Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face Very Strange! I've just noticed..

.. That I only look overweight if you take me in from the knees to the neck. Seriously. It's bugging me, and I probably haven't posted in the right place, but it's so odd!
My head looks normal, like an averaged sized person's head - I don't really have a chubby face at all, which I find weird. And then from my knees down, I have pretty nice legs. Visible calf-muscles, slim ankles, normal sized unwide feet.

Anyone else have any anomalies like this? I've always been somewhat overweight and it confuses me.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My mom has a humongous behind compared to the rest of her weight distribution, and I have always tended towards less fat in my face.

My mom always wanted me to keep a short, tight to the head haircut because it made my face appear slimmer, and I always fought her on it, because I felt like if I didn't have at fuller hairstyle, I looked like a pinhead. Having a "thin" face on a huge body, just seemed so odd to me, that I actually was partially relieved when I started to gain a bit more in my face when I got older. I didn't want extra fat anywhere, but I felt a little better proportioned.

I've noticed now though that as I'm losing it - it's most noticeable in my face. I've lost 5 inches in my bust, 3 inches in my waist, and absolutely zero in my hips - so I think I'm going to have to contend with being very oddly proportioned until all or most of the weight is all off.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:49 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i have a huge centre from bele button to knees....
the rest of me is fine too....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/188/105

Height: 4'11 (I know, right?)

Weight distribution really varies from person to person. I have always been overweight as well & when it was just 30-50 lbs I had 'normal' looking calves & arms for the most part... until I gained another 50 lbs :/ now everything is fat. I think a lot of it has to do with where you gain weight first/last - some people gain in their bellies, or lower half, or chest before the weight goes anywhere else.

I've always been jealous of women with thinner faces, though. I think they just look better, take better pictures, etc..
suha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #5  

Rainbowstripe, you sound like a friend of mine. She has thin arms and delicate hands and fingers, but a larger mid-section. Her legs and feet are also slender, as is her face. She tends to gain right around the middle. But the silver lining to that is she (and you too) can dress to hide it a little! Shorts look great on her, escpecially with a babydoll style top. I'm a pear shape. I think I'd trade my thighs and tush for a little more stomach.......
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogirl008 View Post
Rainbowstripe, you sound like a friend of mine. She has thin arms and delicate hands and fingers, but a larger mid-section. Her legs and feet are also slender, as is her face. She tends to gain right around the middle. But the silver lining to that is she (and you too) can dress to hide it a little! Shorts look great on her, escpecially with a babydoll style top. I'm a pear shape. I think I'd trade my thighs and tush for a little more stomach.......
I do dress to hide it a little, you are right. That's why people sometimes query why I say I need to lose weight. Some people I mean. Not all of them. It's clear that at my height I'm definitely not a healthy weight, and while I think I'm quite pretty at times, my confident lacks because I can't wear what I want to wear. But I think I somehow give off this aura of being small because I'm short and have a slim face. Small however does not equate to slim!

I sometimes wish I could be taller actually, my weight would be so much better distributed.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote