The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 6 - Show Discussion - **SPOILERS**

Pages : 1 [2]

Smiling1
10-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Maybe it happened before and I never noticed until now, but low quality contestants like Heba (Hubba- hilarious) and Izzy have ruined the show for me. I was so disgusted after last night's episode and I was a little disappointed that the rest of the black team didn't just up and call Heba out for her rudeness for interrupting their dinner like that. She is SO dramatic! I get the impression she's finding some form of acceptance that she never had before so she's regressed back to junior high.

And Izzy is a devil, isn't she? I was horrified at her response of "seeing my kids isn't a good enough reward". Even if she meant something else, she's in bad shape if she can't see how awful that made her look. And who does she think she's fooling? Her husband is an idiot to be manipulated like that.

Hey, maybe next week they will show Heba giving Bob one of those BFF heart necklaces? :devil: I would be so creeped out if I were Bob...

Thank you. It felt good to get that off my chest...

Hey, I was really bummed out until I saw the previews. YES! :D

Smiling1
10-29-2008, 04:22 PM
I just feel bad for Bob! He's stuck with the Axis of Evil and there's nothing he can do about it. You can tell that he doesn't like/respect Icky (love it!) and Brady, but he's too professional to let it affect how he trains his team. So he's basically stuck helping losers succeed.

And if I saw one more smug grin across her creepy face, I was going to leap through the TV! I just hope the previous black team can get Amy on their side and pick off the others one by one.

And Icky actually thinks he believes her. :ink:

dixied
10-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I liked the Phil/Amy vow renewal too. But, correct me if I'm wrong - did he originally propose to her in a mall? (I think that's where they were...) Not the most romantic spot!!

I thought it looked like a hotel lobby, or an office building atrium? Of course if it was spur of the moment, it could have been a mall.

lifechange
10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
I agree Brady and Vicky are definitely controlling water etc. I was sure of it last week. Add to it the smirk that comes to her face. How can they lie to Bob- there is no rule against doing these things- be honest.
Re the gum, I was laughing it was so obvious- they are reefing through the cupboards- and he is saying have gum instead. That being said I did eat a whole pack of gum the other day instead of grabbing chocolate.
I also thought the big weight losses for Bob's team came from running 10k prior to the weigh in- they all would have been dehydrated. This will not help them next week. Julian's team was so busy lifting weights- they would be retaining water.
I was disgusted by Hebba, didn't care that she interuppted dinner but grow up. Making such a big deal over nothing, not speaking to phil directly on his own. And then going on and on about how she was the bigger person and has forgiven him- if that were true she wouldn't have been confronting him- she would have let it go because it is part of the game. Re Colleen- all I could think of was she should have taken her dinner with her when she left the room. All that work I wouldn't have left my dinner behind. Boy is her face is really looking thin this week!
I thought it was interesting that Phil voted for Michelle, he must have wanted to go home. He's a smart guy and had to know that it was a wasted vote. What if the other two had voted for Colleen???? Even if you believe it isn't going to happen, there is always a small chance.

sportmom
10-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey everyone - just an alert, the second half of the 1st show is now online, for anyone who was watching online when only the 1st half was posted.

Also, Bob & Jillian and some of the historical contestants are on Oprah tomorrow. There's a clip from Suzy on there about how people pass her on the street and say, "ohhhh....." which makes it sound like she's been struggling after the baby. So set your tivos and dvrs!

vixjean
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Icky and Brady are playing the game together and trading off who is water logging and who is TBL and immune for the week. Don't you see it? She only lost 2 (or 3?) lbs??? Come on! NExt week, Brady will water hold, SHE will get the big loss and they will still vote together. And then the next week, switch. Does anyone else see this going on? They're creating a flipflop effect each week to retain themselves on the team and keep their voting block.

Yes I noticed that but wasn't sure why, I guess either way they have 2 votes and that's why. I hate them, but I am shocked that it took the contestants this many seasons to realize that there is a game to be played.

EZMONEY
10-30-2008, 12:19 AM
........ I was so disgusted after last night's episode and I was a little disappointed that the rest of the black team didn't just up and call Heba out for her rudeness for interrupting their dinner like that. She is SO dramatic! ....

The entire time I was thinking about that Carl's Jr. commercial..."Don't bother me, I'm eating!"

I liked the Phil/Amy vow renewal too. But, correct me if I'm wrong - did he originally propose to her in a mall? (I think that's where they were...) Not the most romantic spot!!

Well....I proposed to both of my wives in the bedroom ;)

Icky and Brady are playing the game together and trading off who is water logging and who is TBL and immune for the week. Don't you see it? She only lost 2 (or 3?) lbs??? Come on! NExt week, Brady will water hold, SHE will get the big loss and they will still vote together. And then the next week, switch. Does anyone else see this going on? They're creating a flipflop effect each week to retain themselves on the team and keep their voting block.

I was thinking the same thing...but how does a guy retain water? I told Angie maybe he drank a ton of water before he weighed in and had salty stuff?...beats me!

sportmom
10-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, EZ, that's exactly how. While most people try to dehydrate themselves before the weigh in, he would have intentionally glugged about a gallon of water. Esp the people who were doing any cardio, they would dehydrate from that, then they wouldn't replenish it. Couple of seasons ago, the contestants admitted after the fact to actually weighing what a gallon of water weighs and then calculating how much water they'd have to drink to still lose some without gaining (which dq's them in some way, I don't remember how). It's all kind of sick but impressive at the same time to know they sat there and calculated their bmr, how much cals they burn, how much they ate, etc., to get so close to the right number.

Smiling1
10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, EZ, that's exactly how. While most people try to dehydrate themselves before the weigh in, he would have intentionally glugged about a gallon of water. Esp the people who were doing any cardio, they would dehydrate from that, then they wouldn't replenish it. Couple of seasons ago, the contestants admitted after the fact to actually weighing what a gallon of water weighs and then calculating how much water they'd have to drink to still lose some without gaining (which dq's them in some way, I don't remember how). It's all kind of sick but impressive at the same time to know they sat there and calculated their bmr, how much cals they burn, how much they ate, etc., to get so close to the right number.

Puleeze, let's not give them too much credit. They are wearing those Body Buggs. That thing probably computes it for them.

p.s. watch Oprah today. Bob and Jillian, along with previous BLs are on.

EZMONEY
10-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Did anyone see Oprah today?

They had some of the past winners on....some (more current winners) are doing well...some past are not.

Ilene
10-31-2008, 09:17 AM

They had some of the past winners on....some (more current winners) are doing well...some past are not.Yes, I wasn't able to see it all though, but I did enjoy what I saw...

dixied
10-31-2008, 11:06 AM

They had some of the past winners on....some (more current winners) are doing well...some past are not.

DH tivo'd it for me. I thought everyone in the studio looked great, even Matt who has put some of the weight back on. And for just having had another baby, Suzy looked great too. I don't expect her to be as thin as she was on the finale after having 2 kids in 3 years. But she's so funny. I think that when Allison goes on maternity leave they should have Suzy stand-in.

junebug41
10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Overall I really liked what I saw. I thought it was interesting that the only "maintainers" were from the most recently completed season and the people from the earlier season were not at their goal weights.

I disagreed with Jillian (as much as I love love love her) on how they shouldn't gain weight upon returning home and not exercising for so many hours a day. Going from working out and dieting as a full time job to trying to incorperate it into your normal daily life (and dealing with the emotional issues of going through an experience like that) I think would cause you to gain *some* weight. Not to mention that science behind the "fat cells" of a formally obese individual making maintenance for difficult...

hereyago
10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
But she's so funny. I think that when Allison goes on maternity leave they should have Suzy stand-in.

What a great idea! It would be nice to have Suzy fill in for Allison.

Did you catch that the women eat 1200 calories per day and are expected to burn 4000 per day while on the ranch? The numbers for the male contestants are 1600 consumed (I think, or it may have been 1800) but must burn 6000 day.

I have worn a Sensewear armband for the last three weeks which is the miniature version of the Bodybugg that the contestants wear on the show. With my sedentary job, I only burn 1400 calories a day. If I workout an hour plus walk at lunch I can do 2100. Or can burn 2100 on a weekend day with no workout.

4000- 6000, WOW even with working out 6 to 7 hours a day.

junebug41
10-31-2008, 01:46 PM
4000- 6000, WOW even with working out 6 to 7 hours a day.

I know. My body hurts just thinking about it.

Ilene
10-31-2008, 05:56 PM
I have worn a Sensewear armband for the last three weeks which is the miniature version of the Bodybugg that the contestants wear on the show. With my sedentary job, I only burn 1400 calories a day. If I workout an hour plus walk at lunch I can do 2100. Or can burn 2100 on a weekend day with no workout.

So, that's what they are wearing on their arm! I thought it was only a heart rate monitor... I'd love one of those thingies too ...

Diva
11-01-2008, 08:56 AM
OMG!!!!

Hubba's statement "He doesn't deserve a quality friend like me". LOL No one deserves that quality of a friend.

And Brady comparing himself to a rooster....more like a chauvanistic pig. Women are NOT barnyard animals.

Poor Bob, poor Amy C, who is quickly being brainwashed or is trying to play so as not to get voted off next.

I could care less about Poor Amy C. I haven't liked her since she sarcastically blew Jillian a kiss when she was kicked out of the GYM. I was over jyed when her Mom was sent home and I'll feel the same way when and if she gets sent home.

I'm thinking there may be more "behind" that story. perhaps it's where they met back in the day??? I enjoyed them too and I hope they continue to do well. I hope they win the @ Home $$.

I disagreed with Jillian (as much as I love love love her) on how they shouldn't gain weight upon returning home and not exercising for so many hours a day. Going from working out and dieting as a full time job to trying to incorperate it into your normal daily life (and dealing with the emotional issues of going through an experience like that) I think would cause you to gain *some* weight. Not to mention that science behind the "fat cells" of a formally obese individual making maintenance for difficult...

I agree.

EZMONEY
11-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I dvr'd Oprah so Angie and I could see it together.

We also got a kick out of Suzy

I told Angie..."This girl needs to have her own show!

She agreed!

cher37
11-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm gonna jump in ....

Hubba & Brady - gotta go - nothing but a bunch of conniving (sp?) backstabbers!

We're watching reruns of Season 2 w. Matt & Suzie - it's interesting seeing the progression of their relationship, knowing what we know now! I didn't know they were on Oprah - shame b/c I would've watched the show.

Diva
11-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm gonna jump in ....

Hubba & Brady - gotta go - nothing but a bunch of conniving (sp?) backstabbers!

We're watching reruns of Season 2 w. Matt & Suzie - it's interesting seeing the progression of their relationship, knowing what we know now! I didn't know they were on Oprah - shame b/c I would've watched the show.

Where are you watching this? I never started watching until season3.

cher37
11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
We started watching re-runs (year-round) about last year, of BL (U.S.) season 1, then BL Australia season 1, now BL (U.S.) season 2 on the "Slice" channel (Canada).

WardHog
11-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I watched all the US ones, and the Aus. ones on youtube. Where can I find the UK ones?

sportmom
11-02-2008, 08:44 AM
This video will make you CRAZY. It's a 10 min preview from the 11/11 show, the challenge. You will go thru a ton of emotions watching this - from wanting to reach thru and grab Icky's face off when she laughs at someone's misfortune to feeling so proud of TJ. Oh yeah, all the old contestants are coming back and fighting for their slot back. Go Stacey!!

http://www.oprah.com/media/20081001_tows_biggestloser

There's no show at all this week bc of the election. :(

cher37
11-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Woo hoo!!! Thanks sooo much for that video!

Yep, how childish to laugh at Phil tripping over the step - Go Stacey Go!!!

zinkemomx2
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
I think that when Allison goes on maternity leave they should have Suzy stand-in.

*Smacks head* :frypan:

I didn't realize Allison was pregnant. I just thought she put on a few pounds. DUH!

miriam101
11-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I sooooooooo hope it was Stacey who won the challenge and not Ed!! But I have to admit - I was impressed at his stick-with-it-ness and determination. Although I would really have liked it to be LT coming back in.

I wonder why Collen's dad wasn;t there.

Rain Dancer
11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Go, Stacey, go!!!!!

I am going to throw something at my TV if Ed wins that challenge. Seriously. He needs to stay gone. And his rude, potty mouthed, control freak, confrontational wifey needs to be the next person to leave. Followed closely by Vicky, then Brady. Those four are evil and must be destroyed.

I was disgusted when Vicky laughed at Phil when he fell. Funny, I didn't see her laughing when Ed stumbled. What a nasty little person she is.

I am so bummed that TBL isn't on, because of the election. Why do they have to have non stop coverage? Just run our shows, and do a crawl every now and then to give us the skinny on what is happening. Cable and network news are taking over. And not for the better, methinks. :mad:

MotoMichelle
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Go Stacey Gooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah I can't wait another week! *pouts*

sportmom
11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Pick up the December Prevention magazine. They put the mom and daughter on the cover. Sadly, Colleen does not look to have lost as much weight as the others. You will be surprised at how well they were able to clean up Icky.

MotoMichelle
11-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know if you can watch the Oprah episode with TBL anywhere on the internet?

cher37
11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
:coach: Hello - o - o ? ! ? ! <echo>

Is there anyone out there? ! ? <echo>

Geesh :dizzy: ... not much on here since no show on last night :stress:

sportmom
11-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi CHer, yeah, we tend to hang out on our red or blue challenge team threads during most of the week and then migrate back here on Tuesday/Wednesdays. Are you in the challenge? Even if not, you are welcome to come hang out and post on the threads for red and blue. That's where all the action is these days. We discuss the show there as well from time to time.

cher37
11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Thx for the info sportmom - no, I'm not on one of the teams (didn't find thread in time), but did start the Nov 30 day shred challenge.

Cheers! Have a good weekend!

/cher

hereyago
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks Sportmom for the link to tomorrow's teaser. Loved it and just what I needed today.

I am going to go crazy if Ed wins the step challenge. I cannot stand that foursome - Icky, Brady, Hubba, and Ed.

What about Phil? He was doing great!

Love LT encouraging Stacey...please, please, please let her win. I analyze and pick apart the interviews because those are done after the challenge and then edited to not give away what happened. Stacey sure looked happy in her interview...say it is so!

Love Tuesdays!

Jen415
11-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Love LT encouraging Stacey...please, please, please let her win.

Amen! I agree with this--anyone but ED!!!

Ya know, I really liked Ed--it's his hateful wife that I cannot stand. I hated the way she was screaming at him!

MotoMichelle
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Me too. I didn't mind Ed at all. His wife has got to go!

dixied
11-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I really hate Icky. What a witch. Phil wouldn't be a good role model as the Biggest Loser? Like she would?

mxgirl737
11-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Vicky is really horrible. I don't understand why she goes on and on about Phil...

Her comments are quite rude and very, very disgusting. It's really ruining the show for me. It's no longer very inspirational. It doesn't make me want to work out like it used to. This season, aside from Phil, Amy, colleen, the mom and dad, tom and LT...they're just not doing it for me :(

I don't know why the show is letting them say stuff like that. It's horrible.

Phil shows a lot of heart... The show isn't edited to make him look bad...so I wonder if something happened behind the scenes? I totally don't get why they would say those sort of things about him, even if they do feel threatened. I know if I was there at the ranch, the hostility wouldn't help me lose weight at all.

wrdfrog
11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey, I haven't seen this season from the very beginning. Why does the blue team dislike Phil so much? I was just turned off by the blue team's attitude.

dixied
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't have anything against gameplay, but what the unholy triumverate of Icky-Hubba-Bubba have done to Phil, and by extension Amy, is just unbelievable to me. I truely hope that their family and friends let them know that they were way out of line and out of control. I hope someone gets them some professional help. I think if they do lose all the weight they will be the type to gain it back, because they haven't invested the emotional work. Phil and Amy on the other hand, seem to really have made life changes that will last.

Okay, the challenge is over....I'm officially turning this season off. And tomorrow I'm starting a letter writing campaign to all the BL sponsors to tell the that evil is not cool, that they've lost a customer forever....like I buy that crap anyway. ;)

junebug41
11-11-2008, 09:05 PM
How come no one has called this piece of trash out!?!

Let me on that ranch!!!!

sportmom
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I think the show is trying to gain control over the blue - that's why they went to singles this week. They're breaking up the voting alliance. From now on it's just whoever falls below the yellow line - at least that's what they said........ Will they do one below the yellow line, or two people? I HOPE there's not voting....ugh!

Poor Stacey having to read her bible to escape the horrible environment while crying .......that is just really upsetting.

Umm, and where was the banana in that chocolate fudge sundae in the pimp-a-meal segment??

Diva
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't have anything against gameplay, but what the unholy triumverate of Icky-Hubba-Bubba have done to Phil, and by extension Amy, is just unbelievable to me. I truely hope that their family and friends let them know that they were way out of line and out of control. I hope someone gets them some professional help. I think if they do lose all the weight they will be the type to gain it back, because they haven't invested the emotional work. Phil and Amy on the other hand, seem to really have made life changes that will last.

Okay, the challenge is over....I'm officially turning this season off. And tomorrow I'm starting a letter writing campaign to all the BL sponsors to tell the that evil is not cool, that they've lost a customer forever....like I buy that crap anyway. ;)

They are VERY close to losing this viewer as well. I think the bLue Team are disgusting, classless people.

sportmom
11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Ohhhhh nooooo, 2 spots below the yellow line. The vote. A dreaded vote.

oh well, at least Colleen is safe! Yea!

sportmom
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
YESSS!!! AMY - such a good girl! Mwah! Poor AMy's going to have to take the brunt of Icky next week but hopefully the black team will embrace her. She is such a strong girl - that was very hard to put herself out there as a target. What a winner!

Even my 7 yo who watches with me said, Why did Brady marry Vicky????

At least he cares about seeing his kids, unlike their demented mom. When she said they'd better bring a psych doc on board if Phil came back, I thought it was real interesting how she knew the slang term for that, as if she had been in the psych world a time or 2 before.

mxgirl737
11-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I think Brady seems like a good guy...I'm sad he had to marry vickey :(

wrdfrog
11-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I was very pleased by this turn of events as well and I haven't even been following along! XD

vixjean
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
i love that vicky, the most cocky of all, will now get a reality check. It will now be 4 vs 3 and Vicki will be picked off - LOL! I love how amy finally switched, I was really hoping she would.

cher37
11-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm with you DixieD ... my hubby said that he wants to ban the BL sponsors, as SportMom calls it a "pimp-a-meal" segment!! LOL!!

Oh yeah, & I agree w. SportMom re: Phil caring about seeing his kids ... may I remind people that Icky didn't even care about winning the challenge where they would win videos from home! :o

Well ladies, now it's 4 against 4 ... lets face it, Amy's days are numbered now, so she might as well continue working her butt off!

This has GOT to be the worst season yet, we almost don't want to finish watching it but it's almost like a train wreck - curiosity is getting the worst of me so I'm going to go google comments/complaints on this season of BL.

MotoMichelle
11-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Gooo Amy!!!

What a smart girl and brave! Vicky will try to tear her up next week but I'm sure the black team will embrace her completely.

WTG Amy!! :bravo::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::bravo:

Kelleigh
11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
:love: AMY :love:

I am so proud of Amy! I was hoping when they showed that little snip of Amy and her Mom at Subway and her Mom was hinting at something...I was hoping that something was, "Girl you're with scum-get away ASAP!".

Also, did anyone see Hubba wink at Icky when Brady weighed in? I think he and Icky were still water logging. I mean come on! She's at the very top in weight loss for the week and he's at the very bottom? Coincidence? I think not!

I'm glad I toughed it out after Ed won. I was really ready to turn this season off too. And if sweet Amy hadn't voted off Brady I would of.

:cheer2:AMY:cheer2:

vixjean
11-11-2008, 10:48 PM
cher37 - let us know if you find anything good on the web

vixjean
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
At least Ed has a personality rather than brady, Ed is actually funny - but they didn't really show that on tonight's episode. I was so hoping Stacy would kick his *** though.
Poor Brady, he honestly has to tell his wife how to act. He has tried to correct her a few times on how mean she is. I wonder if she knows how much everyone hates her and heba

junebug41
11-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Well, *maybe* this will take a little wind out of Vicky's sails.

BIG maybe.

I had no idea Amy had it in her to break from the pack. Her days were numbered no matter what she did. Can anyone blame her? She was on a team with 2 married couples (awful ones at that)!

junebug41
11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh, and after Bob told Heba to shut her mouth, I don't think he's in the running to be her BFF anymore ;)

vixjean
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
When did bob say that to her??? - I so missed that!

I guess next week Vicky writes Amy a nasty note about revenge!!! LOL, that should be fun to watch.

cher37
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
ok ladies - I'll make this short ... if you want to ... look-up on the nbc website, under boards - lots of comments similar to the ones here - hopefully NBC will act on them, pull-up their socks & start screening the contestants more carefully for season 7 (& edit the content better, not so much focus on negative comments, snide remarks, & eye-winking)!

... cher

Hun.e.B
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Is there an I hate Vicki club because I'd like to join! I cannot believe what a truly ugly person she is. It just disgusts me that she has been allowed time on this show when someone so much more deserving could have gotten a chance.

In my eye, the only reason she hates Phil so much is she is so intimidated by him. Phil and Amy are good people! I hope they know her crap doesnt matter!

Dont they do psychological testing on these people...next week Vicki is going to be a nightmare. The revenge list...yeah psycho much?

djay
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Amy and Colleen were the only singles left...It was a smart move to get rid of a couple and try to couple up with Colleen.

junebug41
11-11-2008, 11:11 PM
When did bob say that to her??? - I so missed that!

It was Ed's first workout back and Heba kept interrupting Bob while he was training with him. I think it's the closest to "mad" I have ever seen Bob get and it was more snippy and to the point than anything.

Cher- they definitely don't mince words over at that board!

sportmom
11-11-2008, 11:22 PM
SADLY, Icky and Heba are JUST want NBC wants. They (and all reality) purposely pick some edgy psycho people in hopes that things get "good." Admit it, we were all talking about how sleepy and boring the show was up until this point. But, it wasn't all the snide comments that made it good tonite - it was the TRUE competition at the challenge, the emotions, the underdog winning. It was more like season 2 and 3 again. The nastiness does not make the show good cuz we've had that the last few weeks. It was the resurgence of good people back onto the show, however brief.

djay
11-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Good point spotmom. Everyone is talking!

On the upside...It is a prety safe bet that Icky and Heba will not be the winners...No one would edit their winner to look that bad...I think they are setting up a story line for the finale that pits Ickey and Phil as the last two to weigh in...With Phil (good) tirumphing over evil (ickey)
JMO

cher37
11-11-2008, 11:36 PM
On the upside...It is a prety safe bet that Icky and Heba will not be the winners...No one would edit their winner to look that bad...I think they are setting up a story line for the finale that pits Ickey and Phil as the last two to weigh in...With Phil (good) tirumphing over evil (ickey)
JMO

...good point to ponder djay! ... on that positive note :D - good night ladies!

ProvGirl29
11-11-2008, 11:52 PM
What a show tonight... I am soooo sick of the icky vicky club... and am so glad Brady got booted.... Now vicky feels threatened and knows she will be next... Its 4 against 3 now baby... and the tables have turned.... Whats that word called... oh yeah KARMA baby.... treat people like ****, and it will come back to you 20 fold... I feel bad for amy for next week.. but she will rise above the psychos... and the black team will take her in... I have faith in them.... ok, enough from me...

Good night,

-Jessica
(Go Patriots)

iwmonn
11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
I just knew Amy would come thru!! And I'm so happy she did. I believe icky will be gone soon. LOL DH thought I was nuts bouncing in my seat and clapping. (Even tho he was grinning ear to ear too)... OH and wasn't seeing Allie wonderful!?!?!?!

Just a note about the NBC site... it's great. Lots of comments... 51 pages on tonites episode right now!!! I've followed there for a few seasons. If you decide to comment just be careful what you say They moderate that site heavily and DO delete and edit comments frequently-------- "I've been there - done that ". So, read their rules and cool off before you post lol..... It's frustrating to put your thinking out there and then have it stripped because it didn't read like you thought it. (or you just had a mean post?)

HVEECK
11-12-2008, 02:09 AM
I LOVE AMY!!!!! I was so bummed when Ed won the challenge. Now that icky was put in her place, its hubba bubba's turn!! those two witches make my blood boil. My DH thought i was nuts too. screaming at the tv. LOL
Im sure the black team will take amy in. That was the smartest thing she could have done because you know those evil people would vote her off in a second!

hereyago
11-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I couldn't break away last night to type this. I had watched the prelim video on Oprah, and had convinced myself that Stacey was rejoining them at the ranch.

Ed and Stacey were so close with 30 steps to go (she was within 4 steps of Ed) then all of the sudden she was 17 behind. My daughter and I snapped off the TV to run an errand and were considering not watching the last hour last night.

However, we came to our senses and were dancing around the living room at the end.

AMY...wow!!! She absolutely did the right thing to boot off one of the big guys although she has a huge target on her back.

I speculated that Vicky and Brady were trading off weeks awhile back, and I wonder if that will ever come back. The look on Vicky's face was priceless when Amy revealed her choice.

I am wondering if during "her" win weeks if Vicky is working out more than the others because we all know how difficult it is for the female body to lose weight. Then we did see a glimpse of her working out by herself in next week's preview.

Love Bob, and am wondering how he is going to react to Amy voting Brady off. Hope he "gets it". I think so, but he gets upset about voting off same team members.

Go Amy, Colleen, Michelle and Renee!

Hope Phil or his wife win the at-home challenge!

Hun.e.B
11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Dont you think its kinda weird for Ed to have only lost 4 lbs when everyone else was pulling over twice as much? I know its his first week back but still, you'd think he'd have been up there with em.

KimL1214
11-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I was so proud of AMY!!!

dixied
11-12-2008, 10:11 AM
I was so depressed about Michelle being below the yellow line that I turned the TV off and went to bed....guess I'll have to watch the show again on tivo to see Amy's return to sanity. I think the lunch with Shellay had a lot to do with her decision, although she has looked somewhat uncomfortable during some of the confrontations.

sportmom
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Dont you think its kinda weird for Ed to have only lost 4 lbs when everyone else was pulling over twice as much? I know its his first week back but still, you'd think he'd have been up there with em.

Yes, but I couldn't be sure he had the full amount of time as the others. Was it 4 lbs from when they weighed them on that day all the home people returned? I wasn't sure it was the same amount of time as when the ranch people were weighed. Unless they brought the home people back the same day as the last weigh in. I guess there are just some things we'll never know.

Like where the banana was in the Jello banana fudge sundae.

hereyago
11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
ok ladies - I'll make this short ... if you want to ... look-up on the nbc website, under boards - lots of comments similar to the ones here - hopefully NBC will act on them, pull-up their socks & start screening the contestants more carefully for season 7 (& edit the content better, not so much focus on negative comments, snide remarks, & eye-winking)!

... cher

Wow...Thanks for posting this. Just spent a few minutes cruising that board. 58 pages of people venting about the Apple Fritter Gang (Heba, Vicky and Brady - not sure why they were named that. Must have been an earlier thread) during last night's episode.

Someone posted Vicky's myspace website address: www.myspace.com/biggestloservicky

I can't go to myspace at work, but plan to as soon as I get home

julie99s
11-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I am washing my hands of this season. At least until vicky and heba are gone. The hatefulness of the show now is not inspirational. This is not what it's supposed to be, and I don't care to watch.

PS she must (or someone must) approve comments on her myspace... they're all positive.

Jennie527
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Im sure the black team will take amy in. That was the smartest thing she could have done because you know those evil people would vote her off in a second!
Of course they would vote her off! They have even said that it would be "the four of them at the finally". Poor Amy was the fifth wheel. If it had been her vs. one of them, she would have been gone in a second. Now at least she has a chance if the black team can manage to get a blue person below the yellow line every week.

Jessiebear
11-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I am so glad to finally have found a place where I can express my feelings about this show. I have been a BL fanatic since the begining, and am so disappointed in this season. i can't believe they would let such hatred go on in the house. I can't stand Heba or Vicky, and I haave hated them since the begining. I cheered so loud last night when Amy did the right thing, but am afraid of what vicky is going to do to her! I say Vicky goes next...she and heba both pulled high numbers this week so I am hoping for really low numbers this week!!! Here's to hoping!!!!!!

L144S
11-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I too am am fan of the show and with luck Amy will move to black and then either heba or Vicky will go home.

I was so embarressed for the returning teams when vicky made the comment back to Phil last night that V should appologise to his wife as she was crying and uoset about the comments made in the WI room and v said something like "why, I didn't say anything to her" I think she just does not get it and it make me wonder how she really feels about others including her family. I don't think she has been particularly kind to her own husband either. The sad part is that she may loose weight for the show but she will never keep it off. Part of the change is to change the things about you that made you fat and changing your thought and how you see yourelf in relation to others is certainly part of it too. given the hate and self haterd in the gym and around the ranch, I don't see any change in her and After 8 weeks it looks as if her only goal is to win the money.

As for Ed, I think with the immunity this week he did a little water logging. That way next week he can show a bigger loss and stay in the game. I hope that it pushes either Vicky or Heba or both below the line...

Rain Dancer
11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Umm, and where was the banana in that chocolate fudge sundae in the pimp-a-meal segment??

:cp::rofl: You are too funny.

Those pimp-a-meal segments are so, laughably, embarrassingly fakaloo and obvious. I wonder how much Bob and Jillian and the contestants love to do them. :devil::lol:

I think that the pudding was banana and fudge flavour??

I see that the Evil Four were up to their old tricks. Knowing that nothing could happen to Ed, they had him pull a low number, so that he can blast out a big one, next week. I am hoping against hope that Heba and Vicki have really, really bad numbers, next week. I would love to see both fall below that yellow line. And they need to be the next two out the door. I am tired of their rude, nasty, inappropriate behaviour. The drama and the hatefulness they cause and spew is way beyond the pale.

I was so disappointed that Ed won that challenge. I have to hand it to Stacey, she really pulled it out there and almost beat him. I would have loved to see the expression on Heba's face if she had. Good for Amy, voting Brady out. That takes a little of the smug out of the Core Four. I think that she finally realised that once they were down to five or if one of The Four and she fell below, they would have turned on her like a pack of rabid dogs and it would have been her arse headed out the door.

I am also really dismayed at the behaviour of some of the contestants, this season. There have been arrogant arses and some game play in the past, but nothing like we are seeing this time around.

Rain Dancer
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
www.myspace.com/biggestloservicky (http://www.myspace.com/biggestloservicky)

I just checked it out. (First time I have ever been to My Space.) She must really moderate comments before they are posted. I find it hard to believe that all comments left are so lovely and glowing.

ennay
11-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Love Bob, and am wondering how he is going to react to Amy voting Brady off. Hope he "gets it". I think so, but he gets upset about voting off same team members.

I dont think Bob likes Vicky anyway. Just wish it was her instead of Brady.
:carrot:
I was so glad that Amy voted smartly.

Smiling1
11-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey. Here is what I am thinking. NBC is going out of their way to show what are creeper Vicky is. Also Heba. She is annoying and has a bigmouth.

Rain Dancer
11-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Did anyone else think that the step challenge was unfair? All steps were the exact same height, yet shorter contestants had to work all that much harder to win. Stacey is much smaller than Ed. And his steps were smaller and easier, because of that. Stacey was only a few steps behind Ed at the end. Had the steps been adjusted to each contestant's height, I believe that Stacey would have won.

Or am I just crazy? :D

Catsgetnhealthy
11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
So glad Amy voted the way she did!!! Vicky is going to go all psycho on her now though.

dixied
11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Did anyone else think that the step challenge was unfair? All steps were the exact same height, yet shorter contestants had to work all that much harder to win. Stacey is much smaller than Ed. And his steps were smaller and easier, because of that. Stacey was only a few steps behind Ed at the end. Had the steps been adjusted to each contestant's height, I believe that Stacey would have won.

Or am I just crazy? :D

Nope, I think a lot of their challenges are geared toward a certain contestant. Remember the season with Bill/Julie/Holly/Isabeau? They had a trampoline challenge where they had to jump on the trampoline and hit a boxing bag. Julie was a lot shorter than the rest of them, but it wasn't adjusted for height. As a short person we are screwed over a lot in challenges, as I'm reminded every time I enter a 5K with my 5-inch taller co-worker who leaves me in the dust. ;)

dixied
11-12-2008, 05:26 PM
So glad Amy voted the way she did!!! Vicky is going to go all psycho on her now though.

At what point will Jillian go off on Icky and Hubba the way she did on Neil in Season 4 or 5? Remember that scene in the dining room, her yelling at him about smirking?

Anyone want to place bets?

hereyago
11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I just checked it out. (First time I have ever been to My Space.) She must really moderate comments before they are posted. I find it hard to believe that all comments left are so lovely and glowing.

I don't use myspace but my kids do. I found Amy P's myspace page with the help of my daughter. And if you scroll all the way down to her friends you will see Bob and at least a dozen other Biggest Loser contestants. click on their picture and you will go to their myspace page. Ed and Heba are there (are you kidding me???), Brady, Vicky, Ali, Michelle, Colleen and others. Of course they all have blogs and maybe we can read and get some insight.

Amy P's site is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=67252176 Lots of red and hearts which make it a little difficult to read.

Based on what I have read on the internet today, Vicky and crew have no fans. However, as Rain Dancer said - she must review and approve notes to her because she was getting smacked around pretty hard on the NBC board. People were going to cover her up postings on her myspace page letting her know that they weren't supportive. But lo and behold, none of those are there. Now Hmmmmm......

L144S
11-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I would also guess that they have a private page too. I would also guess that NBC ask them to have a myspace page and they migh have to agree to all be friends as to not raise eyebrows. That does not mean that one has to post as a friend.

I am also not supprised that with the number of viewers, I have also been reading the NBC pages and other sites and she is getting hammered that she would have to approve all postings. AND based on the number of viewers and posters on other boards to have only 3 new post in the last 24 hours says a lot too....

Kelleigh
11-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Have you guys read the comment by BOB on ICKY's myspace page???

I don't know if I am allowed to quote it here or not, but he's basically defending Icky IMO.

Why?:?:

sportmom
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Read Vicky's blog - it sheds light.

junebug41
11-13-2008, 12:02 AM
I dont think Bob likes Vicky anyway. Just wish it was her instead of Brady.
:carrot:
I was so glad that Amy voted smartly.
Well, HELLOOOOOOOOO!

Read Vicky's blog - it sheds light.
Honestly, I doubt very much that she has much to do with maintaining that myspace. I'm sure she has her own, but I think that is very much NBC's "page". I'm sure she doesn't write those blogs.

HVEECK
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I agree that the myspace pages are not going to reflect people's true reactions. they are definetely pre approved. otherwise, vicky and hebba's pages would be full of hate mail and hate comments, lol
they dont deserve to be on the biggest loser!

Kimphin
11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree that the MySpace pages have a lot of NBC input. I would BET that neither Phil or Amy would choose to be a friend, nor would Vicky accept them.

As I've said before - Icky/Hubba will be whining at the end of this that they were edited to look bad, but they can only edit what you give them. These two are classless, tactless morons. When Icky actually said out loud, in front of everyone that she would be glad to see anyone but Phil back on the show, I was stunned at her trashiness. You are all correct, she will never keep the weight off - her insides are too ugly.

During the step challenge I had to mute the TV - because Hubba's voice was WORSE than nails on a chalkboard!

Rain Dancer
11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Nope, I think a lot of their challenges are geared toward a certain contestant. Remember the season with Bill/Julie/Holly/Isabeau? They had a trampoline challenge where they had to jump on the trampoline and hit a boxing bag. Julie was a lot shorter than the rest of them, but it wasn't adjusted for height. As a short person we are screwed over a lot in challenges, as I'm reminded every time I enter a 5K with my 5-inch taller co-worker who leaves me in the dust. ;)

I do remember that challenge. And I remember thinking at the time that the height of that equipment should have been adjusted for the height of each contestant.

I am all for fairness and an even playing field. But, let's face it, no matter their individual physical condition, a 5' 2" woman is not going to prevail against a 6' 2" man. It is simply not possible. And not fair.

Rain Dancer
11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
At what point will Jillian go off on Icky and Hubba the way she did on Neil in Season 4 or 5? Remember that scene in the dining room, her yelling at him about smirking?

Anyone want to place bets?

No thanks... I don't like to lose. ;) Watching Jillian get medieval on those two would be good TV, indeed.

I read Vickey's My Space blog for this last episode. And I wasn't impressed. If she wrote the entire thing, I'll eat my cat. All it was was a lot of waaahh, waaahhh, poor widdle Blue Team getting picked on by Big, Bad Phil. And the comment about the Black Team water loading... Why would they do that? The last thing they wanted or needed was to lose Phil. So why make it happen?

I notice on that My Space Page that the person she would like to meet is any Biggest Loser fan, wants to be an inspiration, and so and and so forth. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't read true. NBC staffers must have a blast setting up those pages. And I think that they are the ones who friend all the contestants with everyone else. Because I just can't see Amy and Phil friending her on their own. Seriously...

Diva
11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
No thanks... I don't like to lose. ;) Watching Jillian get medieval on those two would be good TV, indeed.

I read Vickey's My Space blog for this last episode. And I wasn't impressed. If she wrote the entire thing, I'll eat my cat. All it was was a lot of waaahh, waaahhh, poor widdle Blue Team getting picked on by Big, Bad Phil. And the comment about the Black Team water loading... Why would they do that? The last thing they wanted or needed was to lose Phil. So why make it happen?

I notice on that My Space Page that the person she would like to meet is any Biggest Loser fan, wants to be an inspiration, and so and and so forth. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't read true. NBC staffers must have a blast setting up those pages. And I think that they are the ones who friend all the contestants with everyone else. Because I just can't see Amy and Phil friending her on their own. Seriously...

Word.

Smiling1
11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Re: the Myspace pages. I agree that someone must be helping Vicky with writing the blog, but there are is still lots of negativity coming through. Especially the part where she goes off on AmyC. Some of the contestants have private pages. The kid from Mass, is private, and boy do I wish I could read what he writes there. :D

julie99s
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Word.

To yo brotha.

Sorry, couldn't resist... I say that to my boyfriend all the time lol.

I wish this show was as inspirational as it used to be. I think I could get as much inspiration from celebrity fit club. Ick.

Hun.e.B
11-13-2008, 08:15 PM
see we always says word to ya motha! So when my dd was about 2 or 3 my dh would say "word ta ya motha" and my dd would say "word to your mudder daddy!" LOL!!

JoyfulVegGirl
11-13-2008, 10:19 PM
This is my first season watching but I was thinking about watching a previous season in between episodes. Does anyone have any recommendation as to which season has been the best?

Just saw episode 8 tonight. WooHoo, go Amy!! :cool: I was SO mad when Ed won. For the past couple of weeks I have been so sure Stacy would win. Oh well, it was worth it to see Amy turn on them. I knew it would happen, but wasn't sure if it would be this soon.

And Re: Vicky's myspace, she mentioned that - Brady and Michelle each stated their reasons for wanting to stay but I thought Brady did a really crappy job with his speech. He said more about being o.k. with going home than with fighting to stay. As the votes went around I saw it in Amy's eyes before she actually showed her vote. I knew it was going to be Brady. I felt this sick feeling, I wanted to cry, scream, and vomit all at the same time but I used every ounce of everything I had to not give it to them.

At first I thought, hmmm, it sounds like her to be blaming her husband for being voted off. And no one likes to talk more about vomit or psych wards than Vicky! :p But then I read the bit about sugar-free jell-o. Definitely fake.

sportmom
11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
My vote is that SEASON TWO was the best. My all time favorite contestant, Suzy. And just plain fun to watch now that we know what happens between Suzy and Matt. First waterlogging incident, Suzy gives Matt his big makeover, it's awesome!

RangerChic
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM

The myspace pages are made by each contestant. I've spoken to some of them in person and on their myspace, so they are one and the same. What I do think is, that they befriend each other during the season, friend or not and then change things later if they want to.

RangerChic
11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
My vote is that SEASON TWO was the best. My all time favorite contestant, Suzy. And just plain fun to watch now that we know what happens between Suzy and Matt. First waterlogging incident, Suzy gives Matt his big makeover, it's awesome!

Suzy is awesome. Met her at the Million Pound Challenge event and she really is a sweetie.
As far as the best season, season two is one of my favs followed by last season with Ali and co.

miriam101
11-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I am SOOOOO super-proud of Amy!! Wow - that took a TON of guts to up against the Evil 4! She looked like such a naive, trusting member of that rotten blue team, although she sure would have been voted off at the first chance they got! I hope she can withstand all the back-stabbing chatted that will be flung at her this week, although everyone seems to have forgotten the first back-stabbing incident of the season: orange (Ed&Hubba) voting off the gray team.
Bob is usually ruthless about teammates voting each other off - even at singles, but I hope he doesn't make Amy miserable for it. She's a reallllll trooper! Go, Black+Amy - Go!!!

Diva
11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
To yo brotha.

Sorry, couldn't resist... I say that to my boyfriend all the time lol.

I wish this show was as inspirational as it used to be. I think I could get as much inspiration from celebrity fit club. Ick.

If you get the Style network, they have a show on called Ruby. it comes on Sunday's at 8 p.m. I find this show very inspirational. Check out the site HERE! (http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp)

sportmom
11-15-2008, 09:24 PM
LOVE< LOVE> LOVE RUBY! I feel like I could just spend a few days talking to her! What a delightful woman. ANd you can already tell she's going to just be stunning when her faces returns to its former glory. Her friends seem really fun too; love that little fitchick from LA.

Hun.e.B
11-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I love Ruby!! I so want to be her friend!! What a fantastic woman she is! She's doing so great too!!

Diva
11-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I love Ruby too! Maybe we should start a Ruby thread! lol

prettycitygirl
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Why haven’t I seen this thread before?!

OMG, I am so upset with TBL!

I have been a rabid fan since season one – watching religiously, as many of you, for the hope, inspiration and the remarkable positive changes it brings to the lives of the contestants and those of us viewers who were motivated to join in!

I have been thoroughly disgusted this season though, with the contestants, their laziness and the ugliness that is going down at that ranch. Many of us would give ANYTHING for the opportunity these folks have, and for them to care more about ripping each other apart and humiliating their playmates is down right pathetic.

I thought I was the only person feeling disgusted by the blue team’s antics (I SO loathe Vicky and Hebba). I knew something was askew when Vicky said several episodes back that she cared more about the money then changing her life, but OMG, after watching last week, I was so infuriated that I told myself that I would no longer watch the show while those two women, Vicky and Hebba, are on the show. They totally bring TBL down to a low level, and I for one, will not support such a show.

COME ON, NBC! TBL use to be so inspirational – it has kept me going in my journey, losing 25lbs so far! Last season was awesome! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ali!

If the show is going down this “reality TV” path of drama, count me out as a fan/viewer.

Will the real BL please stand-up and inspire us?

mommamurray
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
i LOVE YOU GUYS.. I too was happy to see a blue member go..wish is was Vicky.. I do think she was playing everyone.. poor heba... I have a feeling Heba goes far.. when Ed was voted off the first time they did that what do they look like now spot.. he was much thinner than he was the other night and he said when Heba comes home... I think she has the most to lose of the ladies( and for some of them I use that term losely) I think she may stick around for awhile. I have seen some after pictures of Michelle, Renee, Colleen, Brady and Vicky but not of Amy and Heba.. could that be a hint?? I cant wait for tomorrow..I am rooting for any member of the Black team.. but I have a feeling that Colleen may have reached the end.. she is lookin good and doesnt have as far to go.. or maybe Renee.. those of us with some age on us know its harder the older you get. Cant wait to find out!!

mommamurray
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I mean I am rooting for the Black team to win..
Just had to make that clear..

RangerChic
11-18-2008, 08:49 AM
There are some pictures in the new Prevention magazine. They show Michelle, Renee, Coleen and Vicky & Brady. Honestly, they all look pretty good. No sign of Heba, Ed, or Amy C. though.

mommamurray
11-18-2008, 09:21 AM
I am wondering if they are the final three

hereyago
11-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Alright...getting psyched up for tonight's show. I am sure I will be yelling at the TV again.

I just can't wait to hear any reaction from the evil foursome's neighbors and hometowns once they returned. I am sure that is being squelched now, but eventually we should hear something.

Go Colleen, Michelle, Renee, and Amy C!
At home Go Phil, Amy P, and Stacey

mommamurray
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I know one thing.. Vicky has inspired me.. in a way.. I dont want her looking better than me lol so I am steppin it up a bit!

sportmom
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM
LOL Momma! Use her however you can!!

mommamurray
11-18-2008, 01:50 PM
and I will be making faces at her during the show.. and rolling my eyes

Kimphin
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Excellent!

Kelleigh
11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
I am wondering if they are the final three

Goodness NO! I hope not. I don't like Hubba and Ed having that much of a chance of winning. {shudders}

WardHog
11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I can't wait for tonight's show. Is it a bad sign that TBL on Tuesday night is one of the highlights of my week? ;)

sportmom
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, me too, sadly. It's like the only show I can actually remember to watch.

Rain Dancer
11-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I am also looking forward to TBL. I am hoping to see Vickey, Heba or Ed leave. If either one of those three end up in the final I am going to be sadly disappointed. IMO, none of them have earned it, no matter how much weight they drop.

sportmom
11-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Oh no, could it be???? All of our prayers answered??? Amy will do the right thing - she HAS to! This might be her only chance to break up the triangle!!

Anyone else notice how quiet, meek, and mouselike Heba was this week? Girl knows the score and is trying to fly below the radar. Black can just keep ticking them off week by week after this.

sportmom
11-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh my GOOOOODDDDD

I am SCREAMING right now.

Foolish, foolish girl. UGH

BFF w/Vickie for life now. UGH

Mom2QJandT
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I am so, so, so disappointed in Amy C. I thought we were finally rid of Vicky!

RangerChic
11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I am really disappointed in how Amy voted. That REALLY sucks. On the good side of things, Coleen looks amazing now!

junebug41
11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, that was a fun season...

I don't think I can bring myself to finish it. :(

futuresize6
11-19-2008, 12:31 AM
I agree with the theory that Ed, Heba, and Amy are the final three since they are not even mentioned in the Prevention Mag article. They must have to be "under wraps" to have a huge finale.
Now I'm disappointed that I figured it out as well. I hope Amy blows away Ed/Heba.
Anybody wonder if there is an allliance among Amy/Ed/Heba?
This season makes me miss the Seth/Suzy/Matt trio a few yrs ago-now they all really enjoyed each other's company(beside the obvious 2 in love that is)
Remembering simpler times...

RangerChic
11-19-2008, 07:45 AM
At this point, if it's Amy/Heba/Ed as the final three, I'm rooting for Amy. As far as the at home winner, I'd love to see Coleen or Michelle take it (guessing she's going home before the final three). I know we just had our first female winner last season, but it would be great to have another female this season.

hereyago
11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Did anyone else see the weigh-in board/screen for next week's episode? We recorded the show last night on the DVR and when we got to the end where they were showing a preview of next week's episode, my husband yelled go back go back!

After several attempts of going forward and backward, we were able to pause on the frame where they showed the board after 4 of the 6 contestants had weighed in with two remaining.

Don't want to spoil it here so if you want to know, send me a private message unless several people respond with putting it up for all to read.

I saw who was in 1st through 4th place, with the two that were left to weigh in. All we can deduce from that is who is safe next week and who might fall below the yellow line.

Can't believe NBC didn't catch this error given all the DVR and Tivo technology that is out there.

cher37
11-19-2008, 09:29 AM
...well, this was Amy's one & only chance IMO to get rid of Vicky and SHE BLEW IT!!

I hate to say this, but, b/c Vicky is so damned determined, stubborn & hard nosed, so just might make it! UGH!!!!

I would l-o-v-e to see the mother-daughter duo make it to the finals, they're such a class act!

...just my 2 cents worth...

MotoMichelle
11-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Did anyone else see the weigh-in board/screen for next week's episode? We recorded the show last night on the DVR and when we got to the end where they were showing a preview of next week's episode, my husband yelled go back go back!

After several attempts of going forward and backward, we were able to pause on the frame where they showed the board after 4 of the 6 contestants had weighed in with two remaining.

Don't want to spoil it here so if you want to know, send me a private message unless several people respond with putting it up for all to read.

I saw who was in 1st through 4th place, with the two that were left to weigh in. All we can deduce from that is who is safe next week and who might fall below the yellow line.

Can't believe NBC didn't catch this error given all the DVR and Tivo technology that is out there.

I noticed it immediately too! I can't believe they didn't catch that.

We have DVR and could have hit rewind to look but I didn't want to. I'd rather wait and find out next week. Still shocked that they didn't catch that mistake.

I'm disappointed that Amy didn't vote off Vicky. Unless two blue fall under the line next week I think the black team is done.

I don't mind Ed so much, never have really, and since he's returned Heba seems to have chilled. If it's down to those two and Amy then I really hope Amy takes it all. I think she made a mistake last night, though. Vicky really is a bigger threat than Coleen was.

hereyago
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Agree with you that Amy C made a huge mistake. She must have done that for Bob which was the wrong thing to do. Of course that is easy to say when we watch it after it has actually happened.

I also think that some of the other posts are correct that the final three might be Heba, Ed and Amy C given that they weren't in the prevention magazine article.

It seems like sometime around the time they have 6 contestants left, they do makeovers on all of them and a photoshoot for Prevention magazine. Surprising that that the Prevention article came out this early.

Michelle looked great in the article.

mommamurray
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I too could not believe Amys choice. With Colleen having lost so much weight its going to be harder for her to drop the big numbers.. Vicky still has a way to go so I would have kept Collen around thinking that next week she is not going to pull a big numbers.. but..Next week..lets see I am guessing it could be Amy and one of the other ladies.. and either Vickie or one of the black team.. and unless Vickie is even more horrible than we all thought Amy will be saved. Maybe that is why she voted for Vickie..it could be Vickie that saves her next week..If she had saved Colleen it could have been her and Colleen in the bottom two and then it would have been a tie vote if everyone voted according to teams and them if Amy had the lowest percentage she would be going home.. I think Amy thought it all day.. and she probably voted the way she did..well thats what I am thinking.. Just for fun I am going to fortell the future lol.. now keep in mind that I am thinking that Renee and Michelle could be interchangable in this ...Amy and Renee will fall below the yellow line next week with Renee going home.. the following week it will be Ed and Vickie below the line and Vickie will go home..next it will be Amy and Michelle below and Michelle will be sent home.. that will leave Ed, Heba and Amy in the final three with Ed going home...maybe he will water log so that he has a chance to win the 100,000 from home.. Heba and Amy will be the last two standing.. I dont know who will win.. but Heba will put back on 40 pounds by next year lol.... Okay that was for fun..

Marms
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I was kind of annoyed when Vickie said she needed to stay because she has kids and works a lot so won't be able to lose if she goes home. I understand that it will be difficult for her, but the way she said it struck me as odd. Like when she goes home she has no intention of losing more or even maintaining for that matter. Just made me want her to get voted off anymore because she seems to be all about the money and not really concerned with health.

mommamurray
11-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Vickies reasoning would have worked for me.. if she wasnt just a nasty piece of work.. but really.. arent you going to MAKE time to fit this new lifestyle into your day? Everyone has been doin fine without you for 8 weeks!!

Marms
11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Her reasoning would work for me too if she had to work 60 hours a week to stay afloat financially. But she is an anesthetist and brady is a pharmacist. Hardly low paying jobs. If you choose to work long hours like that then you also have to choose to get exercise in too. If she plans to go back to her old habits when she returns home then her time at the ranch was pretty much a waste.

If you work a lot because you have too, then you have my sympathy. If you work a lot because you want to, then I don't want to hear any whining. Just my 2 cents.

cher37
11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
I was kind of annoyed when Vickie said she needed to stay because she has kids and works a lot so won't be able to lose if she goes home. I understand that it will be difficult for her, but the way she said it struck me as odd. Like when she goes home she has no intention of losing more or even maintaining for that matter. Just made me want her to get voted off anymore because she seems to be all about the money and not really concerned with health.

AND... she works a 60 hour-week, to-boot!!!! Oh how awful her life is! LOL! I think it was Amy who rolled her eyes at that comment :dizzy:

I agree, I think that Vicky is there just for the $$$$. She said it before when she didn't want to do the challenge to win videos from home.

I'd love to just shake her & welcome her into reality - we all have busy lives, there are women who work 2 to 3 jobs to keep a roof over their heads and food in the fridge & still have time for their families & if exercise is important enough, you go to bed a little earlier to wake up a little bit earlier to get in the exercise. This lady just irks me!!! :D

ennay
11-19-2008, 02:43 PM
AAAAAAAAACCCCCHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKK

My DVR failed to record last night. My whole run this morning I was thinking of how nice it would be to settle down for lunch and watch. Damn:mad:

RangerChic
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
that will leave Ed, Heba and Amy in the final three with Ed going home...maybe he will water log so that he has a chance to win the 100,000 from home...

The way the show works is that the last three all make it to the finale and go home for a few weeks before the show. So, if those three make it to be the final three, they all have a chance at Biggest Loser.

mommamurray
11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
You see I dont watch every season..lol Thanks.. well then I guess I am not thinking Ed will be one of the three.. or maybe he is and that video clip was a red herring lol

mudskippersgrl
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
The only thing I dont get is that next weeks sneak peak was about Thanksgiving... But I know that this was pre-recorded... So was it really pre-recorded a year ago???

hereyago
11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
The only thing I dont get is that next weeks sneak peak was about Thanksgiving... But I know that this was pre-recorded... So was it really pre-recorded a year ago???

The "At Ranch" portion of the show was filmed over the summer. So they were at the Grand Canyon for example in late spring. We visited the Grand Canyon in June and heard that they had been there from a guide.

The "after" results for contestants who were voted off were filmed at or around the same time that the 3 finalists left the ranch. So when you see those clips at the end of each episode that isn't how the contestant looks today, it was how they looked at the end of their filming maybe July or August. That makes it consistent for everyone.

Then all the contestants including the 3 finalists work "at home" for 3 months or so (they tell you how many weeks at the finale) to find out who the biggest loser and the biggest at home losers are.

So they filmed a "Thanksgiving" episode in the summer expecting it to air at Thanksgiving. Not sure if this episode is actually going to about Thanksgiving or about cooking meals in general which they adapt to the Thanksgiving theme in editing.

Sorry, you weren't expecting that much info. But I got started typing...and running off at the fingers.

mommamurray
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
So does that mean that me thinking that Ed is a finalist is wrong.. when he was voted off the first time they did a clip of him looking good.. smaller than last nights show..He said he cant wait for Heba to get home to see how well he has done..( I know its taped in advance but just trying to figure out who might be in the last three) hhmmm

RangerChic
11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
So does that mean that me thinking that Ed is a finalist is wrong.. when he was voted off the first time they did a clip of him looking good.. smaller than last nights show..He said he cant wait for Heba to get home to see how well he has done..( I know its taped in advance but just trying to figure out who might be in the last three) hhmmm

Well, they have to be consistant with the eliminated contestants and the "after" stuff. So, everyone already knew he went back later, they just want to keep us the audience guessing and not knowing what's coming. So, they are just told to act as though their spouse or partner isn't there if they are supposed to be at the ranch.

hereyago
11-19-2008, 07:21 PM
There have been several speculations that it could come down to Ed, Heba, and Amy C based on the Prevention magazine article. That makes a lot of sense. I just realized on my drive home if that is the way it works out, then Jillian will be shut out of the finale. They will all be Bob's contestants. Wow.

Diva
11-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, that was a fun season...

I don't think I can bring myself to finish it. :(

I KNOW I can't and I won't. I'm done with this season.

As for Vicky, after what she said at the vote, I give her a year at home and she will gain it ALL back and then some. Mark my words.

sportmom
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
A nurse anesthetist and a pharma? Are you kidding me? These kids don't seem like they've seen a year out of the high school environment. I can't believe they have that much college - college usually makes you a better/ more mature person.

Oh goodness, can you just see Vicky coming at you with an epidural? To have her attending you when you need love and support - oh good lord!

sportmom
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh, PS, Hereya - please PM me the names you caught on yourDVR. Thanks!

chick_in_the_hat
11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
SIGH......I think Amy did it for Bob... :(

wantingtolose
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
My tv's not working and hasn't been for the past two weeks, and i'm sort of glad. I have been reading updates, and watching clips online, and vicky's additude is disgusting. I thought it was horrible when she said that a video from her kids wasn't a prize worth winning, and now after hearing her go on and on about phil and revenge, i don't like her at all. i wish she would just leave already. I will be so po'd if she wins. She is not worth all that she is getting from this show. She is greedy and there are far more deserving people out there. I think NBC put her on the show to get ratings, and i don't know if its working because i have heard a lot of people talk about how they hate this season because of all the drama. I hope NBC listens so next years BL will go back to the way it was!

mudskippersgrl
11-20-2008, 12:00 AM
The "At Ranch" portion of the show was filmed over the summer. So they were at the Grand Canyon for example in late spring. We visited the Grand Canyon in June and heard that they had been there from a guide.

The "after" results for contestants who were voted off were filmed at or around the same time that the 3 finalists left the ranch. So when you see those clips at the end of each episode that isn't how the contestant looks today, it was how they looked at the end of their filming maybe July or August. That makes it consistent for everyone.

Then all the contestants including the 3 finalists work "at home" for 3 months or so (they tell you how many weeks at the finale) to find out who the biggest loser and the biggest at home losers are.

So they filmed a "Thanksgiving" episode in the summer expecting it to air at Thanksgiving. Not sure if this episode is actually going to about Thanksgiving or about cooking meals in general which they adapt to the Thanksgiving theme in editing.

Sorry, you weren't expecting that much info. But I got started typing...and running off at the fingers.

LOL,

Thanks though, helps me understand it all a little bit better... ;)
Some head games they got going for the contestants though.. lol..

RangerChic
11-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh, PS, Hereya - please PM me the names you caught on yourDVR. Thanks!

Same here please, I'm just curious now. :)

Rain Dancer
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Amy. Amy. Amy. When will she ever learn? Vicky is so much more of a threat to her than Colleen could ever be. And, Vicky is on a mission. To win at all cost. Amy is a smart girl but she isn't very savvy, is she? I also think that she voted as she did to make it up to Bob in some way. But she didn't listen to him when he was talking to her. She didn't hear him say that this is all about her... Not anyone else and that the smartest and best thing she can do is to play and vote for her own benefit. Keeping Vicky around doesn't serve her interests. At all.

I am so icked out by this season. The drama, the nastiness, Vicky, Heba and Ed lording it around as if they own the place. There is no joy or inspiration in it, this season.

Maybe season 7 will be better???

sportmom
11-20-2008, 07:21 PM
What's in store for season 7? There must be preview available somewhere. Couples again? Families?

dixied
11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
What's in store for season 7? There must be preview available somewhere. Couples again? Families?

From Wikipedia (so take it for what that's worth ;))

Season 7

Main article: The Biggest Loser: Couples 2
NBC has announced that there will be a second couples edition. It is now casting. It also appears that Kim Lyons would return with Bob Harper in this season.

As much as I love Bobalicious, this has probably been my last season to watch BL. I didn't watch Tuesday, and I don't think I'll be tuning in next week either. As for bringing back Kim, that's just the last straw for me.

junebug41
11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I KNOW I can't and I won't. I'm done with this season.

As for Vicky, after what she said at the vote, I give her a year at home and she will gain it ALL back and then some. Mark my words.

I totally agree. She has shown no indication that this has been a rewarding process. It's all a game show to her! I don't think she cares one iota about losing weight and will be perfectly contect to return to her old lifestyle when it's all over.

dixied
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
I happened across this article and thought I'd share it with you:

Odd it didn't show up the first time, you'll need to copy and paste into your address bar I guess.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/biggest-loser-face-off-jillian-vs-bob--38

sportmom
11-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks Dee, interesting! As a numbers nut, I bet you just loved that chart! THat was amazing - i had wondered but never done the research. Seeing that I guess I would have to go with Jill now, even tho I hate to cry! ;) You girls doing 30DS are on the right track!!

miriam101
11-22-2008, 03:54 PM
LOL Sportmom - Vicky & epidural!!! Something out of Halloween or Friday the 13th!!! LOLOL

I feel REALLY bad for Amy - how on earth did she think she was doing the right thing/ Maybe Vicky told her she can do voodoo. Anyway - I think Amy may wind up really winning the whole thing - man -!! Those numbers!!

I really didn't think Coleen was going to be the one to go this week. And form a potential percentage point of view - Coleen couldn't out-percentage Vicky unless she went like, below the 100's....

Hmmm. Finally the chance to get rid of Vicky, what a waste...

Diva
11-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Season 7

NBC has announced that there will be a second couples edition. It is now casting. It also appears that Kim Lyons would return with Bob Harper in this season.

As much as I love Bobalicious, this has probably been my last season to watch BL. I didn't watch Tuesday, and I don't think I'll be tuning in next week either. As for bringing back Kim, that's just the last straw for me.

Oh Lord me too. That's the finale nail in the coffin.

Rain Dancer
11-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Ugh! They need to get off this tired old couples/families thing. I am tired of it. I would really like to see TBL go back to singleton contestants. I missed the season with Kim Lyons, so I will be interested to see her in action.

RangerChic
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Jillian *IS* in season 7, not sure if any of you knew that. She's been talking about it on her radio show, so sounds like they are using all three trainers next season.

miriam101
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I didn't really like Kim so much, prefer Bob & Jillian.

MotoMichelle
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM

Season 7

Jillian *IS* in season 7, not sure if any of you knew that. She's been talking about it on her radio show, so sounds like they are using all three trainers next season.

Yep, that's what I was going to point out too. Jillian is definitely in season 7 so maybe they are adding Kim back. I never watched a season with her (I've only seen 5 and now 6) but I've heard people didn't like her.

RangerChic
11-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Yep, that's what I was going to point out too. Jillian is definitely in season 7 so maybe they are adding Kim back. I never watched a season with her (I've only seen 5 and now 6) but I've heard people didn't like her.

Well, I think she's okay, I just don't feel as motivated or inspired by her like I do with Bob & Jillian. Curious to see what's going to happen if there are three trainers again though.

mudskippersgrl
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I've always wondered who is the host? What role dose she play in all of this? Did she loose a bunch of weight before or something??

Hun.e.B
11-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Allison Sweeney is a soap star. She is on Days of Our Lives. She has struggled with her weight in the past, she wasnt obese by any means just a little chubby. The first season she started hosting she talked about her weight struggles. I believe she's also just a big fan of the show.

hereyago
11-24-2008, 10:04 PM
I thought the season where they had 3 trainers was interesting. First it gave more contestants the opportunity to be on the show and lose weight which is a good thing. Also liked that you had three different trainer styles to watch.

As I remember Kim, she wasn't bad on the two seasons she was on (I think she was on two - one with just her and Bob, and the surprise the next season when Jillian came back).

She seemed to be a mix of Bob and Jillian, but I don't think she was particularly bad. It seemed like she faded in the background once Jillian came back with the black team.

miriam101
11-25-2008, 12:42 AM
I didn't mean to say that Kim was bad, just that I didn't find here terrible inspiring, and I much prefer Bob and Jillian

RangerChic
11-25-2008, 08:41 AM
I agree that she's sort of a mix of Bob & Jillian's methods. Sort of. I am interested to see how she is though if she's coming back.

And, today is Tuesday folks! Biggest Loser Turkey Day edition is on tonight! I can't wait. :)

canadianwoman
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
And, today is Tuesday folks! Biggest Loser Turkey Day edition is on tonight! I can't wait. :)

More 'commercials' for Jenny-O Turkey I bet. :joker:

RangerChic
11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
More 'commercials' for Jenny-O Turkey I bet. :joker:

Ha, yeah. I don't really dig all the commercials put inside the show, but someone has to pay for it I suppose.

miriam101
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
LOLOL canadianwoman!!!!!!!!!!!!

sportmom
11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Ugh, this episode is SO nauseating........ I will have to alternate the 2nd hour with watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta slapdown tonite! lol

It's so bad I'm hoping Amy goes home tonite so that she can think long and hard about how stupid she was last week. She totally wasted that extra point that Michelle gave to Icky. UGH UGH UGH

sportmom
11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
And Heba means gift in Arabic.

I thought she was probably of middle eastern descent until I saw her mom on the video who sounds like a southern belle from NC. Maybe her dad is arabic, but I wanted to look up the name. It's pretty in meaning but doesn't translate well - I think I would have picked Joy instead.

sportmom
11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
OK, still continuing to talk to myself here, I guess you all don't need me to look up and provide my opinion on any more baby names! lol How about this........ "Bob's Blue Bullies" ho hum, I guess ya'll were serious when you said you wouldn't be watching anymore!!

Ilene
11-25-2008, 10:37 PM
:lol: @ sportmom!! I watched it tonight for the first time in weeks. I quite enjoyed it I watched the first hour and then got on my bike and finished the second hour...

I found great big changes in everyone except Heba, probably because she's not under the 200 mark yet. I didn't find it nauseating at all, just the usual crying when soneone leaves. Last season's brothers, I can't remember their names, now, they, were nauseating :lo:

sportmom
11-25-2008, 10:42 PM
LOL Ilene, no nauseating not bc of sappiness but bc what happened when you missed it the last 3 weeks. Nauseating bc Vicky should not even be there any more and Amy blew her chance to make that happen. In the end tonite, the girl who shouldn't be there anymore, cast the final vote for Amy and sent her home. THAT was nauseating to have to watch. Blech. 3 of the 5 remaining are people that most viewers wanted to go home and really felt passionate dislike for.

Clydegirl
11-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I was just glad to see 2 blue people below the yellow line.

I hope Michelle's huge weight loss doesn't put her at a disadvantage next week. 10lbs in one week at this stage of the show awesome.

And what about Vicky just sitting there as Amy was leaving. She totally ignored Amy, just a nasty person.

Manick
11-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Why, why, why, why, why didn't they send Vicky home last week? SO annoying! Gah! That was a stupid move, Amy....just IMO....and now you are gone to think long and hard about it.

Ugh.

MotoMichelle
11-26-2008, 10:18 AM
I'll be really disappointed if one of the remaining blue team members wins this season.

Once Michelle is gone I probably won't watch anymore.

RangerChic
11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I'll be really disappointed if one of the remaining blue team members wins this season.

Two episodes left till the finale, so you might as well hold up for three more weeks. I really hope Michelle makes it to the final three.

chick_in_the_hat
11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Icky...Icky...ICKY!!!! :mad: Everything she does gets on my LAST NERVE...she really thinks she's quite adorable. :barf:

I hate to say it because I really think Amy is just naive...but she brought this on herself.

And :love: me some Rocco!!! :T

sportmom
11-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I hate to say it because I really think Amy is just naive...but she brought this on herself.

After last nite, I have to agree with the person who said she did it for BOB :love:

Did you see that never-ending hug? IT was almost uncomfortable, and that's after the EDITING that probably cut 30secs-1min off of it. She was clinging on as if to a lover - I know it's emotional but she knew it was on tv. Totally smitten. Have to agree with someone's dh who said, 'doesn't she know........?' lol

Thin4Good
11-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I missed it last night!!! I see what happened though. I have to say- I agree it is Amy's own fault. Colleen was such a freaking sweetheart and Amy sent her home instead of that witch Vicky?! :dizzy:

RangerChic
11-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Did you see that never-ending hug? IT was almost uncomfortable, and that's after the EDITING that probably cut 30secs-1min off of it. She was clinging on as if to a lover - I know it's emotional but she knew it was on tv. Totally smitten. Have to agree with someone's dh who said, 'doesn't she know........?' lol

I'm sure she does. He's become a real friend to her though, I think the trainers and contestants get close on the ranch. Also, I think he was talking to her when they were hugging, probably telling her it will be okay and that she can do it on her own too. Bob is such a sweetie.

canadianwoman
11-27-2008, 12:08 AM

If Michelle or Rene go will still watch. I want to see this to the end but I think the finale will be most interesting.

I wonder if Vicky will be booed off the stage.

canadianwoman
11-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Two episodes left till the finale, so you might as well hold up for three more weeks. I really hope Michelle makes it to the final three.

I hope she makes it as well. She is becoming so pretty as she loses weight.

MotoMichelle
11-27-2008, 03:26 PM
It would just be really hard to watch Heba or Vicky win. :tantrum:

RangerChic
11-28-2008, 10:28 AM
It would just be really hard to watch Heba or Vicky win. :tantrum:

I could maybe deal with Heba winning, but not Vicky.

zinkemomx2
11-28-2008, 02:42 PM
You guys were speculating Amy C., Heba, and Ed as the final three. With Amy gone I wonder if Ed and Heba go next? That would leave Icky, Michelle and Renee and I think Michelle could out lose Icky.

RangerChic
11-28-2008, 03:09 PM
You guys were speculating Amy C., Heba, and Ed as the final three. With Amy gone I wonder if Ed and Heba go next? That would leave Icky, Michelle and Renee and I think Michelle could out lose Icky.

Oh yes, Michelle totally can. I really do want her to win. Always hoped a black would win, but the prevention article had some of us "tricked." :)

Rain Dancer
11-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I would also hate to see Vicky, Heba or Ed win. All three of them have behaved horribly, in my opinion. I read somewhere on line (can't remember exactly where, dangit!) that Brady blabbed to someone at one of his kid's sport events that Vicky wasn't there because she is in the Finale and can't be seen in public. If that is true, that is a mighty big slip of the tongue. And should get them both disqualified from winning any prizes. Now that would be good TV. :devil::devil::devil:

sportmom
11-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Vicky wasn't there because she is in the Finale and can't be seen in public.

PUKE-A-ZOID!

chick_in_the_hat
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
PUKE-A-ZOID!

Amen, sistah!

*wanders off with fingers in ears shouting lalalalalalala* at the mere thought of Icky in the finale.

Hun.e.B
12-01-2008, 09:53 AM
well, you cant trust anything icky or brady says anything so he may have been talking out his butt!

dixied
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
If a video from her kids wasn't a "worth it" prize, do you really think she's the kind of mom to go to her kid's events?

She probably isn't going out in public because now she's outed herself as an evil hag, and she's afraid people will call her on it. Lord knows if I had acted the way she has on TV, I'd have to hide from everyone. Mostly my family, who would not hesitate to slap me upside the head and tell me to mind my manners.

MotoMichelle
12-02-2008, 09:26 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27418125#27418125" frameborder

Interview video of Phil's wife Amy with Bob. She looks great!!

MotoMichelle
12-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Here's Coleen and Jillian:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27908290#27908290

dixied
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Here's an article about Icky.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-biggest-villain-on-biggest-loser--48

MotoMichelle
12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I read the comments from that article. The overall sentiment about Vicky seems to be pretty universal.

sportmom
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
The home-made video of Icky is hilarious at the end! I wish they would have gotten the clip about "I'm not killing myself for a video of my kids." That would have made it complete, imo.

Can't wait for tonite! :devil:

RangerChic
12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Ha ha ha! Vicky is a wuss, won't even drop into the water. :lol:

sportmom
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, tough girl gone. I was amazed until I realized that she didn't have to go on that nature challenge with Phil and Coleen, instead she went to the acrobatic yoga studio with Bob. So this is her first experience with heights I guess. It's either that or the water. It could be the water - I remember they didn't do well on that balance beam challenge either.

Thin4Good
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Is anyone watching this right now!?!:rolleyes:

RangerChic
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Talk about trying to take the spotlight for herself. Poor Michelle, she won the challenge yet Vicky took the attention for herself.

Thin4Good
12-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Talk about trying to take the spotlight for herself. Poor Michelle, she won the challenge yet Vicky took the attention for herself.

I was thinking the same thing!!! No kudos for Michelle - it's all about Vicky!

sportmom
12-02-2008, 09:16 PM
And they're all soooo nice to her too. Truly nice people - maybe she'll learn something.

Allison is wearing blue tonite at the weigh in. Interesting!

What's that on Renee's neck - a scar? Is that from thyroid surgery or something? Her voice sounds fine so I doubt it's throat related.....hmmm Surprised nothing has been said about it.

Thin4Good
12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
aghh!!! :(

RangerChic
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
What a beeyotch!

Thin4Good
12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
ya know for a second there- I thought she would actually vote for Ed since he is a bigger threat. But no. :(

Thin4Good
12-02-2008, 10:00 PM
WE get to vote?! - Vicky better hope she has immunity!

RangerChic
12-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Woah, we get to choose the 3rd finalist?

sportmom
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Eh, she'll probably be the BL next week and we'll only get to choose between the 2 at the bottom - Heba and Michelle I'm guessing. Wonder who would win that vote. It'll be Ed with a big loss next week, Vicky and then a vote b/w Heba and Michelle.

trekkiegirl
12-03-2008, 12:32 AM
I like Ed. I was hoping the final 3 would be Ed, Michelle and Renee. I think he's been rather unfairly blasted, not necessarily so much here but on the net in general for stuff he didn't even do, since he was gone during the "fighting with Phil" weeks. I just always liked his self-deprecating humor. :p I suspected his weight would be 250 tonight since, if I'm not mistaken, that was his weight (an 85 pound loss) when they showed his update after being eliminated. And I noticed his makeover shirt and update shirt appeared to be one and the same.

I wonder how the voting thing is going to go over with the contestants. Last season it ticked Ali & Kelly off that they didn't get to vote off Roger as they were hoping. I think Michelle would win the vote against any blue team member and I think maybe Ed would win if he was up against Heba or Vicky. If Heba makes it to the finale, with her starting weight, she could have conceivably lost 50% altogether. Then again, she is rather tall.

So...I checked around a bit and I think the Tyra show with the contestants is on tomorrow, Wednesday 12/3.

Diva
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Here's an article about Icky.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-biggest-villain-on-biggest-loser--48

They deleted the message board comments about her...O'well. I am sure I already know what was said. :P

The 666 at the end of her video was funny!;)

MotoMichelle
12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
I like Ed. I was hoping the final 3 would be Ed, Michelle and Renee. I think he's been rather unfairly blasted, not necessarily so much here but on the net in general for stuff he didn't even do, since he was gone during the "fighting with Phil" weeks.

I agree. I have no problem with Ed, he just happens to be married to a woman who went off her rocker while he was gone. I noticed that once he returned Heba started acting better.

Ed, Michelle, Renee would have been a nice finale, but now I'm hoping it's Ed, Michelle, and Heba. I'd rather see Heba win over Vicky.

RangerChic
12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
So hard to say who is going to be the final three right now. I hope Vicky isn't one of them, but as long as Michelle makes it, I'll be okay with it.

L144S
12-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, it really dosen't matter who is below the yellow line. America will absolutely vote out the blue in favor of Michelle if she is below the line and will choose ED over Heba and either one of them over Vicky. My guess it is one of the reasons they are trying to redeem Vicky with her blog as well to make her more human I supose on the show the last 2 weeks.

I was less than impressed with the makeovers, vicky's being the least impressive but I would bet she dictated what she would allow them to do. He hair remianed the same but the color was just so wrong for her skin tone. Not many people can pull off red AND I might add her makeup at the WI was just awful!

It is too bad that Vicky was not with Jillian this show. I think she would have had a much better outcome and turn-around. a little more self interspection would have been a good thing for Vicky because althoug she has lost some weight, she just does not radiate the joy of feeling good about herself. 2 weeks before they go home is a little late to relize that she can not trust herself, but better late than never.

I also want to add I am shoked that not 1 person on the ranch hit 100 lbs. All of the women have lost about the same amount of weight which is suprising concidering the varriation in size of the ladies in particular AND Brady really has only lost 10 more LBS than the ladies. Just commenting. I think it has been a season where Jill's girls and team will be much better in the long run because I think they looked at the who and why and Bob's team was focused only on the weightloss and team blue.

hereyago
12-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I am still not over Amy C keeping Vicky on the show!!! Ya big dummy.

What was with Vicky's makeover? Her face was very white like my daughter's Halloween makeup - and she was a dead bride. eeek.

I am warming up to Ed. Thought he was pretty funny in the last few episodes.

We are going to have several 100+ lb losers at the finale but probably none before they go home. Renee was at 95 pounds in her transformation interview last night. I think we are going to see more women at 100 lbs plus lost than any other season at the finale: Stacey, Colleen, Amy C, Amy P., Renee, Michelle, Vicky, Heba. Actually it is pretty incredible because there have only been 7 or 8 women (including that petite comedienne from the State season who did it all at home) to ever lose more than 100 pounds during the course of the show.

So, so glad that America gets to vote for the 3rd contestant. Michelle, hopefully, you worked your a** of literally during that last week.

hereyago
12-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Not sure where I have been, but just discovered wikipedia's comprehensive coverage of The Biggest Loser by season. All the contestants ongoing stat's, BMIs, episode details etc.

Current season is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser:_Families

L144S
12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I guess what I mean is it doesn't matter if Michelle falls below the line because america is going to vote which one will "go home" and at least one blue member will have to fall below and I am 99% positive that america will vote to send the blue member home. I think it will make them elligable for the home prize but I am not sure. I would not be suprised if H and E were figuring how to get 1 of them off so they could be eligable for both prizes.

In all of the past seasons, i think, there has been at least one contestant that has lost 100lbs on the ranch and it has not happed this season.

Diva
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
I was less than impressed with the makeovers, vicky's being the least impressive but I would bet she dictated what she would allow them to do. He hair remianed the same but the color was just so wrong for her skin tone. Not many people can pull off red AND I might add her makeup at the WI was just awful!

I think she was channeling "Mommy Dearest" .

trekkiegirl
12-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I saw the Tyra Banks show tonight with the contestants. Ali Vincent was also on, towards the end. They brought on a couple who were inspired by TBL and lost 100 pounds each and the woman was especially inspired by Ali.

I, too, thought some of the makeovers were questionable, particularly the clothes, some of which, I felt, didn't really flatter the person. I thought the women actually looked thinner in their blue and black Biggest Loser weigh-in clothes the last few weeks than they did in the dresses. Ironically, even though Ed's look was the most casual and loose, to my eye his weight loss was the most obvious. I've thought the same thing in the last few weeks' weigh-ins that his father said, that he looks like a completely different person than when he started. I'm looking forward to seeing Ed at the finale. I think he's gonna look hot. :D :p I'm curious about Heba, too, since she would still have had more to lose at this point than any of the other women. And Jerry...I'm hoping he amazes us even more.

Michelle....okay, I think she's a knockout and is going to be even more so at the finale. But I do wonder why she keeps saying that Renee didn't take her when she left the father. Michelle was 20 years old, not a child. Plus, then wouldn't her father whom she obviously adores have been alone?

At the beginning of the season, I thought to myself that this was going be a very good looking group at the finale. I'm looking forward to seeing them...most of them anyway! :p

BTW, Diva, what a cool idea to use your Pogo avatar here. Never thought of it. Hmmm.... :D

sportmom
12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh yeah, I got that point about on the 3rd episode when she said the divorce was 6 years ago, we knew she was 26, and I was totally over it thinking - umm, you would have been in college or working already - you were 20! Of course she didn't "take" you, but you could have moved had you wanted to. I know divorce is very upsetting and that's enough to cry over and the reunion, etc., but I agree I don't get the abandonment/left alone issues. I'm sure it was a choice. Maybe what we don't know is that mom pretty much up and left overnite one nite and didn't tell her she was leaving and "left" her there to be surprised, whereas she packed up the younger girls and left with them.

dixied
12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah, I got that point about on the 3rd episode when she said the divorce was 6 years ago, we knew she was 26, and I was totally over it thinking - umm, you would have been in college or working already - you were 20! Of course she didn't "take" you, but you could have moved had you wanted to. I know divorce is very upsetting and that's enough to cry over and the reunion, etc., but I agree I don't get the abandonment/left alone issues. I'm sure it was a choice. Maybe what we don't know is that mom pretty much up and left overnite one nite and didn't tell her she was leaving and "left" her there to be surprised, whereas she packed up the younger girls and left with them.

I could be mis-remembering this but I thought that her mom had called her up and told her that she had left her dad and taken her sisters with her? Personally, I think that's a face-to-face conversation, not a phone conversation. And while 20 is technically an adult, depending on circumstances, she could have been very much a child who needed her mom.

canadianwoman
12-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I think she was channeling "Mommy Dearest" .

Or The Joker from Batman. :D

Hun.e.B
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
The last episode she said her parents divorced when she was 18.

trekkiegirl
12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Not sure where I have been, but just discovered wikipedia's comprehensive coverage of The Biggest Loser by season. All the contestants ongoing stat's, BMIs, episode details etc.
Current season is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser:_Families

Cool.

So, going into next week, total percentages lost are:

Ed - 28.60
Heba - 29.91
Vicky - 32.79
Michelle - 34.00

What are your guesses for next week?

Ed seems to be on an alternating high/low cycle so he may pull a good number next week. I think he probably did well at home the past couple of months, but he started out bigger so he's got further to go.
Heba's also got a further way to go because of her starting weight. I think she will end up one of the bottom two because her percentage won't be enough.
Vicky has done pretty well with her numbers. Those extra 4 hours she puts in pay off for her. I think she and Ed may be the top two next week.
Michelle's been pretty impressive. She's the "wild card" to me weightloss-wise. I'm not sure if she's going to do well again after pulling good numbers the past couple of weeks.

As L144S mentioned, I think Michelle is going to be in the final three no matter what, whether it's by placement or popular vote. Ed stands a good chance--his losing scenario, I believe, being if he is opposite Michelle in the bottom two. I think the person eliminated on the finale will be Heba. I don't think Vicky is going to fall below the line.

Kimphin
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I realize that this is over a week late, and maybe it was already mentioned - but did anyone notice that when Amy C had her homecoming that Pete from season 2 was in the crowd?

sportmom
12-05-2008, 11:32 PM
YES I DID!! and no, not covered here yet. I was LIKE - WOAH! WHat's he doing there! It was really funny for me too bc I had just read up all the BL boards on nbc for the first time all season - and got linked to the former contestant who's a youth minister's blog, and he writes his blog as a "how to" for people to get casted, and then people who are going thru the process also leave their experiences - kinda cool. Anyway, this youth minister guy stated that Pete was in fact working for TBL now in casting. It was so funny cuz I read that the same day and then it was like looking at Waldo when Pete's big frame shadowed the homecoming! Glad to see he's still looking great - by big frame I mean his stature.

4me4mygirls
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Is this on tonight? I haven't seen any advertisements for it.

L144S
12-09-2008, 02:35 PM
It is showing up on the guide so yes. This is where they will tell us that we get to choose the 3rd person for the final 3 of the 2 that are below the yellow line. The 2 above are the line are safe.

I have my wish to have Vicky below the line, we get to vote her out, Michelle, Heba and Ed are final 3. Michelle wins and Brady and vicky don't lose enough for the at home prize AND ED and Heba lose to Michelle as TBL :)

dixied
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
It is showing up on the guide so yes. This is where they will tell us that we get to choose the 3rd person for the final 3 of the 2 that are below the yellow line. The 2 above are the line are safe.

I have my wish to have Vicky below the line, we get to vote her out, Michelle, Heba and Ed are final 3. Michelle wins and Brady and vicky don't lose enough for the at home prize AND ED and Heba lose to Michelle as TBL :)

I like your plan. Who would you have as the at-home biggest loser? I'm hoping it's Phil, just to tick Icky Vicky off.

L144S
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM
It realy does not matter to me who wins the at home prize as long as it is not H, E, V, or B but it would be sweet justice to V and H if it were Amy or Phil :) I have being this mean...sometimes :)

RangerChic
12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Rooting for Michelle tonight!!!

And, Amy and Phil work out like 4 hours a day right now. Of course I'm sure that will slow down some after the finale. I'm rooting for them or Coleen for at-home winner.

sportmom
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow, we're going to have to vote between Ed and HEba in the 3rd finalist slot. Never thought I'd see it - but think Bob called it right, gameplay for the beloved.

ICK - Icky is in the finale. blech Ed is soooo stupid.

sportmom
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Yea Michelle - you did it - TBL!!!!

sportmom
12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Pfft - what's the point of a vote? This is so ANNOYING! UGH!

canadianwoman
12-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Pfft - what's the point of a vote? This is so ANNOYING! UGH!

I cannot vote because I am Canadian but if I could I would vote for Ed just so Heba does not win.

sportmom
12-09-2008, 10:25 PM
:devil: :devil: Twice! :devil: :devil:

junebug41
12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm voting for Mr. 2 pounds :)

Heba didn't do herself any favors hooking her star to Vicky...

... or by rolling her eyes when Allison broke the news...\

Also, I'm SO incredibly happy for Michelle. She showed nothing but class through the entire process and I love how honest she is. What a woman!

RangerChic
12-09-2008, 10:40 PM
First off, WAY TO GO MICHELLE!!! :D

And now, I'm voting for Ed mostly because he wants to do everything for her and that makes him selfless. Also, Heba is likely to lose more weight possibly beating out Michelle whom I really want to see crowned TBL.

junebug41
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Ed's line is all tied up. I'm hoping that's a sign that everyone's voting for him :lol:

RangerChic
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Ed's line is all tied up. I'm hoping that's a sign that everyone's voting for him :lol:

You can vote online too via nbc's site.

junebug41
12-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks! Done and done :)

sportmom
12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Love it!

I didn't understand why he couldn't just back out and say 'I quit - send me home." The vote is a waste of time imo. But hey, if they're gonna give us a vote, I'm for Mr. 2 pounds two! Sweet!

Thin4Good
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
lol- at first I thought "Forget it, I'm not even going to vote" - I was really looking forward to NOT voting for Vicky so I was pretty disappointed. the more I have thought about it though, the more irritated I feel with Ed and Heba for trying to force me to vote a certain way.

I voted for Ed.

Eleven times. :p

L144S
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
well H has little chance to catch up to the % of Michelle or Vicky and it is unlikely she would lose the 60+ lbs she would have to to get to a 50% loss. Ed has to lose somethng like 84lbs to reach the 50% while V and M have to lose somewhere in the high 40's.

I just thought that ED was so stupid to throw away his chance. He may be selfless but he just gave up in my view taking Heba with him.

I don;t like some of the things Heba has done this season and I don't think she had a clue at the time what hitching herself to Vicky would mean when the show aped vs taired. That said, I think once ed came back Heba became more likeable and I think he grounds her and she really has not said anything nasty since he came back.

It also agrivated me that Vicky learned not one thing and is coming out the other side the same person she went in only thinner. Maybe if she has read the internet, and my guess is she has because she is that kind of person (PS I would too) she knows that the posting public does not like her one bit. I did not really understand when she said to bob she "got it" because everythng she said and done contradicted that statement not just once but all the time even on the show last night about not eating vetables and eating out all the time. Does she remember that Brady went home and continued to lose weight? Does she even concider that HE already started the changes with the kids? GEEZZ!!!! So self absorbed!

If Vicky wins, and it is NOT my money, she will have won for most weigh lost, but as all of us who struggle here we know that the money will never buy her a clue into what it means to LIVE this day in and day out. She will not be a spokeswoman for me and I would not tune in to listen to her about how she changed her life because I am not sure she has.

On the revese side. Michelle has an engaging personality and while watching her watch her video, she was just beautiful in seeing herself change into a new person. I thik she is a lot like Ali who just "got it".

-L