South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning Coffee & Chat

Coffee's brewing and I'll even put the kettle on for anyone who wants it.

It's so hot and humid that it's unreal! My body doesn't want to move in the thick air. The weatherman is promising all that is going to start changing for us, and it can't come soon enough. In the meantime, I'm sitting here with the doors and windows open, trying to catch a breeze. Jake got enthusiastic last week after several weeks of cooler weather and took the air conditioners out.

This morning I have some banking to do and I want to scrub the kitchen floor, but that's all that's on my agenda. I don't think my girls have any activities scheduled for after school, so we'll take it as it comes and find something fun to do.

Thank God that Ike is out of here and now life can slowly get back to normal for our girls. It doesn't look like any more storms are looming on the horizon for now.

Here's hoping it's a good day and great week!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:11 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage...I'm two cups ahead of you!! Early day for me...got up at 3:30.
Hope the banking and floor scrubbing goes smoothly. With all of the storms down here and the puppies, it's been constant floor scrubbing. Thanks goodness we have air condition again...with all of the humidity, the floors would not dry and we walked in yuk for days.

I am going to be teaching some stuff on Philadelphia this week! Tomorrow is "Constitution Day" and I have a week of activities planned on it...we are going to find Philly on a map and visit some sites about the city. The constitution is kind of "weighty" for second graders.

Looks like my MIL may be here for 2 weeks...right now that's how long it may be till they get power at their house in Houston. Found out yesterday that my neice in law's parents house got smashed to bits by a big tree...pretty much cut in half...very expensive house in a very ritzy neighborhood...good thing they have good insurance. ouch!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-15-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

All we have here is light rain and a slightly cooler day, thank heavens! I ended up putting on the AC yesterday afternoon. Of course, roasting a chicken wasn't helping the temperature in the kitchen much. I hope things cool off for you, Cottage.

Cat, I'm off to school too this morning. I am due at a school assembly to present some prizes from the Fair schoolwork competitions. I love it that the kidlets get so excited over their ribbons and little envelope of $$.

As soon as I get home from that, I need to get cracking on my list as I'm leaving Wednesday morning to take the dogs to the Pypers near Ottawa. Cottage, Beachgal and I are going to have a wee "meet". Don't worry - we won't talk about y'all - much! AND we will be checking in all the time so no funny stuff!

I had a very traumatic conference with my scale this morning and am just horrified! I have not been demonstrating "due diligence" and it's showing. I think I'll delete my ticker until it improves. That's teach it! Snacking on dried fruit is not a good thing.

Time to eat a proper breakfast and then find something decent to wear to the school assembly. My metal bra would be way over the top, I think.

Have a good first day of the real week.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 AM   #4  

Cat, good morning! What were you doing up at 3:30? I got up to pee around that time, but went back to bed. That's interesting that you're focusing on Phila. in your class, I love Philly! It's too bad that you're too far away for a field trip, seeing the Congress Hall, the Betsy Ross house and the Liberty Bell in person makes it seem more real. I hope it's not too much for your 2nd graders.
Enjoy your time with your MIL. It's sad of the circumstances why she's there, but thank goodness her home wasn't damaged. I hope everyone had insurance so they can be compensated for their losses.

And Good Morning to you, Ruth! I can hardly wait for this weekend! That is so funny about your ticker, I was thinking about deleting mine for the time being, too. I've been eating OP, but just too many carbs lately. Enjoy your day at school, it's so rewarding to be with kids!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-15-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 AM   #5  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Morning ladies!!!

Cottage....I know how you feel about the hot/humid air. I opened the door to let my dogs out, and it's much worse than normal down here!!

Cat....holy cow that's early!!! I'm pushin it to roll out of bed for 415! Is Nagin not the biggest joke around "Ask for the Mayor Ray Nagin rate" and now he's crawfishing on the whole deal and saying it was his way of making light of the situation....what a joke.

Just got off of the elliptical and it's making a reallllllly annoying beeping noise throughout the workout. Not sure what's going on...going to have to look closer into that when I get home this evening!

Hope ya'll have a great day!!

__________________________________________________ ______________

Ruth...we were posting at the same time!! I understand...I"m going to have a conference with the scale at work for the first time in a LONG time and I'm almost scared!! haha....and the metal bra....I can't stop laughing!!!! Have a good one!

Last edited by mandyleigh; 09-15-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #6  

Mandyleigh, no joke! She really does have a metal bra! And a chicken purse, too!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, yesterday was like that for me, last night we had heavy winds that felt so good to sleep in. I also took A/C's out last week and yesterday was regretting that decision.

Femme, Thank God for Insurance! Glad everyone is alright!

I just woke up and have hour before the plumber shows up so I need to vacuum and straighten up the office, the rest of the house is company ready! It's so nice to not have to worry about people dropping in unannounced!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cottage enjoy your day.

Ruth- would love to see that metal bra and chicken purse

Mandy- Good morning hopefully the humid air will pass quickly.

Lori- Hope the plumber doesn't find anything major.

Cat- enjoy the time with MIL

I didn't realize that St. Louis was flooded with flash floods until I watched the news last night- our area didn't get it that bad except for heavy winds. Today I am starting work early- so I can get off to take DS to doctors for checkup he has developed cough with rib issue.

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy and Cottage...got up so early (I usually get up at 4) cause my husband had to be at work for 4 instead of 5 this morning. The computer system at the university is still having major problems since the storm(s)

And Mandy, I hear you on the mayor. I think someone needs to be hired just to stand behind him and say "read from your cards ONLY...shut up, shut up, shut the h*ll up!!!" He's making us look like idiots down here. I thought he was doing a great job before K and right after K, but since then, he just needs to shut up and get stuff done. Don't give the man a mike!!!!! Does he not know there are people who can actually write his speeches??? When I first heard him say it, I realized it was in "jest" by the look on his face, but said to my husband "Uh oh, he's done it again..people are going to take him seriously." And they did...

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-15-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

I was up around 4-4:30 myself, went to bed around like midnight.

can nuts give you gas? i've had gas for a couple days now (prob tmi huh?)
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #11  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

A metal bra??? Chicken purse?? Sounds like someone needs to make a trip to mardi gras!! haha...

Cat...yea...he has done it again! I agree...I was impressed with him prior to K and immediately following K....then I think he just lost it. I must say tho...I am impressed with Jinal's response vs Blanco's response...even though the storms don't compare to K....I vividly remember Blanco on the radio saying "We have to pray the water down" Honey...prayers are good, and let's leave them to the spiritual leaders...you are the government leader and that's the BEST plan you have?!?!? Still makes me laugh when I think about it!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #12  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning, beachers!

I will be taking a little time off from posting. I need to work on some emotional/depression issues, and get used to this new medication. My sleep patterns are weird, and my eating patterns are, too. Either I'm not hungry at all and don't want to eat, or I'm starving. I haven't been able to stick to SBD lately, so instead of putting more pressure on myself right now, I'm taking a break for a couple of weeks. I'll check in periodically, and see you all in October!

Have a great day!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Mer View Post
Morning, beachers!

I will be taking a little time off from posting. I need to work on some emotional/depression issues, and get used to this new medication. My sleep patterns are weird, and my eating patterns are, too. Either I'm not hungry at all and don't want to eat, or I'm starving. I haven't been able to stick to SBD lately, so instead of putting more pressure on myself right now, I'm taking a break for a couple of weeks. I'll check in periodically, and see you all in October!

Have a great day!
What medication are you on Belle? I used to be on Wellbutrin XL and Lexapro in the past, not both at once. I was also on Trazodone for sleep - I miss those days, least that stuff worked, lol. I was diagnosed with Major Depression so if you ever wanna talk I'm here.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

So I was headed to bring some garbage out to the can, which was half way across the yard due to HIGH winds last night, yes, it had two bags of garbage in it! When I found a flag of the neighbors, as I was returning it I seen a tree that had fallen against her house, Took off her gutter, some siding damage, but it's a miracle it didin't fall INTO the house and do more damage!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning beachers!!

No time for personals .....

Visited my parents in FL this past weekend....always interesting! Dad is a double stroke survivor..but not by much. He can eat, but not walk or talk. We did get him to walk in the pool, which was quite a major event.

I was proud of myself that I had two of my mom's fried shrimp (and they...were....fantastic!!), but otherwise was OP!! Do you believe it!?!?

Today is busy, busy, busy!!

Take care everyone! Hopefully I'll duck in later!
Closed Thread