20-Somethings - I would like a buddy!

View Full Version : I would like a buddy!

Blcarter84
09-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Hello everyone,
I am 24 years old and a mother of one 20 month old boy. I love him to death but have seriously been slacking on my fitness since I had him. I am now up to 214 lbs and want to get down to at least 170! I am 5'8"and am planning on going to the gym and working out...almost every day if I can and would like someone to e-mail and chat with to keep my progress going. IF anyone is up for this please let me know. I also have MSN messenger if it comes to that point. Thank you for reading,

sh3l5
09-16-2008, 02:03 AM
I sure need some motivation and enthusiasm right now....
seems money i was guna spend on me goal shopping spree has gone out the window!....

Iconised Ghost
09-16-2008, 04:29 AM
hey blcarter, i would be happy to buddy up on 3FC with you ^_^ PM me if you are keen

Im a 21 year old student, also working on getting to the gym lots, and i am a bit of an internet junky so i reply to my PMs pretty quickly :D I started weight loss in feb, joined 3FC in July, and am determined to keep going no matter what!

Blcarter84
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey so I finally joined the 24 hour fitness out here which is right next to my apartment by the way. And they include child care while you work out which is great because the last place I used to go to charged me $5 a visit! So anyways I don't have enough posts to be able to PM you yet so I guess I will just have to keep posting until I am able. I hope that you will be on board with me:) Thanks

Iconised Ghost
09-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Oh i didnt know that you had to have a certain number of posts to be able to PM >.< Having a fitness palce right next to your apartment sounds like heaven!

Blcarter84
09-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah hope to get 10 posts soon so that I can just PM. Well I got up at 8:30 this morning and went to the gym and ran on the eliptical for 52 minutes. Tomorrow I am going to do my arms and shoulders on weights also. Really want to lose at lease 44 pounds!

Iconised Ghost
09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
wow 52 minutes is awesome! I love weights, i do a weights class once a week and it gives me a boost, its a really nice change to my normal cardio work :carrot: And we'll be toned yay ^_^

ghost
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
52 minutes! Excellent! My gym has a 30 minute time limit on all its machines with a 5 minute cool down so the longest I can go without resetting my stats and workout summary is 35 minutes.

Blcarter84
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh right on! There are soooo many machines at this gym that I think it would be silly if they had a time limit. Although I have been to gyms in the past that if they are all full you can only b on for 30 minutes and the next person on the list gets to go. I am really hoping that I can stop the second wave under my arm if you know what I mean....jiggle jiggle

Iconised Ghost
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
i think the machines at my gym have a one hour limit on them, but thats plenty for me :D good on you for being so motivated! I have to try and get back into exercising after i had this icky infection. Its so hard when you get out of the habit!

Ladybug18
09-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Blcarter84

i would like it vey much if we could be 3fc buddies! itoo need someone to talk to and help keep me motivated. We have the same goal weight so maybe we could motivate each other! Goodluck.

sweetkam
09-17-2008, 11:23 PM
I would love to have a buddy too! we all could use a boost!:hug:

Blcarter84
09-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Yay soo many people with the same goal in mind. Mine is more towards excercising and weight loss then difference in diet. But all the same you get the reslts!! So I will be on for a whiloe tonight and then to bed and to the gym in the morning!

Iconised Ghost
09-17-2008, 11:55 PM
for me, if i didnt include diet in my plan, i'd eat everyone out of house and home :D gym tomorrow is my goal too, as well as an early night. No more excuses for me

kelli32
09-18-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm having a hard time getting into the gym lately and I REALLY need to find the motivation. I walk my dog for an hour everyday and its a fairly fast paced walk (I try to wear him down so he doesn't jump off the walls all day while I'm in class/work) but I know that I'm not doing enough toning or core work just taking a stroll with the pooch. I am eating the 200 calories mini-meals 6 times a day because it really works with my crazy schedule just to grab something quick every few hours. I need someone to drag me to the gym at 6 in the morning.. where do I get that kinda buddy? :)

Blcarter84
09-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Whew 6 in the morning is awfully early for me!! I am a server so I am running around like crazy all the time. But I went to the gym this morning at 10 and did 30 minutes of runing and then did 30 minutes of weights on lower body...inner thighs and outer and such. I am going to be SORE tomorrow lol!

Blcarter84
09-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok, so today I walked to the gym and did 45 minutes of running intervaling 2 minutes of regular speed with 8 minutes of intense speed and then a 5 minute cooldown and then walked home with my son.

kelli32
09-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I did my Friday cardio workout. It's my favorite because it's easy to get motivated for and its pretty intense. I usually run on the treadmill but a good incline walk once a week is great for the calves and butt.

I warm up at a 4.0 mph walk for 2 min at 0 incline
Slow the walk to 3.5 and increase the incline by 1.0 every 2 min up to 10.0 (at 2 min=1 incl, 4 min=2 incl, etc.)
I usually try to stay at an incline of 10.0 for 3-5 min but it KILLS
Then you start declining 1.0 incline every 2 min back to 0.
Do your normal cool down.

This is about a 45 min workout and its great for days (like Friday) when the gym is the last place you want to be.

Candi
09-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey Girl!
Im looking for buddies to!! I am 23 years old from New Hampshire. I have been battling weight my whole life pretty much. It sucks! Hey,what kinds of foods do you guys eat on a diet? Do you cook your meals or buy Smartones or other frozen diet meals? I am hoping to make alot of new friends here.
-Candace x

Blcarter84
09-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Alright so this is day number 4 of going to the gym and it was awesome. Day 1 was the easiest for some reason and day 2 was the hardest so far. Anyways I did 20 minutes of super intense cardio and then I did upper body with weights. I have to work in a couple of hours and as I may have stated, I am a server and my arms are pooped...but I am sure it will be fine! Just when I get home tonight I will be ready for bed.

Blcarter84
09-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah and I alsotook some picture of my bare stomach for when I hopefully lose it all I can say look at how FAT I was!!! And be proud of what I accomplished

Iconised Ghost
09-20-2008, 05:03 PM
taking before pictures is so cool, i am so glad i did it. I think they are kind of motivating too, because you can look at them and commit to not looking like that again. And its interesting too, to see what kind of transformation you get. I actually wish i had taken better before pics of my thighs >.< Never mind. Well done on the work out before going to work! Your arms will be super toned after all that :D

meganlee65
09-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Kelli32, I need that kind of buddy too!! I have the time to work out every day, but I have to get up early to do that and I just don't get up early enough. I always hit the snooze too many times.

kelli32
09-20-2008, 06:39 PM
I am the ultimate snooze button champion. my boyfriend hates it because i'll intentionally set the alarm 30 minutes earlier than i need to get up so i can hit the snooze button a few times. it's aweful! When I was still doing track, one of my teammates used to meet me in the weight room at 6 am. I could always make it because I knew she was going to be there too and if I didn't show up she would have wasted her time. But when its just me... snooze button. :)

bjeweled
09-20-2008, 07:45 PM
:wave: blcarter84

if you want you can also join us in the 52 down 50 to go thread. you are my height and we all have about the same amount to go

good luck with your weight loss efforts! :hug:

meganlee65
09-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah, I often set the alarm earlier than I need to get up, but more often than not I just reset the alarm for a later time :o Yeah, I had a friend who was going to get up with me every day to go work out, but that hasn't worked out like she said so I am left on my own to get up and it doesn't happen! Hopefully that will change as I have found this "renewed energy" to lose weight.

Blcarter84
09-21-2008, 01:26 PM
My boyfriend ALWAYS says" why dont' you just get up" and gets mad that I hit snooze until the snooze button shuts off!!! lol. Anyways I am being better about that and getting up around 9 ish. Which is early for me, normally its closer to 10:30 or so.

Blcarter84
09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
DAY 5- So I was really sore this morning and was kind of dreading going to the gym....but once I walked down there I already felt better. I ran for 60 minutes today going over 5 miles and burning just short of 600 calories!!! yay me. I have also been eating SUPER healthy and am very proud of myself for that. I want to be an inspiration to others. I want people to look at me and go WOW!!! And I have to go run my *** of at work in 2 hours!! Whew another day

kelli32
09-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I definitely didn't make it to the gym today. It has really weird hours on the weekends because its on campus and I always remember that it closes at 2 at about 1:45. I did walk to the park with my dog and played fetch for awhile. I called my old roommate though to see if she wanted to hit the gym with me everyday. Bad thing is I've attempted workout buddies throughout my entire time in college and they make it for about a week and I find myself going by myself again. Only one ever semi-stuck with me and she graduated last year :(

I've also been eating really well lately, I don't weight myself very often because I don't have regular access to a scale (and I don't feel the need to buy one) but my clothes are saying great things about me these last few weeks.

I'll probably just go tomorrow after my 8am class, I'm starting to think I won't need anyone to go with me. Blcarter- you seem to be at about the same fitness level as I am, maybe you will be able to keep me motivated. I'm so competitive that I won't be able to get on here to see that you've posted your workout without having one to post myself. Healthy competition of course!! :) In other words if you don't see me anymore I haven't been to the gym, haha. Just kidding! Hope your not too sore tomorrow!!

Blcarter84
09-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Day 6- So today was a little bit of a shorter workout. I ran for 15 minutes and then did butt and leg with weights for 30 minutes. It was intense but short. I have a feeling my legs with be sor tomorrow.

kelli32
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I only ran 15 min today too.. I was trying not to over-do it because I have decided to start riding my bike to class everyday. I have always wanted to but never had a bike- I called around and my old roommate gave me hers. I also did some abs and arms/shoulders. I spent a lot of time stretching today because my thighs and calves are super tight.

I can't believe what a work out bike riding is. I was exhausted by the time I got to campus, and for once I was hoping class was a little longer because I wasn't ready to try and ride home haha. My only hope is knowing it'll only get easier.

kelli32
09-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh and I rode the stationary bike for about 10 minutes. I was trying to loosen up my legs some more they were so unbelievably tight! I drank a whole gallon of water yesterday so I guess I'll just stretch a lot for the next few days.

Blcarter84
09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah my armpits and triceps are still sore from the other day and of course working. I have been stretching them a lot though trying to get the tightness out. Hey! do you know when I will be able to post my ticker??

kelli32
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I think I read 20 days and 20 posts. I just joined last week so I haven't served my time yet either.

Iconised Ghost
09-23-2008, 01:29 AM
i thought it was 30 days and 30 posts but i could be wrong

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok so today is my all cardio day again and unfortuantely I won't be abe to go to the gym until my boyfriend gets home for work and takes his son home. So that won't be for like another 5 hours..yuck. I like getting it out of the way in the morning...then getting showered and moving on with my day. Now I feel like it's all backwards. Well at least it's my day off!!! YAY

kelli32
09-23-2008, 10:19 PM
I had to do laundry during my normal workout time.. I hate not having one in our house. But I rode my bike to class again and then down to the bike shop to work on the brakes since I almost t-boned a truck going down this huge hill and couldn't stop.. it was pretty hilarious but I figured I may need to get it fixed. I did a lot of stretching and some abs. That bike is kickin my rear.

Blcarter84
09-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Sounds like you are enjoying riding your bike all over the place, even though it is tough at first. But you will have some killer legs when it is all said and done. I LOVE BIKE RIDING. I have a really nice bike(kind of expensive) but haven't been on it since we moved out here 4 months ago. Anyways today was day 7. I did 60 minutes of running on the eliptical. Went 5.5 miles and burned 630 calories. Whew it kicked my butt. Hopefully tomorrow won't be ****, it's ARMS day.

Blcarter84
09-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Day 8- Ok so today I ran for 30 minutes burning 300 calories, then I lifted weights working my arms and shoulders. Totally killer, I hope I am not as sore as I was the last time. Anyways it was great workout today!

belinda245
09-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I can be your buddy as well.
I have a gym across the street from my job. So I usually go in the morning for 30 - 45 min.. and then after work for 1 hour.
Thankfully there are plenty of machines.. no time restraints at mine.
I have been trying to slowly do more time each day on the elliptical.:carrot:

Blcarter84
09-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I can be your buddy as well.
I have a gym across the street from my job. So I usually go in the morning for 30 - 45 min.. and then after work for 1 hour.
Thankfully there are plenty of machines.. no time restraints at mine.
I have been trying to slowly do more time each day on the elliptical.:carrot:

Wow twice a day! I don't think I would want to go twice a day. But I do walk a lot besides going to the gym so i think that that counts also. Right this minute I just finished lunch and am totally being lazy. probably going to cuddle with my son while he takes a nap. Then I gotta get ready for work! BLAH

belinda245
09-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I only get to do the twice a day about 4 times a week. the other days i try to squeeze in at least 1 hour.

today I was extremely tired for some reason.. so I only did 45 minutes in the morning and 30 in the afternoon..

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

kelli32
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Did abs this morning after my first class. I rode my bike 5 miles today. Worked on my 12 page paper due Monday during normal workout time. Good thing I got that bike my schedule is not cooperating for the gym everyday. I'm about to take the dog on a walk probably shorter than normal but we'll get in at least 30 minutes- that will help. Still stretching a lot. I sneaked in an early weigh in down 4 more lbs! But I'll wait til the official day to get too excited.

Blcarter84
09-25-2008, 01:20 AM
OOoo i hope you are down 4 when you go to weigh yourself again or even more for that matter!! GOOD LUCK

belinda245
09-25-2008, 08:51 AM
4 pounds is great!! :D

no gym this morning.. was running late with my 2 girls this morning.

but doing good so far food wise this morning.

cereal for breakfast with a banana.

Blcarter84
09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Day 9- I did not want to go to the gym today but I went and thought I would do a light workout. Well I guess if you consider a little over 5 miles and 600 calories a light workout then I guess I accomplished that. Today is my day off and I plan on going grocery shopping and haning with my baby and my boyfriend!

belinda245
09-25-2008, 03:57 PM
5 miles is great!!

I am going this afternoon. need to get at least 45 min on the treadmill today.

I cheated a little for lunch.

My coworker is pregnant and was craving mcdonalds.. I was trying to be strong but couldnt resist. Had a double cheeseburger and a McChicken.. so i guess its just fruits for dinner.

Tomorrow my coworker has a doctors appointment so there should be no temptations at work.

Enjoy the rest of your day off!:D

motiv8me
09-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone,
I am 24 years old and a mother of one 20 month old boy. I love him to death but have seriously been slacking on my fitness since I had him. I am now up to 214 lbs and want to get down to at least 170! I am 5'8"and am planning on going to the gym and working out...almost every day if I can and would like someone to e-mail and chat with to keep my progress going. IF anyone is up for this please let me know. I also have MSN messenger if it comes to that point. Thank you for reading,

I am new to this site. I am also having a great battle with my weight. I am 25 (26 in November) and a mother of two (ages 7 and 8). The smallest I remember being about a year after I had my second child was 180. Somewhere in between that time i got satisfied and then went up and down in weight for the last 6 years. Now I have reached my all time high weight of 233. I feel as if i am starting to reach a state of depression. I think about my weight almost 24hours a day and think that other people around me are looking at how fat i have become. I really need someone to reach out to and motivate me so that i can do the same in return. Please let me know if you would like to be my buddy.

Thanks

kelli32
09-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Still didn't make it to that dang gym. I rode my bike 3 miles.. I discovered campus and back was 2.5 so I go the longer way to make it an even 3. I walked 3 miles (same route) with the dog and he kept me on my toes tonight, I wish I had as much energy as he does! I'm going to start helping a few girls with their tennis skills so hopefully they'll catch on quick enough we can play a few times a week before it gets too cold. I guess there's always raquetball too but not as fun.

As soon as this 12 page paper is done I'm hitting the gym. It's due at 5pm on Monday so by 5:05 my booty will be on a treadmill.

belinda245
09-26-2008, 06:06 AM
motiv8me --you have come to the right place for motivation. I myself made the commitment to finally do something about my weight only a few weeks ago. Initially I had tons of motivation... but after the first week I started to go less to the gym. Motivation for me is reading other peoples stories on here.. seeing that if they can do it so can I. One of the tricks that I use is that I always try to keep fruit around.. so when I get the craving for junk food.. I can eat my fruit instead. I also have learned to make the gym a part of my daily routine. And the days I fall off track and dont make it to the gym.. well I just tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day.:D

belinda245
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
I did my weekly weigh in this morning... 1 pound!!At this point I will take whatever I can get.. just to see the scale moving is exciting.

Today I wont be going to the gym.. because I will do enough walking tonight at Howl- O - Scream.

I am going to up my excercise more next week.. want to lose 10 pounds by halloween.

motiv8me
09-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Belinda245Thank you for the support!!! I will be looking forward to chatting about our progress.

motiv8me
09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Thats absolutely wonderful!!! your one pound up on me. So this means that i definetly have to step up. Thanks for the motivation!!!

You go girl!!!!

belinda245
09-27-2008, 08:05 AM
well guys yesterday I cheated a little .. it was my coworkers birthday .. and I couldnt resist the cake.. ended up eating 2 slices!! I wasn't able to go the gym but I did go to Howl O Scream last night where I did tons of walking because the park is huge!

This morning I will be headed to the fruit market to stock up on fruits!

kelli32
09-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I worked 14 hours yesterday and went to class so needless to say I did nothing. Luckily I work for a wedding decorator and its pretty strenuous sometimes. We had 3 weddings to do so it was a LONG day.. anyhow I'm finishing my paper and I have to go light the candles at the reception hall at 4 so I'm going to ride my bike. It's about 4-5 miles from here so that'll be fun. I wish I could take the dog but he'll probably make me wreck... I'm gonna try it but probably just not on a 8 mile trip.

belinda- congrats on the pound!

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 01:50 PM
BELINDA- congrats on the pound!!
Okay so this is an update for day 10 and 11.
DAY 10- I didn't go to the gym, it was kind of a lazy day. But I did run around at work for a couple of hours. I didn't eat as good as I would have wanted to, but being at work for so long without eating made me ravenous when i got home.
DAY 11- So far so good. The gym seemed A LOT harder to get through today but I went 5.4 miles 60 minutes and 620 calories. Hopefully that will jumpstart my day. Well off to the shower and then to work. I hope that my Tuesday weigh in is as good as I want it to be.(crossing fingers) Only 3 days til then. Gotta work HARD!!

belinda245
09-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Blcarter84 --The trainer that works at my gym.. is always telling me that once you get past 35 min on the treadmill you start burning fat.. so with that being said 60 min is great!! Alot more can be done in 3 days!!

kelli32 --Having a job that keeps you moving is great!! I love bike riding.. I just don't live on the best side of town to actually ride around on. Every once in a while we get to load up the bikes and go bike riding in the park with the girls.. which is always fun because kids just don't get the exercise we used to at school anymore.... at least not yet.

" Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.":cp:

motiv8me
09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
I am learning to think positive about my choices. You may have ate the cake. We all need a little treat here and ther. Tomorrow there will be no birthday party so there will be no cake. And dont forget that you got some exercise.

Lets just say u had 1 1/2 peices of cake since you got some exercise in.

Blcarter84
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
motiv8me- GREAT Positive thinking. sometimes its hard to get over even something as mild as eating 2 pieces of cake for someone's birthday. This is a lifestyle change and as long as we aren't having cake ALL the time, its cool to snag a piece once in a while.
Belinda245- Just keep going girl! We got this in the bag. I like to imagine myself with a slim sexy body and how much everyone will look up to me for I've accomplished. It makes me more motivated to not have that big bowl of ice cream I SOOO badly want:):). I love healthy food too don't get my wrong....and when I excercise I actually CRAVE healthy food instead of garbage.

Blcarter84
09-28-2008, 08:51 PM
DAy 12- Okay so I got ready to go to the gym this morning before work and all I endedup doing was fighting with my boyfriend for over an hour. About stupid stuff of course...but then I was mad because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do which was workout and I had to get ready for work. Haven't really eaten much either. I just got home and am thinking I might go for a walk in a bit...

JamieJo
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey all - I posted my own little (need a buddy) thread but am not getting replies on it today... :( THen I saw this thread and looks like exactly what I was looking for!
Tomorrow (Monday Sept 29) is my DAY ONE! :) Anyone else just starting? I would like to get on here daily to converse with someone(s) on our next day goals and how we did today!

My starting weight is 165 and I REALLY want to be 140 by Jan 15. But I really need a buddy or two to push each other...and none of this, "Oh, it's okay if you slipped up today, tomorrow you will do better" crap - I need a drill SGT! :)

Tomorrow I want to walk on my breaks at work (two breaks, about 20 min each) and do Barry's Bootcamp DVD (lower body) in the evening. I also have planned out what I'm going to eat and would like to stick to it!

angelanicole23
09-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I want to be down to my goal of 140 by Oct 18/08 (going home for a wedding)..well approx that date..I started at 230lbs Oct 1/08..I'd love to have someone to kick me in the butt and keep me motivated....I find that I am slacking off food wise and not being so strict with myself......however I joined the gym yesterday so I am hoping that will help! Anyone out there who can keep me in line foodwise????

belinda245
09-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Blcarter84Men have moments just like us.. lol. I didn't do much today either.. after 2 nights back to back at Busch Gardens I was exhaused today. So I just stayed home and cleaned. I didn't do any exercise today but I tried my best to watch my eating. Tomorrow I am going to the gym in the morning and am going to try something new in the afternoon.. My job is 3.25 miles away from my house.. so for the first time I am going to walk home from work. my fiance thinks I will give up halfway and call him to pick me up.. but knowing me.. that weill make me want to do it no matter how tired i get.. just to prove him wrong! Hopefully if my walk goes good I will try it a few times a week. So wish me luck. :cb:

JamieJo
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Angel - First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR CRAZY WEIGHT LOSS! I can't even imagine being 140 again from my 165. I can't imagine how great you must feel about yourself right now!!

I'll help you stay in line with your food! I'll be the drill instructor! How do you want to do it? I've always found if I write down everything I eat all day long and have to tell and/or show someone my list at the end of the day, that I am more careful with what I put into my mouth that day? Want to do that?

belinda245
09-29-2008, 10:55 AM
So today I started off the week in a great mood.. and this morning I finally conquered the eliptical. I have never been able to do more than 5-10 min on it without feeling like I am dying:yay:well today I finally did 20 minutes and felt so great that I also did 30 min on the treadmill. I have set my self a goal to be 230 by halloween. Thats 14 pounds away.. but if I keep going at this pace I will do it!!!

How are you guys doing today?

Blcarter84
09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
so Day 13- Today I went and did 60 minutes on the elliptical giong 5.75 miles burning over 650 calories and I feel awesome!! Tomorrow morning is weigh in so I hope me not giong to the gym 2 days this past week doesn't effect my abiblity to lose the weight that I wanted!! *crosses fingers*

angelanicole23
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
hey jamiejo..thanks...its been quite the journey and sometimes very difficult....yep that sounds like a good idea..kind of freaks me out because in the end that makes me totally accountable for everything...hahaha...

kelli32
09-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I rode my bike to class again today- 6 miles- fitday says thats about 330 calories, not bad for just going to class. Walked the dog 2 miles and did abs on my stability ball. Finally finished that dang 12 page paper without jumping out my window! Haven't eaten a whole lot today I still have 700 calories to eat and I don't think I'm going to make it to 1200- I have no appetite for some reason. I weigh myself tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Keep it up girls it looks like you're all doing awesome!

Blcarter84
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I weight myself tomorrow and I also have no appetite today!! SOO WEIRD

JamieJo
09-30-2008, 08:33 AM
I had my hubby hide my scale and only bring it out on Sunday's. Or else I weigh myself and subconsciencly think I can treat myself if it goes down....so hopefully that will help me. It's crazy...I'm looking forward to Sunday just cuze I can't wait to see how much weight I lost! ;) haha!

Carter - How was the scale to you?

Blcarter84
09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Well I am off to the gym and then I am going to weigh myself before I go to work. Hopefully I have time to post it. I feel a little bloated though so we will see what the numbers say. My pants already fit better though so either way I am happy.

belinda245
09-30-2008, 12:39 PM
:crossed:for a great weigh in today. I went to the gym this morning and actually did 25 min on the eliptical. Everyday I try to do a little more on the eliptical.. I am going back to the gym today after work to walk for at least 60 min.

Today will be a great day.. or at least thats what the voices in my head keep telling me...haha!!:D

kelli32
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
depressing day...

didnt have class so no bike, maybe I'll ride it to the tanning salon. I'm about to eat some dinner and head to the gym around 7. I got my 30 Day Shred tape today so I'm going to go ahead and start that. My bf just informed me that I've gained some weight since we started dating and he'd appreciate if I lost it. Sweet.

Blcarter84
09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh thats just AWESOME of him to say that! Do you want me to kick him?:):) Anyways so I weighed today and I actually gained a pound so I am kind of bummed about that. But I know taht I have been working hard and maybe its muscle. My clothes do already fit alittle better. Anyways I only had time for 30 minutes today. and i had to go on the treadmill because all the ellipticals were taken. But I did an incline of 10 at 3.8 mph. I was sweating pretty good but I still like to run better. Let me know how the 30 day shread goes, I would be curious to try it in addition to wat I am doin already. Also do you need any weights or anything at home??

Blcarter84
09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay so its been 2 weeks and I am down a total of 4 lbs. Not so bad. WellI just took my measurement tonight and I am hoping that at the end of Octobe there is a significant difference at least in inches:)

ducky0224
09-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Taking measurments is a great idea. I think I will dig out my tape measure and do that myself!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/holiday/img/bar-xmasholly/snowman2/lb/250/225/244/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/bee01/lb/250/150/244/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

kelli32
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
blcarter- yes.. I do want you to kick him lol. The shred was good, I just finished it and it was a decent little workout. I rode my bike to the tanning salon, then when I got home I took the dog for a mile run (the poor guy was exhausted or we would have ran the loop again) then I went straight into the video. You do need a set of hand weights, I just bought 5 lb ones but some of the other girls on here have 3 and 5 lbs for the different workouts. I was fine to do everything with 5 but I've been weight training for awhile. I don't think I'll try to do all of that running and biking before day 2 of the video.. my calves were dying!

I forgot to weigh myself today. The reason I do it on Tuesdays is because I do my laundry at my friends house on Tues mornings and she has a scale, I refuse to buy one. Guess I'll have to wait til next week. I wouldn't get discouraged you are doing A TON at the gym for just starting and with my experience in muscle building I can almost guarantee you thats whats happening. Just think- more muscle means a bigger loss next week and weeks to come!

kelli32
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I've read in another thread some girls are just using water bottles or something like that instead of buying weights, which I can understand mine were almost $8 a peice.

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Ahh yeah I used to have 5 lb weights but I got rid of ALL of my excericise stuff when I moved...i had pilates mats and equipment, dumbells ad o on.

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Ok so today I am feeling GRRRREEEAAT! I went to the gym and ran 6.25 miles burning 725 calories! Woohoo. I can already feel my love handles melting away. There is defniitely less to pinch! Anyways I am going to try and just eat as good as I can for this month so that I can lose that 11 pounds to get under 200!

ducky0224
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Good job on the run!! I am going to get on my elliptical after my lunch of herb crusted cod and huge pile of zucchini and squash settles. I wish I had your enthusiasm.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/holiday/img/bar-snowmen/slider-xmaself/lb/250/225/244/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/bee01/lb/250/150/244/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Well are already on a role with 6lbs lost...I wish that I could put my ticker up:(

kelli32
10-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Rode my bike to classes and I decided to ride it to work too- apprx 7 miles. Ran 3 miles with the dog.. he had a lot more energy today! Day 2 of the 30 day shred.. the bf didn't have to work tonight like normal so I'll try to make room in the bedroom I don't think I want to "shred" in front of him lol

blcarter- i have no ticker yet either :(

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM
sounds like your dog is getting in shape 2

Blcarter84
10-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Ok so today I went to the gym and did 36 minutes of intense cardio and then 30 minutes of weight training on arms and legs!

kelli32
10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
my dog is a pit bull and he's only a year and a half so all this running is making his muscles huge.. not that he isn't big enough already- 100lbs! and still has at least 6 mos of growing left to do.

Yesterday I did 45 min on the treadmill, mix of interval running and incline walking. I've never sweat so much in my life and I've done much harder workouts its insane. Day 3 of the shred went well hopefully I have time today I've got friends coming in town and they always throw my schedule off. I'm going to try though!

kelli32
10-03-2008, 02:07 PM
oh and I measured my waist today.. I don't think I've measured myself since I made pajama pants in home ec my junior year of HS. Anyway- 33 inches so hopefully by the end of the 30 day shred I'll be down to 30 inches? And I'm going to San Diego over thanksgiving and I want to be close to 150 by then. Just throwing a few goals out there...

I think I got my ticker..

Blcarter84
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh sweet!! Kel you got your ticker:):) I want mine sooo badly...any day now I am sure. Anyways today I did 60 minutes on the elliptical(I always sweat a ton). I gotta go to work soon....and I really dont want to. blech

kelli32
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I had to go to Edit Signature and pick a ticker again.. you probably have to do all that because I think you joined just a day or two after I did so you should be able to have one now.

Blcarter84
10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Well regardless I can't wait to get my ticker!! Hopefully I will be able to put a lower weight on it also. Today I didn't have as much time at the gym so I ran on the elliptical doing interval weight loss circuit. Man that was tough. And then I did arms and shoulder for about 15 minutes and got all my weight lifting in. Now my arms feel like Jello!!!

kelli32
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Friday- friends peer pressured me into going out, so i didn't do the shred but I danced a lot.. A LOT.

Saturday- we had a game in the city and we stayed downtown and went out. no shred, no gym, no bike. BUT I ate a granola bar, a salmon salad and some whole wheat bread, other than that I just opted to drink my calories. It's fair to say I had a bad weekend but it could have been a lot worse- I kept my food in check at least. I danced a lot last night too (and sweat haha)and we walked to/from the hotel to the bars. My feet are in some serious pain!

Blcarter84
10-06-2008, 01:10 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun though and that it was it everything is all about...enjoying life. I didn't work out at all today, no daycare at gym and I just took it as my recuperating day. I wasn't very hungry today though and have only had 1100 calories....but yesterday after it was all said and done it was like 1900(******* homemade sugar free pie:(:( I couldn't resist) ahhh well..I have tomorrow to be super good before I weigh myself on tuesday..I better have lost some!!

kelli32
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I have class at 2.. then I'm going to the gym. My feet still have blisters on the bottom (the price I pay for a good time I guess) so I'll probably do the elliptical instead of the treadmill. I may run to the union and grab some food because I just realized I won't get out of class until 3:30 and I've only eaten 400 calories today. i need a personal assistant-a free one. I don't have a lot going on the rest of the day so i'll probably go on a bike ride or something..

probably should do a back to back double dose of the 30 day shred to make up for my naughty weekend. :) weigh in is tomorrow.. eeek

JamieJo
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Blcarter - I can't wait for my ticker too!!! :) haha!

Blcarter84
10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok so today I didn't work out. For some reason I am sooooooo tired. But I did walk down to Target and walk around for a while and then walked back home. Also ran down to get the mail and back so I did do something. I think my TOM should be here any day now!! Weigh in is tomorrow though blech

Blcarter84
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Woohoo I just got my TICKER!!

kelli32
10-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Yay! U finally got ur ticker!! I'm so excited for you. I went to the gym did 40 min of cardio and a lot of stretching. My foot blisters are healing.. YAY! I rode my bike 3 miles and nearly hit a parked car. OOPS ;) I ate really good today but my bf is making nachos right now and I must not cave. I'll just keep thinking about how i have to weigh myself tomorrow and I'll be fine.

My TOM is actually my TOY because I'm on seasonale. No bloating and no outrageous cravings every month its awesome!

kelli32
10-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I forgot to weigh myself again. I think I need a different weigh in day so that I'll actually remember. Maybe I'll just make it Wednesday. No class today so no bike, and it rained all day so I don't know that it would have mattered either way. Anyway- 30 minutes intense cardio, been working on 2 papers and have 3 tests this week (and friday is my bday!). My workouts may suffer but my goal is not to let what I put in my mouth go to crap too which is normally what would happen.

Blcarter84
10-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Wel I had to weigh myself this morning after the rough week i've had emotionally. And I am happy to sy was down 1.2 pounds...not sooo bad I guess. I went to workand then to the gym for r50 minutes of running. Tomorrow is weights day. I had to make myself eat some rice and stuff just to get some calories in for today. I am pretty depressed so I just try and think about what I want to accomplish and keep my mind busy.

Blcarter84
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I did interval running today for 30 minutes on the elliptical with high resistance and then i did weight training on my legs and butt and boy are they wobbly now.....need time to rest. what a life I live

kelli32
10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Didnt get to a scale again today.. I have one at my old house I need to call my old roomie to get it back. I was revolting but I see that I'll never weigh myself again if I don't grab it. I have been on campus all day until about 20 minutes ago. I'm half done with one paper.. and one more to go. I did ride my bike to/from and all around campus though and then my bf was walking the dog so I went on a short bike ride trying to find them. I'm getting ready to head back to the library to finish up my paper and hit the gym. Hopefully I can get at least 30 min on the treadmill before they close. Good luck with everything blcarter, running on the treadmill has gotten me through some of the most horrible times in my life, so if you can't do it all.. at least do that for yourself! You deserve it girlie good luck.

Blcarter84
10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks! I like going to the gym because it gives me time to think without anyone bothering me. I am soooooo sore today though from lifting weights yesterday. Today is cardio day and I have a feeling it is't going to be easy. But alas I must go lol. I will update once I get back.

Blcarter84
10-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Ok so today,(still feeling bloated) I got up and went to the gym and ran for 45 minutes. my legs are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sore from yesterday!! AHH hopefully I can make it through work without wanting to give up tonight. And we dont have really anything for food in the house so I am just trying to get calories by eating anything there is.

kelli32
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
At least you worked out! Its so easy to take a "rest" day when you are that sore.

I ran 30 min at the gym and rode my bike everywhere.. I seriously hardly ever drive my car anymore unless its raining. I figured around 7 miles today. My bf tried to fix me dinner last night and i couldn't even eat a half a cup of the side dish! so he had me show him the kind of stuff I can eat.. its really helped it just one day, he sees how hard I'm working and i'm thinking.. FINALLY!!!

kelli32
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I didn't work out all weekend.. unless you consider trapsing around town in heels exercise, which I guess it could be. I didn't count calories Saturday for my birthday and I still did ok except for the chinese food, which totally made my sick and I ended up throwing it up anyways. I did drink a massive amount of alcohol, I went out Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Sweet. Back OP today and there's no way I'm getting in all my calories today.

Blcarter84
10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah I didn't have such a great weekend. didn't eat much but not exactly super balanced either. Also didn't work out because I hurt my back picking up my son, must have twisted funny. Been stressing AND PMSing...yay for me! So hopefully tomorrow will start a new time.

kelli32
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I have slept a ton today I think I'm coming down with something. I did do the 30 day shred I'm starting it over at day 1 because I didn't have time to do it last week so thats my punishment lol. It's a good thing I've slept so much because I've been sooo hungry today. Anyway I'm about to go to the gym I plan on doing 30-45 min of cardio. Couldn't ride my bike cause of the rain but my bike riding will probably be less and less its starting to get cold. boo.

Blcarter84
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah its getting cold and that is no fun! I am starting to feel a little better..but my back still hurts so I am going to take today off from working out(that means 4 days without working out) I full on started my TOM and boy is that not feeling good. But even with all that going on I am exactly the same weight as last week....so hopefully that means next week will be a big loss. Or at least I can only hope! I would be curious as to how well that 30 day shred actually works.

kelli32
10-14-2008, 10:42 PM
I was busy all day with school stuff and laundry and just got home. I'm going to do the shred as soon as my bf gets done playing his stupid ps3 and then I'll probably be up all night studying for my test tomorrow. I didn't lose any weight either! I'm so frustrated I've been at the same weight since I dropped 10 lbs in the first 8 days. GRRR.. but I feel a lot stronger and my clothes feel a lot better. I guess I can't be too mad because I did go out drinking 3 nights last week.. I'll just keep working at it I guess.

I'm glad you are feeling better! it's better that you rest your back then risk hurting it even more. I just need more time i"ve been working a ton and school has been a pain. I graduate in less than 2 months tho! Then I'm down to business :)

kelli32
10-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I spent most of my day studying for my test and looking for a new job. I work at a golf course and the hours are dwindling with the weather unfortunately. I have been scheduled almost everyday this week and my manager calls me every morning to say that the course is too wet and not to come in. Not only that my bf hasn't been working either so we're dipping into our reserves and I'm so anal about that. Anyways- 30 day shred and I ate really well. I've got to wear I don't have to write my calories down I can tell pretty well by the end of the day how I've done. It saves me a ton of time!

Blcarter84
10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
i worked out super hard today and burned over 900 calories. I feel sooo much better!! Gotta get in the shower soon though. Plus I super cleaned my house.

kelli32
10-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I made my workout insane today by doing it all together. I did the shred at home and rode my bike straight to the gym, did intervals (running/incline walking) for 68 minutes WOO WEE and rode my bike back home. OMGOODNESS.. I almost fell up the porch stairs my legs were so done. I'm feeling great though and plan on doing the same thing tomorrow! I didn't have class today and I don't have it tomorrow so its giving me lots of time to be in the gym :) As far as eating, I did well except for a serving of doritos and a kitkat. I was at work and STARVING.. it was that, ice cream or a pile of fried foods. I made a sacrifice and ate the foods I crave!

Blcarter84
10-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Good job choosing the better of the worse for foods. I nkow when your starving its like you dont really have much of a choice. I haven't eatenthat much today, just dont feel hungry BUT I did go to the gym and do 45 minutes running and 35 minutes hardcore weights on my lower half. I thought my legs were going to give out when I went to go get my son lol!!

kelli32
10-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I just shredded today and did about 2 hours of hardcore mopping lol. My gym is on campus and this weekend is homecoming (so we don't have classes today) and I guess they decided to close the gym too? Losers. Anyway- I helped my friends clean this church, she was in a time crunch, and I literally mopped floors for 2 hours. My back hurts but I worked up a pretty good sweat.

Blcarter84
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I am getting ready to go to the gym and work out for today. Haven't eaten that much today again but I am sure that I will have something later to make up for it. Tomorrow a bunch of people I work with are going to the strip club and I am not sure if i am giong or not. I dont have any money but it is one of the guy's birthday and I think it would be a lot of fun.

Blcarter84
10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Ok so I did kind of an intense workout today on the elliptical. I did 10 minutes on incline 10(5 resistance) and then about every 2 minutes I upped the incline by 1 until I got to the highest(20) and then did the same thing on the way down for an hour. wooooo am I sweaty and tired now...but it felt good. I can tell that I am getting stronger and I am not nearly as out of breath. I left the resistance at 5 the whole time maybe in a couple of months I will try to do the same thing only at double the resistance....that will be super tough!

kelli32
10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Congrats on making it through that workout! I love incline walking its so much tougher than people think it is. Not only that its such a great full body workout, I can really feel it in my abs and butt.

Yesterday was homecoming- I ate really well but drank last night. I'm so glad the weekend is over for the last 3 weekends I've had stuff going on where I was drinking a lot. bday, homecoming.. but its done now! I just did the shred and I have to work at 3. The gym on campus is only open on sundays from 4-9 so I'll be at work the whole time which sucks.

Did you end up going to the strip club? I've gone twice and its not really my thing. It doesn't bother me to be there, obviously if I went a second time, I just get bored. You've seen one you've seen em all. Not only that I feel really fat looking at all those super skinny girls.

Blcarter84
10-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah I ended up going....we didn't stay long but it was lots of fun. I didn't work out at all yesterday or today...I have a ton of stressful things going on and have had a hard time eating anything. I am moving back hom to Michigan in 2 weeks.....to start over. Ugh I just can't lose everything I have.

kelli32
10-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Its good that you are going back closer to family and friends though. I'm actually really glad to hear that your moving back, you've been having a pretty stressful time lately! I'm really impressed that you've been able to work out as much as you have and still tackle this lifestyle change without completely giving up! Very inspiring.

Blcarter84
10-20-2008, 01:55 AM
I actually feel better when I work out because all my anger and frustration comes out in sweat and its my alone time. Won't be able to go to the gym once I move though. My parents live in the middle of nowhere basically!!

kelli32
10-20-2008, 06:14 PM
So does mine! Looks like you may have to get that 30 Day Shred sooner than you thought! I love it because I can do a little bit more everyday (mostly just the pushups) so you literally feel yourself getting stronger. My mom used to walk the gravel roads with weights on her ankles hahaha. What a site that was.

Blcarter84
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Well everytime I go to target they are out of the video which is kind ofa bummer...but I have some taebo which I love that I can do in the mean time. So its kind of cool and weird at the same time but the last time I was at 190 lbs I was bigger then I am now at 208. I am not big into how much I weigh but more on how I look and feel so it is cool. My pants are already getting loose on me...can't wait til I can wear my size 12's again!!!

kelli32
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't go to the gym today I was holding out for this terrible sinus headache to go away but it never did. I did, however, manage to shred and I'm under 1200 calories for today. I can't stand the thought of eating anything else so I guess its fine I didn't make it to the gym.

Blcarter84
10-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah I didn't make it to the gym either. I had a guy come and replace the window and my car and then my son was being a butt so i wasn't going to take him down there so that he could cry the whole time. Anyways I will definitely go down in the morning tomorrow...I amhoping that I can get my hair done too...can't go back home looking like CRAP!

Blcarter84
10-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Ok so I weighed in today at 207 which is a 1.8 lb loss from last week! YAY me. I also got up off my butt and went to the gym today for an hour...doing 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. My arms are jello like now...can hardly lift my hand up. lol anyways gotta go to work in a couple of hours so just relaxing until then.

kelli32
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
AHHH!! CONGRATS! Thats awesome. I didnt' do my laundry today, therefore I couldn't weigh myself (i use my friends scale) but I'll weigh on Thursday. I just want to move my ticker so bad it's been stuck at 178 for a month now.

I went to the gym and did 45 min on treadmill. My bf is supposed to be fixing my bike because he BROKE IT. We'll see how long that takes I've been really nagging him though :) I am about to write a paper and then its off to shred! I'm almost done with level 1!!

Congrats again on your 1.8!

Blcarter84
10-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Ok so I totally didn't work out AGAIN today....darn! And I made some alfredo to eat and I had some halloween sugar cookies.....But its better that then eating nothing like I have been doing. I have been sooo stressed lately that everytime I put something in my mouth I feel disgusted like it just tastes THAT bad. Anyways I am moving in about 10 days and have to pack and stuff like crazy. The JOY!!! I hope that you are down tomorrow:):) GO US:) I have to do laundry tomorrow as well....bummer I hate washing and putting away clothes...if only they could wash themselves!! lol. Lots to do lots to do so that is all for now:)

Chele615
10-23-2008, 06:20 AM
I don't mind putting the laundry in the wash...it's getting it into the dryer and then folded and away that's my problem! haha

kelli32
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Laundry has become my nemesis. I think its because I feel like I waste the entire day at my friends house.. even though its only about 4 hours, it feels like the entire day. I brought my computer though this time.. and some homework!

I am down 3 pounds!! AND I have an interview with State Street on Tuesday! I just got the call this morning, aside from the laundry this is a great day :D

I just did the shred yesterday, no gym. My bf is DEFININTELY fixing my bike today and he starts working 8 hour days again on Monday so that'll give me lots of time to go to the gym without feeling like I should be spending time wtih him (I move in December but he's staying here so we're apart.. AGAIN). Good luck packing everything.. I hate packing and I'm totally dreading moving in December :( at least this time my mom said she'd actually come up to help me so I don't have to make a bazillion trips in my little bitty car!

Blcarter84
10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
lol! Congrats on the 3 lbs....i wish by tuesday I could lose 3 lbs....but i'll be happy if I dont gain! Anyways I didn't get time to go to the gym today because they only have daycare from 9-12 and I had a work meeting. So I ended up getting off my butt and doing the 60 minutes ultimate abs tae bo video....ugh...I can hardly do some of the stuff in it but I managed to finish it this time. Lets hope tomorrow I get a chance to work out just as hard!

kelli32
10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I've been working nonstop since I woke up on Friday morning and I just woke up from a nap and I gotta go back to work.. Needless to say I haven't "worked out" but I've definently done some serious activity. and I ate at denny's.. didn't eat it all and its the only thing i've ate today so i'm not mad. I have to work tomorrow but I should be able to get a workout in, if not Monday I'm back on the grind!

I need to start doing more ab stuff, I'm notcing I'm losing inches around my waist and I want to keep it firm as I go along. Just one more thing to do in a day... blah

misstraveller
10-26-2008, 07:08 AM
I just wanted to jump in on the hating laundry thing.. I live in Italy and because the wiring the houses here is so bad, it takes me 4 hours to do a load. That's right, four hours. And its in a tiny frontloading machine. So basically I am doing laundry almost constantly, the dryer is running right now as a matter of fact. I hate it.

kelli32
10-26-2008, 11:43 PM
If it took me 4 hours to do a load of laundry I'd never get it done because I'd always forget I was doing it. I'll have to make a mental note to never move to Italy lol. I didn't make it to the gym after work, I had to go to a bridal fair with my boss instead which was awesome (not) because I knew a ton of the girls there and they were all like "Awww you and Quinten got engaged?" and I'm like no.. I'm a loser. I did do some extended extracircular activities with my not fiance though (TMI? LOL) that was probably gym equivalent. Starting tomorrow he goes back to 8 hour days so I'll be in the gym for sure. Oh, and the butthead didn't fix my bike like he promised so I'll be doing that too.

Thighs Be Gone
10-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey BL Carter! I would love some support too and could use a buddy. I just joined tonight. I noticed our stats were similar. I was a member at ObesityForums the last couple of months but things move so slowly there I just wasn't finding the support I needed. This place looks like lots more fun.

Princess
10-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Hello,
I too am trying to lose at least 20lbs. I have a 20 month old daughter and a 6 year old son. I started at 225lbs after giving birth to my daughter and am now down to 172lbs. I want to go down to at least 170lbs and it has been hard. I have a gym membership and its kind of hard to go everyday due to my HECTIC work schedule. If any one can give me advice, tips, or just support me during this HARD time, I would really appriciate it!
Oh I am 5'3".

As I said Im new to this so if anyone can give me tips about the site too it would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

Blcarter84
10-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Ok so I didnt make it to the gym today because they odnt have childcare on sundays but I am super sore from doing my tae bo yesterday!! UGH my abs are killin me. So tomorrow it is off to the gym and I have a TON of stuff to get done this week. Lets just hope that I weigh in less on Tuesday:)

kelli32
10-27-2008, 07:12 PM
We usually just post our workouts/eating on here everyday. Just so that we have to tell someone how we did and are less likely to fall off the wagon. You'll want to decide what kind of plan you are going to follow, there's advice on almost every diet on the forum, and also what kind of exercise goals you want to accomplish. Otherwise, you're welcome to post any other questions or post daily with me and BlCarter! Good luck!

I'm going to the gym at 6:30 so I'll be home before the Colts game starts, and I'm doing JM Level 2 Day 1 during halftime! I haven't eaten too bad today, my friend in class offered me a chocolate macadamian (sp?) nut cookie which I LOVE LOVE LOVE... and I didn't eat it. Wow I'm amazing.

Blcarter84
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Wow chocolate macadamia nut! that sounds sooo good. I am still not sure what I am going to have for dinner because I got out of work way earlier then I thought. I haven't worked out yet today but I am definitely going to...it's just later then usual! Well tomorrow is way in...lets hope its not a BOMB:)

kelli32
10-27-2008, 10:58 PM
I did 45 min on the treadmill.. my interval running and incline walk that I love so very much. I did 5 intervals today instead of 4.. I want to build it up to 10 before I leave for Cali. I'll be working out a lot more because my bf and I are broke as a joke and my membership is paid for the semester so I tend to spend lots of time at the gym when I don't have $ because its essentially free. I'm under on calories but I have no appetite so I guess thats just gonna have to be ok. I want to lose 11 pounds by the time I leave for Cali to make it halfway to my goal weight, gotta get my booty in gear!

Blcarter84
10-28-2008, 12:01 AM
When are you going to california?? I am hoping to lose at least another 2lbs before I move back home because I am sure that I wont be eating as healthy on the 3-4 day trip out there!! Lots of caffeine too:) As for tonight I am enjoying some wine and spaghetti(no meat) with my boyfriend since we wont be together after 6 more days:(

kelli32
10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
We're leaving the Saturday before Thanksgiving and we'll be driving back that next weekend. I'm so excited I love my bf's family they're so different from my family that it makes it so much fun.

I love burger king salads, I know that you can't really eat a salad and drive but if you decide to stop and eat they're really good and not as bad as a whopper and fries! So you two are still together? I'm not sure I got the rest of the story.. I guess I just assumed you broke up since you were moving back home. I'll be away from my bf too but not until December. We we apart for 8 months earlier this year while he was playing arena football and then he was back but I was gone for an internship. I guess we do ok apart, we'll see how it goes this time.

I had my interview today and it went awesome, I got invited back for a second interview! And I decided to get a professional hair style, I now have bangs for the first time since... I HAVE NO IDEA!

Blcarter84
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Yay for the interview!!! And I'm sure you will do great on the second one. I HATE interviews, someday though I will be able to go back to school and hopefully be a nurse...lol until then i guess!! We are still together...but wont' be for long. We love each other very much but we have to do what we have to do to make money and take care of our own kids. Its really stupid sounding but love is not everything! Enjoy your trip to california....beware of the mountains if you are driving the whole way. a lot of times they close the roads off to california because there is too much snow. Just an FYI! I have never been to california and I only live like 10 miles away...that's sad. Well I have been up to Tahoe but just a drive by.

kelli32
10-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I understand that. I love my bf but I just don't see us staying together after I move for my job. We'll only be 2 hours apart but I'll be moving on with my life and he'll be here still in school. I'm a lot more driven than he is and its really frustrating at times, I feel like I have to talk to him like he's a kid in order to get adult things across to him like not spending all of our money and that kinda stuff. We're driving through OK and going south because we're going to San Diego.. there's no way I'd drive through the mountains after the wind gusts I went through last year in CO I thought I was going to die lol. I've got a busy day I plan on working out after work we'll see how it goes! are you all packed and ready to go?

kelli32
10-30-2008, 11:41 AM
I lost another pound! But I drank a lot of beer last night so I think once my swelling goes down it may be a little more! Thats me thinking optimistically. I did run 6 miles yesterday! I was talking to some friends in the gym while I was on the treadmill the next thing I know I'd be on there for 50 minutes. Anyhow.. I'm really sore today so I'm gonna do some serious stretching.