Desserts - Phase 2 - Pumpkin Cheesy Things

View Full Version : Pumpkin Cheesy Things

cherrycolored
09-14-2008, 11:37 AM
My First Recipe!!!
I wasn't really sure where to post this but had to because its yummy!! I had to test it a few times and get my recipe straight but wow. I have been craving pumpkin cheesecake and while I found a few recipes on here for fake cheesecake they all had cottage cheese in them which I personally find to be beyond disgusting, lol.... so I tried this and it is delicious. I call it part of phase 1.5 because I am not really doing 2 but not quite using only 1 ingredients. They really taste like pumpkin cheesecake to me and there is no need for a crust but i am sure making one with crushed pecans would taste lovely.

1 8oz. package of low fat (1/3 fat) philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 can of Libby's 100% pumpkin
1/4- 1/2 cup of Part Skim Ricotta ( i have used both measurements, depends on what you like)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
4-6 packets of Splenda. I like about 5 but depends on your taste for it.

I mixed all ingredients together and spooned into muffin cups which i had sprayed with some PAM just to make sure they didn't stick to the papers. Then i baked them at 350 for about 50 minutes or until a knife comes out of the center clean. They will not be 100% set so make sure you cool them a bit before eating. Store refrigerated. This recipe makes about 8 muffin cups worth.

I have been eating them for breakfast and occasionally for snacks. Great with coffee in the morning when I just dont have the time or inclination to eat or make eggs. No need to reheat either, they taste good cold. I am guessing they would hold up ok in a micro though.

I put the recipe together on a site an broke it out into 8 servings so these are APPROXIMATE calories etc. but what I use to count on the web site I use to track my foods.

1 cake: 90 calories, 5g fat, 5g carbs, 2g sugar (from pumpkin natural), 1g fiber, 5g protein

I love them. Hope you do too!!

rdw1
09-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Sounds good- I too have been craving some pumpkin... I thought about making pumpkin muffins without the cream cheese, as I love pumpkin pie more than pumpkin cheesecake- but this sounds delish! I am soooooo ready for the fall!

Fat Melanie
09-14-2008, 11:54 AM
OMG, when I saw the title to this thread I almost died. That sounds so delicious and right up my alley. Cheesecake and pumpkin? MMM!

Jenskihere
09-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!

scarahjs
09-14-2008, 12:56 PM
They sound great. I will have to try and make them. Thanks!

cottagebythesea
09-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Two of my favorite things combined into one! :T I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing it, Cherrycolored!

cherrycolored
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Great!! I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!

rebel
10-07-2008, 01:09 PM
What size can of pumpkin? Libby's makes 2 sizes.

It sounds delicious.

cherrycolored
10-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I used the smaller can (15oz). and make sure its the 100% pure pumpkin, not the pumkin pie filling. that has a ton of sugar in it.

callystia
10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I absolutely cannot wait to try this! Thank you so much for sharing.

rdw1
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
So, out of all of us who have said this sounds great(and it does) has anyone tried this recipe?

ScottieBaseball
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
So, out of all of us who have said this sounds great(and it does) has anyone tried this recipe?

My wife (down 11 lbs.) and I (down 14 lbs.) are in our 2nd week of Phase 2. I made these tonight and HOLY SCHNIKES are they good! Thank you to the original poster.

jyoyo78
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
DELISH!!! Just made these, this is definitely a recipe I'll be making over and over :o)

Panacea86
09-25-2011, 02:53 PM
I made these today with 4 packets splenda. Added 2 pinches each cocoa powder and cinnamon, a teensy bit more vanilla than directed (I have the junky kind, not pure vanilla). The flavor is amazing, so cheesy an mildly sweet and nutty.

I used a bit more than 1/4 cup ricotta and regret it, along with not being sure how much pumpkin I had (I had some pumpkin left and couldn't remember how much had been in the can). I clearly added too much of both, because my muffins came out super wet after 50 minutes. I had to bake them an extra 20 minutes to make them solid.

I will use less ricotta and be more precise with my pumpkin next time. They're great though.

jerseygiiirl
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Made these last night. Followed recipe. Found they need some cinnamon or nutmeg as they were a little bland. With the added spice I'm sure they would be much better.

Natasha1534
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Okay, maybe I'm missing something here...but what makes these Phase II???

CyndiM
10-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Okay, maybe I'm missing something here...but what makes these Phase II???

the pumpkin, it's a winter squash :)

Natasha1534
10-24-2011, 08:51 PM
the pumpkin, it's a winter squash :)

Ahh, okay. I was confused b/c pumpkin is listed on the veggie list for Phase I.

Natasha1534
10-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Bwahahahahaha...nevermind, I had a blonde moment. It's listed to avoid on PH I, LOL

CyndiM
10-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I was just about to ask if you had a new list :) I know Dr. A has a new book so I thought maybe that had shifted. Something to look forward to when you finish phase 1

Natasha1534
10-24-2011, 09:44 PM
I was just about to ask if you had a new list :) I know Dr. A has a new book so I thought maybe that had shifted. Something to look forward to when you finish phase 1

Definitely!!! It's weird being Phase I again...but you gotta do what you gotta do. ;) Off to find a good Phase I sweet treat recipe, LOL