100 lb. Club - You can lose weight in your feet?!?!?

pengbear
09-11-2008, 11:53 AM
OK, so I need to know if anyone else has had this issue. My shoes are too big! I have a pair of NICE high heels for work that 2 weeks ago, fit fine. I had to go home at lunch yesterday to change shoes because I couldn't stand walking out of them! I had no idea you could lose weight in your feet. I went home and tried on most of my dark winter shoes, and sure enough, most of them are uncomfortably too big.

I've lost almost 70 lbs, and in the last week or so, I feel like my body is "adjusting" even though the scale is only showing a couple lbs difference. But in about a week, clothes are falling off of me, and I've lost a couple inches around the waist & bust.

Has anyone else run into this problem? (I mean it's a nice problem to have, but it's just WEIRD.) I guess I've got to hit up DSW this weekend.

PhotoChick
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Yup. The tops of my feet, especially have gotten less puffy. I can see the tendons from my ankles to my toes. So far it's only effected 2 pairs of shoes, though, so I've been lucky.

luvja
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
:hug: first of all, congrats on the weight loss, you rock!.
and yes, you can lose weight in your feet, great isn't it!. I've noticed in the last 2 weeks, the tendons in the side of my foot and showing more :)

nelie
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes, I've gone down nearly 2 shoe sizes.

Shy Moment
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
pen
Did you know your feet are one of the parts of your body that never stops growing. Sure you can lose weight in your feet. There isn't a part of the body that weight gain and weight loss doesn't effect.

Dumplin
09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Way to go girl, you have really done a great job!!!

bargoo
09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
When you gain weight you gain all over your body including your feet. You lose weight the same way. I am down 2 sizes.

Glory87
09-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I went down half a shoe size :)

SwimGirl
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Woohoo! What a great problem to have! hehe..

My shoes have all become too SMALL as I've gained weight, I can't wait until this weight is gone and I can fit into them again! Is it possible to miss shoes? LOL.

-Aimee

H8cake
09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I was sure that I hadn't gained in my feet. They went up a half size in the last five years and I thought it was age, going without shoes... But now some of my shoes are too big. I was moving into the comfort shoes and now I'm so happy to be able to wear heels again. It's amazing how much younger you feel when you can wear a pretty pair of heels!

pengbear
09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Thank you girls! I'm psyched to get to buy shoes and actually have a legit reason but that also means I'm out some $$. I just always assumed I'd be an 7 1/2 - 8 Wide. Now that I think about it, I did have shoes that were too small over 120 + lbs being added, it just never occurred to me that the reverse would happen and my feet would get smaller! DUH!!!! Now I get to have petite feet! :D

Is it possible to miss shoes? LOL.

Yes. Shoes are our friends.

thistoo
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
The upside is that you can sell your old shoes on ebay and recoup some of your $$ -- to spend on more shoes, of course! I've lost about a size so far, and I imagine I'll lose another half size or so by the time I reach goal.

thatgirl1024
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I was just wondering that!! I am glad you asked!! I used to wear 8.5 nikes
and now I just got new shoes I had to get a 8!

fiberlover
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't go down show sizes, per se - but I did go down in width. I used to take a WW shoe, and now it is normal, with an occasional better fit with a W.

I know for sure I lost fat in my feet because I can see the bone structure in them.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Yay! One more thing to look forward to! I wore a size 9 for years. I now wear a size 10 wide and my feet and ankles hurt when I wear heels. I can't wait to wear pretty sexy shoes again.

twilit tera
09-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Congratulations on shrinking out of your shoes!

ghost
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Congratulations! Thats a good problem to have. Its like me and jeans right now, I have to buy smaller sizes.

Fat Chick B Gone
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
DUH!!! Never occured to me why a few of my heels were being wonky these days. I thought I had somehow stretched them but I think it's the running and weight loss that have made my feet smaller!

And yes I will mourn the loss of a few pairs if they get any smaller !

rockinrobin
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Yup, you can lose weight in your feet, your hands, your wrists, your neck, under your arms, even your head. I have hats that are now swimming on me.

It's just the greatest. The greatest. :)

pengbear
09-11-2008, 07:54 PM
It's nice to lose weight period, but the unexpected things are always fun. Like looking at yourself in a picture and seeing 1 and 1/2 chins instead of 2! :D
But the shoe thing is really neat, totally out of the blue, and I'm just so glad I've passed on the pizza and brownies and DONUTs. Oh my gosh, i wanted those donuts.

But getting to shoe shop is even better. :dizzy:

zenor77
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I went down half a shoe size :)

Me too.

Farseashore
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I need another pair of sneakers. At this point, I'm flapping around in them like I'm wearing clown shoes. I can actually feel my feet slide back and forth in them!

Schumeany
09-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm going to a cocktail party next week. I was already completely excited that I had to buy a Size 10 dress a couple of days ago -- but today when I went to buy shoes to match. I went from my usual Size 9's to an 8. I was totally amazed! But when I came home, I tried on a couple of my other dressier shoes that I have not worn lately and NONE of them fit. Skinny feet? Who knew...

Primm
09-11-2008, 10:59 PM
My local running shoe shop guy told me this. When I bought my shoes he told me to make sure and buy new ones every 6 months while I was losing, even if I didn't do a lot of running, because my feet would change size and shape and I could damage my feet.

I thought he may have just been aiming for more sales, but turns out he was right!

Tai
09-11-2008, 11:19 PM
My feet got smaller too. I went from an 8 to a 6 1/2 and no longer look like I'm baking bread in my shoes!

Trazey34
09-12-2008, 12:19 AM
This is the best side benefit yet! I went a little shoe-crazy once I dropped about 50 lbs, no more WIDE shoes, just a regular old off the shelf 9 will do it! I bought a lot of shoes. A. LOT. OF. SHOES heheheh

Ookpik
09-12-2008, 03:41 AM
I was surprised at this too...I never even thought of the possibility that my feet would get smaller. I can also wear regular-width shoes now and cute sandals I couldn't slide my feet into before.

Gale02
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I went down 1-2 full shoe sizes depending on the brand.

Smiling_Sara
09-12-2008, 07:29 PM
as funny as this sounds, I use to justify eating badly by saying to myself, ahh, this sundae will only go to my fingers, or my feet, not my hips, arms and stomach. I can't believe I would say that to myself.

wendymeows
09-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I am soooo glad you posted this!! I was an 8.5 shoe for quite a while and then all of a sudden I was a 9.5. It never occurred to me that you can gain weight in your feet and that that was the reason for the size increase. Then last week I went to the shoe store to buy new walking shoes and guess what? I tried on a 9.5, 9.0 and they were both too big. I tried on the 8.5 and it was a perfect fit. I had to sit there and think about it for a minute and then I got really excited! *lol*

puzzledpenguin
09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I hope my feet don't get any smaller! :crossed: It's hard enough to find shoes my size as it is! :eek:

pengbear
09-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, I will take "smaller" any way I can get it!;)