Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 09:01 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Tuesday's Daily Thread - April 9

Just getting the thread started, will go catch up on yesterday's posts and be right back!
Kirsty
Old 04-09-2002, 09:35 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

i think that although it looks like a thread has had a lot of views it doesn't tally with the number of people. everytime you refresh your screen it counts as another view. so i'm sure there aren't that many lurkers around... although if there are - come post! it's so nice to hear how other people are finding things. so, good to see you chocolate lady!
jenl - fab picture! your dream job has long hours, back stabbing and is in a place your DH hates? are you sure it's your dream job?! if you aren't happy in what you do now maybe it's worth looking for another job, but things are def different now you're married with emma. and what if you get PG? you definitely wouldn't want a job with long hours if you had two kids! gosh, i know that sounds terribly un-PC but i work to live not live to work. if i had kids i'd only want to work part-time. guess i need to find a rich husband!!
CL - mood swings are normal. hopefully as you eat more fruit and veg and less fatty stuff your mood will be better. i think the secret is to not feel like you are on a diet and that you can't eat certain things. you can eat whatever you like, as long as you have the points!
ali - pears are definitely healthier than apples, i think you are at less risk of heart disease for one thing. if anyone is confused, i'm talking about body shapes, not fruit! but how do you get a peachy rather than orange-peel behind?!
rina - hope things go ok at the doc. maybe the dizzy spells are stress-related? that's v annoying your doctor is assuming things about your diet purely by how you look. does she know you're on WW? you're definitely wise to take it one step at a time to get back OP. just think of your big day coming up and how you want to look.
noelle - counting points at weekends is beyond me these days! i really really want to, so am going to try to do so this weekend. i try to be honest and put down how much i ate/drank even if it's over. and if i can't compensate for all the extra points i shouldn't have had, i forget about it and start afresh on monday. hope you make all your exercise goals this week!
right i should probably post this missive. sorry to waffle on so much.
kirsty
ps i'm hopefully going to get my niece's christening pressie today. i wanted to go to the shops this morning but they were all shut for the queen mum's funeral. unfortunately they didn't make it a national holiday so i had to come to work!!

Last edited by Kirsty; 04-09-2002 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:46 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Unhappy Wow...

Today is even worse than yesterday! Come out, come out wherever you are!

Hi Kirsty! What did you decide to get your niece for her christening? Did you see the Queen Mum's casket? I heard that people were waiting in line yesterday for 5 hours just to walk by...

Kim, Becky, Lisa, Lolly, Trish, Lori - we haven't heard from any of you in a while! Hope you are all okay.

Not much is going on with me. I am interviewing people to be my assistant, and just had an interview this morning. I wonder when I will get used to interviewing people my mom's age... it always makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

And I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck. I can't move my head at all to the right. I slept terrribly last night (and the night before) because of it, and was up at 4 am watching the Early Today Show. I didn't even know there was such a thing. It is all about money and business, so I found myself really interested in it when the original idea was to use it to make me fall back asleep!

I hope everyone else is in a better mood and having a more exciting day than I am.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default hello??

jen - i hope your neck gets better soon. maybe you should see a doc or osteopath or something. rina will know! it must be very hard to interview people, i don't think i'd be very good at it. did you find a good assistant?
i never bothered to see the casket - no way would i queue (wait in line) for 5 hours!! i might have a wee glass of gin in her memory but not till friday night. my coworkers are going to the pub tonight but i said i couldn't. feel proud of my willpower but also a bit sad cos it's fun chatting to them and pub we go to is v nice. ah well, it's good for me!!
i hope the rest of you are ok?
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 04-10-2002 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:36 PM   #5  

Angry

Hi Jen and Kirsty!

Jen ~ I bought a homogenic neck massager at Walmart and love it, I constantly get pinched nerves in my neck from hovering over my computer all day long. It beats the chiropractor!

Kirsty ~ That is awesome willpower, now don't overindulge on Friday! I drank so much on Friday night, that I barely remember the evening (my best friend was in town from NJ), we always do it up when she is here. Not good, still feel ill and it has been 4 days....I am way to old for that!! The up side is I had tons of cute college guys hitting on me...amazing...30 year old wife and mother getting hit on....

Where is everyone else????? Come out and talk!!

I am staying OP most days, this weekend with my little drinking binge put me way over, but I am back on track today. I am going to lose 12 pounds by June come **** or high water!!!

I am treating myself this afternoon to a haircut and color. Need a little pick me up, it has been either snowing here or raining and dreary. Today is finally sunny and 60. I hope it stays.

Well, better get some work done. I will check in later!
Old 04-09-2002, 03:31 PM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi everyone!

I've been sick. A bad chest cold that really took the stuffing out of me. I ended up covering an event last Wednesday morning, then went home sick. Then I was out Thursday and Friday. I took it easy all weekend, and came back yesterday to find I had to write a story about a murder. So it was a busy day. Today, I'm trying not to do anything because I still don't feel great. So far, I'm succeeding in doing nothing. I did go buy tickets to the Willie Nelson concert next month, though!

I hope everyone's doing well. I'm afraid I haven't been eating right, although I lost a few pounds when I was sick because I didn't feel like eating anything Ñ that almost never happens to me! But I'm sure I've put it all right back on.

Anyway ... that's about it. Hi to everyone!
Old 04-09-2002, 06:34 PM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I'm sick, too

I don't know whether or not it's allergies or sinus infection. The internet filter isn't quite gone, but as long as I make it home at a decent hour, I should be ok.
I'm skipping WI tonight. I just feel like crawling into bed and falling asleep. Too bad the weather is just GORGEOUS!! I want to walk, but really don't feel well enough to do that.
Hi to everyone!
Old 04-09-2002, 11:02 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hi all!

Busy day today. My brother & his fiancee are staying here. He had surgery today to get his "breast buds" removed. He has had them since he hit puberty (at least ten years) but this past year they have been getting bigger so the doctor thought it best to remove them. He not feeling too good right now. I also spent part of the day doing some wedding shopping, looking for some nice gifts for our attendants & some decorations, etc. On top of that there was work, which was fine but not as busy as I would have liked. Tomorrow we're going to look at some more places for rent. I really hope we find one soon. That's about it for me. I'm really tired & off to bed early That never happens! Anyway talk to you all tomorrow! Have a great sleep everyone!!

-Rina
Closed Thread