100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Daily Plans - Week of Sept. 15 - 21

Beverlyjoy
09-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Do you need a place to put down your daily menu or plans? Maybe accountability would be helpful. Or- would you like a little extra support or a chat. Please join us here!

Beverlyjoy
09-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi Chicks...yesterday on a great on plan day. :) I am so grateful. My back is feeling better - thanks to drugs! :dizzy: The last 10 days of food have been half on and half off. I am not looking forward to getting on the scale this week at all. But, that was in the past...I am ready to move forward!

Today I am getting ready for an Art's Council showcase that is tomorrow afternoon. I have a table to show some 'things' about my storytelling programs (marketing stuff) and then 10 minutes to 'do my thing'. Although my pieces and parts aren't feeling the best, at this time I will plan on going. There will be at least 100 other performing artists there. I haven't seen them in a year.

today:

ice/heat!
gentle stretches
lots of water
log food and food values
meditation
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich open face, veggies and dip
snack - plain yogurt and no sugar jelly - a few crackers
dinner - trader joes spinach lasgana and salad with red wine vinegarette
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, fruit, milk

Mj - Did you get your nails painted (toes, too). I totally understand about the pain meds. :dizzy: You are doing so great. Carry on, friend! :D

Schmoodle - sounds like you approach the party with good tools to help you get thru. Life throws us so many food cirmcumstance to deal with. Your trip to Orlando sounds GREAT. :)

Nori - you are facing those lunches well. :) Good for you!!!

Ginger - so glad you are feeling a bit better. :D

Hi to Lyn and Rhonda. Have a good day,everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Good morning, Friends!

As of today, I'm becoming accountable again. I promise that I'll be here each day as a partner on this journey.:hug:

Beverly - Enjoy your Art's Council and seeing your old friends.

Yesterday, I went to the fitness center for the first time. We've had the membership for about a month now and I've never stepped one foot inside the door. I warmed up a bit on the elliptical. I'd never been on one. That thing is tough! I'm determined to conquer it in the next few months. I began my strength training program. I haven't used weights in over 3 years. I left the center feeling shakey and somewhat nauseous. I really had no idea how out of shape I have become. :dizzy: A friend recommended I take a warm apple cider vinegar bath to offset any soreness. Today, I'm not sore....but, it is early yet. Typically, I feel the soreness on the second day afterward.

Today, I have my Daily Plate page up and going. I've decided to go back to calorie counting, but will continue to eat the SB way. Today's goal is 1600 calories. I'll also be hitting the treadmill at some point during the day. Today is a bit off schedule for me as I'll be working 1/2 day then going to the endocrinologist this afternoon. I have goiters that must be checked out periodically. Hopefully, they have remained the same and I won't have to go on thyroid medicine.:crossed:

Hope each of you have a great on-plan day.

mj5
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone! I was SUPER busy today, so I didn't have time to check in. I'll catch up w/ everyone tomorrow.

Rhonda--The elliptical still kicks my butt...good for you!!!

mj5
09-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Ok, so I am waiting for the grill to heat up, so I'm back already!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a great OP day and for your back feeling better! The scale is just a #. Have fun tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully if you can rest up today, you will feel better by tomorrow! I painted my fingernails, but not my toes--they still look ok. Thanks!

Rhonda--So glad to see you back! Like I said before--great job on the elliptical!!! Hope the appt went well.

Ginger--How are you feeling? Did you make it to the gym?

Lyn--How are you?

Schmoodle--What up?

Hi to anyone else who pops in!

Today was really good food wise. I did my planned workout, so another sticker for me!!! Ok, I need to get dinner on the grill...we are eating super late tonight and I don't like that!

kissingginger
09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Ladies:

Today was supposed to be my first day back at the gym. Derailed again! I was fine this morning, ate my eggs and veg and then off to have a shower when I got a very quick stiff neck, then severe pain...finished the shower, took an advil, writhed in pain, then decided to take a tylenol 2 with codeine, went back to bed, and then sure enough got sick (yuck!) and now finally after two hours of sleeping, I feel sorta-normal.

I have no IDEA where this came from. Seriously! I still have this evening to go, but after needing DH to watch the kids most of the day, and then grandma for the other part of the day, I can't really justify it...plus I am not feeling great (a little shaky).

Girlygirl - great job getting back to the gym, I'm right behind you, I promise.

Beverlyjoy - 100 other artists ! Wow - you lead such an exciting life it seems.

Mj5- thanks for checking in on me....as you can see , I did not hit the gym :( I'm actually sad about this.

Here's to tomorrow,
Ginger

mj5
09-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Good Morning!

Ginger--You will get to the gym. You have to feel better first. Can't wait to hear all about it when you can go.

I am down 2lbs this week and yesterday was day 14 op, so I can use my new purse! I am SO excited!! I found it on SUPER bargain at Kohl's for $5, so that makes it even better! I'll switch over tonight when I get home from work. I don't know what it is, but I always have fun "moving in" to a new purse. Guess I need to get out more...LOL!

Work is getting interesting....things are moving along on our plans for reconfiguring and while no one is coming out and saying anything, I am being asked to be involved in things that I normally wouldn't be (would normally be an upper management type thing). I am going to try to talk to my supervisor, w/out putting her on the spot to see if this is b/c they are thinking that my promotion is back 'on the table' so to speak. I really hope so! That would be awesome!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Hi to everyone else! I really need to start getting ready for work! I'll check back later!

Beverlyjoy
09-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Chicks....I stayed in my calorie range yesterday and op. :) I am grateful.

Today is the showcase for the Arts Council. I had Alexandra come and load up the car with my things (she's a wonderful helper). I need to practice and I'll leave about 1pm.

for today:

meditation (done!)
lots of water - early
gentle stretches
log food
PMA

breakfast - turkey sandwich with mustard and tomato, grapes
snack - latte
lunch - kashi waffle, egg white scramble, boca bacon, npnb
snack - banana
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese, green bean salad
snack - oatmeal, raisins, almond butter, milk

Mj - two more pounds and 14 days OP. :carrot::carrot: You rock. That's wonderful! Enjoy that purse!!!!

Ginger - Oh no...sorry to hear about the neck pain. :hug: I know this is frustrating...one thing after another. But, take care of it and it will heal. You will be able to get back to the gym in a bit. Concentrate on trying to eat well - do the best you can. I am glad you have some help with the children.

Rhonda - so glad you're back to posting! :D : Sounds like you've got all your tools and things ready to move forward. You CAN do this...I just know it.

Schmoodle - Hi! :) hope all is well. We missed you yesterday.

Shout out to Lyn & Nore - and all other folks that stop by. To all folks, join us. It's helpful.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning, Friends!

I stayed within my calorie range yesterday. I'm finding that I enjoy using Daily Plate. I usually just track calories on an excel spreadsheet which is kinda boring...no little pie charts, etc.:) Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment in the same city as Whole Foods. I enjoyed the opportunity to drop by and pick up some of my favorites and to try some new items. I bought a new multi-vitamin for menopausal women. Wonder if it will magically make me feel like Wonder Woman? :chin: I also picked up some more greek yogurt and some Apple-Cherry sauce and Apple-Blackberry sauce. Last night, Paul and I had the apple cinnamon chicken sausage. Oh my...that was delish! It's a good thing I don't live near Whole Foods. I'd be in the poor house.

Hi Chicks....I stayed in my calorie range yesterday and op. :) for today:
Great job!

I am down 2lbs this week and yesterday was day 14 op, so I can use my new purse! ! Congratulations! Enjoy your purse.

Ginger - How are you feeling today? I hope you have a much better day.

My plan for today: To get back on the treadmill and re-start my running program.

Have a great on-plan day!

mj5
09-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi again! It is a gorgeous fall day here! I LOVE fall weather!

Beverlyjoy--How did it go today? I am so glad that your helper could help!!!

Ginger--I totally agree w/ Beverlyjoy--concentrate on what you can do right now.

Rhonda--I have a visual of you in the Wonder Woman outfit!!! Mmm, I wish we had a Whole Foods near us, but I would probably be broke too...

Schmoodle--Hope things are ok...did you get hit by all the wind the other night? I know a lot of people around here are still w/out power.

Ok, I need to finish my lunch and get back to work!

kissingginger
09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Ladies,

I felt great today (I say felt, because now I'm drained...) but, I went to the GYM, dropped the kiddies off at preschool and actually went to the gym. It was great. The people were nice, it was not busy, so I didn't have to sign up for machines, or try to get people off them. I forgot my IPOD (doh!) which I was bummed about, but in retrospect, it was a good thing, I would have worked myself much, much harder. Being there, and having two whole hours, is like a dream come true. I did a bit of elliptical, then 40 minutes walking on the treadmill, some ab work, then stopped for a snack (it was 10am ish, and I ate breakfast at 730am). Then on the spin bikes, which I loved.

Of course, I picked up the kids, met an old friend for lunch with the kids, took them to the park, got groceries with them, and now it's 4pm, and I STILL have to make dinner. Am I ever tired!

But I DID it, and I'm proud of that.

Cheers, Ginger

mj5
09-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Good Morning! I was up super early this am, so I did a WATP dvd. That actually works out well b/c I have to work late tonight and then have some errands to run. I was going to go to the gym too (and I still might), but if I don't at least I did a 30 min dvd this am.

Ginger--I am so proud of you! And better yet, you can hear how happy and proud you sound in your post!!! Great job!!!!

I 'moved in' to my new purse last night and I love it! I have decided to change my next reward a little bit. I am still going to get the mani/pedi--but it is going to be a bday treat to myself on the weekend before my bday. I have been working really hard lately (at work) and really haven't taken much 'me' time other than at the gym. Besides, I am trying to keep my 'rewards' to less expensive things so I don't spend too much $!! My revised reward is going to be a new nailpolish. I am going to buy it tonight.

Ok, I need to get ready for work...now that I am actually doing something w/ my hair and spending a few extra mins on my makeup, it takes me a little longer to get ready!

Have a great OP day! I'll be back later!

Beverlyjoy
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi Chicks! - Yesterday was a fun day. I saw many folks at the showcase that I hadn't seen in a year. Many noticed my weight loss...one person said that they didn't recognize me at first. (that I find hard to believe - but, that's what she said). It went well. It was not well attended by teachers and community because we've had major power outages here in Central Ohio and most schools and many things were closed. I think I made a couple of contacts. I didn't get home until close to 8pm. I did eat a banana at 4pm. I was overtired and hungry and ended up overeating.

Also, my weight is up another couple of pounds. In the last ten days...it's half on plan and half off plan. I will try to carry on and get the numbers down next week. My usual MO for when I start to gain weight is to disassoicate from any kind of support group...kind of hide away. But, I know one thing...the folks in this thread or 3fc aren't going to think any less of me because I am struggling or gaining. I don't have to 'run away' . In the last year...I think I have grown. It was so hard to get on that scale....to face that number. I KNOW I can turn this around.

For today:

getting back on my plan - with no overeating at night

lots of water
stretches
log food
meditation

breakfast - cheese toast, applesauce
lunch - Wendy's Chili
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, turkey sausage
sliced tomatoes
snack - oatmeal, fruit, almond butter, milk

MJ - new nail polish sounds great! Enjoy your new purse. So glad you got the DVD workout in this AM. Starts the day out right! Go girl.

Ginger - you did great yesterday. I am so, so glad you went to the gym and had your workout - as I know it's one of your goals. Take it easy and try to pace yourself. Glad you are feeling so much better.

Rhonda - it's great that you got some fun healthy foods at WFs. It helps to make your plan tasty and interesting. Glad that the Daily Plate log makes it fun too.

Hi to Schmoodle, Lyn and all others that stop by.

Have a great day.

Schmoodle
09-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi chicks, sorry I have been out of touch. Things have been hectic around here and I had to travel to NJ yesterday for a meeting - long day of driving. I'm fine though and staying on-plan for the most part, even yesterday - I packed most of my food and only stopped once for a sugar-free Starbucks pick-me-up on the way home. The scale is friendly this week. I'm going to wait until my official weigh-in day of Saturday before I move my ticker, but I am looking forward to at least a couple of pounds down. Good incentive to stay on-track the rest of the week!
I've gotta run, need to do some banking and return my rental car this morning as soon as I take DD to school. I'm also hoping I don't have to run a hamster to the vet today. I'll be back to catch up later on.
Hope you are all well.
In the meantime, my plan for the day:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: BBQ chicken and veggie wrap
S: skim latte, apple with almond butter
D: beef and veg stew
S: yogurt with grape jelly

mj5
09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi again! Today is flying by, which is nice, but I have lots to do!!! Deep breath, one thing at a time....

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great time yesterday! Yes you can turn this around. I KNOW you can!!!!

Schmoodle--I totally forgot you mentioned going to NJ! Yea for a friendly scale!

I have decided not to go to the gym, but to take the dogs for a walk after my errands. It is SO gorgeous outside!!

mj5
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
note to self....on a day when you know you are going to be working late, do NOT get up extra early and workout!!! LOL! The good news is, I felt great for most of the day, the bad news is, I was really tired by the end of the day. I should sleep really well tonight! Off to make the grocery list!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Friends,

Today has been on-plan day 3. I'm still tracking my calories on the Daily Plate. Today was also my second day of my beginning running program. I've re-started this about 2 other times. I'm fiercely planning on really doing it this time. Sticking with the program will enable me to run for a straight 60 minutes in 13 weeks. I'm hoping the increase of cardio will really ramp up the weight loss. I'm fighting the menopause thing and I feel like it really makes weight loss difficult.

Beverly - How exciting that your weight loss was noticed!
Schmoodle - I'm so glad to hear that the scales are smiling for you.:)
MJ- Sleep well!

It's time for me to eat some dinner and watch some TV. I've not yet watched our recording of the Big Brother finale.

Hope everyone has a great evening. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Beverlyjoy
09-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi chickala's....Yesterday was a good OP day :) ...YAY...I am grateful. Today I have an appointment today at 9am. Then I have no work commitments. I need to clean the house. :( I let things get extra messy as I prepared for the showcase. Tonight I am going out to dinner with a friend and her kids to Beef O'Brady's.

lots of water
meditation
stretches
log food
PMA

Breakfast - kashi waffle with pnb, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato, spaghetti squash with parm
snack - yogurt and cereal
dinner - out - I checked online - Mandarin Chicken Salad (grilled teryaki chicken, almonds, Mandarin oranges on lettuce- I'll skip the dressing)
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, raisins,milk

Well...it's about 10 days until we go on vacation :) - we are driving to Cape Cop on Sept. 27. I really want to be solid OP til then- so I can start my vacation in a good strong place with food instead of a shaky place.

Rhonda - yippee- three days op are awesome. :D I am so glad to hear it ! I love hearing your determination - yes, you CAN do it. (don't even think about the past times of starting again - no negative self talk! ) Menopause :dizzy:- I like to call it "my own personal summer". I had a few tough years...it's actually getting better. I take Estrovan - doctor suggested it. See if your doctor thinks it might help.

Schmoodle - glad you're back safe and sound - "friendly scales". :) ..we love that. How's the hamster?

Ginger - hope you are doing well. :)

Mj - sounds like you've been super busy. Good for you...getting in your workout, work, life, and more ... AND staying OP. YAY. :)

Have a great day.

Schmoodle
09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi chicks,
It is a beautiful day here, nothing exciting on my plate, just another attempt at getting things done and running kids around. Tomorrow they have off school, so they are both in pretty good moods today. The hamster is hanging in there. I didn't think I was a big fan of hamsters, we kind of ended up with this batch, the mom was given to my DD and immediately gave birth. We ended up keeping 4. They are cute little guys and gals, and have more personality than I expected. I'd hate to see them all come down with something fatal. DD would be devastated. She takes really good care of them and plays with them every day.

Menu:
B: oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee with milk
S: hard boiled egg, cheese stick
L: chicken and veggie wrap
S: skim latte, apple with natural peanut butter
D: seafood quiche, salad
S: bean brownie

Have a good one chicks, I'll BBL!

mj5
09-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Good Morning! I slept super good last night! It's a good thing b/c I have to go to a meeting w/ our Deputy Director this afternoon and help w/ a presentation!

Rhonda--So day will be day 4, right? That is gret that you are doing the running program!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a good day yesterday! Wanna clean my house too? Did you get hit w/ the wind in Ohio last night? Ooh, Cape Cod, I have never been there, but I hear it is beautiful. Thanks! Yea, sometimes I function better when I am busy...it makes me stay more focused and structure my time better.

Schmoodle--Hope the hamsters are still doing ok!!! It's gorgeous here too. I LOVE fall...I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't do well w/ the humidity of summer...

My knee is sore this am....I am hoping it is just a fluke and not a sign that the injection didn't work it's magic this time. Yesterday I called and made myself a mani/pedi/eyebrow wax appt and a hair appt--they aren't until next week and the week after, but I can't wait!!!! I need some 'take care of mj' time and I think some pampering at the nail salon and hair salon will be just what I need!!

Have a great OP day!

kissingginger
09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey ladies,

I'm doing great. I did 20 minutes of walking yesterday (nothing spectacular) but I wanted to do something low-key after my first day of working out which was tuesday. So today, I hit the gym full of energy and managed some weight training, ab work, squats (with a BALL!) and I did about 1.5 hours of cardio.

I FEEL GREAT. I need a shower though....I picked up the kids straight after the gym, then off to the park with their preschool friends and had a picnic lunch and now...it's 3pm.

Okay, I'm off...gotta get dinner and my act together soon, practice piano with the kids and etc. etc.

Cheers, Ginger

Beverlyjoy
09-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi chickies - I stayed on my plan yesterday (3days op) :) - I am grateful. My neighbor and summer helper, Alexandra, came over last night and we watched the Music Man. I love musicals and so does she. It was fun.

Today is a quiet day. We will have company tomorrow night - family from out of town as we have a family wedding to go to tomorrow. Should be fun. My cousins daughter, they are Irish, is marrying an Italian young man. This will be a lively wedding, for sure!

Yesterday I got my order from Blair - a demin jumper, blue guaze skirt, a pretty light aqua sweatshirt, a vest with lighthouses on it and two blouses. The good news is that none of them were Plus Size. That is a major happy thing. They were all extra large....but, that's terrific! YAY. :D

home today

stretches - done!
meditation - two times - one is done
lots of water
log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, peanut butter, strawberries
snack - latte (General Food International Coffee - 30 calories of yummy)
lunch - healthy choice split pea and ham soup, tomatoes
snack - yogurt & cereal
dinner - sloppy joes on lite bread, spaghetti squash with parm.
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, cinn, 1/2 banana, milk

Hi Ginger - I am so, so glad you got your workout in and are feeling better. You've had a wonderful, productive day. :D Love it.

Mj - yes, Central Ohio was hit very hard my the remnents of the hurricaine. :( About 600,000 people were without power. At the beginning of the week...all the school systems were closed. Most are open again. At least we didn't have the rain or flooding, like in Texas, etc. Those folks have such a hard circumstance to face. Sorry to hear your knee is still hurting. :hug: I hope it's just the injection and not the knee. Hope your presentation went well. :)

Rhonda - have fun tracking and moving!! :D

Schmoodle. - sounds like things are moving forward well. :) Hope the hamsters are OK - who knew that had little personalities!!! ;)

Hi to everyone that stop by - join in for a little chat and extra support.

mj5
09-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Good Morning!

Ginger--Great job!!! Keep it up, I know you can!

Beverlyjoy--Congrats!! The wedding sounds like it is going SO much fun! Can't wait to hear about it. YEA for no plus sizes!!!! I know what you mean about the hurricaines. I cannont imagine how terrible it would be to go through it in the first place, but to potentially lose everything....guess I better not complain about snow and cold anymore!

I just ordered two pairs of jeans from Old Navy (they are having a 20% off sale and free shipping) in a size 16! They won't fit yet, but VERY soon....It's really hard to believe. I know ON jeans can run a bit big, but that's ok, it does wonders for my ego!!!!

Have a great OP day!

Schmoodle
09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Happy Friday morning accountability chicks!
Another cool, beautiful, and busy day here. The only problem with fall is knowing the farmer's markets will be closing, which does make me sad.

BeverlyJoy and mj, congrats on the clothes NSV! Those are the best! And no more plus sizes is awesome. I still head straight for Lane Bryant when I go shopping, then have to stop myself and remember I don't need to shop there anymore. In a funny way, I kind of miss it, I guess because I feel kind of lost in the regular section. I don't really know what size to go for or what will look good, and I have to try things on, which I HATE. I went to Old Navy last winter looking for jeans and thought their sizing was really weird, big stuff cut small, and small stuff cut big, but nothing that actually fit my shape.

BJ, sounds like you have a large and very close family, what fun!

mj, I ordered a bunch of new flavors of sugar free coffee syrups, and I've been using those as my rewards. I get to "unlock" a new flavor with each pound. I've opened one so far, and I think I'll get two more tomorrow. I think I will choose coconut and banana and try to come up with some kind of tropical treat concoction. Three left after that and I'll have to come up with something new.

ginger, good for you! Sounds like you are really working! I'm proud of you and envious of your motivation. I could use a little of that myself.

I haven't checked the hamster yet this morning. I'm afraid to, not sure what to do for her if she's not better, my vet does not treat them. So far the others seem fine.

Today:
B: veggie omelet, coffee with milk
S: apple slices, piece of cheese, RF triscuits
L: chicken and spinach wrap on ww tortilla
S: skim latte and a bean brownie
D: veggie moussaka, salad
S: yogurt with half a banana, nuts, and agave nectar

mj5
09-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi again!

Schmoodle--How's the hamster? It was a gorgeous fall day here too and I am very sad to think about the farmers markets ending. I have been able to save so much $ this year (and been able to eat really well!)...Ooh, great idea for the flavors as a reward! I am also very confused by 'regular' stores...but I'll get used to it fast!!! For me, Old Navy jeans are the only ones where I can get the right lenght--normally petite are too short and regular length is too long. I can buy ON's 'short' and they are perfect.

Ok, I need to get dinner going. Have a great night!

Schmoodle
09-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh my goodness, we seem to have a hamster with an inner ear infection. We took her to the vet this afternoon and $50 later we have 5 little syringes of antibiotic that should clear up the problem. I keep thinking I could have bought 10 hamsters for that amount of money, but maybe now the poor little thing can stop turning in circles and falling over.

kissingginger
09-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Hi Ladies!

I'm doing great, another gym day under my belt. :carrot: I ate well at a family luncheon, and then managed the snackies at 3pm with blueberries and carrots. Just before dinner I did cave and ate a handful of chocolate chips - but hey, no one's perfect. I realize that, and I've accepted it, and I moved on. I've had a great night, no snacking, and lots of decaf tea and water.

My energy levels are higher, and I'm feeling good. Tomorrow I have some priorities - gym first, then groceries, then cleaning at home. My house work has really suffered and I don't think there's a clean dish in the house and the laundry piles will take me at least two hours to fold tomorrow. Bummer. I'm drinking water out of a tea mug right now. Good grief!!!

Schmoodle--yikes! hope your hamster is feeling better (I'm trying to sound genuine, and I DO care because I know you care...but critters give me the heebie-jeebies --I can't help it!)....Here's sending you some motivation vibes your way.....

Girlygirl- on plan for 3 days is awesome! How are you doing today? Hang in there....

Mj- how's your knee? I know those 16's will fit you soon! (slightly jealous, but SO proud of you!)

Did I miss anyone? Lyn, Nori --hope you guys are doing great as well!

Cheers,
Ginger

mj5
09-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Good Morning!!! I am up early, but today, it's a good thing--lots to do today...dh is off taking a Civil Service test, I know he is going to do well, but there are like 200 people taking the test YIKES! If nothing else, it gets his name on the list and who knows...he may get offered a job at some point. He likes his current job, but this would be much better hours and more $.

Schmoodle--Oh my! I hope the hamster is better! I'm w/ ginger, I'm not a 'creature' person, but certainly hope s/he is feeling better!!!

ginger--You are doing fantastic! I have lots to do here too and I totally forgot that I offered to help my gm clean up her yard from the wind storm we had here last week....oh well, it will all get done somehow! Don't be jealous, we can keep each other motivated, this is my danger zone--I do really well, then get over-confident and figure I can let things slide a bit. Luckily, I am SUPER aware of it this time! We can keep each other in check! My knee is still sore, which I am NOT happy about!

I have some cleaning done already this am which is good. As I said to ginger, I totally forgot that I offered to help my gm clean up her yard today--that is after I 'yelled' at her (ok, not really yelled...) for working too hard on it herself. She's 80 years old and does NOT need to be doing all that work herself!!! Good news is, it will be great exercise and it is supposed to be gorgeous today, so great excuse to be outside!

Then I am making dh lasagna for his bday dinner. I LOVE Italian food, but luckily, that is not one of my favorites, so no worries. I am also making it as healthy as I can w/ whole wheat noodles, part skim ricotta, and things like that. I only bought a little bit of bread for the garlic bread--that is my downfall!!! But overall it shouldn't be bad.

Rhonda, Lyn, Nori, and everyone else who pops in--hope you are doing well!!!

Have a great OP day!!!

My knee is still sore and it shouldn't be at this point. I am going to wait a while longer before I call the ortho again. Hopefully it will resolve itself. Not likely, but a girl can hope....

Beverlyjoy
09-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi chicks....I stayed on my plan yesterday :) - I am so grateful. (that's four days in a row...yay :D)

Last night DH and I went to our neighbor's twins (Adam and Katherine turned two) birthday cupcake party. It was so much fun. They have a bouncey house - all the neighborhood kids and families were there who play with the twins. I had a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream (less that 1/4 cup) and passed on the chocolate cupcake. We have such a wonderful neighborhood it's a real blessing.

As I mentioned yesterday -today we have a big family wedding to attend. Folks will be coming from out of town to stay with us. My husband's cousin's daughter - they are Irish - Megan is the bride. (DH is German and Irish) She is marrying into a big Italian family - Dominic is the groom. This should be a fun, lively wedding! I don't know what they will serve - I do figure there will be salad - I'll eat with no dressing and do the best I can with the rest. (eat thought out amounts, etc) I'll eat a big lettuce salad before I go so I am not overly hungry when I get there. One bite of DH's cake should be enough.

Breakfast - cereal with strawberries and skim milk, egg white scramble with ketchup
Lunch - turkey sandwich open face, spaghetti squash with parm
snack - cheese, big lettuce salad with red wine vinegarette
dinner - the wedding - I"ll try to make sane healthful choices
snack - almond butter on lite toast, a few strawberries

Lots of water
stretches
meditation - done
log food
PMA

Schmoodle...yes, between DH and I we do have a big family full of warm loving people (mostly - there's always a few you could live without).
Oh goodness gracious...your hamster has an inner ear infection :dizzy: - I've never even thought of such a thing in a hamster. I know it seems like alot of money - but, the things we do for our children's happiness (and the hamster's) are important. Sorry the farmer's market is closing. :(

MJ - congrats on getting pants you like with no shipping. This will be a good incentive!!! :)

Ginger - I love hearing that you are finally feeling well enough to get your gym time in. That's wonderful. Sounds like you are on your way. :D

Hi to Rhonda, Lyn, Nori and anyone else to stops by.

Have a GREAT day. :D

GirlyGirlSebas
09-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Good morning, Friends!

I'm awake far earlier than typical for me on the weekend. I've been invited to a spa/products party at noon. Fun fun! Afterward, I will be taking the DDs out to shop some more for Dad's B-day. We found some great items last night, but youngest stayed home with a horrible headache. Today, we'll go out so she can pick out something special from her.

MJ - Enjoy your day in the sunshine.:sunny:
Beverly - Enjoy your day with family and friends. I know that you can handle the many food temptations that will surround you.
Ginger - I'm so glad your energy levels have improved and your feeling better.:hug:

Last night, we stopped at Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. I had the salad bar with tons of fresh veggies with low fat balsamic vinegar dressing...no pasta salad :) ...and some grilled shrimp. I was proud of myself. I must confess to not getting any intentional exercise for the last two days. Sometime today, I will get on the treadmill. So far, the scales are smiling for my weigh-in on Monday. I must do everything I can to keep up the momentum and continue losing each week.

Have a great on-plan day and enjoy your weekend.

Schmoodle
09-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi chicks, it's a lovely day here and I have spent the morning running around erranding. The kids are at horseback riding lessons right now and when they get back I think we'll all get out and do some yard work. Maybe a visit to the park later and a cookout dinner. As always, there is a long to-do list for the weekend!

I lowered my ticker 3 lbs. this morning and "unlocked" two new syrup flavors as a reward. I am going to do some kind of pina-colada-y smoothie for my snack this afternoon to celebrate. I hit a milestone with these 3 lbs, I move from "obese" to "overweight" according to BMI! I started out as "morbidly obese", have been working my way through obesity for the last 69 lbs., and now finally, I'm just plain fat, like most of the rest of America. Woo-hoo! Okay, 30 lbs. more and I can call myself "normal". At least for weight!

Rhonda, great job at Ruby Tuesday's!! Hope you treat yourself to some nice spa treats.
BeverlyJoy, my favorite Farmer's Market lady told me this morning was the last day for her fresh beans and some other things, very sad. However I noticed lots of cool weather stuff returning - spinach and greens, etc., so there will be stuff to enjoy for a while yet!
mj, take it easy on the knee. Happy birthday to DH!
Ginger, I was not crazy about the idea of rodents as pets either, but DD has done a great job taking care of them, and they have grown on me. They're cute little buggers. A few chocolate chips never hurt anybody. I firmly believe a girl has to have her chocolate every now and then!

Have a good one girls, gotta run and get the kids, almost forgot my plan for the day!
B: ww turkey and spinach wrap, coffee with milk
L: veggie beef stew, salad, apple
S: tropical smoothie
D: warm spinach salad, turkey mignon
S: fudgesicle

I'm drawing a blank, be back to finish that one later!

mj5
09-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi. Just playing with my new phone! Chat with you tomorrow!

mj5
09-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday I did over 2 hours of yard work--that really works some different muscles, doesn't it?! Then dh ran some errands--we upgraded our cell phones. Now, I never thought of myself as much of a 'gadget' person, but it turns out I am!!! I now have a cute little pda/phone. I LOVE it already! We even stopped and bought the 'girls' some special dog chewies because today is Ellie-Mae's birthday--she is 5 already. Hard to believe we have had her that long! They are healthy treats too....sweet potato chews....

Today some friends are going to stop over, but no big plans for us. I want to rest my knee, I probably over did it a bit yesterday, but I didn't want my gm to do too much, so I tried to get as much done as I could for her.
Rhonda--Hope you had fun at the spa party! Great job at Ruby Tuesdays!!! Get on that treadmill!!!!!

Schmoodle--Fantastic!!! Great job w/ 3lbs down! How was the smoothie?

ginger--How are you doing?

Beverlyjoy--How was the wedding?

Ok I really need some coffee!!!

chat w/ you later!

kissingginger
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Morning everyone,

I'm doing great, hit the gym yesterday again. It was a good workout. Today I am going to rest my muscles but hit the treadmill for 20-30 min. for a short walk and do lots of housework.

Mj5- cool - a new phone..I read your post last night, but was too tired to answer. Great job helping your grandma, that's such a nice thing to do.

Girlygirl- hope you had fun yesterday!

Schmoodle- hey "overweight" lady! That must feel good!!! Yes, a few choc. chips never hurt anyone!!!

Beverlyjoy - how was yesterday at the wedding? Hope you had a good time. You sure have lots of social engagements and such, I don't know how you manage it AND lose weight.

Brrr...its getting cold in the house, I should go and get my housework done!

Cheers, Ginger

mj5
09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Ginger--Wanna finish my housework too? I usually use Sunday as my *rest day* from exercise too...thanks, my grandmother is an awesome lady, she has done so much for me (and everyone else in my family), I would do anything for her. She was always the 'cool' gm too....she used to watch Mtv and soap operas w/ us after school (when we were 'old enough' of course!).....she and my grandfather used to serve us "breakfast on a tray"--I have very fond memories of poached eggs on toast cut into itty bitty pieces w/ a piece of egg on every tiny piece of toast! Anyway, she is the best...and she still serves the great-grandchildren on that same tray! The best part w/ the phones was dh's was free and mine was only $20 w/ the upgrage credit.

We are having kind of a lazy day, today. It's grey and damp-ish, so I am thinking about grabbing a blanket, the dogs and finding a movie to watch.

Beverlyjoy
09-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Chicks! I made it thru the wedding and stayed in my calories range. :cb: (to my best guestimate) wow - I am so grateful.

The wedding was GREAT fun. The ceremony was very nice, the reception was a blast, and it was great to see family I don't get to see often enough. The dinner was a dressed salad, a plate of a small steak, stuffed chicken breast, rice and veggies on the side. I ate the steak, pulled the skin off the chicken and had few bites, ate just a few bites of the salad and veggies and skipped the rice. During the cocktail hour I had two small plates of cold steamed asparagus. After dinner, I had a bite of the cake and a couple bites of the lemonchello (Italian ice cream). I was so proud of myself. And...lots of folks commented on my WL and asked how I did it.

Today is quiet. Out of town family is gone. DH is watching the Ryder Cup and were just hanging out.

Plans:
lots of water
log food
meditation
stretches
PMA

breakfast - peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - egg white scramble with cheese, boca bacon, peanut butter toast
snack - smoothie
dinner - tuna with crackers, spaghetti squash
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Schmoodle - being just overweight is fantastic. :flow1::bravo::flow1: Yippee and good for you. All your hard work is paying off!!!!! Congrats!

Ginger - so glad to hear you've gotten in your workout again. :)That's terrific. Yes, we do go out alot and see friends, family etc. Ya know....I am finally kinda learning how to face these situations and have sanity with food alot of the time.

MJ- :strong:You betcha....yard work certainly does count as exercise. Great. Enjoy your new pda. I am a bit 'challenged' in that area....but, am making progress bit by bit. I LOVE your dog's name. Ellie Mae is a great name. What kind of a dog is she? Take care of your knee.

Rhonda - what did you get at the spa party. Sounds like fun. GREAT job at Ruby Tuesday. :cheer: You've been doing great....yes, I hope the scales smile, too.

Have a GREAT day everyone. :D

mj5
09-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Beverlyjoy--I am SO proud of you. You did fantastic at the wedding. You deserved each and every one of those compliments (and more!) I am really glad you had a good time! I'm still a bit challanged w/ technology, but I'm learning! Luckily, when I get stuck I can call my younger brother! (or his 11 year old!) Both Ellie-Mae and Casey are beagles. They are super-sweet and spoiled, but mostly sweet and both love to snuggle. I swear sometimes they act like people trapped in dog's bodies. It's funny, but their personalities are quite different--Ellie-Mae is VERY sensitive and Casey can be kind-of prissy.

Cute dog story...this morning I had the 'girls' outside and one of our newer neighbors came walking by w/ her toddler in a stroller. She stopped to chat and said that she had beagles growing up. She asked if she could let her son see the 'girls'. I told her they are friendly, but they might jump up. They have 2 big dogs at their house, so she said not a problem. The baby LOVED the 'girls' and my 'girls' LOVE kids. Then they left to finish their walk and we came back inside. A little while later, Casey was insistent we go back outside....all she wanted to do was sit at the end of the driveway and "look" for her new friend. It was SO cute!!!!! We see them outside quite a bit, so that will make everyone happy!