Support Groups - 101 Ways to stay motivated! (Come on ladies, we can do this!)
04-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Need some inspiration? Motivation? Think of the things that help you stay motivated, and "plant" them here...Let's see if we can get to 101 of them to "grow"....
1.) Feel like binging? Come here and "hang out" with the chicks. We are full of motivation.
2.) Go to www.myvirtualmodel.com, and create 2 models one at your current weight, and one at your goal weight. Make several copies of "you" at your goal weight. Hang them on your refrigerator, at your desk at work, on the dash of your car...anywhere, where you get tempted to "cheat", or slide off plan. ( I highly recommend doing this...it is a great motivational tool, and it is alot of fun.)
3.) Go to www.bodyforlife.com, or get ahold of the book. Look at all the before and after pictures. Read the success stories. It is very motivational even if you aren't following that plan.
4.) Take a before picture of you...(SCARY!!:eek:I know!) Usually the horror of getting the proofs back is enough to keep you motivated for a few weeks.
5.) Keep a journal of your feelings, what you eat, exercise, etc Take pleasure in looking back at how far you have come.
6.) Write on your calendar...the one hanging in your house where everyone can see it....everytime you work out. Nothing like "Peer pressure" to get you moving.
7.) Make a bet with your honey (I did this). If you lose a certain amount of weight by a certain date, that he will buy you a new wardrobe. I'm sure he will specify a $ amount. Make it something to work for.
8.) Only weigh yourself when you are pretty sure you have lost. If you are like me, a gain is a real motivation killer.
9.) Take your measurements. Don't take them again for at least a month...maybe more..."see the inches you have lost???"
What keeps you Motivated....?????? 92 more to go!
04-11-2002, 05:35 AM
Don't want to lose this one!
Positive self talk
Remeber the craving won't last forever
Talk about the feelings
Take deep braeths!
Remind yourself you are worth it!
04-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Good One Pat!!!
16.) Look in the mirror everyday, and pick out things you like about yourself...then things you would like to make better....then think about what you need to do to change them.
Come on ladies everyone has ideas to stay motivated! Lurkers post yours as well!!!!!
04-11-2002, 12:05 PM
Setting goals! Motivation to achieve your goal comes from within! For me it is having a realistic goal is key! I write down my goal, and how I can achieve them. And everytime I reach one, it makes me even more motivated to reach the next one! Also make a list of obstacles you may encounter as you progress toward your goals, then list how you can overcome each, then when you get to them they are easier to deal with!
04-12-2002, 07:06 PM
take a good look at your kids. each one is motivaiton to continue
cheating does not taste as good as success feels
20- take a good lok in the mirror not at the fat but at the real you, the person under the fat and see who you really are.
21 being able to run up the stairs with out becoming winded
22 makin whooppe with the lights on
22 same thing!!! LOL
04-15-2002, 08:50 AM
24. Having you5r significant other look at you with "that look" agian.
25. Being alive to see your grand children and your great grandchildren.
26. Think about wearing a belly shirt, or a bikinni!!!
27. Making whoopeee with the lights on!!! (taht was so good it had to be repeated!!!!
04-15-2002, 04:43 PM
28 wearing a belly button rine that does not disssapear when you sit!
29 being able to wave and have your arms stop when you do.
30 stop jiggeling when yu walk
31 being able to play with your kids and know when they are laughing it is becasue you triped and fell in the mud, not because they have never seen you run before
32 take a bike ride with the kids and having them try to keep up with you, instead of keeping up with them even though your tires are 26 inch and theirs are 16's
33 being able to take a bike riede with the kids
and my favorite making whoppee with the lights on!!! have to repeat it!!
04-16-2002, 08:39 AM
35. Being thin at your next classs reunion!
36. Being thin at your sisters wedding.
37. Making your Nay-saying mother, BF, Dh, sister, eat their words when you reach goal weight.
38. HAve someone say "She has lost so much weight! She looks good...better...younger...prettier...sexy!!!!"
39. Making whoopee with the lights on!!! (yet again!)
40. Being able to lay on the couch with your honey, and you both fit comfortably!!!
Come on PAt, terri, Dana, Pam, where are you guys????
04-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Oh 29! That is my favorite! Because that is the main reason I joined the gym!!
41. Be able to walk down the street and have women say "I want to look like that!"
42. Be able to shop in the petite section (I'm a shorttie!)
43. Be able to walk up hills without getting winded
44. To not be able to count the cellulite dimples on my bum!
04-18-2002, 08:51 AM
45. Not to be able to feel fat rolls on my back!!!:p
46. To have a flat belly!!!
47. To have other men notice me when I walk down the street again...
48. To have Bf notice me again.
04-19-2002, 09:51 AM
49. Regain your self confidence
50. Regain your self esteem
51. You're doing it for YOU!
52. Walk taller...not broader (BTW...I'm about 1/2 inch taller)
04-19-2002, 04:30 PM
53. To be able to stand in front a mirror by happy with what you see.
54. To have the nicest abs on the block
55. To finnaly be able to buy a whole new waredrobe!
04-22-2002, 08:39 AM
56. Not to have my belly hang over the waist ban of my pants.
57. To look in the mirror and wonder who the "fat chick" is...Oh, that's me!
58. To weigh less than BF.
04-26-2002, 10:00 AM
59. to not have the lawn chair stick to the butt when i get up!
60. to not have to worry that i am over the limit of the lawn chairs
61 to have the kids get on my lap and wonder if they have room to sit
62. to have the kids get and FIT in the cair with you
63 to be able to get in the swings at the park and not look like a huge waterballoon (hanging out all over)
64 to shop in the tregular size shop and not worry if it will fit
65 to feel comfortable with who is looking back in the mirror
66 to be able to get a belly button ring and be able to see it!!! with out looking in the mirror
67 to look good enough to get a belly button ring and let it show!!!
68 to feel good]
69. to know i am not a walking diabeties advertizement
70. to keep feeling healthy
71 to have women youhger than me look at me and say boy i wish i looked that good
72 to have men of ALL ages look at me ans say wow!!!
73 repeat 72!!!
74 sex with the lights on!!
75. to have DH go crazy when he sees me (In the very sexy teddy that i have bought, but it has not been deliverd yet. i am saving it for our anniversary in june!!! and hopefully i will be much closer to goal)
OK girls i am waiting for some of yours!!! there is only 26 left!!!
05-02-2002, 08:39 AM
76. Get re-motivated by getting sick, and losing your appetite, and losing a bunch of weight!
77. Stay motivated by the scale moving to the left!
78. To think about wearing a size 8 again!
79. Not to be "the fattest" sister anymore.
05-06-2002, 11:25 PM
80. To not waste another minute thinking I'm fat. Don't have time for thoughts like that anymore I'm too busy planning healthy meals.
81. To be able to walk in shorts without them riding up between my legs.
82. To move my wedding ring from my pinkie to my ring finger.
83. Making bad food choices just makes it take longer and I don't have the time.
05-07-2002, 10:02 AM
84. To weigh less than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my first son.
05-07-2002, 01:06 PM
85. To be able to see my feet without getting my belly out of the way first.
05-08-2002, 01:29 PM
86 To not have the waistband of my pants cutting off my circulation and leaving *gorgeous* red welts when I take them off.
05-08-2002, 10:32 PM
Wonderful additions girls!!!!
87. the yucchy feeling i have when I am Off Plan
88. the wonderful feeling of being OP!
89 the feeling of self confidence that erupts from me as i am feeling soo good!!!
05-10-2002, 07:34 PM
90. To like the way I look in family photos
05-13-2002, 02:38 PM
91. To put my hands on my aching back and realize that...oooohhh! I am smaller!
05-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Ladies, I haven't posted here before, but I like your style. Motivation is key to success. Heres a few things I'am doing!!!!
92. Remember- Nothing taste as good as being thin!
93. To be able to go to my 45th high school reunion in August at least 25 lbs thinner.
94. Not having to say, "I can't go because I can't walk that far".
95. Being able to get off at least one high blood pressure medication, and maybe other medications.
96. Feeling like I have taken control of my body. And feeling more physicially fit.
97. Enjoying getting on the scales and seeing it go down every time!!!
98. Having the energy to do my work and not be exhausted after.
99. just the motivation that comes with initial success. You want to keep going.
100. Looking into the mirror and not feeling like a failure.
I hope these will help others. I am going to use some of your ideas. Thanks everyone!!!
05-15-2002, 08:44 AM
101. MAKIN WHOOPEEE WITH THE LIGHTS ON!!!!!!!!!
We did it ladies!!! 101! way to go!
05-16-2002, 08:43 PM
WHOOPIE!!!!! :D :D
05-23-2002, 05:35 PM
What a cute thread!;) Liz