the personality, will not stand a chance. Brat brat brad. Or maybe timid timid timid from having to bow down to mom being the center of the world even after the baby comes.

She is the biggest loser, but not in a good way.
HOW TRUE!!

Yes, it may be editing, but for 100% edited evil, you had to be at least 50% evil all of the time for them to catch that much footage. That trio is all about the money, weight loss is just a path to that. Bad attitude at the challenge - what about the rest of your team who cared about winning blue team? Bob must be just miserable putting up with his team.

WardHog
10-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes Vicky is my LEAST favorite, I vote that she changes her name! ;)

Yes Brady had to be water logging, yes Bob knew.

Yes Heba is the suck!

I completely agree with all of this. :Now off to read the rest of the thread:

collegegirl09
10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, I know the show has to have some drama going on, but there is NOTHING I like about Vicky!

A woman who won't put effort into a challenge just because she didn't think a video from her kids was a good enough prize?????????

I agree with Kimphin, I hope this show doesn't turn into any other "planning, alliance-building, cheating" reality show....

Terri in MO
10-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I haven't chimed in a while but I was truly disgusted with last night's show. It is becoming too much like Survivor and the only real inspiration comes from the follow-up with the one voted off.

I can't stand Heba, Vicky and Brady and am seriously thinking of not watching it anymore. I know that the producers think they have to have drama but if they really knew their audience, they would understand that we don't watch to see the drama of immature and mean people, but to see people succeed at what is so hard to succeed at.

I thought it was pretty low when they were doing the hill climb and the Heba team suggests a break to rest only to fool the other team so they could win. How about winning fairly and squarely? That was so not in the name of good sportsmanship. Also, the pouty faces on the blue team last night when Phil and Michelle's mom was kicking their butts on the balance beam. Not their fault that the Blue team suck and again, how mean-spirited of them to heckle just so they could get back on the beam. I don't even call that competitive.

Heba is a spoiled, mean hearted (have I said that enough?) person. I loved how she was so distraught that she had to call her daddy and her daddy sounded like he didn't get the big deal of her bawling about missing him. And last night, I noticed how she said she wanted to see her dad, her husband and her dogs. Noticed how the dad came first.

I also think that Heba will be surprised by Brady and Vicky because at some point they will turn on her. Last night, Vicky said that Brady and her came there to go home with $350,000. One expects to win the overall and the other expects to win the at home portion. They will take Heba out at some point.

Granted, Phil was a dufus of extreme proportions by pulling Brady aside and trying to get them to save Amy. That only added fuel to their fire. Phil should keep his mouth shut.

This season has seemed to be the worst at the Survivor-like strategies.

Whew, enough ranting! I want to see more inspiration!

Smiling1
10-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Disgusting is all I can say about Vicki and Brady. And, Heba is the Biggest Jerk, not the biggest loser. I am willing to go out there and say that their story about what's his name now on the black team was totally fabricated. They are going to stab Heba in her back real soon, just you wait and see, cause she IS the biggest threat to them. And, Heba, those two are NOT your friends. You know them for what, six weeks total? You need to grow up some before you become a Mother.

P.S. I hope the three are now home and trolling all the biggest loser boards and read this one.

Tina30
10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
I watched the show last night and wanted to slap Vicky...I've never seen such a nasty person before. I wanted to reach through the tv though when she was saying she didn't feel the prize of seeing her kids on video was worth it...I believe she said it was a lame prize! I hope when her kids watch this they don't think she is a lame mom...I mean what a jerk. Those 3 though think they run the place...I hope all of them get blown out of the water as far as the game goes...I don't wish any of them to fail though in the weight loss. Just awful people...the show usually lifts me up and makes me want to do better, but last night I just wanted to punch someone!LOL!

lovnmom
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree that the show is very disappointing this year. In the past I've always had to have kleenex throughout, because something empowering always happened for someone. This year's show is like being a fly in a Junior High hall. Just saddening.....This weeks vote clearly showed just how arrogant and naive Heba is...this was her chance to vote against one of the spouses with both Amy's and possibly save her position until the end. Dumb, dumb, dumb. As a mother of four myself I feel for Vicky's children. If she's willing to say something so hurtful on national television imagine the nasty things she must say behind closed doors. Please say a prayer Heba doesn't give birth to a daughter...that'd be one "mean girl" for sure.

sportmom
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
You know, the only thing I can think of is when she said "it wasn't worth getting injured for." Has she had a problem with being injured, or is she the only one who hasn't been injured yet and she's just afraid? Of course, how you would get injured falling into water is beyond me, so I still think it's a lame excuse.

Kelleigh
10-23-2008, 11:56 AM
As they are weighing in, I realized that when I weigh myself I hear the BL scale sound effects in my head.

That deep-low-key-bass-elephant-stomping music as they walk up to the scales drives me nuts! Makes me think I'm watching The Lord of The Ring movies and the orcs are coming!

48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63...101 !

Wtf, what a jerk. I really wanted Amy to just turn around to all of them and just flip em all the bird. Seriously, Heba is so rude and fowl with her "well sorry, YOU married him" bs when talking with Amy about Phil.

*sigh* that show gets me all fussed up sometimes.

Me too! And I'm not the type of person to flip birds, but had Amy done that I'd have jumped for joy.

Vickie always looks like she's got evil up her sleeve.
Poor Heba thinks she's so in control of that game, but I have a feeling Vickie is the puppeteer.

I agree. Vickie is scary.:devil:

Icky Vicky has to go. I wanted to stick my hand through the computer and punch her. She is the biggest loser, but not in a good way.

Me too!

I liked how Coleen was saying that the black team has class and the blue doesn't because they were smack talking the black team during the challenge. Good for her!

I was so proud of Coleen for saying that too!

Icky and Hubba-Bubba are awful trolls. Honestly - are they going to be proud of the way they are coming across? Mark my words, they will be out there on myspace or something whining about how they were edited to look bad. No, trolls, you made yourselves look bad!

If I hear Hubba say one more time "I will be carrying our child", I will hurl. If I hear Icky say one more word... period, I will hurl. Ugh.

I think the producers will change up the game to minimize the alliance - eventually. Right now it is making good drama.

Brady and Icky will never get any Oscars or Emmy awards - they are terrible actors! Brady turning to the scale readout and saying- "I have no idea how that happened" - such bad acting!!!!

I don't watch Survivor because all of the infighting and scheming reminds me too much of work. Now TBL is becoming similar. It makes me sad.

It makes me sad too. But your calling them Icky and Hubba...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes, it may be editing, but for 100% edited evil, you had to be at least 50% evil all of the time for them to catch that much footage. That trio is all about the money, weight loss is just a path to that. Bad attitude at the challenge - what about the rest of your team who cared about winning blue team? Bob must be just miserable putting up with his team.

I truly feel sorry for Bob. But didn't he hand pick his team?

I know that the producers think they have to have drama but if they really knew their audience, they would understand that we don't watch to see the drama of immature and mean people, but to see people succeed at what is so hard to succeed at.

Granted, Phil was a dufus of extreme proportions by pulling Brady aside and trying to get them to save Amy. That only added fuel to their fire. Phil should keep his mouth shut.

Yeah, I like watching the show because I want to see people I can relate to.
People like me, struggling to lose weight, wanting to be healthy and fit and succeeding!

I really don't think Phil did what Brady and Icky:devil:said.

Just awful people...the show usually lifts me up and makes me want to do better, but last night I just wanted to punch someone!LOL!

Me too, Tina. I mean, it's always been a game, but I don't recall ever disliking some of the players as much as I do this season. And I've watched every season. I use to watch and think, "Hey if she can do it, I can do it too. Look how hard she's working, I could do that. Look how much weight they've lost, I could do that."

Do you guys remember the girl from I think it was the very first Season and I think her name was Kelly? She was talking to the camera after she'd been there and worked and lost some weight and she said, "I take my breath away". I just cried and cried when she said that and I wanted that for me.

Icky, Hubba and Brady do not inspire me at all.

MotoMichelle
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Ok I had to Tivo the show and just got to watch it last night. OMG! I'd really just be re-hasing what you guys have covered already, but I can't stand the alliance of Heba/Vicky/Brady! Ugh!

I like Heba in the beginning but each week she got worse and worse. I hope all 3 of them get voted off before the finale.

Poor Amy left on that team. If they do a team vote off again next week and blue loses, she'll be next to go. :(

Bob must be just miserable putting up with his team.

Seriously! Poor Bob.

miriam101
10-25-2008, 02:00 PM
I have my fingers crossed that they'll do a temptation this week and change to doubles - I feel really sorry for Amy C to have to be with the evil trio.

One thing is for sure - Vicky reminds me of JR on Dallas! Someone has to be the villian, except JR was much better looking than Vicky!!!!

kissingginger
10-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Here's a clip for this weeks upcoming episode:

Plus, for the first time ever, a single person's weight loss will beat an entire team's weight-loss number. Will it be Black or Blue? Tune in next Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET to find out!

OMG. I wonder which team?

Cheers,
Ginger

kissingginger
10-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Doh! I just realized....after Brady minimal loss...it's got to be him. He gets a huge number and defeats the other team.

Smiling1
10-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I went over to the official NBC site and Allison Sweeny has a blog. Her blog sort of refers to went down this past week. She mentions something about not knowing what goes on back on the ranch until she watches the show herself. Then she said something like, "I wonder what the contestants think of themselves when they see themselves on t.v.. I wonder if they think if I played the game another way it could have turned out differently. . ." I wonder if that is some sort of foreshadowing of things to come. . .

sportmom
10-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Dee, or anyone, how much did Phil lose last week - like 6? I still think he's got some revenge to dish out and might be taking out all his frustration on some machines with lots of sweat thrown in. Don't think we'll hear him telling Jillian "I can't" this week at all.

dixied
10-28-2008, 09:09 PM
She's Shakespearean? Is that what Bob said? Is there a scene with a troll in Shakespeare?

Much Bob love tonight. I might believe Brady if trollchick would shut up.

Diva
10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
She's Shakespearean? Is that what Bob said? Is there a scene with a troll in Shakespeare?

Much Bob love tonight. I might believe Brady if trollchick would shut up.

Bob is on to them. ;)

dixied
10-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Dee, or anyone, how much did Phil lose last week - like 6? I still think he's got some revenge to dish out and might be taking out all his frustration on some machines with lots of sweat thrown in. Don't think we'll hear him telling Jillian "I can't" this week at all.

I think you're right.

collegegirl09
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I just feel so sorry for Amy, being kind of the neutral member on a team with an agenda...

dixied
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
OMG!!!!

Hubba's statement "He doesn't deserve a quality friend like me". LOL No one deserves that quality of a friend.

And Brady comparing himself to a rooster....more like a chauvanistic pig. Women are NOT barnyard animals.

Poor Bob, poor Amy C, who is quickly being brainwashed or is trying to play so as not to get voted off next.

mxgirl737
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
vicky makes me sick.

dixied
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
That's it Bob, pimp the Extra gum.

Seriously, a piece of gum does not equal a snack. A piece of string cheese would be a better choice.

mxgirl737
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
i chew gum like a crazy person...and it seriously does not take away my craving. Not at all. I wish it did.

dixied
10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Colleen and I now weigh the same.

Isn't it time for them to split up the teams? I think maybe voting Philip off could work for the girls.

Clydegirl
10-29-2008, 01:16 AM
So glad they're not playing as teams next time.

Vicky is a real piece of work.

Loved the part when Phil went home and they renewed their vows.

MotoMichelle
10-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I think Heba said "I'm being the better person here." about 5 times during her rant. Usually the person saying that is not the better person.

I'm glad they'll be all one team the next show. It's time for one of those three to get voted off. Since Heba and Brady are still so large they will be targets.

Kimphin
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Bob is totally on to Icky and Brady. He knows they are liars. And so does everyone else at the ranch.

Heba is a moron - it amazes me when people think they are so above everyone else that they cannot see their own flaws. She's a pain in the keester. I loved it when Colleen just up and walked out. I would have too, or else I would have told her to shut the &*&^ up and move her discussion to another room.

And did anyone think it was annoying when Hubba ran up the steps to hug Brady? It was weird.

hereyago
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Yelling at the TV last night everytime Heba or Icky Vicky grinned or smirked. Begging that the blue team wouldn't lose as much (sorry Bob) so that one of those two crazy chicks would go home.

Just knew that the black team would do terrible after last week and losing the challenge.

Surely Vicky and Heba will be ridiculed in their communities. Would love to hear from someone who is from their home towns and can give us that scoop!

ksk571
10-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Bob is totally on to Icky and Brady. He knows they are liars. And so does everyone else at the ranch.

Heba is a moron - it amazes me when people think they are so above everyone else that they cannot see their own flaws. She's a pain in the keester. I loved it when Colleen just up and walked out. I would have too, or else I would have told her to shut the &*&^ up and move her discussion to another room.

And did anyone think it was annoying when Hubba ran up the steps to hug Brady? It was weird.

I just love Colleen more and more every week!

and yes...weird

sportmom
10-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Icky and Brady are playing the game together and trading off who is water logging and who is TBL and immune for the week. Don't you see it? She only lost 2 (or 3?) lbs??? Come on! NExt week, Brady will water hold, SHE will get the big loss and they will still vote together. And then the next week, switch. Does anyone else see this going on? They're creating a flipflop effect each week to retain themselves on the team and keep their voting block.

Lori Bell
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM

I thought that was totally weird too. And then when Brady went back to take his place, Vicky gave him a quick little peck and he kind-of patted her like he would a pet. They both had weird looks on their faces like it was uncomfortable to touch...hummm what is going on?

This is mean of me to say :devil:, and all personality issues aside, Heba is much prettier than Vicky. Matter of fact, Brady is kind of good looking too. Seriously, Vicky is an unattractive woman. Maybe Brady & Heba are "hookin" up?? :love:

canadianwoman
10-29-2008, 12:49 PM
That's it Bob, pimp the Extra gum.

Seriously, a piece of gum does not equal a snack. A piece of string cheese would be a better choice.

When he was pimping the gum my thought was a cup of green tea would have been a better choice.

I wonder how fast they all spit the gum out after that segment was shot.

canadianwoman
10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Seriously, Vicky is an unattractive woman.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching.

Maybe Brady & Heba are "hookin" up?? :love:

Stranger things have happened so who knows.;)

Of course they might just not be into public displays of affection. I had a bf like that once. He even disliked hugging in public but in private, totally different guy.

Kimphin
10-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Icky and Brady are playing the game together and trading off who is water logging and who is TBL and immune for the week. Don't you see it? She only lost 2 (or 3?) lbs??? Come on! NExt week, Brady will water hold, SHE will get the big loss and they will still vote together. And then the next week, switch. Does anyone else see this going on? They're creating a flipflop effect each week to retain themselves on the team and keep their voting block.

Absolutely! I'm soooo happy that they are going to individuals next week. Now, if everyone else gets a clue and vote as a block against the Icky coven, all will be well!

dixied
10-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Surely Vicky and Heba will be ridiculed in their communities. Would love to hear from someone who is from their home towns and can give us that scoop!

Hubba is from Raleigh, NC, and Icky is from Houma, LA (outside of New Orleans).

If I was Icky I'd question Hubba's need to hug Brady at that weigh-in. You're excited, sure, but I think his wife should have gotten the bigger hug. I'd have had words with DH.

I adore Phil and Amy. I thought their vow renewal was great. I wish DH was half as romantic. His idea of a surprise is to put his laundry away without me having to nag him. :D They inspired me to try on my wedding rings this morning. I can now comfortably wear my wedding band. My engagement ring is still a bit tight.

It's odd that Vivky and Michelle are within 1 pound of each other, and that even though Vicky is 3 inches taller, she looks....lumpier, for lack of a better word. Michelle is going to have some Ali-like muscles by the time Jillian is done with her.

SouthLake
10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I just feel bad for Bob! He's stuck with the Axis of Evil and there's nothing he can do about it. You can tell that he doesn't like/respect Icky (love it!) and Brady, but he's too professional to let it affect how he trains his team. So he's basically stuck helping losers succeed.

And if I saw one more smug grin across her creepy face, I was going to leap through the TV! I just hope the previous black team can get Amy on their side and pick off the others one by one.

junebug41
10-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Maybe it happened before and I never noticed until now, but low quality contestants like Heba (Hubba- hilarious) and Izzy have ruined the show for me. I was so disgusted after last night's episode and I was a little disappointed that the rest of the black team didn't just up and call Heba out for her rudeness for interrupting their dinner like that. She is SO dramatic! I get the impression she's finding some form of acceptance that she never had before so she's regressed back to junior high.

And Vicky is a devil, isn't she? I was horrified at her response of "seeing my kids isn't a good enough reward". Even if she meant something else, she's in bad shape if she can't see how awful that made her look. And who does she think she's fooling? Her husband is an idiot to be manipulated like that.

Hey, maybe next week they will show Heba giving Bob one of those BFF heart necklaces? :devil: I would be so creeped out if I were Bob...

Thank you. It felt good to get that off my chest...

Kimphin
10-29-2008, 04:47 PM
I liked the Phil/Amy vow renewal too. But, correct me if I'm wrong - did he originally propose to her in a mall? (I think that's where they were...) Not the most romantic spot!!